Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Nurie is in the beach pics. 

I’m hoping the pictures and video are from last week. If the birds go Hitchcock on them Jill will turn it into a tale of persecution. 🙄

• LOL 10
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Nurie looked annoyed at the beach. The breeze was pretty good, and Nehemiah was all bundled up in a blanket.

I’d be annoyed too if I managed to escape the circus to have the worst characters following me around. Nemo belonged at home, comfortable. Both Nurie and Kaylee were acting as though they were cradling to sooth him. Poor kid.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

How none of them drowned is a miracle. Seriously dumb idea to swim in street clothes.

BDC295C7-5A66-4903-9799-25CE27D6664C.jpeg

That’s the thing, according to the bald face liar known as BME those are their “modest swim clothes.” Nevermind the fact that the vile idiot frequently posts pictures of all of them swimming in whatever outfit they wore that day. Ugh, filthy. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Always a blessing for what they can do for her. Never a blessing for the unique human beings they are (because she beat that out of them).

so very interesting the First Baptist Church of South Beaches has a long video of Jilly on their FB page. Very informative. Video posted March 9. Jill gives a run down of the fam. Nathan, Nurie and baby were not with them at that point. Nathan is a Pastor, but at "just a small country church". Tim is waiting on the "burden of mission aviation" trying to get his finances in order, "waiting to find a wife...".  Kaylee is engaged and Jonathan has been praying about God leading him out of mississippi. "he will be moving to Ohio in about a week". So this week I guess. I believe she stated they will be married in november. Phillip has been "burdened to be a missionary to Hungary" so will begin bible college. "He will probably be dropping out of our group" this summer. So they will be "losing 2 of their musicians"

lots of info and Jilly was speaking in a normal voice. after about 5min in they started the screeching and music so I bailed

https://www.facebook.com/firstbaptistsouthbeaches/videos/806847900695256

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 15
21 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so very interesting the First Baptist Church of South Beaches has a long video of Jilly on their FB page. Very informative. Video posted March 9. Jill gives a run down of the fam. Nathan, Nurie and baby were not with them at that point. Nathan is a Pastor, but at "just a small country church". Tim is waiting on the "burden of mission aviation" trying to get his finances in order, "waiting to find a wife...".  Kaylee is engaged and Jonathan has been praying about God leading him out of mississippi. "he will be moving to Ohio in about a week". So this week I guess. I believe she stated they will be married in november. Phillip has been "burdened to be a missionary to Hungary" so will begin bible college. "He will probably be dropping out of our group" this summer. So they will be "losing 2 of their musicians"

lots of info and Jilly was speaking in a normal voice. after about 5min in they started the screeching and music so I bailed

JillR is just so fascinated with the fact that Jonathan is one of 13, just like Kaylee. BUT it’s 9 boys and 4 girls, where they are 4 boys and 9 girls! Whoopee, I guess. Also, the little girls are just “over there” and Jill has to point out one is sucking her thumb. Those poor girls are dragged all over the place and must be so bored. Possibly they do get a meal, so that’s a plus.

• Love 11
Just now, ozziemom said:

JillR is just so fascinated with the fact that Jonathan is one of 13, just like Kaylee. BUT it’s 9 boys and 4 girls, where they are 4 boys and 9 girls! Whoopee, I guess. Also, the little girls are just “over there” and Jill has to point out one is sucking her thumb. Those poor girls are dragged all over the place and must be so bored. Possibly they do get a meal, so that’s a plus.

also interesting - I don't think she mentions her man at all. she introduces the 4 little girls sitting in the audience, Sadie, "who is 6 and sucking her thumb" but I don't think a word about him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
Just now, crazy8s said:

also interesting - I don't think she mentions her man at all. she introduces the 4 little girls sitting in the audience, Sadie, "who is 6 and sucking her thumb" but I don't think a word about him.

Well GWE is so special he needs no introduction!

• LOL 11

I'm beginning to think that when these people hear the voice of God, it's a high-pitched, baby-talking, female voice they should ignore. Poor Jonathan. Maybe he's going to work at Tim's mowing company for the summer, and then do--something. 

However, I'm happy to hear that Phillip may go to a school not in the barndo. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm beginning to think that when these people hear the voice of God, it's a high-pitched, baby-talking, female voice they should ignore. Poor Jonathan. Maybe he's going to work at Tim's mowing company for the summer, and then do--something. 

However, I'm happy to hear that Phillip may go to a school not in the barndo. 

I sincerely hope that Jonathan is not leaving an actual job in Mississippi to become GWE's unpaid printing assistant or the only working member of Timothy Rodrigues's lawn care fiasco.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Why is everything a burden to them? Rhetorical question, I know that it’s just one more way that they suffer for being good Christians, and therefore are better than the rest of us. Jill’s going to throw such a hissy fit when she sees all the sinners that got into heaven.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Why is everything a burden to them? Rhetorical question, I know that it’s just one more way that they suffer for being good Christians, and therefore are better than the rest of us. Jill’s going to throw such a hissy fit when she sees all the sinners that got into heaven.

She'll be a heavenly Karen!

• LOL 22
17 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I sincerely hope that Jonathan is not leaving an actual job in Mississippi to become GWE's unpaid printing assistant or the only working member of Timothy Rodrigues's lawn care fiasco.

Tim's godly lawn mowing business has not produced enough income both to support the entire Rod family and to allow Tim to get his finances together and pay for the burden of missionary flying. I hope Jill has a better plan for Jonathan, but directing other people's lives is not her strong suit.

At least Nurie married a man who had a job and a salary. It's hard to say what Nurthan's financial situation is now, but at least it's harder for Jill to grift when they are far away.  

• Love 9

Poor Phil probably wanted to save the 'starving' folks in Hungary when he was 5 and now has to do it as an adult.

