Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

Lois is supposed to be a rival/peer of Cat Grant, so I'd want them to cast someone closer to Calista Flockhart's age. But I know this is CW, so it'll be someone about the same age as Tyler.  :-/

This is also an opportunity for stunt casting someone already connected with a DC/comic book/sci-fi property.

• Love 2

I'd love to see Lois meet up with Iris West-Allen.  Iris might actually start to do her day job again if she and Lois get together to help take down the baddies themselves while comparing notes about what it's like to be married to superheroes.

It's just a shame that Winn will miss out on seeing his mancrush again, unless he and the Legion make a special trip from 3018 to help out during the crossover!

• Love 2

I was shocked to come across this recent Vimeo video of Adrian Paul (best known for playing Duncan MacLeod on the old TV series Highlander) auditioning for a new role on Supergirl...

Adrian Paul - Supergirl Amadei
Posted: August 21, 2018, by Filmblips

Audition Scene 1: 
Reader (off-screen): "My son August - he never crawled, he never walked. He has a wonderful mind, but it's trapped in a body that doesn't work. No doctors have given us hope."
AP: "Come closer, son. Give me your hands. You have strong hands, August. But your vitality's trapped in your hands and in your mind. Let's help it flow, shall we?"
Reader: "Thank you. Thank you."

Audition Scene 2:
Reader (off-screen): "You've turned down interview offers for decades, yet you graciously agreed to speak to me. Why now?"
AP: "I see what is happening in your country. Divisiveness and discrimination. If we are to fight prejudice, people need to know who we are as aliens and what we do. To lead as an example for others, I must be seen. I am not comfortable with that, but comfort is not my priority right now."
Reader: "I'm sure your example will inspire many. You save countless lives with your gifts. Is it true your healing abilities don't work on humans?"
AP: "I have been on Earth for 80 years, healing aliens. As of yet, my frequency cannot reach humans. But it is my greatest wish to heal the human heart."

Audition Scene 3 (2 takes with minor variations in dialogue):
AP: "Am I dreaming? 
Reader (off-screen): "No. I'm here. I'm sorry my mother hurt you. But she was so angry."
AP: "Because I broke her heart. I didin't mean to. I didn't mean to break your heart either."
Reader: "It's okay."
AP: "But you have healed me. (Looks at different person) Thank you for bringing my daughter to me. Thank you."

SUPERGIRL.TV: SPOILERS - SEASON 4
https://supergirl.tv/spoilers/season-4-spoilers

Casting is looking for an alien named Amadei. This part will likely be the counter movement against Agent Liberties pro-humans only movement. Amadei is a private alien who has the ability to heal other aliens. For whatever reason, his powers can't help humans but it is his hope that stepping into the light and showing the world who he is and how he lives will help heal the human heart.

Edited by tv echo
On 23/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, legaleagle53 said:

I'd love to see Lois meet up with Iris West-Allen.  Iris might actually start to do her day job again if she and Lois get together to help take down the baddies themselves while comparing notes about what it's like to be married to superheroes.

I need this to happen. I'm still waiting for Iris to share meaningful screen time with Kara and James. If they can have team-ups between super-powered heroes, fighters, geek characters and love interests why not team-ups between reporters?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Some episode titles

The one that's interesting to comic fans is Parallax.  It's a Green Lantern villain which is the embodiment of fear so I wonder if they're going to try to incorporate that.  What does Kara fear the most? 

They addressed some of Kara's fears in the episode with Psi last season; but I don't remember the details.

From TVLine:https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2018-season-premiere-spoilers/#!34/supergirl-fall-tv-preview-2018/

SUPERGIRL

Curious about that second Kara we met at the end of Season 3? Be patient, because she’s “going to be threaded in as a mystery that doesn’t come to fruition until later this season,” according to EPs Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller.

In the immediate future, Kara will deal with threats from Mercy Graces (played by Rhona Mitra, The Last Ship), whose complicated history with the Luthors triggers an objective that “quickly puts her in conflict with Supergirl.” There’s also Agent Liberty (Sam Witwer, Being Human), whose goal is to “foster division and turn America against the aliens that have emigrated.”

