Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Odd, because both David and Pris are attractive people. I can't figure out who Davia looks like because it sure isn't either one of her parents.

ITA she certainly doesn't looks like her cousins, the M kids, nor does she look like David. Milkman's kid?

• Love 1

Davia actually reminds me of David's brother, Adam. (See the "Adam Loves Valerie" link on the page.) Adam and Valerie win the award for most unattractive fundie couple, and I say that with zero malice, because I am not particularly attractive either!

Actually, has anyone heard anything about Adam and Valerie lately? They seem to have stopped updating their blog almost two years ago and I can't find out anything about them.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 3

WHOA. I got around to the video finally. I'm speechless. Literally: "We are so grateful that God has blessed us with another little…chi-yuld!" TFDW: "Ya. So, anyway." And seriously, what is WRONG with Priscilla? There is something wrong with her. That has got to be an act she's putting on (badly) or SOMETHING. They're both high. They HAVE to be both high. On ACID. They both look and speak EXACTLY like they're peaking on acid. I can't believe these people are in charge of children. I can't believe it. I just can't. I don't…I can't. *flails*

• Love 15

Ha... you could tell Priscilla was reciting one of the favorite talking points, that wives need emotional bonding, and that husbands need, well, as Boob would say, Hey hey hey! Or sweet fellowship... I'll stop so we don't need too much brain bleach. But poor Priscilla is probably confused because despite what she was told about husbands frequently wanting sex, she has to pressure TFDW into it so they can try to catch up with Anna's four. She's probably excited that Anna has lost time with Josh in rehab!

• Love 6

Alright everybody giving Pris a hard time for her acid induced video, if we are to be fair it's really no worse than all of her other videos.  There's the Mother's Day video, the getting ready for company on Easter video, the one with 'Mrs' Duggar where she outdoes the great M hersef, another one a few years ago with sister Anna where even Anna looks at her like she's crazy. She's got a whole collection of don't help me because I'm a nut videos with more to come I'm sure.  So let us,PTL, keep this in perspective and know that it's just Pris being Pris and nothing has drastically matured her in any way.  Not even two young children.  She's like this for life guys.

• Love 5

WHOA. I got around to the video finally. I'm speechless. Literally: "We are so grateful that God has blessed us with another little…chi-yuld!" TFDW: "Ya. So, anyway." And seriously, what is WRONG with Priscilla? There is something wrong with her. That has got to be an act she's putting on (badly) or SOMETHING. They're both high. They HAVE to be both high. On ACID. They both look and speak EXACTLY like they're peaking on acid. I can't believe these people are in charge of children. I can't believe it. I just can't. I don't…I can't. *flails*

We have to go to lunch.

• Love 2

Alright everybody giving Pris a hard time for her acid induced video, if we are to be fair it's really no worse than all of her other videos.  There's the Mother's Day video, the getting ready for company on Easter video, the one with 'Mrs' Duggar where she outdoes the great M hersef, another one a few years ago with sister Anna where even Anna looks at her like she's crazy. She's got a whole collection of don't help me because I'm a nut videos with more to come I'm sure.  So let us,PTL, keep this in perspective and know that it's just Pris being Pris and nothing has drastically matured her in any way.  Not even two young children.  She's like this for life guys.

Oh yes, defrauder! I have watched all of Princilla's videos more than once! She absolutely amazes me! My first experience with her videos was the one with Michelle on encouraging daughters OMG!!! You are quite right. Princilla is being Princilla! Along with a whole lot of brainwashed indoctrination!

• Love 2

Oh yes, defrauder! I have watched all of Princilla's videos more than once! She absolutely amazes me! My first experience with her videos was the one with Michelle on encouraging daughters OMG!!! You are quite right. Princilla is being Princilla! Along with a whole lot of brainwashed indoctrination!

