Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: The Night Lila Died / S01.E15: It's All My Fault

In the two-part Season 1 finale, Annalise defends a priest who's accused of killing a colleague; Connor and Oliver explore a new level in their relationship; and Wes and Rebecca continue to lose faith in one another. In the second hour, Wes, Connor, Michaela and Laurel may be in too much trouble for Annalise to rescue them; and the truth about Lila's murder is revealed.

I feel like I've been holding my breath for an hour.

Frank killed Lila. Oliver's sick. Laurel had Michaela's ring all this time. Rebecca is dead in the basement. Annalise is the devil. And she's Wes' momma.

Bonnie is in this up to her eyeballs but I haven't figured out how yet.

• Love 16

Whoa, my head is spinning and my hands are shaking. WTF! I loved that music at the end though.

So, Sam did kill Lila indirectly.

Does Analise know Frank actually killed Lila?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

OMG, this show! Rebecca was murdered. Who did it? Frank or Laurel. My money's on Laurel. She has proven herself the true sociopath of the group.

I was wrong about Annalise killing Lila. I was so sure that Sam did not do it, but it turned out that Sam did murder Lila by having Frank do the deed. I knew it wasn't Rebecca. Like I said, Wes was being paranoid. 

Poor Nate. Annalise is a nightmare. She has ruined his life. I can only hope that she can keep him out of prison.

Go Michaela!  I knew as soon as the mother begged her to come back that she knew that Aidan was gay or bi. Where are all the people who claimed that Michaela was overreacting when she got upset that he hid his sexual experimentation with Connor? 

Oh Asher, you innocent fool. I hope that he and Bonnie will be okay.

Oh, my sweet Oliver is positive. Will Connor stand by him? We'll see next season if he is back.

I cannot wait for next season. This show is insane. One of the few shows that can actually surprise the hell out of me. I love it!

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8

I swear I thought they were building to Annalise being the killer or even Bonnie...but Frank?!? 

Holy Fuck.

But damn if it doesn't make a twisted sort of sense.  And since he did it at Sam's bequest....then Sam *did* kill Lila even if it wasn't his own hand. 

Annaliese is a sociopath-but one with an oddly maternal bent.  She's all but adopted Wes and I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she really *was* his mother. 

And Laurel has one helluva dark side.  My money's on her being the one who killed Rebecca.  No wonder she and Frank get along so well..but as sick as it sounds I think the *real* chemistry is between Laurel and Wes. 

Edited by Winnief
  • Love 5

I was halfway right in my speculation that Frank killed Lila, but I thought it was because he was the baby's daddy. That he'd switched his hair for Sam's for the DNA test. But that got shot to hell when they found the body. This show makes my head spin.

WHY did Frank owe Sam, to the point he'd commit murder?

• Love 1

I swear I thought they were building to Annalise being the killer or even Bonnie...but Frank?!? 

Holy Fuck.

But damn if it doesn't make a twisted sort of sense.  And since he did it at Sam's bequest....then Sam *did* kill Lila even if it wasn't his own hand. 

in a way it does Frank has proven time and time again he willing to do whatever annalise ask of him not matter how immoral , dirty etc

so him killing was not really so shocking to me when laurel asked him did he do it i was like i knew it was going to be him

Whoa, my head is spinning and my hands are shaking. WTF! I loved that music at the end though.

So, Sam did kill Lila indirectly.

Does Analise know Frank actually killed Lila?

my hands are hsaking to because rebecca is finally dead

i was so tiredo f that emo bitch so frank did one good thing tonight when he choked the life out of her

• Love 1

Cold. Laurel is ICE cold. Every bit as cold as Annalise. 

So, Frank was the enforcer/muscle for both Keatings. What did Sam mean when he told Frank "you owe me?" I see more flashbacks in our future :-)

I love Wes & Annalise together. Their relationship is just fascinating to me. If Annalise & Frank offed Rebecca, I assume Wes will be out for revenge.

