Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I really wish I could see what Philip wrote on that whiteboard next to Africa. I believe The first word is “perverted” so I’m curious what follows that. 

Europe - hardened hearts and minds. America - sinful pleasure. Asia false gods. Africa perverted worship.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We should all send JillR postcards depicting men of biblical times.

haha yes - those boys should have a lesson on how to "gird up their loins" - which is in KJV and meant to tuck in your long robe or tunic into a girdle or belt before battle or physical activity.

for all their biblical studying, they omit or skip things I learned as a 5yr old at a very, very strict and biblical church

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rods think Catholics aren't Christians, so missionaries must get them to the "right" version. As for why Hungary, Phillip told a story about seeing a missionary bulletin as a child and thinking "Hungary" was the same word as "hungry." It took him a few years of superior homeschooling in the random use of capital letters to straighten it out. 

I can't see Phillip or any of the boys successfully moving away from Best Momma. How will Phillip succeed in a country with different laws, culture, language, and food? I suspect he has trouble functioning in the country he lives in right now. 

I’ve asked this question many times in years past, but still don’t understand how fundies  attempt to explain the difference between Catholic beliefs and their “correct “ beliefs to people in other countries WHEN THEY DON’T SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE. I don’t even understand how they do this in English, TBH.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rods think Catholics aren't Christians, so missionaries must get them to the "right" version. As for why Hungary, Phillip told a story about seeing a missionary bulletin as a child and thinking "Hungary" was the same word as "hungry." It took him a few years of superior homeschooling in the random use of capital letters to straighten it out. 

I can't see Phillip or any of the boys successfully moving away from Best Momma. How will Phillip succeed in a country with different laws, culture, language, and food? I suspect he has trouble functioning in the country he lives in right now. 

Do fundies even truly care about hungry children? I have my doubts. If Philip does care, I give him credit. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Putting Jill’s latest babble in as a spoiler so it doesn’t take up the whole page!

Hide contents

Hyper Conservatism?  Fundies? What does that mean exactly?  🤔 It is a phrase flung around by the folks that are trying to mask the conviction felt by righteous living.  

Don't get me wrong, I have met my share of Christians that all their "religion" was, was standards with no Biblical backing and perhaps even without the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ to transform their lives.  😟   Their standards were what defined them and they were shallow.  As soon as the storms came, those people (unfortunately) crumbled.  😢  

Our roots must reach down into the Source - His Name is Jesus Christ!  We must draw deeply from the Well that never runs dry!  We must dig into the Word of God, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.  We must not trust our "good works" to define us or lift us up in pride.  🙄

However, we also must remember not to twist the Scripture into "fitting in" to our lewd and ungodly lifestyles.  We are called unto righteousness!  

Sadly though, we cast that aside and justify our sin as....."liberty in Christ".  😬  Oh, how slyly the devil deceives us.  How tricky he is to slowly pull us into his way of thinking and justify our sin.....just like he did as a serpent 🐍 when he deceived Adam & Eve.  We are so easily convinced,  just as they were, and our sin quickly becomes "right" and those who (truly) stand for right, are deemed as fanatics, fundies, hyper conservative, lunatics, or weird.  

Don't let this worry you though, for the Bible asks us to be peculiar.  Titus 2:14 "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."  Does that mean we TRY to be weird, 🤪 - NO, but we DO try to be HOLY!  If that makes us not fit into this world, so be it.  1 Peter 1:16 "Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."  

I often wonder why the world 🌎 has NO trouble being, well- worldly.  But, Christians seem to have trouble being, well - Christian.  We make every excuse to lean in a little more into the world....bit by bit, piece by piece until we have no salty, savory righteousness left to our conduct.  😔  Ephesians 5:8 "For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:"

You may argue that you are good, moral, kind, etc.  But isn't the world most of that too?  Even the devil himself pretends to be a bearer of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 😈 

You see, we are called to DIE to our flesh and embrace a path that leads to following Christ, not the world.  I have cried tears as I watch good Christians who once sought after the heart of God on His standard of righteousness and now, they use their platform to deceive others into following the unrighteous path they now trod.  😭

When they do this, it reminds me of this Scripture.......

II Peter 2:18 "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."