The premiere also introduces Nia Nal (newcomer Nicole Maines), a reporter at CatCo who is revealed to be Dreamer, TV’s first transgender superhero. Taken under Supergirl’s wing, “Nia’s journey will be reminiscent of Kara’s in Season 1 as she figures out how to use her powers and become a fully realized hero.”

Meanwhile, Brainy will form a surprising bond with Alex, who has difficulty “trying to date” while running the DEO; and Lena and James’ relationship will “play out in a real way” as they get even closer.

BONUS SPOILER!: Jeremy Jordan may be Broadway bound, but Winn will return: “His arrival will come once he’s done with the play.”

• Love 1

From Variety: https://variety.com/gallery/fall-2018-returning-tv-shows-preview-gallery/#!30/fallout-5

“This season, we’re telling allegorical stories about real life issues that are incredibly topical and current. We want to explore how Supergirl can face the challenges that many of us are facing, so that she can inspire us to stand up against these types of injustices, too. Also, because Kara is a reporter, she’ll be reporting on many of the issues that our country is facing. We’ll be able to tackle issues of the press in this way and hopefully tell stories, which show how important a fair and free press is to democracy.”

– Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner, executive producers

supergirl.jpg?w=1000

Is this supposed to be the White House??

From TVLine:

Blind Items Revealed: 10 of Our Biggest (Recent) Brain Teasers Solved!

(only the Supergirl portion posted below)

B3D5DAD8-B9B6-47EC-89BE-091BC9325D68.jpeg

84613CF0-E4B0-4C5C-B4AB-6A237F2B49EE.jpeg

Here’s the rest of the original Blind Item: 

By all accounts, the incoming character, casting for which is now underway, is going to be a major addition to the ensemble (the words “series” and “regular” have been tossed around). It also sounds like this newcomer will fill a need that his/her predecessor could not, thus helping pave the way for a romantic connection.

What else can we divulge about this would-be, could-be courtship? Hmm…. The relationship would be interracial, possibly stymied by the new character’s own, recent breakup, and…  I’ve probably said too much!

LInk

Edited by Starfish35
Adding rest of original blind item
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It also sounds like this newcomer will fill a need that his/her predecessor could not, thus helping pave the way for a romantic connection.

So... new love interest will have a child already?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

The poster makes it look like Kara will become a Red Lantern.  You'd think a force against fear would look less foreboding.

As someone said in the comics when Kara did indeed become a Red Lantern, "a Kryptonian with a power ring is an extinction-level event."

• Love 1

Melissa Benoist is All Smiles While Filming 'Supergirl' With David Ajala

In the continuing of taking famous Superman stories in the comics and transplanting them to Supergirl, looks like they're taking 2001's "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?" later adapted in the animated Superman vs the Elite movie.

I normally don't mind white characters being played by POC actors in different media but I think it fits better that Manchester Black be an entitled, white little shit that Superman(or in this case Supergirl) beats up and shows that his way of doing things is wrong.

Unless they decided to alter the story and they turn him into Kara's Spike!

Edited by VCRTracking

Season 4 premiere description:

“American Alien” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

HOPE VS. FEAR — Diving back into reporting, Kara (Melissa Benoist) welcomes a new cub reporter to CatCo. Meanwhile, James (Mehcad Brooks) and Lena (Katie McGrath) argue about James’ impending indictment for acting as the vigilante Guardian, while Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Brainy (Jesse Rath) struggle to get in sync at the DEO.

Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) is called into action when remnants of the anti-alien terrorist organization Cadmus try to assassinate pro-alien leaders, but their endgame turns out to be much more sinister than she expected. J’onn (David Harewood) relishes his peaceful new life, but an outing with an old friend causes him concern.

Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Gabriel Llanas & Aadrita Mukerji
(#401).

Well, this is jam-packed. Stories for everyone!

James should talk to his buddy Clark to talk to his buddy Bruce to hook him up with a lawyer.

