Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

5.06 synopsis:

"Confidence Women" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

PIECE TOGETHER THE PAST - While a new villain is under arrest at the DEO, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) uses him to try and understand who is responsible for the recent attacks. Meanwhile, Andrea (Julie Gonzalo) and Lena (Katie McGrath) think back on their tumultuous past.

Shannon Kohli directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & Nicki Holcomb (#506). Original airdate 11/10/2019.

5.07 synopsis:

"Tremors" -

SOMETIMES THE PERSON YOU WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR IS STANDING BEHIND THE TRIGGER - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) finally learns the truth about Lena (Katie McGrath) while tangling with Leviathan. J'onn J'onnz (David Harewood) makes a discovery about his brother's whereabouts.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by J. Holtham & Katie Rose Rogers (#507). Original airdate 11/17/2019.

-----

Sounds like this is the episode where everything blows up?

• Love 1
On 10/31/2019 at 8:43 PM, Trini said:

SOMETIMES THE PERSON YOU WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR IS STANDING BEHIND THE TRIGGER

Damn, they came out hard. This would be a great line on a movie poster.

With the way things were going I was starting to think Leviathan wouldn’t be dealt with until the second part of the season (like Red Daughter last year), so I’m glad there will be some movement soon.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

With the way things were going I was starting to think Leviathan wouldn’t be dealt with until the second part of the season (like Red Daughter last year), so I’m glad there will be some movement soon.

I don't remember if they had talked about Leviathan at Comic Con, but when they announced Andrea Rojas, I figured they would probably connect it through her.

Edited by Trini
curses! typos quoted again!
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I don't remember if they had talked about Leviathan at Comic Con, but when they announced Andrea Rojas, I figured they were probably connect it through her.

In the comics I believe Leviathan is usually connected to Talia Al Ghul. I guess Andrea will be the stand in on Supergirl.

11 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

In the comics I believe Leviathan is usually connected to Talia Al Ghul. I guess Andrea will be the stand in on Supergirl.

Taliz has recently lost control of the organization in the comics.  Hopefully the show doesn't go where the comics are heading.

This is kinda spoilery. Apparently they will be filming at a set made up to be National City University. I wonder if it will include flashbacks for Kara and/or Alex or if something is happening there in the present day? 

Edited by Oreo2234

5.08 synopsis:

"The Wrath of Rama Khan" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

MID-SEASON FINALE - Supergirl's (Melissa Benoist) struggle against Leviathan reaches a boiling point as she faces off against Rama Khan (guest star Mitch Pileggi). Meanwhile, as Lena (Katie McGrath) and Hope (Andrea Brooks) work to launch Project Non Nocere, Hope proves to be an invaluable asset to Lena.

Marcus Stokes directed the episode written by Lindsay Struman & Jessica Kardos (#508). Original airdate 12/1/2019.

According to spoiler tv Supergirl's upcoming episode title are:

5x09 - Crisis on Infinite Earths Pt1

5x10 - The Bottle Episode

5x11 - Back from the Future - Part One

5x12 - Back from the Future - Part Two

5x13 - It's A Super Life

I think 5x13 is the 100th episode. The bottle episode title could be a reference to the bottle city of Kandor.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Which episode are they filming now?

If it's 5.13, which might be take on It's a Wonderful Life, it could be an alternate reality/dream sequence. I don't see them having Kara reveal she's Supergirl to the public and having it stick.

• Love 1

Aw, I like seeing alternate realities and characters.

But I don't really have any particular expectations for their 100th. I would like to see some former castmembers make appearances, though.

---

Wait -- isn't her suit in her glasses now? I don't think she's done a shirt rip this whole season yet...

• Love 1
On 12/2/2019 at 9:20 PM, Trini said:

Wait -- isn't her suit in her glasses now? I don't think she's done a shirt rip this whole season yet...

That's a really great catch, actually.... But if she does reveal her secret identity I'm sure Superman will fix it again...

imageproxy.jpg.cf24f728083df6032bd2a1a744df49dc.jpg

(Image source)

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, MarkHB said:

That's a really great catch, actually.... But if she does reveal her secret identity I'm sure Superman will fix it again...

imageproxy.jpg.cf24f728083df6032bd2a1a744df49dc.jpg

(Image source)

To be fair, though, that wasn't just meant to undo an accidental reveal of her secret identity. That was meant to undo an accidental reveal of her existence. For the first two years of Kara's life on Earth, she was supposed to remain completely unknown to the world until Superman felt she had been sufficiently trained in the use of her powers and had become sufficiently acclimated to Earth's culture before she was to go public. And Superman was quite strict about enforcing that particular rule.

