Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Welcome To Amsterdam?

• Start Topic

The only thing shown was the scavenger hunt. Would it surprise you at all to learn that Eileen and Kim end up on a team and so do Kyle and Brandi? I didn't think so, but hey allegedly those names were randomly drawn!

Oh and would it further surprise you to learn that Kim was whining about her knee being sore and so forth? I didn't think so ...

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 12

Ugh. Bravo aired the First Look at 12:12, and I missed it.

Anyone catch it?

Yes, it was all about the scavenger hunt/race Yolanda throws and nothing else. They show a lot of Kim whining and being a stick in the mud and 1 scene where Yolanda treats Lisa V and Lisa R like small children! LOL

• Love 3

I love Eileen's hair in the first look. It looks great when styled more casually.

Loved watching them killing themselves to split a shake between three of them.

Lisa's butt was rock hard in yoga pants. Still not buying it's real. She does 45 minutes on the treadmill, at the most - as told on WWHL. That's not a muscular butt.

I usually find Camille's face plastic to the point of unattractive ness. She looked good with soft hair and makeup.

• Love 4

I love Eileen's hair in the first look. It looks great when styled more casually.

Lisa's butt was rock hard in yoga pants. Still not buying it's real. She does 45 minutes on the treadmill, at the most - as told on WWHL. That's not a muscular butt.

I usually find Camille's face plastic to the point of unattractive ness. She looked good with soft hair and makeup.

I do think it is her butt naturally. She wears spanks or something like that and doing DWTS got into better shape.

• Love 3

Lol. The fake ones I have seen look ridiculous. Kim K. Her sister's. Renee's from Mob Wives TI's wife's best friend, they have a reality show but I only saw her on Wendy Williams' show it looked beyond fake.

Lisa's looks real to me.

I never understood why someone would get a fake ass. It looks so odd.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Camille did look good.  I'm buying a lace blouse this week.  In the first look I saw Eileen in a green one, Lisa V in white and Brandi in a black one with a hot pink bra.  They all looked great.  It's the best I've seen Brandi look in a TH, maybe ever.

Yolanda treating the 2 Lisas like kids...LOL.  I think she wouldn't have shared a shake regardless of the flavor because, calories. And isn't she supposed to be on a 21 day cleanse?  Dairy is probably poison to Yo whether she's on a cleanse or not.  Hilarious and so true was Kyle's line about not sharing a straw with Brandi.

Eileen with the finger quotations again.  She's really starting to annoy me.

Lisa's booty jiggled like a real one when she was running.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

Finally, an episode that looks like it's going to be pure fun and not filled with all that ugliness and back-stabbing. I wish there were more like this one. It's refreshing to see a bunch of spoiled rich women working together, forgetting all about their stiletto Louboutin's and just sweating like everyone is supposed to. I agree that Camille looked better than she ever has, but she has a hot young boyfriend and that's good for her. Eileen is still my favorite down-to-earth housewife, "we're gonna beat em to a pulp!". I also noticed that Lisa Vanderpump is knock-kneed. I had noticed it in a previous episode and saw it again in this episode. It's good to know she has some imperfections that can't be fixed by a plastic surgeon. (hee-hee) I'm looking forward to watching the entire episode. First look was just over too quickly.

running_anime_girl_by_evilinsideofmegirl

• Love 4

I thought the first look was airing last night (this morning) and that my DVR didn't record it for some reason. Just saw it now and agree that it's nice change of pace to see the ladies doing a different activity like a scavenger hunt. 

Interesting that Eileen was allowed to bring a friend and be a team captain considering that Yolanda organized the activity. I wonder if Brandi or Lisa had any feelings about not being chosen as a team captain. 

Kim seemed to be having the least amount of fun. She complained about practically everything and clearly didn't want to be there. Whose arm needs to be twisted to drink a portion of a milkshake unless there's a lactose issue or something like that? Jeez. Yolanda seemed a little annoyed that she didn't get a sip of a vanilla shake. 

