Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Jill thinks her mom is the sweetest patient the nurses have ever had? Give me a break. Even if that were true, mom’s huge, loud superspreader family ruins it.

Good thing Jill only visits once a week. She is usually on Vacation 🤣

• LOL 11

I'm honestly surprised Jillpm isn't slinging Younique or some other makeup mlm.  Seems that's actually something she absolutely cannot live without.  I've seen a lot of the facebook videos the Younique huns have done and not only is the makeup terrible, but they just keep piling it on... just like Jill.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
44 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Tim's lawncare business is now listed as sold! I'm curious exactly what was sold and how much he made. 

You mean how much BME and GWE made. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 10
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's a gross thought: when Jill says that Tim is missing "fellowship" (she used the quotes) with Pat, is she referring to SEX???? 

That is exactly what it sounded like to me! Especially since she put fellowship in quotes as if it were a euphemism for something!

and posting to the world that her mother threw up! I’m sure Pat really appreciates that.

And “after a day of showering and therapy” – it sounds like she was showering all day!

• Like 9
  • LOL 4

Jill has a new post on IG. Videos & pics of Kaylee’s bridal shower.

ETA: a lot of ladies attended and Jill shows them all in her videos… One lady with a little white cap on (Amish or Mennonite maybe). More videos show Kaylee opening presents, Jonathan is there too. Kaylee may have gotten a new dress even! Nurie gives a speech on marriage because she has so much experience. The decor was pretty, I thought, but it was all pink and white, and the cake was orange and brown.

Think that’s all, but I must admit I only watched about 20 seconds of each video.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Jill plan and sponsor this shower? Did she pay for the food? Does she own any serving dishes? Are the flowers on that cake edible? Just wondering. The barndo rarely has this much food on the table to wonder about. 

To my professional eye those look like frosting flowers and they look pretty good which makes me think that the cake itself was store bought and later by Rods butchered with that writing. 

Eta,  the polka dots also look added later,  no idea on the butterfly because that is something that's available for me to buy at our decoration supplier. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Also one of the gifts was a Winnie the Pooh tee shirt. I didn’t listen to the stories/videos, so not sure if they explained that one.

Jill said Jonathan likes Winnie the Pooh.

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 9
25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Jill plan and sponsor this shower? Did she pay for the food? Does she own any serving dishes? Are the flowers on that cake edible? Just wondering. The barndo rarely has this much food on the table to wonder about. 

Probably all paid for with SNAP.

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Why is Jonathan at a bridal shower?

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Jill has butterflies left over from one of themed ladies' retreats. I'm surprised she didn't use more unless she didn't want Kaylee and Jonathan to get any ideas about flying away.  

The cake was probably in the day-old bakery section of the supermarket. Otherwise, why would the fabulous Jill choose beige and orange icing for a party with pink and white decorations? Maybe she really paid for something for this shower. 🤯

The napkins say "Last Fling Before the Ring." I think that would be a bachelorette party, not a sad home party with elderly guests eating Bagel Bites off an old sheet pan three months before the wedding. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

The cake would be really pretty without the part written by a first grader. The hearts look like two attached kidneys.

Haha, I thought the writing on the cake looked like a cockeyed drunk did it.  I'd have to be drunk to attend that shindig.

• LOL 13
14 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Haha, I thought the writing on the cake looked like a cockeyed drunk did it.  I'd have to be drunk to attend that shindig.

Probably one of the Rodlets got the task. I like how cursive morphs into block print by the end of the message. 

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe he'd rather eat Bagel Bites and watch his fiancee open gifts than swim in a dirty drainage ditch with the "guys."

Or Jill told him to be there. 

Ugh. I wouldn't touch those chips or the mints(?) in the small bowl. Think of how many unwashed hands found their way into those bowls. Plastic tongs and a spoon are cheap solutions for those hosts who care. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

I am looking for the Jill video with Timcel asking her “Mamho, take a picture of us sitting in the sand.”  Was all over Reddit but cannot find it. Anyone know if it’s whereabouts? And…Mamho?

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if he or anyone else there could tell us who wrote those books (without cheating, lol)? And could they pronounce his name if they did?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 4

Confession:  I don't hang around FB much anymore but when I do it's to stalk JillRod's page (after checking out my crazy niece's page!)

I actually thought they did a pretty nice job on the shower.  I think Kaylee found a decent partner in Jonathan--I just wish they weren't hanging around Jill's sphere of influence.

Nurie had to look up 1 Corinthians 13 to read the verses.  Lapsed Presbyterian that I am, I can recite that passage, but then I learned the RSV version and she is dealing with the King James, which is not user friendly!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, sheshark said:

I am looking for the Jill video with Timcel asking her “Mamho, take a picture of us sitting in the sand.”  Was all over Reddit but cannot find it. Anyone know if it’s whereabouts? And…Mamho?