I cannot believe I'm about to type this, but I felt bad for Rebecca. When they were all ganging up on her, and she had this look of horrible realization that Wes no longer believed in her. Don't get me wrong: I won't miss her, but I did feel bad for her in that moment.

So much to process. I will have more thoughts later.

• Love 8

OK, I had to collect my thoughts.

This who group is nuts, but I think Laurel scares me more than any of them. She's watched Michaela go BSC worrying about that ring and didn't bat an eye, that girl is cold.

Nooo Oliver. Bad things are not allowed to happen to Oliver.

The Frank reveal got me, I actually said "Oh my God" when it was revealed. 

I was getting creeped out watching Annalise basically brainwash Wes into believing that Sam killed Lila (which he did), I actually thought she was going to kill him, or Frank was going to do it.

Holy crap. I'm shocked.

Does Analise know Frank did it? They did an amazing job, half way though I thought it was Bonnie. Never saw Frank coming.

They are right, Sam did technically kill Lila. He ordered the hit.

I feel bad for the duct taping and everything that they did to Rebecca when in the end she didn't kill Lila. But she did put the neighbor in a mental facility.

Aww Oliver.

Michaela and the evil mother-in-law was awesome! She kicked ass and instantly figured out that mommy knew her son was gay if she was there begging Michaela to marry him.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7

Even with all the hints of his shadiness, I didn't peg Frank as Lila's murderer.  Bonnie, I think, is completely in the dark about it, but I'd love to know more about her complicated relationship with Annalise.  But now I'm a bit scared for her, too.  If she becomes too much of a liability, will Frank kill her?  And how much does Annalise know?

Poor Rebecca.  What she did to Rudy was beyond awful, but still.  

• Love 1

Wes was in an almost fetal position on the stairs, claiming it was all his fault. He very well could have killed Rebecca. But I don't think so. It takes a cold-blooded person to do that. Wes just doesn't have it in him to kill a girl he loved.

• Love 3

Well, I can't say it is all that unexpected...but I am curious to know exactly how Frank "owed" Sam.

Although, I think that could be misdirection...Sam may have been calling someone else entirely and Frank was assigned to follow Sam by Annalise. It was especially telling when she assumed Frank killed Rebecca at the end, as in she knew he has done it before.

Candidates for killing Rebecca? Wes, Frank, Annalise, Nate, and an outside shot to PCP guy. Maybe Bonnie too? Or, more poetically, Laurel on her path to becoming the female version of Frank. Since it won't be super obvious, most likely, I am leaning towards Nate assuming Rebecca set him up and that call to the new lawyer was simply a recording letting him know where Rebecca was.

I am quite curious about Michaela's past now...she became interesting. When she got her southern accent on, she becomes much more sinster. Laurel also became more interesting with her hiding the ring to keep Michaela quiet.

Oh, and for the record, I am not thrilled that the one gay couple had a member come down with HIV. Can't it just be someone else? Also, the dynamic between Annalise and Wes is a bit odd. It makes me uncomfortable.

Edited by MKL122788
  • Love 6

Poor Nate. Annalise is a nightmare. She has ruined his life. I can only hope that she can keep him out of prison.

Go Michaela!  I knew as soon as the mother begged her to come back that she knew that Aidan was gay or bi. Where are all the people who claimed that Michaela was overreacting when she got upset that he hid his sexual experimentation with Connor? 

Oh Asher, you innocent fool. I hope that he and Bonnie will be okay.

Oh, my sweet Oliver is positive. Will Connor stand by him? We'll see next season if he is back.

I cannot wait for next season. This show is insane. One of the few shows that can actually surprise the hell out of me. I love it!

I spent the last half just hoping that Asher and Bonnie would be okay and that Bonnie hadn't killed Lila. I also want Nate to get off, since he IS innocent.  I loved Michaela saying that she loved herself, so go Michaela!  Poor, Oliver, I hope Connor stands by him, because I'm actually buying that pairing.

