Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Suddenly, there are a lot of new emoticons. What connotations do they have? 

If you hover over them it indicates what they mean.  I'm not impressed.  We've lost our sad one, and haven't gained the barf one we've wanted for years.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

If you hover over them it indicates what they mean.  I'm not impressed.  We've lost our useful and sad ones, and haven't gained the barf one we've wanted for years.

The useful one is still there all the way on the left.  I actually prefer the Hugs over Sad.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The useful one is still there all the way on the left.  I actually prefer the Hugs over Sad.  

Yes, I corrected my message during the time you posted.  Hugs is a nice addition for people on the forum but sad applies so often to the Rodlets and other fundies.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

If you hover over them it indicates what they mean.  I'm not impressed.  We've lost our sad one, and haven't gained the barf one we've wanted for years.

I’ve been hoping for the eye roll 🙄 emoji.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think that's pretty different scenario wise. These people always half-ass birthdays without extenuating circumstances and they never seem to actually care what the person wants or make any real effort. 

My grandpa's birthday is next week. He always wants and gets pie instead of cake. 

I love cake but have never wanted or received a traditional birthday cake for my birthday. And I'm one of those asshole Leos who really likes my birthday. 😂

I once asked my library coworkers for doughnuts for my birthday, and they brought me so many that I can't really choke down a doughnut again. LOL I've also requested cheesecake and pineapple upside down cake over the years from them and my family. Last year my library coworkers got me a sopapilla cheesecake and I hope they get me the same thing this year. 

In any event, I've never had anyone tell me that was weird, and I'd never snark on someone for an unconventional birthday cake request or even just trying to make do in the wake of a funeral. But when your family is just giving you half a cake because they don't give a fuck or you won't get your kid a cake because you don't like cake and not because the birthday celebrant doesn't want cake? That is pretty deserving of snark and critique, IMO. 

I prefer pie for my birthday. My son doesn't care and my husband insists on a Black Forest cake. One year I drove around everywhere to find one. The only place that always has them is really pricey. This past birthday, I had found a frozen one at Aldi and he liked it. A lot cheaper too. 

I work at a library and we don't celebrate with cake or anything for a birthday unless the birthday person brings it in. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I work at a library and we don't celebrate with cake or anything for a birthday unless the birthday person brings it in. 

My coworkers are a combo of stealthy ninjas and event planners who give the D-Day organizers a run for their money when it comes to planning. We only have 8 birthdays to deal with, so they have a lot of fun with the plotting and planning. 😂😂😂😂😂 I stay out of their way. 

They could probably give our fundies some good tips for how to throw a good birthday party without being extravagant. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I see the names of the emojis, I'm just not sure when to use some of them. Is Mind Blown a surprise, a big surprise? What's the difference between Thumbs Up and Applause since Thumbs Up doesn't advance the position of the post. Is Fire angry? Does Wink mean I agree?

Well, a big round of applause and a thumbs up to those who want a Barf and an Eye Roll, which are essential in this forum.

Hysterical!  (is there an emoji for that?? or peeing my pants?)

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Boston said:

Hysterical!  (is there an emoji for that?? or peeing my pants?)

I'm not sure if I am even using them right but when in doubt, I will chose the rainbow! 

• Wink 1
  • Fire 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2022 at 9:47 AM, merylinkid said:

I mean I like visiting dead people (what we call cemetaries in our house) because of the history you can see.   

Oh dear @merylinkid, I see that you also share the same delights in visiting cemeteries as I do with my youngest brother.  In fact, our parents are buried in an extremely large VA cemetery about 50 miles east of where we grew up.  We refer to it as our folks “condo out east”. When we go to visit them, we always say hi to their neighbors Howard and Floyd. It’s the neighborly thing to do.  I also bring paper towels, some bronze cleaner and scissors to clean and trim the area around their plaques. 
Toward the late afternoon in this cemetery, you can see young deer roaming the area.  It’s quite lovely.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Or the eye rolling one.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did her 🌈 screed get posted here? Fundies sure get their panties in a wad on June 1. 🙄

I noticed yesterday that Netflix and Hulu, among others, all have their LGBT movies highlighted and I laughed knowing how triggered some of the bigoted fundies will be seeing that. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did her 🌈 screed get posted here? Fundies sure get their panties in a wad on June 1. 🙄

It hasn’t been. For that one, I will not participate in posting it. It’s a bunch of 💩.

