Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: House Of Cards

• Start Topic

I don't really understand all this hyper focusing on the wine tasting lunch when every single filmed event we see with these ladies is drenched in all kinds of booze, at every hour of the day.  Kim has been surrounded by alcohol on the show from day one. What's the story? Is it the fact that they were seated at a counter and she doesn't care for mangoes?  She did seem peeved and bothered by it so perhaps better just to have said so instead of pretending that she was cool with it. 

One thing is pretty clear -- If Kim has been sober for any length of time, she's doing it without the real benefit of a 12-step program.  There is no way that a person exposed to any of that puts out the blog she did.  Not one word of apology, no self-awareness and definitely no concern for her cast mates.  The usual, unbelievable excuses, and another nasty swipe at her sister.  If I were Kyle, I'd be letting her know that I was taking an extended Kim break.  Forget about AlAnon and go straight for a lengthy Kim-free diet.   Also, Miss Kimberly -- folks with solid programs don't run around letting everyone know how fantastic their efforts at staying sober are or how courageous and inspiring they are! They tend to downplay it and get on with life -- That kind of talk is kept for meetings.

Watching Eileen say goodnight to Brandi and Kim  -- the Brim -- was pretty funny.  Eileen doesn't pretend.  She was definitely not into Brandi's hug and kiss. 

Lisa V's blog is unintentionally hilarious.  Lots and lots of super convoluted prose.  She sounds like she dictated it with a hot potato in her mouth.  Her Cabo trip appears to have been Max free. Hope he was working, ambitiously, somewhere.  And that Giggy got to run around with no clothes on!

I noticed the other day that while I can go on and on, I never seem to write about Brandi and what she's been up to.  Very rarely.  I gave myself a wee pat on the back for that.  The less I focus on her, the happier I am.  I'd let Kim have her in peace for awhile.  

• Love 7

One thing is pretty clear -- If Kim has been sober for any length of time, she's doing it without the real benefit of a 12-step program.  There is no way that a person exposed to any of that puts out the blog she did.

I figured that last year.  I don't expect that she should show every step of her recovering but it was obvious that Kyle had never heard one word or action that indicated Kim was sorry for the damage her addiction did to others.  I had hope when she was praying that it was a twelve step since that requires a belief in a higher power but now I don't think so.  Interesting since I know that there are programs that do not follow the 12 steps and I assume they have a success rate.  Kim should look into one.

• Love 3

One thing is pretty clear -- If Kim has been sober for any length of time, she's doing it without the real benefit of a 12-step program.  There is no way that a person exposed to any of that puts out the blog she did.  Not one word of apology, no self-awareness and definitely no concern for her cast mates.  The usual, unbelievable excuses, and another nasty swipe at her sister

This 100%

Kim has made an a$$hole of herself even before poker night started and she has nothing to say about it, not one word of apology to LisaR for the unconfortable position she put her in, not one word of apology to Eileen from either Brandi and Kim for ruining this event at her house.

Kim is an entitled , petulant and arrogant person at the core, even when she is sober. The alcohol or pills only highlight the problem but this is who she is, She wil never admit that she has a problem, she will never be appreciative of her sister, she will never thank her fopr picking up the pieces of her shatered life and being there for her kids when she was passed out somewhere. Kim is used to everybody protecting her and covering for her, if you don't then she discards you and you become her enemy?

Who does she reminds me of ? Uhmmm that is right, she reminds me of her BFF Brandi , these two are a match made in hell and deserve each other.

• Love 11

I think Kim has been spilling her twisted version of the Richard family acting competition to Brandi. Brandi did say that they talk on the phone everyday. I think it bothers Kim that Kyle has gotten a few acting gigs and commercials since joining the show but she has not. I also think Kim is very jealous of Kyle's home life, as is Brandi, Kyle is married, has grounded kids, owns her own home and has the larger fan base on the show of the 3.

To me she seems to bond with one person and then prove her loyalty by fighting their enemies (real or imagined) on their behalf.  I think it makes her feel important- or at least act like she thinks she's important- and I think that's more what happened in this case.  I think Kim has some resentment towards Kyle, Brandi's absorbed that and is now spewing it out into the world.  

I'm not excusing her, and I don't feel sorry for her.  I just don't think she's clever enough to use Kim for airtime, or to try and split Kim/Kyle up because Kyle's now friends with Lisa.  And I don't think she's enough of an active participant in life to try and get revenge on Kyle for her own feelings, either.  I feel like it's a mean thing for me to say, but all Brandi does is drink, talk about what a victim she is, and get mad at people her current friends don't like.  I'm starting to think she's just an empty person fueled by things around her (and liquor).

That's what I thought too....I honestly think that Kyle was acting the way she thought she should, whether the cameras were there or not.

And, as much as I hate to admit this, I think that Brandi was also acting in the way SHE thought was best for Kim, too.  Brandi was shit-faced, too - just not on any painkillers, unless you include wine.  I think that in her drunken, befuddled mind, Brandi thought she was protecting Kim from something or someone (Kyle or the cameras).  Even thought most of us watching can agree that Brandi should not have stepped in between the sisters, perhaps Brandi has heard some stories from her new bff, (Kim) about Kyle?  I'm sure that if Kim is re-telling any kind of history of her past, Kyle would not have been portrayed in the best light from Kim's point of view.  So, Brandi, again, blitzed out of her mind, did what she thought she should do by keeping the Richards' sisters apart.

I absolutely abhor Brandi, and think she is a classless, tasteless, nasty bitch, but I can almost see her thought process.

Brandi implies Kyle drinks too much as well. Which is exactly what Kim accused her of in the limo scene Season 1. Everything Brandi is saying, "Kyle's jealous over Kim's childhood acting and she isn't there for family" is just what Kim told her. Not sure where the all their husbands are cheating comment came from. Either Kim or JR.

That's a very dangerous game Kim is playing. Using Brandi as her mouthpiece will backfire on her.

I agree.  I think Kim is a smart addict who by Brandi's own admission has been talking to Brandi everyday, eliciting sympathy.  And I think Brandi does take on other people's battles to feel part of something.  It gives her a feeling of belonging and feeling needed. As someone noted above, Kyle stated in her blog that Kim told Brandi that Kyle was bothering her.  And Ryebread noted that Brandi was telling the camera to "cut" when Kim followed Kyle to the bathroom.  The things Brandi is accusing Kyle of sound like Kim's gripes against Kyle, not Brandi's.  

