Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Is Holly's husband one of the big wigs at Tacos4Life?

Not that I know of. Kristen's husband is the GM, and another couple, whose names I posted in this thread a few days ago (and a blog in the show thread) are the owners. Kristen runs the social media for Tacos 4 life. She bans people who question T4L's relationship with the Duggars.

• Love 1

You all have ruined me. I'm spending way too much time reading JRod's blog. Did you know that they were guests at Michaela Bateseses wedding? And it was the third Bateses wedding they have been PERSONALLY invited to? That was the very first sentence. Her next paragraph is a nasty, judgmental swipe at how much holier and Jesusier their weddings are than the icky Satan weddings the rest of the people have, and she finishes it off by reminding us that the Bateseseseses PERSONALLY THANKED them for coming. Then comes the Duggar tongue bath, where she actually COMPARES THEM DIRECTLY TO JESUS CHRIST. And brags about how she and ANNADUGGAR had their babies one day apart (so precious!), and ANNADUGGAR just loved comparing notes with her! Basically, the entire post was, as many of her posts seem to be, a desperately pathetic attempt to advertise that she buddies around with TV stars who personally thank her and want to take pictures with her and actually look her in the eye when speaking to her (the eye-contact thing was one of the specific reasons the Duggars remind her of Jesus.) The pictures of Jill cheesing up to Anna with her shit-eating grin while Anna looks stiff as a board with the Duggar-PR smile plastered to her face are hilarious/sad/hilarious/sad. But the truly greatest, greatest part of the post was her sign off: "Because of Jesus, Jill Rodrigues." Which is going to be the title of the book I must now write about her.

Tip: give away hair teasing combs to all that come for your book signing! Because we all wanna be Jill and her glorious hair is everything. Shhhhh don't let Erin Bates know that.

$30 for six sugar cookies?! Yikes, you could get them cheaper at a bakery. Even the fancy shmancy ones. I will admit those coconut dipped strawberries look amazing, but that's something I could buy the ingredients for and easily make myself.

• Love 2

You all have ruined me. I'm spending way too much time reading JRod's blog. Did you know that they were guests at Michaela Bateseses wedding? And it was the third Bateses wedding they have been PERSONALLY invited to? That was the very first sentence. Her next paragraph is a nasty, judgmental swipe at how much holier and Jesusier their weddings are than the icky Satan weddings the rest of the people have, and she finishes it off by reminding us that the Bateseseseses PERSONALLY THANKED them for coming. Then comes the Duggar tongue bath, where she actually COMPARES THEM DIRECTLY TO JESUS CHRIST. And brags about how she and ANNADUGGAR had their babies one day apart (so precious!), and ANNADUGGAR just loved comparing notes with her! Basically, the entire post was, as many of her posts seem to be, a desperately pathetic attempt to advertise that she buddies around with TV stars who personally thank her and want to take pictures with her and actually look her in the eye when speaking to her (the eye-contact thing was one of the specific reasons the Duggars remind her of Jesus.) The pictures of Jill cheesing up to Anna with her shit-eating grin while Anna looks stiff as a board with the Duggar-PR smile plastered to her face are hilarious/sad/hilarious/sad. But the truly greatest, greatest part of the post was her sign off: "Because of Jesus, Jill Rodrigues." Which is going to be the title of the book I must now write about her.

lol and thank you for taking it for the team. Good thing faces don't freeze cause you should of seen mine as I read your post! Jill certainly is one of the worst of the worsts.
  • Love 1

I haven't been able to bring myself to click on a link in the Duggar forums since I was scarred from watching the Prancercize video, so I thank all of you who are reading all about Jill R., Sierra, etc. and reporting on them here. Virtual cookies for everyone!

• Love 4

I haven't been able to bring myself to click on a link in the Duggar forums since I was scarred from watching the Prancercize video, so I thank all of you who are reading all about Jill R., Sierra, etc. and reporting on them here. Virtual cookies for everyone!

Gah! I thought I'd brain-bleached that prancercize video into oblivion, but, no, your mention proves that it still lurks...

