Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Dethroned

• Start Topic

In the Season 3 finale, SUR's annual photo shoot turns tense as Tom Sandoval confronts Jax for stabbing him in the back. Katie forces Tom Schwartz to take action in their relationship, while Tom Sandoval and Ariana take their relationship to a whole new level. While Stassi accepts Lisa's invitation to the restaurant's anniversary party, she finds returning to SUR more tense than nostalgic.

In the Season 3 finale, SUR's annual photo shoot turns tense as Tom Sandoval confronts Jax for stabbing him in the back. Katie forces Tom Schwartz to take action in their relationship, while Tom Sandoval and Ariana take their relationship to a whole new level. While Stassi accepts Lisa's invitation to the restaurant's anniversary party, she finds returning to SUR more tense than nostalgic.

Those 3 little words depress me far more than they should.

That aside, I can't wait for this finale and then the lost footage and the reunion show(s).

After that, I'll be stuck with no choice but to relive my favorite moments courtesy of my DVR until Season 4 starts up.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

Season 3 finale, but for me, it's "whole new level"...whatever have Tom and Ariana done?

Murder/suicide? I'd prefer that to another badly acted scene where they profess their lame-o love for one another, and I'll hurl if they get engaged. At least the honeymoon will be free, courtesy of one another's eyes.

• Love 8

After that, I'll be stuck with no choice but to relive my favorite moments courtesy of my DVR until Season 4 starts up.

I find myself in a FI Tom situ. We got a new TiVo, and all my seasons of VR were on the old TiVo. I really hope that Bravo airs the first two seasons again so I can record them.

Eta: Why isn't this show available on Hulu for TV?

Edited by Shelby

I find myself in a FI Tom situ. We got a new TiVo, and all my seasons of VR were on the old TiVo. I really hope that Bravo airs the first two seasons again so I can record them.

Hopefully, your FI Tom situ doesn't involve a crazy ex! :-)

• Love 1

I'm really hoping FI Tom's confrontation with Jax at the photo shoot involves more tears.

I just can't get enough of FI Tom and his overwrought, angst-filled weeping.

If I were Ariana, I'd constantly try to find ways to make him sob just so I could be treated to the sight of his crying.  

I'd hide his flat iron and hair products and concealer.  That would probably do it.  

• Love 12

I saw the preview.  Man, for all of Jax's & FI Tom's preening & fussing over their grooming at the annual photo shoot, they're both really kinda so-so -- at best.  I mean, they look OK from a distance, but honestly, you can bring up pics of a bazillion younger models in a second, on the zillions of Tumblr blogs (or random pics on Instagram), who look way better than either of them.  

Fact is, they're both kinda long in the tooth to be doing this shit.  I thought Jax looked sweaty & swollen (as usual) & FI looked like a meth-head (his usual look).  This is supposed to be attractive?  Still, I'm luving how they both are so completely (and delusionally) convinced they're super-duper hot.  Makes me howl.  Keep it up, show.  Luv it!

OK, was it so "organic", as the VR producer insisted this show always is, that Scheana just happened to tell FI how Jax ratted on him, right before they were gonna be in a pic together?  Er, this totally looked like a producer set-up to me.  Well, anyhoo, guess it doesn't matter cuz I liked it.

Seemed to me Scheana noticed FI was more disturbed that Jax ratted on him, than he was over whether Jax might be "lying" about him.  In fact, I don't think he ever mentioned anything at all about Jax lying.  Scheana looked at him & said (rather sharply) she thought he was just busy trying to quickly think up something/anything to say to defend himself.  Lame, FI, really lame.

Hmmmm, I'd say it's lookin' pretty good FI banged Miami Girl.  Weeeee!  Bring it on, show!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

Scheana looks so much cuter without the false eyelashes.

Was that one server skateboarding in high heels? Not bad.

She looked cuter and younger.

I think the server skateboarding was Dani.