Love the blonde woman who was presumably a fan of the show interestedly watching the women from across the street. I work in Century City so seeing the ladies running along Santa Monica Blvd which I drive down multiple times per week was fun and I know I'd be a total lookiloo too if I'd happened to see them filming.

Hilarious and so true was Kyle's line about not sharing a straw with Brandi.

It was a little mean but I laughed and I maintain that Brandi brings these sorts of comments on herself. And no, speaking for myself, I would not be willing to share a straw with Brandi Glanville. 

• Love 7

Finally, an episode that looks like it's going to be pure fun and not filled with all that ugliness and back-stabbing. I wish there were more like this one. It's refreshing to see a bunch of spoiled rich women working together, forgetting all about their stiletto Louboutin's and just sweating like everyone is supposed to. I agree that Camille looked better than she ever has, but she has a hot young boyfriend and that's good for her. Eileen is still my favorite down-to-earth housewife, "we're gonna beat em to a pulp!". I also noticed that Lisa Vanderpump is knock-kneed. I had noticed it in a previous episode and saw it again in this episode. It's good to know she has some imperfections that can't be fixed by a plastic surgeon. (hee-hee) I'm looking forward to watching the entire episode. First look was just over too quickly.

running_anime_girl_by_evilinsideofmegirl

Lisa is "knocked knee" and Kyle is "bow legged" ! LOL Oh...and Kim is just ugly lazy and is using her cough"injuries"cough to whine!

I thought the first look was airing last night (this morning) and that my DVR didn't record it for some reason. Just saw it now and agree that it's nice change of pace to see the ladies doing a different activity like a scavenger hunt. 

Interesting that Eileen was allowed to bring a friend and be a team captain considering that Yolanda organized the activity. I wonder if Brandi or Lisa had any feelings about not being chosen as a team captain. 

Kim seemed to be having the least amount of fun. She complained about practically everything and clearly didn't want to be there. Whose arm needs to be twisted to drink a portion of a milkshake unless there's a lactose issue or something like that? Jeez. Yolanda seemed a little annoyed that she didn't get a sip of a vanilla shake. 

Love the blonde woman who was presumably a fan of the show interestedly watching the women from across the street. I work in Century City so seeing the ladies running along Santa Monica Blvd which I drive down multiple times per week was fun and I know I'd be a total lookiloo too if I'd happened to see them filming.

It was a little mean but I laughed and I maintain that Brandi brings these sorts of comments on herself. And no, speaking for myself, I would not be willing to share a straw with Brandi Glanville. 

Yolanda is captain of her team...the Lisa's. I don't think Lisa cares about being a captain but would have preferred the pink team shirt though. I guess Yolanda does not like chocolate, at all but I agree with Ryebread, she wouldn't drink the shake even if it was a vanilla one. LOL

• Love 3

Interesting that Eileen was allowed to bring a friend and be a team captain considering that Yolanda organized the activity.

Eileen's friend, Lynn, is the same one she went paddle boarding with.  If you recall, Eileen drove to Lynn's house which is RIGHT on the beach.  They walked down the steps to the sand, picked up their paddle boards and took off from there.  Now, that house to me has the potential to be the best.  Yo's interior and exterior is my favorite but you have to go down her very long driveway and backtrack to cross the PCH to walk on the beach.  I don't know the beaches in Malibu - are houses directly on the beach sought after or is a house like Yo's in the hills just above the beach more desirable?

Maybe Lynn is being groomed to be Kim or Brandi's replacement?  A girl can hope.

• Love 8

Eileen's friend, Lynn, is the same one she went paddle boarding with.  If you recall, Eileen drove to Lynn's house which is RIGHT on the beach.  They walked down the steps to the sand, picked up their paddle boards and took off from there.  Now, that house to me has the potential to be the best.  Yo's interior and exterior is my favorite but you have to go down her very long driveway and backtrack to cross the PCH to walk on the beach.  I don't know the beaches in Malibu - are houses directly on the beach sought after or is a house like Yo's in the hills just above the beach more desirable?