• Love 3

Hmm, not sure how I feel about Frank being the killer. Not to mention that Sam called the hit so technically he was really behind it after all. I guess the writers thought Frank would be a shocking twist but yeah, I'm not really feeling it. Or maybe I'm just bummed my Rebecca theory didn't pan out :) Although I wasn't completely wrong about everything.  Like I said, she was lying about some significant things about that night and what she did to poor Rudy was pretty fucked up. Okay my thoughts are little all over the place so this may be a little rambly. Observations:

Nate needs to run FAR, FAR AWAY from Annalise. Like damn - dude has been fired, arrested for murder and beaten up. That he can still listen to anything Annalise says is amazing. 

The COTW sort of felt like an afterthought and like the writers thought they just had to throw one in there. But it was sort of poorly developed and then ended abruptly and really didn't tie in with the finale drama. 

So is Rebecca dead...that is what we were looking at the end right, her dead body? Oh happy day... Okay, seriously, my season long hatred of her aside, I don't really see how the character could have continued on the show. She and Wes were done considering he helped three other people tie her up and she tried to insinuate to Connor that Wes murdered his own mother. And all the other students don't care for her. So what point did her character have after that?

I'm glad that it wasn't, as many speculated, Bonnie. I'm actually starting to think that Bonnie may be the most ethical of the three between her, Frank and Annalise. She really should reconsider that relationship with Asher though - dude is way too immature. 

So clarification from others - does Annalise really not know that Frank killed Lila after all? That was what their conversation was about right, when she asked him if he did it and he said he thought she did. But she must know he killed Rebecca since I'm assuming it was him. 

Laurel is a future sociopath. That girl is scary. The way she always had an answer and thought of every angle, that she was holding Michaela's ring as leverage to make sure she never went to the cops and most importantly, the way she just kept not so subtly asking Frank to wack Rebecca. Bitch be crazy...

Speaking of Michaela, as soon as Aidan's mother had her change of heart, I thought "yup, Aidan's gay and he's probably whoring around with guys, glad to be free of Michaela and having to pretend and the mother is panicked that it will eventually become public." So I was cheering Michaela on when she called the mother out on it. 

Finally poor Oliver. Connor the man-whore is clean and he gets HIV. That sucks for them. 

• Love 3

I cannot believe I'm about to type this, but I felt bad for Rebecca. When they were all ganging up on her, and she had this look of horrible realization that Wes no longer believed in her. Don't get me wrong: I won't miss her, but I did feel bad for her in that moment.

I liked Rebecca. I felt for her when she realized that Wes no longer had faith in her. She loved him and his paranoia set in motion the actions that led to her death. This is his real sin. 

• Love 14

For the record, I hope Rudy gets to leave the psych clinic sometime soon.  Poor guy.  Arguably the only completely innocent person whose life has been destroyed by this whole mess.

Edited to add Nate.  Guy does need to get a better lawyer AND stop listening to Annalise.

Edited by Winnief
  • Love 7

Although, I think that could be misdirection...Sam may have been calling someone else entirely and Frank was assigned to follow Sam by Annalise. It was especially telling when she assumed Frank killed Rebecca at the end, as in she knew he has done it before.

Annalise? Could he have called her, then she called Frank? God, this show will be the death of me.

Well, not literally, I hope!

• Love 3

Damn, damn, damn. Kudos to whoever called Frank being Lila's murderer.

Poor Oliver :'(. 

Lol

actually i just rewinded it and im not sure it was frank i see him climbing up the steps but cant make out the fiigure who actually grabbed lila and now that i think about wes probably killed rebecca

i think rebecca made wes snap

he probably murdered her nad that makes sense

Frank? Frank being Lila's killer makes no sense. Why would he do such a favor for Sam? Kind of a big favor, even if he is the designated thug.

And why does the new prosecutor have questions for Asher? He's the only one who's squeaky clean in all this.

The only thing that makes sense is that someone killed Rebecca. You can't piss off that many desperate people and expect to stay alive.

Nice move with Laurel hanging onto Michaela's ring.