I thought DJ Muppet Baby looked really good in the 50s getup! I'm not even getting into the perils of smoking, but the way he smokes is kind of cool looking, at least in the context of that era.

I think any guy looks better clean shaven, I hate facial hair. Thank goodness I got married in the 90s because it's hard to find dateable boys now, with their girly skinny jeans (eew) and scruff. However, Jax was clean shaven in this ep for the first time that I've seen, and it was no improvement. I can't even imagine how bad that greaseball smelled in the heat coupled with a leather jacket.

Kristen was missed. Hope she makes an appearance in the full episode.

• Love 5

Scheana looks so much cuter without the false eyelashes.

She was gorgeous in the make-up chair before they broke out the trowel.  In general, I am impressed with the skill she shows in her make-up application, even if I don't necessarily like the look, but she was so pretty with a more natural look and hopefully she eventually switches over to one. 

She was gorgeous in the make-up chair before they broke out the trowel.  In general, I am impressed with the skill she shows in her make-up application, even if I don't necessarily like the look, but she was so pretty with a more natural look and hopefully she eventually switches over to one.

How crazy is it that she's naturally so good looking, but all the time she spends fussing with her hair & makeup actually makes her look worse?  And her hair & makeup, considering she claims to do most of it herself, is pretty good.  Er, WTF?

I am so hoping FI banged Miami Girl.  Just to prove smug ole Ari was outright lying & covering for his cheating skankbag ass.  Everyone on this show is a lying liar who lies.  And I wouldn't have it any other way, thank you.  

Right now I'm in serious delusion & not believing there will be an actual end in sight.  In addition to a 10 part reunion, maybe 10 eps of lost footage?  More panic attacks from Schwartzie or Katie pitifully begging & pleading for marriage proposals that will never ever occur?

• Love 5
(edited)

Seemed to me Scheana noticed FI was more disturbed that Jax ratted on him, than he was over whether Jax might be "lying" about him. In fact, I don't think he ever mentioned anything at all about Jax lying. Scheana looked at him & said (rather sharply) she thought he was just busy trying to quickly think up something/anything to say to defend himself. Lame, FI, really lame.

Scheana is smart. It gets lost under the narcissism and fake eyelashes but she knows how to size a person up. I've always gotten the feeling she learned something about deceitful pretty boys from Eddie Cibrian. I missed the first look (*sob*) but I'm guessing Tom didn't spend much time berating Jax for needlessly causing Ariana emotional distress given that she is the only innocent figure among the Jax/Tom/Miami Girl triumvirate of scabies.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Jax is realky not hard to follow. He will always lie about his girl situations cause he always wants options. He will also always lie to avoid looking bad to people BUT when homeboy has a good bit of gossip and can share it with people that wont be upset by him saying it he is a teller of truth.

Also I have a long list of people I know smarter than arianna which starts with my 8 month old.

• Love 4

How crazy is it that she's naturally so good looking, but all the time she spends fussing with her hair & makeup actually makes her look worse?  And her hair & makeup, considering she claims to do most of it herself, is pretty good.  Er, WTF?

Right?  Her skills are like pro level, but I guess maybe her taste is the problem.   I wonder if she gets all done up like that all the time or just when filming, kind of like how you have to put on really thick stage make-up when performing.  

I'm so jealous of the East coast people since it's already SUR o'clock, but on the other hand, the season is already over for them.

Ariana essentially insulted both her best friend and boyfriend by saying that. Ugh. The others have their faults but I find Ariana the most insufferable of them all. Have a nice big slice of humble pie, honey.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yes, Scheana told her not to be stupid just because she was in love. Right around when she asked Ariana if she was on FaceTime with Tom all day and she admitted "it didn't work in his room" (kind of like his dick if we are to believe Miami Girl). Ariana replied that not only was she not stupid, she is smarter than anyone she has ever known. Which is (A) kind of an asshole thing to say in front of your BFF and boyfriend and family, (B) comes on the heels of an admission that your true love's phone worked everywhere except the place with a bed inside of it, and (C ) leads me to believe she has been around a lot of idiots (which is true, but it's like she is fruit hanging an inch away from rotten fruit on the ground and calling herself the world's most magnificent orchard. Or something. I don't know, ask Ariana Hawking).

