Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

If this season looked shaky at the beginning it's registering on the Richter Scale now....

<snip>

The ending of this series sounded like a shambles but the current crop of episodes are shambolic themselves....

Will you accept this rose for the used of the word "shambolic" to describe this season? Much classier than the "sloppy seconds" term I use.

Just because RS may or may not be an egotistical loser (personally I'm neutral on this) doesn't mean Nick didn't get to home base with Kaitlyn asap. Time will tell, but as another reality show producer said about their show's awful contestants that season, if they didn't say it or do it on camera, we can't edit it, so don't blame the editing monkeys.

I already am calling this season's MenTellAll the best MTA ever! Unless Kaitlyn cancels it....

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 10

About Nick -  first, I don't see hm as the bad guy because he told that he and Andi had sex.   He didn't go to the media and spill the beans, he did it on the show, on the MTA , and was talking TO Andi, not about her behind her back.  I think it's quite possible that he tried to have a conversation with her and was not allowed the opportunity, and was most likely encouraged by producers to use the show as the time and place to ask her.  His point to Andi was not just about sex, but about a level of emotional intimacy that he thought they shared, and he wanted to know if it was "real"  on her side, or if she was just stringing him along.   Basically, because she said she knew all along it was Josh, he wanted to know whey she led him to believe it would be him.  I think he was looking for acknowledgement that there was something real between them, or to admit that she was playing a role and being deceptive. 

On the current season -   What I don't believe is that Kaitlyn and Nick had not met in person before the Aladdin thing.  She greeted him like they were a couple, she showed a higher level of intimacy with him than she has with any of the guys she has "dated"  on the show.   I wonder when the clip of her saying she had sex with someone, and Reality Steve saying it is Nick -  there's the possibility that she 'fesses up that she had slept with him already before the show.    OR -   that she continues to deny they already had a relationship, and then when they hook up again, she can pretend it "just happened."  Because the vibe I get from them is that they were involved already-  they were too easy with each other, no awkwardness you would expect form meeting someone in person for the first time.   And the conversation about how they "never met before"  was stilted, it wasn't genuine.  If true, there was no reason to say it to each other in a "we never met before" "Yeah, just texts and phone calls"  way.  that meeting was following a script. 

I even wonder if that was the whole set up for Kaitlyn's season -  that she was approached for the show, she said she was already dating nick, and the producers came up with a plan to incorporate Nick into the show, so they had a plot.  It would explain, to some extent, how Kaitlyn has been kissing all the guys, but has not seemed to favor one over another, she doesn't even seem to differentiate one from another.   she can't even weed them out in a rose ceremony!   I think that the F1 was going to be nick all along, because they were already dating, and the producers wrote a story around that.  The rest of the guys are just the background players, much like Kaitlyn and whoever in the Aladdin play. 

• Love 4

Interesting theory backformore and I completely understand your rationale and with this show, I wouldn't put it past them. And I agree about Nick and Kaitlyn intimacy when they met. It wasn't about the actual kissing because I actually thought her makeout with Shawn in the first episode had more heat and lust behind it than her kisses with Nick this past episode, but it was more the intimacy in how she and Nick held and reacted to each other. 

That being said, for your theory to be right, it means RS's spoilers are completely wrong because he's saying Kaitlyn picks no one. And this is exactly what's throwing me off this season with the spoilers. For the record, my questioning Nick as the sex guy has nothing to do with RS's obvious disdain for him and just thinking about the logistics of the whole situation. 

Again, if we take what RS is saying at face value, Nick and Kaitlyn were full on flirting, talking every day, facetiming and some of it wasn't PG-13. And then she lets him on the show, already four weeks into the filming (or wait was it four weeks or we were just up to Episode 4. So that might have only been two weeks but whatever), upsetting many of the guys. We already know Ian all but eliminates himself by calling her out pretty harshly. But despite all that she lets Nick stay and then she proceeds to have sex with him before the FS. But then she feels so guilty and bad about it that she confesses to some of the guys but not bad enough to not keep Nick around and then brings him to the F2 and then turns him down in the end. 

