Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I see Nessy is still carrying that filthy pink rag. 

That rag has to be dirtier than inside of a public toilet bowl 

seriously they need to throw it out 

janessa probably sucks on that rag too, not just drags it around 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Sad 7

I hate playing doctor thru a computer screen but jfc someone during at least ONE stop on the Grift-a-thon MUST have brought up Sofia looking ill.  Someone.  Church ladies are nosy AF and always sticking their noses into literally anyone's business but their own, I certainly hope someone has pulled Jill aside and said "she doesn't look right for her age, her skin is ... not right, etc" but I know I know I know... Jill would just brush it off and LOL about it.  

At some point, I would hope the older kids - as they get exposed to other families via marriage or "college" - they can look at Sophia and see "yeah something isn't right" but we know critical thinking isn't in abundance in that family so maybe they are ALL willfully and blissfully ignorant.  Gah this woman infuriates me to no end.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Are they though? Looking at the shoes on the one in front of Tessie (coat?! tied around her waist - I’m not good with the little ones’ names), they look huge on her. Maybe she’s got long feet and is due for a growth spurt, but it looks like she’s wearing someone else’s. 

I think we were stunned that the Rodlet girls were wearing sneakers for their excursion instead of a mix of flip flops, sandals, winter boots, and heels. Just having the right type of shoe is an accomplishment. Getting the correct size is simply asking too much of the Best Momma Ever. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 12
  • LOL 2

Apparently, the Rodriguii have left their mark on a national monument yet again. Reddit had Jill's posted video of the fam in the Paw Paw Tunnel in the Chesapeake & Ohio National Historic Park. David took out a ballpoint pen and wrote on an old wooden rail inside the tunnel: The Rodrigues Family was here (date). The video clip has since disappeared, but it's the usual giggling Jill with her camera and the unsupervised kids in the background. In their defense (cough, cough), other people had defaced the rail before them. Still, the point is to visit our national parks and monuments and enjoy and learn from the experience. Since the Rods do not seem to have any natural curiosity about the world around them, learning and enjoying are impossible. 

The Rods' transgression has been reported to the National Park Service, where the file on this family continues to grow. Jill should be careful what she posts, but we know how that goes. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 5
On 4/17/2023 at 10:26 AM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Are they though? Looking at the shoes on the one in front of Tessie (coat?! tied around her waist - I’m not good with the little ones’ names), they look huge on her. Maybe she’s got long feet and is due for a growth spurt, but it looks like she’s wearing someone else’s. 

You’re right, because I noticed the same thing.  That’s Sadie and those shoes look huge on her.  It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Jill gets the kids shoes that are 4 sizes too big, so the kids will be able to wear them for 2 or 3 years.  Which means Jill will have more money to spend on herself.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

David took out a ballpoint pen and wrote on an old wooden rail inside the tunnel: The Rodrigues Family was here (date).

I gasped at this.   Literally.   the PawPaw tunnel is not to be defaced.  Oh my goodness.   I hate that they are messing up stuff in my state.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jill, self proclaimed lover of history, certainly has no respect for historical places and sadly she and dip up dave are teaching their children to have no respect for such places as well.

But do you think for even one second that they wrote/gouged "the rodrigues family was here" into the wall in Floyd's Barbershop or the Mayberry Jail Cell?? Heavens no, only evil modern world people would deface the sacredness of mayberry. 🙄

I have reported people to the National Park Service. Some do get fined or banned. A co-workers son once posted pics of himself and his friends on fb spray painting their names on some Petroglyphs - I reported them. They got a huge fine and had to spend time doing community service in the national parks along with lifetime bans.

I reported Jill and Dave over the St Augustine climbing and got a note back saying they were aware and were pursuing the case.

You’re right.  The video clip, that shows David writing on the wooden rail, is gone.  I want someone to watch the video clip of when they turn off all of their flashlights and it’s pitch dark.  Who is the Rodling who says, with a breathy, high-pitched voice, “Janessa is scared!”

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, LilJen said:

The pocket square (if real) looks like a tiny clawed imp is about to climb out of DBD’s pocket. I wonder if you put a microphone up to it if you’d hear the screams of all the sinners in hell.

Satan's fingers trying to claw his way out? 

