Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Jill is wearing a sleeveless dress with that purple top under it as a modesty shirt.

Does she wear tank tops/sleeveless tops at home/around Dave? Wonder if she wears sexy lingerie for Dave?

I don't want to wonder about their sexy times!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, Teriacky said:

Why does Tessie hold her head so strangely l? It looks like she’s jutting it out in front of her body. 
The egg  hunt winners are holding what exactly? It looks like a packet of condoms. (Of course that isn’t what they’re holding.)

Talking about condoms.... the Walmart near me has this huge wall display when  you walk in. during the holidays you will see gift ideas. For some reason the last couple of weeks, the whole wall is condoms. There has to be at least a thousand boxes! 

I thought someone said they were  holding DQ free tickets. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She apparently has swimsuits she wears in the boudoir. 🤮

Swimsuit in the bedroom?

I do a lot of things in my bedroom and a bathing suit is not needed for any one of them.

• LOL 24
3 hours ago, Teriacky said:

The egg  hunt winners are holding what exactly? It looks like a packet of condoms. (Of course that isn’t what they’re holding.)

I think a dollar or 2 and a half off coupon for a DQ Blizzard, along with their winning bags of candy. ☹️

• Sad 4
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

How Renee was able to walk in that miles-too-long dress is a mystery.  Poor girl, her hair is so beyond fried, it's a wonder it doesn't spontaneously combust.  ☹️

Her hair is tragic.  She’s a pretty girl but, honestly, her hair is dead.  Jill is a cosmetologist, so you would think that she would want her children to have beautiful, healthy hair, but I’ve obviously forgotten that Jill is a narcissistic POS who cares only about Jill.  

Edited by farmgal4
Removed a word
  • Like 15

EB589978-FEDE-4802-B9FD-D12E4E50CDA1.jpeg

99419243-2D2D-4032-A685-2FDF7AB155F1.jpeg

It blessed my heart yesterday that on Easter Sunday, whether far OR near, all of our children were in church, praising our RISEN Saviour!  I have NO greater joy!  🥰  Nathan preached an AMAZING sermon on Easter!  If you live near Seville, Florida, go check out their church!  They would LOVE to have you visit!  ❤️

• Mind Blown 3
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Jill is wearing a sleeveless dress with that purple top under it as a modesty shirt.

Does she wear tank tops/sleeveless tops at home/around Dave? Wonder if she wears sexy lingerie for Dave?

I WAS EATING!!!

I have a hard time imagining his O face as anything besides his standard slack-jawed expression. 😮

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 8

Masilon offers a one year certificate like quite a few other of these church run "colleges."  Did Jill say he was going for a degree or just sort of imply it?

One-Year Bible Certificate

This non-degree program

includes one year of Bible and related subjects. It is designed for the student who is seeking God’s will for his life or is desiring to better his understanding of God’s Word. A student must complete 34 credit hours of study, all at Massillon Baptist College. However, these 34 credit hours do not have to be completed within one school year. No thesis is required for this certification, and the student is not required to take the Doctrinal Comprehension Exam.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
12 minutes ago, awaken said:

That college test looks as if it’s just writing down memorized Bible verses. Not too hard to get a score of “102 A+” 🙄

Let's compare that handwriting to Jill's own. I wouldn't put it past her to "grade" her own kids' "college" work. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
18 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Masilon offers a one year certificate like quite a few other of these church run "colleges."  Did Jill say he was going for a degree or just sort of imply it?

Her post said he was "nearing his last semester." You don't say that about someone who is continuing on in their studies. 

That one year certificate program is about the Rods' speed. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 13
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Her post said he was "nearing his last semester." You don't say that about someone who is continuing on in their studies. 

That one year certificate program is about the Rods' speed. 

Bragging rights and virtue signaling.  I hope someone gave him a belt for Easter.

• Like 11
  • LOL 12
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Swimsuit in the bedroom?

I do a lot of things in my bedroom and a bathing suit is not needed for any one of them.

Brain died…

perhaps Jill needs to see a FEMALE doctor if she needs a swimsuit to do lotion time with Dave.

• Mind Blown 3
43 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, I got that.  I meant originally when he first enrolled.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It is designed for the student who is seeking God’s will for his life or is desiring to better his understanding of God’s Word.

Wasn't Phillip studying to be a missionary to Hungary?   So wouldn't that imply he already knows what God's (Jill's) will for his life is?   

Imma guessing Jill is refusing to pay for any more semesters.   It was cutting it to her vacation budget.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Wasn't Phillip studying to be a missionary to Hungary?   So wouldn't that imply he already knows what God's (Jill's) will for his life is?   

Imma guessing Jill is refusing to pay for any more semesters.   It was cutting it to her vacation budget.

She made Phillip pay his own tuition. Granted, it's cheap, but she didn't put out a dime.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh, gotcha. I'm pretty certain that Jill implied that he was going for the missions degree which I think is 3 years.

