Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Born Naked

• Start Topic

The first 30 minutes of the first episode are posted on the show's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/rupaulsdragrace?v=app_161033847281768&rest=1

I have a lot to say about it but I can't figure out if there's a spoiler function on this board so I'll just have to hold my tongue.

Thanks love!

There is. The last icon above where you type (the one that looks like a do not cross sign).  You can type your message then highlight and use the spoiler tag.

Thanks!

Miss Fame is attractive as a man and a woman and had some fabulous outfits but she seems very much like a model--slow and lacking in charisma. But pretty!

Violet Chachki is another model stereotype--great body, pretty, but totally catty. Like, just totally over the top cruel.

Also Alaska made an appearance and she was fabulous!

Katya is amazing and has great outfits and is funny but I'm worried because she's kind of like someone we've seen before on this show. So I don't see her winning, unfortunately.

Jasmine Masters, wow, that one. She has quite the abs and is not afraid to show it. But I don't think she's very pretty. And I think she's in trouble.

Trixie Mattel, that makeup!

I'm excited to see the whole dang thing. I think this is going to be a good season.

• Love 1

They aired the first 12 minutes tonight at midnight on LOGO! The full episode is set to premiere on Monday March 2nd! I watched the preview of course and I'm pumped!

Thoughts on the 30min clip posted above-

I liked Violet and Pearl the most. Jazmine (?) Masters is certainly interesting. I'm disappointed in Tempest's looks so far- I expected more from a costume designer.

I was beyond thrilled to see Alaska. I saw "Anna" and said, "Who the hell is that?" And when I heard "Anna" speak- I died. Alaska's my favorite celeb/tv personality/whatever, so that was probably the best part of the episode for me.

Edited by Granimal

So Jasmine Masters is going to be eliminated first, yes?

I watched the preview tonight.  Is...

"Come on shoes" and "come on chinstrap" making fun of Laganja? 'Cause that is pretty funny.

I find myself randomly saying, "Come on [insert whatever]"  Today was "Come on Black Hand" because Tiffany's website has a digital hand in 4 colors so one can see what their potential engagement ring looks like on their skin tone.

• Love 2

I think Kennedy should be put at the bottom just for that lime green monstrosity she wore at the runway show. 

Jaidynn and Ginger Minj have really bad taste level too,  way to cheap and tacky looking outfits.

Katja was hilarious. Pearl's "sup" was hilarious, and Miss Fame and Violet are gonna bring it, each runway.

Kandy Ho was annoying , she can go home first,  or Kennedy.

Edited by blaase
  • Love 2

Is it a spoiler if it's publicly available?

Just in case though, because I am so freaking excited:

My only complaint is how transparent the editing is. If they don't send Jasmine home I will be totally shocked.

I wish I wasn't so underwhelmed by Ginger because she was a favorite for me pre-show.

Pearl is absolutely gorgeous and I think I am going to like her a lot just because she seems to give no shits. She is also still getting some mileage out of saying Nicole Paige Brooks was her favorite in MTQ though because who even remembers who that is.

Max's schtick might get old quick but I was really surprised at how beautiful she was at some points in the show. I don't know how I felt about the crutches. It certainly made me remember her, and I guess that was the point.

I wasn't prepared to like Trixie as much as I do. I really, really hope that the judges *get* her because I would love it if she stuck around for a good long while.

Miss Fame is freaking gorgeous. I'm going to get sick of hearing her talk about "her brand" but I could look at her all day.

Edited by evilandproud

The first half hour was, you know, fun enough. I'm not really 'feeling' any of the new queens except for annoyance for a few of them (ok, mainly Jasmine and Miss "THIS IS MY BRAND" Fame). Max (the one who walked the runway in crutches, right? ... I think that was Max) comes across as this years 'Milk'. I'm not sure if he's skim or half-and-half (I liked Milk) but time will tell. I don't know ... maybe I'm getting kind of bored with this show and, for me, perhaps it's run it's course. I say this knowing I'll more than likely be here in a month "hating" this one and "loving" that one.

