Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: The Night Lila Died / S01.E15: It's All My Fault

Laurel, you are one cold, cold chick. Its guess its true that you should always beware the quiet ones.

Poor, poor Oliver. And poor Connor. I knew something like this was going to happen, with them being all happy and stuff. CAN NO ONE ON THIS STUPID TV OF MINE JUST BE HAPPY FOR,LIKE, 5 SECONDS?!?! This will be hard, but I think Connor will stick with him. From what we`ve seen, he`s pretty much the only guy he has ever really wanted to be in a relationship with, ever, so I would hope he wouldn't cut out. PLEASE?!?!

*ahem* Sorry...its been a tough couple weeks in TV land. I`m amazed at how much this show has grown on me. Its even better, and even more batshit crazy than Scandal in its glory days! 

• Love 5

OK, another question about Sam's phone call... he said "It's Sam..."

Would he need to identify himself to someone he knew well? Well enough to ask them to kill for him? I think that phone call wasn't what we think it was.

And whoever it was, he didn't want a trace of his cell phone calling the person, hence the public pay phone. Do they still have them? I haven't seen one in a long time.

• Love 2

I knew as soon as Oliver was insisting on the std test that he was going to have something and not Connor. He was too judgmental of Connor but seemed to forgot that they banged on the fax machine  upon their first meeting. 

No, they did not. The first time they had sex in Oliver's apartment after he did some hacking for Connor. 

I need to say a word about Michaela and Laurel. At the beginning of the season, I didn't find either one too interesting, but boy has that changed. After tonight, I am intrigued with where they take Michaela next season, now that she's no longer engaged nor trying to be the perfect preppy princess (I hope!) As for Laurel, her dead-eyed stare apparently hides the heart of someone as ruthless as Annalise. She and Frank may be a perfect match after all. I won't be at all surprised if Laurel killed Rebecca.

Then again, knowing this show, it was probably Rudy, escaped from the mental institution and wreaking his revenge on Rebecca.

ETA:

I don't love Rebecca, but I did feel bad when they all turned on her, and even more that she ended up dead when she didn't actually kill anyone.

It felt to me like the K5 were scapegoating Rebecca in response to their own guilt. If she killed Lila, then she set in motion all the events of Murder Night #1 (Night of the Flying Cheerleader), and they get to absolve themselves for killing Sam.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 5

most of this episode had me holding my breath and applauding them for a job well done

until the "Oliver has HIV reveal". SEETHING. every gay couple/character does not need an AIDS storyline. my best friend (a gay male) had originally loved this show because it didn't really fit the stereotype of gays in tv and film (aka someone has AIDS! someone thinks they have AIDS!). he hasn't watched this episode yet, but i know he'll be less than thrilled.

i know it seems as if i'm being reductive but seriously, it's been done SO.MANY.TIMES. 

sigh.

otherwise, a fantastic episode. 

• Love 7

One of my favorite moments of the night:

Bonnie dismisses a hysterical Lila...

Annalise: Who was that?

Bonnie: Just some girl here for Frank.

Annalise: Good GAWD. *slams door*

I have no idea why I laughed so hard at that...

• Love 21

naw that guy jumped out the window and comitted suicide after being revealed that he betrayed his boss

remember connor taped him and palyed the tape back to his boss , then his dumbass slipped up and told oliver about the situation and thats why they broke up

Ok I remember that now. I also think it sucks that the only gay characters on the show will have to be saddled with an hiv storyline. The writers are going to have to be real careful how they take these two going forward.

• Love 1

I suppose Rebecca was very lonely, but I didn't get her fixation on proving to Lila that Griffin was a horrible boyfriend after Lila insulted Rebecca about basically being trash. At first I thought Rebecca slept with Griffin to get revenge on Lila for insulting her, but, no, it turned out that Rebecca simply wanted Lila to know what a crappy boyfriend Griffin is.

Also, why was Rebecca fixating on proving Griffin was a bad seed when it was clear that Lila was in love with Sam, the bigger bad seed?

I don't think Rebecca deserved to die, but anything she did, including her constant smirk when she needed people to believe her, sort of defied logic.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

Anyone care to give examples of this smugness shown by Rebecca?  I never saw it from her once.

lol when is she not being smug

if i was being accused of a murder i didnt committ i surely would not act like her.  like she is totally a dumb ass

i was glad when michaela slapped her

• Love 9
I felt pity for her for a few seconds and then remembered she got an innocent guy sent to the PSYCH WARD to cover her own ass. I'm over it.

