Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Fresh Meat

Toby's new position in the Rosewood police department was supposed to give the PLLs an upper hand on finally closing the door to Ali/A's game. But when a surprising bit of evidence shows up, Toby is put in a difficult position with his job and with Spencer. Not one to trust the police or evidence "surprisingly" showing up, Spencer tries to convince Toby to stray from his moral gut reaction, which puts stress on their relationship. Meanwhile, Emily and Aria take drastic measures to keep control of situations that are out of their hands and that could affect their future.

I'm tentatively intrigued about the possible interactions between Alison and Toby in this episode given her line about him forgetting about what's like being framed or whatever (she could be talking to Spencer tho...). This has the potential to take Toby to a really interesting place. Also, I'm pretty sure there's a rough patch between him and Spencer in the cards soon, so there might something to do with it.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley

More preview clips from Spoilertv.com

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/pretty-little-liars-episode-515-fresh_8.html

Alison makes a call to Jason from prison, and Toby is out in the woods behind Mona's house with the rest of the inept Rosewood police force scouring for signs of Mona's body.

Apparently the great police force missed a damn bloody knife in the victim's backyard..

And Toby thinks so much of them, that he only bothers to cover half of it up. 

• Love 1

I'm wondering if A is destroying everyone's college plans or just Aria, or if Aria is the only one to notice. I could see that. Hanna has never been a good student and only started thinking about college when she did well on the SAT. Emily nearly failed junior year and can't swim anymore so she may have been prepared for rejection letters. Spencer had been in a mental hospital, and a drug rehab, and was under indictment for murder until 5 minutes ago. She may have been blocking out thinking about her future until she thought she had a decent shot at having one. So far, despit all the crazy, Aria has been a good student with decent extra-circulars who had every expectation of getting acceptance letters even if she was too busy clawing her way out of a shallow grave to respond. Could be A is messing with everybody's future, but only Aria has noticed.

See Toby if you went to more then 5 days of police academy training you'd know that "all clear" doesn't mean "leave the knife where it is an go tell your sketchy girlfriend and sketchy bro-friend about the bloody knife that might have either of their fingerprints on it and then agree to do nothing about it while they steel said bloody knife."  But hey look on the bright side it is the Rosewood police so consider it a tram building exercise you want to fit in with the other dirty/incompetent Rosewood cops,right?  

Aria was funny.  Sending that letter to the ex of Ezra was just plain stupid but still pure Aria.  

Jason and Ashley sitting in a tree....... 

Seeing Hanna get accepted to like every college is funny and not in a mean way.  I mean I really want to see her go to Harvard or Yale or something.  I loved it when Spencer asked her how many colleges she had gotten accepted to the whole time Aria got rejected to all of them...even her safety school.

Oh yeah and I think Ezra is far to happy about that.  "Yeah sorry you aren't going away from me to college and age appropriate boys and into the world.  Darn.  Lets talk about me now,"  

All I got from this episode is Toby needs to remember how disgusting the police at Rosewood is, Aria really doesn't give a fuck about anyone but her and Ezra relationship, Emily is losing it without Paige, Caleb actually has a personality when not talking about Ravenswood stuff and Spencer is willing to cover up evidence makes me so proud. lol

What I did like was Jason and Ashley boning and then Hanna seeing him walk out. You just know Ashley wouldn't stay faithful to Pastor Ted. Oh and I did like that Ali and Toby scene. I wish it was longer.

Spencer was rejected to the school she wanted to go to in season 3 and as of 5A she told Mona none of the schools she applied to has sent her a letter. I think A is messing with everyone's future schools but Hanna right now.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

Two words for Emily -- hair net. That whole nonsense with Emily's jump from barista to caterer just seemed off, regardless of how much Emily wanted it for the money -- short notice or not.

