Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

IMHO David was definitely NOT as “worldly” as they make him out to be before he married Jill. He was probably “that guy” who just showed up to a party, got drunk, and acted a fool after a few  beers. Or, even more likely, he was invited along to be the wing man for his friends. I may venture to guess he was kind of shy with the ladies. He eventually found Jaysauce and went to church only to find a gaggle of young, subservient girls just chomping at the bit to hook a man, any man (of which, he was one).  I will admit, Jill was somewhat pretty in her younger years.  And with all the makeup she wore, she could pass for a much older young woman. And, best of all?  She showed him interest!  I’m sure David just bided his time until she was old enough. No effort had to be made on his part, Jill was already hooked!  He must have had that in mind the whole time, considering he was surrounded by fundie women closer to his own age and never married any of them. And now that he sired a quiver full, he can sit back and enjoy being catered to by not only Jill, but the girls too.  And the boys, to an extent.  He is the king of his castle.   All of this is speculation, of course…

I agree with you in regards to DBD’s worldly claims.  I think he greatly exaggerates, if not straight up lies, about being a party animal.  That’s part of his holier-than-thou preacher shtick IMO.

• Like 4
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

But that's not what she'd described. She says she fell in love with him when she was 12 and he was 18 and then he finally noticed her when she was 14 and he was 20. 

I know Jill is an unreliable narrator and a massive bitch on wheels, but I actually believe her on the course of their relationship. Even the verifiable timeline of their relationship is him rapidly courting her and marrying her within months of her turning 18. I also am very suspicious of older, more mature men who zoom in on young, sheltered fundies for brides. We've seen that with some of the Duggar in-laws, and I think it's a sure sign of a creep. 

I get being a preteen girl and having a massive crush on an older guy. I remember being 10 and falling quite madly in love with this guy who was about 20. His name was Ben. If my memory 20-odd years later is correct, he was pretty dishy. But he never once manifested any interest in me. Ben was nice to me because he was a nice person who was friendly with everyone, and I am sure he would have been horrified to realize he was the object of affection for a fifth grader.

That was apparently not David's response at all. Jill seems to have no idea what she is describing from David is not romantic. It's creepy as fuck. And I am not inclined to give David a pass.

I remember my cousin, who was probably all of 10, having a crush on a young man who worked for her day. I think his name was Ken.  These things are normal. The guy taking an interest in a child isn't. If he were 18 and she was 16, okay close enough. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

The guy taking an interest in a child isn't.

Yes that is the part that I feel like a lot of people are skipping over and trying to blame on Jill. I don't care how big of a cunt Jill is as an adult. That is not okay! 

If there had been only a couple of years difference in their age, I wouldn't have batted an eye. But for a young teen, 6 years is a very big gap. 

• Like 3
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes that is the part that I feel like a lot of people are skipping over and trying to blame on Jill. I don't care how big of a cunt Jill is as an adult. That is not okay! 

If there had been only a couple of years difference in their age, I wouldn't have batted an eye. But for a young teen, 6 years is a very big gap. 

Yup. I'm 6 and 5 years younger than my sister and oldest brother. I had a few 'school girl' crushes on their friends. Every single one of them thought of me, and treated me, like their little sister.

I think David is a creep and I agree he is not some passive dude. He gives off control vibes big time.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree he is not some passive dude. He gives off control vibes big time.

Yes I think he is a much more active participant in the toxic family dynamic than Jill's social media indicates. I see them both as being equally responsible for it, not just Jill being the culprit and him being the disinterested bystander. Though of course even if that is true, I think he is still culpable for how their children are treated. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup. I'm 6 and 5 years younger than my sister and oldest brother. I had a few 'school girl' crushes on their friends. Every single one of them thought of me, and treated me, like their little sister.

I think David is a creep and I agree he is not some passive dude. He gives off control vibes big time.