And felt no guilt about it to the point that she was pocketing the money his poor grandmother, who has no clue he's in a psych ward, sent him for Christmas. Yeah she didn't really kill Lila but her own lies and creepy, callous behavior is what eventually caught up to her and made her look so suspicious.

I think at the end Frank and Annalise were discussing Rebecca's murder not Lila's.  And thing is I actually believe Frank didn't kill Rebecca.  As for who did....my money's on Laurel-or maybe even Nate.

I just realized something - Rebecca texted someone before Michaela realized what she was doing and wouldn't say who it was and none of them knew because they were too afraid to call the number and find out. I imagine that person will come into play next season and that might be another suspect for who killed her. 

The Annalise and Frank conversation was very vague but thinking about it again, I'm pretty sure they were talking about Lila. Because Annalise comes down and says "so did you do it..." And Frank, casual, smug smile says "of course not, that's not me. I actually thought you did." And then Annalise, looking genuinely offended states, "and it's me..."

And then she says, "so what are we going to do about this..." and the camera pans to Rebecca's body. So it really seemed like Annalise was asking Frank if he killed Lila since that was the whole point of the mock trial - to figure out who murdered Lila. And then establishing that he didn't, or so he said, she shifted focus to Rebecca's dead body. 

Also, the more I've thought about it, having some time to process, I actually do think the Sam call was a misdirect. I guess on one hand, they wouldn't show who he was talking to for the benefit of the surprise reveal when the person was choking Lila. However, they could have shown the person's hands or something so you knew for certain that's what his call was about. Also, Sam never states killing Lila. He just says something about what they'd talked about. While Frank definitely killed Lila, I still think there are more twists to come with that story. Also, Frank is officially the Huck of this show. 

He was too judgmental of Connor but seemed to forgot that they banged on the fax machine  upon their first meeting.

I think you're confusing Oliver with the guy Connor hooked up with to get information about a case they were working and the guy later killed himself. 

didn't he ask annalise did she need him to handle sam's sister like three episodes ago and the way he used the word handle was not in a friendly manner lol

Yeah but Laurel wouldn't know about that. I get what the poster is saying - all Laurel knows is that Frank stole Connor's car to remove suspicion about it being there the night Sam was killed and set up Nate for the murder by planting Sam's ring on him. Those things while incredibly shady and illegal are hardly equivalent to murder. So it's odd that she so casually thought and almost expected him to just kill Rebecca because she was proving a problem. 

Speaking of her.....where is she? Where'd she go?

Guess once they arrested Nate, she accepted him as being guilty and decided her work was done.

I suppose Rebecca was very lonely, but I didn't get her fixation on proving to Lila that Griffin was a horrible boyfriend after Lila insulted Rebecca about basically being trash. At first I thought Rebecca slept with Griffin to get revenge on Lila for insulting her, but, no, it turned out that Rebecca simply wanted Lila to know what a crappy boyfriend Griffin is.

Also, why was Rebecca fixating on proving Griffin was a bad seed when it was clear that Lila was in love with Sam, the bigger bad seed?

Yeah that whole thing made no sense. She even said at one point that the married guy (Sam) was better because at least he didn't make Lila feel shame about being a sexual person. I guess her whole thing was that Griffin made Lila feel guilty about having desires when I guess Rebecca knew, maybe heard from other people, that Griffin was no virgin like he was claiming to be.

Still, that she would care that much to prove him so awful to Lila when Lila was banging and pregnant by a married, older guy who was also her professor, just made no sense. Sure Griffin may have been douchy but I still don't see how the married older guy was better. That whole thing just felt kind of clunky to me and the writers way of building the suspense, keeping suspicion on Rebecca throughout the hour, only for her to not be guilty in the end. 

It felt to me like the K5 were scapegoating Rebecca in response to their own guilt. If she killed Lila, then she set in motion all the events of Murder Night #1 (Night of the Flying Cheerleader), and they get to absolve themselves for killing Sam.

I didn't see it that way. I thought it really was rage, especially from Michaela, that they got involved in a crime under the belief that Rebecca was innocent and in danger from Sam who murdered Lila, and turns out it may have all been a lie and she was guilty all along. I saw no scapegoating considering none of them were suspicious or pointing fingers at her until Wes provided them all the reasons he suspected Rebecca was lying.