You see, when we have been taught right from wrong and we choose to turn back to sin, it is likened to a dog returning to his vomit.  It says in verse 19 that they promise you "liberty", but they themselves are the servants of corruption.  😵💫🥴  There is no liberty in that, only confusion and constantly trying to justify their sinful choices and ugly bondage!  🥺

The phrase - "liberty in Christ" is grossly misused.  God is a gentleman and allows us a free will.  But that does NOT mean He is pleased with fleshly choices and it does NOT mean that we have liberty to use it as an occasion to our flesh.  Galatians 5:13 "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh,"

May I encourage each of you to examine your heart (me included) 😬.  Where have we slipped?  Where have we embraced sin where we once stood strong and called it what it was - SIN!  What new friends do we embrace that will support our fleshly choices, rather than being a true friend that will encourage us to take the HIGH road of righteous living!  Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."  👋 

We need to love on another and help each other on the battlefield of life. 💛 We need to remember we are NO better than anyone else. 💛 

But we should NOT play the devil's advocate in confusing others around us to lower their standard.  🤥  Sin loves company, and that is often why people bully or pick on other people.  They are convicted by God's standard and don't want that convicting power in their life.  Beware!  🧐

May I encourage each of you in love!  Embrace the old fashioned values!  Stay salty!  🧂 

Remember, God changes NOT and He still likes the following.....

-Winning Souls to Christ 

- Biblical roles in the home - husband, wife, children.

- Modest apparel and women to dress like ladies and men like men.

- Women to have long hair and men to have short. 

- Conservative, God honoring music.

- Embracing children as a gift from Him.

- Standing on the preserved Word of God- KJV 1611.  

- Marriage between one man and one woman.

- Not to use His Name in vain.

-Not to live in fornication and adultery.

-Avoid divorce.

- Watch what we put before our eyes....

And that list doesn't even SCRAPE the surface of the Holiness of God!  There are so many others!  How do we get victory?!  Basically, walk in submission to the Holy Spirit in your life and don't worry what people think of you, only God!  He ALONE is our Guide and Strength!   💪 And always remember that you have a great cloud of witnesses watching you!  
Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"

Even more importantly, remember God sees ALL!    Proverbs 15:3 "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

We live life like it's some type of fairytale, when in reality, this life is just a TICK in Eternity's scope of "time".  Remember, there is no time in Heaven (and Hell) and the ONLY thing that will count there, is what you did for Christ here!  😉

Embrace holy living, someday when you bow before the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, you will be glad you did!  🙏 

If you do not know Jesus as your Saviour, call upon Him today to save you and forgive you of your sins.  That is the 1st step to obtaining a victorious life!  Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  

Do YOU know him?  If you do not, your destination after death, is not good.  💀🥵  

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Matthew 13:42 "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth"

In the Battle for Souls, Jill Rodrigues & Family  

P.S.  No matter WHO you are, remember we love you, and more importantly, Jesus does!  🥰🤍

These are the pictures she used with it:

724E339B-02F9-43FD-9E6B-29D1442BFF29.jpeg

When asked about the book:

B556C293-26E9-4B40-8322-BA557E419E8A.jpeg

This seems like a bunch of vaguebooking to me. Jill, if you’re calling specific people out, stop being a coward and name them. And I need to know where in the Bible it states that men must have short hair. What does she think Jesus’ hair looked like? 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Europe - hardened hearts and minds. America - sinful pleasure. Asia false gods. Africa perverted worship.

But do they know North America and South American are different continents?

• LOL 11

Baseball style caps are good for men and best mama, but not for the younger girls awaiting/seeking courtship.. also shoes that fit and have laces seem to be for men and best mama, while the girls have ill fitting sandals or boots or no shoes at all in most pics.

5 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

If Jill is the perfect Christian, so much holier than thou, I would love to provide her with a challenge.  God and Jesus should be first in your life, correct?  Nothing should really be focused on that takes away from your love and devotion to the Lord.  Jill - stop wearing make-up.  It's vain and you are focusing on yourself and not your God and Savior.  You are seeking personal attention and adoration.  I 100% don't think she could do it.  

In one of her videos, Jill says she wears makeup to glorify God and Jesus. It is all for Him. So she is focusing on them when trowels on the eyeliner. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 21
10 minutes ago, Triple P said:

In one of her videos, Jill says she wears makeup to glorify God and Jesus. It is all for Him. So she is focusing on them when trowels on the eyeliner. 🤷‍♀️

Hey Jilly ~ Jesus said to tone down the eyeliner. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1

Hey Jill! Straight from the KJV!