My thing is I can accept that Kaitlyn at the end realized she wasn't in love with either guy or at least at the point of accepting a marriage proposal from either. However, I'm sure she's watched this show before and so she must know how poor Brad was raked over the coals by some for not picking anyone and her situation is even murkier with the pre-FS sex and bringing a former contestant back and all that. It just seems to me that the wise thing for her, assuming all this is accurate, would be to just pick Nick to save face somewhat at least and break up after the requisite six months.

Because I do think picking him would lessen some, not all of course, but some of the criticism, especially if he is who she has sex with. Because then some would see it as the whole season, mess thought it was, made sense - she ends up with the person she brought back despite all the criticism and judgement she knew she would get, the person she was so sexually attracted to that she couldn't help herself sleeping with him, etc. But having all this happening and ending up with no one is just going to make things very, very bad for her in the court of public opinion. I mean even Juan Pablo picked someone - it was neither romantic or great and the whole ATFR was a mess but still. Of course, maybe at the end of the day she really stayed true to herself and decided to take all the criticism that will surely come her way than fake a relationship for a few months. 

Where does RS say that K told the guys that she had sex with Nick? I'm pretty sure that he said that she didn't tell the guys and that confession in previews is misleading.

She test-drived all F2 or F3 guys and found then lacking in the end. So she picks noone, not realizing the editing storyline she would get and the publich reaction.

• Love 1
(edited)

This is from Steve's May 20th column and he hasn't contradicted it since:

However, the tricky editing will have you believe that sometime afterwards, she sat all the remaining guys down and told them. That didn’t happen. She never told any of the guys. I had heard about the sex between Kaitlyn and Nick which I knew to be true, but then had heard she admitted it in an ITM. That wasn’t 100% confirmed so I held onto it. Now after seeing the preview, what you hear is a voice over of Kaitlyn saying “we had sex,” which was from an ITM of her talking about it, not admitting it to the guys. They did not know.

And as far as Andi and what she told Nick, I think the producers basically said "Look, you have to lie to

either the guy you slept with and are dumping, or the guy you're getting engaged to. You decide." And she did.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
(edited)

About Nick -  first, I don't see hm as the bad guy because he told that he and Andi had sex.   He didn't go to the media and spill the beans, he did it on the show, on the MTA , and was talking TO Andi, not about her behind her back.  I think it's quite possible that he tried to have a conversation with her and was not allowed the opportunity, and was most likely encouraged by producers to use the show as the time and place to ask her.  His point to Andi was not just about sex, but about a level of emotional intimacy that he thought they shared, and he wanted to know if it was "real"  on her side, or if she was just stringing him along.   Basically, because she said she knew all along it was Josh, he wanted to know whey she led him to believe it would be him.  I think he was looking for acknowledgement that there was something real between them, or to admit that she was playing a role and being deceptive.

I'm not sure I give Nick points for laudable discretion just because he outed his issues on ATFR with Andi in the room. That still counts to me as spilling the beans to the media. And if he made repeated attempts to air his issues with Andi before the show, and she evaded him, I think it's pretty immature of him not to get the message and drop it.

What did he expect to achieve by forcing his need for an explanation on her, other than to humiliate her in public? My mother had some great relationship-going-wrong advice that someone should have given Nick: "If you desperately have to ask the question, you already know the answer. Let it go."

He's lucky she was more discreet than he was. Was he prepared to have her say, "Whatever you imagined was going on between us, I never felt it. If you insist on knowing what I was thinking in the Fantasy Suite, it was that I believed you were a nice enough guy that I was willing to throw you a pity fuck. It didn't mean a damn thing to me, and I knew it wouldn't be a big deal to Josh either. We both knew the way this game show is played and he was cool with me doing some things I would never have done in another context. And by the way, you were a terrible lover, selfish and boring. If I'd had even the tiniest spark for you, which I didn't, that alone would have stomped it out. So there's your closure. Happy, now?"

