Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

Looks like  we will see Alex (or more likely a doppelganger) as a superhero. Chyler Leigh posted a photo of herself in a super hero costume. It's a lot like Kara's (with the S symbol) but black and blue. Here is a link to an article on it. As Primal Slayer said it is weird that they are doing all this doppelganger stuff when the characters think there isn't multiverse anymore. 

ETA: Helen Slater and the actress who plays young Alex will be back in an episode this season. I don't know if the young Kara actress is returning. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Other 5.11 photos here: https://supergirl.tv/back-from-the-future-part-1-gallery

His suit is ... fine. But I'm wondering if they are adapting a LoSH comic character for his hero persona, or if he's just Winn with tech(?) powers.

I wonder why they didn't put out any photos of ToyMan Winn? - not a big deal, though.

Awkward - Nia and Brainy still have to work together after their breakup.

Okay, so maybe Leviathan is the bigger threat, but Brainy (and everyone else) still remember that Lena tried to change the brains of the entire planet, right? And they know that Lena is still salty, so they should be keeping an eye on her, right? I know asking for things to make sense is a lot, but still.

• Love 1

Yeah, this is a lot of doppelgangers for a show that doesn't usually have them. I like seeing doppelgangers, but yeah. Plus, we know the 100th episode is also going to show us different versions of everyone again.

11 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

Looks like  we will see Alex (or more likely a doppelganger) as a superhero. Chyler Leigh posted a photo of herself in a super hero costume. It's a lot like Kara's (with the S symbol) but black and blue. Here is a link to an article on it. As Primal Slayer said it is weird that they are doing all this doppelganger stuff when the characters think there isn't multiverse anymore. 

She's Superwoman, probably? How is the question....

In the comics, Lucy Lane, Lois Lane, and Lana Lang are all non-Kryptonians that have worn the House of El crest and had the title of Superwoman.

I should have guessed giving Alex powers would happen eventually; but they have liked keeping her a regular human to contrast with Kara.

A lot of news today. According to CBR a new headquarters for the super friends called the Tower will be built by J'onn as the Luthors takeover the DEO. I assume we'll see DEO employees Alex and Brainy there sometimes too. I wonder if they will still be working for the DEO by the end of this season?

I should have guessed giving Alex powers would happen eventually; but they have liked keeping her a regular human to contrast with Kara.

If that is actually Alex and not a doppelganger then I doubt it will last long. I don't see them giving Alex powers permanently, especially if there similar to a Kryptonian. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Trini said:

And Supergirl.tv says Helen Slater and the actresses who play Young Kara and Young Alex are coming back; so another flashback episode -- yay!

Not allowing Helen to come back as Supergirl/Superwoman...such a waste!

And I'd love it if Alex became Superwoman and in term the big bad ala Evil Willow. But they already did that with whatshername last season. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

A lot of news today. According to CBR a new headquarters for the super friends called the Tower will be built by J'onn as the Luthors takeover the DEO. I assume we'll see DEO employees Alex and Brainy there sometimes too. I wonder if they will still be working for the DEO by the end of this season?

I get why they need another base of operations, but it just funny because they only just christened the 'Justice League'/'SuperFriends' base in the crossover.

And I'd love it if Alex became Superwoman and in term the big bad ala Evil Willow. But they already did that with whatshername last season. 

I don't know if I'd buy Alex going full on villain but being a greyer, darker superhero (ie more willing to kill) would make sense to me.

• Love 1

On social media there is a video of Chyler Leigh filming at a mall in the superhero costume. She appears to do a super hero landing (so she flies) on a stage that says Rick Starman in concert and it looks like she talks to a reporter. 

ETA: I just noticed Winn is wearing a wedding ring. Will we meet his wife? 

I think we might see the new hangout in the promo pics. If that is it then I hope they spruce it up a bit, because it just looks like an unimpressive abandoned warehouse. 

I read some speculation that Superhero Alex actually might be the result of a merge between Kara and Alex. The costume combines elements of both of their suits and the haircut (and lipstick) is similar to Kara's. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

So the crossover had a precursor to the Hall of Justice and now we might be getting the precursor to the Justice League Watchtower?

Its crazy how there were no nods to Crisis leading up to the event, but now the effects of Crisis are driving most of the storylines.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Trini said:

Yeah, this is a lot of doppelgangers for a show that doesn't usually have them. I like seeing doppelgangers, but yeah. Plus, we know the 100th episode is also going to show us different versions of everyone again.

