Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Why does Hallmark keep casting these women with the irritating vocal fry and/or little girl voices?  There is no way I can listen to that.  Tonight's movie was not the first I turned off after a few minutes of cringing.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

OMG, the guy who plays the dad was the voice of the beast in the original animated The Beauty and The Beast. 

Ha! Or as someone my age calls him: "Robby Benson".  I *thought he looked familiar.

I only tuned in because I was a fan of the never-happened Lexi/Ethan pairing on General Hospital.  But good news for those who loathe Nate Parsons: 

The climactic clinch was a long shot, with the two leads in shadowed profile.  Apparently the d.p. didn't like either one of them: she was arching away from him, and he looked like he had a beer gut.

Edited by voiceover
Stupid auto-correct
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I lasted prior to obnoxious ex boyfriend showing up (and I like Nathan Parsons so was willing to give it a chance) but the lead actress was terrible and I couldn’t stand another minute. Plus I was already irritated that she was going to brand herself as a New Englander when she was from Texas. Did she think that nobody would figure it out with her face plastered everywhere and social media likely outing her? Just blah. Glad I DVRed Summer Villa earlier so I can get my weekly Hallmark movie fix in somehow.

• Love 7

I also turned off A Feeling of Home, I made it to the point when the lead started getting the vapors over fixing her 'leak' that she was from Texas.

I thought the lead actress was playing a combo of every successful Hallmark leading actress very well. Her facial expressions, tone, and cadence was a good imitation of the best leading ladies.

The story was awful. Almost none of it made much sense. 1. Dad was so hurt she had to come home, but was working. 2. She grew up on the ranch but didn't know how to dress for the ranch or carry out basic tasks. 3. Th old boyfriend was not played like a Hallmark old flame, the actor or director had him be an unlikable douche.

The actress obviously worked hard and was let down by the writers, director, and actor playing the love interest.

• Love 2

Hmm. I wanted to watch this movie because I was curious to see Jonna Walsh, who’s married to a singer I like a lot, Lee DeWyze of American Idol fame (the only season I watched after the first). But I’m not sure I want to waste my time now: I’ve come to trust your impressions. Well, I’ll leave it on the DVR a bit, and if I’m bored check it out. If not, I’ll delete it when I need the room. Dissapointing.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, voiceover said:

Ha! Or as someone my age calls him: "Robby Benson".  I *thought he looked familiar.

Heh.  I forgot he was in the promo.  Hopefully he had a good enough time he do another one, haven't seen him in anything in ages.  I do like when they depart from the usual crop of Canadian moms and dads and bring us someone different.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, kirinan said:

Hmm. I wanted to watch this movie because I was curious to see Jonna Walsh, who’s married to a singer I like a lot, Lee DeWyze of American Idol fame (the only season I watched after the first). But I’m not sure I want to waste my time now: I’ve come to trust your impressions. Well, I’ll leave it on the DVR a bit, and if I’m bored check it out. If not, I’ll delete it when I need the room. Dissapointing.

The first 10 minutes I wanted to be a you tube/instagram influencer, it goes downhill fast after that.

Mostly unrealted:  a younger lawyer at the office said snapchat isn't for cybersex anymore, it is for sending your friends fun videos or rants, because they go away in a day.

A Feeling of Home was just awful.  The acting was D-grade and that includes Robby Benson.  He creeped me out.  The Texas cowboy accent on the lead actor was a joke -- I'm from Texas and that growly, overly country-fied accent was so cliché.  I thought the lead actress was annoying -- didn't care for her or root for her one bit.

• Love 3

I turned it of about 30 minutes in for pretty much all the reasons that have been mentioned. I found the lead actress so bland. She did not have any charisma at all. 

12 hours ago, voiceover said:

I only tuned in because I was a fan of the never-happened Lexi/Ethan pairing on General Hospital.

I thought I was the only Ethina fan around. Nice to see another. I may still be bitter that pairing never happened.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought I was the only Ethina fan around. Nice to see another. I may still be bitter that pairing never happened.

Yeah, join me over here in the Bitter Booth.

And even though he sucked in this one, it gave me hope that Lexi might pop up opposite him in one of the Christmas movies.  They could play themselves!  And how she was Too Young but now she's Just Right.