Pris is like a giddy 10 year old trapped inside a woman's body.   Watching her is like watching some rare experiment with nature on the insanity channel. It's bizarre.  You feel sorry for her - but then she's all happy and oblivious so you think what she doesn't know won't hurt her.  I've even wondered if I could suddenly tap into her hysteria and deal with my problems with utter delight but am not able to because of some strange sense of logic and reason so I marvel at her ability to throw sense, logic and reason right out the window and be giddidly pleased with just about everything at all times, even her fab. husband. Serious accidental talent she has. 

• Love 13

Pris is like a giddy 10 year old trapped inside a woman's body.   Watching her is like watching some rare experiment with nature on the insanity channel. It's bizarre.  You feel sorry for her - but then she's all happy and oblivious so you think what she doesn't know won't hurt her.  I've even wondered if I could suddenly tap into her hysteria and deal with my problems with utter delight but am not able to because of some strange sense of logic and reason so I marvel at her ability to throw sense, logic and reason right out the window and be giddidly pleased with just about everything at all times, even her fab. husband. Serious accidental talent she has. 

Many folks trip over their words because they're thinking faster than they can talk. Priscilla on the other hand sounds like she is using words as place holders while waiting for her brain to catch up. I wonder if she has to file through all these 'scary' negative thoughts to grab onto some joyful biblical speak.

Thought - This is what marriage is? Spoken - Uhm, books & the Bible teach me (thought - my marriage sucks) that men have different needs.

Thought - I thought Valentine's Day was when the husband romances the wife. Spoken - Yeess, God teaches us not to expect (thought - he didn't even give me chocolates), uhm things or love, but teaches us to, (thought - or a single rose) give to and love others. God bleess yoouuu.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9

Priscilla is trying very, very hard to convince herself her life doesn't suck. David is going to lose it very soon.

I think David will (barely) hold it together as long as the Gothard empire keeps providing him with a position that makes him feel secure and powerful. But when the organization inevitably crumbles (through dwindling membership, public scandals, lawsuits, competing factions and Bill Gothard's eventual death) and he is left adrift with his whole purpose in life gone, then he will experience a massive implosion. God help poor, dim Priscilla and the kids when that day arrives.

• Love 15

Many folks trip over their words because they're thinking faster than they can talk. Priscilla on the other hand sounds like she is using words as place holders while waiting for her brain to catch up. I wonder if she has to file through all these 'scary' negative thoughts to grab onto some joyful biblical speak.

Thought - This is what marriage is? Spoken - Uhm, books & the Bible teach me (thought - my marriage sucks) that men have different needs.

Thought - I thought Valentine's Day was when the husband romances the wife. Spoken - Yeess, God teaches us not to expect (thought - he didn't even give me chocolates), uhm things or love, but teaches us to, (thought - or a single rose) give to and love others. God bleess yoouuu.

Excellent analysis.  I wish you could be Priscilla's therapist. 

• Love 2

I think David will (barely) hold it together as long as the Gothard empire keeps providing him with a position that makes him feel secure and powerful. But when the organization inevitably crumbles (through dwindling membership, public scandals, lawsuits, competing factions and Bill Gothard's eventual death) and he is left adrift with his whole purpose in life gone, then he will experience a massive implosion. God help poor, dim Priscilla and the kids when that day arrives.

Amen. When the rest of us loses a job, we get another. But for the Gothardite men, this will be a big challenge going out in the public to get a new job. We know they don't believe in women as superiors or even as coworkers, so how will they survive? I'm including Brandon (Bates) Keilen in this group but I guess he could just join the Bates Tree service.

• Love 5

Pris is like a giddy 10 year old trapped inside a woman's body. Watching her is like watching some rare experiment with nature on the insanity channel. It's bizarre. You feel sorry for her - but then she's all happy and oblivious so you think what she doesn't know won't hurt her. I've even wondered if I could suddenly tap into her hysteria and deal with my problems with utter delight but am not able to because of some strange sense of logic and reason so I marvel at her ability to throw sense, logic and reason right out the window and be giddidly pleased with just about everything at all times, even her fab. husband. Serious accidental talent she has.