And if Kaitlyn does try him out and then drop him, as RS claims, I can't wait to see his reaction this time. She strikes me as someone willing to be pretty blunt about her reasons for rejection. He may live to appreciate the wisdom of accepting a dismissal gracefully after all.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don't know how to link it, but it seems that Kaitlyn put out on snapchat a clip of her and Shawn in bed.   Of course its now been deleted but not after a few souls got screencaps of it and tweeted it out to Reality Steve.   Steve retweeted but hasn't said anything.  Guess he's working his contacts to see what went wrong with his original spoiler that she's single!  Granted she could be still "single" and just "dating" Shawn now.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ha, snapchat again. That's how some got confirmation of Andi and Josh last summer too, well excluding Nick's loud blabbing on a plane. Very interesting. Like I said, I knew something was strange that RS knew so much about what happened with Nick but not a peep about Shawn in the FRC or even the last days of filming but yet he was certain that she picked no one. 

eta: It is odd that this kind of slip up would happen. I mean Nick's blabbing was weird enough but he was in public and clearly unaware he was being filmed. And with Andi and Josh with the snapchat, someone just noticed Andi was the top follower before that was deleted. Why in goodness name would Kaitlyn make a video of herself and Shawn in bed and accidentally post it on Snapchat when she knows people follow her closely on there because she's been doing day after episodes videos using her Snapchat.

That's strange. All I can think is this is a "screw it" and she wanted it spoiled because so many in comments everywhere are referring to RS's spoiler and calling her out for not picking anyone. But how would the producers feel about this? It's crazy but I remember during Emily's season how much some Arie fans were certain the producers were making Jef put out fake evidence because he posted a picture of himself on a yacht that ended up being a smoking gun that he was Emily's pick.

The picture didn't really show anything, it was just that some were able to figure out the coordinates and place him in an island near the FRC location which made most conclude that it was from him and Emily spending time after the FRC. So many were convinced that he wouldn't be allowed to be so blatant and now we have leads "accidentally" posting themselves in bed with one of the guys while the season is airing.  Man two Bachelorette seasons in a row someone makes a big mistake that just blows the whole season. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
(edited)

Reality Steve didn't say she has no contact with Shawn, he said he didn't know one way or the other.  He did say that Kaitlyn is not engaged to him or Nick.  This does nothing to embarrass him. 

And there's no way to tell when that photo was taken.  Maybe she plans to post one of Nick and herself in bed, too.  We know she slept with both of them. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4

I will say this further makes me question her sleeping with Nick pre-FS. I watched the promo and there is a shot of her opening her hotel room door dressed very casually and that is definitely Shawn from the view of his shoulder. I've been saying it since the spoilers came out that something about it wasn't sitting right with me. 

So, K is in bed with Alf tonite and posted a vid of it? It's amazing that she has reached her 30th year if she is that dumb.

I am slightly disappointed that we might not get a Brad 1.0 ending since those are my favorite kind but as long as K still dumps Nick at the FRC, I'll be satisfied. That's why I am watching this season.

• Love 4

I like Nick, but if he is dumped after the FS and being F2 again, doesn't he become a bit of a joke? Could he really go on to be TB and women be so eager to come on and date/marry him (or keep up the fiction)?

If they bring anyone back, it'll probably be Josh (except if Andi pressures them not to).

(edited)

I sincerely doubt Andi has ANY power over TPTB, to dictate who they make the lead. Andi's no Emily who had a lot of fans and was so beloved as The Bachelorette (why, I have no clue) and I doubt even Emily would have that kind of power.

Edited by truthaboutluv

Kaitlyn is an idiot, wonder if Fleiss will go after her for giving away the ending?

Now it look like Josh will be the next lead and the most interesting thing about that will be Andi whining 

I like Nick, but if he is dumped after the FS and being F2 again, doesn't he become a bit of a joke?

I think that ship has already sailed.

LMAO at the Snapchat snafu. At this point I'm just watching to see how much worse this train wreck is going to get, and Kaitlyn doesn't disappoint.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ha, snapchat again. That's how some got confirmation of Andi and Josh last summer too, well excluding Nick's loud blabbing on a plane. Very interesting. Like I said, I knew something was strange that RS knew so much about what happened with Nick but not a peep about Shawn in the FRC or even the last days of filming but yet he was certain that she picked no one.

What exactly is there to "know" about the F2 other than his or her not being chosen? [snip]

I wonder this is counter-intel on abc's part. "The spoilers are wrong! Tune in every Monday night at 8:00 PM EDT to find out for yourself!"

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 3

There are days when I think like a conspiracy theorist. This is one of them.

