Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings, Scheduling, and Watching for Cancellation/Renewal

On 1/14/2017 at 2:27 PM, taurusrose said:

I'm self-correcting.  I wrongly compared last week's ratings to last year's season average.  They've almost lost a million viewers; 776,000 to be exact.

ETA: Lost 47,000 eyeballs since last week.  I am doing my best evil laugh ever.

Look at yo petty ass... keeping track all through the week. LOL.

Loves it :)

They lost 222, 000 eyeballs from last week. Wow. Just wow. Plus the demo fell to 0.5 and that's what really matters. They were  so gleeful about not losing demo with episode two. They been quiet today. Tucking tail and running.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/sleepy-hollow-season-four-ratings/

On 1/21/2017 at 10:37 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

I figured it would drop below 2 million before the end of the season, didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

Fast-Demo-2017-Jan-20.FRI_.png

I predicted 1.8 million by the second episode. Not shocked that the third is under 2 million. They only started with 2.2 to begin with. If you know Sleepy’s ratings history, then you already know how this season will turn out. They will eventually level off, hitting their rock bottom point and ending the season somewhere in between their season high and low. Sleepy has consistently been losing viewers since season two. They’ve only gained a substantial number of viewers once, and that was due to the Bones crossover.

A look back at the show’s history reveals they start each season with a series low in viewers and then loose another couple hundred thousand with the second episode. I expected this week’s drop last week. I think it didn’t happen because a lot of ppl had no idea the show was even back. When they discovered they tuned in for the second episode. But in keeping with their past trajectory, lost those viewers and more with the third episode.

Sad really, because next week’s episode isn’t all bad. TV Guide broke the news that Crane will be tried for Abbie’s death by Jeremy (a Guilt demon) so I can openly talk about it now. The courtroom scenes were worth my time. Everything else boring, including the corny as way the second Witness is called on to help save him. And when I say call, I mean call. LOL.

Edited by Blackhoney
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Blackhoney said:

Look at yo petty ass... keeping track all through the week. LOL.

Loves it :)

They lost 222, 000 eyeballs from last week. Wow. Just wow. Plus the demo fell to 0.5 and that's what really matters. They were  so gleeful about not losing demo with episode two. They been quiet today. Tucking tail and running.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/sleepy-hollow-season-four-ratings/

Happy to amuse and entertain.  :-)  

It's an unfortunate aspect of my personality that once I've really been pissed off, I tend to hold a grudge forever.  Sleepy Hollow really pissed me off.  I don't care about anyone connected to the show, this includes Tom Mison and especially Lyndie Greenwood.  It is not my responsibility to keep anyone in a job and if they should lose a job because of 'shit happens,' then join the thousands of people that this happens to everyday due to 'no fault of their own.'  

I have the ability to watch SH w/o contributing to the Nielsen's, but I would rather pluck out my own eyes than do so.  

Crane being on trial for Abbie's death does not BRING. BACK. ABBIE.  Nor does it make amends for the treatment of a leading lady who happens to be a WoC. Mentioning Abbie every episode does not BRING. BACK. ABBIE.  Nor does it make me forget the bullshit they pulled for 2 seasons.  And even if were inclined to watch, the addition of magical child would keep me from doing so.  I despise precocious children in adult roles.  The idea that the Witness has landed in a child's body is insulting beyond belief and fucking skanky to boot.

I know there is no one in doubt at this point, but it bears repeating...I am so through with this show.  The only thing I want to know about Sleepy Hollow is that it's been cancelled.  Period.  Oh, yeah.  I am doing my 'happy, happy, joy, joy' dance that the ratings continue to sink faster than the Titanic.  

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 18

I'm only a teeny tiny bit curious about what gave them a bump the week before.  But as long as it doesn't hold and continues to decline, I'm good. Better than good. Ecstatic even.

Edited by taurusrose
using the precise word, in this case "curious"
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Back down to 0.5 looks like it's going to bounce between those two. Although, I wouldn't rule out 0.4, once we get to Spring.

Fast-Demo-2017-Feb-03.FRI_.png

Thanks Morrigan.

I appreciate that you give us the straight numbers.

• Love 1
On 1/9/2017 at 9:39 AM, topanga said:

I know I'm reviving a dead horse, but that's exactly how I felt.

Thump, thump, thump, Mr Ed.  Whack, whack whack, Seabiscuit.  Pommel you to bits, Man O' War!

On 1/12/2017 at 9:41 PM, kieyra said:

I'm just here to watch the dumpster fire burn. 

Burn, baby, burn!!!

