Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

there's at least a kiss between the two this part is sure, and I saw two different accounts talking about Alex drinking too much at the rehearsal and hooking up with Sara 

Apparently the now deleted account said there isn't. They just show them getting drunk and then they wake up together the next day.

I like the Overgirl costume. I think it will look very good onscreen.

Edited by Oreo2234

From EW:

How will James and Lena handle working together on Supergirl? — Micah

They’ll certainly be butting heads over leadership style (more on that soon!), but we’ll also finally get to see how James feels about Lena as a Luthor. “That’s complicated,” Mehcad Brooks tells me. “Being who James is, he tries to give everybody a second chance or fresh start. However, there’s always this skepticism in the back of his head. She’s a Luthor. Is she purposely doing this or that? James is probably the most skeptical of all out of everyone. The rest of them don’t know Lex, at least not the way I do.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/12/spoiler-room-scandal-blindspot-supergirl/

I didn't like Snapper as a character, but I think he added some much needed pushback. 

I read all this articles about the great friendships that Kara, Lena, Sam and Alex will have and while I'm glad for female relationships and all that, the writers seem to not get that any friendships are more interesting if there's actually contrasts and debate. If everybody sits around and agrees how awesome they are while sipping wine, that doesn't make for interesting television. 

Even a lot of completely non stormy tv friendships live off having at least a contrast of personality, like the serious hero and the bubbly sidekick. 

It sucks Supegirl keep's loosing or ditching characters every season. Maxwell Lord, Lucy, Snapper and Lillian has disappeared. And loosing the original Kara's birth mother with recasting. Also Maggie going soon. 

One big problem with the move in production from LA. So many actor's don't want to commit to filming in Canada.  It's too bad, because LA got a big tax break right after SG moved production. 

It would be one thing if they just dropped topics from season to season. It's not great, but it's a thing. But here they ended season 2 with that news bulletin about Lillian Luthor taking credit for saving National City and then in season 3 they actually reference the Daxamite invasion in the form of Edge nagging Lena about it (and the plot of episode 5 revolving around it), but they still don't tell us what happened to Lillian? Is she in jail? On the run? Rehabilitated? Has there been any news suggesting Brenda Strong is shooting for Supergirl this season? 

Bustle.com interview with Chris Wood about Mon-El's return

Mostly vague bla-bla stuff on how Mon-El will have changed a lot and it will have an impact on lots of characters. 

Episode 3.06 description:

"Midvale" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

ESCAPE DOWN MEMORY LANE - Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Alex (Chyler Leigh) head home to Midvale for a little R&R. While there, Kara recalls a painful memory of a childhood friend's death and how that traumatic experience brought the Danver sisters closer together. Izabela Vidovic plays Young Kara and Olivia Nikkanen plays Young Alex in flashbacks.

Rob Greenlea directed the episode written by Caitlin Parrish and Jess Kardos
(#306). Original airdate 11/13/2017.

Amy Jackson has confirmed that she is done shooting for the Rajinikanth starrer 2.0 with the team wrapping up a song schedule in Mumbai recently. ...

Having confirmed that she has completed shooting for her portions in the magnum opus, Amy flew down to Canada to shoot for the CW’s series, Supergirl, in which she will be seen as the Saturn Girl.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/done-rajini-s-20-amy-canada-supergirl-70506

57 minutes ago, Trini said:

'The CW has released the first official photo of the new villain for the series – Reign.'

Reveal hidden contents

spg03_reign_0001-1200_59f7779668e978-089

Wasn't expecting them to do a costume reveal this early; are we even going to see Sam turn villain before mid-season? With costume and everything?

3.09 the winter finale is called Reign, they will really need to speed up her transformation especially with 3.06 being the Danvers centric episode and 3.08 the crossover

As for her look, I'm not feeling the mask and I guess she takes inspiration from Supergirl for the costume because otherwise we wouldn't know that her story is a dark version of kara's.

I suspect the mask is because initially Kara and possibly Sam herself won't be aware she is Reign and she will continue to live her normal life when she isn't doing supervillian stuff. 