I don't think Brandi was going to let that happen.  She pushed Kyle so hard that she almost fell from it.  Brandi was also drunk and was taking her bodyguard job way too seriously to let Kyle get anywhere near Kim at that point.  I think there just would have been a big fight at the car if Kyle tried to get passed Brandi to get in it with Kim.

After hearing about Kyle's blog where she noted that Kim had told Brandi at the table that Kyle was bothering you, now I agree.  Brandi wouldn't have let Kyle in the car.  Originally I was thinking initially, before Kim went back in to say goodbye, if Kyle had just said, "Oh I want to leave too."  But knowing that Kim was already telling Brandi stuff about Kyle "bothering her", there was no way it was going to happen.

I have to admit, I'm sitting here now kind of giggling at how production really set up those limo rides.

Kyle + Brandi + 2-3 bottles of liquor + 2 glasses:  "I see the party has already started."  Well, yes, Kyle it has, but fasten your seatbelt 'cuz you ain't seen nothing yet.

Rinna + Kim + gawd knows what substances:  "It's whack-a-doodle time."  Why, yes, yes it is, Lisa.  You need to fasten your seatbelt, too, because you ain't seen nothing yet, either.

I had read a few years ago that the women have no say in who rides with who on these limousine rides.  I remember when Alexis on RHOC got stuck with an extremely inebriated Sarah Winchester, and everyone assumed she had brought Sarah as her guest until Alexis clarified that Bravo had sent the limo and told her that she'd be riding with Sarah Winchester.

I'll bet production had a field day when they saw the state Kim was in...And I can actually see wonky-eyed devil himself Andy instructing them to put a whacked out Kim in the limo with Rinna to make Rinna earn her Bravo paycheck.  And she was so happy and excited when she opened the door to get into the limousine. 

I wonder if production suspected that Kim was dabbling/off the wagon again and purposefully sent Lisa R instead of Brandi/Kyle who would have either supported Kim or sent Kim home with their fingers crossed that Kim would pay off.

Chances are very good that Kim may never recover from addiction at least not consistently. The people who love her need to determine the extent of what type relationship if any, they can tolerate with her if she continues to use.

There are people who don't. Sadly, some people never hit rock bottom until they die. 

Wow. What could have and should have been a fun night turned into something so much more bizarre. Imagine hosting a fun get together and half of your guests show up already drunk/on something? Because that's what happened to Eileen and Vince. I felt so bad for them! Yes, she's getting a hell of a paycheck but wow, two totally whacked out of their minds co-housewives in your house? No thanks!

That limo ride was just so uncomfortable but so real. There were times when Kim seemed somewhat lucid and Lisa seemed to think they were just having fun and that she, Lisa, was in on the joke. And then suddenly Kim would turn ("You are disgusting...") and Lisa would immediately have to back pedal. It felt like a hostage situation! Lisa R. was trying to placate Kim and say just the right things without setting her off, and to buy Lisa time to get to Eileen's house and out of that car!

There was nothing Kyle was going to be able to do that was "right" in that situation. Kim came with an agenda. She said she was feeling ornery and I think Kim was, for whatever weird, twisted reason, gunning for her sister. But, it's like they play this weird little addict and enabler dance. Kim went back to say "goodbye" to try and goad Kyle with her "thanks a lot" remark and unfortunately, Kyle fell for it and started following her out of the house. Brandi, who herself needed to leave because she was already so drunk herself, was in no condition to be telling another drunk to leave, although I do think her little tiny drunk brain was trying to get Kim away from the cameras.

Yes, Kyle could have gone with Kim and yes, by Kim leaving, she could have ended up going home and getting into more pills, but yeah, the reality was that they were guests in someone else's house and it was best that messed up Kim leave. Kyle could have told the limo driver to only drive Kim to her house and no where else. Then, she could have checked in on her later. But, at the end of it, it's not Kyle's responsibility to babysit her sister. And Kyle herself is going to have to go into some sort of treatment to learn to disengage. Her panic and how upset she was seeing that her sister was using again was so palpable, though. She was in such a shitty situation and having drunk Brandi in the middle of it was not helping.

Either she was gunning for Kyle to detract from falling off the wagon, or she was "getting back at her" for the wine tasting.  Somewhere in her addled brain she mulled it over after their lunch and decided to punish Kyle.  I think it's the first.

Kim is smart enough to get an ally (a drunk one with a loud mouth even better) to intervene for her.

• Love 3

RealityTVSmack, Wine pairings and a wine tasting are not the same thing. If I, like Kyle, assumed wine pairings we where we were, I would assume a different wine would be served with every course, but we would be eating. In other words, it would be lunch with wine. A wine tasting, as shown, is just about the wine, what it smells like, looks like, tastes like, feels like.

There are lots if reasons to not like Kyle, but in this case, I do believe she was surprised.

Edited by Blueeyedgirl
  • Love 18

Kim definitely fell off the wagon but I'm hopeful she got right back on. She's about 100x better this season where she actually has been sober the majority of the time than she has been any other season. I checked her twitter link that someone posted and it seems perfectly appropriate and lucid. She has a guest star gig coming up on Revenge. You fall down, you get up dust yourself off and try again. She appears to be trying.

This 100%.

Part of getting sober is understanding that you will relapse but to get back on the right path right away.

Kim is an addict and she will have to make it an effort to stay clean everyday. I wish her all the luck and positive vibes.

She is not a horrible person because she's an addict but addicts can be horrible. Someone said way upthread that, Kim was angry at herself for relapsing. And I agree. That was IMO where her anger towards Kyle coming from. It's not right but it sounds like that is exactly what was happening.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

I tried doing a little research since we are now hearing Kim had been ill for weeks.  First off her daughter got married around August 1st.  Lisa is in the Daily Mail on Aug 27th, vacationing in  Cabo.

Since her daughter's wedding Kim has:

-Been to Brandi's housewarming

-Been to Lisa's tea

-Been to Brandi's to watch Eddie and LeAnn 

-Been to Yolanda's to "I Love My Life"

-Been to the Bacara

-Lunch with Kyle when Kyle had the unfortunate shoe choice

-Been to Eileen's for poker night

-Talked to Brandi daily

So when exactly was Kim struggling for weeks with pneumonia and bronchitis?

Also if Kim were that ill why the hell does she have her ex-husband staying with her with a compromised immune system?  I would think he would get the hell out of Kim's house if she were that ill.  Same goes when her kids were sick at her house in July.  What is wrong with this woman?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 19

As much as Brandi drinks, Kim probably gets loaded just standing next to her!

