Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
30 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It's about mass shootings and gun restrictions.

Thank you.  I didn’t have a clue.

Edited by farmgal4
Changed wording
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I forget the word she used, but she complained about her labor pains as well. Hey Jill, you're not the only woman whose labor was painful. 🙄.

I think “intense” was the word she used, but we all know that everything that happens to Jill is a thousand times worse than anyone else’s experience. #dramaqueen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I haven't heard about them in years!  I think they publicly proclaim what Jill probably thinks to herself.

Our  restaurant FB page made a point to say "don't feed these people!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She even used a boomerang effect. Straw in mouth, straw out, over and over.

Oh Lord have mercy. Thank goodness they weren't eating pickles.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 13
(edited)
38 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

They showed up at a funeral for an Iraq war casualty who was our coworker, years ago.  Another veteran coworker who's a biker put the word out and they were chased off by a bunch of bikers.  Good riddance.

Yes, I recall there was a biker honor guard turning up wherever the Westboro crowd came to a military funeral.  I think that might have caused them not to be in the news so often.

ETA  Also I think many of them have left the cult as well.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

So, Carlin and Evan headed home from his parent’s. They stopped at the new house to look around. Carlin was filming, while carrying Layla. Evan was in front of her carrying Zade. Switch to going upstairs, Evan was holding Layla’s hand, going up the stairs in front of Carlin, and presumably, Carlin was carrying Zade. 

I just don’t get it with these two.

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So, Carlin and Evan headed home from his parent’s. They stopped at the new house to look around. Carlin was filming, while carrying Layla. Evan was in front of her carrying Zade. Switch to going upstairs, Evan was holding Layla’s hand, going up the stairs in front of Carlin, and presumably, Carlin was carrying Zade. 

I just don’t get it with these two.

If these attacks are real, they’re even stupider than I thought. I had a coworker whose newborn grandchild was being carried down the steps when the person carrying him tripped and fell. That poor child had massive brain damage (shaken baby), was completely disabled and died several years later 😔.  Carlin shouldn’t be walking around carrying either child right now. Idiots!

• Like 2
  • Sad 21
  • Applause 1

If Jill views her teenage daughters as her best friends, that really says it all. Jill, honey, you are a woman in your mid 40s, despite the fact that you pretend you're still living in the 80s. You are not their friend. You are not even their Mother, ffs. Find people your own age who will give you shite when you deserve it.

Carlin and Evan are complete dunderheads. Over on Reddit, the sympathy continues to be enormous. I'm out of fucks go give.

• Like 7
  • Love 14

I have a feeling Carlin hasn't fainted in a while. She was tripping over her words in an IG story. But two things happen if she admits she is no longer fainting, one is they lose follower sympathy and two is Evan goes back to work.

If they don't wiggle their way out of this with something close to the truth, they're going to be shocked at how quickly the tides can turn. The problem with making money by popularity is, the 10s of 1000s of followers you have one day can be gone the next. Influencer beware.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Kbo said:

If these attacks are real, they’re even stupider than I thought. I had a coworker whose newborn grandchild was being carried down the steps when the person carrying him tripped and fell. That poor child had massive brain damage (shaken baby), was completely disabled and died several years later 😔.  Carlin shouldn’t be walking around carrying either child right now. Idiots!

Ugh, that is awful. I work at a library. I was not witness to this but there was a woman in with her infant and son who was maybe 6 or 7. She had him watch the infant while she looked at DVDs. WE often have parents who figure we are a library everything is safe. The child ended up dropping the infant down our cement stairs. Security called the EMTs, the mother was pissed that they did and said the baby didn't need it. I don't remember what the out come was but  now I wonder. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 18
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

If Jill views her teenage daughters as her best friends, that really says it all. Jill, honey, you are a woman in your mid 40s, despite the fact that you pretend you're still living in the 80s. You are not their friend. You are not even their Mother, ffs. Find people your own age who will give you shite when you deserve it.

Carlin and Evan are complete dunderheads. Over on Reddit, the sympathy continues to be enormous. I'm out of fucks go give.

I really hope Carlin hasn’t had more episodes since she is on medication. 

• Like 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kbo said:

I used to babysit for the kids of a woman who tripped and fell while inspecting the home they were building.  She was an able bodied, healthy woman (a dance instructor, no less), but she tripped on a loose nail on a staircase with no railing installed yet and fell down the steps with her 8 month old in her arms.  The little girl suffered a broken leg/hip and was in a huge cast for months, although it could've been much worse.  Her mother couldn't talk about it without sobbing, she felt so bad about it.

Carlin and Evan are idiots.

Carlin said last week she had to stop taking her medication in advance of getting the 3 day EEG done,  Anti-seizure meds would mess up the results.  So, chances are, she is NOT on meds presently, but it isn't stopping her from carrying her kids around and probably driving to 'work' too.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

I used to babysit for the kids of a woman who tripped and fell while inspecting the home they were building.  She was an able bodied, healthy woman (a dance instructor, no less), but she tripped on a loose nail on a staircase with no railing installed yet and fell down the steps with her 8 month old in her arms.  The little girl suffered a broken leg/hip and was in a huge cast for months, although it could've been much worse.  Her mother couldn't talk about it without sobbing, she felt so bad about it.