• Thanks 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That would get an infraction since it’s not allowed to post political posts 

• Love 2

B8B0B8ED-11AD-4463-A7BD-CF0E6AF566D4.jpeg

I sure do LOVE this man.  He is a loving husband and father and he never gives up and he leads our home WELL spiritually.  Many people of this world, who do not walk in God's ways may scoff at my husband's stand and his belief in God's Word and God's Ways, but that doesn't bother my husband.  Because you see, David lived in the world until he was an adult.  He knows that to live in sin and in absence from God, is a miserable life.  It brings NO satisfaction, peace or joy!  😢  When he found Christ, he possessed newness of life, joy and a peace that passeth ALL understanding!  David, I love you to the moon- and back again!  ❤️ Jill

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I sure do LOVE this man.  He is a loving husband and father and he never gives up and he leads our home WELL spiritually.  Many people of this world, who do not walk in God's ways may scoff at my husband's stand and his belief in God's Word and God's Ways, but that doesn't bother my husband.  Because you see, David lived in the world until he was an adult.  He knows that to live in sin and in absence from God, is a miserable life.  It brings NO satisfaction, peace or joy!  😢  When he found Christ, he possessed newness of life, joy and a peace that passeth ALL understanding!  David, I love you to the moon- and back again!  ❤️ Jill

Interesting.... wasn't there a post on how David never seems to hug his kids? ANd now this? 

AS for Kaylee, nothing wrong with faith but what a boring life. God and babies..... as for the man of her dreams.... sure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 5

Poor Nathan, paid for all the dinners, became a preacher, impregnated his wife twice in 18 months, but he doesn't quiiiiiite measure up to Shrek and the Basement Dwelling Poster Child for Stockholm Syndrome. 

On the bright side, that may be one of the only pictures I've seen of St Shrek the Hunk actually being fatherly towards his waifs, shocking similarity to the Ignorance and Want photo posted upthread notwithstanding.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When he found Christ, he possessed newness of life, joy and a peace that passeth ALL understanding!

He sits in a chair feeding his face.   I believe that is called eating your feelings.

As for Not Nurie's beau, maybe that's the secret of why he left home.   Maybe his dad wouldn't let him preach too much in HIS church for fear of his son taking over.   So the only way he could pursue his calling was to fall in to Jill's clutches.   Who will stick him up in front of anyone willing to give her a free meal.

• Sad 6
  • Love 4

If only mental health professionals had the resources to stand around and shove pamphlets in people’s faces like god botherers do, maybe people like David would have gotten the help he obviously needed when he was a younger man. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
(edited)

Nurthan have certainly fallen out of favor, even after financing too many meals, buying their Christmas tree, multiple outings, and two rapid fire blessings.

When Jill was begging for an AFFORDABLE vacation home I was hoping the Rods had not left Nurthan in a difficult situation with the owners of the beach house. I’m now hoping Jill is not upset at them for not forcing an invitation. For someone who doesn’t bother to feed, let alone properly dress her kids, Jill seems to expect everyone around them to shell out hundreds of dollars on her family. Jonathan is so screwed, maybe in a state of hunger he’ll have an epiphany and go back home. Jill better not restart the maybe Not Nurie and I will be pregnant at the same time BS. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 3
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Sounds plausible. Especially considering they combined Gabriel’s birthday, Phillip’s “graduation,” whatever the hell Sammers was celebrating, and the virgin boy pledge dinner all into one event. Then made it seem like Gabriel brought his two favorite brothers along for his birthday outing. 

And none for you Tim! 

• Sad 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

C7636F01-A4AE-411C-B1C1-71E244804FA4.jpeg

It seems Jonathan has been reduced to an inanimate object in Jill's eyes, a 'that' rather than a 'who'.

It's almost too easy to criticize Jill's appalling lack of basic English grammar.  And, yet, she still brags about her homeschooling as she passes along to her children her third grade level language skills.

Nurthan have certainly fallen out of favor, even after financing too many meals, buying their Christmas tree, multiple outings, and two rapid fire blessings.

If Nathan's sister declined the 'opportunity' to allow the Rodrigues clan to invade her lovely home and trash it; I am sure Jill blames Nathan.  It couldn't possibly be anything she or her clan have said or done that resulted in that outcome.  And, if his sister simply planned to use the place herself or rent it out to others who were actually paying to use it; it would have been up to Nathan to convince her to change her plans.  If he didn't do it, then he is nobody to Jill.  I have no doubt she is a vindictive little witch.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Love 7

Jill engages in classic black and white, either-or thinking: All Christians are (or should be) just like her, and all non-Christians miserable, promiscuous losers.  