And let's face it, she was lying and that did make her highly suspicious. Laurel in fact argued against almost all Wes' claims at the start of the episode. Not to mention that when they demanded the truth from her, instead of admitting about the water tower, she threatened them with the information about the campus cop who saw them carrying Sam's body out of Annalise's. Yeah I can't imagine why they were even more convinced she was guilty and had been playing them all along.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

I need to say a word about Michaela and Laurel. At the beginning of the season, I didn't find either one too interesting, but boy has that changed. After tonight, I am intrigued with where they take Michaela next season, now that she's no longer engaged nor trying to be the perfect preppy princess (I hope!) As for Laurel, her dead-eyed stare apparently hides the heart of someone as ruthless as Annalise. She and Frank may be a perfect match after all. I won't be at all surprised if Laurel killed Rebecca.

Then again, knowing this show, it was probably Rudy, escaped from the mental institution and wreaking his revenge on Rebecca.

ETA:

wes is the only one who killed sam

which is why the whole thing is stupid to begin with

wes murderd him not michaela , not connor, not annalise it was wes.  Wes murdered him because he told his dumbass girlfriend something annalise told him not to tell her so she comes up with that dumb plan to go to sam's house and get the evidence only problem was he is home but no rebecca the smartass still tries to get the evidence and set all the events in motion that lead to his death

so yes it was her fault

• Love 3

Also, the more I've thought about it, having some time to process, I actually do think the Sam call was a misdirect. I guess on one hand, they wouldn't show who he was talking to for the benefit of the surprise reveal when the person was choking Lila.

Viola confirmed that Sam killed Lila on Jimmy Kimmel.  She and Frank discovered Rebecca's body.

• Love 5

I feel like I've been holding my breath for an hour.

Frank killed Lila. Oliver's sick. Laurel had Michaela's ring all this time. Rebecca is dead in the basement. Annalise is the devil. And she's Wes' momma.

Bonnie is in this up to her eyeballs but I haven't figured out how yet.

This show....this show....Frank did it! OMG! And why did Frank OWN Sam. My immediate reaction was that Annalise knew also, but then I second guessed myself. Maybe she didn't know, that's why the earlier (in the season) baby reveal was so devastating to her. However, if she doesn't want her reputation ruined, getting rid of Lila may have been a good move.

The scene where Annalise is comforting Wes - so sweet and sad. Telling you, she's somehow his mother or something.

I had to rewind and watch the Michaela and Aiden's mother scene. Damn woman, that was amazing. She quoted the great Samantha Jones (Sex and the City). "I love me more."

Does Analise know Frank actually killed Lila?

Like I said, first I thought she did, then no. This show is all about people playing each other so well. Everyone has an agenda and everyone plays everyone else. Frank's earlier comment to Laurel, how he was angry that Laurel thought him a "hitman." Deliberate. Dude is a hitman. Damn....this show.....

• Love 4

Viola confirmed that Sam killed Lila on Jimmy Kimmel.  She and Frank discovered Rebecca's body.

that rebecca scene was real weird

i originally assumed frank murdered her but now im not so sure

actually i think it was either wes or laurel especially laurel story about hiding michaela wedding ring

seriously wtf laurel has proven to havel ittle to no empathy on this show i mean she was the only one who didnt freak out after they dismembered sam  she is crazy this chick has been cool and calm through this whole ordeal

something neither wes, rebecca, annalise,bonnie, franke etc can claim something aint right about laurel

• Love 1

I'll rephrase (oooh, I feel like a lawyer saying that-lol). Even though Wes struck the blow that killed Sam, the others were obviously involved in the cover-up, so they're all feeling guilt for their particular roles.

• Love 1

I'll rephrase (oooh, I feel like a lawyer saying that-lol). Even though Wes struck the blow that killed Sam, the others were obviously involved in the cover-up, so they're all feeling guilt for their particular roles.

the cover up is the dumbest part of the show not one of them liked rebecca

especially micheala ,coonor or laurel so why would they risk their future to save wes dumbass druggie girlfriend  that scene , the burial and the cover up was the dumbest part of the hsow

i honestly wish they would have just had annalise kill sam that would made more sense

Edited by teezy
  • Love 2

I feel like Frank killing Lila at Sam's request is kind of a cop out.  It lets them argue that Sam really did do it, but also that he is innocent.  And while I wasn't expecting it, I wasn't shocked like I would have been if it was Annalise or Bonnie or someone else. I don't love Rebecca, but I did feel bad when they all turned on her, and even more that she ended up dead when she didn't actually kill anyone.

