Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Look at how the malnourished rodlet is clutching that woman’s hand. It’s so sad. I want to feed her all the food she wants forever.

BA2E76E8-A719-4913-8242-06A6739865D4.jpeg

It seems like I never see this child standing up straight.  Scoliosis maybe?  She has an undernourished look, for sure.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

It seems like I never see this child standing up straight.  Scoliosis maybe?  She has an undernourished look, for sure.  

Nothing that prayer can't cure because you know Jill won't take her to a doctor. 

Edited by libgirl2

A friendly reminder to please stay on topic-the majority of your post should focus on the families/individuals appropriate to discuss here. If your post only mentions them briefly, and is about a greater social issue, it may be better suited to Small Talk. 

Jill……

I must say that we feel like the most blessed parents in the world! ❤  Nathan and Nurie sent this picture / poem plaque for Valentine's Day.  

It was exactly one week ago that Nurie called me crying.  They had a drunk driver swerve right into their lane and almost cause a head-on collision.  😬😭  Thank God for the guardian angels watching over the Keller Family and for God's protection!   Nathan was quick to swerve out of the way, causing only the side of their truck to take the brunt of the impact.  All the airbags came out.  Thank God, all 3 of then were unharmed - although it was surely a traumatic and scary thing to go through!  There was a warrant out for the man that crashed into them.  He was taken away in hand cuffs.  😮  I FELL to my knees in Thanksgiving at God's incredible mercy that night!  🙏  God is Good!  🥰

0C39674F-BD0C-4383-BBEA-BC7A8A1FC148.jpeg

Valentine’s Day:

Enjoyed a date with my Valentine.  The silly boomerang video depicts us perfectly.  I am silly, cheerful, spontaneous and fun loving.  My husband is serious, stoic, grave and my ROCK!  We balance each other out so nicely.  I am SO blessed to call David - well, mine.  😉🥰💙  I love ya, Babe.  Xoxoxo  Your Jillybean  😘

73FB4A11-D9AF-4091-B025-AE9919699449.jpeg

• Love 4

1. No mention of Tim’s numerous accidents

2. I see her severely injured knee is fine

3. we drink godly coffee no alcohol for us 

4. they didn’t even take one kid to eat with them 

5. no triple date for kaylee/Jonathan and Renee/Tim and mom/dad

The comment under their date post…

What a blind suck up.

5A0BB093-3497-4973-A973-E6BE5F1E9B05.jpeg

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, that accident looks bad. I'm glad Nurthan and the baby were unharmed.

Someone reported Nathan received a citation for not having the baby in a proper car seat. So they are very lucky baby is OK.

• Love 5

The citation allegedly said “child restraint required.” Any idiot can have a child, Nurthan are going to carry on BME’s and GWE’s neglectful legacy. Secondary infertility would be a blessing. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

No Jill, I do not think you love my heathen, atheist ass at all. I want off this personal mailing list.

Same. Keep your fucking imaginary sky friends to yourself. I guess everyone who gets hurt or killed wasn’t “blessed” or special enough. 🤷‍♀️

40 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Oh, FFS… “Sticketh”?  What a f’ing idiot.  STICKETH it where the sun doesn’t shine, Jillybean.

OMG - that has to be satire, right? Who says that? 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, TheDisneyQueen said:

So I guess we don’t need to remind them to replace the car seat…

Who needs car seats when their super special sky friend loves them the most? I wonder why think they need guns, then. 

ETA - this unicorn won’t go away! I deleted it and it reappeared. 😆

image.png

15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Airbags open with a lot of force, which is why kids should ride in the back seat. They are super lucky the baby wasn't harmed.

She claims the other guy was handcuffed? Sounds like Nathan should have been ticketed for endangering his infant son. Was he?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Who needs car seats when their super special sky friend loves them the most? I wonder why think they need guns, then. 

ETA - this unicorn won’t go away! I deleted it and it reappeared. 😆

image.png

She claims the other guy was handcuffed? Sounds like Nathan should have been ticketed for endangering his infant son. Was he?

Nathan was allegedly cited. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Would they even take Nemo to the hospital to be evaluated? Brain trauma/damage is no joke. He is so tiny!

Nurthan will probably be pregnant this year. BME popped out her kids like a pez dispenser.

Sadly, hyper fertility appears to run on Jill's side of the family. Hopefully, Nurie inherits her fertility from David's family tree.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Airbags open with a lot of force, which is why kids should ride in the back seat. They are super lucky the baby wasn't harmed.

I hope they are aware how lucky they got but they probably praise Jesus and call it good.

Poor Nemo got idiots for parents and Jill as his MeMe. I would start thinking about an escape plan now buddy.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill……

I must say that we feel like the most blessed parents in the world! ❤  Nathan and Nurie sent this picture / poem plaque for Valentine's Day.  