In fact, Jill and David are not the best examples of Christians for reasons that have been discussed in depth here. Also, people who are not in evangelical cults lead satisfying, productive lives. Many even believe in God. 

For people as happy and fulfilled as Davy and Jilly claim to be, they sure protest a lot. It's a sign of deep insecurity. 

On a different point, it's interesting that Jill lists Jonkay's number one godly quality as they are going to live close to her. Good luck with that, Jonathan. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Interesting.... wasn't there a post on how David never seems to hug his kids? ANd now this? 

AS for Kaylee, nothing wrong with faith but what a boring life. God and babies..... as for the man of her dreams.... sure. 

This is actually one of the better pictures of GWE.  He appears clean and is wearing clothing that fits.  You can't change facial features.  He actually looks happy to be hugging his daughter.  It is nice to (at last) see a picture of him engaged with one of his children.

• Like 8
  • Love 7

Leads our home well spiritually, lolz notice jillcatraz didn’t write

leads our home well financially 

hunk is a failure as a headship since he doesn’t provide for his family financially 

spiritually doesn’t pay bills a job does that

grifting/begging is shameful for the 2 able bodied Rodrigues parents

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I had a strange dream last night that involved the Rodriguii (obviously I spend too much time here and they have invaded my subconscious like Shrek at a church potluck). Anywho, my dream involved being on some sort of missions like trip with a bunch of the older Rod kids without their parents. Like they had been trusted to keep each other in check for a few days, which was a big deal. And in this dream, the boys were incredibly aggressive and violent without their parents there. Like they were releasing years of pent up anger and frustration. It was very sad because in real life, I am sure those teenage and young adult boys have a lot of built up emotions that they will never truly be able to deal with. And the Rod girls too for that matter.

• Sad 11
  • Love 3
On 5/29/2022 at 8:05 AM, BradandJanet said:

David and Jill take three teenage boys to a restaurant, read the Bible out loud to them, have them swear a purity pledge, and give them a gift. Nothing a guy wants more than a public performance about his virginity, but this is the Rod family. 

The girls get a ring or bracelet, I think. What do the boys get? A framed photo of BME and GWE in a lip lock to hang on the wall over their bed?

The thought of those two bumping uglies is enough to make my cooter seal itself up. I could see how that would emphasize “purity” amongst their teenage sons.

• LOL 21
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Imagine telling everyone that doesn’t live life the way she does that they have no satisfaction, peace, or joy. I guess she has to keep telling herself this.

2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Jill, the word you are looking for is “who,” not “that.” But congratulations on the correct use of apostrophes.

I couldn’t see past that either.

• Sad 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

The thought of those two bumping uglies is enough to make my cooter seal itself up. I could see how that would emphasize “purity” amongst their teenage sons.

The sons aren’t lookers either. They are better looking than dad but that’s it.

• Love 3

If Nurthan is on Jill’s poo list they might actually save some $. Maybe Mimi won’t come to visit them in FL anymore…

psych made myself laugh. Yeah right Jill stay away from Nurthan and all the $ she is gonna grift ! Haha snorts haha

and guess no offers for them to stay somewhere for free for a vacation. A vacation from what exactly is still a mystery. These yahoos have no shame at all. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DeeReynolds said:

I had a strange dream last night that involved the Rodriguii (obviously I spend too much time here and they have invaded my subconscious like Shrek at a church potluck). Anywho, my dream involved being on some sort of missions like trip with a bunch of the older Rod kids without their parents. Like they had been trusted to keep each other in check for a few days, which was a big deal. And in this dream, the boys were incredibly aggressive and violent without their parents there. Like they were releasing years of pent up anger and frustration. It was very sad because in real life, I am sure those teenage and young adult boys have a lot of built up emotions that they will never truly be able to deal with. And the Rod girls too for that matter.

When the rods went swimming in a ditch Tim was very mean to the Dingus girl. I totally agree with you. I bet behind the fake smiles/giggles her sons are MEAN as snakes. Especially since going through puberty. They must understand that they will not be get married anytime soon. No SEX or masturbating allowed! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Wink 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

When the rods went swimming in a ditch Tim was very mean to the Dingus girl. I totally agree with you. I bet behind the fake smiles/giggles her sons are MEAN as snakes. Especially since going through puberty. They must understand that they will not be get married anytime soon. No SEX or masturbating allowed! 

If they could at least masturbate that would be a release of some tension! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2