Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

EW Spoiler Room:

The fact that Lena has been hiding Sam’s true nature as Reign won’t be lost on James, but it made lead to a better understanding between them, especially since he’s hiding a Guardian-sized secret of his own. “It’s not prudent to keep secrets from your lover, period,” Mehcad Brooks says. “But I think that people would understand once you come clean, and we both come clean about secrets we’re keeping from each other — that actually brings us closer together.”

So confirmation that they're 'lovers'!

DPNBpj8.gif

• Love 2

I hadn't heard that spoiler (if it was one that was linked to I wouldn't have clicked on it anyway), but I hope it isn't true for the regulars. Odette I expected to leave at the end of the season; Ruby's actress surprises me if it's true because the casting announcement for that role said that there was a chance at a pickup for next season, and it seemed like they were lining her up to be Alex's new kid.

So, from what I gather is that we're returning to Catco next season, at least in a more hands-on capacity than it's been this season. And, furthermore, it seems like we'll see more Reporter Kara? I'm not so excited about that part, unless Nia's scenes will be with James.

• Love 1

If the CW and the Supergirl don't want a PR disaster on their hands they really need to find a real transgender actress for the role.

By the way, the casting notice came with cast list for the show that confirms the spoilers circulating around for next year, Jesse Rath is described as a regular and Chris Wood and Jeremy Jordan are nowhere to be found.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:54 PM, Iceman91 said:

If the CW and the Supergirl don't want a PR disaster on their hands they really need to find a real transgender actress for the role.

I saw a notice specifically asking for that.

Episode 22 and 23 (finale) descriptions:

“Make it Reign”

SUPERGIRL PREPARES FOR BATTLE – Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) learns the true depth of Serena’s (guest star Anjali Jay) nefarious plans for Earth. Supergirl, Mon-El (Chris Wood) and Alura (guest star Erica Durance) must devise a plan to stop her before Serena gets to Earth. J’onn (David Harewood) prepares to say goodbye to his father (guest star Carl Lumby).

Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Cindy Lichtman

(#322). Original airdate 6/11/2018.

"Battles Lost and Won"

SHOCKING SEASON FINALE - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and team take on Serena in an epic battle for Earth.

Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller

(#323). Original airdate 6/18/2018.

Yeah, I don't like them switching the threat (Reign to Serena) right at the end.

Where's M'yrnn going?? He better not be dying!

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Trini said:

J’onn (David Harewood) prepares to say goodbye to his father (guest star Carl Lumby).

I swear this show has the best treatment of a dementia storyline on TV.

Yes, that's her. Alura called her by name in the council meting.  Imdb calls her the "Dark Kryptonian" which seemed racist to me but I guess it refers to her morals and not her skin colour.

• Love 1

So I'm guessing that in next week's episode they neutralize Reign (or at least think they do) and Supergirl decides to head off to Argo City to spend some quality time with her mom - what we see in the trailer is really from the end of the episode.  Then she'll spend most if not all of 3x22 engaging in relationship drama with Mon-El, talking it out with her mom, and playing detective when she notices Serena acting shifty.  Meanwhile, James and Lena discuss whether or not it's fair to let Kara Danvers not really do her job AND take an extended vacation with practically no notice while J'onn might be considering a move to Mars to look after his dad.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Serena is the Kryptonian councilor / Worldkiller Priestess, right?

Well, I definitely missed this from the last episode. Shows how much I was paying attention.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 01/06/2018 at 11:15 AM, Trini said:

Episode 22 and 23 (finale) descriptions:

Yeah, I don't like them switching the threat (Reign to Serena) right at the end.

Where's M'yrnn going?? He better not be dying!

That’s pretty much what they do every season. Astra and Lillian were both eventually replaced as big bads.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Love 2
On 6/3/2018 at 7:50 AM, rogvortex58 said:

That’s pretty much what they do every season. Astra and Lillian were both eventually replaced as big bads.

I guess; but this time is different to me since we only *just* got introduced to Selena (as a person, not a hologram), and there's only 3 more episodes to go. Non, and Queen of Daxam(forgot her name) had way more episodes of set-up. (Plus with Astra I think there was an actress availability issue.)

