Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Why did she specifically tag Tim and Heidi? First Heidi isn’t her DIL yet - and probably wont ever be allowed to come in without knocking if she ever is a DIL. Second, is Tim actually spending more time at his own house than at Jill’s?  That would mean a) she has  lost control of him, and can’t monitor his communication with Heidi and b) he is cooking his own meals

• Like 9
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

D5237807-8934-429D-AF63-EB9B4571877B.jpeg

🙄

This isn’t Jill’s house. I can’t picture her asking her kids: are you hungry dear? Let me feed you. 

She makes it sound like they are living together.  They are not even engaged yet, right?  

• Like 13
26 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Why did she specifically tag Tim and Heidi? First Heidi isn’t her DIL yet - and probably wont ever be allowed to come in without knocking if she ever is a DIL. Second, is Tim actually spending more time at his own house than at Jill’s?  That would mean a) she has  lost control of him, and can’t monitor his communication with Heidi and b) he is cooking his own meals

She's tagging them because she can. Nurie and Kaylee aren't on SM. And yes, it makes it look like Teidi are living in sin. 😂

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

D5237807-8934-429D-AF63-EB9B4571877B.jpeg

🙄

This isn’t Jill’s house. I can’t picture her asking her kids: are you hungry dear? Let me feed you. 

No, Jill would ask where are you taking us out to eat?  There is no reading other than Godly books in that house.  Definitely, no snacks for everyone to munch on. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

I think Jillybean is quite upset tim is in his own house and he and heidi can talk about things or make plans without her being involved.  The tag to them is needed to remind them. I think Kaylee girl is another duggar/bates type newly married woman, has no actual idea what to do by herself all day while her man is at work. Kaylee girl has been shown in quite a few pics and videos at the barndo. I would put money on she spends most of her days there with mama.

• Like 10
  • Sad 6

So the Wayne county fair was last week.  Another delay of game for Jilly’s social media posting.  It was cheap enough to get in…hoping they took the littles.  But something tells me they didn’t.  

As far as DBD finding a replacement helpmeet, he really won’t have to (now that I think on it a bit).  They did such a great job putting the kaibosch on Renee’s courtship with MM that she can now resign herself to a life of being a stay-at-home daughter.  She will be the Rod version of Jana. 

• Sad 10

Jill posted a picture of a cartoon from one of her children's history books.  I'm pretty sure the man in the cartoon is Ronald Reagan.  So, she's using a history book from the early 80's for homeschool purposes?  Nice flex, Jill.

• Like 4
  • Sad 11
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Jill posted a picture of a cartoon from one of her children's history books.  I'm pretty sure the man in the cartoon is Ronald Reagan.  So, she's using a history book from the early 80's for homeschool purposes?  Nice flex, Jill.

To be fair, Jill is most definitely stuck in the 80's in more ways than one!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
54 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I prefer this one. 
Speculate wildly on what’s she’s mad about:

IMG_8754.jpeg

"Since I'm having to pretend like I'm a good mom, now I don't have enough money for the NICE Olive Garden"

or

"My amazing Hunk hasn't won a stuffed animal for me yet"

or

"Why can't I be an Emerald Plexus babe??"

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is from a group picture. It’s from one of the days of the college’s tent revival meeting.

Guess if anyone else is doing this in the picture.

A57376CE-1F0C-456B-88BB-A64C7DD0180B.jpeg

That's super funny when you're in second grade.

I realize he's been brought up to be socially stunted and awkward, but perhaps noting that no one else is giving bunny ears might be a cue that it's not appropriate in every situation.

As always, excellent parenting, Jill. 

• Like 21
  • Sad 2
49 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I can still see her ugly shoes 🤣

At first, I thought she was wearing old socks with the toe part cut off, something from a Monty Python skit. 

No, it's just another addition to Jill's vast collection of ugly footwear. 

The fair would have been a good place to wear her white cowgirl boots. She wasted an opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

At first, I thought she was wearing old socks with the toe part cut off, something from a Monty Python skit. 

No, it's just another addition to Jill's vast collection of ugly footwear. 

The fair would have been a good place to wear her white cowgirl boots. She wasted an opportunity. 

She wore those shoes before. They are like boots but toes are exposed. David must find feet/exposed toes sexy. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is from a group picture. It’s from one of the days of the college’s tent revival meeting.

Guess if anyone else is doing this in the picture.