I don't know how to link it, but it seems that Kaitlyn put out on snapchat a clip of her and Shawn in bed.   Of course its now been deleted but not after a few souls got screencaps of it and tweeted it out to Reality Steve.   Steve retweeted but hasn't said anything.  Guess he's working his contacts to see what went wrong with his original spoiler that she's single!  Granted she could be still "single" and just "dating" Shawn now.  

Dating would be so sane. Kaitlyn is flaky, but if she did this, I'd give her props.

Reality Steve didn't say she has no contact with Shawn, he said he didn't know one way or the other.  He did say that Kaitlyn is not engaged to him or Nick.  This does nothing to embarrass him. 

And there's no way to tell when that photo was taken.  Maybe she plans to post one of Nick and herself in bed, too.  We know she slept with both of them. 

Dating! I'd love it if she were dating both of them and we got the Most! Shocking! ATFR! Ever! for real, where she picks one over the other. Oh, wait, we had Jason's mess. Maybe the Second! Most! Shocking! ATFR! Ever!

Kaitlyn is an idiot, wonder if Fleiss will go after her for giving away the ending?

While I don't believe that RS is on the Fleiss payroll, Fleiss is no idiot and he knows this kind of thing generates interest. Would anyone keep watching this season if there weren't good spoilers out? Some would, yes, but spoilers help keep part of the audience engaged.

So I'm not convinced that this was released without the approval of TPTB. If there's a reprimand, it will be merely for show, IMO.

• Love 3

ABC's probably loving this. So much press over this SnapChat debacle, also has media literally writing "at least she didn't pick Nick" and it also threw something at Reality Steve since he said she wasn't with any of the guys.

• Love 1
(edited)

What exactly is there to "know" about the F2 other than his or her not being chosen? [snip]

[snip]

Typically RS details everything about the season and according to him there was no F2 since Kaitlyn chose no one. So my comment was that it was odd he was so certain she chose no one, even knew what order Nick came into the FRC, that he proposed and was rejected and yet seemed to know nothing about Shawn in relation to the end of the season.

That seemed suspicious to me and called into question how positive and confident he was in his spoilers. And now with this little Snapchat snafu, assuming it's real, which I believe it is, it does call into question just how much of RS's spoilers are accurate, in my opinion. Again, I'm not suggesting anything to anyone and asking them agree with my opinions. I personally thought something about the spoilers seemed off from the beginning and this Snapchat thing just convinced me I may have been right...again no one has to agree.

[snip]

And this time, from the beginning, my gut just said something about the spoilers seemed off.  I never questioned the spoilers for Chris' season or even Andi's, especially when the video of Nick was posted. Yeah I said it would have been awesome if the show did fake it to mess with RS but I never actually believed that to be a possibility. But something about this season's spoilers just didn't fully make sense to me and I simply said so [snip]

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 5

Let's not head in the direction of making it personal.

We all want the same thing here: to figure out what really happened before we actually see it on TV.

Thanks!

• Love 4

Typically RS details everything about the season and according to him there was no F2 since Kaitlyn chose no one.

Well, Shawn gets the "F2" designation because the season will (most likely) end with Nick's rejected proposal. So there's not much to know other than his not being there in the final scene.

• Love 2

if the season ends with Kaitlyn not being engaged, but wanting to continue dating someone she met on the show, that would be a much more sensible ending than we've seen in several years.   In real life, isn't that what people do?  date casually until you find someone you want to be in a relationship with?

If Kaitlyn comes out dating, but not engaged, then she's a lot smarter than I've given her credit for.

• Love 6

The story has gone major media, as I saw it on the MSN homepage.  If this whole thing was a stunt by ABC, then they are absolute idiots.  If it was just Kaitlyn's screw-up, then she's an absolute idiot. 

But either way, it makes Nick look like a masochistic idiot, and I'm absolutely OK with that. 

• Love 6
Here's an article from E! Online about the potential Snapchat spoiler, including a screencap. They also say Shawn isn't just a Ryan Gosling lookalike but equal parts  Calvin Harris, heh.

Wow, Shawn doesn't look the same as he did on the show.  I always hope that RS ends up with egg on his face, that's part of the fun of him. 