Edited by kariyaki

I liked Rebecca. I felt for her when she realized that Wes no longer had faith in her. She loved him and his paranoia set in motion the actions that led to her death. This is his real sin. 

i wouldnt blame him she acted guilty

she was just to smug and ungrateful for me to feel sorry for her and hte whole scenario of black male risks his future for dumb emo white girl who is not even remotedly attractive is to eyeroll worthy for me to ignore

'like this show hasn't given me one reason why wes thought rebecca was so special or more attractive than michaela or laurel

Edited by teezy
  • Love 16

Annalise is the devil. And she's Wes' momma..

I thought it was heavily implied in both the scene where Annalise told Rebecca that they made him and the scene at the bottom of the stairs with Wes' head in Annalise's lap, but was this actually confirmed/stated on-screen?

• Love 1

Damn, I had not considered this possibility. So Annalise could still have been the one to order Frank to kill Lila.

• Love 3

FRANK! You know I was totally surprised, and then almost instantly was NOT surprised. Of COURSE it was Frank. He's been right in our faces, all season long, doing questionable, shady shit. ALL season. He wasn't even hiding. The show didn't even try to pretend he wasn't compromised.

I didn't see that coming and as I look back at it now I have no idea why I didn't.

I felt pity for her for a few seconds and then remembered she got that sweet, innocent guy sent to the PSYCH WARD to cover her own ass. I'm over it.

Edited by LaJefaza
  • Love 14

I would have felt more sympathy for Rebecca if she hadn't been so damned smug and if she'd had the sense to tell the group the truth from the beginning.  It was constantly getting caught in lies that tripped her up. 

I think at the end Frank and Annalise were discussing Rebecca's murder not Lila's.  And thing is I actually believe Frank didn't kill Rebecca.  As for who did....my money's on Laurel-or maybe even Nate. 

• Love 10

I really should be in bed, but I couldn't go to sleep not knowing.

While the COTW was mostly a waste of time, I still have to give Laura Innes' direction props.  She always knows how to get the most out of actors, and that was the moment where Michaela suddenly became amazing, and that carried over into the last episode.  I would have cheered her scene with Aidan's mother if it wouldn't have woken my husband.

The montage at the end where we cut back between the present day where we watch our characters lives fall apart more and the flashback to Lila's death was amazing.  The music was part of it, but they ratcheted up the tension in such a way that until I let my breath out when we finally saw Frank's face (partially because I was expecting it to be Bonnie), I didn't realize I had been holding it.

I think Conor and Oliver's horrible news has made me verklempt, and the only male/male relationship that I thought would ever hit me that hard was my own.  I think Conor loves him enough that he's still going to want to be with him, as much as Oliver would push him away.  There are things they can do to be safe.  I need one relationship on this show to work out.

ETA:  Bonnie killed Rebecca.

Edited by starri
  • Love 3

Well, Sam did kill Lila. Just not with his own hands. I didn't call Frank being the killer, but that wasn't necessarily shocking (about halfway through I thought they were strongly hinting at Bonnie). On the other hand...

Ok, did not see Rebecca being dead in the basement coming. I figured she'd only be around for this season (there wasn't really anything else for her character to do, and the actress had a post on Instagram that I thought strongly hinted she wouldn't be back for S2), but damn. Tbh, this is one of those case's where I didn't care about the character until she was dead. Is there a name for that trope? Anyway, she lied a lot and did some fucked up shit (Rudy) but she didn't deserve that. Oof, I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tonight. Not the most haunting tv murder ever but still, it gives me the heebie jeebies.

So, who killed her? Was it strongly implied that Annalise had Frank do it? And on that note, was Sam on the payphone a misdirection and Annalise was the one who ordered Frank to kill Lila?

Anyway, I guess they've figured out a formula to continue this series. Wonder how many people are gonna have to bite it until it's all over with.

Why is it so common in this universe for young, at-the-time innocent people to have burner cellphones along with a smartphone?

Laurel with the ring? I knew I liked her for a reason.

Michaela's southern accent was weird.

Nooooooo, Oliver!

• Love 4

FRANK! You know I was totally surprised, and then almost instantly was NOT surprised. Of COURSE it was Frank. He's been right in our faces, all season long, doing questionable, shady shit. ALL season. He wasn't even hiding. The show didn't even try to pretend he wasn't compromised.

