Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I so wish that were actually true! Keep away from us and out of our business, and don’t you dare try to force your beliefs on us.

Really! They jump right into our world when they try to fuck it up at every corner.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I so wish that were actually true! Keep away from us and out of our business, and don’t you dare try to force your beliefs on us.

And keep COVID to themselves and stop spreading it around to everyone else 😡

At least Jilldo does not hide her beliefs !

• Love 8

Okay, I don't follow these folks, what does "GWE" stand for?   I figured out BME.   

Of course they are on food stamps and medicare and any other government assistance they can get.   It's only WRONG to take government assistance if you are not Godly like they are.    The people who don't believe in the Right Jesus are just lazy and looking for a hand out.

The kids might not be getting free meals from the schools, but if its like our area, a lot of the churches have stepped up with drive through food banks.  I am betting they hit up as many as they can.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

The only reason I think the Rods might not use entitlements is because a lot of Fundies like to stay off the radar. To receive Medicaid and SNAP you have to reveal everything, and to keep receiving them you have to update everything every year. If they do utilize entitlements, I wonder if the get Section 8 as well. Homeowner can and do receive Section 8.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

If Jill considers she and her family "separated" from the world, does that mean we ungodly heathens don't have to buy her gut poison? Or do you think that wouldn't matter as long as it benefited her?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The only reason I think the Rods might not use entitlements is because a lot of Fundies like to stay off the radar. To receive Medicaid and SNAP you have to reveal everything, and to keep receiving them you have to update everything every year. If they do utilize entitlements, I wonder if the get Section 8 as well. Homeowner can and do receive Section 8.

^^That's what I think about whether the Rods use government programs, and why I doubt they do. The recent child tax credit payments from the IRS didn't require that level of disclosures, AFAIK. It was based on income tax filings and number of dependent minor children. Unless the Rods don't have social security numbers and don't file income tax returns, getting that money wouldn't have required them to disclose the kind of personal/financial details that would be required for food stamps, Medicaid, etc.

For one thing, I can't imagine crazy Jill dealing at all well with the bureaucracy for food stamps, Medicaid, and other programs. She carried on publicly - and loudly - when she couldn't manipulate the Moody financial system. Can you imagine the epic series of "We are being PERSECUTED for being such good Christians!!!!" social media posts that she'd create if she had to deal with those federal programs? 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Whose hand is on the right shoulder of the patriotic shirt wearing guy?

BE652A9E-6527-4861-A5AF-FFD9B19188FA.jpeg

Edited by BetyBee
ETA: I see now. It's the glasses wearing Rodrigues lad.
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Whose hand is on the right shoulder of the patriotic shirt wearing guy?

Gabriel's (the brother with the glasses next to him). It just looks weird because Samuel's (patriotic shirt guy) arm has kind of an optical illusion thing going on where it looks like it could just as easily be Gabriel's.

I love the expression on the one non-Rod guy's face, like he's not quite sure what he's stumbled into here, but is hoping to get out unscathed...

• LOL 19
31 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m itching to post that fetching picture of HUNKY haha! 

Hubba hubba. When the ladies see the Hunk in his tie dye/camo-fitted leggings and gut-cradling jacket, they won't be able to control themselves. Jill had better watch out. 

• LOL 12
22 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Hubba hubba. When the ladies see the Hunk in his tie dye/camo-fitted leggings and gut-cradling jacket, they won't be able to control themselves. Jill had better watch out. 

If Jilldo dies first I wonder if he’d remarry… and who would marry this stud muffin?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

A3577FD5-5B16-4113-9477-7B0B56E4FDE3.jpeg

This looks like what would appear if you googled "results of rickets".

Is the flag shirt a hand-me-down from the Keller brother who used to go twinning with his bro?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

^^That's what I think about whether the Rods use government programs, and why I doubt they do. The recent child tax credit payments from the IRS didn't require that level of disclosures, AFAIK. It was based on income tax filings and number of dependent minor children. Unless the Rods don't have social security numbers and don't file income tax returns, getting that money wouldn't have required them to disclose the kind of personal/financial details that would be required for food stamps, Medicaid, etc.

For one thing, I can't imagine crazy Jill dealing at all well with the bureaucracy for food stamps, Medicaid, and other programs. She carried on publicly - and loudly - when she couldn't manipulate the Moody financial system. Can you imagine the epic series of "We are being PERSECUTED for being such good Christians!!!!" social media posts that she'd create if she had to deal with those federal programs? 