• LOL 14
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Apparently, the Rodriguii have left their mark on a national monument yet again. Reddit had Jill's posted video of the fam in the Paw Paw Tunnel in the Chesapeake & Ohio National Historic Park. David took out a ballpoint pen and wrote on an old wooden rail inside the tunnel: The Rodrigues Family was here (date). The video clip has since disappeared, but it's the usual giggling Jill with her camera and the unsupervised kids in the background. In their defense (cough, cough), other people had defaced the rail before them. Still, the point is to visit our national parks and monuments and enjoy and learn from the experience. Since the Rods do not seem to have any natural curiosity about the world around them, learning and enjoying are impossible. 

The Rods' transgression has been reported to the National Park Service, where the file on this family continues to grow. Jill should be careful what she posts, but we know how that goes. 

If they get a fine it will come out of the kids food budget. 

If they get a fine. It seems no consequences happen to the Rod family, like EVER. 

• Sad 10
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Who is the Rodling who says, with a breathy, high-pitched voice, “Janessa is scared!”

I could not decide which Rodling it was since they all have the same affect in jill speak. It could have been one of the younger girls, but I thought it also seemed  to have sort of mocking tone to it, like an older one making fun of janessa for being scared.

• Sad 13

So new story has the Rodlets playing dodgeball with some other random kids. Part of their trip to grift in Maryland. No one there seemed to treat the Rods to dinner just dodgeball. Even Renee was playing. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So new story has the Rodlets playing dodgeball with some other random kids. Part of their trip to grift in Maryland. No one there seemed to treat the Rods to dinner just dodgeball. Even Renee was playing. 

In the very last video, I spied a girl in JEANS!!! Horrors, Jill!

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

If they get a fine it will come out of the kids food budget. 

If they get a fine. It seems no consequences happen to the Rod family, like EVER. 

Well, we know how gahdly they are.  😡

Shame on those selfish, vile people.  

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

In the dodge ball video I saw a few girls wearing pants. 

Jill is so annoying always recording and the weird laugh/breathy voice narrating everything. 

I turn off the sound on her videos. Can't stand Jill's shrieking, singing, or other mannerisms. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I wonder if, in a few years, Jill and the waifs will be wearing pants and calling them trouser-skirts. 

That is likely to happen as Jill feeding her kids and finding out why Sofia is so tiny… 

or 

never going to happen 

• Like 1
  • Sad 13
20 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

That is likely to happen as Jill feeding her kids and finding out why Sofia is so tiny… 

or 

never going to happen 

Biblical modesty (Jill's version) is the hill she'll choose to die on. It's Jill's public modesty performance. Her daughters  and daughters-in-law (other than the unfortunate girl who marries Tim) may have different ideas. 

• Like 10
14 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m SEVERELY shocked that Jill is NOT in Florida celebrating her favorite kid’s birthday! Jill is never home and apparently has no issues filling up the RV ($500)…

It’s hard to have issues filling up the RV when it’s not your money being guzzled. 

• Like 7

Does she have an eldest daughter in a different category than ‘born’?   Most people just say eldest without adding the word born to it.   Unless she wants to imply that one of the daughters is adopted?  ( I know they aren’t - just being sarcastic).  Normal people who adopt children wouldn’t single out born vs adopted anyway 

Don't get your hopes up about Plexus.  Coca Cola and Proctor  and Gamble are on that list. They aren’t going anywhere 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
25 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Does she have an eldest daughter in a different category than ‘born’?   Most people just say eldest without adding the word born to it.   Unless she wants to imply that one of the daughters is adopted?  ( I know they aren’t - just being sarcastic).  Normal people who adopt children wouldn’t single out born vs adopted anyway 

Don't get your hopes up about Plexus.  Coca Cola and Proctor  and Gamble are on that list. They aren’t going anywhere 

Yes, Pepsi was also on the list. I have to admit I am a little confused about the list. Is every company on the list guilty of false advertising,  some other wrongdoing?

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

This is at the beginning of the list:

The fact that a company is on this list is NOT an indication that it has done anything wrong

38 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I either never knew (or blocked) that The Bestest Ever Nurie shared a birthday with my son.

You probably blocked the information. The mind has a way of protecting itself. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
44 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Older black people say “my first born” a lot. My mom always calls me her first born, yes I am her eldest and her first pregnancy. So I don’t think it’s odd, probably a regional terminology difference. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1