Just wanted to point out that your use of Rodrigui and Ajas use of Batseseses is the funniest effing part of these posts to me. I loves you gals!

Because of Jeebus

MWB

Or is it Rodriguii? They're so weird they almost deserve a scientific name.... Fundamentalis rodriguii

• Love 14

My brother's wife is a great cook and once toyed with the idea of starting a catering business, but the licensing requirements and regulations were INSANE. They live in NYC, so I'm not sure if it varies widely between states, but she decided it just wasn't worth the hassle.

If Holly is using toddlers as baking assistants, I'm dubious on her having the proper credentials. Hopefully she was just joking on that one.

When I think of toddlers and food preparation...try as I might, I still can't brain bleach the memory of Josie licking everything she came into contact with.

• Love 7

Look what I just found:

https://www.facebook.com/dojosdesigns/?pnref=lhc

Prices are pretty high in my opinion. My friends make the decorated cookies and don't charge that much for such simple designs.

Now I realize the connection with Sierra and Holly they are working together and using TLC for free advertising ala every Housewives show on Bravo.

Kathy from RHONJ & her cannolies (? sp) came to mind right away.

Kathy from RHONJ & her cannolies (? sp) came to mind right away.

Cannoli is the plural.

Fun fact Kathy stopped by a new Italian bakery practically down the street from my house last fall. Even the owner was shocked! 

Back to Sierra! I wonder who watches her children while is busy party planning and making all these treats? I know she is only 25 but she has way too much energy for a girl with 5 kids!

• Love 3

Cannoli is the plural.

Fun fact Kathy stopped by a new Italian bakery practically down the street from my house last fall. Even the owner was shocked! 

Back to Sierra! I wonder who watches her children while is busy party planning and making all these treats? I know she is only 25 but she has way too much energy for a girl with 5 kids!

Oh, Fuzzy, you know by now, all that matters is how many you have, not how you actually raise them. Quantity, not quality. 

• Love 9

I think the jury has decided that Janarella watches Sierra's kids.

Yeah.  Sierra probably just drops off her five kids at the Duggar compound, where nobody would even notice a few more kids hanging around.

• Love 4

That makes sense, Sieera goies over to the TTH there is always someone available to watch her kids while she and Joy fill orders. If it's true I hope Joy is gettig some kind of cut of the profits.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh Arwen, now you've done it. I'm now making up latin terms for the Duggars. So far I have

incrusto duggeri

incultus duggeri

incesto duggeri

obscencus familia duggeri

Yea those ancient italians had the Duggars pegged.

No actual latin terms were harmed in the making of the names. Yep all real latin words.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 13

I looked up Sierra's friend Holly out of curiosity. She too has a blog and now she is an official cookier and runs her own business making/shipping them. Weird thing, no special orders. She is new to this and I can see all the boo boos since I follow a lot of cookie makers. Anywhoooo enjoy:

http://thedoughmestichousewife.blogspot.com/?m=0

https://www.instagram.com/doughmestichousewife/?hl=en

She gave Famy some of her cookies around the time of the Famy wedding. I found the no special order rule strange too.
  • Love 1

All that hair flowing everywhere around food prep is just gross. Her cookies are pretty, but I can't believe people pay that much for sugar cookies and royal icing.

Drives me crazy. Not to mention no gloves when they were rolling those cookie balls. I don't exactly don a hazmat suit when I cook for myself and Mr. BitterApple, but if I'm entertaining a crowd, I'm super OCD about cleanliness.

• Love 5

Drives me crazy. Not to mention no gloves when they were rolling those cookie balls. I don't exactly don a hazmat suit when I cook for myself and Mr. BitterApple, but if I'm entertaining a crowd, I'm super OCD about cleanliness.

Oh don't worry, I'm sure they had Grossie Josie come over to lick the countertops before the cookies were rolled out!

• Love 4

Cannoli is the plural.

I was wondering who Sierra's sitter is too. In the past, I thought Joy was portrayed as her nanny. I guess Joy has had a job promotion to party planner protege. Joy has been helping with party planning for forever in Duggar time. Wasn't she Sierra's helper at Jessa's wedding?

