Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Erin is using her degree to teach piano, so that's something. In their world a woman's primary job will always be wife and mother, but at least they have opportunities to supplement the family income if they choose to.

Doesn't Alyssa Bates help John clean various businesses in the evenings? Erin has also put out albums. I think one was Christmas music and one was a lullaby album. I could be wrong on that. I have no idea how well they did. I feel like the Bates kids have either gotten jobs or went to Clown College, even the girls, which in fundie world is something at least.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Ugh you made me look at the Kim K. of the Fundie world. Jill sure has been a busy bee being a celebrity in her circles.

Angry Olivia has this permanent look of stank on her little face. Jill has slimmed down and it looks like Chimpy has as well, but it doesn't look like their kids are getting extra servings from their gaunt, pinched, looks of ghastly pallor. Guess that Plexus must be working for them, but in traditional Fundy fashion, the lordship and the broodmare get date nights and Plexus, while the kids starve. In the animal kingdom, mom and dad go without and let the babies eat.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Ugh you made me look at the Kim K. of the Fundie world. Jill sure has been a busy bee being a celebrity in her circles.

Dammit.  So did I.  I feel so dirty now.  

My fave part of her blog?

"It was a pleasure to park our RV at the Duggar’s house after the wedding and sing some songs at the “church service” they had at their house the next day. Jim Bob took these pictures for us. Duggar family, thank you for being a blessing to us."

I assume in non-Fundie speak this means "Thanks for letting us hook up to your septic.  The sh*tter was full."

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Lemur said:

"It was a pleasure to park our RV at the Duggar’s house after the wedding and sing some songs at the “church service” they had at their house the next day. Jim Bob took these pictures for us. Duggar family, thank you for being a blessing to us."

I assume in non-Fundie speak this means "Thanks for letting us hook up to your septic.  The sh*tter was full."

Thank you Lemur for making coke almost go up my nose.  They really are the cousin Eddie of Fundies aren't they?!

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

All that comes to mind is Cousin Eddie offloading the RV shitter into the storm sewer on National Lampoon...

I need to get out of your head!  It was my exact thought as well.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, louannems said:

I cannot figure out why the JillRods are constantly on the road.  

My spidey senses tell me they go on the road when they're low on money. That way they can mooch food, clothing, toys and "love offerings" from all the nice church ladies who take one look at those emaciated kids and bust out their wallets. 

• Love 10

A few things I learned from the blog. God brings Plexus. I'm not sure how that happens, maybe I will just spot him on a donkey coming down the road or in a UPS truck. Jill's sister, Amy Foster is disabled. Did you guys know that? Finally, Jill you're a shithead, her sister-in-law has three babies...in Heaven. Does she think that's clever or cute the way she worded that? FU Jill. Oh one more thing, those kids though?

• Love 6

Jill and her brood performed at that big party the Duggars had.  I saw those imprisoned folks sitting there listening to that mess and was so grateful it wasn't me.  These fundies have to put up with a lot of boredom and dull entertainment--I would pull out my hair!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Those poor Rodrigues boys look like concentration camp survivors, and Jill thinks it's funny that Angry Olivia fits in a long-stemmed roses delivery box.

I thought that was baby Sofia in the box!  Sofia for a breast fed baby looks really scrawny.  I'm of the belief that babies should have pudgy baby hands and pudgy baby feet!

The baby looks skinny to me, too.  In the pix on Jill's blog there was a bald guy watching the kids perform, and there were several pictures.  It seemed the bald guy stayed there but the people around him kind of split.

Luckily we got to see poor Amy lying there as a prop for the newest baby to lie on.   The motorhome looked clean.  I was impressed.  Merry Maids must have been there.  Jill is the powerhouse of the operation.  I think she makes most of the money and does almost all the work.  I'd probably off myself if I were her, but she is the energizer bunny, by golly.

• Love 2
On 1/10/2017 at 4:29 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I so wish JRod would pawn one of her spawn off on a Duggar. They'd take 19 Kids from Circus to Carney Freak Show.