While I don't wish a cheating spouse on anyone, this is probably the best thing that happened to Brandi. She's made a career out of it. Why isn't her 15 minutes up yet?

p.s. I've never heard of pain pills prescribe for bronchitis and/or pneumonia. I had bronchitis last year. All I got was an antibiotic and a horrible cough that took it's sweet time to go away.

Edited by Cranky One
  • Love 6

RealityTVSmack, Wine pairings and a wine tasting are not the same thing. If I, like Kyle, assumed wine pairings we where we were, I would assume a different wine would be served with every course, but we would be eating. In other words, it would be lunch with wine. A wine tasting, as shown, is just about the wine, what it smells like, looks like, tastes like, feels like.

There are lots if reasons to not like Kyle, but in this case, I do believe she was surprised.

Exactly. I'm not sure how Kyle was caught in any lie here.  A meal with wine pairings is certainly not a tasting. As Kyle said, the point about a tasting is to reflect and analyze the various wines and that is basically the only point. This would mean that Kim would not be able to participate at all. Kim said in her blog that she was fine with the tasting, and that when she felt uncomfortable she left. 

• Love 8

With a recovering addict for a sister Kyle had a moral obligation to check out the event she was taking her to, which would be filmed for millions to see.  Kyle says she knew nothing about a planned wine tasting and IMO she's lying.

Why?  Kim is an adult.  If she heard where they were going and realized alcohol may be involved she could have said no.  Or called herself to see what the situation was.  This, again, is just making Kyle responsible for Kim which she most definitely IS NOT.  I think it's been proven that Kyle did not realize what was going to happen and that it checks out.  Kyle is an enabler, mostly because she cannot be honest about her sister when the time comes.  But she's not nasty or manipulative about Kim.  I don't think for one second she would stick Kim in a situation just to test her out.  For the most part we've seen Kyle sit back while Kim loses it and then cover for her afterwards.  But Kim is 100% the instigator between them.

• Love 10

The Foley Food & Wine Society Wine Tasting Room at the Bacara Resort & Spa does not appear to be a place lunch is served.  It is beyond comprehension that these ladies believed they were going to lunch at this location.

On the other hand they knew it is where wine tasting occurs.

wine_at_bacara.jpg

The Foley Food + Wine Society (FFWS) Wine Tasting Room at Bacara Resort & Spa brings to life the unparalleled hospitality and values of The Foley Food and Wine Society

• Love 2

I have often felt sympathy for Kim, and have pretty much always rooted for her. I want to see her do well, because pretty much everyone has always mentioned what a sweet soul she is. I have always thought there has to something good lurking down under this terrible disease.  The thing I don't get right now is why she isn't defending her sister. I know that others think that Kyle hasn't always handled things right, and she probably hasn't. No one in her situation ever does. You do the best you can, but you get tired. You get scared and you get disgusted that this person and their reckless behavior will also forever impact your life. 

For the last couple of months Brandi has been waging war against Kyle in the press.  I don't mean the usual petty bullshit they all sling from time to time. I am talking about ugly, dirty statements. She recently said that Kyle doesn't love her own family. She has stated that her goal is to take Kyle down this season. While I can understand Kim being loyal to Brandi to a point if she has supported her, I don't understand why she would sit by and let someone defame her sister so openly. She hasn't said a word in Kyle's defense, including in her recent blog. Her only words about Kyle were about being disappointed that she was "embarrassed" by her. Brandi gets the kind words. I just do no get this. There must be a way to thank Brandi for sticking up for her, but also to point out that her sister also loves her and has supported her through a lot of tough times.  Her silence as Brandi goes after Kyle gives me a glimpse of Kim that I hadn't seen before and don't like. 

• Love 17

While previous to this season, I knew who Eileen and Lisa r were, I am now and forever a rabid fan. It can't be said enough - Lisa R handled that limo ride from hell like a TOTAL BALLER - Pro All The Way! OMG I just want to watch that scene and her talking heads on a loop over and over and over! Brilliant! Eileen reacted to the madness at her house like a true lady. Bravo needs to double their pay and keep them interacting with these low class loons forever and ever! This is the most entertaing this show has been for seasons and Lisa V could learn a thing or two from both of them!

Kim - I have no words.

Kyle - the next time your sister antagonizes you, shrug your shoulders and let her walk.

Brandi - just no, get off my tv.

Yolanda- you are too simple to hate.

• Love 12

This 100%.

Part of getting sober is understanding that you will relapse but to get back on the right path right away.

Kim is an addict and she will have to make it an effort to stay clean everyday. I wish her all the luck and positive vibes.

She is not a horrible person because she's an addict but addicts can be horrible. Someone said way upthread that, Kim was angry at herself for relapsing. And I agree. That was IMO where her anger towards Kyle coming from. It's not right but it sounds like that is exactly what was happening.

You are so right.

I find myself really struggling with this.  I feel bad about myself, really, when I start talking too much smack about this woman and not pulling for her as I know I should.  Of course, one wants her to recover and I feel myself a nasty bitch when I start getting too judgey.  I don't like her --that's a lot of it.  I never really have.  I find it unsettling to watch her in almost every situation.  She's so fake in my eyes so much of the time and I don't share her sense of humor.  That said, yeah, I ought to be wishing her all the luck and positive vibes. 

I know that there's a general feeling out there that all addicts are giant assholes, totally selfish, incapable of care for other people.  And there's much truth to that, especially when actively using.  But not all addicts are 100 percent asses 100 percent of the time.  There are folks out there struggling with this terrible disease who are actually good, decent people even if not in recovery.  I don't find Kim to be one of these.  I can recall one scene with her where I found her likable and relaxed -- and genuine -- and that's when she was meeting with her fans at that convention type thing.  She seemed happy and real in those moments.  Her weepy scenes professing her boundless love and devotion to others make me crazy.  I always feel like she's acting and asking us to sign off on what a doll she is.  

Maybe if she could get back into some legitimate acting work it would help her.  Not this dumb show  but a real gig -- Maybe "Revenge" will help.  It must be hard for her to have had all that money, success, and acclaim so young only to have it dry up and leave her with nothing in terms of a career. 

The other things that is so striking to me is the insane level of competition over just about everything between the Richards sisters.  They don't need anymore game nights, that's for sure.  They both tend to go totally off the rails in their own weird ways. 