Maybe Lynn is being groomed to be Kim or Brandi's replacement?  A girl can hope.

That would make a better home to tour than Kim or Brandi's homes for sure.

• Love 2

They needed a total of nine people.  Maybe someone else, perhaps Taylor, canceled at the last minute, and Eileen's friend kindly volunteered.

• Love 2

So far, the episode looks like fun.  We'll see about the rest.

Ok, so how many here would have a problem downing a milkshake all by themselves if they had to.  Raise your hand.  Hmm.  Hardly anyone. 

Yeah, I wouldn't drink from Brandi's straw either. 

Kim must be sober in this scene. 

• Love 4

I missed seeing First Look today and when I searched for it online found pictures and a video clip of them filming the scavenger hunt.  

It's not surprising that Kim would be complaining about "pain" again.  I didn't notice her in these photos or the clip.

Damn!  Camille looks great!

Filming Scavenger Hunt

• Love 4

They're both desirable, they have different pros and cons. Houses that are directly on the beach are also directly on PCH. Their addresses will literally be "XXX Pacific Coast Highway," so going out your front door means walking onto a highway. Also, depending on the location, public access to the beach means people might be walking just outside your property. Obviously, your money can you buy a lot more if it's not beachfront property. That said, those homes are, in fact, on the beach, so they are pretty amazing. But, no, you're not going to have beachfront property and also have a lemon grove. It all depends on what you want most out of a home.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 4

All those camera and production people.  They are why I have such a hard time believing that very much of what we see is authentic.  How can you have an honest argument or even a real conversation when these people are all up in your business like that?  I just can't believe that the Housewives get so used to them being around that they just don't notice them anymore.  It just all feels so scripted.

All of them doing what they do, whether it's Kim acting out, Kyle chasing her down, Brandi threatening to knock someone's teeth out, Yolanda baking a chicken in her skivvies, just feels so....fake.... knowing that they've got a roomful of people with cameras and microphones pointed at them.

• Love 3

They're both desirable, they have different pros and cons. Houses that are directly on the beach are also directly on PCH. Their addresses will literally be "XXX Pacific Coast Highway," so going out your front door means walking onto a highway. Also, depending on the location, public access to the beach means people might be walking just outside your property. Obviously, your money can you buy a lot more if it's not beachfront property. That said, those homes are, in fact, on the beach, so they are pretty amazing. But, no, you're not going to have beachfront property and also have a lemon grove. It all depends on what you want most out of a home.

Here in Michigan, the Great Lake State, homes directly on our beaches are highly desirable partially because you don't have the foot traffic (and definitely no paparazzi) like I imagine Malibu does.  We lived in a house on the lake but we had a sea wall and a dock yet no beach.  My desire is to someday own a house where I can walk out my door, into the sand and paddle away in my kayak.  Or just walk for miles on the beach in private.  You can have that here in Michigan but it's cold as balls for 5 months of the year. 

Malibu - on the beach or up on a hill overlooking the beach. Having sand at your doorstep or the stellar view like Yo's.  It would be a tough choice.  Lynn's house looked a bit larger and more private than the ones you see shoe horned in on the PCH.  But tbh, I'm not even sure hers was in Malibu.  I just took it for granted because she's Eileen's friend and she lived on the water.  I'm even less familiar with other seaside areas in south Cal than I am with Malibu so maybe there's someplace that's the best of both worlds.

• Love 3

All those camera and production people. They are why I have such a hard time believing that very much of what we see is authentic. How can you have an honest argument or even a real conversation when these people are all up in your business like that? I just can't believe that the Housewives get so used to them being around that they just don't notice them anymore. It just all feels so scripted.

All of them doing what they do, whether it's Kim acting out, Kyle chasing her down, Brandi threatening to knock someone's teeth out, Yolanda baking a chicken in her skivvies, just feels so....fake.... knowing that they've got a roomful of people with cameras and microphones pointed at them.