She's Superwoman, probably? How is the question....

In the comics, Lucy Lane, Lois Lane, and Lana Lang are all non-Kryptonians that have worn the House of El crest and had the title of Superwoman.

Chyler's whole look changes more from a different hair style/wig than anyone else I've ever seen. She makes me believe that the S family glasses disguise could actually work. 

• Love 1

Its believable enough that Alex could disguise her identity by simply wearing a long haired wig and different makeup.  Odette Annable also looked surprisingly different with the Reign make up and mask. Melissa is more instantly recognizable even with that brunette wig she wore one episode last season. 

8 hours ago, Trini said:

Are we sure it's a wedding ring, and not a Legion ring?

It's really hard to tell for sure. It looks small enough to be a wedding ring, but it could also be his Legion ring. He has another ring on his other finger, but that one doesn't look like a Legion ring. So if the one on his right hand is his Legion ring, then the one of his left is a wedding ring.

I forgot about the legion rings. It looks like a wedding ring but I guess it could be a legion ring. 

Another explanation for Super Alex is that Kara ends up in Alex's body but retains her powers. In the video I saw she posed and folded her arms a lot like Kara does. I kinda hope that isn't the case.  I think Kara mostly doing what she normally does in her sisters' body is less interesting then Alex dealing with powers and the stuff that comes with it.

Edited by Oreo2234
1 hour ago, Oreo2234 said:

I forgot about the legion rings. It looks like a wedding ring but I guess it could be a legion ring. 

Another explanation for Super Alex is that Kara ends up in Alex's body but retains her powers. In the video I saw she posed and folded her arms a lot like Kara does. I kinda hope that isn't the case.  I think Kara mostly doing what she normally does in her sisters' body is less interesting then Alex dealing with powers and the stuff that comes with it.

This is for the episode that Melissa is directing .The they also announced that Helen Slater and  Olivia Nikkanen for back for the episode that might be called "The Wonderful Life" so maybe Kara wondering what it would be like with Alex as her hero

• Useful 1

5.12, "Back from the Future, Part 2", synopsis:

BRAINY MUST CHOOSE BETWEEN ALEX AND LEX; JEREMY JORDAN GUEST STARS –

Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) helps Winn (guest star Jeremy Jordan) face his greatest fear.

After Alex (Chyler Leigh) sets out to find evidence against Lex (guest star Jon Cryer), Brainy (Jesse Rath) must decide between helping his friend or continuing to secretly work for Lex.

Alexis Ostrander directed the episode written by Rob Wright &J. Holtham (#512). Original airdate 2/16/2020.

----

I'm glad they're not dragging out this 'Brainy working with Lex in secret' story.

More movie-themed episode titles from SpoilerTV (usually accrate):

Supergirl - Episode 5.14 - The Bodyguard
Supergirl - Episode 5.15 - Reality Bytes
Supergirl - Episode 5.16 - Alex in Wonderland

So 5.16 is when we see Alex in the Super suit?

5.13 synopsis:

"It's a Super Life" -

THOMAS LENNON ("RENO 911") GUEST STARS IN SUPERGIRL'S 100TH EPISODE - Mxyzptlk (guest star Thomas Lennon) returns with a proposition for Kara (Melissa Benoist) - what if she could go back in time and tell Lena (Katie McGrath) her secret before Lex did, would things turn out different? Looking back over key moments throughout the series, Kara must decide if she wants to change history to become friends with Lena again. Familiar faces return in this special episode.

Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Derek Simon & Nicki Holcomb (#513). Original airdate 2/23/2020.

------

Alternate timelines are fun for me, but I feel like I'm going to end up confused again like with the Andrea/Arcata backstory episode, because this show is only so deep for me and the history is not that important.

I am hoping that they got a good number of the previous regular/recurring actors to come back for a cameo. I'd be really disappointed if James, Winn, and Cat Grant don't show up.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

The full set of promo pictures is... boring? Here’s J’onn looking left. Now he’s looking right. Just sitting at a bar, looking at people. I’d rather have fewer photos and have them be really intriguing, hype-making photos than a collection of 10-12 of boring character stills.
</get off my lawn moment>

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, shantown said:

The full set of promo pictures is... boring? Here’s J’onn looking left. Now he’s looking right. Just sitting at a bar, looking at people. I’d rather have fewer photos and have them be really intriguing, hype-making photos than a collection of 10-12 of boring character stills.
</get off my lawn moment>

Maybe it's a boring episode? Because the synopsis isn't that intriguing either. The promo played up Kara and William, but I don't think that will be a big part of the episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I don't like that the 100th episode is apparently more about Kara/Lena then Kara/Alex/J'onn. 