Jeremiah 4:30 - And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15

This is what she wrote for Phillip’s 16th birthday:

What a SPECIAL day it was on Phillip’s birthday!. When our children turn 16 years old, they choose a special friend to go out with them to a really nice restaurant.   Phillip turned 16 and chose his brother Samuel. They have always been close and when they were little, they heard my husband and I call each other “hon”, so they began to call EACH OTHER that. It was adorable!  Now, they roll their eyes when we bring that back up. LOL. It was a LOVELY evening at Lexington Greens in Kentucky; sitting on the water; eating; fellowshipping; me blabbering and crying…telling Phillip how MUCH he means to me. Thanking him for his passionate love for God! He has memorized LOTS of chapters of the Bible and continues to memorize more. He LOVES God and walks very close to Him…striving to listen to the Holy Spirit continually in his life. He is a quiet, sober young man and we are thankful that whenever he opens up, it is almost ALWAYS about spiritual things. We LOVE you, Phillip! We are SO thankful that God blessed us with YOU 16 years ago! Our Love Forever, Dad and Mom and siblings too.

9 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

As for why Hungary, Phillip told a story about seeing a missionary bulletin as a child and thinking "Hungary" was the same word as "hungry." It took him a few years of superior homeschooling in the random use of capital letters to straighten it out. 

I bet turkey/Turkey caused the poor kid a similar crisis. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Because one fries Turkey in Greece when Hungary.

I'm envisioning Philip trying to process this sentence and his face being some variation of:

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Oh My God Reaction GIF

John Cena Mind Blown GIF

I actually feel really sorry for Philip. I remember having the same Hungary/hungry confusion when I was maybe 8 or so, and it being cleared up pretty quickly for me and not, you know, after years. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder why he picked Hungary over the other 194 countries in the world?

17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

There’s your answer to “why Hungary.” Dude is STILL hungry, and even though technically he knows that the country isn’t “hungry,” it still calls to the depths of his hollow stomach.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

As if this needs to be said again - shut up, Jill.  Stop trying to wiggle around the beliefs you supposedly hold by making sure to tell us that the men in your family "enjoy" football, but they don't "idolize" it.  Where's that invisible line that they cannot cross?  So it's okay to watch anything on tv as long as no one "idolizes" anything?  That's how you justify Shrek spending hours in his Barcalounger staring at the map?  What about those heathen cheerleaders?  Or the people in the stands drinking and painting their faces with team colors?  I can see her sitting with Shrek and her boys, glaring at the screen and instructing them when to shield their eyes for the entire three-hour game while the not-Nuries do the less important stuff like feed and care for the younger kids. 

She's so full of it.  If you want to watch football, watch football.  No one cares.

Jill's whole screed is very telling when you consider which team her husband is a fan of.  She was apparently fine with their old name, but some players take a knee to peacefully protest injustice is a bridge too far for her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
11 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I have a feeling it was David who wanted to go to the Pro Football HoF.  Isn't that what he watches on the map?  

Jill said that he was a huge fan of the Washington Redskins, as was she, because she is his helpmeet.  They had a lot of Redskins' gear.

However, when the Redskins announced they were changing their name out of respect to Native Americans and were going to be known as the Washington Football Team in the interim, Jill announced that they could never be fans again since it was so abhorrent that the team name would no longer be a racial slur.  

How incredibly selfish. She's not a big football fan but instead of letting one or two of the other sons who enjoy it go instead of her.  Being so self-centered it probably never crossed her mind. image.png.59df52617aee785880153b0402e5a0c2.png

Edited by wilsie
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

41AF6AF5-D139-4E0C-A323-82323C2CA2B2.jpeg

3782189B-39F6-4CB0-9DFD-522842A443FB.jpeg

All that 'integrity' in the NFL.  I'm sure Jill admires Aaron Rodgers for refusing to get a COVID vaccine and lying about it.  Lots of integrity there, especially when he spread all sorts of COVID misinformation when he was discovered.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

All that 'integrity' in the NFL.  I'm sure Jill admires Aaron Rodgers for refusing to get a COVID vaccine and lying about it.  Lots of integrity there, especially when he spread all sorts of COVID misinformation when he was discovered.