Also, apparently Untucked is no longer on the network after the show proper but airs the next day online .... why?

(edited)

Logo website has the first episode available except for the runway critique and of course who goes. I'll have to watch it again because no one really jumps out and grabs me as that's a queen to watch sort of way.

Edited by Dirtybubble

Logo website has the first episode available except for the runway critique and of course who goes. I'll have to watch it again because no one really jumps out and grabs me as that's a queen to watch sort of way.

Jasmine ( the one with the abs) struck me as someone I need to leave immediately.

Also, the queens this season seem to be on the older side of life. They've got at least  2 40+ queens.

• Love 1

I thought they had two 40 plus year old queens last season too,  in Vivacious and Darienne, and then Kelly Mantle and Bianca were 37.

I think this year the better queens are all mid/late 20s. Pearl, Max, , Trixie , Miss Fame and Violet so I think it will be a lot like season 5 where 

most of the queens in the top 7 will be around the same age.

• Love 1

Locas, the premiere is almost here!

I'm trying to hard to be good and not watch the first half hour online. I want to see the whole 2 hour premiere at home on my couch under my fave throw surrounded by the remote, my cell phone, chocolate and dog. Heaven...

• Love 1

Major SPOILERS:

Ok so I've been lurking around other chat sites for T on  S7 and apparently the 1st and 2nd episodes have been leaked. I haven't seen them yet but from what I've heard Sasha & Tempest are the first and second to go. I'm not 100% sure that's the order but I think it is...

Major SPOILERS:

Ok so I've been lurking around other chat sites for T on  S7 and apparently the 1st and 2nd episodes have been leaked. I haven't seen them yet but from what I've heard Sasha & Tempest are the first and second to go. I'm not 100% sure that's the order but I think it is...

I have no idea who those people are so I'm thinking Ru made a good decision.

• Love 1

I watched the preview and I'm gagging!  The Shadometer is set to 11, which is always great. I think Trixi  Mattel looks like a badly done version of Bianca and the 46 year old queen, while very nice, doesn't have the face for it.  I was pleasantly surprised by Mrs. Kasha Davis, Katya and the PR queen (name?).  Of course Violet and Miss fame are divine, but when they know it, it takes a bit away for me.  Whats with the grey hair, Detox, Imean max??

• Love 2

I think Miss Fame has earned the bitch factor more than Violet.  I disagreed pretty hard with the winner tonight (and apparently, so did Michelle!). 

As for me, Ginger Minj is a friend of a friend, so I'm biased towards her.  But she's a big girl with actual polish, as opposed to Jade Fierce who's fierce but not as polished.  And Katya is the best talking head, so I hope she sticks around just on that basis already.

Jasmine Masters can go home next.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm kind of sad that

Tempest went home first, because she was getting shaded for her age.

I feel like

Kennedy Davenport would have been LSFHL if she didn't have the name & fame she does.

Loved Violet Chachki- which is strange because I didn't think I would.

Not a fan of Kandy Ho, - for many reasons.

I agree- lets bring back Alaska and crown her! She is head and shoulders above any of these queens!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4
(edited)

Now, I read that Untucked was not going to be on tv but on the internet the next morning. Well, on OUTtv here in Canada, it was on after the show as usual.

I don't know if this was just a one time thing or what but I was so glad to see it. Also, I LOVE the stripped down almost season one level of the 'new' Untucked (wasn't it originally Under The Hood in Season One?). It was just completely focused on the gals right after the 'safe' ones leave the stage and then when the others join them momentarily (or however long that takes). All they're doing is having a drink, sprawling on a couple of couches and talking. No 'pink furry box' or screen with someone from home or big sobbing 'moments'. It was wonderful!! Also, Ru wasn't hosting it and there were no 'clips/scenes' from the season so no 'hints' to count looks to see how long someone stays/goes. Loved, loved, LOVED it!!

I was sad to see Tempest go but not surprised, either.  I loved Violet's fashion show and runway and especially the sourpuss on Miss "Fame"'s face when she didn't win. I'm really digging Max and could maybe even like Pearl if she wasn't all "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" because, bitch? please.