Here you go!  (I love this so much)

Extended clip:   *it seems you need to open it in a new window for sound.  It's worth it!

Edited by CouchTater
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

But there was actual food.  Not just mints and melted ice cream.  Step in the right direction, I guess.

As I said before, it beats Nurie's sad wedding and reception. I'm really curious how the wedding will turn out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

My own bridal shower had my ex attend. That was 30 years ago. I went to one last year and the groom to be was there. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Poor Tim sounds like he is ....I don't know..it's just sad.

Run, Tim! You just sold your business and allegedly have money saved. Contact someone you know in Wisconsin and make a break for it.

• LOL 9
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Run, Tim! You just sold your business and allegedly have money saved. Contact someone you know in Wisconsin and make a break for it.

Yes, but what would he do? To be honest it sounds like he should be working in a sheltered workshop.  I am sure that is not the politically correct term and I do not mean to be offensive.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes, but what would he do? To be honest it sounds like he should be working in a sheltered workshop.  I am sure that is not the politically correct term and I do not mean to be offensive.

He could go back to the type of work he was doing before when he lived in Wisconsin, I guess. Lots of job openings right now. 

• Like 4

He probably could get a job almost anywhere.  Every fast food place around here is hiring.  There are sign-on bonuses advertised, and I have seen starting salaries as high as $18 an hour.  They will train, so he could flip burgers and he would be very much appreciated.  I wish he knew that he had opportunities available outside of his family.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

He probably could get a job almost anywhere.  Every fast food place around here is hiring.  There are sign-on bonuses advertised, and I have seen starting salaries as high as $18 an hour.  They will train, so he could flip burgers and he would be very much appreciated.  I wish he knew that he had opportunities available outside of his family.

Right, anything would be good experience for him. I wonder where he lived when he was in Wisconsin? Surely he has a contact or 2 who might help him.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Those look like bagel bites 

567E6C6B-B505-4127-B547-8FF525A9B16F.jpeg

I’ve never seen nor eaten a Bagel Bite, so I had no idea that’s what they were serving.  I’m sure they were scrumptious. 😏 I wish I could’ve identified the rest of the food at the shower.  I recognized the potato chips, pasta salad and a deviled egg, maybe?  What were the other bowls filled with?  And WTH is Jill’s thought process when she’s planning the menu for these events?  To serve anything as long as it’s cheap and filling?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t know, but he has a look of trepidation on his face IMO.  I wonder if he’s having SEVERE second thoughts about this whole marriage thing with a Rod daughter?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, sheshark said:

I listen to that daily for a laugh. Poor Tim is a laughing stock because his Mahmo didn’t get him speech therapy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve never seen nor eaten a Bagel Bite, so I had no idea that’s what they were serving.  I’m sure they were scrumptious. 😏 I wish I could’ve identified the rest of the food at the shower.  I recognized the potato chips, pasta salad and a deviled egg, maybe?  What were the other bowls filled with?  And WTH is Jill’s thought process when she’s planning the menu for these events?  To serve anything as long as it’s cheap and filling?

When I was younger I liked them. They are not bad and kids might like them. I think the food was brought by the guests. Jill probably advertised it as a potluck bridal shower. 

Reddit thinks the pink salad is ambrosia. I saw no crackers/cheese/salami/olives etc or even fresh fruit salad 

but by Jill standards which are SEVERELY low it was practically a feast!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Do you mean as an employee, or a client?

• Like 2
  • Wink 1

A potluck bridal shower?  Never heard of that. What's next a potluck wedding reception? The Bagel Bites on the baking sheet and the huge bowl of potato chips says someone really put in a lot of thought to this event.  And that cake does not look like it came from a bakery from the writing on the cake, the orange trim around the cake and the weird plastic looking flowers nope not a bakery cake.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

A potluck bridal shower?  Never heard of that. What's next a potluck wedding reception? The Bagel Bites on the baking sheet and the huge bowl of potato chips says someone really put in a lot of thought to this event.  And that cake does not look like it came from a bakery from the writing on the cake, the orange trim around the cake and the weird plastic looking flowers nope not a bakery cake.

It's still more than what Nurie got at her RECEPTION! I don't remember her shower, if she even had one. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

A potluck bridal shower?  Never heard of that.

I’ve been to showers that have ranged from fancy places with sit down lunches/dinners, to backyard picnics (one was my own). She didn’t say it was particularly a potluck, which doesn’t have to mean everyone brings  a food item, it can be some who simply offered, and were taken up on it.

From the amount of people that were there, I’m going to say not everyone brought a food item. I’d eat the pasta salad that was there, and I’m thinking someone brought that.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's still more than what Nurie got at her RECEPTION! I don't remember her shower, if she even had one. 

(They don’t have ads, no $$ gained here.)

Nurie’s bridal shower video:

• Useful 4
  • Love 1