Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think she'd have a meltdown about that, too. Like all the times she'll huffily make her social media stuff private and then quickly cave because she can't handle people ignoring her any better than she can handle them criticizing her. 

But even when her IG was public, she always disabled comments. The only people who can comment on her drivel are her FB friends. 

That said, it's hilarious when she forgets to turn the comments off on IG. It's like the wild west...tons of "feed your kids" posts, among other things.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But even when her IG was public, she always disabled comments. The only people who can comment on her drivel are her FB friends. 

That said, it's hilarious when she forgets to turn the comments off on IG. It's like the wild west...tons of "feed your kids" posts, among other things.

Oh yeah she can't handle being called out on her shit, but she still wants people to see her shit. It's weird. She probably needs help, but she would deny that and probably call me a heathen for saying so. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh yeah she can't handle being called out on her shit, but she still wants people to see her shit. It's weird. She probably needs help, but she would deny that and probably call me a heathen for saying so. 

She thinks her posts will convert the "haters." Yes, that's what she calls her critics on her radio show. She doesn't realize we're laughing AT her and pitying her kids. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I meant to comment on this, but even with @GeeGolly's warning post about Shrek's sweats, I was still not adequately prepared for the picture that followed or how ugly those pants are. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I meant to comment on this, but even with @GeeGolly's warning post about Shrek's sweats, I was still not adequately prepared for the picture that followed or how ugly those pants are. 

Sorry about that! I hope you’re ok! 😁

• LOL 12
Just now, ginger90 said:

Sorry about that! I hope you’re ok! 😁

Other than making a snorting noise I didn't know I was capable of emitting, I am well. Thank you! 😆

• LOL 22
29 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hunk is bursting out of the RAD pants. He looks like a sausage. Look at his swollen feet/ankles. Homie needs to see a doctor.

I noticed the feet, particularly his left foot.  She’s filtering the heck out of Hunk, which has me LOL! 😄

• LOL 6

Omigosh, peeps. I was standing in a long-ish checkout line at Costco about an hour ago so I checked this forum on my phone. I had to exercise conscious self-control to not snort out loud at the photo of the Hunk in those RAD pants, or laugh at your comments. 

It's hard to tell from the angle of the photo for sure, but yeah his feet don't look great, and that's probably a bunion on his left foot. He just looks not very healthy in general. I wonder if he gets medical checkups very often. He's middle aged and overweight and probably doesn't eat healthy stuff.  OTOH he could outlive everybody, you never know. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She thinks her posts will convert the "haters." Yes, that's what she calls her critics on her radio show. She doesn't realize we're laughing AT her and pitying her kids. 

If she truly wanted to have discussions and “convert” people, she would allow comments on her pages. She isn’t interested in doing that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If she truly wanted to have discussions and “convert” people, she would allow comments on her pages. She isn’t interested in doing that.

Oh, she doesn't want to do the hard work. She only deals with "like-minded" people. And she's had her dustups with them. Don't forget the whole blowup over the definition of modest dress for Christians. 

I imagine people she says she saved on the street, laundromat, or wherever were just people who were being polite in the hope she would go away with her God bothering.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I noticed the feet, particularly his left foot.  She’s filtering the heck out of Hunk, which has me LOL! 😄

It’s a short video. She passes by hunk a few times. I don’t think the video was filtered. Hunk looks unwell, legs are that chunky. He seriously needs to lose weight and not eat everything in sight. 

• Love 4

the fishing pictures - any over 18 needs a valid fishing license in texas. Betting Jilly didn't see any need for that.

Jilly, Shrek, Timbits, one of the not nuries and I think Phillip have been shown fishing in the pics and videos so 5 licenses would have been required.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I just wanna know who was in Walmart and thought to buy those pants. Jill or Mr Jill?

Jill 100%

Babe my hunkiest husband you will look totally adorbs wearing these. Wear these for your Jillybean??? Yay! 

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

79C9D70A-CB4F-4420-9D48-BD175CA3B4CA.jpeg

0DEDC4E5-75BF-47EC-B397-CA550B32D442.jpeg

What is it about married fundies and taking pictures/selfies of them kissing all of the time?  I thought they were supposed to be so very modest and the women can only wear skirts.  Taking pictures of you and your spouse groping each other and kissing is definitely not modest.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Nothing like a cute, romantic moment with mom shoving her phone in your faces 🙄

Similar to filming and posting devotions, and church services . Can’t forget filming neighbors and their property, also.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Similar to filming and posting devotions, and church services . Can’t forget filming neighbors and their property, also.

And funerals. JillR has no boundaries whatsoever.

• Love 2

I doubt any of them see a doctor unless they are very sick and then it is and ER visit begging for discounted care like the Bates family does.  Janessa did actually get medical care during her "crisis" but she seems okay now.

Jill drinks Plexus so she can sell it.  She also watches her diet so she can give the credit to Plexus.  If Shrek drank plexus he wouldn't lose any weight so it's a waste to give it to him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Hoo boy - Nurthan and the in-laws went out for dinner, did some mini golf, went bowling and to an arcade.  Bet that Nathan had to open up a brand new charge card to pay for all of that.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Is that the only shirt Shrek owns? 

Well, at least he's not wearing his usual filthy, baggy jeans. They're on this trip with him. 

He's not wearing the tie dye leggings either. That's a step up. Those shoes are sad though. 

I hope Nathan is able to save enough money to buy and fix up that house he mentioned. It's too bad his in-laws are such moochers. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

It might be the only one that fits these days.  Note the takeout box in his meaty paw.

Nurie, honey, the whole world knows you're up the duff.  Get your hand away from there.

In all fairness, from the front, Nurie doesn't look pregnant as much as she looks like she had some pizza and a few beers last night. Especially in those super-flowing clothes she wears. 

• LOL 4
47 minutes ago, Heathen said:

In all fairness, from the front, Nurie doesn't look pregnant as much as she looks like she had some pizza and a few beers last night. Especially in those super-flowing clothes she wears. 

If I didn’t know better, I would think that she had a pillow, that was getting ready to fall out, stuffed under her blouse.  She’s carrying the fetus really low, and she’s not very big at all IMO.  She has worn some cute maternity (at least they look like it) clothes, instead of just the usual extra-tight fundie T-shirt and skirt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7