*apologies: should be Kristina/Ethan; Lexi is her portrayer.  I do understand that there's a difference😬

• Love 3

Gave this movie 15 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.  I mean can't they hire actors without vocal issues.  Lead actress---vocal fry.  Lead actor--marbles in his mouth.  I thought maybe marble mouth was just for his horrid character on GH, but I guess it's his actual speaking voice.

• Love 4

With regard to the Texas movie, I didn’t enjoy it but didn’t think it was as awful as all y’all do. We all find different things that annoy and for me it was those damn pearls!  We get it, classy women wear pearls! Snooty North easterners are soooooooo refined unlike us backwards western folk. The rest of her wardrobe was awful.  I haven’t spent much time in Texas but have on ranches in Wyoming and Idaho and she looked ridiculous.  I don’t care how long you’ve been away, if you were raised on a ranch you’d know better.

• Love 3

I went to bed after 30 minutes - did they explain how long it had been since she’s talked to her father? Or why exactly her mother “heard” from a random stranger that her ex-husband needed help? I guess bc he’s too stubborn to ask, but honestly didn’t look that injured to me. Or why the father was so rude to his daughter? I get that he wanted a ranch-loving daughter, but he married some rich new Englander at some point so it’s not like he doesn’t at least “like” northeasterners. 

But yes, how dumb to ignore the fact that her past would be outed in a millisecond.

• Love 3

Her best friend was stunning too and looked like a model. 

heh-- it was bugging me that her friend looked familiar and I couldn't place her-- she was Doreah-- a servant of Dany Targarean. 

3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

heh-- it was bugging me that her friend looked familiar and I couldn't place her-- she was Doreah-- a servant of Dany Targarean

I wasn't sure what that meant... but after a bit of searching, it seems she is/was on Game of Thrones.  Also, according to IMDB, she will be starring in a Christmas movie this year,  currently titled Picture Perfect Christmas. which looks like it's probably another royal-related Hallmark movie.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:07 AM, mikeb said:

I found this page where they have been announcing details about upcoming 2019 Christmas movies.  https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/the-latest-news?et_cid=119252&et_rid=27267004&linkid=https%3a%2f%2fwww.hallmarkchannel.com%2fchristmas%2fthe-latest-news

Andrew Walker is going to be starring in one with Jodie Sweetin, which is not a pairing I would have expected (also don't see her as a CEO of a candy cane company).

A candy cane company?  Really?  Are there actually companies who only make candy canes and no other sweets?  Good grief, please come up with a new concept.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Was there a different actress playing Meghan on the Hailey Dean mystery?  Fincher's girlfriend?

I was curious too but can’t find the full cast for this Prescription for Murder / Hailey Dean movie.  I wanted to know who some of the other cast members were too like the CEO.  Nothing on imdb.

(edited)

The character used to be played by Alvina August, now by Caitlin Stryker?

3 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I was curious too but can’t find the full cast for this Prescription for Murder / Hailey Dean movie.  I wanted to know who some of the other cast members were too like the CEO.  Nothing on imdb.

https://www.crownmediapress.com/Shows?SiteID=143&NodeID=307&ShowIndex=H
On each movie page there's a 'Credit Sheet' link. Probably not the most comprehensive list but better than nothing. :)

- Direct link to 'A Prescription for Murder' cast list. http://awsprxdam.crownmediadev.com.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/highRes/3119230.pdf

Edited by sum
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Was there a different actress playing Meghan on the Hailey Dean mystery?  Fincher's girlfriend?

I just watched the 2nd new Hailey Dean movie & wondered why there were no comments on either movie. Your comment was the first. I'm guessing everybody was just as bored as I was. I didn't even notice there was a different actress.

I noticed something interesting late last night. They've stopped showing movies 24/7 over the weekend on the Hallmark Channel. For months, they've had the movies on straight from 2 p.m. Friday through 11 p.m. on Sunday, but now at 11 p.m. they're showing Golden Girls, followed by Frasier.

I wonder if movie fatigue is setting in among viewers, since they're showing the same few movies over and over and over again. I know that's bothered me, so I've been watching less in the evenings and on weekends. Maybe I'm not alone?

• Love 5

Watched Love at the Shore on rerun while recovering from a pool event today. 