7 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

To be fair, though, that wasn't just meant to undo an accidental reveal of her secret identity. That was meant to undo an accidental reveal of her existence. For the first two years of Kara's life on Earth, she was supposed to remain completely unknown to the world until Superman felt she had been sufficiently trained in the use of her powers and had become sufficiently acclimated to Earth's culture before she was to go public. And Superman was quite strict about enforcing that particular rule.

...to the point of mind-wiping an entire town. Still an outstanding piece of superdickery any way you slice it.  (And further comments on this should probably move to Keeping Up with the Kryptonians.)

• Love 1

The previews do make it look like Earth-38 will be starting from scratch.

I think Kara is just doing the shirt rip this time because it’s a quick and easy reveal. It’s weird that she still has her glasses on though.

I like ‘what if’ type episodes. And a shows 100th episode usually tries to include old cast members so it’s a way to work in people who may not otherwise be able to appear. Although I don’t think anyone has died on Supergirl (hopefully everyone makes it out of Crisis) so that’s not something they need to worry about. 

Spoiler

I saw video segments from ET Canada with Melissa Benoist (plus some others) and Nicole Maines.  They confirmed the 100th episode is a take on It's a Wonderful Life, Mr . Mxyzpltk is basically Clarence. Chyler Leigh said you get to see what life would be like if you made different choices, Jesse Rath said its kinda like Supergirl the greatest hits. 

I hope they don't get too overdramatic with it and have everything be over the top terrible because Kara didn't become Supergirl or whatever scenario or scenarios they are gonna go with. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

https://tvline.com/2020/01/02/lucifer-final-season-5-spoilers-deckerstar/

Teasing the impact of the crossover on each of the five shows, <...> Supergirl co-showrunner Robert Rovner shared, “For us, it really resets a lot of what’s happening…. It’s fun to see what happens afterwards”; ...

Don't like the sound of that.

Let me guess; they make it so that Kara tells Lena that's she's Supergirl way sooner, they're BFFs again, making most of Season 5 so far moot, so we (okay *I*) don't have to be mad at Lena's ridiculous overreaction and shady behavior anymore.

I don't think resets are "fun" if it's something that changes the history/canon of the show, especially for viewers who have been invested from the start.

All the showrunners knew that Crisis was coming, so they all had the option of making Fall 2019 a throwaway season, or using the event to make small changes a la Flashpoint bringing Ralph back to life, had they desired to do so. I have to think that whatever they're doing was planned because many of the post Crisis scripts were done before the break.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Agreed. It’s just so lazy ie we can see the plot isn’t working out how we hoped so we’ll just wave it away.

The thing is, if that is what happens (I'm just guessing), it would have been planned that way from the start. Like, "isn't it better that Kara told Lena sooner? otherwise Lena would have enslaved Eve and tried to mindwipe the planet; phew - dodged a bullet there, amirite?"

I can see them using Crisis to fix certain things. I know many people thought that Lena should have been in the know a lot sooner - which I agree with - but I think this approach (again, my speculation) indirectly blames Kara for Lena's over-the-top actions, and I don't like that.

13 hours ago, Trini said:

https://tvline.com/2020/01/02/lucifer-final-season-5-spoilers-deckerstar/

Don't like the sound of that.

Let me guess; they make it so that Kara tells Lena that's she's Supergirl way sooner, they're BFFs again, making most of Season 5 so far moot, so we (okay *I*) don't have to be mad at Lena's ridiculous overreaction and shady behavior anymore.

I don't think resets are "fun" if it's something that changes the history/canon of the show, especially for viewers who have been invested from the start.

Honestly, I didn't necessarily take that quote as saying that they're resetting past stuff...rather, that they're going to be on a merged Earth and that will change the storylines that were set up from the first half of the season. I think the parts that will be reset is simply just storylines that were created this season (so the Leviathan stuff will likely disappear, which is my best guess). 