I disagree. 

Lila wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for Sam's request for her to be killed. Legally, he could've still gotten in trouble for that because he orchestrated her murder. That's far from innocent. It'd be one thing if Sam just speculated how her being dead would solve all of his problems, and then someone killed her for him, but he called someone and had them do it because she wouldn't go away and was clearly going to make things worse. 

Would he need to identify himself to someone he knew well? Well enough to ask them to kill for him? I think that phone call wasn't what we think it was.

And whoever it was, he didn't want a trace of his cell phone calling the person, hence the public pay phone. Do they still have them? I haven't seen one in a long time.

Hell, on the X-Files, Mulder and Scully identified themselves to one another all over the time and they spoke/saw one another about 95% of their day. lmfao

Even in real life, sometimes I have difficulty recognizing the voices of my mother, sister, etc (my sister sometimes disguises her voice all while calling from bogus numbers too--lol). It's not that far fetched. 

If they still do exist, it's a rarity. One existed in my neighborhood for a few years, until they took the phone out and now it's just a box.

One of my favorite moments of the night:

Bonnie dismisses a hysterical Lila...

Annalise: Who was that?

Bonnie: Just some girl here for Frank.

Annalise: Good GAWD. *slams door*

I have no idea why I laughed so hard at that...

*dead*

I never realized how funny this scene was until I read it. lol

Guess once they arrested Nate, she accepted him as being guilty and decided her work was done.

I have no idea why this line is hilarious to me. I guess it's because she was hellbent on proving Annalise did it, and then accepted that someone killed Sam for her as close enough to her being guilty.

• Love 3

If I were Analise, I'd be really ticked off that there was another dead body in my house. How may floors can she scrub?

i just fell out laughing lmaooooooo

seriously  i wish  someone on the show would use this line lol

Annalise has done so much shady ass shit on this show and the whole setting up nate was such a low down dirty move if nate had put his hands on her at this point i wouldnt blame him

Annalise is a snake so is frank , bonnie and laurel

i would not sleep with my eyes closed are these three fuckers

Edited by teezy
  • Love 2

When discussing gay men, HIV, and other similar issues, let's all try to keep some tact in our responses. A number of posts have been reported and hidden because they were offensive and off-putting. These are sensitive topics for a lot of people, and it's all our responsibility to remember this and to behave appropriately. Thanks.

• Love 18

Forgot to add: COTW - what a stupid priest. I guess I have no morals or conviction, because I would rather spill information that would "damage" my reputation, then spend 30 years in prison. I guess I belong with the other HTGAWM people. But since he did kill the other priest, I guess he deserves it...kinda. I hate it when people do stupid things.

Bonnie and Asher are adorable together. Asher may seem a bit immature, but he's not in the mix of things. He has no heavy guilt and deception weighing over him. He's a nice contrast to the others, who are so messed up. I'm glad he's innocent. Just wait till next season though. He's gonna get set up

Laurel holding Michaela's ring. Damn! However, I notice that Laurel said she found it in Wes's car. Does that mean that Michaela put it there are forgot, or someone else put it there??

Poor, poor Nate. Dude did NOT deserve this. At all. Once again, Annalise is the best bet for his freedom, but at the same time, she messed him up. Big time. He does not deserve this....poor thing.

• Love 5
However, I notice that Laurel said she found it in Wes's car. Does that mean that Michaela put it there are forgot, or someone else put it there??

I thought she said she found it in Connor's car. My guess it probably fell off during all the drama of carrying Sam's body to the car and moving it out and picking up the hacked pieces, etc. Laurel must have seen it after they dumped the body in the bins and were heading back and took it without anyone noticing.