Going a little off topic. What do Fundy furniture store managers make in Tonitown or wherever they live? How can Mr & Mrs Sierra afford 5+ kids with a stay at home mom with a party planning hobby? Does Sierra home school? Before we know, Sierra will have instruments in her kid's hands performing at various locales ala Duggars & Rodrigueses. I just had a vision of her chocolate dipped strawberries stuck on the ends of the kid's violin bows.

• Love 4
(edited)

All that hair flowing everywhere around food prep is just gross. Her cookies are pretty, but I can't believe people pay that much for sugar cookies and royal icing.

Especially poor fundie families.

What is "royal icing?"

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 2

Just finished watching Bringing Up Bates again and there is no comparison from one family to the next.  The Bates are so much fun!  Nathan has entered a courtship with a gal from the Bronx.  They front hug...so much more natural.  Kellie is always carrying around one of her grand kids.  She really loves them.  There is real affection in that family.  They may have very conservative religious values, but I'll bet they're fun to be around.  And re: Gil being on the board of Gothard's organization.  Just don't think he approves of what was going on there.  Perhaps remaining on the board to see that things get cleaned up? 

Waiting for all the protests!

• Love 3

Just finished watching Bringing Up Bates again and there is no comparison from one family to the next.  The Bates are so much fun!  Nathan has entered a courtship with a gal from the Bronx.  They front hug...so much more natural.  Kellie is always carrying around one of her grand kids.  She really loves them.  There is real affection in that family.  They may have very conservative religious values, but I'll bet they're fun to be around.  And re: Gil being on the board of Gothard's organization.  Just don't think he approves of what was going on there.  Perhaps remaining on the board to see that things get cleaned up? 

Waiting for all the protests!

That would be a good thing if he was part of the Gothard clean up crew!

• Love 2

Unfortunately, he was there when the board first backed Gothard, so I am not so hopeful about Gil's role there on that front. I bet he was brought on due to the visibility of his family as "shining examples" of Gothard's teachings.

He was there when the first scandals broke. Lawson feebly tried to claim Gil knew nothing. But shit, I have read Recovering Grace for years, so even *I* knew...supposedly before Gil. Sorry, but from most accounts, even those of the Duggars, this kind of behavior was rampant and likely swept under the rug by parents because HEY!!! Gothard does it and in their warped minds they think he's keeping pure.

Excuse me while I go throw up.

• Love 9

Oh Arwen, now you've done it. I'm now making up latin terms for the Duggars. So far I have

incrusto duggeri

incultus duggeri

incesto duggeri

obscencus familia duggeri

Yea those ancient italians had the Duggars pegged.

No actual latin terms were harmed in the making of the names. Yep all real latin words.

One could simply go on...there are several species in the genus: Fundamentalis

You have:

F. duggarii

F. kellerii

F. dillardii

F. rodriguii

F. gothardii

F. batesii

F. seewaldii

The possibilities for taxonomy abound...Linnaeus is turning in his grave I'm sure.

• Love 2
(edited)

Unfortunately, he was there when the board first backed Gothard, so I am not so hopeful about Gil's role there on that front. I bet he was brought on due to the visibility of his family as "shining examples" of Gothard's teachings.

He was there when the first scandals broke. Lawson feebly tried to claim Gil knew nothing. But shit, I have read Recovering Grace for years, so even *I* knew...supposedly before Gil. Sorry, but from most accounts, even those of the Duggars, this kind of behavior was rampant and likely swept under the rug by parents because HEY!!! Gothard does it and in their warped minds they think he's keeping pure.

Excuse me while I go throw up.

This times 10. It's quite clear from years of evidence that everybody in the cult most likely had some idea, long ago. And I see no evidence at all that anybody who remains -- especially anyone who's in power --  is interested in "cleaning up," considering the way they've treated Gothard since the stuff became more public, the kinds of statements they make, the way the people who claim harm continue to be regarded, etc. They're interested in papering it over, pretending that nothing happened, and continuing to make whatever money they can off the deal.