Philip doesn’t have the $ for that. 1 year degree it is.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She made Phillip pay his own tuition. Granted, it's cheap, but she didn't put out a dime.

guess that's why he only got the 1 year degree because he can buy presents for Mahmo or he can become a missionary.   He cannot do both.   So does he think he will still be a missionary like Tim is going to be a pilot.   Or does he get the RV in the driveway now that Tim is getting married?

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I looked up this Anchor Baptist Church in Seville, FL and it said "Permanently Closed"...the site listed another person as pastor. I'm confused here.

They could just be behind updating their website. Nathan doesn’t seem to be a SM guy. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jonathan Hill family

🙄

Kaylee is 20 weeks pregnant. I’m thinking she is having a boy otherwise Jill would have announced during Easter 

MY PRECIOUS not Nurie IS HAVING A GIRL BABY. 

If she is, it has got to be grinding Jill's gears after all the many times she made it clear during her last several pregnancies that she was praying for a godly son.  Jill made no secret of the fact that she wanted boys, boys and more boys and, yet, got 9 girls and 4 boys instead.  Not to mention 6 girls in a row to finish off her childbearing.

You'd  think. However, their version of religion seems to freestyle it a bit with the training.  Does anyone think Nathan Keller has a 4 year divinity degree, yet he's a 'pastor'? Tim was going to become a missionary pilot but it seemed like the pilot training was the only part that wasn't 'do it yourself'.  I was raised a Catholic where all the nuns and priests had college degrees, it wasn't even possible to join the clergy without either already having one or pursuing it; and, for priests anyway, a Master's is also required and the subject has to have some sort of religious theme.

If Phillip's year long study of his faith included memorizing Bible verses and regurgitating them for exams, I don't think it was particularly useful in discerning his commitment to missionary work.  Can you imagine getting a degree in literature by memorizing lines from poetry?  One would hope that there was a companion course where, in addition to memorization, there was actual study of the message and meaning behind those verses but I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
Just now, crazy8s said:

Jill specifically said they were praying for Janessa to be a boy to replace Timothy because he was leaving them for Moody and his burden of missionary aviation.  🙄

How fortunate for Jill that Tim couldn't cut it at Moody and came home to live in a camper in the driveway after the disappointment of another girl baby.

• Like 9
  • LOL 8
47 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Jill made no secret of the fact that she wanted boys, boys and more boys and, yet, got 9 girls and 4 boys instead.  Not to mention 6 girls in a row to finish off her childbearing.

Those poor girls.    No wonder she treats them so badly (I mean she would anyway, but probably worse than she would if they were boys).   You KNOW she reminds them on a regular basis she wanted boys but got them instead.   Except for Nurie of course.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

I was certain Phil was in the missions program, the one that would actually prepare him to become a missionary. Didn't Jill say this? This cheap one-year program won't do a thing. It's probably the equivalent to the online courses the older girls took.

While I had doubts that Phillip would end up in Hungary, at least there was some hope he would be prepared to do something. Gee. The two-year church secretary program is more useful than a year of copy/paste bible verse classes. 

The selfish Rodrigues parents have now doomed another son to camping in their  backyard while trying to support a wife and kids with no education or trade to allow them to do that. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

EB589978-FEDE-4802-B9FD-D12E4E50CDA1.jpeg

99419243-2D2D-4032-A685-2FDF7AB155F1.jpeg

It blessed my heart yesterday that on Easter Sunday, whether far OR near, all of our children were in church, praising our RISEN Saviour!  I have NO greater joy!  🥰  Nathan preached an AMAZING sermon on Easter!  If you live near Seville, Florida, go check out their church!  They would LOVE to have you visit!  ❤️

Kaylee is standing on her too-long dress.  Didn't Jill teach her "girlies" (hate that word!) to sew, at least enough to hem a dress?  Geez Louise.

Nurie looks nice, even with the modesty tee.

• Like 9
25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I was certain Phil was in the missions program, the one that would actually prepare him to become a missionary. Didn't Jill say this? This cheap one-year program won't do a thing. It's probably the equivalent to the online courses the older girls took.

While I had doubts that Phillip would end up in Hungary, at least there was some hope he would be prepared to do something. Gee. The two-year church secretary program is more useful than a year of copy/paste bible verse classes. 

The selfish Rodrigues parents have now doomed another son to camping in their  backyard while trying to support a wife and kids with no education or trade to allow them to do that. 

David worked as a professional printer before being laid off and deciding to stay home and watch the map.  Presumably, he had some training in graphic arts, at least at the high school level.  If they'd even set up a couple of kids to take vocational training in graphic arts or auto mechanics or even cosmetology; they'd have a much better chance of being able to support themselves and a family.  Instead, they're all planning to become professional grifters relying on other people for handouts.

• Like 11
  • Sad 10

I suspect Jill intentionally misled people by saying Phillip was in the missions program. Now, suddenly, it's the one-year program. Jill has a serious problem telling the truth. 

