Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I enjoyed His & Hers so much.  Lacey and Brendan are just perfection together.  The story was different and entertaining and I loved the little callbacks to their other movies together if you listened closely.  There was even a Will Kemp detail that was a fun wink.  I’ll happily watch this one again.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

The previews for next week’s movie. Is the actress the one who was on Full House? Jodi Something. The poor thing …. her hair…what has Hallmark done to it? Ringlets. They are so distracting that I honestly don’t think I can watch the movie. Just me?

I would watch Brennan Elliott and Lacey Chabert in just about anything. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
29 minutes ago, Kemper said:

The previews for next week’s movie. Is the actress the one who was on Full House? Jodi Something. The poor thing …. her hair…what has Hallmark done to it? Ringlets. They are so distracting that I honestly don’t think I can watch the movie. Just me?

I would watch Brennan Elliott and Lacey Chabert in just about anything. 

Seriously!  From the previews, Jodie Sweetin’s wig looks like something left over from Farrah Fawcett impersonators.  It is so bad, so unflattering, and so not current.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Nah. It was a Fall Into Love movie.  There was nothing Christmasy about it. 

You're absolutely right.... nothing Christmasy at all. Weird but I could have sworn that's what I heard.

So, are you saying it was a 1st run?

So glad to see comments on the Lawyers movie!  I missed the Will Kemp reference -- Whereabouts is it, for when I watch it again ?

Enjoyed this, really enjoyed their relationship.  Having worked for family lawyers for a lot of years, I did wince at the plot a few times.  What ??   You can't do that!!  I did  answer a call years ago from a potential client whose first question was "Do you go for the jugular?"   I hadn't anticipated the twist at the very end, so that was fun.  

But even more important - Will Kemp?   

18 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

he story was different and entertaining and I loved the little callbacks to their other movies together if you listened closely.  There was even a Will Kemp detail that was a fun wink.

12 hours ago, Chippings said:

I missed the Will Kemp reference -- Whereabouts is it, for when I watch it again ?

These are the callbacks that I caught:

1. When Dana (Lacey) and Mark (Brennan) were talking about different plans for the future he said he'd buy her a pet goat and she said she loved goats. - All of my Heart series (Lacey and Brennan)

2. Dana's was sitting at a desk working on a crossword puzzle. - Crossword Mysteries (Lacey and Brennan)

3. Dana's background check results show that she had been married previously and her husband's name is Will Kemp. - Numerous movies with Lacey and Will

What did I miss?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

OK, was Will Kemp's name perhaps on the document?  Because I knew of the joke before watching the movie, which I really liked, and specifically listened for it, but don't recall hearing his name when they were discussing it.

(edited)

I only half watched His & Hers because they were such a cute couple, I was afraid we'd get some version of misunderstanding / falling out / assume the absolute worst and leave town immediately storyline. So glad they didn't go that route!  I'll watch again (and keep an ear out for the Will Kemp name drop!)

I rarely am bothered by or even notice the actors hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. but I was so distracted by Autumn Reeser's character's hair in Junebug.  I've watched it twice and that's all I see - which is a shame because I enjoyed the movie otherwise.  

Edited by GeorgiaRai
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, bankerchick said:

OK, was Will Kemp's name perhaps on the document?  Because I knew of the joke before watching the movie, which I really liked, and specifically listened for it, but don't recall hearing his name when they were discussing it.

Yep!  It was on the document for the annulment as her husband‘s name.

• Like 2
(edited)

I too thought it was going to have a Christmas storyline mixed in somewhere ,nothing there at all . Maybe I've seen too many of the Hallmark movies, I could predict the scam from the get go, the two leads deserve better writing. I will give props to the two leads, they have tons of chemistry and I did like the ending having  them together ,in their own practice and the baby on the way.:).  I don't remember Will Kemp's name spoken, just that the name was seen on the document,and that Dana had never to Mark she had been married,lol although Dana had the marriage annulled the next day. Then Dana was asking Mark about his being in jail one time,lol which he told her it was for a couple of hours due to him being illegally parked,lol???   I could have sworn it was mentioned right before the movie started,  that the movie was part of the  Christmas in July movies. 