On 1/21/2017 at 4:39 PM, taurusrose said:

Crane being on trial for Abbie's death does not BRING. BACK. ABBIE.  Nor does it make amends for the treatment of a leading lady who happens to be a WoC. Mentioning Abbie every episode does not BRING. BACK. ABBIE.    

It just makes me miss Abbie more!

• Love 8

I am now right here with you all waiting for the ax to fall. My wife and I stopped watching after the third episode of the season. With Nicole Beharie gone, so went the real magic of this show.

• Love 3

Well, it may be there is a range of number of viewers that qualifies as a 0.5 share. It's also likely that the raw viewer numbers required to achieve a given share will change from week to week based on the number of people watching TV.

1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Well, it may be there is a range of number of viewers that qualifies as a 0.5 share. It's also likely that the raw viewer numbers required to achieve a given share will change from week to week based on the number of people watching TV.

The demo simply represents the number of viewers between 18-49 that are watching. I think the last number I saw was 127 million in the demo (probably different now, that was from awhile ago). 0.5 in 18-49 means roughly 635k viewers were in that demo, the rest came from another demo.  The interesting thing is that all 3 reported demos (18-34, 18-49, and 25-54) were the same as last week. So the increase in viewers came from somewhere, just not sure where (younger or older?)

Here's some good news everyone! The Cancel Bear has Sleepy Hollow at a Renew/Cancel Index of 0.09! The Cancel Bear has been pretty spot-on with its predictions in the past. So, take heart, all! Sleepy Hollow is almost certainly doomed (even though it still has 2 bear faces instead of 1 like Scream Queens).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-fox-week-22-apbs-second-episode-fade-is-worrisome/

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I am weirdly enjoying watching the demise of this stupid show. I just don't know what that says about me as a person though. 

It says you're part of the Petty Crocker club. Don't be scurred, we got cookies. :-)

• Love 18

Yay, I found a place where I can once again vent out all my frustration with regard to the disposing of Abbie! I'm happy to see I'm not the only petty creature to want to see SH canceled! While the remaining actors are good, it feels, like half of the show is missing, because of Abbie. If Abbie was back, I'd no longer want the show gone, but now it just makes me annoyed as hell.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Morgan Le Fay said:

Yay, I found a place where I can once again vent out all my frustration with regard to the disposing of Abbie! I'm happy to see I'm not the only petty creature to want to see SH canceled! While the remaining actors are good, it feels, like half of the show is missing, because of Abbie. If Abbie was back, I'd no longer want the show gone, but now it just makes me annoyed as hell.

It's painfully boring, the villain sucks, the team is pretty basic, and having a child be a Witness is ridiculously limiting as they have to separate her with her designated caretaker while the other adults take care of the creature of the week.

• Love 3

Next week will be interesting with Emerald City being over and NBC airing Dateline as well as the series finale of Vampire Diaries. Where will those Emerald City viewers end up? Me? I'll be saying farewell to Vampire Diaries. The week after that I'll be back to check out Sleepy Hollow again for the first time since the first ep of this season..

(edited)

I'm watching Reign during this time slot or watching Rachel Maddow and taping Reign.  I hate Reign (I'm only there to see that bitch's head roll), but I hate Sleepy Hollow more.  See me tap dancing on its grave. Bwahahahaha!

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Free said:

having a child be a Witness is ridiculously limiting as they have to separate her with her designated caretaker while the other adults take care of the creature of the week.

Maybe for the season finale they can have Molly captured by a demon and taken to purgatory where she will remain for the entirety of season 5.  Oh wait.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

Next week will be interesting with Emerald City being over and NBC airing Dateline as well as the series finale of Vampire Diaries. Where will those Emerald City viewers end up? Me? I'll be saying farewell to Vampire Diaries. The week after that I'll be back to check out Sleepy Hollow again for the first time since the first ep of this season..

It depends, that's also a pretty low rated show, it's just that SH is much lower by comparison.

I will be very sad if this show actually gets renewed...but it looks like Fox has absolutely nothing else in the way of programming. I would hate to see it get another season just because there is nothing else to air in its place (because, you know, those who are still watching will say it is because the show is actually better without Abbie, and it was always the Crane show anyway). Sigh.

(edited)
2 hours ago, shanndee said:

I will be very sad if this show actually gets renewed...but it looks like Fox has absolutely nothing else in the way of programming. I would hate to see it get another season just because there is nothing else to air in its place (because, you know, those who are still watching will say it is because the show is actually better without Abbie, and it was always the Crane show anyway). Sigh.

