Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I know some are over Sia's whole not showing her face schtick and the performance art of Chandelier but in my opinion, remove all that and the fact is it is a fucking amazing song. The lyrics are incredibly haunting and perfectly captures the struggle of someone dealing with alcoholism and the production on that song was amazing with the soaring chorus and the staccato beat of the verses. I wish she'd win ROTY but it definitely seems like voters were all up on Sam Smith.

• Love 6

So did I just see a song contested in a plagiarization lawsuit just win a Grammy for Song of The Year?

(Heading to garage with garden hose to put in the car tailpipe...  Been fun folks !!!!)

• Love 8

Holy crap, there's another half hour of this?

Right? I thought the same thing after they started listing all the things to come when I was thinking we only had 5 more minutes of bland. 

Edited by Fostersmom
But he is another one of her "friends". I think Taylor confuses acquaintances with friends.

If you are sitting three rows back and four seats over she'll write a song about you.

I'm still not into this Smith character, other than he is very into musical accidents.  

• Love 2

Thanks again for dressing up for the awards, Dave Grohl. Sorry they happened on the same day you decided to clean out your garage. The denim on denim look is... something.

ETA: And I say this as someone who waited in line for three hours to buy tickets to the next Foos tour.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

Nice they gave Letterman props.  He really does deserve the mention after all the performers, new and established that have done his show.

Frankly would it have killed them to give him some hardware?

Edited by kib
  • Love 6

I know a lot of folks think he's a tool, but I like Dave Grohl.  And I love David Letterman.  That was a lovely tribute.

Did you see the week of Foo Fighters on Dave's show when he choked up talking about one of their songs? It was his own lovely tribute to the band. 

• Love 1

Did you see the week of Foo Fighters on Dave's show when he choked up talking about one of their songs? It was his own lovely tribute to the band. 

I did.  His favorite song by his favorite band.  I'm gonna miss Dave!

• Love 1
So did I just see a song contested in a plagiarization lawsuit just win a Grammy for Song of The Year?

(Heading to garage with garden hose to put in the car tailpipe...  Been fun folks !!!!)

Nooooo wait!  Go and find Benjamin Booker on Spotify or Itunes or whateverthehell and play it real loud - there's still hope!

Have to agree, Letterman's show really always had great music, especially new artists.  That'll be missed.

We need Peter Cushing to stick a stake in the heart of this show and pound really hard - just kill it already.  

• Love 1

Nooooo wait!  Go and find Benjamin Booker on Spotify or Itunes or whateverthehell and play it real loud - there's still hope!

Have to agree, Letterman's show really always had great music, especially new artists.  That'll be missed.

We need Peter Cushing to stick a stake in the heart of this show and pound really hard - just kill it already.  

Thanks for talking me down...

I know some are over Sia's whole not showing her face schtick and the performance art of Chandelier but in my opinion, remove all that and the fact is it is a fucking amazing song. The lyrics are incredibly haunting and perfectly captures the struggle of someone dealing with alcoholism and the production on that song was amazing with the soaring chorus and the staccato beat of the verses. I wish she'd win ROTY but it definitely seems like voters were all up on Sam Smith.

I think the performance art may have overshadowed the lyrics. The running, jumping, mugging for the camera was too much of a distraction. I'll download it and listen to it with the lyrics available, and see if it makes a difference.

Edited by iwasish

Buy the Grammy Nominees 2015 album, where you can hear all of your favourite depressing, put-you-to-sleep ballads. Where the biggest names in music sing back-up to ridiculous famewhores. Oh, and "Happy", now celebrating 62 years as a #1 hit.

• Love 10

I have to admit that I really liked the Beck/Chris Martin performance. It might have been my favorite of the night.

I think it says a lot about what we've seen tonight that the one moment that immediately got everyone out of their seats was Prince coming out to present AOTY.

• Love 2

I must admit, I was rocking the hell out in my hospital bed as I watched my long time favorites AC/DC.

They sounded great! I've seen them in concert 6 times. No stupid back up dancers, no elaborate sets, just straight up rock and roll and I love it!

Us rock lovers don't get much love when it comes to Grammy performances.

My nurse had to come and ask me to turn the TV down when they were on.

Oops!

• Love 9

Buy the Grammy Nominees 2015 album, where you can hear all of your favourite depressing, put-you-to-sleep ballads. Where the biggest names in music sing back-up to ridiculous famewhores. Oh, and "Happy", now celebrating 62 years as a #1 hit.

Liner notes: Not to be taken with Ambein, Lunesta or other prescription drugs. Do not operate heavy equipment while using this product.

• Love 7

Jamie Foxx is so not funny and even if Stevie was in on it that was disrespectful.

So Beyoncé just sits with Jay until she wins, and then she's gone for the rest of the night?

A bit late for "In Memoriam" but starting with Joe Cocker has me already sniffling.

DON'T STEAL MUSIC  (How can we keep our swimming pools a toasty 72 degrees?)

Thanks.

Your friends at your neighborhood multinational conglomerate.

(Sam Smith exempted)

Edited by kib
  • Love 4

What does it say about me that what I notice about the Taylor Swift/Pharrell piece is Frankie Grande in the corner of the picture at the top? What's wrong with me?

Nothing that opening another bottle of wine won't fix!  Everything's better with wine...

• Love 1