Edited by Oreo2234

She looks pretty much nothing like Reign. I mean I'm fine with them giving her a more practical outfit than the TINY top that she has in the comics (which always looked stupid to me anyway).

But could she at least have the grey skin and red hair please?

3 hours ago, Bats27 said:

She looks pretty much nothing like Reign. I mean I'm fine with them giving her a more practical outfit than the TINY top that she has in the comics (which always looked stupid to me anyway).

But could she at least have the grey skin and red hair please?

The thing she sees in her nightmares is closer to comic reigns so maybe her transformation will be progressive and she will be the real Reign at the end of the season.

http://tvline.com/2017/11/06/supergirl-brainiac-5-legion-super-heroes-jesse-rath/

Brainiac 5 cast, he will begin in 3.10 called Legion of Super-Heroes, I wonder how it works Mon-El and Saturn Girl beginning in 3.07, will they be the only two on the ship or the rest of the legion will stay asleep for some reasons?

One thing I'm not looking forward is the upcoming mess when Brainiac will become a love interest for Kara while Mon-El is with Saturn Girl

• Love 1

Thanks for that. Well I wasn't at all looking forward to Kara being in a love triangle with a married man/otherwise taken man, so bonus, but a potential love quadrangle isn't something I want to see for any of them either, which might well end up happening since Chris Wood is still a regular. I like JR though so I'll guess I'll have to wait and see how it plays out. 

BRAINIAC 5!!!! THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES!!!! HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!!!!

* Ahem *.  Sorry.

But in the long tradition of mediocre actors using social media to campaign for roles, I am fully prepared to go up to Vancouver, sit on the sidewalk outside Berlanti's office and suck down KFC until they make me Bouncing Boy.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Iceman91 said:

http://tvline.com/2017/11/06/supergirl-brainiac-5-legion-super-heroes-jesse-rath/

Brainiac 5 cast, he will begin in 3.10 called Legion of Super-Heroes, I wonder how it works Mon-El and Saturn Girl beginning in 3.07, will they be the only two on the ship or the rest of the legion will stay asleep for some reasons?

One thing I'm not looking forward is the upcoming mess when Brainiac will become a love interest for Kara while Mon-El is with Saturn Girl

At least Brainiac 5 and Kara are Silver Age comic-book canon.  They actually were an item until Kara retired from the Legion, although he still carried the torch for her for years afterwards and did everything he could to keep her in the 30th Century whenever she visited that era, since her eventual demise in the late 20th Century was a matter of history to him and he couldn't bear the thought of her returning to her own time to live out that fate no matter what.

5 hours ago, MarkHB said:

BRAINIAC 5!!!! THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES!!!! HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!!!!

* Ahem *.  Sorry.

But in the long tradition of mediocre actors using social media to campaign for roles, I am fully prepared to go up to Vancouver, sit on the sidewalk outside Berlanti's office and suck down KFC until they make me Bouncing Boy.

I'm right there with you -- you're really cute when you geek out like that!  ;-)

• Love 1

I'm also very much looking forward to Brainiac, he's an interesting character. I wonder if they will even make him green skinned, since that would seriously hamper his ability to run around in the city (and would probably pretty annoying for the actor to go through every time).  Maybe he'll have face overlaying technology like they have on Flash? 

Kara/Brainy bothers me much less than Mon-El/Saturn, not because of the married factor but because it's supposed to be Saturngirl/Lightning Lad and Mon-El/Shadow Lass. If there isn't some sort of odd twist to the pairing, it just seems assy for no reason against the comic pairings to do it like this. 

• Love 1

Thought of the day: if Midvale came about because Melissa was on vacation, does that mean that we will get another episode that will be really light on Melissa and Chyler this time because they are part of the crossover? 

1 hour ago, tofutan said:

Thought of the day: if Midvale came about because Melissa was on vacation, does that mean that we will get another episode that will be really light on Melissa and Chyler this time because they are part of the crossover? 