That rock garden in the barndo yard, which we used to say looked like a pet cemetery, is actually the place where the male Rodlets' and probably some of the females' hopes and dreams are permanently laid to rest under a pile of gravel. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 13
27 minutes ago, Notabug said:

David worked as a professional printer before being laid off and deciding to stay home and watch the map.  Presumably, he had some training in graphic arts, at least at the high school level.  If they'd even set up a couple of kids to take vocational training in graphic arts or auto mechanics or even cosmetology; they'd have a much better chance of being able to support themselves and a family.  Instead, they're all planning to become professional grifters relying on other people for handouts.

They should train at least one to be the family auto mechanic.

• Like 16
  • LOL 6
35 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I suspect Jill intentionally misled people by saying Phillip was in the missions program. Now, suddenly, it's the one-year program. Jill has a serious problem telling the truth. 

That rock garden in the barndo yard, which we used to say looked like a pet cemetery, is actually the place where the male Rodlets' and probably some of the females' hopes and dreams are permanently laid to rest under a pile of gravel. 

What is really sad is that Jill keeps her kids so isolated and sheltered that they don't even realize that the careers they are considering are almost completely out of their reach.  Tim probably figured it out when he was at Moody, but no way he can tip the others off without incurring the wrath of Mahmo.

• Sad 18
15 hours ago, awaken said:

That college test looks as if it’s just writing down memorized Bible verses. Not too hard to get a score of “102 A+” 🙄

Especially since he’s had the Bible crammed down his throat since the day he was born.

• Like 11

The only way Phillip will ever get to Hungary, Europe is on some short term missions trip like the on Nurie and Dave went on to Botswana, Africa. 

Interesting how the missions trip was something Nurie hoped to do and not a burden from Jeesauce.

from the rod blog - highlight mine

"David and Nurie are on a Mission’s Trip right now to AFRICA!  It was Nurie’s hope and prayer to go on a Mission’s Trip before she married someday.  She worked hard to raise her own money for the trip and God provided through various ways for David to raise his own money to go.  David met some GREAT missionaries (the Haleys) to Botswana, Africa and felt called to go there for the trip.  Nurie has looked forward to this for quite some time and is THRILLED to be serving in this capacity.  She strives to stay busy in the work of the Lord while she waits for God to bring His perfect mate to her someday.  While in Africa, they are planning to do a LOT of door knocking and soul winning while there."

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I can't figure out why Phillip would've taken that not cheap counseling course if he wasn't pursuing further pastoral development.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, Teriacky said:

Why does Tessie hold her head so strangely l? It looks like she’s jutting it out in front of her body. 

I've noticed that too - she seems to be standing the way tall girls stand when they want to appear shorter.  I wonder if Jill coached her on that, or she's trying to somehow shrink herself down to match her shorter older sisters.

19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I think a dollar or 2 and a half off coupon for a DQ Blizzard, along with their winning bags of candy. ☹️

Who is supposed to pay for the other half of the DQ Blizzard??  Even a dollar won't cover that.  It's cruel to give a kid that has no means of earning money a coupon for 50% off something that they can't afford.  My guess is the coupon winner gets to go with Dave to "share" that Blizzard.

And why, on Easter, do we need to see a picture of KayJon making out, along with a teapot-posed (I love that description) Jill and her on-the-market oldest girls?  What does that have to do with the religious holiday?

Also, Jill?  Not everything you wear has to be the same color.  Sincerely, Purple.

• Like 17
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I've noticed that too - she seems to be standing the way tall girls stand when they want to appear shorter.  I wonder if Jill coached her on that, or she's trying to somehow shrink herself down to match her shorter older sisters.

I wonder if Jill has decreed that no girl can be taller than her, and Tessie has been told to slouch. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder if Jill has decreed that no girl can be taller than her, and Tessie has been told to slouch. 

I think you're correct.

It's sad, with her height and her natural beauty, she could've been a model.

Or a physicist, or a soccer player, a teacher, a doctor.......🙁

• Like 2
  • Sad 12
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think you're correct.

It's sad, with her height and her natural beauty, she could've been a model.

Or a physicist, or a soccer player, a teacher, a doctor.......🙁

So could her siblings, so could so many fundie kids.... 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And why, on Easter, do we need to see a picture of KayJon making out, along with a teapot-posed (I love that description) Jill and her on-the-market oldest girls?  What does that have to do with the religious holiday?

Easter is for lovers.

But for real, that was definitely a Jillpm directed kiss. I’m certain the only time we ever kissed in the presence of our parents was at our wedding. I cannot kiss on command without laughing uncontrollably. I just feel ridiculous. But all the married fundies must do performative make out sessions for all to see for some reason. It’s so hypocritical because they scream about Disney “grooming” children, yet fundies talk about their kids purity and future spouse quite literally from birth.

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3