Edited by One4Sorrow2TooBad
On 9/9/2024 at 4:35 AM, Kemper said:

It's a Brain Power Studio movie, they tend to be on the cheaper side, and yes, it's very cheap, with that wig, weird Wish-bought paper decorations everywhere in the farm, and a script that feels like a first draft.

I've got a soft spot for Jodie, but most of her HM-type movies are quite weak.

On another note, I didn't care much for the Lemon Drops movie. I'm all for the alternate realities gimmick à la It's a Wonderful Life, but this one just didn't work for me : the romance fell flat, the Lemon Drops gimmick was... weird, and something was just missing. Oh, well.

Edited by Kaoteek
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
41 minutes ago, Kaoteek said:

On another note, I didn't care much for the Lemon Drops movie. I'm all for the alternate realities gimmick à la It's a Wonderful Life, but this one just didn't work for me : the romance fell flat, the Lemon Drops gimmick was... weird, and something just fell flat. Oh, well.

For me, what was flat was Ian Harding, the romantic lead actor.  I find him to be too robotic in his way of speaking and moving.  Lyndsy is always delightful -- natural and warm.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

For me, what was flat was Ian Harding, the romantic lead actor.  I find him to be too robotic in his way of speaking and moving.

I'm not sure I'd say he was 'too robotic' but I was disappointed.  I loved, loved, loved him in Ghost of Christmas Always and didn't know why he wasn't used more often.  He did nothing for me in this movie (and looked like a totally different guy in some scenes - maybe that was the robot? 😉)  I think I'll watch Ghost of Christmas Always again today though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bankerchick said:

I'm not sure I'd say he was 'too robotic' but I was disappointed.  I loved, loved, loved him in Ghost of Christmas Always and didn't know why he wasn't used more often.  He did nothing for me in this movie (and looked like a totally different guy in some scenes - maybe that was the robot? 😉)  I think I'll watch Ghost of Christmas Always again today though.

I forgot about Ghosts of Christmas Always -- I loved that movie too.  Kim Matula and the "sidekicks" were great.  It's funny -- I have zero memory of Ian at all in GOCA.  So I'll amend my comment to say that I thought he seemed too robotic just in the Lemon Drops movie.  I didn't see Pretty Little Liars but gather he was quite the crush in that show.  He is mighty cute, but just stiff.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Kaoteek said:

On another note, I didn't care much for the Lemon Drops movie. I'm all for the alternate realities gimmick à la It's a Wonderful Life, but this one just didn't work for me : the romance fell flat, the Lemon Drops gimmick was... weird, and something was just missing. Oh, well.

As I posted here before, I thought it was ridiculous that the lemon drops - which were her mother’s  (!!!) - would still be edible after decades. 

• LOL 3
On 9/8/2024 at 10:35 PM, Kemper said:

It is a very bad wig. Like, I'm positive Jodi could've found a better one on Temu, that's how bad it is. I would lay out my own money for a better wig cuz ain't no way you gonna film me in 4k in that hot mess express. 

I like Jodi too, so this is coming from a place of love but Jodi, gurl. HUNNI. Walk away from the surgeon's scalpel. Find a great dermatologist, invest in all the creams, and please just wash your face every night and moisturize to the gods. We don't expect you to still look Tanner young, I promise. I am begging you from my soul. 🙏🏽

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2024 at 11:09 PM, ECM1231 said:

You're absolutely right.... nothing Christmasy at all. Weird but I could have sworn that's what I heard.