I had the same reaction to watching that video. The production people and crew are everywhere and all over them. I've watched filming of TV shows and movies on the streets of NYC and there's a lot of downtime between shots. I saw the same thing in that clip which totally negates any spontaneity between the cast. They may not actually be following a written script but they are definitely being directed and following instructions. Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

After all the discussion of Lisa's butt, I had to take a gander for myself.  It looks to me like she is using those contoured type Spanx (kinda like the equivalent of a padded bra).  During this ridiculous Scavenger Hunt, she's running or moving in a way that reminded me of backstage at a drag show...or should I say her butt did.  They just don't look like implants to me.

• Love 2

I thought Eileen pegged Kim when she pointed out that Kim doesn't really like to follow the rules.  With Kyle and Eileen's team neck and neck it will be interesting to see  the "competitive" sisters go all out.  Yolanda and Lisas look like the team from hell.  I was kind of hoping that Kim would have been a team captain.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Camille did look good.  I'm buying a lace blouse this week.  In the first look I saw Eileen in a green one, Lisa V in white and Brandi in a black one with a hot pink bra.  They all looked great.  It's the best I've seen Brandi look in a TH, maybe ever.

I'd love to have the boobs that go inside that lace blouse. She looked incredible in it.

252185D700000578-0-image-m-87_1422430931

• Love 1

A friend of mine was on a reality show and i went to visit her during filming and I got to experience being filmed for a few days (fortunately, none of our "scenes" were on the final show). I will say that I was surprised by the number of crew members on hand for our 2-person lunch. It was the cameraman, the mic operator, some sort of producer who was taking notes, lighting people (with actual lights), and others - as a result of the commotion, there was this bubble around us, none of the other restaurant patrons would come near us. I was shocked by how "on display" (TM M. Gorga) I felt. That said, our conversation at the time was real. For me, I personally could never get over the feeling of being "on stage" and being watched. If it was just the two of us alone, I felt totally fine - as soon as the crew came around, though, my throat would get tight and I would have this low-grade anxiety about being on camera. But what I noticed was that my friend - and her fellow cast mates - they had absolutely no change in self-consciousness. They just kept going like normal regardless of whether the cameras were there or not. That is when it clicked: "Aaah, this is what makes a great reality TV cast member!"

• Love 6

A friend of mine was on a reality show and i went to visit her during filming and I got to experience being filmed for a few days (fortunately, none of our "scenes" were on the final show). I will say that I was surprised by the number of crew members on hand for our 2-person lunch. It was the cameraman, the mic operator, some sort of producer who was taking notes, lighting people (with actual lights), and others - as a result of the commotion, there was this bubble around us, none of the other restaurant patrons would come near us. I was shocked by how "on display" (TM M. Gorga) I felt. That said, our conversation at the time was real. For me, I personally could never get over the feeling of being "on stage" and being watched. If it was just the two of us alone, I felt totally fine - as soon as the crew came around, though, my throat would get tight and I would have this low-grade anxiety about being on camera. But what I noticed was that my friend - and her fellow cast mates - they had absolutely no change in self-consciousness. They just kept going like normal regardless of whether the cameras were there or not. That is when it clicked: "Aaah, this is what makes a great reality TV cast member!"

Do you mind me asking what reality show your friend was on?

Yolanda hosts a scavenger hunt around Beverly Hills, and the ladies must push aside their various issues and work together as teams. Elsewhere, the women jet to Amsterdam for a group trip, yet huffy dramas between the Richards sisters continue.

The only thing shown was the scavenger hunt. Would it surprise you at all to learn that Eileen and Kim end up on a team and so do Kyle and Brandi? I didn't think so, but hey allegedly those names were randomly drawn!

Oh and would it further surprise you to learn that Kim was whining about her knee being sore and so forth? I didn't think so ...

Randomly drawn?  We didn't see the slips with the names on them. The bravo producers just hired an actor who memorized what he was fed. Call me jaded.