I guess I don't see Kyle as wanting her sister to fail or setting her up.  It doesn't really benefit her.  For one, I'm sure that she doesn't want her sister to die -- regardless of their issues.  I'm no huge Kyle fan but I get that the constant worry about her self-destructive sister must cause her loads of anxiety and consternation.  Add to that that if Kim keeps pushing her dysfunction into our faces hard enough, Bravo may feel obliged to cut her loose and that source of income for her is gone.  Back to the Umanskys for dough -- if they've ever really stopped?  I'm sure they're not crazy about that plan.  And, again, what is the huge mega difference between this wine tasting joint and every other party, get together, etc involving booze booze booze on this show?  Kyle isn't especially bright and she's got no real clue when it comes to handling Kim when she's going full on Valley of the Dolls but she'd have to be a real monster to wish her sister dead and that's kind of where all this has been doing for awhile now.  Bravo is playing Russian Roulette with this sad sad woman. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 7

Why?  Kim is an adult.  If she heard where they were going and realized alcohol may be involved she could have said no.  Or called herself to see what the situation was.  This, again, is just making Kyle responsible for Kim which she most definitely IS NOT.  I think it's been proven that Kyle did not realize what was going to happen and that it checks out.  Kyle is an enabler, mostly because she cannot be honest about her sister when the time comes.  But she's not nasty or manipulative about Kim.  I don't think for one second she would stick Kim in a situation just to test her out.  For the most part we've seen Kyle sit back while Kim loses it and then cover for her afterwards.  But Kim is 100% the instigator between them.

The issue here is Kyle went on WWHL to make an announcement that she had no idea there would be a wine tasting at the Foley Wine Tasting Room and she would never put her sister in such a position.  I don't believe Kyle on her damage control message...IMO she lied on WWHL.

• Love 2

The Foley Food & Wine Society Wine Tasting Room at the Bacara Resort & Spa does not appear to be a place lunch is served.  It is beyond comprehension that these ladies believed they were going to lunch at this location.

wine_at_bacara.jpg

The Foley Food + Wine Society (FFWS) Wine Tasting Room at Bacara Resort & Spa brings to life the unparalleled hospitality and values of The Foley Food and Wine Society

Well surely there is a place somewhere at the Bacara Resort where a girl can also eat? Also, if you click on that link and go to dining, it shows several dining options, including the Wine Tasting Room.  If you cannot nosh there then they should consider not including it on their dining list.  

I just think the idea that Kyle was somehow trying to set up a situation where her sister would be uncomfortable at a Wine Tasting makes no sense. Kyle has been blamed for a ton of shit, but I don't think she ever got more heat than for the Limo Reveal. There are folks who still hate her for it and she knows it. True, she is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I cannot believe she would plan an event that was based solely on talking about wine just to see if she could set Kim off. 

• Love 20

I just have to say I wish Kim would knock it off with her BS about taking "one pill". An addict can never take just one pill or one drink. Hence, this is why they are an addict. If self control was involved, addiction would not be an issue in the first place. Who is she trying to fool.....

• Love 12
I don't know about that. I get the feeling that Kim and Kyle were not super close before the show (and during?), and maybe their two families weren't either. And sometimes kids don't know what their addict parent is up to, or they don't want to know, or they pretend not to know. After all, Kim is pretty good at hiding and deflecting. And then there's yet another step to call their mother's sister for help, which not only feels like a pretty big step, but can you imagine the guilt trip and resentment Kim would put on her kid if one of them "betrayed" her like that?

Wasn't there a scene one season that showed one of Kim's kids going to Kyle to deal with Kim? I believe it was about her leaving to stay with her dad in the summer. I got the impression the kids thought it very natural to talk to Aunt Kyle about dealing with their mom. But it would be just like Kim to deny it ever happened.

I think Kim is a smart addict who by Brandi's own admission has been talking to Brandi everyday, eliciting sympathy.  And I think Brandi does take on other people's battles to feel part of something.  It gives her a feeling of belonging and feeling needed

Which is, of course, exactly what Brandi is accusing Lisa of making her do. All that stuff about how she wants to have a relationship where she's not her sidekick and how the whole reason she attacked people was because Lisa didn't like them. Now she's happily doing the same with Kim! 

The Foley Food & Wine Society Wine Tasting Room at the Bacara Resort & Spa does not appear to be a place lunch is served.  It is beyond comprehension that these ladies believed they were going to lunch at this location.

They didn't necessarily check it out that thoroughly since the show takes care of it. Kim was under the same impression as Kyle and knew as much as Kyle knew, so obviously it wasn't impossible for them not to know what was going on. Kim knew she was going to an event where wine was featured. That it was featured even more than she expected isn't exactly an ambush. 

While I can understand Kim being loyal to Brandi to a point if she has supported her, I don't understand why she would sit by and let someone defame her sister so openly. She hasn't said a word in Kyle's defense, including in her recent blog. Her only words about Kyle were about being disappointed that she was "embarrassed" by her. Brandi gets the kind words. I just do no get this.

Sounds like "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" again, with some role reversal. Brandi's pushing the idea that Kyle is jealous of Kim and trying to bring her down, but Kim seems to harbor a lot more hostility towards Kyle. She didn't speak to her for like a year after the limo incident, has never acknowledged hurting her sister at all, and seems to only accept Kyle back in her life now that Kyle is properly chastened. Yet she's still always half a step away from getting angry at her again and making her grovel. So maybe Kim just really doesn't have any good feelings about Kyle. Or else she's just so stuck in her role as victim that she resents the idea that she should stick up for anybody--if Brandi attacks Kyle (encouraged by Kim's stories of how awful Kyle is) that's Kyle's problem. Kim will just keep minding her own business and talking about how she's the victim here. Kyle's always got something she deserves punishment for in Kim's eyes. I can't think of a time on the show where Kim didn't seem to feel that way.

The issue here is Kyle went on WWHL to make an announcement that she had no idea there would be a wine tasting at the Foley Wine Tasting Room and she would never put her sister in such a position.  I don't believe Kyle on her damage control message...IMO she lied on WWHL.

But that's the same thing she said at the time on the show, and that Kim seemed to think was true: she knew it was a wine thing, but didn't know it was a wine tasting. She didn't change her story--and Kim herself seemed to confirm that same story when Kyle apologized on the show. So Kim had been told about the wine, it was just a slightly different activity than they both thought.