I don't watch their show (thanks to all of you who take one for the team and do), but I would watch the crap out of it if a R kid courted a Duggar. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I don't watch their show (thanks to all of you who take one for the team and do), but I would watch watch the crap out of it if a R kid courted a Duggar. 

Picture Jim Bob reading this and thinking "well if it's going to bring in ratings, which of my eligible sons do I hate the most...I'll tell him God has decided he should marry the oldest R girl and go into the mobile tract printing business."

Edited by kalamac
words are important and should not be left out of sentences
  • Love 7

Yeah, it really got on my nerves about JRod bringing up 'Amy Foster, My Dusabled Sister", who they have told us they are going to build a wheelchair ramp for her.  Just do it, don't make a big deal out of it. How about simply referring to Amy simply as her sister and respect her dignity as a person? This poor woman is going to have enough challenges and health needs due to her conditions already.

Even Amy as asked Jill to quit referring to her as her crippled sister, but I guess Jill has to push the ministry and use Amy as a show pony at Amy's expense. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Lemur said:

I love that "church service" is in quotes. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I love that "church service" is in quotes. 

They go on to say they actually went to church after that dog and pony show. So like 200 people were crashed out on the Dugg property after Cringe and Baaaaaaaabe's wedding? 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Our dream of a Nurie-Duggar wedding is in jeopardy! Some single guy has joined their circus.

Please give the Duggs either Nurie or the next youngest one. We deserve this. Smile.

What single guy has joined their circus?

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I still want to lock JRod and Sierra into a room and see who comes out. 

FUNDERDOME!  Two Fundies enter!  One Fundy leaves!  Two Fundies enter!  One Fundy leaves!

• Love 20

It's my belief that the JRods are on the road so often because it's cheaper to fill the tank with gas than it is to feed all those mouths.  This way all the other church women have to do the cooking and clean-up afterwards to feed those children.  And if JRod and Chimpy are lucky, they can pawn those kids off on some poor pastor's wife while they run off on a "date" to a nice restaurant and eat their fill of real food - not casseroles made with condensed soup and Velveeta.  It's win-win for JRod.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

It's my belief that the JRods are on the road so often because it's cheaper to fill the tank with gas than it is to feed all those mouths.  This way all the other church women have to do the cooking and clean-up afterwards to feed those children.  And if JRod and Chimpy are lucky, they can pawn those kids off on some poor pastor's wife while they run off on a "date" to a nice restaurant and eat their fill of real food - not casseroles made with condensed soup and Velveeta.  It's win-win for JRod.

You are probably very scarily close to the truth.

• Love 3
On 1/10/2017 at 4:56 PM, sheshark said:

Those poor Rodrigues boys look like concentration camp survivors...

It wouldn't be so jarring if their dad didn't look like he was 11 months pregnant. 

When JRod said JimBob took the pictures, I just pictured him smirking, all smug & shit, 'cause it use to be his kids pimped out for the Gothard's Home Church music tour. 

• Love 1

There isn't enough pills, booze and money in the world that could motivate me to drag an infant, a toddler and a pre-schooler on a flight to Australia. And will they please invest in hats and sunglasses? That Aussie sun will burn a hole straight through their skin.

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

There isn't enough pills, booze and money in the world that could motivate me to drag an infant, a toddler and a pre-schooler on a flight to Australia. And will they please invest in hats and sunglasses? That Aussie sun will burn a hole straight through their skin.

But what if it's a free trip? All inclusive?

35 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

and lots of sunscreen!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

But what if it's a free trip? All inclusive?

Lulz, I'd still say no. I couldn't party my way through Oz with three kids in tow. At least David and Pris are boring with no desire to experience culture, so it won't make any difference to them.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

You mean you do not want the chance to learn how to save the heathens and how to stop the devil from taking over your body and soul. You naughty heathen!

If Heaven is filled with the Duggars and their ilk, then book my ticket South, please.