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

"I'm smarter than anyone I've ever met in my life." :/

I'm guessing that Ariana has only meet this crowd and her parents.

Stassi is such an epic asshole. Of course this basic boring bint would think Katie owes her an apology. Katie put all of the effort into their relationship so of course she's in the wrong. Hell, Katie put all of the effort into her relationship with Schwartz. Katie needs to leave those jerks in the dust. Also she looked fantastic in her 50s fashions.

Jax lies like he breathes. Though it was rather hilarious that his truck was towed.

• Love 4

Loved stassi calling them all evil considering that shes a one person axis of evil herself. But is it weird that if I had to choose what kind of evil I prefer id go with her one person shitshow over watching the passive aggressive pile-on the rest of the chucklefucks engaged in as she was leaving? It was pathetic that were only able to throw shade en masse and behind her back.

Sadness. All is not lost, y'all, we still have the finale and secrets revealed. 

Um...so I hate Jax, but I kind of understood what he was saying at the end. He doesn't actively wish he could rewrite history because all of his mistakes have led him to this point, which he feels might be his peak. I remember that Miami episode where he told his friend "I don't regret anything because it's all led to this!" in the club and thought, Oh how sad. I think this might be as introspective as Jax gets though. 

"FaceTime didn't work in that particular hotel room." Ariana, you are dumb, dumb, dumb. 

• Love 2

Yes, Scheana told her not to be stupid just because she was in love. Right around when she asked Ariana if she was on FaceTime with Tom all day and she admitted "it didn't work in his room" (kind of like his dick if we are to believe Miami Girl). Ariana replied that not only was she not stupid, she is smarter than anyone she has ever known. Which is (A) kind of an asshole thing to say in front of your BFF and boyfriend and family, (B) comes on the heels of an admission that your true love's phone worked everywhere except the place with a bed inside of it, and (C ) leads me to believe she has been around a lot of idiots (which is true, but it's like she is fruit hanging an inch away from rotten fruit on the ground and calling herself the world's most magnificent orchard. Or something. I don't know, ask Ariana Hawking).

Did I hear right that Scheana told Ariana that when she was with Eddie that he would be texting his wife during this convo?

• Love 3
(edited)

Eh, Idk, sorry, West Coasters, but I was kinda disappointed.  Just ended with Jax walking away, babbling a bunch of senseless bullshit.  True, I did get a giggle cuz we see the butthead's car getting towed away -- who knows why.  Sheesh, what a fuckin' loser!  Hope the reunion is better than this.

Stassi made an absolute fool of herself.  She had a convo with Katie where she completely made no sense & she also looked like a total loser.  Then she literally runs away into the night -- merely cuz Jax shows his ape-face mug at SUR.  So what?  He really has such an effect on her -- still?  Well, guess so, since she found some dude to latch onto who looks just like him.  Scheana got in a great line that since Stassi doesn't have a job, she'll show up anywhere there's an open bar.  Oh man, score, Scheana.

So FI admitted to nothing.  But Scheana said to Ari what Jax told her & Kristen bout FI banging Miami Girl.  Well, Ari's reaction said everything.  In her TH, Ari pretty much said Scheana should mind her own fucking business.  And Ari's really annoyed cuz she says everyone thinks she's an idiot.  Yup, smug ole Ari actually said to Scheana she thinks she's smarter than ANYONE she knows.  Hmmm, I've never actually heard anyone say that line before, but OK then, Ari, you charmer you.  Um, translation for all of this crap?  Ari already knows FI banged Miami Girl.

So what do I take away from this?  That I'm annoyed as fuck with Ari for her ridiculous smug posing & lying, and for covering FI's cheating, lying skankbag ass.  But they get their "happy ending" cuz FI asks her to live with him & she says yes.  Whatever.