• Love 5

Re-watching the final bit, I do think Brandi was genuinely trying to get Kim out of there for her own good. She clearly says, "I'll walk you out" at one point - meaning she would see her to the limo. And the reason why Brandi had pizza in her hand was because Kyle was insisting Kim have a slice before she left. Do I think Brandi's motives are completely genuine? Not in the sense that she has been playing Captain-Save-a-Ho since Ojai ("People want to see you fail"), but I do think her heart was mostly in the right place. That said, I don't think Kyle was intentionally trying to exploit Kim. I think Kyle is just really emotionally reactive, and immature in many ways, and despite all better judgement, some part of her had to parse out this latest issue with Kim in the moment. I mean, the fact that Kyle literally tried to pull Kim into the bathroom to find out what Kim meant by her comment is insane to me. To quote Brandi, "Your sister is wasted out of her mind right now!" What did Kyle really think that was going to accomplish?

• Love 7

For the last couple of months Brandi has been waging war against Kyle in the press.  I don't mean the usual petty bullshit they all sling from time to time. I am talking about ugly, dirty statements. She recently said that Kyle doesn't love her own family. She has stated that her goal is to take Kyle down this season. While I can understand Kim being loyal to Brandi to a point if she has supported her, I don't understand why she would sit by and let someone defame her sister so openly. She hasn't said a word in Kyle's defense, including in her recent blog. Her only words about Kyle were about being disappointed that she was "embarrassed" by her. Brandi gets the kind words. I just do no get this. There must be a way to thank Brandi for sticking up for her, but also to point out that her sister also loves her and has supported her through a lot of tough times.  Her silence as Brandi goes after Kyle gives me a glimpse of Kim that I hadn't seen before and don't like. 

I do get it.

Brandi and Kim hate Kyle's guts. Kim loves her sister to some level but she also hates her and is insanely jealous of her, same as Brandi

Kyle has a loving husband, who BTW was just a regular Joe when he married Kyle and built his fortune with her, she has a lovely house, a business and adoring daughters, Kyle has been very blessed in life.

Kim and Brandi OTOH are broke by BH standards, they have substance abuse problems, and haven't been able to find the love of their life. For someone as entitled as Kim Richards, the fact that she was so succesful before and to look at where she is at and where her sister is at at this station of life must be pretty depressing. Kim doesn't have the insight to realize that she is in this place due to her own doing, she must blame someone and IMO she blames her sister.

Brandi is a naturally nasty person who is only relevant due to her fight with others, she has assessed the situation and realized her fight with Lisa was overdone and that picking a fight with Kim would make her look like a bully so she chose the one she thinks all viewers hated and that was Kyle. She probably regrets picking on beloved Lisa because it backfired on her, so now she decided to go against one of the most hated ones because she thinks she will come on top. She is using Kim to stay relevant and they both are enabling each other. In their mind there is nothing wrong with them and whoever dares to say so is the enemy.

Secretly they both think they deserve the happy life that Kyle has created for herself , neither can't see how their addictive and nasty personalities would never result in that kind of life, they can't accept fault so they found a common enemy, the fact that Kim is so unloyal to her sister is not a mistery to me. Kyle would give her right arm for her sister's sake, KIm? nahhhhh , she would give her right arm for an endless prescription of pain killers but never for her sister Kyle.

• Love 22

Yes and then you stated that Kyle had a moral obligation to find out what was going to happen and shield Kim from it.  I'm asking you why she has this obligation?  She doesn't.  Kim is an adult and responsible for HER OWN sobriety.  The world owes her nothing.  What makes her so special that she should get special consideration everywhere she goes?  If she cannot handle drinking or being around people drinking, then it's up to HER to decide whether to go or not.  Kyle is not her gate keeper.  Kyle has a family and a life of her own.  To expect her to deal with Kim's bullshit is unfair, IMO.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 15

With a recovering addict for a sister Kyle had a moral obligation to check out the event she was taking her to, which would be filmed for millions to see.  Kyle says she knew nothing about a planned wine tasting and IMO she's lying.

Really? Does Kyle also have a moral obligation to police every action that Kim does? Every event she goes to? Every house she visits? How about Kim take her sobriety in her own hands and, I don't know, ask.

• Love 15

Substance abusers like to hang with other substance abusers.  They don't have to defend themselves or their using to each other.  They can make pie in the sky plans about their futures.  They have a sympathetic ear to voice how badly the world has treated them.  They can avoid the daily hard work to keep sober.  That is why addicts are advised to drop all their former drug friends.  That's why Kim and Brandi are an enabling duo.

I find it interesting that last season Brandi was in constant contact with poor, sick Yolanda.  Now it's Kim.  

• Love 10

Well surely there is a place somewhere at the Bacara Resort where a girl can also eat? Also, if you click on that link and go to dining, it shows several dining options, including the Wine Tasting Room.  If you cannot nosh there then they should consider not including it on their dining list.  

I just think the idea that Kyle was somehow trying to set up a situation where her sister would be uncomfortable at a Wine Tasting makes no sense. Kyle has been blamed for a ton of shit, but I don't think she ever got more heat than for the Limo Reveal. There are folks who still hate her for it and she knows it. True, she is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I cannot believe she would plan an event that was based solely on talking about wine just to see if she could set Kim off. 

Exactly, there were many places to have lunch at the Resort & Spa, so why go to the wine tasting room for it? 

Really? Does Kyle also have a moral obligation to police every action that Kim does? Every event she goes to? Every house she visits? How about Kim take her sobriety in her own hands and, I don't know, ask.

Of course the world needs to look out for Kim.  She has pickled every braincell and is not responsible for herself.  She is a small child that needs a mom to help her every step of her life.  She has a dog that is probably illegal it is so violent.  She pop pills that belong to her terminal houseguest because once upon a time some doctor someplace had prescribed a pill of the same color to her.  She's a mess and apparently it's the worlds moral obligation to clean up after her.

• Love 13

With a recovering addict for a sister Kyle had a moral obligation to check out the event she was taking her to, which would be filmed for millions to see. Kyle says she knew nothing about a planned wine tasting and IMO she's lying.

This makes no sense since it implies Kyle is responsible for her supposed sober sister. The sober person has to learn to deal with the world and all the triggers out there including being around alcohol. It is not Kyle's job, although I understand the moral aspect of it. Still, how many parties and events has Kim been at where alcohol was flowing freely? If Kim should not be around alcohol, then she needs to stay home, stay away from Bravo and live a sheltered life.

Having a sober relative in my midst, it is not our responsibility to not serve wine or other alcohol at our gatherings ir parties because "John" is a former alcoholic. Addicts and former addicts need to take ownership.

Brandi's friend, Jennifer, is a former addict. She seems to be able to be around alcohol without any issues.