Edited by marsha
  • Love 3

I found Max's "disability chic" to be grotesque and offensive.

This.  It was horrifying, offensive and just fucking unnecessary.  And to be honest, the whole naked thing?  Ick.  I thought this was one of the worst runway ideas yet, nobody looked good.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I found Max's "disability chic" to be grotesque and offensive.

I feel you.  On the one hand, it's an interesting historical reference, since Max is doing historical, and polio scares often closed pools and the like back in the day.  But on the other hand, yuck.  If I squint hard enough, I could read it as a critique of the shallowness of the runway competition in this episode, but without any of that context provided in the runway, it just comes off as a silly person being offensive for the sake of being offensive.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 2

I feel you.  On the one hand, it's an interesting historical reference, since Max is doing historical, and polio scares often closed pools and the like back in the day.  But on the other hand, yuck.  If I squint hard enough, I could read it as a critique of the shallowness of the runway competition in this episode, but without any of that context provided in the runway, it just comes off as a silly person being offensive for the sake of being offensive.

I could see there being a positive intention behind it. Like taking something that's seen as unglamorous, and finding a way to make it chic. Or trying to go as far outside the bounds of cookie-cutter pageant aesthetics as possible.

Whether he actually pulled that off is up for debate, of course.

• Love 2
(edited)

I liked Max at the runway judging, because I found the commentary from Rupaul to be Hilarious, "she can strip, it's a miracle" LOL

I think this episode didn't work because it had too much runway. Also I thought Tempest was not the worst, the crabs thing was funny, and her fashion week outfits actually fit in with current Milan fashion week looks.

That Stank Ho? puerto rican queen should have gone home. Can't stand queens that are rude and bitchy for no reason. Also her lipsynch was borderline stripper, gag! I would never wanna see her perform live, at least Tempest would make me laugh.

Also Jasmine,Kennedy, Ginger and Jaidynn should have all been  ciritized a lot more than they were or been put in the bottom, their fashion week looks sucked!!  Both of Gingers outfits looked like something Blanche Devereax would have worn. Kennedy's acid green dress was completely hideous. Jaidynn's super hero outfit for her Spring look was a joke and Jasmine was just a joke overall, the six pack showing is just not attractive on a drag queen.

Edited by blaase
  • Love 2

I'm devastated that Tempest went home.  I always hate the first few eliminations, I always feel like I never got the chance to know them.  Tempest is a person I want to get to know.  I did find Kandy's "how old are you?" remark to be offensive but then again they did make a lot of jokes about her beard.  Which were funny.  Her contour made her look like Don Johnson in Miami Vice, it was just too hilarious. 

Is it just me or are all the queens sans makeup truly handsome!!!  This is a fantastically good looking bunch!!  I already love Katya, her Kathy Bates/Bob Hoskins comment re Ginger just killed me.  Pearl is effing hilarious - her WAZZUP entrance had me screaming with laughter.  Miss Fame - maybe the most beautiful queen I have EVER SEEN.  Sickening.  Truly sickening.

OMG I am so happy this is back!!!  YAY!!!  As extra icing on the cake - I'm so glad Santino is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 6

I'm devastated that Tempest went home.  I always hate the first few eliminations, I always feel like I never got the chance to know them.  Tempest is a person I want to get to know.  I did find Kandy's "how old are you?" remark to be offensive but then again they did make a lot of jokes about her beard.  Which were funny.  Her contour made her look like Don Johnson in Miami Vice, it was just too hilarious. 

Is it just me or are all the queens sans makeup truly handsome!!!  This is a fantastically good looking bunch!!  I already love Katya, her Kathy Bates/Bob Hoskins comment re Ginger just killed me.  Pearl is effing hilarious - her WAZZUP entrance had me screaming with laughter.  Miss Fame - maybe the most beautiful queen I have EVER SEEN.  Sickening.  Truly sickening.