They can say whatever they want, but the track record won't support their spin.  A renewal will only prove that Fox is desperate and they'd have to be to throw any more money at this loser of a show. They're .47 in 18-49 demographic. Sleepy Hollow sucks.

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, taurusrose said:

They can say whatever they want, but the track record won't support their spin.  A renewal will only prove that Fox is desperate and they'd have to be to throw any more money at this loser of a show. They're .47 in 18-49 demographic. Sleepy Hollow sucks.

Even among their low rated flops, SH would still be at the bottom in terms of season averages.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, shanndee said:

They'll probably just hire a new cast and promise the fans that the new season will be the best season ever!!1

• Love 4
On 3/5/2017 at 10:36 PM, shanndee said:

I will be very sad if this show actually gets renewed...but it looks like Fox has absolutely nothing else in the way of programming.

Pitch.  PITCH.  PITCH!!!!!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, shanndee said:

Ok, Ok!!  I've never seen it, but I will happily throw my weight behind calling for its renewal in the SH time slot.

Pitch. PITCH. PITCH!!!!!

:D

For nothing else, it has one of the best black spouses (as main characters) on TV.  Bip and Evelyn are awesome!

• Love 3
On 3/11/2017 at 10:04 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Looks like SH is sticking with that 0.4

Fast-Demo-2017-Mar-10.FRI_.png

LOL. Repeats of Shark Tank (Shark Tank!) are getting better ratings than Sleepy Hollow. If I were the SH showrunners and cast, I would be very concerned. At this point, they should probably consider their show a DSW (Dead Show Walking). (Thank you to the Cancel Bear for that little bit of terminology.)

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

LOL. Repeats of Shark Tank (Shark Tank!) are getting better ratings than Sleepy Hollow. If I were the SH showrunners and cast, I would be very concerned. At this point, they should probably consider their show a DSW (Dead Show Walking). (Thank you to the Cancel Bear for that little bit of terminology.)

Not only that, it tied a Rosewood repeat and a TVD retrospective on the CW, tied for dead last for the night among the network tv shows.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Forgot to post this week's ratings, ticked up to a 0.5 and over 2 million.

Darn. Not that this is probably a trend, but those numbers are going the wrong way.

4 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Darn. Not that this is probably a trend, but those numbers are going the wrong way.

There's only 1 episode left though and a 0.5 is still low even on Fridays.  If it was higher fractionals like last season (0.7/0.8s), it would've been more understandable.  Otherwise, SH is most likely going to keep declining if it got another season, like on par with Reign based on its nasty y2y drops.

Edited by Free
On 3/26/2017 at 1:38 PM, Free said:

There's only 1 episode left though and a 0.5 is still low even on Fridays.  If it was higher fractionals like last season (0.7/0.8s), it would've been more understandable.  Otherwise, SH is most likely going to keep declining if it got another season, like on par with Reign based on its nasty y2y drops.

So does mean that people haven't stopped watching the show in droves? Damn. 

• Love 1

... and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the fans' final f@ck you to the writers.

Demo may determine renewal prospects, but viewership tells you whether people care enough about your show to watch and apparently they don't.

• Love 3

If this show doesn't get cancelled I don't know what.  Overnight ratings are in. the. toilet.  The lowest of the season.  I'm sure Mison's slavish fans will be able to see him on something one day.  If not, oh, well.  Life's a bitch.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, taurusrose said:

If this show doesn't get cancelled I don't know what.  Overnight ratings are in. the. toilet.  The lowest of the season.  I'm sure Mison's slavish fans will be able to see him on something one day.  If not, oh, well.  Life's a bitch.

I feel bad for Mison in all of this. He didn't ask for all this. He loved working with Nicole. He was in a contract so even if he wanted to quit when they offed Abbie, he probably couldn't without it costing him a pretty penny and some reputation in the industry.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Blackhoney said:

... and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the fans' final f@ck you to the writers.

Demo may determine renewal prospects, but viewership tells you whether people care enough about your show to watch and apparently they don't.

In SH's case, the demos aren't good either.

29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I feel bad for Mison in all of this. He didn't ask for all this. He loved working with Nicole. He was in a contract so even if he wanted to quit when they offed Abbie, he probably couldn't without it costing him a pretty penny and some reputation in the industry.

I wish I could take a picture of my face.  I so don't care.  LOL

• Love 1
4 hours ago, taurusrose said:

I'm sure Mison's slavish fans will be able to see him on something one day.  If not, oh, well.  Life's a bitch.

I understand the BBC is looking for a new Dr Who.....

• Love 1