Wine pairing is different from wine tasting. I am not seeing where Kyle lied.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

Not that this is a revelation but...finally caught Kyle in a lie regarding wine-tasting-gate. On this epi of RHOBH while talking to Kim over lunch to make sure Kim was OK after the incident the day before, Kyle says she thought the wine tasting would be them sitting at a table having lunch with certain "pairings" of wine. This shows she had beforehand knowledge that wine tasting would be involved. I think one of them called the place they were at a Wine Library.

Kyle should have called the place in advance to check exactly what she was taking her sister to. If she relied on Bravo staff...did they lie to her hoping to put Kim in a awkward situation. Kim's face is contorted in pain the whole time she's at the bar and most of what they show has her outside on the phone or in the hallway with the ladies hugging her and asking if she was OK. She couldn't sit at the bar watching the others sniff and discuss wine...you could see she was in pain.

Checked out the On Demand WWHL for January 20th which begins with (paraphrasing here) a announcement from Kyle saying she wished to clear up any misconception and that she had absolutely NO previous knowledge before they stepped into the place that a Wine Tasting was to take place. She said she never would have taken her sister there if she knew they would be part of a Wine Tasting event.

Liar, liar...Kyle's growing nose is on fire. Talk about DAMAGE control.

I wasn't aware of wine tasting gate, but Kim is a grown ass woman if she couldn't deal (from what I saw she seemed normal for her) she should have left. I truly hope Kyle doesn't feel responsible for anything that took place this episode. Kim and her sidekick Brandi showed their asses and neither of them offered one apology for ruining the evening.

• Love 10

I just have to say I wish Kim would knock it off with her BS about taking "one pill". An addict can never take just one pill or one drink. Hence, this is why they are an addict. If self control was involved, addiction would not be an issue in the first place. Who is she trying to fool.....

She is trying to fool everyone. There is so much stigma involved in addiction. Much more than any other mental illness. Of course she wants to try and minimize it. It's like see, she failed, she is a total asshole, waste of space, useless.

• Love 4

The Foley Food & Wine Society Wine Tasting Room at the Bacara Resort & Spa does not appear to be a place lunch is served. It is beyond comprehension that these ladies believed they were going to lunch at this location.

wine_at_bacara.jpg

There may be merit in the observation that Kyle "lied" here, but any meretriciousness on her part in this instance pales in comparison to her sister's addict behavior. Are you suggesting that Kim's rudeness and obvious intoxication at the Poker Party is a result of Kyle tricking her into attending a wine tasting?

• Love 2

Yes and then you stated that Kyle had a moral obligation to find out what was going to happen and shield Kim from it.  I'm asking you why she has this obligation?  She doesn't.  Kim is an adult and responsible for HER OWN sobriety.  The world owes her nothing.  What makes her so special that she should get special consideration everywhere she goes?  If she cannot handle drinking or being around people drinking, then it's up to HER to decide whether to go or not.  Kyle is not her gate keeper.  Kyle has a family and a life of her own.  To expect her to deal with Kim's bullshit is unfair, IMO.

Kyle is the one who said on WWHL that if she knew it was for wine tasting she would never have put her sister in this situation.  To me that "never have put her sister in this situation" tells me she believed it was wrong.

I believe Kyle knew it was a wine tasting event and felt exactly like you. They are adults and should make their own decisions. I have a different opinion and if it was my sister the last place I'd want a recovering alcoholic would be at a wine tasting in front of a million viewers...to me that was at the very least morally wrong.  I understand there are many points of view on this subject...probably just as many as there are stars in the sky. 

• Love 3

Kyle is the one who said on WWHL that if she knew it was for wine tasting she would never have put her sister in this situation.  To me that "never have put her sister in this situation" tells me she believed it was wrong.

I believe Kyle knew it was a wine tasting event and felt exactly like you. They are adults and should make their own decisions. I have a different opinion and if it was my sister the last place I'd want a recovering alcoholic would be at a wine tasting in front of a million viewers...to me that was at the very least morally wrong.  I understand there are many points of view on this subject...probably just as many as there are stars in the sky. 

Don't understand this logic.....

But ok.

• Love 7

I don't think Kim is a waste of space. I want her to recover and lead the best life that she can. I have always been a Kim supporter on this board and have been overjoyed when she is doing well. But Kim is lying about her recovery and I don't enjoy being lied to. Say nothing if you must but don't insult our intelligence.

• Love 11

You are so right.

I find myself really struggling with this. I feel bad about myself, really, when I start talking too much smack about this woman and not pulling for her as I know I should. Of course, one wants her to recover and I feel myself a nasty bitch when I start getting too judgey. I don't like her --that's a lot of it. I never really have. I find it unsettling to watch her in almost every situation. She's so fake in my eyes so much of the time and I don't share her sense of humor. That said, yeah, I ought to be wishing her all the luck and positive vibes.

I know that there's a general feeling out there that all addicts are giant assholes, totally selfish, incapable of care for other people. And there's much truth to that, especially when actively using. But not all addicts are 100 percent asses 100 percent of the time. There are folks out there struggling with this terrible disease who are actually good, decent people even if not in recovery. I don't find Kim to be one of these. I can recall one scene with her where I found her likable and relaxed -- and genuine -- and that's when she was meeting with her fans at that convention type thing. She seemed happy and real in those moments. Her weepy scenes professing her boundless love and devotion to others make me crazy. I always feel like she's acting and asking us to sign off on what a doll she is.

Maybe if she could get back into some legitimate acting work it would help her. Not this dumb show but a real gig -- Maybe "Revenge" will help. It must be hard for her to have had all that money, success, and acclaim so young only to have it dry up and leave her with nothing in terms of a career.

The other things that is so striking to me is the insane level of competition over just about everything between the Richards sisters. They don't need anymore game nights, that's for sure. They both tend to go totally off the rails in their own weird ways.

I guess I don't see Kyle as wanting her sister to fail or setting her up. It doesn't really benefit her. For one, I'm sure that she doesn't want her sister to die -- regardless of their issues. I'm no huge Kyle fan but I get that the constant worry about her self-destructive sister must cause her loads of anxiety and consternation. Add to that that if Kim keeps pushing her dysfunction into our faces hard enough, Bravo may feel obliged to cut her loose and that source of income for her is gone. Back to the Umanskys for dough -- if they've ever really stopped? I'm sure they're not crazy about that plan. And, again, what is the huge mega difference between this wine tasting joint and every other party, get together, etc involving booze booze booze on this show? Kyle isn't especially bright and she's got no real clue when it comes to handling Kim when she's going full on Valley of the Dolls but she'd have to be a real monster to wish her sister dead and that's kind of where all this has been doing for awhile now. Bravo is playing Russian Roulette with this sad sad woman.