Three thoughts: 1. Amanda and Peter were pretty good, her character was a little over bitchy at first but not too bad. 2. Happy the Dog should be in every hallmark (or the rescue cat) 3. The plot was okay but the setting was great, the beach houses were awesome (someone on IMDB says it wasn't Savannah, maybe Kitty Hawk or Corella, NC)

• Love 3
9 hours ago, kirinan said:

I noticed something interesting late last night. They've stopped showing movies 24/7 over the weekend on the Hallmark Channel. For months, they've had the movies on straight from 2 p.m. Friday through 11 p.m. on Sunday, but now at 11 p.m. they're showing Golden Girls, followed by Frasier.

I wonder if movie fatigue is setting in among viewers, since they're showing the same few movies over and over and over again. I know that's bothered me, so I've been watching less in the evenings and on weekends. Maybe I'm not alone?

I recall hallmark stopped gg reruns during the day...ratings dropped so they were reinstated

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Sailing into Love - ugh, that woman's voice is like fingernails on a blackboard.  It was like listening to a preschooler.

Same stupid hairstyles, same stupid story.  I couldn't finish it despite the fact that I dearly love that area of BC.

Hallmark really needs to get some new writers.  You can't keep telling and same story just change the location to try to make us think it's different.  It's not. We are not idiots.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Sailing into Love - ugh, that woman's voice is like fingernails on a blackboard.  It was like listening to a preschooler.

Same stupid hairstyles, same stupid story.  I couldn't finish it despite the fact that I dearly love that area of BC.

Hallmark really needs to get some new writers.  You can't keep telling and same story just change the location to try to make us think it's different.  It's not. We are not idiots.

Yes, her voice was very annoying.  I managed to watch until the class (it was hard to believe the lead actress was some sort of science teacher!) showed up to the boat and she got her journal back.  It also annoyed me that the lead male refused to apologize for his part in the collision the day before.  A simple, gracious apology, at the very least, is just decent manners... his adamant refusal made him seem like a jerk to me.  At that point I decided I'd had enough anyway.  Did anybody watch the whole thing?  Did it ever get better? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

This. I turned the movie off about 20 minutes in because I was bored and the woman's voice drove me insane. I knew I could not watch the whole movie listening to that voice. 

On a purely shallow note, the male lead was very nice to look at.

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, AnnaRose said:

Did anybody watch the whole thing?  Did it ever get better? 

Only marginally. He actually seemed kind of charming by the end, but it might have only been because anyone would have better than the lead woman (I refuse to call her an actress, because she can’t act AT ALL). And she’s yet another bland young blonde. Does Hallmark have a supply in a warehouse somewhere that they keep pulling from?

However, the scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I’d love to know where it was filmed.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 5

It's a plot.  They're infantilizing women, with all the bland blond actresses with baby voices.

Considering their audience must be almost all women, are they trying to make us see this as the ideal of being a woman?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

On a purely shallow note, the male lead was very nice to look at.

He was.  Him and the scenery got me to watch almost 3/4ths of the movie (while reading a book-I knew early I wouldn't be able to stand giving it my full attention.) 

But at about the hour mark, every negative about the movie started to grate.  I started to really notice her voice.  And there was a misunderstanding that was just insane.  Her ex told her that her current love interest hadn't said no (just hadn't said no, not even agreed) to charter some of the bigwigs who wanted to visit the island to buy it.  Never mind that whether or not he chartered these people had little to zero impact on whether or not these people would invest.  And, as a bonus, he might earn enough money to buy his boat outright even if the sale didn't go forward. 

But she gets mad at him for the fact that he didn't outright say no (again, there's no reason to think he was going to say yes).  However, instead of telling him why she's mad, she gives him the cold shoulder at a wedding she invited him to.  He keeps asking her what's wrong and if he did anything and she refuses to say. The conversation went something like this:

Him: Is something wrong?
Her: I can't believe you're such a heartless cur.
Him:  What did I do?
Her:  I thought we were on the same page about this but clearly your priorities are wack.
Him: Same page about what?
Her:  You know.
Him: I really don't.
Her:  Well---(and then they're interrupted by someone on a microphone)

To the movie's credit (except no, how could I forgive the previous conversation?) it only lasted five minutes but it was perhaps the most painful five minutes of misunderstanding in a Hallmark film and that's saying something.  Eventually, I hit the FF button.  This movie could have been one of their June weddings because there were three weddings and then they (spoiler alert) got married on the yacht at the end.  Speaking of the sailboat, it kept cracking me up how they tried to make it look like it was going faster by having the camera swirl around the boat.

