Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings, Scheduling, and Watching for Cancellation/Renewal

4 hours ago, taurusrose said:

If this show doesn't get cancelled I don't know what.  Overnight ratings are in. the. toilet.  The lowest of the season.  I'm sure Mison's slavish fans will be able to see him on something one day.  If not, oh, well.  Life's a bitch.

And  honestly.... If not, then they themselves are in part to blame. Cause it's not like an attractive white guy with an accent is gonna ever be toxic in this industry. If he doesn't sign on to anything its exactly because he's just done with it. And his infantile slobbering fans are gonna have to question whether they had a part in that.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, DJG1122 said:

I understand the BBC is looking for a new Dr Who.....

I'm not a Mison stan, but I'd love to see him on Doctor Who. I don't think he has the gravitas to play the Doctor, but he'd be fun to watch in at least one episode. Maybe a one time companion. 

Back on topic: Those ratings warm the cold cockles of my petty heart. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LeeLeePanda said:

I'm not a Mison stan, but I'd love to see him on Doctor Who. I don't think he has the gravitas to play the Doctor, but he'd be fun to watch in at least one episode. Maybe a one time companion. 

Back on topic: Those ratings warm the cold cockles of my petty heart. 

I could never get into Dr. Who.  But the part in bold?  Oh, yeah.  Evil laugh.

• Love 5

Why are they waiting so long to announce this? The longer it takes, the more it looks like a renewal (to me). I HATE the idea that all of the bad decisions by TPTB, all the mistreatment of the cast, the dismissal of the fans, and the huge drop in quality may actually be rewarded...AGAIN.

The only thing I watch on Fox now is Lucifer, and that was just to try to fill the Sleepy Hollow void. I didn't let myself fall in love with Lucifer, because I have no faith in Fox, but so far so good.

I don't foresee watching very much on Fox in the future...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, shanndee said:

Why are they waiting so long to announce this? The longer it takes, the more it looks like a renewal (to me). I HATE the idea that all of the bad decisions by TPTB, all the mistreatment of the cast, the dismissal of the fans, and the huge drop in quality may actually be rewarded...AGAIN.

The only thing I watch on Fox now is Lucifer, and that was just to try to fill the Sleepy Hollow void. I didn't let myself fall in love with Lucifer, because I have no faith in Fox, but so far so good.

I don't foresee watching very much on Fox in the future...

The announcements usually comes in May or around that time due to Upfronts.

• Love 1

I've completely stayed away from the SH season and from this board just in case there were some positive comments.  I am quite pleased to do some belated reading that it has done dismally.  I abhor Fox anyway and SH was the only reason it was ever on my tv.  With the killing of Abbie, that cancelled any reason for me watching.

Bitter?  Why yes, yes I am!

• Love 15

Sleepy Hollow had a 0.5/1.92 season average, down 42% from last season.

Pitch had a 0.85/3.03 season average.

Granted SH aired on Fridays which are weeker and usually get more leeway in ratings but, that's CW level ratings. If SH gets renewed someone associated with that show clearly made a deal with Moloch

• Love 2

Sophomore crime procedural Rosewood and supernatural drama Sleepy Hollow are both heavily on the bubble and heading toward cancellation, which could only be thwarted by the network’s possible drama needs with only four hourlong pilots produced. Both low-rated series have something going for them — Rosewood has very modest budget and Sleepy Hollow sells well internationally

http://deadline.com/2017/05/bubble-series-2017-canceled-renewed-elementary-exorcist-taken-once-upon-a-time-agents-of-shield-1202085630/

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Based on Rosewood getting the ax?

It's just taking too long.  If you've already cancelled Pitch, and now you're vacillating on Rosewood and Sleepy Hollow because you need an hourlong show, it's seeming like there's going to be a tossup on one of them being able to stay. 

And since the devil has been mighty mighty busy, I'd put money on Sleepy Hollow.

