Type keyword(s) to search

Lady Gaga Will Appear In The Next Season Of American Horror Story

• Start Topic

Hollywood Reporter says Gaga will be a "series regular" so I think she will have a main role alongside Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Kathu Bates, and whoever is in the next season. http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/921861

The "Hotel" theme makes sense as I remember reading in the speculation thread that one of the theories was that the "top hat" clue refers to Marlene Dietrich who was a regular at an old Hollywood hotel called "The Garden of Allah" which hosted many famous celebrities and was demolished in the 1950s. So I can see this being a haunted hotel story with sex, drugs, murder, etc. like "The Shining" but set in LA. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Allah_Hotel

• Love 2

Hollywood Reporter says Gaga will be a "series regular" so I think she will have a main role alongside Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Kathu Bates, and whoever is in the next season. http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/921861

The "Hotel" theme makes sense as I remember reading in the speculation thread that one of the theories was that the "top hat" clue refers to Marlene Dietrich who was a regular at an old Hollywood hotel called "The Garden of Allah" which hosted many famous celebrities and was demolished in the 1950s. So I can see this being a haunted hotel story with sex, drugs, murder, etc. like "The Shining" but set in LA. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Allah_Hotel

So what were the other clues?

I think that Season 5 is supposed to be set in the present day, isn't it?  I seem to recall reading that this next season would be back to modern times.

So that has me thinking back to the last 'present day' season of AHS -- which was Coven.  Seeing that the seasons all tie in together in some way... Wasn't there a hotel in Coven at some point?  Didn't Jessica Lange's character go to a hotel on at least one occasion?  I'm blanking out on that season because Freak Show is still fresh in my mind.

Edited by Sherry67

Wasn't Murder House Season 1 present day?  I just watched it to catch up a few months ago and I recall the frame story was present day.

Yes, and there could be a hotel connection there too, but the most recent present day season was Coven and I thought I remembered a hotel in Coven at some point  So I am trying to think of a connection between Coven and this upcoming Hotel season, just as Asylum and Freak Show were connected in the period/past settings.

• Love 1

Yes, and there could be a hotel connection there too, but the most recent present day season was Coven and I thought I remembered a hotel in Coven at some point  So I am trying to think of a connection between Coven and this upcoming Hotel season, just as Asylum and Freak Show were connected in the period/past settings.

Was the jazz man killer guy living in a hotel?

• Love 1

Hotel looks like fun and Gaga has some acting experience. She has been in a couple movies: one being Machette Kills which is humorously campy and violent which would fit into a horror genre and Ryan Murphy's vision.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
Was the jazz man killer guy living in a hotel?

Didn't he just murder some random jazz enthusiast so he could have their apartment? I don't remember it being a hotel, but I could totally be wrong. 

I've never seen her in anything, but I feel like seeing Lady Gaga act might be fun. Also, I love the hotel idea.  Has anyone seen any news about who among the regular cast will return for S5? I haven't been able to find anything. 

Edited by Beezel

As magnificent as she is, even Lady Gaga can't save Ryan Murphy's convoluted storylines.  I'm officially done after he destroyed Freak Show, I refuse to get all pumped up for yet another giant letdown.

• Love 2

I also read that Sara Paulson might have another show on network tv. Without her and Jessica, it might not be very good. Last season had way too much gratuitous sex and was uncomfortable for the family to watch.

Last season had way too much gratuitous sex and was uncomfortable for the family to watch.

Any Asylum was comfortable?! With, you know, rape and mutilations?

I don't have any opinion on Lady Gaga, but I doubt it could be worse than Freak Show, couldn't even finish this travesty, that's how bored I was.

Edited by FurryFury

Apparently, the "top hat" clue from Freak Show refers to Lady Gaga all along, according to this article from Huffington Post. The clue refers to "Top Hat", a 1935 Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers musical set in a hotel, and the theme song is "Cheek to Cheek", also the title of the Jazz album by Gaga and Tony Bennett. So much for the operation top hat theory! http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6800874

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

I still gonna have to hold my breath on this one. I hope it's not like a stevie nicks role were she comes in as Lady gaga! Checking in hotel! HOHOHO OR! Remember freak show they had famous singer who was only in it for 2 ep's only to be killed dandy? I forgot her name, so maybe small role like that?

I can't stand Lady Gaga's "acting" so I hope she gets killed within the first 10 minutes of the first episode, preferably before the opening credits. And no Lady Gaga songs please! I would be pissed if they suddenly started dancing to "Bad Romance" in the middle of a scene.

Also, stay out of Gaga’s way. You, too, Leo.

gaga.gif

leo-2.gif?w=670

As Lady Gaga walks up to the stage, DiCaprio, who is up for best actor in a movie for “The Revenant,” can be seen laughing. However, as the pop star passes him, he changes his tone, raising his eyebrows at her. Edited by talula
  • Love 1

LADY GAGA HAS JUST WON HER FIRST EVER GOLDEN GLOBE!