A57376CE-1F0C-456B-88BB-A64C7DD0180B.jpeg

Honestly surprised he did that. I grew up kind of adjacent to their brand of Christianity, and bunny ears were symbolic of devil horns. So it was like you were placing a curse on someone if you did bunny ears. Big no-no.

• Like 6
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 3

Jill obviously thought it was funny, even at his age.  Some parents do strange things for attention.  Sister Wife Christine encouraged her teen age daughter to run across the room and jump into the decorated Christmas Tree while she filmed.  She laughed the whole time.  I can see Jill thinking this hilarious.  She did post it, after all.

The absence of Tim makes me wonder if he and his "girlfriend" are spending more time with her family, and not so much with Jill.  I am also surprised that, after telling us that T & H wanted to post their own information, she has not posted about them.  I wonder if she learned a lesson from MM, or if Heidi's family has more influence with Jill than MM does.

• Like 10

I guess there is a video out there that Heidi and Tim made about their house. I am starting to think that Jill has met her match. This is a girl who knows what she wants and she will make sure Tim does it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 2

Tim's house isn't too bad inside. The floors are updated, they have decent enough furniture, and the paint job improves the look. Overall, it's a good little starter home, especially for a man with little job skills and a young woman who likely won't hold any paid jobs outside the home. My husband and I didn't become homeowners until our mid-30's, but we do live in a more successful part of the country.

Of course, if they have a passel of kids quickly, that little home is going to be crowded and unpleasant, but for now it's nice. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
11 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Jill obviously thought it was funny, even at his age.  Some parents do strange things for attention.  Sister Wife Christine encouraged her teen age daughter to run across the room and jump into the decorated Christmas Tree while she filmed.  She laughed the whole time.  I can see Jill thinking this hilarious.  She did post it, after all.

The absence of Tim makes me wonder if he and his "girlfriend" are spending more time with her family, and not so much with Jill.  I am also surprised that, after telling us that T & H wanted to post their own information, she has not posted about them.  I wonder if she learned a lesson from MM, or if Heidi's family has more influence with Jill than MM does.

Jill is also the one who encourages her brood to tape "kick me" signs to the backs of their siblings and document the ensuing wackiness.

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
26 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill is also the one who encourages her brood to tape "kick me" signs to the backs of their siblings and document the ensuing wackiness.

I don't think Jill has any problem pitting her kids against one another in a way that she thinks is funny teasing, but it's actually cruel.  Those kids have enough of a burden to carry just living in that house and trying to sufficiently please Mahmo on a daily basis.

• Like 11
  • Sad 9

Its a Fundy thing. Fundy parents don't want their kids to align with each other, they want them to align with the parents. Its another way of ensuring obedience and keeping the numbers in their favor.

Like what is unfolding in Jill Dillard's thread - imagine if the kids grew up liking each other. JB&M would be very lonely.

• Like 14
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Its a Fundy thing. Fundy parents don't want their kids to align with each other, they want them to align with the parents. Its another way of ensuring obedience and keeping the numbers in their favor.

Like what is unfolding in Jill Dillard's thread - imagine if the kids grew up liking each other. JB&M would be very lonely.

So a Fundy's legacy is a quiverfull of siblings that don't like or trust each other.  How sweet.

It's mind-blowing what these parents will do in the name of producing a bunch of blind followers.  What does Gothard have to say about what happens when the parents are gone?

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Madtown said:

The house is nice and I think they did a good job decorating and painting. Just keep MAHMO from filling it with junk where you can't even walk around.

I  hope Heidi puts her foot down on that. I kind of think she will. I guess we will see. 

• Like 7

Does Heidi have any clout because her mother is in Jill's Plexus downline? If Jill wants to reach ruby, she has to keep her sales people happy. If Heidi's aunt pulls out because Heidi is complaining (or because she isn't making any money for all the work she's doing), ruby will slip far beyond JIll's reach. 

Granted, this isn't working with Jonathan, but he doesn't seem to have any backbone at all. Heidi may be different. 

4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The Rod kids are most likely very familiar with that face. 😢

I think that's Jill's default face. It was accidentally caught on camera. She looks like Sister-Wife Robyn Brown. 

Edited by BradandJanet
change "aunt" to "mother"
  • Like 10

T&H both seemed very happy in the video, and I think Heidi's family may have raised her to have some say of her own.  I was so happy to see Tim and his dog, and Heidi seems like a real animal lover, also.  Heidi seems to have a good handle on decorating, and I thought their house looked nice for a first home.  How far away is this house from the barndo?  I hope far enough away that Heidi doesn't have to encounter Jill too often.

• Like 14