Many kids entering college aren't sure what they want to do for a career yet, and most have given up their kindergarten dreams.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
33 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

At least Nurie married a man who had a job and a salary. It's hard to say what Nurthan's financial situation is now, but at least it's harder for Jill to grift when they are far away.  

I think Jill has managed to grift plenty from Nathan. She’s had plenty of meals, entertainment, vacation house for a week, heck, she even saddled Nathan with buying the Rods Christmas tree. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Phil probably wanted to save the 'starving' folks in Hungary when he was 5 and now has to do it as an adult.

Many kids entering college aren't sure what they want to do for a career yet, and most have given up their kindergarten dreams.

at least Phillip got a little more said about him than Renee. after the gush over Kaylee, we got "our next one is Renee she's 19, then there's phillip, he's 18...... " and his plans. Of course he is a male. unless Renee had a courtship going, what would Jill have to say about her.

also funny they rushed to get there and Jill thinks from a morning service in Port Charlotte and David corrects her they came from Port St Lucie hahaha - almost the same

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 8
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

also funny the rushed to get there and Jill thinks from a morning service in Port Charlotte and David corrects her they came from Port St Lucie hahaha - almost the same

Right, Port Charlotte is close to the Gulf coast and Port St. Lucie is on the Atlantic side.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

Right, Port Charlotte is close to the Gulf coast and Port St. Lucie is on the Atlantic side.

Yeah but at Joyful Noyce homeschool JillR probably learned all ports would be near each other! 

• LOL 15

She’s ridiculous with sharing Nathan and Nurie’s business.

So glad the shutters were just what JILL wanted. 🤦‍♀️

2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Check out the letter board hanging in Nemo’s room. 😫

🤦‍♀️

03BB64DE-84B3-4765-A600-D48DA5530A51.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

“Children are an heritage…” Whaa?

that's KJV

Psalm 127:3

King James Version

3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

that's KJV

Psalm 127:3

King James Version

3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

In the New King James Version it’s, a heritage, same in NIV and ESV, and many others.

What can you do? 🤷🏼‍♀️ My favorite teacher ever in elementary school wouldn’t approve, even if it appeared in a Bible. Shout out to Sister Egan. 🤣

• Love 13

I’m no expert, but I have had siding replaced and it cost a pretty penny. Something about that siding looks…off. They should get a professional to check it out just to be sure. Especially in a place like Florida that’s known for heavy rain and winds. That’s not a job for Timbo’s Jesus Honoring Handyman Services or whatever it’s called.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I’m no expert, but I have had siding replaced and it cost a pretty penny. Something about that siding looks…off. They should get a professional to check it out just to be sure. Especially in a place like Florida that’s known for heavy rain and winds. That’s not a job for Timbo’s Jesus Honoring Handyman Services or whatever it’s called.

To me it looks like they left too much space between fasteners. It looked wavy.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

I know Nathan and Nurie don't have a lot of money, so I won't snark on the Goodwill decor, but structurally that house looks really flimsy. I hope they get out of Dodge when the next hurricane comes.

If I have to say something nice, yay for a bit of color in the baby's room. It's a nice change from the Bates girls' institutional beige aesthetic. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He can barely speak English. Is he planning on learning Hungarian?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That'll be fun in the next hurricane/severe thunderstorm when the wind gets under the wavy parts.  B'bye, siding!

I love Nurie's kitchen curtain, but the rest have a lot to be desired. I do have questions though -

• Do they not like sunlight? Every curtain is a single panel closing off the outdoors.
  • Do trailers have load bearing walls? The wall in the dining area looks ready to crumble/buckle.
  • Why don't they have closet doors? Every closet has a (non-matching) curtain for a door.
  • And lastly, why do they like living in what appears to be different shades of a baby's dirty diaper?
  • LOL 14
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I love Nurie's kitchen curtain, but the rest have a lot to be desired. I do have questions though -

• Do they not like sunlight? Every curtain is a single panel closing off the outdoors.
  • Do trailers have load bearing walls? The wall in the dining area looks ready to crumble/buckle.
  • Why don't they have closet doors? Every closet has a (non-matching) curtain for a door.
  • And lastly, why do they like living in what appears to be different shades of a baby's dirty diaper?

And apparently they do not like pillows for their bed, either. There is also nothing really *personal* in their house... they have the required religious stuff, but nothing that shows any living person lives there. No toys, no books, nothing...

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It does look my grandma’s house circa 1985 (and 2010, to be honest), but I appreciate that they tried to make it nice on what I assume is a very very small budget. Perhaps Nurie will develop her own taste over time; I’m sure that she absorbed a lot of Jill’s because any kind of individuality was obviously a sign of Satan in the kids and was stamped out immediately.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I just got new siding last year and that house' siding looks worse than the 40 year old stuff I replaced.  It is not installed properly, the boards should be flat and fit tightly against each other.  That stuff is going to come flying off with the next tropical storm.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I just got new siding last year and that house' siding looks worse than the 40 year old stuff I replaced.  It is not installed properly, the boards should be flat and fit tightly against each other.  That stuff is going to come flying off with the next tropical storm.

14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That’s what it looks like to me as well, but I know pictures can be deceptive, so I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I’m just a woman after all *snert*. My eyes were drawn to that area below the window that looks like there’s an air pocket inside. It’s warped. If one were to put their palm on it, they would have to push for the siding to lay flat. All it takes is for the wind to get under one piece and the rest will peel off like a set of dominoes.  Especially if you’ve got a wind tunnel between your house and your neighbor’s. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And lastly, why do they like living in what appears to be different shades of a baby's dirty diaper?

Because that was the neutral shade during BME's formative decorating years.

• LOL 6