Lisa doesn't seem to have a prob with Kristen being at SUR.  And they talk about why she shouldn't be working at SUR.  OK, so what?  She's still with James, so guess she's still maintaining a connection to the show?  Hmmm, she better hold on tight to James.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ariana sure is a bit crazy and delusional. Interesting, given how much she loves to point out that Kristen is crazy and delusional.

I would not have been happy about Tom's choice of timing when he asked her to move in if I were Ariana (and if that moment were real and not so clearly scripted). I know it's a show for our viewing pleasure, but their entire relationship is based around Kristen. If Kristen actually does back off, I think that's when the magic will fade with these two.

It was really odd how Ariana's defense mechanism seems to be her own perceived intelligence. She was getting visibly upset and speaking more about how their problems were their business in her THs -- which is a different tune from the usual "it definitely didn't happen because of how rational and smart I am."

ETA: The next time my friends are trying to save me from myself or warn me or stage an intervention or whatever, I'm keeping "I'm smarter than everyone I've ever met in my life," in my back pocket.

Edited by eringogreen
  • Love 4

I think Jax's truck got repo'd and he knew it. And I just laughed and laughed because I could almost see the tiny gears in his head turning, trying to think of what con he was going to have to run to get the money to get it back. Better call Miami John.

• Love 2

Such a glorious little season finale.

UNTIL MOTHERFUCKING DIRECTV CUT OFF THE LAST 45 SECONDS OR SO AND I MISSED JAX GETTING HIS TRUCK TOWED.

Goddammit.

Ariana, try as you might, you will never (I say NEVER) reach Stassi's previous greatness in the snotty, uppity, snarking, shade-throwing queen bitch department.

Have a few seats, shut the fuck up, and get your nose out of the air before you drowned during the next heavy rain.

Well, old Vail kind of came in like a lion and went out like a lamb.  Can't say I care whether she returns next season or not.  She never did seem to find her groove on the show, not even with trying to mind fuck Jax and Peter simultaneously.  Bye Felicia.

Apparently Schwartz has been taking lessons from FI Tom on squeezing out tears.  Too bad Kristen wasn't there to wipe it from his cheek with her big ol' man hands like she did FI Tom.  Now, that would have been an interesting scene.

Schwartz, stop being Peter Pan.  You've been living with Katie 4 years.  Just how drastically can that little piece of paper change things?

It's going to be interesting to see which course he chooses.  After all, this VPR outrageously low salary is only going to pay so many bills, and I suspect he needs Katie's financial assistance.  

I suppose he can always go bunk with James in what surely must be his bedroom in his parents' place and not that apartment complex Bravo shows us as his "apartment."  That looks like a 12 x 12 bedroom with an adjoining bathroom.  And what's behind the curtain?  The Wizard?  

I noticed all of the beverages and other random food items stowed on those shelves directly behind him.  Interesting choice of storage area if you have, you know, an actual apartment with a refrigerator and all.

And even in the scene where he was auto-tuning Schaena's godawful voice, they were all jammed together next to the bed like sardines in a can.

Apartment, my ass.  Even in Hollywood, I've never seen an apartment that small.  Not an efficiency apartment, not a studio apartment.

If that's an apartment, it makes Jax's place look positively spacious by comparison.

Either that or he has a bunch of layabout roommates all through the rest of the apartment who won't move their asses for filming and the curtain is to hide the evidence.

Funny, I thought Lisa said Kristen could no longer be at SUR socially on top of being fired.  Obviously, Kristen was James' date, but I had gotten the opinion not being welcome there socially would include such events as this.

I think Lisa knows if Kristen goes the ratings will take a hit.  I look to see Kristen back in some capacity next season.

I think she should get her bar tending certificate and work side by side with Ariana behind the bar at SUR.

And, to the poster who inquired above, why yes, indeedy, Scheana did indeed say Eddie would text his wife during their get-togethers.

