Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/23/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 2/23: Trai Byers, Tai Beauchamp, guest co-hosts Stacy London & Samantha Ponder

Tu 2/24: Mark Duplass, Kate Walsh, guest co-hosts Stacy London & Samantha Ponder

We 2/25: Gabrielle Union, guest co-hosts Stacy London & Samantha Ponder

Th 2/26: Diane Sawyer, Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Maia Mitchell, guest co-hosts Stacy London & Samantha Ponder

Fr 2/27: Christie Brinkley, Ming-Na Wen, guest co-hosts Stacy London & Samantha Ponder

Today, so far, is the worst show I've ever seen. Whoopi is still dumb. Stacy is on puppet strings, all wiggling and animated. The blond adds nothing. Nicole is still acting like a bossy noob and Rosie P can't make a good point to save her life. After all this time as a hardcore watcher, I may have to stop. It's not even worth hate watching anymore. Awful bad.

Whoopi just said don't tweet or email her again, she doesn't care. That seals it.

• Love 12

Whoopi just said don't tweet or email her again, she doesn't care. That seals it.

Why doesn't the ABC execs tell her STFU?  Audiences don't like being told they don't matter.  And that is exactly what Whoopi is doing.  Why should someone continue to watch a show where the host is basically saying I don't give a shit what you think about what I'm saying?   OK Whoopi, you don't care what we think then maybe we should all just stop watching then.  Which by the ratings I'm guessing that is what has been happening.

• Love 16

I don't tweet or email people who are on TV.  Maybe I will someday, I just rarely watch shows "live", I record everything and catch up when I feel like it. 

BUT - every other show, it seems, encourages viewers to tweet, text, email about the show.  "Scandal"  was rather famous for it, encouraging live tweeting between fans and actors while viewing the show, and now a lot of dramas do the same thing.  Local news shows ask viewers to tweet questions and comments.  Reality contest  shows do it all the time - american Idol, The Voice - they rely on the audience being involved.  

The ONLY show I've seen where anyone says "Don't tweet me, I don't care!"  is The View.  and it's just a bullying tactic. She just likes to yell.   If Whoopi truly didn't care, she wouldn't have a twitter account.  Or a public email account.   But she does - why?  I think it's because she LIKES emails and tweets telling her she's wonderful, talented, brilliant, and the only reason viewers watch the show.  She just doesn't like when people are honest, I mean, criticize her.

• Love 10

Whoopi was complaining because Joan Rivers was not part of the memoriam trubute...... but honestly... she was a TV star not a movie star.. I dont get why people were so offended.... probably just because of the notoriety

Let's not forget Joan Rivers did the red carpet at the Oscars for several years.  I think she should have been included.

• Love 5

I don't see how doing the red carpet should qualify Joan Rivers for being included in a memorium for people at the Oscars.  I am sorry for her, and for her family, but reality is, she was nothing but a mean, insutlting and cruel person when she was doing her "comedy".   What would they have shown?  Joan insulting everyone? Or Joan joking about how the girls held captive by the creep in Ohio shouldn't complain because they "got free room and board" and she said last year?    I don't know what she was like as a privare person, maybe she was wonderful, but her comedy lately became more and more nasty, and  not at all funny.

And let's not forget her telling TMZ  it was "good" that the civilians were killed by bombs by Isreal because they are "stupid", including children.   She did that very close to her death.

Whoopi is wrong IMO.

• Love 11

Yes, me too.  She was a multi-talented woman who was in movies & broadway for years.  I was really shocked that she was not acknowledged!!!

I was looking for Ann B Davis as her career (Movies, Theater and TV) went far beyond her years on The Brady Bunch

• Love 4

I personally think Joan Rivers should have been included, and found it very rude, so apparently I agree with whatever Whoopi said. Funny that Patricia Arquette was talking about female empowerment, but women like Joan Rivers and Elaine Stritch can't even get a picture on a screen when they die.

As for whether or not Joan Rivers was "mean"... I'm sure being a pedophile won't stop the Oscars from honoring Woody Allen full-stop when he passes.

