Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Sierra dropped her latest edition today. Edyn Grace. That is practically normal after fucking Spurgeon.

Edyn. Of course. Complete with the white trash spelling.

I will give her credit for having enough sense to deliver at the hospital, though.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9

I looked at the Willis family website, both the 17 and 16 year old sons have shirtless 6 pack ab flaunting photos on their bio pages. No Duggar could or would ever do that.

Seems like the dad used the settlement money to quit his job and become a full time stage parent.

To be fair. shirtless Duggars might not look so pretty.

• Love 9

Edyn pairs with non-biblical sister Ellyn. She likes her some Y as a vowel.

My neighborhood once Italian is mainly Polish now. The Polish love to spell their names with a Y instead of an I. I'm used to it but  I would have stuck with Eden a lot more classy than misspelling it.

• Love 2

Edyn pairs with non-biblical sister Ellyn. She likes her some Y as a vowel.

The only person who was ever able to insert a random "y" in her name and pull it off with style was Edith Gormezano, better known as the late, great Eydie Gormé.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 8

I've read that smarter people are easier to indoctrinate if they're receptive, they're simply just quicker on the uptake.

In other news, I had to post this. I cannot believe Sierra is 25.

2w6up78.jpg

Sierra must have had a really rough life, prior to becoming the Duggars' go-to event planner/baby-sitter at least. This is the oldest-looking "25-year old" I've ever seen. These days it's usually the opposite. Someone is actually 50 and we're guessing 35 or 40 tops. 

• Love 4

Wow. I just turned 36. Sierra confused me, because I seriously thought she was the same age as me, but Sierra is a name that started getting popular with people 10-15 years younger. If Sierra is only 25, then her name makes more sense. But wow. I guess back to back pregnancies will do that to you. 

She'd also look younger if she'd cut off two feet of that hair or stop styling it like a teenager. When will women (or some men, I guess) learn that you don't have to dress as an elderly person, but shopping in the Jrs. dept and styling your hair like a high schooler AGES YOU, no matter how fit your body is. Mutton dressed as lamb and all.

Her husband isn't bad looking, but looks like he's lost a lot of weight with saggy skin.

• Love 4

JimBob's orgasm-grimace still haunts my nightmares. Don't need to see the rest.

If I was a Mod I'd have to ban you for putting that image in my mind.  (Edited to add I'm just kidding).

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 3

Well, 4 kids in 4 years, makes one assume she is older too. Not so much the norm these days.

Actually, it's 5 kids in 5 years. She's been knocked up since she was about 20 (she just turned 26 about a month ago). 

All this, and she's only one kid ahead of Anna, who's only a year older. Anna looks great now that she's lost all of that weight. 

• Love 6

Sierra could be a stand-in for Allison Arngrim.

Oh, thank you !!! That had been rattling around in my head for far too long ! 

And that picture !!! Jeez - it looks like a late-90s TV promo for a "Friends" knock-off series !!! Look how wacky and spontaneous we are !

• Love 8

That Sierra (whoever that is, never heard of her) up there....is she highlighting her husband's Man Boobs? If so, gee thanks.

Judging by that pic of Jezza (the way Bin says her name) and Bin, little Spurge is going to look more like Jay Leno than anyone else. Maybe Bin was stuffed up when he revealed the name ....maybe it's Serge and his middle name is Jannelliot.

• Love 5

Wow. I just turned 36. Sierra confused me, because I seriously thought she was the same age as me, but Sierra is a name that started getting popular with people 10-15 years younger. If Sierra is only 25, then her name makes more sense. But wow. I guess back to back pregnancies will do that to you. 

She'd also look younger if she'd cut off two feet of that hair or stop styling it like a teenager. When will women (or some men, I guess) learn that you don't have to dress as an elderly person, but shopping in the Jrs. dept and styling your hair like a high schooler AGES YOU, no matter how fit your body is. Mutton dressed as lamb and all.

Her husband isn't bad looking, but looks like he's lost a lot of weight with saggy skin.

Absolutely. Sierra and all the Duggars need a whole season of What Not to Wear to be exclusively about them. One of the best shows TLC ever did, not that there's a lot in the running there. I can't imagine what they'd look like after Stacey and Clinton got finished with them. I only know it would be better - much better.

• Love 7

Absolutely. Sierra and all the Duggars need a whole season of What Not to Wear to be exclusively about them. One of the best shows TLC ever did, not that there's a lot in the running there. I can't imagine what they'd look like after Stacey and Clinton got finished with them. I only know it would be better - much better.

Oh no, could you imagine Clinton & Stacey when they would be saying, "too short" "too low" "no sleeves" "has a slit" "eye trap"? They would roll their eyes and run.

• Love 7

Sierra must have had a really rough life, prior to becoming the Duggars' go-to event planner/baby-sitter at least. This is the oldest-looking "25-year old" I've ever seen. These days it's usually the opposite. Someone is actually 50 and we're guessing 35 or 40 tops.

I honestly thought she was about a decade older than she is, too. She must be very unhappy with her life; I can't imagine what else could put that much stress on a person. (Unless of course she is suffering from illness, in which case, my apologies.)

• Love 4

Pregnancy does tend to change women's faces for some reason, maybe it's the hormones? Five of them in as many years would age you, especially if you insist on wearing frumpy clothes and jewellery my grandmother would fancy. Her skin still looks good though.

• Love 6

Pregnancy does tend to change women's faces for some reason, maybe it's the hormones? Five of them in as many years would age you, especially if you insist on wearing frumpy clothes and jewellery my grandmother would fancy. Her skin still looks good though.

Good point. What must her body be thinking? 9 months pregnant, a few months breast feeding, maybe one month with a period, then repeat. She's probably has had less than 10 periods in 5 years.