• Love 1

So, I finally found some actual information about the rumours about half the cast leaving. Unfortunately, they seem to be fairly accurate. This was from just over a month ago:

M1w_fj2M-p1aTaVvLQrampobL5D6l_n4FNjX6LXz

I guess, luckily for me, it does leave the door open for Jeremy, Chris, and David to return. Nobody dies, so that's good, but this does sound extremely accurate and now I feel like I might actually believe it. I'm hoping this is all the actors' choices to leave (at least the main guys). I think I can believe that Jeremy wants to focus more on Broadway for a bit, and honestly, I'm surprised he stuck with this for so long in Vancouver. I remember back when Supergirl was announced to be moving production to Vancouver, I was convinced Winn was going to be written off because of Jeremy's Broadway commitments.

What does surprise me about these spoilers if them writing Mon-El off....again. It just feels like an odd choice, unless it was Chris' choice. 

Maybe David's leaving to spend more time with his family.

Either way, the door is still clearly open for at least these three. Odette and Emma seem to be truly gone, which is no surprise.

• Love 2

This doesn't sound like everyone is leaving Moreso it's just setting up next season with everyone doing different things. They'll probably all come back together after a time jump..

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

This doesn't sound like everyone is leaving Moreso it's just setting up next season with everyone doing different things. They'll probably all come back together after a time jump..

Perhaps. I would love to see Mon-El/Winn in the future, that's for sure, and I'd love to see where J'onn is going. I'm just hesitant because, following the actors on social media, it seems like some of them are busy in July. Melissa's doing her Broadway play (so I really don't get how Supergirl starts filming in July with their lead out in New York four days a week), Jeremy's doing some concerts with his wife (he also has a show in October), and Chris seems to be directing his own short film. Add to the press release mentioning Jesse Rath as a regular and all of the rumoured departing cast members not on that, and I think it's likely that we won't be seeing J'onn, Winn, and Mon-El for a while. Maybe they're dropping to recurring, or maybe they just won't be credited for the episodes they don't appear in. 

Either way, I WAS skeptical until I found the above post. Combine that with a couple of reliable sources in Vancouver, and I think I believe it now. But, again, it doesn't sound like they're all gone for good and there's a chance for them to return at some point in season 4. 

I'd love to be wrong about this, by the way. I can't say I'm interested in the possibility of Alex wanting to adopt going into season 4 while running the DEO (though maybe she'll learn that her being head of the DEO is like being a parent?), or James being outed as Guardian and possibly going to jail, or James/Lena. I don't even know if I like any of the new characters mentioned. 

I'm curious to see how they reduce Melissa's role for the first few episodes, because I think they have to. I mean, if she can somehow do both her play and Supergirl, then good on her. I just think that she's going to be wiped out before the second week of double duty even starts. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Perhaps. I would love to see Mon-El/Winn in the future, that's for sure, and I'd love to see where J'onn is going. I'm just hesitant because, following the actors on social media, it seems like some of them are busy in July. Melissa's doing her Broadway play (so I really don't get how Supergirl starts filming in July with their lead out in New York four days a week), Jeremy's doing some concerts with his wife (he also has a show in October), and Chris seems to be directing his own short film. Add to the press release mentioning Jesse Rath as a regular and all of the rumoured departing cast members not on that, and I think it's likely that we won't be seeing J'onn, Winn, and Mon-El for a while. Maybe they're dropping to recurring, or maybe they just won't be credited for the episodes they don't appear in. 

Either way, I WAS skeptical until I found the above post. Combine that with a couple of reliable sources in Vancouver, and I think I believe it now. But, again, it doesn't sound like they're all gone for good and there's a chance for them to return at some point in season 4. 

I'd love to be wrong about this, by the way. I can't say I'm interested in the possibility of Alex wanting to adopt going into season 4 while running the DEO (though maybe she'll learn that her being head of the DEO is like being a parent?), or James being outed as Guardian and possibly going to jail, or James/Lena. I don't even know if I like any of the new characters mentioned. 

I'm curious to see how they reduce Melissa's role for the first few episodes, because I think they have to. I mean, if she can somehow do both her play and Supergirl, then good on her. I just think that she's going to be wiped out before the second week of double duty even starts. 