In theory this should make her the absolute perfect Gothard wife. In reality, David look alike he wants to shake her by the shoulders and/or spank her (100% in a punishing disobedience way, 0% in a fetish way).

• Love 3

Yes, we do have to go to lunch. :D

• Love 1

Everything you all said times 1000! The snark on TFDW is most delicious....would love to join the fray, but I've got to head to work....Ill be back thus eve...thanks for the giggles.

This is my fault...all I did was say this past weekend ...I wonder why we haven't heard from David and Prissy lately...wonder if they're going to announce a blessing soon....poor simple Prissy.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2

Trying to get into Priscilla's head to figure out why she broke the news of a new arrival with, as David says, with a very special note'.  Ten miles away, let him cool down first? I don't know. Note: We're expecting again! See you later.  Note: Surprise - another one on the way! Note - Guess what - I'm pregnant again! Note - I know you're exhausted from fixing up this house but we need another nursery!  Note - Happy Valentine's Day the safest day to tell you #3 is coming!  

• Love 2

David Waller's you tube channel updated yesterday takes us through Priscilla's fantasy life as she films the crew working on the house.  It's can't miss video that may top them all people.  2 young children wandering through a construction zone carrying pointy objects, someone working on a room he calls the war room, and David looking absolutely miserable and over his head while Priscilla keeps filming in her sing sing voice telling everyone how blessed they are.  No wonder she gave David a pregnancy note, he looks devastated. 

• Love 1

Okay, wow...I read on this thread but never post, because I can barely deal with the Duggars, let alone their friends and extended family.  But have mercy, I could only watch 1:30 of that video before literally shuddering and turning it off.  That woman's voice...is that how she sounds all the time?!  And I was waiting for the little boy to drop the heavy sheet of drywall directly on his sister's hand while Mommy videotaped and narrated.  What in the actual *^&%?  

I wish I hadn't seen, nor heard, any of it.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8

In that candid video, Priscilla speaks much more normally than she does in all the "scripted" ones. (There are other instances of her "normal" speaking too, like the episodes she appeared in on 19K.) I wonder if her weird speech patterns have more to do with her trying very hard to please her husband and being nervous about keeping to the talking points than it does with her mental abilities.

Yeah, it's got to be an act, at least partially. Nobody could possibly be that thick and still be able to function independently.

Functioning independently is the key phrase  here.  She's obliviously allowing her two young toddlers to do whatever they want in a literal construction zone.  Paul is about to drop a piece of sheet rock on his sister's head who is herself toddling around littered floors with a pointy object.  As much as we would want it to be an act who does that?  She really is who she portrays herself to be however unfortunate we find that to be. Remember too this is the woman who compared getting married to being crucified and declared that love is not an emotion.  Priscilla is an anomaly to normal functioning humans as we know them. We must accept it.

• Love 9

David Waller's you tube channel updated yesterday takes us through Priscilla's fantasy life as she films the crew working on the house.  It's can't miss video that may top them all people.  2 young children wandering through a construction zone carrying pointy objects, someone working on a room he calls the war room, and David looking absolutely miserable and over his head while Priscilla keeps filming in her sing sing voice telling everyone how blessed they are.  No wonder she gave David a pregnancy note, he looks devastated. 

You shouldn't be in a construction zone on acid, Priscilla.

• Love 6

Paul is about to drop a piece of sheet rock on his sister's head who is herself toddling around littered floors with a pointy object.  As much as we would want it to be an act who does that?

The Duggars seem to also. Then again, it's also clear something isn't quite right with their brains either :P

• Love 4

Okay, wow...I read on this thread but never post, because I can barely deal with the Duggars, let alone their friends and extended family.  But have mercy, I could only watch 1:30 of that video before literally shuddering and turning it off.  That woman's voice...is that how she sounds all the time?!  And I was waiting for the little boy to drop the heavy sheet of drywall directly on his sister's hand while Mommy videotaped and narrated.  What in the actual *^&%?  