In Ohio, the application for SNAP/Medicaid can be filled out and submitted online. It’s just one application and is not super complicated. It wouldn’t be sharing much information beyond what they already have via tax returns. I believe they also do the twice yearly updates over the phone and don’t require much documentation. And Ohio has been giving extra SNAP benefits throughout the pandemic. With a family that size the benefit would be over $1500.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

There’s also a work requirement for able-bodied adults in Ohio. Jill would be exempt until her youngest child turned 6, but David would be expected to work at least 30 hours a week at a job paying at least the state minimum wage, or to participate in a work training program. I suppose it’s possible he’s earning that much printing tracts to pester people with, but I doubt it.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

There’s also a work requirement for able-bodied adults in Ohio. Jill would be exempt until her youngest child turned 6, but David would be expected to work at least 30 hours a week at a job paying at least the state minimum wage, or to participate in a work training program. I suppose it’s possible he’s earning that much printing tracts to pester people with, but I doubt it.

There is a work requirement for TANF, but is there also one for SNAP (food stamps)? They’ve been so lax during the pandemic, at least, that I’d be shocked if they required it of Jill or David, given the size of their family. I do know that in the case of “self employment,” (selling Plexus or tracts), they will simply take a written statement of income. “My self employment income was approximately $400/ month.” 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 5
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

There is a work requirement for TANF, but is there also one for SNAP (food stamps)? They’ve been so lax during the pandemic, at least, that I’d be shocked if they required it of Jill or David, given the size of their family. I do know that in the case of “self employment,” (selling Plexus or tracts), they will simply take a written statement of income. “My self employment income was approximately $400/ month.” 

Plus Jill exaggerates how much she makes from Plexus and I would guess GWE does earn something from the printing business. So there are no issues with work requirements. The Rods are skilled grifters so the probably know how to manipulate the government forms to get maximum benefits. Which they deserve cos they are so godly and can’t be expected to have normal 9-5 jobs. They are on a mission!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I did some research and found a bit more information. Ohio often waives the work requirement, and I believe minors in a low income household would still be eligible even if their parents were deemed ineligible. I just know from personal experience living in Ohio for the past decade and working in social services that the laws on the books are often different than the reality. No one has wanted to deny families food assistance or healthcare during the pandemic. I know a few personally who had to apply for benefits during the pandemic and it’s been fairly easy. 

“He said all 88 Ohio counties are currently waive the work requirement, which is tied to the federal unemployment extension of benefits and the unemployment rates during the past two years. The department will make a new decision on work requirements after this fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.”

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2021/06/08/study-work-requirements-for-snap-dont-increase-employment-numbers/

“In Ohio, people are exempt from work requirements if they live in 42 counties, including Cuyahoga, with high unemployment rates.”

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2020/01/proposed-changes-to-snap-could-leave-more-ohioans-without-food.html?outputType=amp

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1

A good portion of my clients live on government entitlements. There is so many updates, changes and renewal requirements many often temporarily lose their health insurance at least once a year. Their SNAP benefits are adjusted yearly as well. SNAP does, or at least for a time, required monthly online education videos/quizzes to be done to keep the service. To stay on Section 8, they must report any change or risk losing it for life. They can even lose their disability if they don't respond to mailings or emails in a timely fashion.

It may be easy for someone like Jill to maintain the benefits because she seems to always have a phone and internet access, but its very difficult for many who depend on them, to maintain them.

Jill would have to report Nurie marrying and Tim moving and/or working. They know a lot beyond tax filings and many Fundies go to great lengths to avoid those. I'm just not sure which is greater for Jill grifting or playing the hide from the government game.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I did some research and found a bit more information. Ohio often waives the work requirement, and I believe minors in a low income household would still be eligible even if their parents were deemed ineligible. I just know from personal experience living in Ohio for the past decade and working in social services that the laws on the books are often different than the reality. No one has wanted to deny families food assistance or healthcare during the pandemic. I know a few personally who had to apply for benefits during the pandemic and it’s been fairly easy. 

“He said all 88 Ohio counties are currently waive the work requirement, which is tied to the federal unemployment extension of benefits and the unemployment rates during the past two years. The department will make a new decision on work requirements after this fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.”

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2021/06/08/study-work-requirements-for-snap-dont-increase-employment-numbers/

“In Ohio, people are exempt from work requirements if they live in 42 counties, including Cuyahoga, with high unemployment rates.”

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2020/01/proposed-changes-to-snap-could-leave-more-ohioans-without-food.html?outputType=amp

Oh good. I’m thrilled to learn that the tax dollars I pay from my salary that I earn at a job are going to support Jill and David’s fat and lazy asses. People like them are the reason benefit recipients are vilified by the public at large. 

I have no objection whatsoever to the kids receiving aid, because they can’t help that their parents are malignant leeches, but I don’t see any evidence that they’re actually getting any food. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Oh good. I’m thrilled to learn that the tax dollars I pay from my salary that I earn at a job are going to support Jill and David’s fat and lazy asses. People like them are the reason benefit recipients are vilified by the public at large. 

I have no objection whatsoever to the kids receiving aid, because they can’t help that their parents are malignant leeches, but I don’t see any evidence that they’re actually getting any food. 