I agree.  If the trans character can become a worthy successor to Cat Grant, she could be great for the show.  Other than that, the only new character I'm interested in seeing is Chester Green because he might be Manchester Black and it'll be interesting to see if the writers can do a male villain justice without making him sexist.

• Love 1

I'm actually surprised Mehcad isn't on the list of possible people leaving.  He seems to be focused on his upcoming album and travels a lot, and it's not like they are using James anyway.  Judging by social media at least he seems to me to be the least connected to the show at this point, as he rarely mentions it. 

The interviews Jeremy has done in the past year or so suggest that he's really ready to get back to Broadway, and there have been a few where I thought he seemed surprisingly blunt about it being a matter of his SG contract that is holding him back.  He's also working on a solo album. He recently posted about an interview he did for a Broadway-related podcast that is coming out (conveniently!) next Tuesday... the day after the finale.  He dropped some cryptic hints about it that don't make any sense, so my theory is maybe he's leaving SG (at least for awhile) to work on something else and can't say that until the finale has aired. Also, as far as I know his wife never moved out to Vancouver with him, so I'm surprised he's lasted this long with them being apart for so much of the year. 

I can also see David wanting to get back to his family, as I gather they aren't with him in Vancouver either. I'm surprised about Chris, though.  I have to wonder if maybe the show and/or Chris himself just got tired of dealing with the drama surrounding Mon-El, judging by the anger any post about him still tends to generate on social media. 

Now that the status of Jesse Rath and Jeremy Jordan is confirmed the only point of interrogation is knowing if Chris Wood is leaving entirely or if he'll take a similar deal than Jeremy

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Iceman91 said:

Now that the status of Jesse Rath and Jeremy Jordan is confirmed the only point of interrogation is knowing if Chris Wood is leaving entirely or if he'll take a similar deal than Jeremy

I'm just as curious about David Harewood's status. 

I'm still sad about JJ, but I think it puts me further at ease, knowing that he'll be recurring, which means he WILL be in season 4. The question is more about how many episodes he'll actually end up being in. It is nice that JJ didn't seem to fully close the door on Supergirl and he can still pursue Broadway and his music career on top of Supergirl. 

But since it sounds like him and Mon-El will be in the future together, I imagine we'll definitely see Chris Wood again in season 4. They certainly have been leaving the door open for Karamel. It's just really odd that they started heavily hinting at Karamel in this second half...only to drop Chris Wood from the cast and choosing to ship Mon-El off to the future with Winn (where he'll presumably still be working with Imra, his wife/maybe ex wife). I wonder when they decided this; it certainly would have been easier to keep Mon-El with Imra and choosing to remain friends with Kara, that's for sure. Now the Karamel fans get teased and yanked around AGAIN. I'm no Karamel fan, but I feel bad for the ones that are.

Also, I gotta say that I'm annoyed with many characters now, so I would have killed for an Imra/Winn/Mon-El spinoff show...or even a limited series of them in the future. I've grown to like Mon-El, love Winn, really enjoy Imra, and find Mon-El/Winn's bromance just a smidge better than Winn's bromance with James (and I've grown to feel some fondness for the Winn/James bromance after feeling it was forced in season 2; man, season 2 was a hot mess throughout).

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Trini said:

Who said Chris Wood is leaving?

There are several pieces of evidence, starting with Canadian pap kenpursuit as well as Canadagraph, who have talked about several cast members leaving; kenpursuit, who IS more reliable than unreliable,started the whole "Jeremy, Chris, David, as well as Odette and Emma are leaving", going into more detail about how Chris' departure isn't his choice. Then, the tumblr post up above that I posted about the spoilers for the final few episodes that had been posted a month ago, and all of those plot points have happened exactly how they're written there. Also, when the casting calls began to be sent out for Supergirl (with the trans reporter), there was also a press release or something that named the series regular for season 4; Jesse's name was on it, but Jeremy, Chris, and David's names were missing from it. 

So, with so many of these things coming true, it's not farfetched to believe Chris Wood dropping from a series regular is in the cards for season 4, though he could also just be dropping to recurring. 

I'll try to refind the specific links to these pieces of news and edit them into this post.

ETA: So I have Ken's original tweet about CW leaving the show near the top of this page. I guess it turns out that I was somewhat wrong, in that Ken specified that Chris' fate was up in the air for the show, not that he was for sure leaving. However, he probably is being dropped to recurring.