• Love 8

Stacy London's body language sucks.  She obviously wants the audience to see most of her body (legs), but she's turning her back on RosieP.

Ha!  This comment brings back memories of Bitsy precariously stretching (while crossing) her legs out under the old clear table so that her legs were on full display.  

Today, so far, is the worst show I've ever seen. Whoopi is still dumb. Stacy is on puppet strings, all wiggling and animated. The blond adds nothing. Nicole is still acting like a bossy noob and Rosie P can't make a good point to save her life. After all this time as a hardcore watcher, I may have to stop. It's not even worth hate watching anymore. Awful bad.

What's wrong with me that this makes me want to watch today's show?  I hate to give them another viewer during sweeps but I might have to check it out online.  

• Love 2

Since Rosie left, Whoopi has moments of silence where she lets the others speak.  I sitll dislike her as moderator.  It's as if she lets the others speaks and then gives her message from above that is the final statement.

Rosie P. seemed very uncomfortable today.  From the standpoint of someone who suffers from chronic pain in the neck and back, I see signs of stress in her movements, hand under chin, very controlled/stiff head movement, speaking with clenched jaw ect.  Trying to do Broadway and The View will only make it worse.  Who knows how long she will be able to do this. 

• Love 3

I surfed into the Oscars last night occasionally and followed comments on this site. But by the time 11am EST I was totally caught up on different takes on it as well as clips from other shows. 

I would think WG would have watched it since she once hosted it, has an Oscar, and is therefore an Academy Member that (may or may not have voted, evidently). 

Why can't these women prepare for the show and the HT's....they have plenty of time before 11a to do this? And all the resources including assistants and producers.

I don't watch The Talk regularly but did today and their take on the Oscars was civilized as well as informed and even fun.

Can't even begin to go there on Stacy London except to say for such a tall, slim woman she sure takes up a lot of  space......and attempts for camera time. 

• Love 5

I made it until Whoopi turned to the viewers and told us she doesn't care what we think (and was about to defend another violent athlete I presume)

Hahaha MedicineCrow, you weren't kidding about how London was sitting at the table.   That was awkward as hell and weird.  And even dumber than Bitsy's old leg stretch because at least she still kept her legs under the (clear) table.  But Whoopi introduces London as an "amazing woman."  Whatever Whoopi.  

Whoopi didn't watch The Oscars but still managed to talk (bitch) about the show for five minutes.  I thought NPH was some good friend of hers?  Nice.  And why did it sound like her rant about names omitted from the In Memorium was more about "they better not forget my name!"?  She said that this was "their moment" which I found ridiculous since I think by definition, their moments have all passed.  I think they should confine the names to Oscar winners and nominees - easy to look up and hard to leave someone out. 

• Love 9

I tried watching some of today's show but couldn't make it through. For some reason though the fact that the table isn't big enough for 5 people really stood out to me today moreso then in the past.

• Love 4

Their table is ridiculous.....I'm thinking they thought an oak table is women gathering about a kitchen table chatting over coffee. Except theirs has a drop leaf bigger than the table with their logo in blue and white in a circle.....and chrome curved legs. Rather than a curved table in good taste.

BUT then we get WG's purple throne and her "subjects"  office chairs in chrome and black. Not sure actually because they are smaller.......

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3

I think Nicolle said Whoopi hosted five times, but I thought she only hosted four.  WG didn't correct her.

WG said something at the end of that segment re the Oscars, when she was chastizing the Academy on their oversights re the memorial, and said, Maybe I am crazy, and that's why I am here and not there.  I thought she was referring to why she doesn't get asked to host the Oscars, but she may have meant there, as in "the great beyond".

• Love 1

OMG SHUT THE FUCK UP WHOOPI! Sorry for the caps lock but I just want to stuff a virtual sock in her mouth. Rosie is trying to speak about Puerto Rico and she is interrupting with "say it, tell it, let 'em know, uh huh, yeah" etc. She can't even shut her mouth for someone else's true perspective.