ETA: Sorry, Dangerousminds. Don't know how I got your name up there. And of course I can't delete it....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
(edited)

Sorry I can't believe I left off the most annoying and self righteous species.... F. maxwelli

One could simply go on...there are several species in the genus: Fundamentalis

You have:

F. duggarii

F. kellerii

F. dillardii

F. rodriguii

F. gothardii

F. batesii

F. seewaldii

The possibilities for taxonomy abound...Linnaeus is turning in his grave I'm sure.

Sorry I can't believe I left off the most annoying and self righteous species.... F. maxwelli

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 4

For reasons unknown even to myself, I perused a few of the posts on JRod's blog. She somehow manages to bring most of them back to how women should all be stay at home moms and parenting teens will be a joy if you just do it right (aka the way she is doing it). This kind of humble bragging is such a turn off. In the interested of full disclosure, I am a Christian and was a stay at home mom for many years, so I see people I know that are not nearly as conservative the species rodriguii or the species duggarii (love this) who still hold these type of people up as an example. As if producing a child makes every woman on earth want to be nothing other than a mom forever. As if no woman is capable of loving and parenting children, yet may still have other things to contribute to the world as well.

• Love 10

For reasons unknown even to myself, I perused a few of the posts on JRod's blog. She somehow manages to bring most of them back to how women should all be stay at home moms and parenting teens will be a joy if you just do it right (aka the way she is doing it). This kind of humble bragging is such a turn off. In the interested of full disclosure, I am a Christian and was a stay at home mom for many years, so I see people I know that are not nearly as conservative the species rodriguii or the species duggarii (love this) who still hold these type of people up as an example. As if producing a child makes every woman on earth want to be nothing other than a mom forever. As if no woman is capable of loving and parenting children, yet may still have other things to contribute to the world as well.

I have met people who think these species are role models too. Many really stun me but then when I start talking to them I find out that they really just know the public image and take that at face value. They look at Michelle and assume she is a loving mother who just believes in having as many kids as she wants. They assume that they really do educate their kids. I'm even surprised to discover that many don't know of their affiliation with Gothard. Of course the scandal threw a lot of this stuff into the light but before that they just assumed the Duggars were a sweet family who happened to have lots of kids and old fashioned values. 

• Love 5

When I first saw the Duggars, I didn't see anything wrong.  It took a little while before the horror of it settled on me.

These women are not really stay at home moms.  They work.  It's not in the sense that I work, but they are income producing.  So their bullshit is just that.  Jill writes and sings and drags the kids to perform at church and does make up videos and anything else she can think of.  Anything for a buck.  Sierra does her party planning and cookies, her friend Holly does cookies, Michelle does speaking engagements, or did,   There isn't one who isn't making money.  Even Jessa with her speaking trips.  

• Love 1

I think these women have cute little Gothard approved side gigs because their husbands ain't getting it done in terms of providing for the family. I mean seriously, Sierra's husband is supporting five kids on a retail salary? He must get one hell of a commission at Sam's. David R's printing business is a joke and Bin Seewald is never seen doing anything besides entering and exiting the kitchen door. Now, Boob has money, but Michelle is just an extreme narcissist who feeds off the attention.

• Love 10

Ah the Maxhells. Seeing as it is early Sunday morning, I perused a wee bit on their page and now wish I hadn't.

From a few older posts, going back some years, Terrified Maxhell decides that her daughter in laws are slovenly slatternly sluts (how do you do those trademarks??? Edit, by putting them in brackets I now see) and feels that their windows need cleaning. Did she check with them to see if they WANT them done or if it's convenient? Of course not. To top it off, she makes her daughters do the work and "graciously" lets them have an hour on Saturday to get it done. Right..........

Birthday for Sarah - they go bit by bit to describe what "fun" they do for birthdays. Like working, exercising, cooking. Excuse me while I'm off to shoot myself. Cue 2010 where they mention that their eldest daughter, whatever her name is , might meet a man soon. Oh how I laughed.