Maybe that is why Jill is so much about how much she loves him, what a hunk he is... etc.... she has to please him and stroke his ego because he is so controlling. It might also explain some of her "hysteria" when it comes to faith, plexus and everything else she goes on and on about. She is unhappy but wants to prove to him that she is.  Just a theory. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe that is why Jill is so much about how much she loves him, what a hunk he is... etc.... she has to please him and stroke his ego because he is so controlling. It might also explain some of her "hysteria" when it comes to faith, plexus and everything else she goes on and on about. She is unhappy but wants to prove to him that she is.  Just a theory. 

Yep. My friends with the worst marriages always bend over backwards on social media to convince the world how magical their relationships are. "Magical" is literally the word used by one of them to describe the asshole she married. This is a man who ridicules her constantly and criticizes everything she does while sitting on his ass and not providing any assistance. She's always been the primary breadwinner while he . . .  sits on his ass playing video games. He also once told her that her sister was more attractive than her and often finds reasons to spend their anniversaries with his dad rather than her. You would never know any of that if you only followed her on social media. 

I've often speculated on how miserable the vibe must be in the Seewald house, but I have no doubt that the Rodrigues house is equally unbearable to exist in. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 7
  • Sad 13
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Zella said:

She was 12 when they met and 14 when he finally "noticed" her for the first time.

Obviously, this is because she had reached the magical age of 14 when she was able to massacre and pluck her eyebrows into barely there existence!

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yes I think he is a much more active participant in the toxic family dynamic than Jill's social media indicates. I see them both as being equally responsible for it, not just Jill being the culprit and him being the disinterested bystander. Though of course even if that is true, I think he is still culpable for how their children are treated. 

This is very similar to what has been my thought process regarding Michelle Duggar.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Liddy52 said:

Jill has a new post up on Facebook.  She and David are home from spending a week in Florida without the children "celebrating us." 

So they DID get away for their anniversary. I guess it's cheaper than throwing another vow renewal. 🙄

• Like 6

They rented a car because theirs has broken struts. If they run into any people who suffered from the hurricane they will try to be a comfort to them or something like that according the video. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 7
8 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

They rented a car because theirs has broken struts. If they run into any people who suffered from the hurricane they will try to be a comfort to them or something like that according the video. 

They are truly shameless. Always begging for money while taking monthly getaways or vacations. Malnourished, poorly clothed children, while they indulge in restaurant meals, and DBD gets to “dip in” first. What kind of God allows such awful treatment of the most vulnerable?

• Sad 6
  • Applause 8
  • Love 7

ANOTHER vacation.   I mean it has to be a week or two since the last one.   I'm sure they will be a great "comfort" to the hurricane victims who lost their homes and/or possessions as they drive around in their rented car on yet another vacation.

• Sad 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

ANOTHER vacation.   I mean it has to be a week or two since the last one.   I'm sure they will be a great "comfort" to the hurricane victims who lost their homes and/or possessions as they drive around in their rented car on yet another vacation.

The selfish jerks. People have lost everything, some have lost their lives and they are on yet another vacation. FFS, they are always on one! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 7
On 10/4/2022 at 5:43 PM, crazy8s said:

jill has a post up for "excellent, diligent and sweet" hannah's 14th birthday. Have the eyebrows been altered?860280426_Screenshot(308).png.8046770a14774ebfe51c091b11569d12.png

She is 14! Now picture some guy who is 20 and been out of high school for 2 years, in his 2-3rd year of college…”noticing her”.  In what world is that not as creepy as heck?  For Jill to wax romantic about David being attracted to her at 14 is beyond inappropriate.  

Edited by Onecattoo
  • Like 5
  • Applause 11
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Zella said:

But that's not what she'd described. She says she fell in love with him when she was 12 and he was 18 and then he finally noticed her when she was 14 and he was 20. 

I know Jill is an unreliable narrator and a massive bitch on wheels, but I actually believe her on the course of their relationship. Even the verifiable timeline of their relationship is him rapidly courting her and marrying her within months of her turning 18. I also am very suspicious of older, more mature men who zoom in on young, sheltered fundies for brides. We've seen that with some of the Duggar in-laws, and I think it's a sure sign of a creep. 