I'm putting in my vote for no Josh Murray as the Bachelor. I do not think he is a "nice" guy, as I remember him being the only guy actually getting angry that he had to take a lie detector test and then arguing with Andi over her making him take it. Earth to Josh: the producers, not Andi, come up with this stuff. So that made him angry and dumb in my book.

Then, on the hometown date, he lacked manners focusing the dinner table conversation on his brother and icing Andi out of the conversation. That is the Josh that any girl who dates him is going to get, and I don't know how ABC can unspin the Josh Murray family's obsession with sports, sports, sports!!! to make joining that family look desirable. 

The only upside to Josh is that it would drive Andi bonkers. And as much as I dislike Andi, I like myself more, and wasting a Bachelor season on Josh seems dumb. 

Now Nick might be okay, as his only fault is a propensity to fall in love too much.  But, he has a decent job, a huge family, uh oh, wait. I can see Whitney hitching her cart to Nick right about now.  He obviously is ready to settle down, has an insta-family for Whitney to latch onto. They can stay in Chicago together. I like it.

I think Ben H. might prove Bachelor worthy as the season goes on. He's conventionally good-looking, seems nice so far, will have the requisite heartbreak by F3, and the franchise needs a squeaky-clean palate cleanser who will go with the program like Sean did. Sean is one of the more popular Bachelors, so I can see Ben H's potential. 

• Love 5

I find Ben H the most appealing in that Boy Next Door type of way but my taste doesn't mesh with most, especially with Fleiss's partiality for d-bags. I have resigned myself that lunkhead Josh is gonna be TB.

That photo of Kaitlyn and Shawn (which has gone viral) could not have been released without ABC's consent.  For all we know, it was taken when they were in the fantasy suite.

• Love 3
(edited)

That photo of Kaitlyn and Shawn (which has gone viral) could not have been released without ABC's consent. For all we know, it was taken when they were in the fantasy suite.

Why not? Also, it was pulled shortly after its release--perhaps as soon as the show found out about it but not before screen captures were being circulated.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2

I don't think we'll ever know if it was accidental or deliberate.  If it was deliberate by ABC, they aren't going to admit they were throwing chum in the waters and deliberately humiliating a contestant (Nick).  If it was deliberate by Kaitlyn, it can only be seen as a "screw you" to ABC.   If it was accidental by ABC, they won't admit it.

Possibly it was an accidental post by Kaitlyn, and she'd admit it.  But it makes her look careless and makes ABC look unaware.

Seems like a lose/lose for everybody if there is some sort of explanation.  Though I suppose Chris Harrison could cautiously and circumspectly address it next week in his blog as no big deal.

• Love 1

if the season ends with Kaitlyn not being engaged, but wanting to continue dating someone she met on the show, that would be a much more sensible ending than we've seen in several years.   In real life, isn't that what people do?  date casually until you find someone you want to be in a relationship with?

If Kaitlyn comes out dating, but not engaged, then she's a lot smarter than I've given her credit for.

Well I personally have been advocating for a long time that they do away with the stupid engagement pressure and just make this a dating/romance show. Seriously, I guarantee you, without that engagement/you're supposedly getting married pressure, the show will have more successful pairings. I thought the Afterbuzz panel, especially Brooks, made some really good points about that very thing in this week's episode. Because look at Charlie O'Connell and Sarah for example. They stayed together for something like five years and then broke up. Now obviously they're not considered a success story from the show because they didn't get married, have kids, etc. but to me, in a way it was a success story.

Yes turns out they weren't each other's forever but five years is a pretty solid relationship and clearly means that there was real love between them and they found that on the show. But the whole fantasy about finding "my husband/my wife" puts all this pressure on the contestants and then as soon as they're out of the bubble of the show they have all this pressure and really expectation by many to fail and it's little wonder so few make it. So if Kaitlyn did decide she didn't want to become engaged to anyone but did want to maintain a relationship with Shawn, then props to her. 

That photo of Kaitlyn and Shawn (which has gone viral) could not have been released without ABC's consent.  For all we know, it was taken when they were in the fantasy suite.

Yeah but I think the consensus is that this was an accident by Kaitlyn. She filmed something with them while together that she didn't mean to publicly upload but did and she wasn't fast enough to remove it because that's social media. The second it's up, someone has already screen-capped it. 