They definitely mentioned it being a Christmas in July movie before the movie. My sister and I figured someone hit a wrong button somewhere as none of the previews had mentioned it, plus it not being July. :-)

re: Jodi Sweetin in tonight's movie - not exaggerating, I absolutely did not recognize her from the preview, just felt sorry for the new actress being subjected to such terrible, awful, no-good hair.  Between that and the makeup, she's unrecognizable.  New low bar has been set.

Edited by JenMD
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/14/2024 at 11:14 AM, Badsamaritan said:

It is a very bad wig. Like, I'm positive Jodi could've found a better one on Temu, that's how bad it is. I would lay out my own money for a better wig cuz ain't no way you gonna film me in 4k in that hot mess express. 

I like Jodi too, so this is coming from a place of love but Jodi, gurl. HUNNI. Walk away from the surgeon's scalpel. Find a great dermatologist, invest in all the creams, and please just wash your face every night and moisturize to the gods. We don't expect you to still look Tanner young, I promise. I am begging you from my soul. 🙏🏽

I kept hoping the bad wig was part of the plot.... it would disappear because she couldn't go to her fancy hair dresser or something and had to get a new hair style from a Greenville location. But once it became clear, that wasn't happening, I just kept fixating on how bad it was. The clothing choices for the characters were only slightly less horrible than the wig was. 

And yes, Jodi needs to step away from the plastic surgeon. What ever she had done to her eyes has made her look almost crosseyed and somehow her nose looks larger? 

As for the movie it's self.... other than the fact it was a cross between that old Paris Hilton/Nicole Ritchey show and a bad pre teen novel, it wasn't aa bad as it could be, I guess. At least Jodi's character wasn't a total snotty pampered idiot, she did seem to try to make the best of the situation and help get herself a new life. The evil Dottie stuff got old fast, but it was a minor annoyance. Jodi and the male lead had decent chemistry and the whole cast were decent enough actors. Plus.... a pig! 

• Like 2

Yeah.  The movie last night was very Hallmark but veered towards the light-hearted, comforting kind of Hallmark over the annoying kind of Hallmark.  Still mostly background noise but enjoyable background noise.  But I've mostly like Jodie in these movies and find Corey Sevier to be pretty reliable as a lead. 

I even expected a twist to Evil Dottie too.

My only quibble is that for a woman that rich and not utterly stupid, her fortune wouldn't have been tied to crypto the way it was nor would she not know that her portfolio had Apple in it.  It still may have been unrealistic but it might have worked better for her to have been a victim of a Ponzi scheme and then they discover her aunt had the Apple portfolio.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 2
On 9/13/2024 at 12:20 AM, norcalgal said:

As I posted here before, I thought it was ridiculous that the lemon drops - which were her mother’s  (!!!) - would still be edible after decades. 

But magic lemon drops don't ever go stale! I'm pretty sure that what gave them  power also kept them super fresh & tasty!!😉

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8

Lemon Drops has actually been my favorite of the recent releases.  It vaguely reminded me of a book that I love - The Midnight Library.  And yes, I assume magic lemon drops contains some kind of fairy dust that keeps them from going stale; seems a small thing compared to transporting you to various alternate realties. 

I skipped The Heiress and the Handyman last night based on the commercials.  I may give it a try now, considering the comments here.  I tried to watch another Jodie movie on GAC (Love's Second Act) but it was... not good.  I bailed during the first hour.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Lemon Drops has actually been my favorite of the recent releases.  It vaguely reminded me of a book that I love - The Midnight Library.  And yes, I assume magic lemon drops contains some kind of fairy dust that keeps them from going stale; seems a small thing compared to transporting you to various alternate realties. 

I skipped The Heiress and the Handyman last night based on the commercials.  I may give it a try now, considering the comments here.  I tried to watch another Jodie movie on GAC (Love's Second Act) but it was... not good.  I bailed during the first hour.

Yes, Love’s Second Act was a bit boring, but Jodie’s hair looked so much better in this movie! I just couldn’t take that hair in The H and the H!

• Like 1