The Kara/Lena relationship is the setup, but the description makes it seem like they’re going to revisit events/storylines that were important to Kara from the past 5 seasons. I’d hope Alex/J’onn are a substantial part of that. And Jeremy Jordan will still be around for the episode. Though the Arrow and Flash 100th episodes ignored things I thought were important to the series, so who knows.

Kara already feels bad that Lena was hurt by this whole thing. I hope this episode doesn’t pile on Kara, but puts some of the onus of this whole mess on Lena too.

• Love 2

Some set photos from the current episode filming (maybe 5x18) show Melissa Benoist (Kara) and Nicole Maines (Dreamer) filming. Apparently Jesse Rath (Brainy) was there too and filmed a scene with Nicole Maines. The set appears to show that the DEO is destroyed. There is a bunch of rubble surrounding the DEO Symbol that is on its floor.

I wonder if this is permanent. Assuming Chyler Leigh is returning what exactly are they going to do with Alex? I don't think anyone wants her in a job where she won't be involved in the action. 

ETA: Update from @ThemysciraBound on twitter. Chyler Leigh (Alex) is now on set. She is not in her uniform and Alex (or Chyler?) has something on her wrist. Looks pretty clunky. 

Edited by Oreo2234
12 hours ago, Trini said:

Photos for 5.13, "It's a Super Life" are out: https://supergirl.tv/supergirl-100th-episode-gallery

I don't think they give a clear picture of the episode; but Winn is still here. I thought he was only going to be in two episodes.

004-sg-season5-episode13.jpg

No, he's going to be around for a bit. After all, it IS his native time period, and these are people he hasn't seen in two years. So I don't blame him for wanting to hang out with them for a little while before going home -- and because he's a time-traveler now, it won't matter how much time he spends in 2020, because he can return to 3020 and arrive just a minute after he left if he wants to, so he'll never even be missed at home!

• Love 1

TVLine  has revealed that Chris Wood is returning as Mon-el for the 100th episode. They also confirmed Sam and Agent Liberty are returning. There are a couple of photos of Mon-el with the group.

Another thing that bothers me about the 100th episode being centred around Lena is that there is no easy way to bring in anything from season one. Lena didn't show up until a few episodes into Season 2. Are they just planning to ignore that season or will they come up with some contrived reason to flashback to season one?

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

TVLine  has revealed that Chris Wood is returning as Mon-el for the 100th episode. They also confirmed Sam and Agent Liberty are returning. There are a couple of photos of Mon-el with the group.

Also interesting is Kelly with some tech/armor/weapon(?). I'm wondering how much of this episode will be 'what if/flashback' and how much is in the present.

11 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Another thing that bothers me about the 100th episode being centred around Lena is that there is no easy way to bring in anything from season one. Lena didn't show up until a few episodes into Season 2. Are they just planning to ignore that season or will they come up with some contrived reason to flashback to season one?

Just my theory, but I haven’t heard anything about Calista Flockhart coming back. If they mostly concentrate on events that occur from season two on, the audience won’t be sitting there wondering why Cat Grant isn’t part of these major moments in the past five years.

I hope they didn’t drag out this Kara/Lena fight just so they use it as the framework for the 100th episode. But hopefully it means we’re going to be done with this storyline soon.

Is Mechad coming back? I know he just left, but as an original cast member it seems like he should make an appearance.

• Love 1

5.14 synopsis:

"The Bodyguard" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

LENA MOVES FORWARD WITH NON NOCERE - Lex (guest star Jon Cryer) tasks Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) with protecting Andrea (Julie Gonzalo) from an anti-tech extremist, but his nefarious purpose goes beyond merely keeping Andrea alive. Meanwhile, Lena (Katie McGrath) moves forward with Non Nocere, with Lex's help.

Gregory Smith directed the episode with story by Lindsay Sturman and teleplay by Emilio Ortega Aldrich & Chandler Smidt (#514). Original airdate 3/8/2020.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:41 PM, BaggythePanther said:

Just my theory, but I haven’t heard anything about Calista Flockhart coming back. If they mostly concentrate on events that occur from season two on, the audience won’t be sitting there wondering why Cat Grant isn’t part of these major moments in the past five years.