I wish I hadn't seen, nor heard, any of it.

Just an average day at the Wallers.  Yes that really is Priscilla's real voice.  They have tons of videos and in each one she's a lunatic.  Dave is well, fab, which is fine except he's married to her and bless her oblivious soul she has no idea.  Paul and Davia must have angels looking over them to survive every day and she believes her 2 year old is reciting meaningful passages from the bible when we all know he's just babbling.  Pretty soon Paul will be a 3 year old, the age when they tell them they're doomed to a horrible place of torment called hell for all of eternity unless they believe in the love of Jesus and accept him as savior.  

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 6

I think she sounds much more coherent and less squeaky rehearsed in that construction video. I think she's brainwashed and wired beyond recovery to normal conversation, but when she isn't trying to recall specific terms and rehearsed facts, she is far more coherent.

• Love 1

In that candid video, Priscilla speaks much more normally than she does in all the "scripted" ones. (There are other instances of her "normal" speaking too, like the episodes she appeared in on 19K.) I wonder if her weird speech patterns have more to do with her trying very hard to please her husband and being nervous about keeping to the talking points than it does with her mental abilities.

Yeah, it's got to be an act, at least partially. Nobody could possibly be that thick and still be able to function independently.

Maybe the construction is distracting, whereas she's self-conscious/has stage fright, when someone stands her in a silent lawn tableau and says "Now, Pris, dazzle us extemporaneously explaining the likes of "grace" and "transubstantiation"."  Strikes me easier to describe active stuff like construction.

• Love 2

Can anyone tell me why Pris is sooo E XXX C IIII T E D to have a room called the war room?

War Room was a hit Christian movie last year. It's basically another way to refer to a prayer closet (the war being a spiritual one).

• Love 6

The baby announcement video...WTH??? I couldn't understand 85% of what she said. Part of me agrees that she's mentally challenged and another part wonders if it's a cry for help. Blink three times if you need rescue, Pris! 

Just in case it's both - one long blink.

• Love 1

War Room was a hit Christian movie last year. It's basically another way to refer to a prayer closet (the war being a spiritual one).

I looked it up on Wikipedia yesterday. They should have just called it PRAYER CLOSET. All you need is a tiny private space to cast your spells and God HAS to answer them, its IN THE BIBLE!

But really, the woman prayers for her marriage and her husband throws up right before he's about to cheat. Guess Anna missed this one. Shame.

• Love 3

I looked it up on Wikipedia yesterday. They should have just called it PRAYER CLOSET. All you need is a tiny private space to cast your spells and God HAS to answer them, its IN THE BIBLE!

But really, the woman prayers for her marriage and her husband throws up right before he's about to cheat. Guess Anna missed this one. Shame.

They better be careful, a war room sounds a little like the attic in Charmed.

You shouldn't be in a construction zone on acid, Priscilla.

Aja and Defrauder are on a roll today! Love ya'll! Thank God I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read your posts... Would have all come out thru my nose...I was peeing my pants laughing .

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1

Repressing every single genuine human emotion takes a toll on one's bod. Carrying around and spouting relentless, unfelt joy, sweetness, and all those bombardments of blessings from the lord is a lot of work. Daily life is reduced to studying the bible. AGAIN. Being obsequiously grateful. Joyfully available. Sex with no hope of protection from yet another child. Living in hovels. ALL THE WHILE having to pretend to oneself that THIS life is is all you ever really wanted.

OMG...this absolutely clinches it! In a nutshell this is The Fundie Creed! Its homily...its mantra...its codex...all distilled and condensed to perfectly describe what we on the outside see..a repressed, false, constipated and painful existence!