How random was that guy asking Spencer about renting the guest house at the reception ?  That should have been setting off alarms that he was somehow related to A -- how did he know that Melissa Hastings would be at Ezra's reception (since that's who he claimed to be looking for) ?  How did he know what Melissa looks like to guess that Spencer was her ? How did he even know that the Hastings guest house was available for rent (especially since, according the paperwork Jason found, it had been leased for 3 years) ?

What I did like was Jason and Ashley boning and then Hanna seeing him walk out.

Should we start calling Ashley Mrs. Robinson ?  Jason is only a couple of years older than the PLLs.

I expected the dueling banjos music from Deliverance to start up when Hanna was visiting the trailer park of doom.  Speaking of Hanna, her earrings were really distracting.

Caleb, what the hell were you thinking going into the kiln alone? Have you forgotten what show you're on? And even then, didn't you learn this lesson on Ravenswood too? You're supposed to be the smart one!

I can get on board the Jason/Ashley train. He's a legal adult, she's a legal adult, neither of them seems to have murdered anyone. These are my standards now.

• Love 17

Are we getting more Caleb/Spencer scenes next week? (PLEASE) The show can't get them together too much though, they'll figure out the mystery in three episodes. But the Tyler/Troian chemistry is off the charts.  Caleb's always been my favorite "fifth" liar...because of his relationship with all of the other girls. I would have loved it even more if Spencer had called Caleb up after talking to Toby and had been like "lol he fell for it, let's go destroy it."

Also...putting those two together..they got rid of the evidence. It only took 5 seasons to figure that out. 

As for Aria...are we forgetting that Ezra used Aria to try and write a book, show? The least he can do is not be too upset over her using their relationship to get into college. Seriously, Aria shouldn't feel the least bit guilty. Just call it even now. (kind of. He still owes her.) 

Yup, totally on the train for Jason/Ashley. Would that make Spencer Hanna's half-step Aunt? 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 4

I really like Spencer and Caleb together.  Though I generally like it when significant others work with the other liars.  It gives the significant others something more interest to do than the normal relationship drama their scenes tend to be.

I liked Emily as a chef.  Her desperate plan to start running the kitchen with no experience so that she could see Paige in California was sweet, if hopeless.  Also am I the only one who thinks the replacement chef is Emily's new love interest?  I mean let's be honest.  One of the Liars has been single for half an episode and she bonded with someone of the gender she is attracted to.  I'm pretty sure we need to figure out this girl's name so we can start working on a ship name.

Also I loved Emily reading Aria's letter.  The letter was everything we have been saying about their relationship for years.  Add in what Jackie told Aria about her relationship with Ezra, and maybe the writers are finally going to have Aria realize how messed up her relationship is.  It's like a season or two too late, but at least I have hope seeing that relationship end.

Considering how corrupt Rosewood PD is, shouldn't Toby not have a problem destroying evidence?  He would still be a better cop than half the police force.  Also shouldn't he have realized that a situation like this would have happened?  He has been dealing with A and Alison for as long as anyone.

Lastly, Ashley and Jason ... what?  I'm not judging anyone who likes the pairing but I really wonder where the writers are going with that relationship.  All I could think was mommy issues.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 1

I can get on board the Jason/Ashley train. He's a legal adult, she's a legal adult, neither of them seems to have murdered anyone. These are my standards now.

Murder?  Maybe not (that we know of) - but someone who founded a video voyeur club that specialized in younger girls.

• Love 2

I can't sew a button on a shirt in less than 10 minutes, but Holbrook has relatives that can stuff guts in a stuffed animal and sew it back up in less than a few? Screw the A mystery, there is some kind of sweat shop happening in the hollers of PA.

Ezra's bookstore was the fully realized douchetastic hipster dream. A publicist?? In Rosewood? Lolololol.

I'm not on board with Ashley and Jason. Mainly because I think he was banging his sister at one point.

• Love 5

Hanna getting in to every college has MonA written all over it. In the last episode's flashback, didn't Mona tell Hanna she was smarter than Spencer Hastings? 