As great as Calista was, my gut feeling is that her final "go get 'em, Supergirl" is the best last appearance we could get from her.

• Love 1
On 2/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, MarkHB said:

As great as Calista was, my gut feeling is that her final "go get 'em, Supergirl" is the best last appearance we could get from her.

Yeah.

Granted, she isn't filming anything else right now that I'm aware of, but she doesn't need to and apparently doesn't want to. When she does film, however, her rates start in the six figures.

Meanwhile, Marc Guggenheim noted as a casual aside that the Arrowverse is currently paying - or at least trying to pay - $5000 per guest appearance for 1 - 5 days of shooting. If it's over 5 days of shooting, that would inch up, but still be under $11,000. Presumably that's at least somewhat negotiable, but even "somewhat negotiable" is still well below her usual rates.

Add in that she's on record as preferring Los Angeles to Vancouver, and I don't expect to see her until the series finale, if then.

• Useful 1

5.15, "Reality Bytes", synopsis:

“Reality Bytes” —

DREAMER STEPS UP TO PROTECT HER COMMUNITY AFTER HER ROOMMATE IS VICIOUSLY ATTACKED –

Nia’s (Nicole Maines) roommate, Yvette (guest star Roxy Wood), is attacked by a man targeting Dreamer because he doesn’t like that Dreamer is transgender and wants her to quit being a superhero. Determined to protect her community from additional harm, Dreamer refuses to give into his threats and puts herself in the line of fire to stop him. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) stands by Dreamer and enlists additional help from Brainy (Jesse Rath).

Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh), J’onn (David Harewood) and Kelly (Azie Tesfai) attempt to rescue a man stuck inside a virtual reality escape room.

Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & Jay Faerber (#515). Original airdate 3/15/2020.

----

'Yikes' at how they wrote this description. It sounds like a 'very special episode' - moreso than usual.

But is Nia not being careful with her secret identity? How did her roommate get connected to Dreamer?

Yay, Kelly in a plot!

• Love 2

I like that we are getting a Nia centric episode because she has had so little to do this season. But I am also not looking forward to the very special episode moments.

The Alex, J'onn and Kelly sublot sounds like it could be interesting. I wonder if it will be connected to how Alex ends up as Supergirl in the next episode. Maybe she ends up trapped in a virtual reality. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Trini said:

by a man targeting Dreamer because he doesn’t like that Dreamer is transgender

Aaaahh... did Dreamer ever outs herself as transgender? I know that Nia did at one point, while talking to Jimmy, but did her alter ego did? 

8 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Aaaahh... did Dreamer ever outs herself as transgender? I know that Nia did at one point, while talking to Jimmy, but did her alter ego did? 

Yes; but I've forgotten which episode. Dreamer did an interview with Catco.

How would they know who her roommate is? I know Dreamer came out as transgender but I don't think she revealed her secret identity. 

Here is a link to pictures for episode 5X14 The Bodyguard. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Useful 1

5.16, "Alex in Wonderland", synopsis:

"Alex in Wonderland" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

ALEX TAKES ON A NEW ROLE - Alex (Chyler Leigh) uses a pair of Obsidian contact lenses to visit a virtual National City where she takes on a whole new persona. Meanwhile, Kelly (Azie Tesfai) helps William (Staz Nair) investigate Lex. Kara (Melissa Benoist) deals with difficult news.

Tawnia McKiernan directed the episode with story by Rob Wright and teleplay by Jess Kardos & Mariko Tamaki (#516). Original airdate 3/22/2020.

---

A Kelly and William pairing??

So the theory that Alex becomes Supergirl through virtual reality was correct. Since this is seemingly the A-plot I assume there will be some complication or twist and it won't just be Alex having fun as Supergirl for an episode. 

I saw this posted a little over a week ago:

image.thumb.jpeg.270f73b08aa1761f2616e1dc1b6223c1.jpeg

I didn’t realize David was directing again until I saw this. Since Melissa and Katie are working together I hope this means Kara and Lena have at least made peace. I’m curious if something has happened to Kara’s powers, because why would Kara need to take a bus? I’ll be very disappointed if no one brings up that time Kara told Lena she flew to LCorp, on a bus.

• Useful 1