There is nothing else on in my area besides Wendy and I have tried and failed to get into that show. I like her, but her show is not snark-worthy enough for me. I will probably watch The View till the inevitable bitter crash and burn. It's beyond snarky to full fledged laughable hate tv. Can't give up now!

• Love 5

In the first segment, Whoopi drew the camera's attention to herself when they were talking about Jeb Bush's wife not declaring purchases she made in Paris in 1999!!!  First of all, the subject was ludicrous, but Whoopi was hiding under her jacket to let everyone know she's guilty of the same thing.

I really had a snoot-full of Whoopi today.  Too much about HER & HER opinions & liking the sound of HER own voice.  Gawd!!

• Love 10

I'm so glad I can come here and read about the show , since I cannot bring myself to watch Whoopie's View anymore.  I'd much rather watch reruns of Frasier for the umpteenth time than subject myself to the mess they call The View.  I'm not a big fan of The Talk, but at least those ladies show respect for each other and the audience, and can carry on intelligent conversations.

• Love 10

WG screams 'DO A LITTLE HOMEWORK YOURSELVES!!!!!!' and lectures us after RP tells us Puerto Ricans pay fed taxes and can vote for reps to Congress.

PR's do pay taxes in PR....just not fed taxes. Unless they live IN the USA.

Since PR is a territory (not a property RP) they cannot vote for fed elections. Unless they live IN the USA. How can they vote for a Rep or Senator when they aren't a state in PR?

IOW - there is a huge difference between a PR living in PR vs one living in the USA. And Rosie doesn't even know the difference. She sure seemed able to convince the panel though.

WG is absolutely unbearable.

• Love 10

WG screamed at the top of her lungs the whole show today.  I had to keep hitting mute or FF.  It was absolutely horrible.  Careful Stacey, your alliance with WG is beginning to show.  Nicolle and Stacey now competing for a chance to be WG's wingman..they both nod and agree with everything she screams.  Horrible.

• Love 9

The interviews today were terrible.  Apparently they didn't have enough to talk to Kate Walsh about, so they had to "play" some stupid "game" where she had to identify which famous Kate said random quotes.  It was painfully dumb.  Then, they had Mark Duplass on, and after about 3 questions about his work, Nicholle loudly and shrilly announces that they both love donuts and recites for him (off her blue cards) some random thing he had said on twitter once about liking donuts, and Rosie P brings out some donuts, and the interview is over.  I've heard Mark Duplass interviewed before by much better interviewers, and he's truly an interesting, talented, funny, and smart guy, but unfortunately you'd never know this from The View. What a waste.

• Love 6

I broke down and turned it on today.  Watched the first 5 minutes, maybe less, as I can't remember what they were talking about. All I know is it looked really crowded around that table again!   And Stacy London, who I enjoyed on WNTW, just seems too animated and excited on The View. 

• Love 3
Careful Stacey, your alliance with WG is beginning to show

I almost want the frantic Stacy London to get the job.  Whoopi will get tired of her knowledge, opinions, and personality mighty fast.  It might make the show watchable for awhile longer.

• Love 5

Bohemian "chick"?  Really Nicole.  Bohemian chic is not a new term.  Has she been living under a rock?  Even if she had not heard the term before, I don't think there is any way she wouldn't have known how to pronounce "chic".   Grrr.  Get off my tv Nicole.  I wonder if she played dumb in the WH (with Dubya) and who won.

• Love 12

I tried watching some of today's show but couldn't make it through. For some reason though the fact that the table isn't big enough for 5 people really stood out to me today moreso then in the past.

Their table is ridiculous.....I'm thinking they thought an oak table is women gathering about a kitchen table chatting over coffee. Except theirs has a drop leaf bigger than the table with their logo in blue and white in a circle.....and chrome curved legs. Rather than a curved table in good taste.

BUT then we get WG's purple throne and her "subjects"  office chairs in chrome and black. Not sure actually because they are smaller.......