• Love 4

I'm thinking that caring for five kids under five/six (or previously, 4 kids) while continuously pregnant or post-partum would age you really fast, especially if you're also working outside of the home part-time as a "party planner." I'd be damn exhausted and I bet I'd look a heck of a lot older than I was too.

I have one child, work full-time outside of the home, and since hubby works overnight and most weekends and we have no family close by, I do almost all of the childcare when baby is home and the majority of the cooking & housework as well. I look at pictures before I got pregnant a couple of years ago and it looks like I've aged 4 years instead of less than two. And I use moisturizer, sunscreen, and am good about keeping my fair-skinned self out of the sun between 10am-2pm for any length of time (as dermatologists suggest). It's no surprise to me that this 26 year old looks older than I do at 32.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 11

No prenatal vitamin can compensate for all of the nutrients five back to back pregnancies, and probably breastfeeding, literally suck out of a person. She's probably severely lacking sleep, too. 

Some of them wind up so drained by the permapregnancies that the teeth fall out too. Dentures before 35 are a tragedy in a modern country.

• Love 7

He was? He must be a lot older than she is. He now works at Sam's Furniture, a Christian-owned and operated place. A friend has speculated that Ben might be working there based on the fact that Jessa and Sierra pregnancy-posed a couple of weeks ago (at least that's when Sierra first posted it) with matching Sam's tees. 

• Love 2

I'm kind of bummed that David Waller didn't entertain us with another Halloween fictional take about how he magically converted the little Greek Goddesses who showed up at his door.  Then again he doesn't have a leg to stand on anymore since he praised the Duggars for dressing up like pirates for free donuts. 

• Love 5

I'm dying to know how much David makes at Gothard HQ. That suburb they live in looks very nice and upscale and Pris is doing her grocery shopping at Trader Joe's. Maybe their housing is provided for free, but they're definitely not rolling up pennies to keep their lights on.

• Love 5

I'm dying to know how much David makes at Gothard HQ. That suburb they live in looks very nice and upscale and Pris is doing her grocery shopping at Trader Joe's. Maybe their housing is provided for free, but they're definitely not rolling up pennies to keep their lights on.

The whole organization is moving to Big Sandy. I wonder how David fares in Texas.
  • Love 2

With all those rugged, strapping cowboys walking around I'm sure our Davey will be in Seventh Heaven:)

He'll be sunburnt day one, and he'll be asking a strapping Texan to help him rub ointment on his back. "No, that's too high, lower. Lower. Lower!"

Giant belt buckle, Stetson and boots have already been ordered.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

I have been spending way too much time here lately. I had a dream I was a Gothardite and Jessa and Sierra were my best friends. I was so happy in the dream. Please don't let that happen to me! Save me, pTV!!!

Anyway, I was creeping on Zach and Whitney's instagram and Bradley is one adorable little lad! All the Bateses' grandchildren are so stinking cute.

• Love 2

I have been spending way too much time here lately. I had a dream I was a Gothardite and Jessa and Sierra were my best friends. I was so happy in the dream. Please don't let that happen to me! Save me, pTV!!!

Anyway, I was creeping on Zach and Whitney's instagram and Bradley is one adorable little lad! All the Bateses' grandchildren are so stinking cute.

I need help then I had a power nap the other afternoon and I dreamt that Khloe Kardashian gave me a side hug.

• Love 3

The Bates need to give the Duggars a lesson on how to use social media without alienating everyone, because Zach and Whitney's Instagram account is very inviting, happy, and sunshine-y. Now compare that to Ben and Jessa's gloom and doom Instagram accounts...

Yikes!

Bradley is a doll, I just want to stick a bow on him and set him on a shelf, he's so freaking cute. I agree the other grandkids are adorable as well. Carson looks just like his dad and Allie is a dead ringer for Gil's mother.

• Love 3

The Bates need to give the Duggars a lesson on how to use social media without alienating everyone, because Zach and Whitney's Instagram account is very inviting, happy, and sunshine-y. Now compare that to Ben and Jessa's gloom and doom Instagram accounts...

Yikes!

I like the Willis Family

Hehe...there was a spot on my screen and when I stopped scrolling on the pic, it looked like Sierra had a bindi! I confess, it took me a moment of marvelling at the non sequitur before I realised it was the screen. 

ETA: And what are they trying to say with their hands? "That's right, y'all. These wild and crazy guys knocked us up!" ?

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 3

Bradley is a doll, I just want to stick a bow on him and set him on a shelf, he's so freaking cute. I agree the other grandkids are adorable as well. Carson looks just like his dad and Allie is a dead ringer for Gil's mother.

I love me some Bradley. He needs to be a model. He is gorgeous and always so happy. He could pull in good money for his parents for sure.

• Love 1

A cold good morning to you lot over there, hope your Thanksgiving was pleasant.

I took a look at TFDW Instagram - they are not an attractive family, but then, that's not their fault. Their daughter is pretty weird looking though, I hope she will grow into her looks as she'll have a miserable life in that cult if she's ugly.

What's with Priscilla's posture? Her shoulders always stoop. To say nothing of her scrunched up face. Now that's a family that needs intervention badly. I always fear for her as I think she's not that smart, believes every bit of crap that she's being told and I truly believe that TFDW has some VERY dark undercurrents

• Love 4

The Wallers and their spouses are severely looks-challenged. Sadly, they can't make up for this with their intellect. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/-kqqKVAqZw/?taken-by=davidncil

I'll show myself to the prayer closet. I certainly know the way. :D

I can't even.... anyone notice how David is sitting? I don't think we have to say out loud that he looks super.....  I can hear him saying "Heyyyy!" Poor everyone in this strange conservative cult. 

• Love 4