WHAT is wrong with those people? I don't think I've ever seen anyone who has so little sense of fun and enjoyment.

Edited by MunichNark
  • Love 8

Ah the Maxhells. Seeing as it is early Sunday morning, I perused a wee bit on their page and now wish I hadn't.

From a few older posts, going back some years, Terrified Maxhell decides that her daughter in laws are slovenly slatternly sluts (how do you do those trademarks??? Edit, by putting them in brackets I now see) and feels that their windows need cleaning. Did she check with them to see if they WANT them done or if it's convenient? Of course not. To top it off, she makes her daughters do the work and "graciously" lets them have an hour on Saturday to get it done. Right..........

Birthday for Sarah - they go bit by bit to describe what "fun" they do for birthdays. Like working, exercising, cooking. Excuse me while I'm off to shoot myself. Cue 2010 where they mention that their eldest daughter, whatever her name is , might meet a man soon. Oh how I laughed.

WHAT is wrong with those people? I don't think I've ever seen anyone who has so little sense of fun and enjoyment.

I would love to know the numbers of true stay at home daughters in regard to marriage. It seems Jill's & Jessa's TV career helped them, Alyssa Bates met her husband by volunteering during an election, Michael met Brandon at one of those homeschool events, and I can't remember how Erin met Chad.

How many of these women remain single and at home for the rest of their lives? The men too? And what do they think of themselves if their quiver remains empty when they're taught that producing arrows is their main goal in life?

Gothard didn't think his warped ways all the way through. Or did he? Maybe he wants to make young folks lives sexless lives, like he did.

• Love 3

When I first saw the Duggars, I didn't see anything wrong.  It took a little while before the horror of it settled on me.

I think this is a very common situation. I know it was true for me as well. The thing is they know the lingo. Quotes that we now know are just another sign of their neglect can sound quite reasonable if you don't know the context. For example, on one of the threads recently there was a discussion about something Michele said in reference to JB's issues as a child and how now their children are lucky because they don't have to certain expectations of how their children learn. For homeschoolers, this is a common idea. Many homeschool because public schools are notorious for not meeting the needs of kids who don't fit a particular mold. So if you don't know that Michele doesn't actually do school at all, you'd assume she just meant she can tailor their education and give them what they need and you think - that's so great. But in reality they have no expectations at all. 

• Love 7

Steve Maxhell is the warden of his self-imposed prison for those girls. It's a shame that they will never be "allowed" to leave. I can't see any man wanting to marry into that family either. 

• Love 4

How come in most of these funless families women and children do all of the work?  Child care, grooming, feeding, washing - women and children are tasked to do these things.  Child education - women and children do the work.  Cleaning - women and children.  Cooking - women and children.  Starring in TV shows - mostly children and women.  Singing and playing instruments for donations - children.  What do the men do?  Most don't earn enough to support a dozen or more kids.  Most live in poverty expecting donations. Unless they hit it with a TV show where the children have to act happy they live in cramped houses where the women and children do everything.Yet God bless the man who takes care of his family, ,lol.

• Love 8

http://blog.titus2.com/2016/04/09/work-day-at-gigis/

Why does the Maxhell family have to do everything together, all the time! Do any of them work normal jobs, or are they all at the beck and call of daddy Maxwell, the umbrella's Headship of them all!

Because when a parent is a sick fuck -- I'm looking at you, Steve -- he/she insists on treating everyone in the family as only an extension of him/her self. That means constant contact to whatever degree that's possible. It's the family is slime mold.

• Love 5

Aw now I wouldn't demean a slime mold. They serve a purpose unlike the Duggars, the Dillards, the Binessas, and the Maxhells. How about they are just slime, which serves no purpose.

Didn't intend to insult the mold! I was just trying to describe how the families move. All moving as one, crawling along as one being, even though they're many.

Taking "slime" as an insult, though -- Yeah, the parents are slime. Not the kids, though. They're victims. And having been one of them, I'd add that it's very very hard to escape the mold. Probably virtually impossible for some people, unfortunately.

• Love 7