Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

? This is over my head Churchie.

If you are singing "c'mon, baby, light my fire" -- even under your breath and to yourself - you are clearly at serious risk of defrauding any number of poor innocents who may come walking by. The rock 'n' roll beat, after all, is the devil's fortress-building tool in itself. But those lyrics! ....

I just don't understand you heathens. Why can't you confine yourselves to nationally televised dry humping on miniature golf courses the way pure people do?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

If you are singing "c'mon, baby, light my fire" -- even under your breath and to yourself - you are clearly at serious risk of defrauding any number of poor innocents who may come walking by. The rock 'n' roll beat, after all, is the devil's fortress-building tool in itself. But those lyrics! ....

I just don't understand you heathens. Why can't you confine yourselves to nationally televised dry humping on miniature golf courses the way pure people do?

Oh my. My apologies. And, shh, please don't tell @Celia Rubenstein

• Love 3

I don't have an opinion on Nurie's looks cause I can't tell what the heck she actually looks like. Without the ridiculous eyebrows, pounds of make up, strange hair, & wardrobe she probably looks entirely different (it still hungry). My guess is she's a very beautiful girl under there when she's "natural."

• Love 10
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. My apologies. And, shh, please don't tell @Celia Rubenstein

Too late!

Gee Golly, you have allowed Satan to build a fortress in your eardrums! I don't know how to handle this. I am torn between offering you the loving forgiveness our religion dictates or the judgment, scorn and rejection that is the actual reality of our cult faith. 

Perhaps we should just handle it the way the Duggers would ... you know, just pretend it never happened and if anyone finds out, we can lie about it and minimize it. And if anyone blabs, we will just sue the piss out of everyone involved. That would probably be best. Well maybe it would not be the best, but it would be the easiest. And possibly the most lucrative. We might be able to cash in on it one day and take that trip to the Creation Museum you've always wanted to go on! 

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Too late!

Gee Golly, you have allowed Satan to build a fortress in your eardrums! I don't know how to handle this. I am torn between offering you the loving forgiveness our religion dictates or the judgment, scorn and rejection that is the actual reality of our cult faith. 

Perhaps we should just handle it the way the Duggers would ... you know, just pretend it never happened and if anyone finds out, we can lie about it and minimize it. And if anyone blabs, we will just sue the piss out of everyone involved. That would probably be best. Well maybe it would not be the best, but it would be the easiest. And possibly the most lucrative. We might be able to cash in on it one day and take that trip to the Creation Museum you've always wanted to go on! 

Hello darkness my old friend ...

My dearest Ceecee and fellow PTV posters, please forgive me for I have sinned. I often walk this world with a song in my heart. I'm guilty of playing music in both my car and in my home. I've had the occasion to dance with mops and brooms as well as belting out songs using various household items as microphones. At times I find myself compelled to answer questions and converse in song lyrics. As I stare longingly at @Celia Rubenstein's avatar I feel the urge to sing "Celia" while simultaneously wanting to break out in giggles because of my betroth's hand gesture. I hope you all can walk beside me with support as I struggle with dismantling this fortress built by Satan. And it is a struggle. As recently as yesterday I had to stifle the urge to dance in CVS.

Please have sympathy for me but no Sympathy for the Devil. Don't Worry and Be Happy as I Can See Clearly Now and I am Starting Over because today is a Brand New Day

And again, please forgive me, although Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 21
On 9.6.2017 at 4:39 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Oh JRod, never change. Still selling Nurie, I see. Good luck with that, hon. 

18920344_10104280359841585_3934703502566237672_n.jpg

Do you think both of them will go crazy if Nurie is still on sale next summer ?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, lianau said:

Looks like JRod is desperate to marry that poor girl off.  She seems like a sweet kid, particularly since any teen raised like she's been would be seething with resentment .   I'd hate being stuck on a stink bus with my 11 other siblings including the emaciated baby in a cage and Angry Olivia.  And having no clue that my hair and makeup is 25 years out of date....going to bed hungry every night....

• Love 7
19 hours ago, lianau said:

Crazi-er. What disturbs me is that I expect they'll blame poor old Nurie. Poor child. 