I assumed that J'onn would eventually find himself back at the DEO, if not part-time, then at least present for a few fights; but he better not be back by episode 2. Let the Martian have some time off.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:12 PM, VCRTracking said:

In the continuing of taking famous Superman stories in the comics and transplanting them to Supergirl, looks like they're taking 2001's "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?" later adapted in the animated Superman vs the Elite movie.

I normally don't mind white characters being played by POC actors in different media but I think it fits better that Manchester Black be an entitled, white little shit that Superman(or in this case Supergirl) beats up and shows that his way of doing things is wrong.

So, no purple hair, it seems.  I don't know the character at all but I listened to the spotlight on Supergirl Radio and that's apparently one of the things that stands out about him.

• Love 1
On 9/24/2018 at 1:12 PM, VCRTracking said:

Let me find they might hook Kara up with another brotha lol.

That spoiler account that predicted a bunch of stuff last year is up again. Take it with a huge grain of salt because there was another account posing as them last year before the real one returned.

ETA: Update: the real account came back and confirmed it was yet another fake account. 

Edited by Oreo2234

It took 4 seasons, but James finally gets an on-screen family member!

Azie Tesfai (Jane The Virgin) is set to recur on Season 4 as Kelly Olsen, the sister of iconic DC character Olsen, played by Mehcad Brooks. Kelly is an intelligent and insightful woman who spent time in the military in order to pay for medical school. She’s recently discharged from the military and is currently finishing her training as a psychiatrist. She’s got a large heart and cares deeply about others.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/supergirl-azie-tesfai-james-olsen-sister-kelly-olsen-cw-series-melissa-benoist-dc-1202486200/

• Love 1
On 10/19/2018 at 4:37 PM, Trini said:

Kelly is an intelligent and insightful woman who spent time in the military in order to pay for medical school. She’s recently discharged from the military and is currently finishing her training as a psychiatrist.

This is promising. Ex-military and a psychiatrist. She'll fit right in at the DEO.

38 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Or maybe Alex’s new love interest?  They did say it would be an interracial relationship.

I hope not, but that sounds plausible. I wouldn't like it for James to finally get some family, but she's mainly there to be Alex's story.

• Love 1

I don't think that Lucy would serve much of a purpose at this point.  Her main job was to create a triangle for Kara and James.  Later she was involved with the military in a command role but there wasn't much for them to do; being an antagonist for the DEO has limited story telling potential.

This new character can bring in military fighting skills as well as the trauma/PTSD aspect.  There's also the potential for sibling squabbles with James.

15 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Or maybe Alex’s new love interest?  They did say it would be an interracial relationship.

Yeah, probably that.  (A role Lucy couldn't really fill either unless they made her bi too.)

I'm okay with it, unless it takes over the show the way Alex?Maggie and Kara/Mon El took over s2.  Having her be related to James could bring an interesting element into it.

• Love 1

4.03 and 4.04 descriptions:

"Man of Steel"

XANDER BERKELEY GUEST STARS IN THE ORIGIN STORY OF AGENT LIBERTY - Ben Lockwood (Sam Witwer) didn't always hate aliens. Through a series of incidents, and input from his anti-alien father (guest star Xander Berkeley), Ben slowly transforms from a mild-mannered professor into the villainous Agent Liberty of today.

Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Rob Wright & Derek Simon
(#403). Original airdate 10/28/2018

“Ahimsa”

J’ONN MEETS MANCHESTER BLACK — When Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) needs help, Alex (Chyler Leigh) asks Lena (Katie McGrath) and Brainiac (Jesse Rath) to team up. Meanwhile, J’onn (David Haredwood) questions his decision to quit the DEO. However, after running into Manchester Black (guest star David Ajala), he realizes there are a lot of ways to help his fellow aliens during this tumultuous time.

Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode with story by Eric Carrasco and teleplay by Katie Rose Rogers & Jess Kardos
(#404). Original airdate 11/4/2018.

4.05 description:

"Parasite Lost"

THE POWER OF THE PEN - Colonel Haley (April Parker Jones) makes a surprising decision regarding Supergirl (Melissa Benoist). Kara writes a series of articles highlighting aliens in National City in the hopes that humans will stop being so fearful of them. Unfortunately, the article puts some of the aliens in harm's way.