Carlin and Evan are idiots.

Carlin said last week she had to stop taking her medication in advance of getting the 3 day EEG done,  Anti-seizure meds would mess up the results.  So, chances are, she is NOT on meds presently, but it isn't stopping her from carrying her kids around and probably driving to 'work' too.  

How scary for that woman. I can't even begin to imagine. I agree, they are idiots. 

• Like 6

I believe Jill must truly be a master at brainwashing like no other before her.  The older kids don't exhibit a shred of evidence that they may breakout.  I know their stories have not been told yet and I sincerely hope I'm wrong.  Maybe somewhere down the line, one of them will escape.

The Turpin children were locked up at home, barely ever let out, never talked to a stranger, and still, the oldest girls knew something was WRONG.  If anyone watched the 20/20 episode about them, I can't shake it and I can't stop thinking about them when I read about Jill's crew.  

How has she so effectively brainwashed her children?  These poor kids make the Duggers and other fundies appear almost normal.  She's used the same tactics (isolation, fear, ignorance, hell and damnation, superiority) as other families we've seen, and yet she's done it with an entirely different level of horrifying success. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

I believe Jill must truly be a master at brainwashing like no other before her.  The older kids don't exhibit a shred of evidence that they may breakout.  I know their stories have not been told yet and I sincerely hope I'm wrong.  Maybe somewhere down the line, one of them will escape.

The Turpin children were locked up at home, barely ever let out, never talked to a stranger, and still, the oldest girls knew something was WRONG.  If anyone watched the 20/20 episode about them, I can't shake it and I can't stop thinking about them when I read about Jill's crew.  

How has she so effectively brainwashed her children?  These poor kids make the Duggers and other fundies appear almost normal.  She's used the same tactics (isolation, fear, ignorance, hell and damnation, superiority) as other families we've seen, and yet she's done it with an entirely different level of horrifying success. 

They do keep late hours, I highly doubt they get good night's sleep. I don't think they eat enough or what they eat is empty junk. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

JillR's success has a lot to do with attending all these churches. The churches believe as they do so it normalizes Jill's beliefs. The kids see many other kids living as they do.

The poor Turpin kids had little peeks of real life, then were confined to their home/bedrooms/beds for extended periods of time and had intermittent secret access to the internet. I see a big difference there.

IMO, many of the Duggar kids, if not all, are still very brainwashed. Its the Bates family that has me curious because many of them seem to be mainstream Baptists now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 6/5/2022 at 4:58 PM, Westiepeach said:

Awww, Jilly. News flash. Your daughters are your daughters. Full stop. They are NOT your “very best girlfriends.” That’s is pathetic because apparently you have no girlfriends. Just stop it.

15 hours ago, MunichNark said:

It’s odd. These people go on and on about traditional roles and disciplining their children and the parents are all authoritarian, no taking back, no arguing, instant obedience…. But Jillybean is their best friend, too? Sure, Jan. Only because these girls are terrified of what you will do to them if they don’t pretend they want you velcroed to them 24/7 as their “best friend.”

• Like 5
  • Sad 14
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Upvote just for "dunderheads." 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, MunichNark said:

It's also sad that her own teenage daughters have no "best girlfriends" of their own. Breaks my heart that she has to have so much freakin' control over her family that no one... no one... can be better than she is.

BTW ~ anybody heard from TimBits lately?

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
3 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I think part of the reason she is so successful is she is a 2nd generation brainwashed homeschool mom. She is probably more extreme than her parents were, but not so much that they disapprove of how she is raising horribly abusing her children. The Turpin parents cut ties with their families, so all anyone saw was happy kids at Disneyland and the oldest girls got glimpses of normality during those times. All the poor Rodlets experience is adults praising their parents for being so good and holy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, SMama said:

She said w/meds, they are weaker and she can feel them coming on, which I would guess, is helpful. She has to get off the meds for the test so I’m guessing the strong ones could come back. 

26 minutes ago, Heathen said:

And of course she has a fresh manicure (it looks acrylic to me but who knows). 

Evan took her the other day for nails  to cheer her up. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Tdoc72 said:

She said w/meds, they are weaker and she can feel them coming on, which I would guess, is helpful. She has to get off the meds for the test so I’m guessing the strong ones could come back. 

Evan took her the other day for nails  to cheer her up. 

Gee, I guess they must not be so worried about money after all. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

It really makes me wonder how SHE got so messed up. I wonder if she was subjected to a similar sort of upbringing  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, awaken said:

It really makes me wonder how SHE got so messed up. I wonder if she was subjected to a similar sort of upbringing  

Her parents pulled her out of public school in the 2nd grade, IIRC. At least her father worked, unlike Deadbeat Dave. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Totally said:

There is drive thru plexus now? 

What is that Carlin is drinking?

It's a Starbuck's Pink Drink.  It's a smoothie made with coconut milk, strawberries, and passionfruit.  Very tasty, costs around 5 bucks.  So, in addition to a manicure, which runs around $30; Carlin has spent money on a beverage she could make at home for a fraction of the cost.

If Carlin is so worried about cash flow, you'd think she'd be cutting back on these frills.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5