It was exactly one week ago that Nurie called me crying.  They had a drunk driver swerve right into their lane and almost cause a head-on collision.  😬😭  Thank God for the guardian angels watching over the Keller Family and for God's protection!   Nathan was quick to swerve out of the way, causing only the side of their truck to take the brunt of the impact.  All the airbags came out.  Thank God, all 3 of then were unharmed - although it was surely a traumatic and scary thing to go through!  There was a warrant out for the man that crashed into them.  He was taken away in hand cuffs.  😮  I FELL to my knees in Thanksgiving at God's incredible mercy that night!  🙏  God is Good!  🥰

0C39674F-BD0C-4383-BBEA-BC7A8A1FC148.jpeg

Valentine’s Day:

Enjoyed a date with my Valentine.  The silly boomerang video depicts us perfectly.  I am silly, cheerful, spontaneous and fun loving.  My husband is serious, stoic, grave and my ROCK!  We balance each other out so nicely.  I am SO blessed to call David - well, mine.  😉🥰💙  I love ya, Babe.  Xoxoxo  Your Jillybean  😘

Gotta laugh at the juxtaposition of Car Crash pictures with JillyBean making her goofy faces for Valentines Day. She is tone deaf, plus does she really think pictures of her making that face are worth sharing? I guess it doesn’t matter to her as long as she’s front and center. Ugh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here's the one potentially positive thing I will ever say about Shrek: in the upper-right picture, he actually looks like he's smiling.  I don't think I've ever seen a picture of him where he's actually smiling; they mostly look like the pic on the left, which is more of a grimace.  Guess he can smile; he must mostly just not want to.

Edited by Fosca
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

For people who love children so much and are prolife,  they sure don't show it. 

They love their kids, but love their spouse more.  Nemo was not properly restrained because that may require Nurie to sit in the back with him instead of riding shotgun with her hubby.  Or they cannot get the car seat in properly in the backseat of the cab.  That truck does not look like it has a roomy enough backseat to fit a car seat for an infant.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Would they even take Nemo to the hospital to be evaluated? Brain trauma/damage is no joke. He is so tiny!

Nurthan will probably be pregnant this year. BME popped out her kids like a pez dispenser.

Just because Nemo seemed fine on the surface doesn't mean they are all free and clear. He will really need to be monitored and if he lags developmentally, or exhibits any other unusual behaviors, he may need evaluation.

I evaluated a boy last summer who was 7 years old at the time I saw him (neuropsych evaluation). When he was 10 weeks old, he was in a car accident and experienced significant traumatic brain injury, leading to severe intellectual and developmental delays for his age. Part of the reason why I was evaluating him was to get an estimate of his current functioning, but this will also ultimately be discussed in court in a lawsuit against the makers of the car seat he was in when the accident occurred. The prosecuting lawyer representing the parents actually sent me the deposition of previous trials with this family where a neurosurgeon testified how a car accident can impact the brain of an infant. Infants have very weak neck muscles relative to adults or even older children, so their head is more likely going to flop around, with the brain hitting against the skull, when there is sudden impact - even if there is no external bleeding.

Unfortunately, Nurthan will not think about that, and I'm even more concerned that Nemo wasn't properly restrained in the car when the accident occurred. My patient was restrained and still experienced issues. I do hope that they will follow up with a doctor, but as long as there are no external signs such as bruises or bleeding, it's very unlikely they will. 

• Love 2

The sad part is that Nathan bought a sedan for Nurie shortly after they married. Jill made sure to brag about it online. Someone who owns the same make and model truck said the jump seats in the back will not accommodate a carseat. It was preventable but there’s no way to fix stupid. At least they didn’t have Nemo in a cage. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

The sad part is that Nathan bought a sedan for Nurie shortly after they married. Jill made sure to brag about it online. Someone who owns the same make and model truck said the jump seats in the back will not accommodate a carseat. It was preventable but there’s no way to fix stupid. At least they didn’t have Nemo in a cage. 

As far as we know...

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

These people. I really hope they took the baby to an ER. All 3 should have gone, IMO.

Note, if in a car accident with a child and you yourself need to remove the child from the car, prior to help arriving, remove the child IN the car seat, if able.  Don’t take the child out of the car seat.

• Useful 5
  • Love 12

Police and EMTs in my area are trained to transport folks to the hospital if there is any 'internal' damage to the vehicle, meaning if any part of the car is pushed into the interior there is a significant chance occupants will have injuries. I suppose one could refuse, but I think they were likely at least advised to get checked out.

Came back to add - even if there isn't any visible injuries.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

but I think they were likely at least advised to get checked out.

I’m sure they were. As with most of Jill’s story telling, she left that part out, along with the fact the child wasn’t in a proper freaking car seat.

• Love 16

I wonder if Nemo wasn’t in his carseat, or or the seat was just haphazardly placed in the front seat or on the jump seats in the back.  We know he has a proper carseat since there were pics of it right after he was born.  I noticed because I bought the same infant seat for my great nephew.  Chances are he was wedged into one of those jump seats or they rigged a seatbelt in the front. Dumb asses.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11