Don't be hard on yourself :) these shows make it very easy to judge these women. Thay all put all their terrible personal traits out on full display. I'm not a huge Kim fan, but I wish her the best.

Then there is that adult baby child Brandi who IMO most def has an issue with her drinking. I hope for her children she gets her shit together. But, I will not feel bad because I dislike her and think she is vile beyond words.

Kim is probably a good person when clean but watching an addict lie a sceam is tiresome. So I get where your dislike come in.

Brandi I'm sure is still a horrid person even clean.

• Love 6

Absolutely not, only the events she shepherds that are televised before millions of viewers, that's my opinion only.

• Love 1

In a change of topic--

Am I wrong in thinking that Lisa seems a touch chilly with Eileen? Maybe chilly isn't the right word because she's polite and friendly enough, I guess, but I felt like there was a coldness on Lisa's part at the spa day. It might not have been anything but I thought I picked up on something.

I did notice when all the ladies we getting into the limo-van, Lisa said something to Eileen like "Oh, I see you are wearing my glasses." Referring to Eileen's sunglasses. It did sound a tad bit "chilly" to me.
  • Love 2

Exactly, there were many places to have lunch at the Resort & Spa, so why go to the wine tasting room for it? 

Because it was a freebie and that is where the hotel put them.  Neither Kyle or production have a say in where the hotel is going to put them.  Do you think all massages are open air at Bacara?  Do you think any of the RH had a say in where they got their massages? First and foremost the hotel has them film there to show off their amenities.  Bacara doesn't want camera crews in the open to the public restaurants-as it is uncomfortable for the guests, production doesn't want to film in a public restaurant because of the releases and extra editing it requires.  Generally when these ladies are eating in restaurants it is in off areas or they are cordoned off to simplify filming. 

You can have a breakfast meeting in the Foley Wine Tasting Room if you want.   It doesn't necessarily mean they will be doing a wine tasting.   Why is all this falling on Kyle?

• Love 13

Brandi needs to stop bashing everyone in the press, including her ex and LeAnn, and trying to be Kim's BFF. Her first priority should be her children. Like I said before, she's going to be in for a rude awakening when they hit the teen years. While my kids teen years were reasonably easy, they are snotty during that time period. Her oldest is getting at that age where they won't be able to shield them from Brandi's shenanigans. GET OFF MY TV!!

• Love 8

I did notice when all the ladies we getting into the limo-van, Lisa said something to Eileen like "Oh, I see you are wearing my glasses." Referring to Eileen's sunglasses. It did sound a tad bit "chilly" to me.

Dear old Lisa V.  Her whole vibe this season on screen and in her blogs is that butter wouldn't melt in her mouth and her shit don't stink.  She's going for broke in doing the Grande Dame routine.  Getting on my last nerve, for sure.  Her last blog really had me chuckling.  She sounded like Lady Catherine de Bourgh in Pride and Prejudice.  Spit it out, child, whatever it is you are trying to say!

I think all of them, with the exception of Lisa R. and Kyle, are made uncomfy by Eileen because Eileen is the real deal in terms of an acting career.  The rest of them are envious as hell.  Yolanda covers it up a whole lot better by kissing Eileen's ass at every turn -- "Fall into MY arms!" -- and devising newer, younger, sexier outfits whenever Eileen is around. 

Kyle and Lisa R have enough of a core happening not to be put out by ED.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 11

Here is an interesting, thought provoking article/blog about Yolanda and her claim of Lyme's Disease that I think you will find interesting.   http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/01/21/the-curiouscase-of-yodas-changing-illness-from-cfs-to-lyme-yolandahfoster-officialdfoster-andy-bravotv/

I never saw Yolanda on her other reality forays before RHoBH.  Could be that this is her MO.  Strong Dutch woman.  Until she needs attention.  Who knows?  I just fail to have sympathy because she exaggerates.  Couldn't speak or move for 18 months --- during which time she's filming, vacationing etc. 

And which sister did Andy have on to discuss that nights episode? Kyle of course, Andy knows filming with Kim is a crap shoot. Maybe you get sober Kim maybe you get rambling belligerent Kim. Andy knows what's up and isn't going to take that chance.

Nah.  Andy has Brandi on.  Andy has Sonja on.  He doesn't care.  He'd just pair Kim with someone more reliable.  And have a back-up if she's a no-show.

Herself and others.  Kim is an addict.  Addicts lie.  I learned long ago not to try to reason with or get the truth out of a person who is drunk, stoned or otherwise impaired.  They aren't going to give it to you. 

I would never, ever, EVER comment that Kyle did this wrong or she should have done this versus that. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...those are words that should NOT ever be said to those who are dealing with an addict because no one knows how they will react in any given situation when that addict is at their worst. There is no right or wrong as far as Kyle is concerned. The person at fault is KIM, no one else. Brandi had a hand in that mess last night, but that is because she has her own agenda going on.

Obviously Kim is responsible for her own addiction.  That doesn't mean Kyle gets a pass on her behavior or reactions.  People can be empathetic to Kyle for her long standing suffering routine and can understand why she acts/responds the way she does.  Kyle though is also 100% responsible for how she acts or doesn't act in each situation.  Kyle fell into old behaviors of dealing with her sister and it turned out like it always does - a big shit show.  And that is on both Kyle and Kim. Takes two to tango, not just the one who instigates the dance/drama.

• Love 6

That and two moments at the spa. When Eileen is saying that she wished Lisa would be able to make it to her party and when Eileen was leaving. I also feel like Lisa seems like she's been a bit friendlier with LisaR.

I got the impression that Lisa is taking a wait and see attitude with Eileen. Given that Lisa is all about strategy you'd think she'd want to snap up Eileen as an ally especially after the wine throwing incident. Lisa more than likely wants Brandi frozen out and the best way for her to do that is to form relationships with the new women. If she (and Kyle) get their loyalty first then Brandi won't have anyone else to turn to as far as allies and filming partners. 

I think all of them, with the exception of Lisa R. and Kyle, are made uncomfy by Eileen because Eileen is the real deal in terms of an acting career.  The rest of them are envious as hell.

I do think it's possible that Lisa resents how much Eileen is being paid to participate on the show. That being said, that's even more of a reason why I would think that Lisa would want to make sure that Eileen is an ally as opposed to being some sort of competition. 