OMG I am so happy this is back!!!  YAY!!!  As extra icing on the cake - I'm so glad Santino is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad Santino is gone too, mostly because Carson and Ross had some hilarious moments in the premiere. Ross'  ""we have a crack problem"  at Ginger Minj slayed me. Also his "to bad she has no balls to play with" at Trixie Mattel.

• Love 2

I'm glad Santino is gone too, mostly because Carson and Ross had some hilarious moments in the premiere. Ross'  ""we have a crack problem"  at Ginger Minj slayed me. Also his "to bad she has no balls to play with" at Trixie Mattel.

They delivered BIG TIME.  Santino never even made me smile let alone laugh.  This season is going to be awesome.

• Love 2

My issue with Miss Face is that when someone repeatedly refers to their brand, they start to seem disingenuous, like everything is focused on trying to get a sponsorship deal. After I heard "my brand" for the third time, I was over Miss Face.

I thought it was really cute that Jasmine got so excited when one of the other queens entered and she said that she had always wanted to meet her. This feels like the first season in ages where there weren't a few contestants who knew each other beforehand (Or maybe there are some but they just didn't say so? I'm used to the shrieking excitement when two friends see each other for the first time in the work room).

• Love 2

My fave line of the night: Pearl's deep " 'sup." She had me from right there.

My fave scene(s), a tie: naked Pit Crew and every line out of Alaska's mouth.

My fave THs: Katya.

I always find the first couple of episodes hazy since for me since, and I have the worst memory, I just met the queens and there's a flurry of one liners, fashion, talking heads, shade and everything else that I can't keep track of. I've learned not to choose faves this early since the ones I thought I would like I end up not liking.

So happy that Carson and Ross are judges, I heart them both and have so upped the fun factor already. Yay!

• Love 2

My issue with Miss Face is that when someone repeatedly refers to their brand, they start to seem disingenuous, like everything is focused on trying to get a sponsorship deal. After I heard "my brand" for the third time, I was over Miss Face.

Who's Miss Face?

I miss Mike Ruiz during the photo/runway shoot.  He's been there since season 1 & it just didn't seem right without him; although having Alaska there throwing shade was AWESOME!  I wish they would bring back more popular queens from previous seasons.

Enh I don't have my internet crush yet so IDK, first episodes are weird--there are just so many queens at once and it's difficult for me to remember who is who and what everyone's shtick is going to be this season.

• Love 2

Whenever anyone asks me to do something that I don't want to do, I say "It's just not right for my brand." It's become my tagline.

Kandy Ho looks as if she learned to do her makeup from watching YouTube tutorials starring Coco Montrese.

Katya is my early favorite. I watched Untucked already because I'm in Canada and it changed my mind about a few of them. The way Ginger sprawled out across the laps of the other girls in her nude illusion suit made me like her a lot more, too.

• Love 6

My least favorite Miss Fame moment was when she asked Katya if her outfit was Soviet Union-inspired. Gee, ya think?

I can already tell she will bomb the comedy/roast challenge and snatch game, it's gonna be great to see her taken down a few pegs. Violet too.

• Love 1

I agree that there was too much runway this episode. I missed the Mike Ruiz photo shoot of doom. I feel like it's in those moments we regret to know the gold and see them out of their comfort zone. A double runway as the first challenge didn't seem to take anyone out of their comfort zone.

Nobody really stood out to me yet. That said, I still love this show.

• Love 2

Not many of the queens stick out yet in my mind, and I see that you guys are also having the same problem. Miss Fame was sickening (in the good way) and Violet was gorgeous. I don't see any funny queens. It makes me think Snatch Game will be a disaster. Thank goodness for Carson Kressley, love him. We needed more of Alaska. I was so let down, my cable said I was going to get two and a half hours of Ru, and it was only the one hour premiere! Boo!

And yes, please bring back Mike Ruiz. What, is he too busy?

• Love 2

RuPaul's mostly wordless new song is the lip sync selection, which means the girls are mostly just strolling around and shaking it.

Eh? Wasn't the lip synch number "Geronimo"? That's pretty much the opposite of "wordless." (And also: one year old.)