Save it, Scheana.  The mental giant known as Ariana has deemed your advice and rational suggestions not worthy of infiltrating her big old dome of wisdom.

I'm sure I'll have further rants after my next viewing.  Since freaking DirecTV cut off the last 45 seconds or so, I'm having to record it again later and Shahs of Sunset so I can make sure I catch Jax-O-Lantern's truck getting towed.  Oh, and WWHL so I can see the sneak peek of the VPR reunion.  

• Love 8
(edited)
I have to admit I gained a bit of respect for Scheana when she pointed out that Tom lied about his hookup with Ariana for years. Smartypants did not like that one bit.

No, she didn't like that one bit.  And Ari let her know she was really annoyed cuz she spoke back to her in a really shitty disrespectful tone.  Scheana ignored it, but I sure didn't.  You suck, Ari.

"FaceTime didn't work in that particular hotel room." Ariana, you are dumb, dumb, dumb.

Did she make up that dopey lie or did FI?  She ain't so smart if she made that dumb shit up.  I howled when she said FI is not a liar or a cheater.  We know he's both.  Ah, but Ari is just sooooo much smarter than everyone else.  Give it up, Ari.  Hope she & FI come clean at the reunion, that he banged Miami Girl & she knows & has known about it for a long time.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
(edited)
Well, old Vail kind of came in like a lion and went out like a lamb.  Can't say I care whether she returns next season or not.  She never did seem to find her groove on the show, not even with trying to mind fuck Jax and Peter simultaneously.  Bye Felicia.

Yup, Vail made a fatal mistake.  All that cock teasing & sex talking with no follow-up was her undoing.  The people on this show bang.  And they bang a lot.  Well, at least they all bang someone -- either on the show or off.  And Vail keeps saying, by her own admission, she teases & bangs nobody.  OK, then, hun.  Good luck with that life strategy.  If it helps you to not be a junkie and/or drug addict, that's of course a great thing.  But it also makes you totally unfit for this show.  Be gone.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

I don't get why Jax constantly tries to lie about stuff. It's all caught on camera so doesn't he realize at some point they'll see it?

These peeps may be a lot of things but I have to agree with Lisa that they sure do look good.

Katie looked fantastic in that 50's get-up with those hot pants.  Smoking!

James of course didn't have to style himself differently for the photo shoot since he's always channeling that era.

FI Tom looked good.  Ariana's body looked good but her face looked ratchet.  (And her comment about her being the smartest person she ever met, ahahahaha.)  I don't care if FI Tom cheats and if Ari doesn't care, no-one else should either.  Move on.

Always good to see Stassi leaving.

• Love 3

Such a glorious little season finale.

UNTIL MOTHERFUCKING DIRECTV CUT OFF THE LAST 45 SECONDS OR SO AND I MISSED JAX GETTING HIS TRUCK TOWED.

Goddammit.

Ariana, try as you might, you will never (I say NEVER) reach Stassi's previous greatness in the snotty, uppity, snarking, shade-throwing queen bitch department.

Have a few seats, shut the fuck up, and get your nose out of the air before you drowned during the next heavy rain.

Well, old Vail kind of came in like a lion and went out like a lamb.  Can't say I care whether she returns next season or not.  She never did seem to find her groove on the show, not even with trying to mind fuck Jax and Peter simultaneously.  Bye Felicia.

Apparently Schwartz has been taking lessons from FI Tom on squeezing out tears.  Too bad Kristen wasn't there to wipe it from his cheek with her big ol' man hands like she did FI Tom.  Now, that would have been an interesting scene.

Schwartz, stop being Peter Pan.  You've been living with Katie 4 years.  Just how drastically can that little piece of paper change things?

It's going to be interesting to see which course he chooses.  After all, this VPR outrageously low salary is only going to pay so many bills, and I suspect he needs Katie's financial assistance.  