I believe they may have just booked more time on the crossover, as in instead of 8 day filming it is 10. Perhaps Midvale was done so Melissa went on vacation and relaxed so she wouldn't be exhausted for the crossover. But wouldn't that have been episode 7 and not 6. 

I think perhaps episode 9 might be more Reign heavy, given that is her big episode. So maybe we get less Kara in it.

But the entire cast had time off for Midvale really. 

Pictures for Wake Up (for all the rumors about the Mon-El/Saturngirl marriage, it sure seems weird that he both remembers who Kara is, based on the promo, and is still weaking her necklace. I could like see one or the other, but both combined seem kinda tacky if he really is in a new relationship)

Casting call for a female Tormock (anybody know, if they are casting now, which epsiode they would roughly be in)

It's weird that the ship contains 5 pods, but we've heard only of two other Legionnaires so far. 

tumblr_ozfih6LEi91sdfrnyo1_500.png

Are there any Legionnaires with time manipulation powers? Because one of those symbols looks kind of like a hourglass. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Trini said:

So, has Mon-El been cured of his lead allergy? I can't imagine he'll be in quarantine the entire time.

If the episode follows comic-book canon, yes.  A cure will be invented in the 30th Century (which is where the Legion comes from) that will not only cure him of his lead poisoning, but will also allow him to retain his powers even under a red sun.  That will make him even more powerful than Superman and Supergirl, since they lose their powers under a red sun.

• Love 1

I hope they leave out the part about retaining powers under a red sun. Even just entirely curing his weakness to lead makes him pretty invulnerable. I don't want Mon-el threatening to overpower Supergirl. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 3

Well he is already pretty depowered compared to his comic book form, where he has natural flight and heatvision, which he hasn't been shown to have in the show so far. At this point he really isn't anything special yet, just an above average robust dude, not really comparable to what Kara or J'onn have. They could also still make him vulnerable to lead (as in: it can penetrate his skin) without it having the longterm poison affect.). 

Episode 9 Summary

REIGN CHALLENGES SUPERGIRL – Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) investigates a mysterious symbol popping up all over National City, tracing its origins back to an ancient prophecy and the mark of the World Killer, Reign (Odetee Annable). Meanwhile, the tension between Lena (Katie McGrath) and Morgan Edge (guest star Adrian Pasdar) continues to build, causing James to step in and offer up some protection, and possibly igniting a spark in the process. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Paula Yoo & Caitlin Parrish (#309).

I'm pretty stumped what extra powers Reign is supposed to have that make her a world killer more so than any Kryptonian. I'm really puzzles why we haven't heard anything of additional Legion members being cast since there are more pods than people we have heard of so far (Mon-El, Saturngirl and Brainiac 5). I'm guessing they won't bring Shadowlass or else they would have made her Mon-El's partner. Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy would make up the "Big 3" with Saturngirl, the same ones who were on Smallville. If they don't want to do this, maybe Phantom Girl, Timberwolf, Chameleon Boy? I could see them get some good jokes out of one of the invisible heroes. 

I guess Jeremy used his time off when he was absent in "Midvale" to grow that beard! I'm glad he gets to participate somewhat in the crossover. Next year we have to get J'onn and James in on the action. Overgirl is missing her eyeliner of evil. ;-)

• Love 2

Well since the crossover starts on Supergirl, then I'm wondering if all the Supergirl cast sits it out, or if they just appear in part 1 on Supergirl. 

I guess it's going to be weird for fans who just watch Supergirl. Because the wedding occurs on Supergirl for Barry and Iris. I guess the way the show's air is part in way it is this way. 

But are we certain for sure it's really truly a 4-part story, and not having part 1 being the POV of the Supergirl cast before the wedding, and Arrow the point of the view from arrow's show, with Flash's show the wedding and Legend's the aftermath and resolution. 

Because it starts on Supergirl, and since she is on a different earth. I very much doubt, the plot doesn't get moving until Arrow when we are on earth 1. Because Supergirl being on a different earth makes it difficult to get the plot going. So in a way it still will forever feel like it's not her story, with just Kara and Alex jumping into a different show.