Also, here's the part about who's in the main cast for season 4:

Dds_6GAVQAIqqpH.jpg:large

I guess I was completely mistaken about DH being dropped as well, or decisions were made after ken's tweets in early May. 

20 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, I gotta say that I'm annoyed with many characters now, so I would have killed for an Imra/Winn/Mon-El spinoff show...or even a limited series of them in the future. I've grown to like Mon-El, love Winn, really enjoy Imra, and find Mon-El/Winn's bromance just a smidge better than Winn's bromance with James (and I've grown to feel some fondness for the Winn/James bromance after feeling it was forced in season 2; man, season 2 was a hot mess throughout).

You're not the only one.  I would love it if some of Winn's scenes in Season 4 were of him adjusting to life in 3018/19 and even becoming an honorary member of the Legion of Super-Heroes after working with them and the Science Police as a way of setting up a backdoor pilot for a Legion spin-off.

So, do you guys think they're going to try to do the Brainy/Kara romance from the comics? I kinda want to see it. I know he's not the typical romantic lead for the heroine (on one of these kinds of shows), but that's actually what I like about the idea.

Then again, aside from Alex/Maggie, this show has been really bad at writing romance. But Brainy gives them obvious story potential for an artificial being experiencing human emotions (I alway like that trope). I don't know. I hope they try it.

• Love 2

I don't think Brainy is 100% artificial.

I too like that he's not the typical romantic lead but they need to tone down the quirkiness. If they intend to play Kara + Brainy as the two quirky dorks who crush on each other and are just really awkward and can't stop talking fast then I'm going to be annoyed.

I'm open to it but not shipping it yet. I need to see more of them to figure out what kind of dynamic and chemistry they may have. I'm slow to ship and I agree that the show doesn't have a good track record with Kara's romances.

I'm actually interested in what happens with Kara and Lena next season. Lena is still in the dark (ridiculous!) and they have kinda sidelined the friendship in s3.

13 hours ago, ruby24 said:

So, do you guys think they're going to try to do the Brainy/Kara romance from the comics? I kinda want to see it. I know he's not the typical romantic lead for the heroine (on one of these kinds of shows), but that's actually what I like about the idea.

If they DO go there, it will be interesting to see how it's written/played out, since in the comics, Brainy and Kara were really more of an off-again/on-again thing, largely due to the fact that Kara wasn't terribly fond of the 1,000-year commute she had to make to the 30th Century, and she never tended to stick around very long on the occasions that she did have a reason to visit that era.  And while having Brainy commute back to the 20th Century was possible since time-travel technology existed in the 30th Century, it would have been awkward for Supergirl's alter ego Linda Danvers to explain why her boyfriend was the color of an underripe banana.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

And while having Brainy commute back to the 20th Century was possible since time-travel technology existed in the 30th Century, it would have been awkward for Supergirl's alter ego Linda Danvers to explain why her boyfriend was the color of an underripe banana.

???????????

• Love 2
(edited)

All this speculation on Brainy and here I thought that after the misfire that was Karamel, the show was clearly circling back to Pilot/Season 1 Karolsen. 

Edited by Katsullivan

I loved karamel and while I know a lot of bitching went on these forums and probably social media I'm not sure they were the car crash they're made out to be.... Well in season two anyway.. This season they were ruined horribly written.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Katsullivan said:

All this speculation on Brainy and here I thought that after the misfire that was Karamel, the show was clearly circling back to Pilot/Season 1 Karolsen. 

I think the Brainy speculation has to do with their comic history. There's nothing in the show that suggests they are going to become an item. Unless they change showrunners, they are not going back to Karolsen. The current ones don't feel the couple and seem committed to James + Lena.

3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I loved karamel and while I know a lot of bitching went on these forums and probably social media I'm not sure they were the car crash they're made out to be.... Well in season two anyway.. This season they were ruined horribly written.

They were more polarizing than universally hated.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Starry said:

I think the Brainy speculation has to do with their comic history. There's nothing in the show that suggests they are going to become an item. Unless they change showrunners, they are not going back to Karolsen. The current ones don't feel the couple and seem committed to James + Lena.