In September,   the original table was a coffee table but Whoopi bitched about it (and the big comfy chairs) until they came up with the bar chairs and awkward oak table.  Then Whoopi said she had back issues and so a throne of sorts evolved.  Finally, Whoopi likes the set apparently.   I agree, it looks like hell but then again it kind of goes with the theme of the show.   I wonder how many (if any) set designers quit?  

• Love 5

I almost want the frantic Stacy London to get the job.  Whoopi will get tired of her knowledge, opinions, and personality mighty fast.  It might make the show watchable for awhile longer.

Ya but, I want to see the dynamics between Stacy & Rosie & Nicolle.  May be verrrrry interesting.  LOL.

• Love 4

I broke down and turned it on today.  Watched the first 5 minutes, maybe less, as I can't remember what they were talking about. All I know is it looked really crowded around that table again!   And Stacy London, who I enjoyed on WNTW, just seems too animated and excited on The View. 

I remember because that's how long I lasted too.  The topic was Jeb Bush's wife's alleged non-reporting of overseas shopping trips.  When Nicolle and Samantha started lambasting people for going after a "potential First Lady" I choked on my coffee and wished it was a glass of wine.  While I agree the topic is dumb and pointless - especially since Jeb Bush isn't really even a presidential candidate at this point - I wondered (okay screamed at the screen) which Bush Nicolle was working for in the 1990s and what she was doing when her people were viciously attacking Hilary Clinton.   Gah, this show.   

But not to worry, Whoopi made sure this lame 'political' topic was quickly made all about herself - by letting us know that 90% of everyone, including herself apparently, doesn't report the full cost of their shopping trips overseas. 

• Love 7

I remember because that's how long I lasted too.  The topic was Jeb Bush's wife's alleged non-reporting of overseas shopping trips.

I remember what I saw now. Rosie was going on and on about Stacy's jumpsuit and shoes.  And that was it for me.  So you lasted longer than I did!

• Love 3

I remember what I saw now. Rosie was going on and on about Stacy's jumpsuit and shoes.  And that was it for me.  So you lasted longer than I did!

Ahhh yes, my shoe patrol self was alerted when shoe aficionado Whoopi Goldberg said she's never heard of Jimmy Choos shoes.  Really Whoop?   By the way, I did love London's shoes but didn't need her to keep them front and center (along with her legs) while sitting at the table.  Do the producers not watch this show?  Is there a director?  Can't someone show London how to sit at a table?  

• Love 5

I wonder if Stacy sits that way because she has trouble crossing her legs at the knee under that table.  The chairs are kind of tall and she has pretty long legs.  When Rosie O sat there, it wasn't an issue because she didn't cross her legs when she sat.  Some women are just more comfortable sitting cross-legged than others.

Also, I think she's trying to turn her body to face out to the audience so that they don't feel like they're being excluded from the conversation.

• Love 3

I would think WG would have watched it since she once hosted it, has an Oscar, and is therefore an Academy Member that (may or may not have voted, evidently).

I googled membership in the academy last week because a friend and I were convinced that all members of SAG voted and all members of the other categories voted.

Not so I found.  Members are INVITED to join and this year 217 - or 271, I forget - people were invited to join.  This number is divided among 17 different categories including "executives" and "PR".  So many members are not actually part of the team involved in writing, directing and all the other facets of actually making a movie.

Helps to explain why there are only 6,000 members and 94% are white and something like 70% are over 50.  Might have a statistic or two wrong, but it is a very exclusive club.

And Oscar winners are not automatically accorded membership nor automatically extended membership.

• Love 3

A friend, who had not seen the show in awhile, called me yesterday  during the show and her question was : "Holy Crap - is Whoopi drunk?  This is unbelievable".  I wasn't watching but did click over to see and it all seemed perfectly normal Whoopi to me.

Since all your comments reflect business as usual on the show - I will tell her that Whoopi was normal yesterday.  I am a bit curious, do any of you remember any Whoopi behavior that would have led my friend to make that comment?

• Love 4