Fun in Fundieland, you nailed it!!! Now just I'm waiting for Razz, Churchie, and GeeGolly to have a go!

• Love 5

OMG...this absolutely clinches it! In a nutshell this is The Fundie Creed! Its homily...its mantra...its codex...all distilled and condensed to perfectly describe what we on the outside see..a repressed, false, constipated and painful existence!

Fun in Fundieland, you nailed it!!! Now just I'm waiting for Razz, Churchie, and GeeGolly to have a go!

Hmmm. I called David a Hitler Youth with a lobotomy pick in his back pocket, so not sure if I could top that descriptions. Unfortunately, the Lord did not just so happen to ordain me large, jolly, or black, nor did he laid it upon my heart to become a policeman, so i've run out of jollyness an wit for the day.

When Priscilla out-Michelled Michelle - without trying out out Michelle her - on that Mother's day encouragement video, Prisc formed a special place in my heart. I seriously do think she's sincerely, honestly, 150% trying her hardest to follow all those rules and do the correct thing, and it's really hard to keep up with all that. If she'd just let if flow and stop trying to check off a list, she'd be more satisfied.

I'll say it again - as snarkworthy and as easy as those to make it to poke fun - DAVID SCARES ME. Like seriously, he's scary. Like the love child of Dr. Mengele and Deloris Umbridge. On top of all that blond hair and grinning, he just comes off as having a really unnerving, underlying cruel and malicious streak, and I fear for Priscilla. He seems like the type who would torment her, just because he can. He'd also blame her for any problem or unhappiness, and torment her further. She's trying her hardest, and we all have speculations about his leanings, in addition to him being so condescending and also really high up on the Gothard food chain. That says a lot about his loyalties and his character, and what it says scares me.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 18

The baby announcement video...WTH??? I couldn't understand 85% of what she said. Part of me agrees that she's mentally challenged and another part wonders if it's a cry for help. Blink three times if you need rescue, Pris!

She'd fall asleep.

Seriously?

Hmmm. I called David a Hitler Youth with a lobotomy pick in his back pocket, so not sure if I could top that descriptions. Unfortunately, the Lord did not just so happen to ordain me large, jolly, or black, nor did he laid it upon my heart to become a policeman, so i've run out of jollyness an wit for the day.

When Priscilla out-Michelled Michelle - without trying out out Michelle her - on that Mother's day encouragement video, Prisc formed a special place in my heart. I seriously do think she's sincerely, honestly, 150% trying her hardest to follow all those rules and do the correct thing, and it's really hard to keep up with all that. If she'd just let if flow and stop trying to check off a list, she'd be more satisfied.

I'll say it again - as snarkworthy and as easy as those to make it to poke fun - DAVID SCARES ME. Like seriously, he's scary. Like the love child of Dr. Mengele and Deloris Umbridge. On top of all that blond hair and grinning, he just comes off as having a really unnerving, underlying cruel and malicious streak, and I fear for Priscilla. He seems like the type who would torment her, just because he can. He'd also blame her for any problem or unhappiness, and torment her further. She's trying her hardest, and we all have speculations about his leanings, in addition to him being so condescending and also really high up on the Gothard food chain. That says a lot about his loyalties and his character, and what it says scares me.

Hitler youth. Spot ON! He reminds ne of that creep with the dungeon in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

A 45 minute hair tutorial from JRod. I got through about five minutes, after which I had to turn it off when she plastered a poor little boy's hair with half a can of hairspray, then topped it off with some mousse, then another coating of shellack for good measure! I think they may use more hairspray than the Duggars! 

You don't have to watch it; I just want to prove that this craziness actually exists! LOL

• Love 2

Yes!!!! OMG....Love child of Dr. Mengele and Dolores Umbridge...perfection! I got a second look at his photo and he definitely has a very smug Aryan look about him. Perhaps there's a reason Poor Simple Prissy compared marrying David to crucifiction...there's just something very cold about David Valler!

• Love 3