Speaking of the upcoming June Weddings marathon, the movies have been released and I have to say, some of the casting leaves me quite intrigued.

Here's a preview.

We have another movie with POC leads. IIRC, Cornelius Smith Jr. was in a Christmas movie and I didn't love him but hopefully this is better.

In another movie, Rachel Boston and Paul Campbell are pairing up.  I think they'll be a good duo.

Scott Michael Foster (Greek and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) and Laura Osnes (a lot of Broadway) are going to be in another movie.  I think they're Hallmark newbies and I actually like both of them.

All in all, the casting at least seems to be more promising than whatever event we're having now (spring fling?)  However, since we know they all end in rushed weddings unless they're sequels, I'm sure I'll revisit that opinion.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

In another movie, Rachel Boston and Paul Campbell are pairing up.  I think they'll be a good duo.

The turn-around on these movies is really quick -  Rachel posted on instagram that yesterday was Paul's last day of filming and the movie is scheduled to air June 22.  She has been posting some fun behind-the-scene videos on instagram where they are pretending to be a cover band of a Foreigner cover band.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, kirinan said:

However, the scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I’d love to know where it was filmed.

Vancouver area.  The lighthouse is in Victoria.  It's a gorgeous area,

I have sailed there many times which is why I started to watch. But just could not finish, the story was so stupid and the screeching, little girl voice was like a pin in my ear.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Scott Michael Foster (Greek and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) and Laura Osnes (a lot of Broadway) are going to be in another movie.  I think they're Hallmark newbies and I actually like both of them.

OMG, I just gasped out loud.  I love them both so I am there with bells on.  And I get singing to boot?  It;'s like Christmas!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I looked up the writers...one was the creator of Major Dad...also wrote Simon and Simon....the other writer wrote a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie called Christmas Everlasting.  It isn't the writers, but Hallmarks rigid rules that are the problem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

...one was the creator of Major Dad...also wrote Simon and Simon...

Holy cow, how old must he be?  Just wondering.

31 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

It isn't the writers, but Hallmarks rigid rules that are the problem.

I'm sure the Hallmark framework is restrictive but the constant recycling of the same story over and over is tiresome.  The One Big Happy Ending gets old - everything all fluffy and bright and all conflicts solved in the last 5 minutes ending in a big old smooch.  I don't expect murder and mayhem but at least do something different once in a while.

• Love 4
(edited)

I refused to watch the movie because I remember the actress having a terrible voice, though I did like one of her other movies (Love By the Book) because I liked the lead and storyline despite her baby voice. The past few movies have been such duds after some decent ones in April. This is what hallmark gets for watering down their quality.

The lead in last night’s movie was good in Julie Gonzago’s movie The Sweetest Heart, but I never caught the movie where he fell in love with a princess (was it a winter movie?). 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

Okay, granted.  I don't watch a whole lot of Hallmark movies other than the Mystery ones.  But I do watch a few.  Today there was one with two really leaden actors/actresses.  I don't remember the title but she played a budding lifestyle/cooking expert who promoted herself as being from New England (she was actually from Texas, I think).  

Her father lived on a ranch and was either injured or sick; didn't see that part.  So she went back to Texas temporarily to care for him.  And yes, we all know where this is heading.  I will admit her hair was nice...not the usual fat sausage curls hanging over each shoulder; it was a long-ish bob.  She was very pretty, he was Hallmark vanilla (although nice looking).  But they were both incredibly wooden and boring; almost comically bad; maybe some of the worst I have seen on this channel.  

I am sorry if maybe I just wasn't in the mood for a "pat" romance - they do have their place in our lives.  And if this has been discussed - again, sorry.  I guess I missed it; or maybe because the plots and titles all run together - resulting in my not knowing which movie was being talked about.  If the consensus was that the movie was fun/good/leads were charming...I will blame myself for missing something and then grousing about it.