But I assume that also includes Lena/Kara's fight ending sooner. I'm guessing, with Lex being alive, it'll pave the way to Lena forgiving Kara faster. Which, if this is the case, that's fine with me. I was sick of Lena's path this season, anyway. It's simply not fun to watch, even if it does make some sense for her to be mad for months. 

• Love 1

Understandably vague synopsis for the first post-Crisis episode:

"The Bottle Episode" -

MEAGHAN RATH GUEST STARS - The subsequent complications from the Crisis leave Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) to face a chaotic threat. Tawnia McKiernan directed the episode with story by Derek Simon and teleplay by Nicki Holcomb & Jen Troy (#510). Original airdate 1/19/2020.

Whilst usually I'd say it was a waste and a cheat, I'm all for Lena finding out playing out differently after Crisis. Her "burn the world and still think I'm 100% the good guy" crazy act is beyond frustrating, even though she had the absolute right to feel betrayed. KmG is selling it like crazy but if it doesn't change some how I'm going to end up disappointed Crisis didn't wipe her out completely and I usually love the character. 

Very vague press release but obviously not surprising. "Complications" is probably an understatement, even though we don't know for sure it's a merged Earth.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Oh yeah, I think Lex will be alive/Lena never murdered him post-Crisis. I think they're sticking with Leviathan, though.

Not a huge fan of the Leviathan storyline, especially because it’s a big departure from what they set up at the beginning of the season. How did we get from “technology is bad” to fighting an ancient evil trying to take over the world? I wouldn’t mind if this storyline went away. If the Earths are merged I’m curious if they’ll start using metahuman villains (are alien metahumans a thing?).

I don’t think Lena’s hissy fit will end anytime soon. And if they retcon it so that Lex told Lena, but she never shot him, he can position himself as her only friend and play into her insecurities, which will make everything worse. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

If the Earths are merged I’m curious if they’ll start using metahuman villains (are alien metahumans a thing?).

They already have had metahumans as villains (Livewire, Psi, etc.), so I don't think that will be a significant change. But maybe we'll see some villains from (or associated with) the other shows.

2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

I don’t think Lena’s hissy fit will end anytime soon. And if they retcon it so that Lex told Lena, but she never shot him, he can position himself as her only friend and play into her insecurities, which will make everything worse. 

Please, no! I might almost rather they blink the entire storyline out of existence.

• Love 1

Not a huge fan of the Leviathan storyline, especially because it’s a big departure from what they set up at the beginning of the season. How did we get from “technology is bad” to fighting an ancient evil trying to take over the world? I wouldn’t mind if this storyline went away.

It had the potential to be something cool and different and ended up going in a boring and familiar direction. 

• Love 1

According to TVLine Winn is returning in episode 5X11 , which is the first of two parts. Supergirl will be dealing with a copycat of Toyman when Winn returns from the future. Jeremy Jordan is supposed to appear in three episodes so I assume the third will be the 100th episode. I think he'll probably be in one of the what if? scenarios. 

The Toyman copycat plot feels pretty unimaginative. I think the last truly Winn centred episode featured another version of Toyman too. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

5.11 synopsis:

"Back From the Future - Part One" -

JEREMY JORDAN RETURNS; DAVID HAREWOOD DIRECTS - As Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) tries to thwart a Toyman copycat, Winn Schott (guest star Jeremy Jordan) returns from the future.

David Harewood directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & Katie Rose Rogers (#511). Original airdate 1/26/2020.

--------

Yeah, just because Winn is back doesn't mean Toyman has to be in the plot.

• Love 3

Photos for 5.10, "The Bottle Episode" are out: https://supergirl.tv/the-bottle-episode-gallery

From the photos, it looks like the 'bottle' will be the DEO facility. And Lex Luthor is there??

Nia gets injured, and it seems Brainy thinks he needs to change himself. Credits for the different versions are 'Brainiac-5', 'Earnest Brainy', 'Emo Brainy', and Meaghan Rath as 'Brainy'.

A little disappointed, because when I heard that Meaghan would be guest starring as Brainiac, I thought it would be a subplot rather than a cameo. 😕

011-season5-episode10.jpg

008-season5-episode10.jpg

012-season5-episode10.jpg

002-season5-episode10.jpg

001-season5-episode10.jpg

Edited by Trini
23 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I was hoping the title was a pun and we’d get a plot about the bottle city of Kandor.

I'm not completely ruling it out yet; it'd be a shame to waste that pun!

• Love 2