So on a side note, I clicked on the link for the Bateseseses IG, and saw a picture of Warden pulling a dish out of the oven. Kelly captioned it by saying she's running out of girls to run her kitchen. I'm kind of grateful for it however because it reminds me that although the Bateses are prettier and shinier than the Duggars, their misogynistic belief system is still the same. Sigh.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5

The Wallers and Senior Bateses are apparently headlining this shindig. It sounds like the get-togethers the Gothardites have at Big Sandy, lasting several days next week. I checked out the weather forecast for Lilydale next week, and it's going to be SWELTERING, above 90 every day. 108 on Tuesday! 

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

If Heaven is filled with the Duggars and their ilk, then book my ticket South, please.

So on a side note, I clicked on the link for the Bateseseses IG, and saw a picture of Warden pulling a dish out of the oven. Kelly captioned it by saying she's running out of girls to run her kitchen. I'm kind of grateful for it however because it reminds me that although the Bateses are prettier and shinier than the Duggars, their misogynistic belief system is still the same. Sigh.

My DVR happened to catch a little preview for tonight's episode. Warden apparently likes to cook, and they show him and Erin making mashed potatoes at her house. Lawson has a talking head in which he pretty much says "screw you, gender roles" by saying that eveyrone pitches in doing everything. 

I'm sure losing all the older daughters to marriage or college has contributed to this mindset; one wonders how long Warden has REALLY liked to cook, wink wink. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

My DVR happened to catch a little preview for tonight's episode. Warden apparently likes to cook, and they show him and Erin making mashed potatoes at her house. Lawson has a talking head in which he pretty much says "screw you, gender roles" by saying that eveyrone pitches in doing everything. 

I'm sure losing all the older daughters to marriage or college has contributed to this mindset; one wonders how long Warden has REALLY liked to cook, wink wink. 

I remember seeing in one of the early seasons, one of the boys cooking with Erin, maybe it was Warden, I can't tell those 3 boys apart.  They said then, he likes to cook

• Love 1

What annoyed me was the inference that the only reason boys would be in the kitchen is because there aren't enough girls left to do the work. It just makes me wonder how much of the Bateses' reign loosening is genuine and how much is made for tv.

I used to watch their show on UP, but my cable provider no longer carries the channel.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What annoyed me was the inference that the only reason boys would be in the kitchen is because there aren't enough girls left to do the work. It just makes me wonder how much of the Bateses' reign loosening is genuine and how much is made for tv.

I used to watch their show on UP, but my cable provider no longer carries the channel.

Don't worry, you're not missing much. It's usually the Show of Lawson. He seems to find his way into almost every.fucking.scene. And if he's not in it, he's commenting about it in a TH (as I noted above). I know they're trying to sell his music career any way they can, but ugh, it's just too much. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, it was totally misogynistic of Kelly to come out with that, but at Chez Duggar, they are "running out of girls to run the kitchen" as well, but you don't see The Howlers or the elder J Boys helping out in the kitchen. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yeah, it was totally misogynistic of Kelly to come out with that, but at Chez Duggar, they are "running out of girls to run the kitchen" as well, but you don't see The Howlers or the elder J Boys helping out in the kitchen. 

Well, Josiah cooked turkey bacon that one time, and there was that FU Internetz!!! picture of the twin boys ostensibly operating the industrial diswasher. Of course that was staged, since they never use real dishes. 

• Love 5

It's funny that Erin is showing her brother how to cook because when she was married the big joke was she didn't have a clue in the kitchen because Michaela and Alyssa did all the cooking.

At least Erin figured it out unlike Jessa and Jill.

• Love 4

I still shake my head and roll my eyes when I remember the Duggar daughters googling how to make mashed potatoes. 

And they're the ones who gave Erin that gag cookbook at her wedding shower. Looks like we know who won the battle in the kitchen. Erin looks like Julia Child compared to the Duggar (I can't do fractions) girls. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

So Priscilla is holding the two oldest children, while David carries the newborn?  Figures~

Yep.  He's holding the sleeper and she's holding the heavier, grumpier kids.  What a guy.

• Love 6