Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill forced Nurie to go sightseeing with her and DBD when Nemo was just days old. Nurie had torn significantly and was in a matching wheelchair to Jill, who had her SEVERE knee injury. 

These people are stupid.

Seems like just yesterday. Oh it was barely a year ago. Grandma Keller probably has Nemo and JillR will show up afterwards to take pictures and post on SM. She will be no help to Nurie unless her eyebrows need attention.

• Sad 8
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Seems like just yesterday. Oh it was barely a year ago. Grandma Keller probably has Nemo and JillR will show up afterwards to take pictures and post on SM. She will be no help to Nurie unless her eyebrows need attention.

Nurie's eyebrows looked pretty spermed out the last time I saw a decent picture of her face. 

• LOL 2

Newman as a name for a Rodrigues/Keller offspring - someone posted on Reddit that their dog is named "Newman" and that they say Seinfeld-like, "Hello Newman" about 400X a day. Alas, poor Newman Christian will never be the recipient of that hilarity, since his parents are clueless about the name they just gave N2. #stillbeatsSpurgeon

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

How long until N3 is born? I give it a year and a half, two years at the very most. 

There are more okay N names than I thought (okay as in not totally hideous): 

Nicholas (or Nicolas), Noah, Nathaniel, Nolan, Nash, Nico, Nasir, Noel 

Nancy, Nina, Nora, Nicole, the inevitable Nevaeh, Natalie/a, Naomi, Nadine, Noelle, Natasha, Nessie

• Like 4
20 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Rod gossip updates...

Last night at church, Prissy asked for prayers for Nurthan who were at the birthing center. Baby Nimrod is certainly here by now. 

The same person who broke the news about Pat's fall a week before Jill did says that Kaylee and Jonathan went to San Diego for their honeymoon. I guess we will see if she's right if Jill ends up posting pics.

All these fundies who profess their hate and disdain for California regularly sure seem to enjoy traveling there.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Kaylee and Nurie will be pregnant at the same time. I’m sure mahmo will make baby birthing a competition. And of course Kaylee better birth a girl KayJill or JillDavida or something 

I almost hope (and Kaylee) has a bunch of boys, so Jill's head will explode.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

CC88A849-4CBC-4BE5-A364-C173B1280B09.jpeg

1A0A0F55-D5B2-45DD-A7EB-945EB96C508E.jpeg

So did BME inspire the little girls to play wedding? This seems familiar, like they did this after Nurthan wedding. Maybe it’s a Rodlet tradition? But I definitely see JillR’s heavy hand directing this. And everyone at the Barndo does exactly what JillR says.

• Like 10
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Heathen said:

How long until N3 is born? I give it a year and a half, two years at the very most. 

Nancy, Nina, Nora, Nicole, the inevitable Nevaeh, Natalie/a, Naomi, Nadine, Noelle, Natasha, Nessie

Maybe for a later child, but right now, they are going way out there for their current children.  I hope that they call this little guy by his second name, as I think Christian or Chris Keller sounds nice.  But I doubt it.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

One would have to be a "tropper" at a birthing center as one can't have an epidural there, no drugs administered.  I recall Jinger changing her mind about birthing centers after learning that fact.

Some birthing centers do use nitrous oxide (laughing gas) now.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

That photo is creepy.   Brooms as stand in grooms is just weird.   What is on the littlest one's head?   She can't even see out of it, so I doubt she moved from that spot where Jill stuck her for the phone.   i really hope its not a plastic bag.   But I don't trust Jill not to stick a white trash bag on her kid's head when she ran out of white fabric for veils.  

• Sad 14
1 hour ago, Tigregirl said:

That place is such a fire trap!

Is that the only place there is for those kids to play? I remember one of them playing with a ladder in there. Their home is so weird. Jill made sure to make her room and the lr (with the tv hidden behind the map for hypocrisy's sake) and the guest room fairly comfortable. The kids' rooms are too crowded for play and the kids don't seem to have any toys anyway, so the firetrap room with the printing stuff is their playroom, I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill forced Nurie to go sightseeing with her and DBD when Nemo was just days old. Nurie had torn significantly and was in a matching wheelchair to Jill, who had her SEVERE knee injury. 

These people are stupid.

Poor Nurie didn't even get a matching wheelchair. One was a regular wheelchair, and the other was a flimsy portable one. Guess who got the bigger, more comfortable chair. 

And we all know that Nurie INSISTED. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 12
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CC88A849-4CBC-4BE5-A364-C173B1280B09.jpeg

1A0A0F55-D5B2-45DD-A7EB-945EB96C508E.jpeg

OK, the way this was phrased I thought they'd be sweeping the floor with their husbands.  It's a bit backwards, Jill--it should be "brooms as their husbands".