This episode was actually really funny. Of course Deputy Toby left the evidence in the woods and ran to tell Spencer and Caleb about it. Of course Caleb immediately blabbed the secret to Hanna and then went after the knife.

What happened to Pastor Ted? I'm not opposed to Ashley/Jason but isn't she already involved with someone?

How many clues does Aria need to figure out Ezra is the worst and the grossest? No wonder she can't figure out who A is. 

Ezra's bookstore was the fully realized douchetastic hipster dream. A publicist?? In Rosewood? Lolololol.

Hahaha, yes this

• Love 2

I'm not even surprised with the Ashley and Jason hook up.  I could tell from their first conversation that they were going to bone, it was inevitable.  And Mrs. Marin is a fox (with all due respect to Laura Leighton).

• Love 6

I saw where they were going with Ashley & Jason & kept hoping I was wrong. I do NOT trust Jason (remember when he just disappeared from the hospital?), & if he's doing Ashley, it's for a reason other than he's horny. 

Hanna, thank you. I don't think any of the liars have gone someplace dangerous, by themselves, & without telling anyone about it in a while, so it was good to see you keep up the tradition.

For anybody who wondered how Toby became a Rosewood cop, now we know. He was born to be one, because only someone who was born to be a Rosewood cop would know that when you find a bloody knife that has probably been used to commit a murder, the correct thing to do with it is cover it back up with leaves & walk away. You should never do anything that could possibly help solve a crime.

So, is A keeping Aria out of college, or did all the time she spent on Ezra ruin her chances? And whose bookmark is that?

• Love 3

Someone pointed out that Ezra seemed way too happy about her not getting into college. Maybe it's him.

Also...is she just not considering Hollice? (Sp)...Her father works there..she can go for free..

• Love 1

Hanna getting into all the collages sounds like 'A' just like Aria's not getting in. Aria then walked right into a trap by writing that letter and now 'A' has even more over her head. If Aria had a brain she'd tell Ezra about the letter ASAP.

Ezra questioning if Emily did home economics was hilarious.

• Love 1

So, is A keeping Aria out of college, or did all the time she spent on Ezra ruin her chances?

Wait is A actually doing anything other than sending little messages in snow globes and fireworks? the pll's are doing all the work themselves... we have:

- Spencer leaving fingerprints on every murder weapon/crime scene in town.

-Caleb walking into kilns (Dude, all the buildings in rosewood come to life on the reg.... everybody knows that).

-Aria writing her admissions essay on how she nailed her english teacher.

-Hanna walking into a trailer park in the middle of the woods and leaving her car unlocked. 

They're screwing themselves over way better than A could...

oh and speaking of:

douchetastic hipster dream

that "KALE" shirt was SO aria. Hilarious. 

• Love 2

It would be an ultimate troll for Hanna to find out she was never really accepted.

I'd love if A really went there. I never really understand why they try to tell us that Hanna is like totally smart. To quote judge Judy "Either you're playing dumb or it's not an act" I don't think Hanna is smart, not even street mart but whatever.

• Love 2

I'd love if A really went there. I never really understand why they try to tell us that Hanna is like totally smart. To quote judge Judy "Either you're playing dumb or it's not an act" I don't think Hanna is smart, not even street mart but whatever.

I don't think Hanna is stupid but I don't buy that she's this smart person the show is trying to sell us. Hanna is smart in small doses. Not everyone needs to be Spencer smart but to say she's the smartest to ever smart? Come on son. I will say Hanna is clearly smarter than both Aria and Emily when it comes to A stuff. I'll give her that.

Ezra really is that douchey hipster. How can any of the Liars not Aria stand to be around him? Then again Troian seems to play Spencer being annoyed by him. It could also be her true feelings for the Ezra character coming out on screen though.

Through out the episode I kept yelling Spencer and Caleb deserve to be Ali's prison mates after leaving finger prints on that knife. SMH.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 4

When Ali said, "They can't keep ignoring me," it reminded me of Fatal Attraction. But typical Ali - first she tries to get Toby to convince the girls to come see her and then she mouths off and tells him that she doesn't have to tell him why she got moved to this other jail. Not a great way to get him on your side!