The show has Lena lying to everyone about continuing to study/experiment with the magic space rock and might be having her follow in her brother and mother's footsteps, so I'm not sure that Lena/James are going to survive next season.

• Love 1

I really hope they have Lena be a scientist in the sense that science is neither morally good nor evil but just a search for knowledge which Kara keeps shutting down through immaturity.  Lena is too good a character to pigeon hole into being a villain.

I thought Kara and Mon El were much better in season 3 than in season 2. But until Kara matures somewhat, I'd like her to stay single.

• Love 3

https://ew.com/tv/2018/07/17/smallville-sam-witwer-supergirl-season-4-agent-liberty/

Sam Witwer, who starred on Smallville season 8 as Doomsday, has joined the CW superhero drama’s upcoming fourth season in the series regular role of DC Comics character Agent Liberty.

In the show’s interpretation on the character, Agent Liberty is the ruthless and terrifying founder and figurehead of Children of Liberty, a hate group that supports a human-first world order. According to a description from the show’s producers, he’s “a brilliant orator in the guise of a family man” and the scariest thing about him is how easily he can convince people that he’s right. Given that Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO tend to be pro-alien integration, it’s definitely fair to assume they won’t get along with Agent Liberty and his Children of Liberty.

Has anyone figured the filming situation with Benoist being in NY? Has she been in Vancouver at all yet? I'm curious; I don't normally look for set-related/filming spoilers.

It sounds like President Wonder Woman is going to be heading out of the Oval Office.  She' probably be outed as part of the anti-alien movement and we'll see how VP Data handles things.  If the full story is released (i.e. Supergirl, Cat, etc. kept quiet about it) then they could easily be brought up on charges.  I don't think she was born on Earth so legally she's not eligible to be POTUS.  I'm pretty sure helping to cover up that fact counts as a crime.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

It sounds like President Wonder Woman is going to be heading out of the Oval Office.  She' probably be outed as part of the anti-alien movement and we'll see how VP Data handles things.  If the full story is released (i.e. Supergirl, Cat, etc. kept quiet about it) then they could easily be brought up on charges.  I don't think she was born on Earth so legally she's not eligible to be POTUS.  I'm pretty sure helping to cover up that fact counts as a crime.

It's not that she wasn't born on Earth. It's that she's not a natural-born US citizen.  THAT'S what would make her constitutionally ineligible to serve as President of the United States, and it's not a requirement that can be waived via public vote on the ground that she's been a good President "and that should be good enough for the country."  It would take a constitutional amendment to eliminate the requirement, and even then, the change in the law could only be applied to future extraterrestrial candidates -- it couldn't be used to grandfather her in.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

I don't get that.  If I discovered that the president was 34, not 35, when he took office, how would I be committing a crime by ignoring this fact?  Would I be expected to call the constitutional police?  

8 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I don't get that.  If I discovered that the president was 34, not 35, when he took office, how would I be committing a crime by ignoring this fact?  Would I be expected to call the constitutional police?  

I think you'd be obligated to tell someone and there's probably enough legal wiggle room to take it to the courts.  Regardless of the criminal aspect someone who stands for truth, justice, and the American way would be pilloried for keeping that quiet.  It also means everything the POTUS did is potentially invalid.  Can you imagine the uproar if Trump or Obama were revealed to be ineligible for office?   Anyone who knew and kept quiet would be crucified in the court of public opinion.

• Love 1

If revealed?

But on another note,  I'm not sure if Supergirl or Cat would be obligated legally to tell someone,  it's not obstruction technically,  it's just... doing nothing. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Delphi said:

But on another note,  I'm not sure if Supergirl or Cat would be obligated legally to tell someone,  it's not obstruction technically,  it's just... doing nothing. 

As Press Secretary Cat almost certainly swore an oath to defend the Constitution, yada yada, etc.  Technically speaking every US citizen has a responsibility to "Support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic" so knowingly allowing someone to serve in direct violation to the Constitution almost certainly violates that sentiment.  I don't know if that's a crime or not.

Edited by cambridgeguy
On 23/06/2018 at 7:45 AM, Katsullivan said:

Nah, they havent finished their anti racism deprogramming program yet.   Maybe in a couple of years?,  i pray for them, they wont be cancelled soon.

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 1