• Love 4
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Okay, granted.  I don't watch a whole lot of Hallmark movies other than the Mystery ones.  But I do watch a few.  Today there was one with two really leaden actors/actresses.  I don't remember the title but she played a budding lifestyle/cooking expert who promoted herself as being from New England (she was actually from Texas, I think).  

Her father lived on a ranch and was either injured or sick; didn't see that part.  So she went back to Texas temporarily to care for him.  And yes, we all know where this is heading.  I will admit her hair was nice...not the usual fat sausage curls hanging over each shoulder; it was a long-ish bob.  She was very pretty, he was Hallmark vanilla (although nice looking).  But they were both incredibly wooden and boring; almost comically bad; maybe some of the worst I have seen on this channel.  

I am sorry if maybe I just wasn't in the mood for a "pat" romance - they do have their place in our lives.  And if this has been discussed - again, sorry.  I guess I missed it; or maybe because the plots and titles all run together - resulting in my not knowing which movie was being talked about.  If the consensus was that the movie was fun/good/leads were charming...I will blame myself for missing something and then grousing about it.

The movie you're describing was last Saturday's (May 11th) premiere, called A Feeling of Home.  

It seemed that most people did not like it, based on what I read on social media and here.   So you're not alone.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

It wasn't you.  It was the terrible movie.  I think you are only the second or third person who posts here who actually managed to make it all the way through A Feeling of Home.  I think I bailed after about 20 or 30 minutes. 

I couldn't take much of last night's new Hallmark movie Sailing into Love, either.  That one was intolerable largely due to the poor acting and grating voice of the lead actress - you'll probably want to pass on it if you value your eardrums. 

I watched a recent airing of 2016's Summer Love starring Rachael Leigh Cook and mostly enjoyed it even though the story had some serious problems:  1) People making a huge deal out of Rachael's character's age, including the receptionist at her new workplace who looked older than Rachael, which made her attitude laughable.  2) Her new boss/potential love interest behaving very inappropriately.  3) Not spending enough time with the man who ends up being The One, so that the end felt somewhat unearned. 

There were other issues too... but in spite of all of that, I rather enjoyed it due to Rachael and the rest of the cast.  The plot was a little more interesting too, despite being completely implausible.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, AnnaRose said:

It wasn't you.  It was the terrible movie.  I think you are only the second or third person who posts here who actually managed to make it all the way through A Feeling of Home.  I think I bailed after about 20 or 30 minutes. 

I couldn't take much of last night's new Hallmark movie Sailing into Love, either.  That one was intolerable largely due to the poor acting and grating voice of the lead actress - you'll probably want to pass on it if you value your eardrums. 

I watched a recent airing of 2016's Summer Love starring Rachael Leigh Cook and mostly enjoyed it even though the story had some serious problems:  1) People making a huge deal out of Rachael's character's age, including the receptionist at her new workplace who looked older than Rachael, which made her attitude laughable.  2) Her new boss/potential love interest behaving very inappropriately.  3) Not spending enough time with the man who ends up being The One, so that the romantic ending felt somewhat unearned. 

There were other issues too... but in spite of all of that, I rather enjoyed it due to Rachael and the rest of the cast.  The plot was a little more interesting too, despite being completely implausible.

What on earth has the Hallmark hair and makeup department done to Lauren Holly?  She is a lovely woman, not an ingenue.  For that matter, neither is Kellie Martin; but that is another story.

Why couldn't Ms. Holly's hair have been in an updo? (which would have looked fabulous) Why was her eye makeup horrible?  Her clothes seemed fine.    

• Love 3
21 hours ago, JenMD said:
On 5/19/2019 at 12:47 AM, Irlandesa said:

OMG, I just gasped out loud.  I love them both so I am there with bells on.  And I get singing to boot?  It;'s like Christmas!

Fun fact: Laura’s husband photographed my wedding. So excited to see her on Hallmark!

• Love 3
On May 12, 2019 at 1:12 AM, treeofdreams said:

Why does Hallmark keep casting these women with the irritating vocal fry and/or little girl voices?  There is no way I can listen to that.  Tonight's movie was not the first I turned off after a few minutes of cringing.