3 hours ago, Watermelon said:

It's just taking too long.  If you've already cancelled Pitch, and now you're vacillating on Rosewood and Sleepy Hollow because you need an hourlong show, it's seeming like there's going to be a tossup on one of them being able to stay. 

And since the devil has been mighty mighty busy, I'd put money on Sleepy Hollow.

They canceled Rosewood Today. However, FOX didn't make the announcement we found out about Pitch and Rosewood because the actors are mentioning it on social media.

Does that mean FOX is going to renews SH or still contemplating it? I don't know. Networks tend to hold the announcements until Upfronts. 

FOX Upfronts is Monday 5/15, we will know SH's fate by Monday morning.

Plus, Fox's pilots are still coming in. They've got another week of ratings to consider. Let's look at what they've already done with their dramas.

Renewed: Lucifer, Lethal Weapon, Empire, Star

Canceled: Rosewood, Pitch, Bones

TBD: Scream Queens, The Exorcist, Gotham, APB, Sleepy Hollow, 24: Legacy, Prison Break, Shots Fired

The bulk of their decisions are still yet to be made. As @Morrigan2575 mentioned, Rosewood and Pitch got earlier announcements because the stars announced it on social media. Of the shows that are yet to be renewed, Scream Queens is the only one rated lower than Sleepy Hollow. Cancel Bear's ratings today have SH at a 10% renewal chance.

2 minutes ago, Free said:

Thought so, it was too low this time around, the reboot didn't work.

Exactly. Too low and there was no buzz around the reboot.

Admittedly, I was surprised it got renewed after S3 so i wasn't 100% certain it would get cancelled this year. All signs pointed towards it but, you can never tell.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Exactly. Too low and there was no buzz around the reboot.

Admittedly, I was surprised it got renewed after S3 so i wasn't 100% certain it would get cancelled this year. All signs pointed towards it but, you can never tell.

It collapsed on all the platforms too.

• Love 3

Sleepy Hollow’s cancellation is no shock. What did shock me were the number of people who thought the cancellation of Pitch and Rosewood somehow amounted to a renewal for Sleepy Hollow. One show’s cancellation has nothing whatsoever to do with another’s renewal. Sleepy was Fox’s lowest rated show. Lowest rated. Its fate was sealed months ago. You don’t get renewed on a major network with a 0.5 demo.

Having said that, the demise of Sleepy Hollow is a sad reminder that Abbie Mills and Ichabod Crane will never again grace my screen together. I will miss these characters and I will miss what this show use to represent.

By the way, I'm presently rewatching the first two seasons on Hulu. :(

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Blackhoney said:

Sleepy Hollow’s cancellation is no shock. What did shock me were the number of people who thought the cancellation of Pitch and Rosewood somehow amounted to a renewal for Sleepy Hollow. One show’s cancellation has nothing whatsoever to do with another’s renewal.

I was hoping that SH's and Rosewood's bad ratings would help Pitch.  Fox has to fill the hours with something, and if they don't have pilots coming in, they'd have to keep one or more current shows on.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I ADORED the show first season.  I didn't even watch the last one.  The REAL leads of the show deserved better. 

I adored the first season also, but stuck it out. I am currently clearing season 4 from my DVR, and while not as great as season 1, it is as good as the show has been since being hijacked by the CFD. I will miss the hotness of Tom Mison on my TV. 

Edited by Toothbrush
corrected season #
  • Love 2
(edited)

And so it ends.  While I feel bad for the cast, the producers and behind the scene folks really have no one to blame but themselves.  Between the bust of a second season, the stupid way they killed Abbie (even if Nicole Beharie wanted off, they could have done it in a way to do the character justice, instead of just propping up Ichabod), and this dud of a reboot, it had more chances then it deserved.

Still crazy to think how enjoyable the first season was, how great it did in the ratings, and there was even early speculation it could be another X-Files or something similar.  It's almost impressive how quickly it went from that seasons' breakout hit, to what it was reduced too by the end of its run.  Again, I wish nothing but the best for the cast, but I can only TPTB learned from this.