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6

So is BME not rushing to Nurie’s so she can love on the new baby? Or does she need to wait for KayJon to return from their honeymoon? Of course with JillR’s wonky timeline for posting, she could already be there. 

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So is BME not rushing to Nurie’s so she can love on the new baby? Or does she need to wait for KayJon to return from their honeymoon? Of course with JillR’s wonky timeline for posting, she could already be there. 

I'm not sure where Jill is right now, but she knows that Kayjon will bring her gifts from their trip, so she might want to be home for their return. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Heathen said:

My bet is Nurie pops out an Nx every 12-24 months for the next 15 years. 
I'm adding these names to my Nurthan baby name list:

Boys: Nahum, Nazareth, Nedabiah, Nekoda, Nethaniah, Nimrod, and Noadiah

Girls: Naava/Nava, Naomi, Natania, Neorah, Neriah/Nuria, Nevaeh, and Ninevah

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ozziemom said:

So did BME inspire the little girls to play wedding? This seems familiar, like they did this after Nurthan wedding. Maybe it’s a Rodlet tradition? But I definitely see JillR’s heavy hand directing this. And everyone at the Barndo does exactly what JillR says.

But those kids are too young to be eXpOsEd To GeNdEr RoLeS!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Nothing against South Dakota as it has some great tourist attractions...

Do y'all think Kaylee and Jon are the first ever bride and groom to pick SD for a honeymoon? 

Neither come from cowboy culture, so it seems a little weird. Obviously the pics indicate that they enjoy the cosplay. I wonder if they went horseback riding? A rodeo? They probably didn't go to Mt. Rushmore, have they even heard of it?

• LOL 7
33 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Neither come from cowboy culture, so it seems a little weird. Obviously the pics indicate that they enjoy the cosplay. I wonder if they went horseback riding? A rodeo? They probably didn't go to Mt. Rushmore, have they even heard of it?

The Rods visited Mt. Rushmore with all the kids not too long ago. But honestly, how one says hey South Dakota for our honeymoon is beyond my comprehension.

Where are they on the kissing picture? 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I’m thinking Jill is in FL by now. They probably did not expect Nano for 2 more weeks. 

1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

A honeymoon in South Dakota sounds awful this time of year. Also.. The girls playing wedding, and using brooms for grooms is so sad. Don't they have dolls or something else to use? 

All the good toys are in mamas closet on the top shelf. They are NOT for the kids. I agree I don’t see her kids holding toys just nasty rags they suck on.

Usually the kids I see carry a stuffed animal or a toy in their hands. Not the Rodrigues kids.

• Sad 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Nothing against South Dakota as it has some great tourist attractions...

Do y'all think Kaylee and Jon are the first ever bride and groom to pick SD for a honeymoon? 

I love South Dakota,  the Badlands and Black Hills.  I loved Deadwood but I doubt they went there. I think they stopped at Wall Drug by the look of those pictures. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

The Rods visited Mt. Rushmore with all the kids not too long ago. But honestly, how one says hey South Dakota for our honeymoon is beyond my comprehension.

Yes, they visited SD when they took Timothy to Moody.  The went to Wall Drugs and Mt Rushmore.

August 2018

"My FAVORITE site to see on this trip!!!…

To see Mount Rushmore, was TRULY a dream come true for me! I love and respect my forefathers and this monument to them, is truly breathtaking! The Black Hills are quite possibly the MOST beautiful hills/mountains I have EVER seen! The quaint town at the foot of the hills, is a LOVELY spot! God’s creation is beautiful and I am SO grateful to Him for allowing us to travel to see it….on a shoestring budget- nonetheless. LOL. ? However, our God is faithful and is providing as we slowly trek West to drop Timothy off to college for Missionary Aviation!"

Not sure if that is the same trip the went to Minnesota and Mall of America on the way back. I mostly remember they went to the Mall of America because Jill mentioned it was Samuel's week and he picked Gabriel to go on a ride with him while the others watched.☹️

• Sad 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I love South Dakota,  the Badlands and Black Hills.  I loved Deadwood but I doubt they went there. I think they stopped at Wall Drug by the look of those pictures. 

I am currently talking to a friend of mine about taking a trip to SD, MT, and WY (my first time in any of those 3 states) next year, and I already told her Deadwood is non-negotiable. We must stop. :)

I know a fair number of people around here who have traveled to SD and had a lot of fun on vacations there in the summer but offhand I don't know anyone who went there for a honeymoon. Especially in November. I am actually judging the time of year more than the destination. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6