I suppose he can always go bunk with James in what surely must be his bedroom in his parents' place and not that apartment complex Bravo shows us as his "apartment."  That looks like a 12 x 12 bedroom with an adjoining bathroom.  And what's behind the curtain?  The Wizard?  

I noticed all of the beverages and other random food items stowed on those shelves directly behind him.  Interesting choice of storage area if you have, you know, an actual apartment with a refrigerator and all.

And even in the scene where he was auto-tuning Schaena's godawful voice, they were all jammed together next to the bed like sardines in a can.

Apartment, my ass.  Even in Hollywood, I've never seen an apartment that small.  Not an efficiency apartment, not a studio apartment.

If that's an apartment, it makes Jax's place look positively spacious by comparison.

Either that or he has a bunch of layabout roommates all through the rest of the apartment who won't move their asses for filming and the curtain is to hide the evidence.

Funny, I thought Lisa said Kristen could no longer be at SUR socially on top of being fired.  Obviously, Kristen was James' date, but I had gotten the opinion not being welcome there socially would include such events as this.

I think Lisa knows if Kristen goes the ratings will take a hit.  I look to see Kristen back in some capacity next season.

I think she should get her bar tending certificate and work side by side with Ariana behind the bar at SUR.

And, to the poster who inquired above, why yes, indeedy, Scheana did indeed say Eddie would text his wife during their get-togethers.

Save it, Scheana.  The mental giant known as Ariana has deemed your advice and rational suggestions not worthy of infiltrating her big old dome of wisdom.

I'm sure I'll have further rants after my next viewing.  Since freaking DirecTV cut off the last 45 seconds or so, I'm having to record it again later and Shahs of Sunset so I can make sure I catch Jax-O-Lantern's truck getting towed.  Oh, and WWHL so I can see the sneak peek of the VPR reunion.  

I ended up watching Shahs first, and the car being Towed was a part of my recording.

• Love 1

Kind of meh.  

Katie can teach Scheana a thing or two about wearing high waisted shorts.

I kind of hope the surprise guest on the reunion is Miami Girl. I don't care if FI cheated wither her or not, but I'm sure bringing her out would be amazing.

• Love 6

I really thought that, at that SUR party, Stassi reminded me of one of those girls in the Robert Palmer video, 'Addicted to Love.' The slicked back hair, the red lips, the dead-eyed expression.

Anyone else? Just me then?

I'll show myself out.

• Love 2
(edited)

Good call.  Only diff was the Robert Palmer girls were not blondes, but otherwise I can totally see it.  Actually, I just was thinking how dreadful her lipstick looked on her & I was wondering if her black dress looked kinda out-of-place in LA in the dead of summer.

It was hilarious when the whole cast was making fun of her, especially her statement necklaces.

Yeah, I got the feeling this was totally producer-driven cuz they wanted to give Stassi a big huge fuck you.  In any case, well done, producers.  Liked it.

Well, wait.  I heard this & sorta ignored it or misunderstood it.  But now that I've thought about it & digested it a bit, er, WTF does this mean?  Oh, I get why Scheana said it.  To prove to Ari that a cheater can easily text their way to an alibi to a spouse/partner/gf/bf.  But it was a dumb & useless thing to say to Ari, since I'm convinced she already knows FI is a cheater & she doesn't care, because their relationship is completely fake.

Anyhoo, by saying this, did Scheana just admit she knew Eddie was married when they were gettin' together?  Er, huh?  I thought she has ALWAYS strenuously denied knowing he was married.  What the what?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I've always kinda liked Scheana, and actually bought her line that she didn't know eddie was married & left him as soon as she did find out....so, if that were true, it would not seem likely that she could have seen him texting his WIFE (she clearly said 'wife', NOT 'ex-wife') during their trysts. Therefore, Scheana is joining the ever popular Lying Liars Who Lie Club.  I'm hoping this comes up at the reunion. I wondered if Brandi was watching and was tempted for an entire nano-second to look up Brandi's Twitter so see if there was any menton - but decided none of the involved parties are worth the bother.

• Love 2