• Love 3

one thing im confused on why is Annalise pretending she doesn't know Frank setup nate for sam's murder

if Annalise truly loved nate she wouldn't lie to him  i remember hte epsiode and frank clearly had her permission to go palnt the evidence

It's not about whether or not Annalise loved Nate, it's about protective herself all while getting him off (no pun intended). She likes to play things close to the chest and the less people know, the better even if they are involved with whatever she is scheming about. And it's a way of controlling him. Anything could happen and he could rat her out, then what? Regardless of how she feels, she has fucked him over and he could do the same if she were honest. I'm not saying she's right, but she does has some survival instincts. 

• Love 3

Viola confirmed that Sam killed Lila on Jimmy Kimmel. She and Frank discovered Rebecca's body.

Then why did they show us Frank strangling Lila? The camera panned up from the hands, to the dark sleeves, to Frank's face.

WTF?

Laurel told Michaela that she found her ring in Connor's car, which was the Death Car that night.

• Love 3

If I were Analise, I'd be really ticked off that there was another dead body in my house. How may floors can she scrub?

Hee!  I felt for Annalise tonight, between being called to Wes's apartment to find that they were basically kidnapping a young woman to finding that someone killed her in her house. 

It was like she was herding cats the entire episode.  Really, really stupid cats!

• Love 12

First of all, I found it so unrealistic and way too magically coincidental that Laurel found Michaela's ring in Connor's car?

Second of all, Thank you for confirming it was Zola Jesus and what song it was!  I knew it was her just from the vague sounds of her voice!

Third of all, at some point I realized I was waiting all episode for #NakedNate.  Unfortunately we were not blessed again.

It's been a hell of a ride.  I've enjoyed this season so immensely with you all!  

I'm sad that Rebecca, Oliver somewhat, Nate somewhat, and Frank were 'ruined' on this show!  I liked all of them, every single damn character on this show except for Sam and his stupid sister Marcia Gay Harden!  Still love Wes and am #TeamWes all the way, tonight more than any other night!  I love the actor so much in this role.

Silently rocking back and forth with my body pillow

So hysterical and apt!  Thank you!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I am not thrilled Oliver being positive. I really wish that they had not gone there, but it is probably the biggest obstacle they could come up with for Connor and Oliver. 

It's more than a little reductive that it's HIV. Why can't he have syphillis?

Did he call from a cell? I thought he called from a payphone, but if it was a cell, it may have been a burner phone.

• Love 1

I cannot believe I'm about to type this, but I felt bad for Rebecca. When they were all ganging up on her, and she had this look of horrible realization that Wes no longer believed in her. Don't get me wrong: I won't miss her, but I did feel bad for her in that moment.

I had a soft spot for her because she looks like a grown up Gracie from The Nanny.  I felt for her when Lilah turned on her.  The fact that Rebecca went to such (admittedly twisted) lengths to protect Lilah from Griffin was interesting.  I wonder if it was Rebecca who had only one friend - Lilah - and not the other way around.  She also went out of her way to check on Lilah, and was so upset when she saw her in the water barrel - grabbing her and trying to help her.  It was also disturbing because they left her tied up and gagged, completely unable to defend herself from her killer.

I'm glad that it wasn't, as many speculated, Bonnie. I'm actually starting to think that Bonnie may be the most ethical of the three between her, Frank and Annalise. She really should reconsider that relationship with Asher though - dude is way too immature. 

I don't think so.  Bonnie's pretty serious and he helps her to lighten up.

As she was stroking his hair, as her mother had done to her, she called him "son".... there's a whole lot about his easy and quick admittance to law school, being in her class, being one of her chosen students.... and her being raped by an uncle and maybe having to give up a baby for adoption. Makes me think he's her son. Just my hunch.

I thought the same, but then the ages confused me.  I think Viola (at 49) is playing possibly ten years younger.  It would make more sense when she told Wes she's still trying to have a family.  Also, Sam was already a therapist when Annalise sought counseling for her rape, so he's somewhat older than her.  The actor portraying Sam is only fifty.  To confuse me more, Annalise's mom looked and acted like she was eighty years old.  So now I'm all confused.

Things I hope are answered next season:

1. Why is Bonnie so devoted to Annalise?
  2. Who was calling Lilah when Rebecca found her phone?
  3. Was the number Annalise gave Nate a lawyer, and why are they being mysterious about the name?
  4. Who did Rebecca text her location to?
  5. Why did Frank owe Sam, and why is it that Sam knows about it but not Annalise?
  6. Why did Frank and Annalise seem so unfazed about finding a dead body?
  7. Why do men find Laurel attractive?
  • Love 4
Still love Wes and am #TeamWes all the way, tonight more than any other night!  I love the actor so much in this role.