18 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Why isn't TLC on this. These Rods are the best characters the writers and comics at SNL have ever created. EVER. Church Lady, Stuart Smiley can't hold a candle to the Rods and their Marilyn Monroe breathy voices (even the boys), their crazy mind dirtying rants. Let's not forget the other hidden gem, one of the tiny daughters who looks like a fragile depression era survivor, but gives off the vibe of  Wednesday Addams who will cut anyone who sleeps too soundly. They are so blissfully deprived of self awareness. They are fascinating; I want them in a pickle jar. 

Because if TLC enabled this crowd, I believe that the law actually would come after the Rodrigui and even after TLC, perhaps. They've been able to pretend that the abuse wasn't there in other shows, but here it's right on the surface. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Crazi-er. What disturbs me is that I expect they'll blame poor old Nurie. Poor child. 

Because if TLC enabled this crowd, I believe that the law actually would come after the Rodrigui and even after TLC, perhaps. They've been able to pretend that the abuse wasn't there in other shows, but here it's right on the surface. 

Rodriguez would love the fame of being martyred for their religion. Couldn't a reality show pull the 'documentary' card to reveal the insanity? It's ok to expose this abuse, it will sell and if the Rods are brought to task for their neglect and abuse of the children win win. We only need one season and who knows how many families could be deterred from choosing the fundy lifestyle. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Rodriguez would love the fame of being martyred for their religion. Couldn't a reality show pull the 'documentary' card to reveal the insanity? It's ok to expose this abuse, it will sell and if the Rods are brought to task for their neglect and abuse of the children win win. We only need one season and who knows how many families could be deterred from choosing the fundy lifestyle. 

I don't think the 'documentary' excuse would work. If you're paying people, it's not a documentary. If you're scripting anything, it's not a documentary. Flat out. Plain and simple. Either of those things proves that it's not journalism, and if it's not journalism, then you don't have the journalists' "hands-off" thing going on. You're involved. And they couldn't hide either fact. The Rodrigui certainly wouldn't participate if they weren't paid and if they had no say over the editing, as they wouldn't in a documentary. They would participate only in a reality show. So I'm pretty sure the network could easily be on the hook. Would absolutely be on the hook, most likely, I think. 

On 6/10/2017 at 9:21 PM, sometimesy said:

Why isn't TLC on this. These Rods are the best characters the writers and comics at SNL have ever created. EVER. Church Lady, Stuart Smiley can't hold a candle to the Rods and their Marilyn Monroe breathy voices (even the boys), their crazy mind dirtying rants. Let's not forget the other hidden gem, one of the tiny daughters who looks like a fragile depression era survivor, but gives off the vibe of  Wednesday Addams who will cut anyone who sleeps too soundly. They are so blissfully deprived of self awareness. They are fascinating; I want them in a pickle jar. 

Right????  Come on, Nancy, don't suddenly start pretending like you have moral standards.

Just now, Aja said:

Right????  Come on, Nancy, don't suddenly start pretending like you have moral standards.

Take a risk. The worst that can happen is they end up like seamonkeys 'so eager to please' so disappointing once you get them. 

sea-monkeys.jpg

• Love 7
On 6/10/2017 at 9:44 PM, lianau said:

See see I AM part of the cool group. I was invited but I had to sing in a tent. But I was invited. Just wanted to brag, uh er, wish them well.

• Love 9
On 6/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, sometimesy said:

Take a risk. The worst that can happen is they end up like seamonkeys 'so eager to please' so disappointing once you get them. 

sea-monkeys.jpg

Ha, love it- we get sea monkeys every year for christmas and they rarely work out! :/

I think the flower girls must be Forsyths. When Boob and Joy came down the stairs and one little girl was valiantly trying to hold up the train, Joy said, "Good job [girl's name.]" I didn't recognize it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think the flower girls must be Forsyths. When Boob and Joy came down the stairs and one little girl was valiantly trying to hold up the train, Joy said, "Good job [girl's name.]" I didn't recognize it. 

Her name is Holly (not sure if that's the spelling they used). I also assumed she must have been from the Forsyth family.

ETA: Louannems beat me to it! I guess the accent/pronounciation threw me off - I sometimes turn on closed captionings for that reason but I did not in this case.

Edited by PinkyCupcake
Something to add
  • Love 1
On 09/06/2017 at 10:39 AM, Sew Sumi said:

18920344_10104280359841585_3934703502566237672_n.jpg

Is that a five o'clock shadow type situation with eyebrows?

• Love 6

Well, it looks like the Duggars let Laura out of the house for a little party, but she took Jenni Duggar along. I'm pretty convinced that Laura is the new tutor now that Tabby Paine is married off to the rapist. We also now know that Laura is 31....a spinster in IBLPLand. 