• Love 1

I don't use Instagram yet. Can it set up private groups like on Facebook and Twitter?

If so, it could be that she intended to send the photo to a couple of friends and mistakenly released it to her general account.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think (admittedly Snapchat is the one social media tool I haven't really gotten into and so don't fully understand) that apparently she was talking to someone or intended to send it to one friend, presumably someone who already knows who she chose. And yes, I have no idea why she would be making a video for a friend while cuddled in bed with her boyfriend or whatever he is but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, rather than sending to this one person, she accidentally uploaded it to her Story which is where all friends/followers can see it.

In other words, these are very public videos/pictures. And so when she did that, some viewers were able to see the video before she realized what she did and took it down. But too late, some of those followers had already screen-capped it. I think it's interesting that amidst all this firestorm, neither Kaitlyn or Shawn have appeared on twitter or any of their social media. If this truly was a boneheaded accident on her part, wonder how much hot water she's currently in right now with Fleiss and company. 

eta: Btw, it is interesting if Kaitlyn and Shawn really are together because Shawn is the one Britt was also immediately attracted to when he came out of the limo and got really sad when he basically said to Kaitlyn in front of her, that he came specifically for Kailtyn which by the way was kind of a shitty thing to do. Especially after that pretty unnecessarily long and over the top hug he gave Britt. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

The cynic in me believes that the photo was released "accidentally" on purpose, to quell the storm that has been brewing about Nick.  Even Reality Steve is now back peddling about the final rose ceremony.  I believe he was right the first time, and that due to the backlash, the final rose ceremony has been reshot and she has now accepted a "proposal of sort" from Shawn.  Sort of like what happened with Jen and Jerry, but the reverse. 

• Love 3

The cynic in me believes that the photo was released "accidentally" on purpose, to quell the storm that has been brewing about Nick.  Even Reality Steve is now back peddling about the final rose ceremony.  I believe he was right the first time, and that due to the backlash, the final rose ceremony has been reshot and she has now accepted a "proposal of sort" from Shawn.  Sort of like what happened with Jen and Jerry, but the reverse. 

I think this is plausible. At this point, "plausible" is as far as I'll go with anything. It's still early!

(edited)

I can see them editing certain things along the way, but I absolutely do not think they would re-stage a final rose ceremony and change the ending.  The logistics of doing it MONTHS after the original ending was shot are mind-boggling.  The crew is currently in Mexico shooting BIP, and while it may sound easy to just send the 3 of them back to the mansion for a quick re-shoot, I don't see that.  That's big money.   Don't people live there when there's no filming?

I just can't see it.  The "backlash" thus far has just been Kaitlyn's character and Nick's appearance.  One photograph is not going to force a major TV network to spend that much time & money on completely changing the ending. 

Hell, Eric from Andi's season DIED after filming and they just filmed a little in-studio blurb afterwards to include.  This "drama" is nothing big to them.  It could even have been planned. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

The ending could actually be changed pretty easily without refilming anything--keep it as is for the F2 to be dismissed, keep the footage of the F1 arriving, grasping her hands, heartfelt speech, blah blah blah, let Kaitlyn look into his eyes or whatever she does, and CUT! There you are, it's the most dramatic rose ceremony ever, to be continued LIVE on After the Final Rose!

• Love 3

I am so curious to know if she actually picked no one at the FRC, then decided later to hook up with Shawn. Or was RS wrong, and she really did pick Shawn at the FRC? I am sure he is scrambling to find out. The other day he was 1000% sure he was right.

It would be a real shocker if she decided to date both men, and Nick saw this picture of her in bed with Shawn!!

So poor Nick is the F2 again....always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Good lead to become the next Bachelor, and I personally would enjoy him, but I think he is too hated.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can see them editing certain things along the way, but I absolutely do not think they would re-stage a final rose ceremony and change the ending.  The logistics of doing it MONTHS after the original ending was shot are mind-boggling. 