The Barry and Irish wedding won't occur on the first hour on Supergirl of course, and will still be on part 3. 

Edited by nightwing877

I'm fairly sure that part 1 will follow Kara and Alex to earth 1. On the Arrow board, somebody split the spoiler pics apart by episode. Based on this the follow things will happen on Supergirl: 

Barry/Iris wedding rehearsal
Alex/Sara one night stand
The beginning of the wedding that is then interrupted by nazis

Also, apparently Stephen Amnell gave away during a fan convention that Kara and Oliver will share a passionate kiss during the crossover (presumably in their nazi incarnations, which I think is beyond gross. imo there's already way too many people praising how sexy and cool Overgirl looks, you don't need to add to that by also putting her into a romantic or sexual situation, these are still Nazis). 

11 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

Well since the crossover starts on Supergirl, then I'm wondering if all the Supergirl cast sits it out, or if they just appear in part 1 on Supergirl. 

I guess it's going to be weird for fans who just watch Supergirl. Because the wedding occurs on Supergirl for Barry and Iris. I guess the way the show's air is part in way it is this way. 

I'm hoping they have at least one or two token scenes of the other Supergirl cast before Kara and Alex cross over to attend the wedding. And yeah, it's going to be weird. I don't think the network, etc. have done enough to let viewers know that the other casts are going to be on the other shows.

But are we certain for sure it's really truly a 4-part story, and not having part 1 being the POV of the Supergirl cast before the wedding, and Arrow the point of the view from arrow's show, with Flash's show the wedding and Legend's the aftermath and resolution. 

Because it starts on Supergirl, and since she is on a different earth. I very much doubt, the plot doesn't get moving until Arrow when we are on earth 1. Because Supergirl being on a different earth makes it difficult to get the plot going. So in a way it still will forever feel like it's not her story, with just Kara and Alex jumping into a different show.

The Barry and Irish wedding won't occur on the first hour on Supergirl of course, and will still be on part 3. 

The producers have been saying for a while that this year's crossover is like a 4-hour movie, and they're not treating it like individual episodes of each show like they've done before. The (church) wedding does start on Supergirl then gets interrupted, then it concludes in the last hour on Legends.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Trini said:

I'm hoping they have at least one or two token scenes of the other Supergirl cast before Kara and Alex cross over to attend the wedding. And yeah, it's going to be weird. I don't think the network, etc. have done enough to let viewers know that the other casts are going to be on the other shows.

I hope so too. It might be confusing for viewers. They have to include these on every shows dvd/blu ray sets. It will be completely confusing not to include them. Like last season, the supergirl/flash crossover is so confusing for supergirl only fans, going where is the flash episode. It will just be so weird that the wedding occurs on Supergirl, just because her show is the first to air in the week. But I guess that is how it goes for Supergirl to be on another earth. 

The producers have been saying for a while that this year's crossover is like a 4-hour movie, and they're not treating it like individual episodes of each show like they've done before. The (church) wedding does start on Supergirl then gets interrupted, then it concludes in the last hour on Legends.

Aww cool so it is truly a 3-hour movie. So they will be doing it that way. I guess if your just a Supergirl fan it will be confusing and only and same if you only watch certain shows. 

Like I said before, they definitely have to include all 4 episodes on every show's box set, even if it means the season sets have an extra disc to accommodate them. 

• Love 2

It's definitely weird that they didn't build up the wedding more on Supergirl, like show her receiving the wedding invitation in an earlier episode, to sort of prep the Supergirl audience that that is something that is coming up. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, tofutan said:

It's definitely weird that they didn't build up the wedding more on Supergirl, like show her receiving the wedding invitation in an earlier episode, to sort of prep the Supergirl audience that that is something that is coming up. 

Definitely agree. Most fans are going to be confused.

I guess in a way if you primary watch just Supergirl, you can just skip this crossover on a re-watch. I mean if you skipped it, it wouldn't impact the rest of the season, seeing as they don't bother to mention the crossover episode's in episodes proceeding or after the crossover.