• Love 2

How can you have an honest argument or even a real conversation when these people are all up in your business like that?

I think though that once an argument probably starts going, it's easy to forget the cameras and so forth because you're arguing! But yeah generally I'm sure there's a lot of directing going on. I'd have to think for Eileen and Lisa R the cameras being right there probably isn't that big a deal because they've been acting for years. I would also tend to think over time, you get used to it and sort of learn to get past the cameras and people being around.

• Love 2

I remember Carrie/SJP had a Gucci fanny pack in an episode of SATC, I thought it was odd but maybe we are missing the ironic fashion statement.

We are so gauche.  Kyle's fanny pack wasn't Gucci, it's Chanel.  And they are no longer called fanny packs. 

Belt bag, peasants, belt bag.

• Love 9

We are so gauche.  Kyle's fanny pack wasn't Gucci, it's Chanel.  And they are no longer called fanny packs. 

Belt bag, peasants, belt bag.

Hahaha yep I'm central Minnesota, the closest I get to designer are knockoffs people bring back from Mexico, lol. But it will always be a fanny pack!!

• Love 4

A fanny pack is a fanny pack. It doesn't matter if it Hermes black ostrich with 14 karat gold accents...it's a fanny pack...

....and it looks only somewhat good on a very, very few young, fit and fabulous.

• Love 3

It's not surprising that Kim would be complaining about "pain" again.  I didn't notice her in these photos or the clip.

Drunk or sober Kim sucks the good time out of anything she's involved with. I was enjoying the first look, all of it except any portion she was on.

• Love 13

My first thought when Kim was whining about her knee pain?

"Yup, there she goes, laying the groundwork for needing more pain meds."

Honestly, that woman has me so jaded that I assume she uses any ache or pain as her go-to excuse for a trip to the ER for a quick "pick me up."

Also, as much fun as the first 12 minutes or so of this episode look, doesn't it quickly spiral into the Kim shenanigans when they arrive in Amsterdam towards the end of this episode?

Maybe she's extra bitchy because her knee still hurts and she couldn't score any pain meds.

Yeah, I'm totally a suspicious bitch when it comes to Kim.  I've learned if I expect the worst from her, I'm rarely disappointed.  

• Love 10

Yes, I'm right there with you guys.  If Kim is whining about "pain" of ANY kind, I immediately think , "PAIN MEDS!" "GIMME SOME PAIN MEDS!"  I just can't help myself.  I'm getting to the point where I just couldn't give two craps about that woman.  She's just a big ball of no ability to self-reflect, no ability to figure out she's not a "STAR" anymore, no ability to do any frickin' thing. Just blah.blah.blah. from her piehole. UGH!

I AM looking forward to Amsterdam, maybe Yo will go visit her ailing Mother? We can hope.  I just want to see all the cool architecture, the waterways, the great museums, the flowers, the windmills.  Actually, if we didn't have to watch these women at all, I'd be ok with it.  Just give us some travel stuff.

• Love 5

I just want to see ONE visit to a pot café.  :-)

LisaV would be the most interesting to see under the influence in that way because she tries so hard to stay 100% control I'd be curious to know how it would effect her.

I just see Kyle and LisaR laughing their asses off. Surfer Eileen I still just see being relaxed and chill. I don't know how it would effect Kim but it wouldn't be anything good. Brandi would be all about getting food. Yolanda would be MIA. 

• Love 5

LisaV would be the most interesting to see under the influence in that way because she tries so hard to stay 100% control I'd be curious to know how it would effect her.

I just see Kyle and LisaR laughing their asses off. Surfer Eileen I still just see being relaxed and chill. I don't know how it would effect Kim but it wouldn't be anything good. Brandi would be all about getting food. Yolanda would be MIA. 

LMAO!!!

If Lisa V partakes of the herb just keep any feathered or furry bummed animals away from her. She has talked way too much and enthusiastically about animal bums.

• Love 1