They've done it before.  I can tell you with absolute certainty that Jen's Final Rose ceremony was "re-staged".  Jen gave Jerry her final rose at the end of October, they broke up late November.  The show premiered in January. Her final rose ceremony was reshot in early February, while her show was still airing. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 1

Ok, I'm going to throw another conspiracy theory our there. Unless i'm just not getting the full photo on my phone, I couldn't tell that was Kaitlyn--just saw some brown hair, not the girl's face. What if Kaitlyn and Shawn did break up but they were communicating via social media, as this girl is wont to do with suitors, and he basically sent a screw you, I moved on with my new girl response and BAM! she posts it and everyone assumes it's just her. (I mean it's probably 99% likely is her, but thought I'd throw it out there.)

• Love 1

Jen's season was 10 years ago.  The contracts these folks sign are a lot more in-depth and have a lot more restrictions than they had way back then. That's been stated by Trista, DeAnna and Meredith.  Couples can't just break up when they feel like it, it's at the direction the producers these days. 

I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Love 1

I did a google search for the video and Perez Hilton has the snapchat video up on his website. You can see a little more of the woman, and it definitely looks and sounds like Kaitlyn. 

Jen's season was 10 years ago.  The contracts these folks sign are a lot more in-depth and have a lot more restrictions than they had way back then. That's been stated by Trista, DeAnna and Meredith.  Couples can't just break up when they feel like it, it's at the direction the producers these days. 

That's simply not true. I personally know one of the B'ettes, not one of the last three or four but relatively recent. They are under NO obligation to maintain their relationships because of some mysterious ABC contract. If they make public appearances or have magazine photo shoots, either together or separately, ABC has some (but not all) control over that but mostly from the angle that they can't bring ABC or the Bach/ette franchise into disrespute, e.g., they wouldn't be allowed to do a nude shoot or something.

But as for their personal relationships, they absolutely can and do do whatever works best for them as has been proven over and over again with every season - some are broken up before ATFR, some last a few months, some a year, some longer, and some even go on to marry. Just like in normal real life, the relationship works or it doesn't and almost always there are some inevitable bumps along the way.

I just have to laugh when I read some of the stories out there on social media and in blogs and forums about the evil Mike Fleiss and how much control he has over these individuals. He doesn't. The more publicity there is for various and sundry reasons about the Bach/ette makes him happy because it keeps his show in the limelight and makes him even richer but be assured, the individual stars and contestants are doing their own thing. They're regular human beings looking for love and happiness and they're as prone to doing dumb and stupid things as the rest of us.

• Love 4

That's simply not true. I personally know one of the B'ettes, not one of the last three or four but relatively recent. They are under NO obligation to maintain their relationships because of some mysterious ABC contract. If they make public appearances or have magazine photo shoots, either together or separately, ABC has some (but not all) control over that but mostly from the angle that they can't bring ABC or the Bach/ette franchise into disrespute, e.g., they wouldn't be allowed to do a nude shoot or something.

But as for their personal relationships, they absolutely can and do do whatever works best for them as has been proven over and over again with every season - some are broken up before ATFR, some last a few months, some a year, some longer, and some even go on to marry. Just like in normal real life, the relationship works or it doesn't and almost always there are some inevitable bumps along the way.

I just have to laugh when I read some of the stories out there on social media and in blogs and forums about the evil Mike Fleiss and how much control he has over these individuals. He doesn't. The more publicity there is for various and sundry reasons about the Bach/ette makes him happy because it keeps his show in the limelight and makes him even richer but be assured, the individual stars and contestants are doing their own thing. They're regular human beings looking for love and happiness and they're as prone to doing dumb and stupid things as the rest of us.

Thanks for sharing your personal story. I met a girl once who was one of the hopefuls on The Bachelor, and while she couldn't tell me much it seemed like she had more choice in the matter than some of the blogs/forums/etc. would lead you to believe. Funny thing was the reason I met her was she was briefly dating a friend of my husband's who is pretty much known as a sleaze-ball player shortly before her stint on the show.  He's a great guy otherwise, but I lost track of how many "girlfriends" he had. At one point she was rumored to become a future Bachelorette, but from my conversations with her the answer if they asked would've been something along the lines of "oh hell no!"

I know these people kinda sign their lives away when they go on these shows, but I don't think they sign away THAT much of their life to the point where they have no control at all.

As an aside the "nude photo shoot" comment in your post made me laugh because all I could think was "unless it's on the show!"  I think I know what you meant - no Penthouse or something - but since they've actually DONE the nude photo shoot it cracked me up.