On May 18, 2019 at 10:41 PM, Kohola3 said:

Two weeks in a row of women whose voices hurt my ears.  Hallmark please STOP!!!!  I think that the new movie every week has made Hallmark scrape the bottom of the barrel for women to cast as leads.  I'd rather watch a new movie ever-other week and have it be watchable (listenable).

• Love 6

It looks like Hilarie Burton may be done with Hallmark for the foreseeable future.  She made a Christmas movie for Lifetime last year and is currently filming another one for them for this Christmas.  Someone on her Instagram asked whether she had plans to make any more Hallmark movies and she responded 'Just @lifetimetv ! They’re awesome to work with.'

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, mikeb said:

It looks like Hilarie Burton may be done with Hallmark for the foreseeable future.  She made a Christmas movie for Lifetime last year and is currently filming another one for them for this Christmas.  Someone on her Instagram asked whether she had plans to make any more Hallmark movies and she responded 'Just @lifetimetv ! They’re awesome to work with.'

Well, maybe she got the memo that you need to be a baby-voiced, bland blond or brunette with wavy curls and minimal acting skills in order to star in Hallmark movies.  I cannot say enough that I am OVER this trend. 

Edited to add:  perhaps not coincidentally, Hilarie’s movie “Summer Villa” is on Hallmark right now.  It is so good and she’s the right balance of everything, if you ask me.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 7

I saw that comment that Hilarie Burton made on Instagram.   While I don't know if she has any idea what she is doing in 2020 (unless Lifetime signed her to a contract), I think that she is definitely more comfortable with Lifetime at the moment.  

She has also said that she is very picky about which offers she accepts, and she prefers to work with friends.    Lifetime keeps giving her projects to do in which she can work with her actor friends and/or former co-stars, and she seems to like that.

However, some of Hilarie's friends (Megan Park, Torrey DeVitto, Bethany Joy Lenz, Victor Webster, Shantel VanSanten, etc.,) have done Hallmark movies since Hilarie's last Hallmark movie, Summer Villa (which I love), so maybe she will be lured back at some point down the road. 

Hilarie's husband, Jeffrey Dean Morgan,, said in an interview a couple of years back that she does one movie per year.     So I think that the "one movie per year" thing also plays (or played) a big role in what Hilarie agrees to do and when she agrees to do it.   Lifetime gets to her with the right projects at the right time, I suppose.

But... who knows?  Maybe she clashed with someone at Hallmark during her last movie shoot and that has kept her away.   I actually like Hilarie's Hallmark Christmas movie Naughty or Nice much better than I like her Christmas movies for Lifetime, and I would love to see her come back and do something for them again someday -- something that fits her, and not just any random movie.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

The new Mystery 101 movie being filmed has shown up on the Hallmark movies wikipedia page schedule.  It lists a June 23 air date.  There is still a gap after that until the next new HMM movie on September 15 caused by the cancellation of the Garage Sale Mysteries.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Maybe she clashed with someone at Hallmark during her last movie shoot and that has kept her away.

Maybe she realized what horrible dreck Hallmark movies have become and has decided to cut ties with the losers.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, mikeb said:

The new Mystery 101 movie being filmed has shown up on the Hallmark movies wikipedia page schedule.  It lists a June 23 air date.  There is still a gap after that until the next new HMM movie on September 15 caused by the cancellation of the Garage Sale Mysteries.

It's done filming.   It was on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel website with a date last week, and a commercial for it ran a couple of nights ago.    Two more Mystery 101 movies are supposed to film very soon (or that was the original plan, at least, according to someone who is involved with production -- don't know if it's still happening).

Hallmark is slowly filling the gap somewhat after their Gold Crown Christmas event ends.   Another Chronicle Mysteries movie is shooting right now.  Another Darrow & Darrow movie is filming very soon.  A sequel to J.L. Family Ranch (or JL Ranch, depending on where you look) with Jon Voight, James Caan, Bo Derek, Trevor Donovan and Teri Polo has been filmed as well.

Lacey Chabert and Brennan Elliott were supposed to be shooting 3 Crossword Mysteries movies back-to-back, starting this month or next month.  But suddenly Lacey was sent off to Romania and Rome to film her upcoming Christmas in Rome movie, and I don't know if that is going to delay her Crossword shoots.   

• Love 4