Oh, who am I kidding?  The same mistakes will likely keep being made.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

And so it ends.  While I feel bad for the cast, the producers and behind the scene folks really have no one to blame but themselves.  Between the bust of a second season, the stupid way they killed Abbie (even if Nicole Beharie wanted off, they could have done it in a way to do the character justice, instead of just propping up Ichabod), and this dud of a reboot, it had more chances then it deserved.

Still crazy to think how enjoyable the first season was, how great it did in the ratings, and there was even early speculation it could be another X-Files or something similar.  It's almost impressive how quickly it went from that seasons' breakout hit, to what it was reduced too by the end of its run.  Again, I wish nothing but the best for the cast, but I can only TPTB learned from this.

Oh, who am I kidding?  The same mistakes will likely keep being made.

For me, it's the new Heroes, the show that burned out after 1 season and was painfully dragged to a 4 season flame out.

A reboot with new characters doesn't work, it usually alienates viewers and fails to get any new fans.

• Love 5

Oh Sleepy Hollow, what could have been if only you had better writers and a competent showrunner. At least the first half of season 1 lives on in my dvr.

• Love 5

Welp, that's that.  I do feel bad for the actors, but I'm not going to pretend to miss this.  Killing off Abbie like that was the last straw for me.  And her absence was just one of the problems.

• Love 9

So glad they cancelled it. The show didn't deserve season 4, especially as we had to put up with that awful Dryefuss and his henchman. Terrible acting from both of them. Glad I don't have to watch that anymore!!! 

• Love 3

First time I've ever celebrated a TV series cancellation. But for Orlando Bloom and Nicole Beharie, especially, I cheer this cancellation. And if my not watching this last season contributed the teeniest bit to the demise of a show I watched live the first season to try to keep alive, I can feel good. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Darian said:

First time I've ever celebrated a TV series cancellation. But for Orlando Bloom and Nicole Beharie, especially, I cheer this cancellation. And if my not watching this last season contributed the teeniest bit to the demise of a show I watched live the first season to try to keep alive, I can feel good. 

That's shady lol.

• Love 5

Oh, hell! I am so sick (102 fever). I love Orlando Jones (and have an ongoing play-feud with a friend over how I don't find Orlando Bloom attractive) and was, while typing that, checking Twitter for his reaction. Not even fixing it. (blush)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Darian said:

Oh, hell! I am so sick (102 fever). I love Orlando Jones (and have an ongoing play-feud with a friend over how I don't find Orlando Bloom attractive) and was, while typing that, checking Twitter for his reaction. Not even fixing it. (blush)

I like both Orlandos; Jones because he's so effervescent and amusing, and Bloom because his Legolas was the epitome of elvish coolness.  Plus, I'd kill for his hair.  LOL

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Darian said:

Add to this that Orlando Jones has been praised up one side and down the other for his portrayal of Mr. Nancy in American Gods and all I can think is, Suck it, FOX and Sleepy Hollow showrunners!!**

**If he ends up with an Emmy nom, I will laugh and laugh. And tag e'ry Shady Hollow producer in my congratulations tweets to him. :)

• Love 10
(edited)

I knew this reboot would fail just like I knew Molly was the second witness the minute she was cast.  Anyone still working on the show with common sense should have known too and kept their resume updated and ready for the "SEND" button to be clicked.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 5
On 5/12/2017 at 7:45 AM, Badsamaritan said:

Add to this that Orlando Jones has been praised up one side and down the other for his portrayal of Mr. Nancy in American Gods and all I can think is, Suck it, FOX and Sleepy Hollow showrunners!!**

**If he ends up with an Emmy nom, I will laugh and laugh. And tag e'ry Shady Hollow producer in my congratulations tweets to him. :)

I just wish I knew what Nicole is up to.  Her movie (Jacob's Ladder) has been stalled in post-production for months.

• Love 3