I didn't see that coming and as I look back at it now I have no idea why I didn't.

Yes, my thoughts exactly!  It was a complete shock to me, but they've been dropping big hints all season long.  I think most of the shock comes from Frank working for Sam in this, not Annalise.

• Love 9

Wes was in an almost fetal position on the stairs, claiming it was all his fault. He very well could have killed Rebecca. But I don't think so. It takes a cold-blooded person to do that. Wes just doesn't have it in him to kill a girl he loved.

Frank looked like a straight up BOSS when he was climbing up them steps lol

he looks like an old school gangster lol

the music was great it gave me a creepy/horror vibe to it  i knew sam was full of shit when he told lila's dumb ass he loved her and she fell for it. Did she really think he was gonna leave his wiffe for some trashy college skank who hopped in bed with a married man

please

• Love 6

I thought it was heavily implied in both the scene where Annalise told Rebecca that they made him and the scene at the bottom of the stairs with Wes' head in Annalise's lap, but was this actually confirmed/stated on-screen?

No. Annalise is not Wes' mother. 

• Love 2

Laurel really was the true revelation of tonight. She is truly going to become something interesting to watch next season.

Can't wait to find out who Nate called. 

I'm sorry but I went from horror to applause when Rebecca was revealed to be dead. Am I horrible lol 

I knew as soon as Oliver was insisting on the std test that he was going to have something and not Connor. He was too judgmental of Connor but seemed to forgot that they banged on the fax machine  upon their first meeting. 

I'm so glad that a lot of the characters that I thought were expendable got a whole hell of lot interesting tonight so Kudos on that. 

Edited by Whitley Trillbert
  • Love 4

Honestly, I blame Rebecca for Wes' lack on trust in her at the end. For the whole season, she went out of her way to look dishonest and be secretive when Wes was asking for a little bit of honesty--okay, a lot. Now, I could understand her mindset if it wasn't clear that Wes would believe her if she had been honest out of the gate. This dude lied about being her lawyer, killed for her, and fought tooth and nail for her just about every step on the way and she kept withholding information. Without him, she'd be in jail (but alive).

• Love 13

No. Annalise is not Wes' mother.

As she was stroking his hair, as her mother had done to her, she called him "son".... there's a whole lot about his easy and quick admittance to law school, being in her class, being one of her chosen students.... and her being raped by an uncle and maybe having to give up a baby for adoption. Makes me think he's her son. Just my hunch.

• Love 18

Do you think there is anyway that Laurel could have known Frank killed Lila, or perhaps had a suspicion? I ask because her basically asking him to "take care" of Rebecca seemed a bit OTT. Yeah, he's done some shady shit, but going from getting rid of a car to murdering someone is quite a leap.

Do you think there is anyway that Laurel could have known Frank killed Lila, or perhaps had a suspicion? I ask because her basically asking him to "take care" of Rebecca seemed a bit OTT. Yeah, he's done some shady shit, but going from getting rid of a car to murdering someone is quite a leap.

didn't he ask annalise did she need him to handle sam's sister like three episodes ago and the way he used the word handle was not in a friendly manner lol

im not shocked at frank killing honestly next to annalise he is one of the most shady characters on this show and i can't figure him out because we don't really get to see him on screen alot 

• Love 1

I feel like Frank killing Lila at Sam's request is kind of a cop out.  It lets them argue that Sam really did do it, but also that he is innocent.  And while I wasn't expecting it, I wasn't shocked like I would have been if it was Annalise or Bonnie or someone else. I don't love Rebecca, but I did feel bad when they all turned on her, and even more that she ended up dead when she didn't actually kill anyone.

I feel like the mention of Wes's mother killing herself is to bring back questions about his parents, which means they'll likely make him Annalise's son.  Which I was hoping would not happen.

I thought it was interesting that they ran that promo about the show being back in the fall.  ABC hasn't officially announced a renewal for it (although it has been clear based on ratings that they will).