David Mcwhirter directed the episode written by Maria Maggenti & Aadrita Mukerji (#405). Original airdate 11/11/2018.

4.06 description:

“Call to Action” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

THANKSGIVING — Everyone gathers for Thanksgiving but Kara (Melissa Benoist) is feeling down after her televised debate with Ben Lockwood (Sam Witwer) about the anti-alien sentiment coursing through National City. Meanwhile, James (Mehcad Brooks) and Lena (Katie McGrath) argue about the best way to handle the Children of Liberty.

Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Daniel Beaty
(#406). Original airdate 11/18/2018.

Yay! for another awkward Thanksgiving episode, boo! for a televised debate with Agent Liberty.

With the show bringing in Lex Luthor, I wonder why they killed off Mercy Graves so quickly?? I thought she was going to be the segue to bring him into the Agent Liberty arc.  Of course, he's still connected to Lena and Lilian, but getting rid of Mercy so soon seems a waste.

---

With Lena being a Luthor, there's always the possibility that she'll turn to the 'dark side', but since they are bringing in Lex - a true supervillain - I don't think she'll be evil anytime soon (if at all?). They need her to contrast the bigger bad guys in her family.

• Love 1

I had been looking forward to Lex showing up ever since they introduced Lena, but after the way they wrote Mercy I'm not so sure I even want him anymore. Mercy is so comically evil and dumb that she killed off DEO agents that defect to her side and had her brother stepping on kids toys just to be mean.

I thought we'd get to see a different side of Lex, having him interact with Lena, someone who genuinely cares for him (and who he seemed to genuinely care for before he became more unhinged).

But now it feels like they're just going to make him a moron villain in the mold of Mercy, who does tactically foolish and/or completely petty acts of evil just to remind everyone of how evil he is, with a side of him being jealous that Lena is smarter than him.

• Love 1

Casting news: https://deadline.com/2018/11/supergirl-hannah-james-kate-burton-cast-as-maeve-isabel-nal-in-cw-series-1202500065/

We’ll be meeting more members of the Nal family on the CW’s Supergirl. Hannah James is set to recur as Nia Nal’s (Nicole Maines) older sister Maeve and Scandal alum Kate Burton will guest star as Nia’s mother Isabel.

James’ Maeve Nal is driven and focused on maintaining the Nal family’s rich legacy. She and Nia have a strong sisterly bond, although Maeve has always had to work harder to achieve what comes naturally to Nia.

Burton’s Isabel, the warm and nurturing mother of Nia Nal, is a local hero in her own right. She is a wise and generous matriarch and has raised her family to be bold and courageous, as well as to love fiercely and openly.

More family for Nia.

Damn that is a left-turn casting choice! I admit the only thing I like about Superman IV was Jon Cryer's role as Lex' idiot nephew Lenny. Obviously he is way too old to be Brenda Strong's son. She would have had to have him when she was 5! Wonder how they're going to explain that. I like that it seems they're going comedic. Because of Trump I've grown tired of the 80s corporate Lex Luthor version. They've already had two ersatz versions of "corporate" Lex with Max Lord and Morgan Edge and I want "mad scientist" from the Silver Age Luthor. Also no offense to Cryer but this will hopefully discourage any gross incest shipping on Tumblr. 

Edited by VCRTracking
39 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

I like that it seems they're going comedic.

Do we know that they're doing that? Yes, Cryer is known for comedy, but I don't think that's means this role will be comedic.

The only problem I have with the casting is that his age doesn't line up with what they've already told us about the Luthor family.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Trini said:

Do we know that they're doing that? Yes, Cryer is known for comedy, but I don't think that's means this role will be comedic.

The only problem I have with the casting is that his age doesn't line up with what they've already told us about the Luthor family.

I suppose they could be doing that "Hey lets cast a comedian as a murderer or rapist" thing they do on a Law & Order show.

Ugh. Looks like they're going with the BvS twitchy geek version of Lex, aka the worst version of the character ever.

Also, Cryer's age doesn't line up with what's been established at all in the other castings/flashbacks.

I don't like this at all.

• Love 2