I definitely see envy on Brandi's side when it comes to Eileen though. I don't know what it is about actresses (and pageant queens) but they seem to rub Brandi the wrong way for whatever reason. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5

Because it was a freebie and that is where the hotel put them.  Neither Kyle or production have a say in where the hotel is going to put them.  Do you think all massages are open air at Bacara?  Do you think any of the RH had a say in where they got their massages? First and foremost the hotel has them film there to show off their amenities.  Bacara doesn't want camera crews in the open to the public restaurants-as it is uncomfortable for the guests, production doesn't want to film in a public restaurant because of the releases and extra editing it requires.  Generally when these ladies are eating in restaurants it is in off areas or they are cordoned off to simplify filming. 

You can have a breakfast meeting in the Foley Wine Tasting Room if you want.   It doesn't necessarily mean they will be doing a wine tasting.   Why is all this falling on Kyle?

IMO they all knew they were scheduled to go to a wine tasting no matter who set it up. Kyle said she had NO idea it was a wine tasting event and secondly stated on WWHL that she would NEVER put her recovering addict sister Kim in such a position. I agree with Kyle about her second point, but not about her first.

• Love 1

Where's Dana when you need her?   I think Lisa likes being top dog and sees her position being usurped by Eileen. 

• Love 8

I am sure this has been mentioned, but what is up with the "cut cut" motion Brandi makes toward the camera when Kim goes off to talk with Kyle? As for Brandi I have read interviews where she states she takes anti anxiety meds prior to most events. (her excuse for her strange behavior?) Drinking on top of them certainly doesn't help her behavior. She always goes dark and angry when drinking. I had the crazy thought that after last season's craziness she would actually attempted to conduct herself a a mature-grown ass- woman. I know crazy right?  She needs to see alcohol is not her friend.  Without this show she has nothing. She will do ANYTHING to stay on this show and stay relevant. 

• Love 6

That and two moments at the spa. When Eileen is saying that she wished Lisa would be able to make it to her party and when Eileen was leaving. I also feel like Lisa seems like she's been a bit friendlier with LisaR.

I got the impression that Lisa is taking a wait and see attitude with Eileen. Given that Lisa is all about strategy you'd think she'd want to snap up Eileen as an ally especially after the wine throwing incident. Lisa more than likely wants Brandi frozen out and the best way for her to do that is to form relationships with the new women. If she (and Kyle) get their loyalty first then Brandi won't have anyone else to turn to as far as allies and filming partners. 

I do think it's possible that Lisa resents how much Eileen is being paid to participate on the show. That being said, that's even more of a reason why I would think that Lisa would want to make sure that Eileen is an ally as opposed to being some sort of competition. 

I definitely see envy on Brandi's side when it comes to Eileen though. I don't know what it is about actresses (and pageant queens) but they seem to rub Brandi the wrong way for whatever reason. 

Lisa V is too smart to actively go after Eileen, especially since she has zero reason to do so, but may be trying to mark her territory where ED is concerned.  Seriously, who complains about another gal having similar sunglasses?  Oy vey ... 

Re Kim and Kyle and their addiction drama -- neither of them has been really super articulate about the illness and how devastating it is.  They both rely on bromides to describe how screwed up they both are as a result.  Kim lies about it and gets away with it, season after season, and Kyle hasn't been effective in making clear the horrible impact this has had on her life and how messed up she is as a result. She complains but doesn't explain.  I notice how whenever things are okay with them, they both go on and on about they laugh with each other the way they used to.  Wouldn't it be great to hear just once that it wasn't all about the laughter but about some serious convos about what goes on between them and why that might be?

I get they may want to keep it private but neither of them is a good advocate for alcoholism, addiction, co-dependency, or sibling rivalry issues into middle-age.  And they keep on getting a spotlight  and a giant pass on these matters that they don't deserve. That said, I think all this has totally messed up Kyle and I don't see her wishing anything but the best for her sister.  And I don't care for either of them. 

Kyle is lucky she doesn't have addiction issues of her own but I see her suffering for real in her own dumb cow kind of way.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 7

I don't think Kim is a waste of space. I want her to recover and lead the best life that she can. I have always been a Kim supporter on this board and have been overjoyed when she is doing well. But Kim is lying about her recovery and I don't enjoy being lied to. Say nothing if you must but don't insult our intelligence.

I have never really supported Kim.  Having said that for the sake of her sisters and children and future grandchildren I am pulling for Kim to get sober and live a sober life.  Kim's omnipotence over her sobriety is chilling and leads me to believe she is not in a structured program but has made a conditional sobriety her own made to order program.

What Kim has fallen into by buddying up with Brandi is that she and Brandi are smarter and far more real than the other RHOBH.  Brandi is the head comic and Kim is her side-kick.  After this week's behavior how Kim can't acknowledge her behavior is one thing but to write she laughed about it lacks any sort of social awareness.   This is something Kim has crowed about since Season 1 when she called them phonies and not really her friends.  I feel for Kyle and Kim's kids as she  once again goes down the wrong path.  At this point I think Kim is essentially going to held at arms' length by Lisar, Lisav, Eileen and unfortunately Kyle.  I don't k now if Yolanda is going to be supportive of Kim and Brandi.  Yolanda has kind of built in her own defense she can't watch TV. 

• Love 4

Lisa V is too smart to actively go after Eileen, especially since she has zero reason to do so, but may be trying to mark her territory where ED is concerned.  Seriously, who complains about another gal having similar sunglasses?  Oy vey ... 

Teresa and Melissa from RHoNJ come to mind.  And Tamra and Gretchen on RHoOC.  Both pairs are all 'bitch stole my look' copycat complainers.  I'm sure there are others that I'm not remembering.   Is that who Lisa V wants to be compared to?

• Love 3

I might see it differently, but the way Vince was rattling off the rules of the game, I found it hard to follow. Maybe it would have been different if I was actually at the table and there were two less people there. Vince talked like the professional player that he is, rather than taking things slow. He might as well have been talking in Russian. I just could not get what he was saying other than two aces are the highest cards, something I already knew.  Not to mention all the cross-talk-drunken-talk that was going on by Brandi and Kim.

I think Vince was doing his best.  The women had the first two cards dealt to them face up.  When you are actually playing, these are kept face down. I think he was using them as visual tools.  Eileen said in her blog that they have often had parties where Vince did the teaching and they were successful and fun.  Gee, I wonder what happened this night?  LOL

• Love 3