Jill has placed another daughter "FOR SALE" ad on her facebook page, this time for just turned 16-year-old, Kaylee.  I guess if Nurie languishes on the shelf much longer, Jill will have a buy-one-get-one-free sale or something.  Gotta move the merchandise!  Those girls aren't getting any younger. 

Jill describes how she and David took Kaylee out to the NICE Olive Garden for her birthday dinner (as opposed to the shitty Olive Garden in the bad part of town???) and then they picked up some other sister who apparently was also having a birthday (but who for some reason didn't merit a trip to the Olive Garden, she only got to go to Burger King with them for dessert ... No, I'm not making this up, I swear).  They gifted them with some ugly ass "purity" bracelets.  More like purity shackles if you ask me. 

Here is a link to Jill's facebook.  Scroll down to June 12.   Kaylee looks like a cadaver.  Thin as a rail and white as a sheet. Lord, the makeup.  That poor child.  Can't one of the Duggar boys bite the bullet and marry one of those unfortunate girls to get them out of that loony bin?  

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/15/2017 at 6:20 PM, GeeGolly said:

Pretty sure it was Allie. Here's a picture of her.

This pic of this Bates girl with kids is adorable. Why is she not dong the "Modern Modest" speaking tour instead of sloppy Jessa ?  They all look completely normal....and the girls are wearing PANTS with cute tops. And the hair bows aren't out of control. The Bates mom (Alyssa??) is beautiful and I'm sure young Fundies would love her style.   (Yikes! .....the older daughter has gorgeous eyes.)

Edited by drafan
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Jill has placed another daughter "FOR SALE" ad on her facebook page, this time for just turned 16-year-old, Kaylee.  I guess if Nurie languishes on the shelf much longer, Jill will have a buy-one-get-one-free sale or something.  Gotta move the merchandise!  Those girls aren't getting any younger. 

Jill describes how she and David took Kaylee out to the NICE Olive Garden for her birthday dinner (as opposed to the shitty Olive Garden in the bad part of town???) and then they picked up some other sister who apparently was also having a birthday (but who for some reason didn't merit a trip to the Olive Garden, she only got to go to Burger King with them for dessert ... No, I'm not making this up, I swear).  They gifted them with some ugly ass "purity" bracelets.  More like purity shackles if you ask me. 

Here is a link to Jill's facebook.  Scroll down to June 12.   Kaylee looks like a cadaver.  Thin as a rail and white as a sheet. Lord, the makeup.  That poor child.  Can't one of the Duggar boys bite the bullet and marry one of those unfortunate girls to get them out of that loony bin?  

Oh my. When my daughter reached age 17 I bought her condoms and Plan B. I suppose we will go to Hell together.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

My only hesitation about this is that then there'd be two young people with both the Duggars and the Rodrigui as parents. Surely that's illegal in some way. 

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Can't one of the Duggar boys bite the bullet and marry one of those unfortunate girls to get them out of that loony bin?  

As long as it isn't sinner twin. 

1 hour ago, AUgirl said:

Those poor girls remind me of Karen Carpenter when her anorexia had gotten really bad (the hairstyles lend to the overall effect).  Someone please feed them.

The children look pale & starving & the father looks like a fat pig.

• Love 9

Those poor girls. Meanwhile, y'all could have warned me that the facebook profile pic was Jill and husband kissing. I need to psych myself up before being exposed to that.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Even worse, they celebrated Kaylee's birthday early because she's going to work for No Greater Joy Ministries. That's the Pearls' outfit. Yeah, THOSE Pearls. 

Internship, volunteer, or job?  Maybe one of those combinations will yield a salary and thus money to buy food.

ETA:  The fundie bump is the true nightmare in the equation, making Kaylee look like a cadaverous 50-year-old.  Maybe a 65-y-o who dyes.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Even worse, they celebrated Kaylee's birthday early because she's going to work for No Greater Joy Ministries. That's the Pearls' outfit. Yeah, THOSE Pearls. 

Wonder if the name "No Greater Joy" is meant to be sarcastic? Lol

1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Wonder if the name "No Greater Joy" is meant to be sarcastic? Lol

They mean "No Greater Joy [exists than turning out/being soulless robots in the name of making "Christians"]", so kinda!

• Love 3