I am sure she loves aaron rodgers, even while she is judging him on the length of his hair.  The Packers are their team now since the WFT made the choice to change names.

a post from another trip to the football hall of fame had this picI am afraid to even imagine what "picking on" looks like in the rod household.

Screenshot (212).png

Edited by crazy8s
18 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I get a chuckle thinking about some of the athletes in the HOF and their "integrity" like Lawrence Taylor.  Or Broadway Joe Namath who wore fur coats and pantyhose.  Then there's know wife beater Jim Brown.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I am sure she loves aaron rodgers, even while she is judging him on the length of his hair.  The Packers are their team now since the WFT made the choice to change names.

a post from another trip to the football hall of fame had this pic1578831513_Screenshot(212).png.086de9834108203da041e2ea25976a0d.png. I am afraid to even imagine what "picking on" looks like in the rod household.

Probably David eating chicken legs in front of his kids while the kids plates contain a spoon of rice for dinner. Or daddy watching tv stuffing himself with snacks while his sons sit on the floor eating nothing. I’m pretty sure food is used as a reward/punishment in that house… 

kids are probably always are kept hungry/underfed for being bad/not godly enough 

1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

And we all know Big Ben Rapelisberger is heading there, too.  There is also the always popular Ray Lewis, former Baltimore Raven and killer.

We haven't even touched on the tremendous integrity of the NFL ownership and front offices.

Let's not forget OJ. 

I thought her version of the Bible speaks about false idols and sundays being for worship, not the NFL. Can't pick and choose Jilly bean. 

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Let's not forget OJ. 

I thought her version of the Bible speaks about false idols and sundays being for worship, not the NFL. Can't pick and choose Jilly bean. 

"Keep holy the Lord's day" is one of the 10 Commandments.  At least in the Catholic Bible it is.  Catholics believe football is sacred, though, so watching it is just an extension of our Sunday worship.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Triple P said:

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Jill bends the rules to accommodate her own beliefs.  Exactly what she preaches you can't do.  Hypocrite.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

41AF6AF5-D139-4E0C-A323-82323C2CA2B2.jpeg

3782189B-39F6-4CB0-9DFD-522842A443FB.jpeg

How is Jill not dressed in “men’s ” clothing here? How did that football boycott go for you, Jill? The internet has a long memory! 

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill's whole screed is very telling when you consider which team her husband is a fan of.  She was apparently fine with their old name, but some players take a knee to peacefully protest injustice is a bridge too far for her.  

I guess she would have preferred they protest by taking part in an insurrection.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I get a chuckle thinking about some of the athletes in the HOF and their "integrity" like Lawrence Taylor.  Or Broadway Joe Namath who wore fur coats and pantyhose.  Then there's know wife beater Jim Brown.  

And OJ!

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Jill, your incorrect use of punctuation really disgusts me. As does your position on the NFL. Apparently NFL players don’t have the same rights to say and do what they want as you do, hm? Okay, then. 

Yep. It’s so hard to look past that cringey misuse of punctuation. Again, this halfwit is “teaching” a horde of kids . 😢

• Love 3
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She's so full of it.  If you want to watch football, watch football.  No one cares

This. Seriously. She honestly thinks that people were reading her post and worrying about them idolizing football. I agree that being her must be absolutely exhausting. Nobody cares, Jill. Just watch football and go on with life. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Phillip got a better "senior trip" than Timothy. He got the honor of being dragged to the "ladies conference" in ohio where Jill bragged she was the speaker 3 times. But she and David had such quality one on one time with him and were excited about his aviation ministry future. per the FAA Pilot and Airmen registry i can't find timothy even having a student pilot's license.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, wilsie said:

How incredibly selfish. She's not a big football fan but instead of letting one or two of the other sons who enjoy it go instead of her.  Being so self-centered it probably never crossed her mind. 

Jill never passes up an opportunity to go out and eat. By her own definition of Christian values, she should be home taking care of her children and doing other Biblical female stuff, but here she is sitting in a bar dressed in "men's" clothing, from the waist up anyway. 

Jill's SEVERE lack of self-awareness makes her the gift that keeps on giving, and David is her enabler. I feel sorry for the kids only.  

• Love 17