Ohhh, Queen Latifah threw shade during Lady Gaga’s acceptance speech. Latifah lost to Gaga.

Latifah was laughing at Gaga for saying she wanted to be an actress before she wanted to be a singer.

Watch the video to see the shade thrown at Lady Gaga:

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

I respectfully disagree. For one thing, Gaga probably didn't know what he was laughing about, let alone that he was laughing at her, which I don't think he was. As for Gaga's win, while I think she's a great musician, singer and performer, when it comes to acting, there were other people in that category who are much better than her.  At least Leo didn't forget to thank his loved ones, unlike Gaga's forgetting Taylor Kinney, aka her fiancé.

• Love 5

When Lady Gaga was announced as the winner, I let out this very loud scream of shock and dismay.  So loud that it didn't make my cat run from me, but to me, with this wtf? is wrong with you look.  I'm sorry. It just seems to be a real slap in the face from the Hollywood Foreign Press to all the really great female actors everywhere and especially the ones that have been nominated on AHS alone.  I didn't hate LG on Hotel, although I really didn't care much for Hotel at all, I simply thought her acting was below par - no where near award winning.  It's been several years since I've watched award shows and I guess I tuned in to this one because there were a few people I would have like to seen win in their categories.  None of them won. Which was mostly fine because the people who did win deserved to win.  Well, almost.

If DC did laugh at her for winning, that's just cruel.  But, I do think that a lot of people were extremely shocked. In my opinion, worth nothing, I think they had a right to be.  I know these award shows are kind of bonky going in, but the LG win helped me realize that these awards truly mean nothing.  And that's sad for those winners who (Brie Larson) are absolutely mind blowing in their chosen craft (this particular case "acting") in the entertainment business.

• Love 7

I respectfully disagree. For one thing, Gaga probably didn't know what he was laughing about, let alone that he was laughing at her, which I don't think he was. As for Gaga's win, while I think she's a great musician, singer and performer, when it comes to acting, there were other people in that category who are much better than her.  At least Leo didn't forget to thank his loved ones, unlike Gaga's forgetting Taylor Kinney, aka her fiancé.

I thought he was laughing at something said to him - he's looking at the person next to him. Then he gives her that look when she shoves his arm out of her way.

If I'm wrong, then he's an ass for laughing at her. I may not think she deserved to win, but she doesn't deserve that. I think it's brave for anyone to at least try something different. They may not be getting shot at, but brave on a personal level. I've never been a huge Leo fan, either. 

I know these award shows are kind of bonky going in, but the LG win helped me realize that these awards truly mean nothing.

Maybe they thought she rose above what she was given to work with. I was impressed with Kaley Cuoco when she appeared on the final season of Charmed for that reason. Did the other actresses win in another category or already have awards? That can be a factor.

I like her, I've justified/rationalized her performance on the show...I think she won this because of her name.  

The DiCaprio thing was weird, I don't think she really noticed bumping into him, and looking at the gif's I feel like that's all he's laughing about (the bump, with her focus totally on getting to the stage) which isn't so bad, imho.  I also noticed Queen Latifah's reaction, and when they flashed the a couple other cast members there didn't seem to be a lot of love going Gaga's way.  I kind of got it, though, because there was something weird about her speech.  "You helped me shine, I guess" or whatever it was exactly came off a little...off to me.  And, y'know, I do think it was about the name.  Sucks their names aren't as big as hers with this particular awards-giving crew, because this cast was really strong.

I'm curious to see what she does next, acting-wise.   That'll either validate this or make it one of those wins people question until they're forgotten.

• Love 3

Did she have any scenes with Sarah and Wes (other than the one where he filled her full of lead with no dialog)? I noticed the Kathy omission but she was rattling off a long list of names.

She had 1 scene with Sarah and and a few with Wes the one you mentioned and when they met in Episode 8. I can understand why she didn't mention them. The cast list is long. I agree with a few Kathy was an omission she worked with her more then Chloe. She didn't thank her boyfriend either lol. I guess people are so annoyed she won they are going for everything she said.

AHS is award bait. I like the show so I don't really mind. There are plenty of shows I hate that are award bait so to have one that I enjoy be baity is a nice change. Did Gsga deserve to win?....eh? Are their people who deserve to win more then her, most definitely. (Even on AHS). Does she deserve to be torn apart for winning...no.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

I think it's strange to pick apart who she thanked and didn't.  She seemed pretty shocked to me, it was almost like she was naming the people she saw in the audience at the AHS table.  Given that, how can you fault her for not remembering everything us internet commentators can recall (with the help of the crowd and Google)?  And if that was feigned surprise...maybe she does have serious acting skills.

• Love 2