I’d rather my tax dollars go toward feeding families than to wars and the military industrial complex. Even if some of those parents are people like Jill and David. Apparently there are now more homeless in L.A. than seats in SoFi stadium. It’s just shameful. And many of us don’t vilify recipients of public aid. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 18
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I sometimes think GWE is Great White Elephant which sort of applies too. But gut with ears is truly hilarious.

That was actually my first thought too exactly - Great White Elephant. Or maybe Great Wide Elephant. Gut with Ears wasn't actually my first thought.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

After seeing Jill's post and pictures, my first thought was the 'separated' comment meant guys vs. girls regarding activities.  The gals sit around discussing Plexus and how every other woman they see is just a hussy.  The guys sit around discussing dem dar guns (arm bulges and weapons, respectively) and how those hussies are making them stand spread eagle cause they are being defrauded.  It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and Jill can only clutch her pearls so much.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Cuyahoga County is where Cleveland is located, up on the lake. JRod and co. live in Wooster, which is in Wayne County.  I don't know what the unemployment rate is there, but it is where Purell is manufactured, so it might not be high.

• Useful 3
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I believe minors in a low income household would still be eligible even if their parents were deemed ineligible.

I don’t understand what this means. Eligible for what, if the parents aren’t?

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Panopticon said:

Until recently I would have thought that this was an exaggeration, and then she bragged about beating her three-year-old in an art contest. 

An art contest 'judged' by her husband, the child's father.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Are we sure it was not just a spelling error or lack of proofreading?  She is not always careful when she posts.  But maybe the KJV is her spelling book.

I wouldn't rule this out either. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Are we sure it was not just a spelling error or lack of proofreading?  She is not always careful when she posts.  But maybe the KJV is her spelling book.

I think it's her only book.  It is possible that she managed to misspell the word by stumbling into the British spelling.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Timmers was all puffed up and singing loud and proud.  Think he was trying to impress any of those young girls to his right?  

Nah, the reason is BME threatened to beat him within an inch of his life if he didn't bellow. Sad.

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear you. No one wants to subsidize the Rod parents, but if they're not working because of laziness or whatever, the kids do need to eat. J & D would have to be pretty savvy to continue to receive entitlements in my area for any length of time without working or being found disabled. Eventually they would get kicked off.

Their printing 'business' and Plexus 'income' may be enough to keep them in the programs.

I'm pretty sure they would have to report any income they receive through the missionary clearinghouse. Who knows how much they get from sponsoring churches?

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm pretty sure they would have to report any income they receive through the missionary clearinghouse. Who knows how much they get from sponsoring churches?

They get cash.   For a reason.   I doubt there are very many records of what was collected and how it was distributed.   Makes it easier to claim lack of income while having a "job."

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

J & D would have to be pretty savvy to continue to receive entitlements in my area for any length of time without working or being found disabled.

Wanna bet there is a friendly doctor willing to certify that GWE (I will never not laught at that) has a "medical condition" that prevents him from working at anything but the printing business for a few hours a day?

Grifters are VERY good at manipulating the system and others.   Especially with the pandemic.   "Oh darn we just couldn't hold our ministry meetings because of all the restrictions so our pitiful income was even more pitiful."  If the requirements ever come back they will try something else.   Not get actual JOBS, of course, but find a new grift.  Because that's what grifters do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, merylinkid said:

They get cash.   For a reason.   I doubt there are very many records of what was collected and how it was distributed.   Makes it easier to claim lack of income while having a "job."

Wanna bet there is a friendly doctor willing to certify that GWE (I will never not laught at that) has a "medical condition" that prevents him from working at anything but the printing business for a few hours a day?

Grifters are VERY good at manipulating the system and others.   Especially with the pandemic.   "Oh darn we just couldn't hold our ministry meetings because of all the restrictions so our pitiful income was even more pitiful."  If the requirements ever come back they will try something else.   Not get actual JOBS, of course, but find a new grift.  Because that's what grifters do.

Typically it takes a lot more than one MD's diagnosis to qualify for disability. The application process is lengthy and thorough.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Typically it takes a lot more than one MD's diagnosis to qualify for disability. The application process and lengthy and thorough.

Agreed, and there are conditions that don’t qualify, even though one might think they should.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 2/12/2022 at 9:46 PM, iwantcookies said:

A3577FD5-5B16-4113-9477-7B0B56E4FDE3.jpeg

A2D4AD8E-C0FB-40D3-BD15-8C3D87BFBA4B.jpeg

AD464754-EF14-4B71-A620-BB187D827F05.jpeg

The Rod boys are doing the Audrey Roloff thigh gap pose with knees bent and rear end stuck out. It makes their legs look more bowed than they already are, although it gives Jill room to do some modesty photoshopping. 

• LOL 8