I get being a preteen girl and having a massive crush on an older guy. I remember being 10 and falling quite madly in love with this guy who was about 20. His name was Ben. If my memory 20-odd years later is correct, he was pretty dishy. But he never once manifested any interest in me. Ben was nice to me because he was a nice person who was friendly with everyone, and I am sure he would have been horrified to realize he was the object of affection for a fifth grader.

That was apparently not David's response at all. Jill seems to have no idea what she is describing from David is not romantic. It's creepy as fuck. And I am not inclined to give David a pass.

It also depends on what she means by noticed. For Jill, him simply looking in her direction and smiling to her could be the notice.

I agree, David is creepy. But her account of how they met and got together could mean anything. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Malnourished, poorly clothed children, while they indulge in restaurant meals, and DBD gets to “dip in” first. What kind of God allows such awful treatment of the most vulnerable?

Well you have to remember that they pray to the only correct Jesus.

• Sad 6
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Wouldn’t flying 2 people be cheaper than rending a car to FL?

So Jill went to Vermont and FL on vacation. When is this plexus pusher not on vacation?

25 years of being grifty with Dave YAY!

Vermont wasn't a vacation. They went to a revival there. They just spent half a day looking for the B&B they stayed at on their honeymoon.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2022 at 10:43 PM, oliviabenson said:

E84A61F6-5FDB-442D-808E-254CF20C8756.jpeg

His expression is odd. Like “please help, rescue me”? Or maybe “holy fuck, it’s 3am and this is the 12,000th photo she’s made me pose for”?

• LOL 8
11 hours ago, Zella said:

Gross. Still no barf emoji?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Did Dave set up for some map watching?  

191D4B92-BCE5-4F28-AFB9-B6A0E228B353.jpeg

I see that as David needing to sleep in an upright position.  If you told me he was suffering from some undiagnosed GERD or sleep apnea, I would believe you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I see that as David needing to sleep in an upright position.  If you told me he was suffering from some undiagnosed GERD/ or sleep apnea, I would believe you.  

If he has to sleep like that, he needs to get a checkup. Untreated GERD and sleep apnea can lead to serious problems like cancer of the esophagus and heart attacks or strokes. 

Even though Jill has servants, David could end up ill and housebound. That would be the end of the many vacations every year she has come to expect.  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I see that as David needing to sleep in an upright position.  If you told me he was suffering from some undiagnosed GERD or sleep apnea, I would believe you.  

I would bet my bank account that he has sleep apnea and most likely GERD too, because we know from an old video that he eats a plateful of food for a bedtime snack.  I take meds for GERD, and I still can’t eat anything 4 hours prior to bedtime or I suffer.  If DBD has a massive heart attack or stroke today, I won’t be at all surprised.  You can tell by looking that the man is not in good health.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Zella said:

She has that problem with everything she describes. She comes off as the greedy selfish bitch who doesn't feed or care about her kids which in all her posts. But can't figure out why not everyone in the world doesn't see what an amazing person she thinks she is and thinks she's coming off in her posts.

19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What will they do? Hand out tracts and pray for them?

Next time Jill is grifting I hope they just get prayers.

Prayers and told no to money.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

They will try to be a comfort AKA god bother them to death. 😡

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
14 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Anna's older sister Esther has given birth to her thirteenth child (and ninth son), Daniel.

es.jpg

It's a contest who has it worst: Esther far from home with her crazy husband, Anna and her jailed headship, and Jill and David Rod with their underfed waifs and endless stink bus begging tours.  

The Kellers are an interesting group. Some appear to have dodged the fundie bullet, but others, ouch! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

It's a contest who has it worst: Esther far from home with her crazy husband, Anna and her jailed headship, and Jill and David Rod with their underfed waifs and endless stink bus begging tours. 

This could totally be a preview of a "Survivor" type show. I would totally watch because, train wreck!🤣