Right there with you! I've enjoyed Wes the whole season, and I was worried for him the last few episodes.

Loved his final scene with Annalise!

• Love 1

Right there with you! I've enjoyed Wes the whole season, and I was worried for him the last few episodes.

Loved his final scene with Annalise!

i thought that scene was so creepy

honeslty im not feeling the annalise/wes realtionship its just so disturbing on all levels

gives me creepy incest mother/son vibes the show can't decide whether she is his really his mother or wants to fuck him .

It's not about whether or not Annalise loved Nate, it's about protective herself all while getting him off (no pun intended). She likes to play things close to the chest and the less people know, the better even if they are involved with whatever she is scheming about. And it's a way of controlling him. Anything could happen and he could rat her out, then what? Regardless of how she feels, she has fucked him over and he could do the same if she were honest. I'm not saying she's right, but she does has some survival instincts. 

i know but Annalise is satan in the flesh

i don't like the way she manipulates people

I really don't understand how Asher works for her.  He is so clueless to all the bullshit going on around him everyone from bonnie to annalise is lying to him

As she was stroking his hair, as her mother had done to her, she called him "son".... there's a whole lot about his easy and quick admittance to law school, being in her class, being one of her chosen students.... and her being raped by an uncle and maybe having to give up a baby for adoption. Makes me think he's her son. Just my hunch

I just listened again and she said "it will soon".

Edited by WhitneyWhit
  • Love 5

I assumed that he immediately identified himself because he was calling from a pay phone, and knew Frank wouldn't recognize the number.  Maybe Frank, not recognizing the number calling,  answered with a - "who is this?".

which is why the whole thing is stupid to begin with

wes murderd him not michaela , not connor, not annalise it was wes.  Wes murdered him because he told his dumbass girlfriend something annalise told him not to tell her so she comes up with that dumb plan to go to sam's house and get the evidence only problem was he is home but no rebecca the smartass still tries to get the evidence and set all the events in motion that lead to his death

so yes it was her fault

Didn't Nate also inadvertently contribute to this mess by asking Rebecca to get Sam's computer files?  I wonder if Nate is going to connect the dots when Rebecca turns up missing.

Annalise is a snake so is frank , bonnie and laurel

Why is Bonnie a snake?  Next to Asher and Nate, she's the most innocent person on the show.

• Love 2

I assumed that he immediately identified himself because he was calling from a pay phone, and knew Frank wouldn't recognize the number.  Maybe Frank, not recognizing the number calling,  answered with a - "who is this?".

Didn't Nate also inadvertently contribute to this mess by asking Rebecca to get Sam's computer files?  I wonder if Nate is going to connect the dots when Rebecca turns up missing.

Why is Bonnie a snake?  Next to Asher and Nate, she's the most innocent person on the show.

bonnie innocent have you seen all the shady stuff she done on the show for annalise she may relatively have her hands clean but if they had showed bonnie killing lila that would not have been shocking.  Alot of the things Annalise has had her do during this sam/lila/rebecca trial was shady , alot of the things annalise had her do during the various triials has also been shady and sometimes unethical. 

bonnie just like frank has shown she will go above and beyond the call of duty for annalise .

Asher has been the only one who has actual kept his moral compass working for annalise. Mainly because Annalise has never asked him to do anything shady

her relationship with annalise is just weird its like she want's to be annalise boyfriend or something

• Love 1

I'm a woman (I happen to be straight, it doesn't matter, but just giving Redhead Zombie my own perspective) and I find the actor who plays Laurel so, so, so attractive.  As the dead eyed sociopath she's turning out to be, not so much the character of Laurel, but Karla Souza herself?  I'm awestruck by how attractive I find her.  And her voice has this odd quality I really like.... like a weird accent or something?  Her eyes and her eyebrows, her glass cut cheekbones, I think she's such a beauty!  I can't answer why men do, but that's why I do.....

(Is this really her?  I just Google Imaged and a whole terrible bunch of photos like this one came up....http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EDFqmuHfAF0/SxS1WfgMGSI/AAAAAAAADNM/f-8o65ISFT8/s1600/Karla+Souza-53.jpg )

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

I was on team Rebecca until she made that crack about how they may kill her "Sam style." Wes cracked his skull to save your stupid ass. If you waited until Sam wasn't home to get info off his computer this mess wouldn't have happened. No wonder Wes didn't trust her.

Did not think Frank was the killer- I was thinking it may be Bonnie or the boyfriend. And now another dead body? Maybe it was Wes who has psychotic breaks when he's stressed and does things he doesn't remember (like maybe kill his mom?).

Seeing Nate beat up and limping made me cry. Poor guy can't catch a break.

Oliver has HIV? Why, show? Maybe it's a false positive.

That priest trial ended so abruptly. I wanted to see more of Tom Everett Scott because I loved him in "That Thing You Do."

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

Bonnie said that she had a lot on Frank, when she was reassuring Asher (?) that he would keep quiet about their relationship. I wonder if she knows, or is involved somehow. 

I thought the mock trial was silly, but the end was creepy. The music and the reveal/murder had me holding my breath, too. 

I've been so-so about this show, but I can't believe the season is already over.

Probably because Rebecca didn't know about the bigger plan at play.She thought sleeping with Griffin would make Lila see the light and dissuade her from getting back together with him, but Lila wasn't trying to get him back out of love, she wanted to pin Sam's baby on him. 

• Love 1

I really don't believe that Sam called Frank.  It must have been Annaliese or Bonnie, and he could have said "you owe me" to either one.  Of course, Bonnie had just blown him off that night, but she could "owe" him for some other reasons.  And Frank would do what is needed for either Annaliese or Bonnie.  It sounds like they are setting us up for more revelations of Bonnie's "I have a complicated relationship with Annaliese".  Is that why one of them "owed" Sam? 

I was really not satisfied at the new loose ends created by tying up the Lila loose ends.   

• Love 2

Good finale, except for the whole priest thing.  Must every show that involves the law always have a priest who won't "violate the sanctity of the confessional?" 

It's like someone made a rule 50 years ago, and no one dares break it.  Must have a priest keeping that particular vow.

in a way it does Frank has proven time and time again he willing to do whatever annalise ask of him not matter how immoral , dirty etc

so him killing was not really so shocking to me when laurel asked him did he do it i was like i knew it was going to be him

When they showed a flashback of Rebecca finding the body and then showed Sam walking away with Lila still alive, then I knew it would be Frank who actually did it because of all the "What?  Do you think I whack people?" earlier in the episode.  So seeing Frank's face as he was killing Lila didn't surprise me.

Seeing Rebecca dead in the basement, however..!  Wow!  I certainly wasn't expecting yet another victim to spiral out of this thing.  (It's really cruel to make us wait until next fall for this, BTW!)  Not sorry Rebecca is gone!  She was super annoying and even though she didn't kill Lila, what she did to Rudy was pretty despicable.

Will be interested to see just how much Annalise knows about Frank's proclivities and what Bonnie's involvement is.

"And why does the new prosecutor have questions for Asher? He's the only one who's squeaky clean in all this."

I think you've answered your own question. Anyone looking at the K5 would realize that Asher seems to potentially be the odd man out, the weak link in the chain. 

As she was stroking his hair, as her mother had done to her, she called him "son".... there's a whole lot about his easy and quick admittance to law school, being in her class, being one of her chosen students.... and her being raped by an uncle and maybe having to give up a baby for adoption. Makes me think he's her son. Just my hunch.

They are certainly playing a strange and unearned intimacy between the two of them, and the finale had it at its height. I watch with closed captioning on, though, and she said "it will soon" rather than "it will, son." That was the closest it got to "son."

Anyone care to give examples of this smugness shown by Rebecca?  I never saw it from her once.

Let's see....off the top of my head

Her response to Anna this episode when Anna wanted to know the truth and she was like "I did it. No Sam did it." I'd describe that as smug.

Her telling the Murder 4 that she could rat them out. Smug.

Her throwing Wes under the bus with Connor. Smug.

The way she treated Wes originally also seemed smug.

Her sleeping with Griffin and arranging to shove that in Lila's face was smug, as was her expression on being "caught."

Calling Rudy a "freak" ... smug.

Mocking the Christmas card that Rudy's grandmother sent her and taking the cash she sent. Smug. (particularly that she drugged him and left him in that state).

Tweaking Sam with her knowledge that he was Mr. Darcy. Smug.

• Love 6