I usually like Emily but when she was whining that her mom wouldn't let her touch her college fund to buy a plane ticket to visit Paige, I just rolled my eyes. First of all, if her college fund is in a 529 account, she can't just withdraw that money without paying a penalty. Secondly, HELLO, that's why it's called a college fund! Even if it's just money in a regular old savings account, that money was intended for college expenses, not California vacations.

When she complained about how she and Paige are drifting apart, I rolled my eyes again. I'm about to sound like a total grandpa but these kids have no idea how easy they have it. In this day and age, you can call, text, email, facetime, and skype. It is easier than ever to stay connected with people who aren't even in the same time zone. Back in the olden days (aka twenty years ago), the only options were mailing letters and paying for long distance calls on the old landline. If you can't make it work with all these ways to communicate, then  you're in trouble.

While I understand Emily wanting to make some extra money to fly to California, why on earth did she think she was capable of catering an event with no experience? And if she was hell bent on that, why wouldn't she just keep things simple? You don't need empanadas or stuffed grapes. You just need a couple of easy hors d'oevres.

On a related note, Ezra is an idiot. What kind of a dumbass lets his caterer change the menu three times? You hire someone, you sign a contract, and that's it. For once I agree with Ezra - you really don't need scallops at the opening of a bookstore, even a douchey hipster bookstore that sells coffee. Hey, Ezra, do you know what other bookstore sells coffee? Barnes and Noble.

LOVED when Aria found the bookmark from A with her essay on it. I am looking forward to her finding quotes from that essay everywhere.

Hanna going to that trailer park was idiotic. For someone who's dealt with life threatening A situations for two years now, she should know better. Plus I kept waiting for her to get dirt all over those white pants.

When Caleb found the knife and bent down to take something out of his backpack, I thought finally they are learning to wear gloves and not leave fingerprints on everything! I was seriously so proud of Spencer and Emily for having gloves last week so I thought maybe they had a PLL meeting where they handed out boxes of disposable gloves. So I was really disappointed when all Caleb had was a towel. Seriously?

Jason can STFU. He is trying to get Ashley to stay because he doesn't want a new employee asking him questions about his family? Whatever, dude.

Ha, Caleb was a total guy when Spencer tried looking for kiln directions online and he just started pushing buttons. Why didn't they soak that knife in bleach to get rid of most of the blood? And wipe off the fingerprints? Think, you guys, THINK! I knew as soon as the kiln was involved that one or both of them would get locked in.

And DAMN IT, I knew that Jason and Ashley were going to hook up as soon as I saw them in the office together. I mean, I'm all for Ashley getting some but DUDE!

Since when do jails have visitation in the prisoner cells?

Yup, Talia Sandoval is going to be Emily's new girlfriend. I am not looking forward to the longing looks between them as they work together. Ugh, and that new guy Johnny works there too which means I will have to see him at the coffee place AND at Spencer's house? No thanks, dude.

Was it ever explained how/why/why Ezra bought the coffee shop after Zach left town? He is always professing to be broke but he could afford to buy the Brew and renovate it?

How did he even know that the Hastings guest house was available for rent (especially since, according the paperwork Jason found, it had been leased for 3 years) ?

It didn't sound like he knew it was available. Since his mom knew Spencer's mom, my guess is that Veronica mentioned that the guest house has been empty since Melissa left and then his mom said Johnny was looking for a place to stay. The paperwork that Jason found was about a property that the DeLaurentis family has a tenant whose lease expired three weeks ago, which is totally unrelated to the Hastings barn.

Johnny must be new in town if he didn't know about the dead body in the Hastings yard.

Can someone please remind me when Jason started working with Mama Marin?

Jessica hired Ashley as her personal assistant. After she died, Ashley stayed on, apparently to help get Jason up to speed on everything (since OBVIOUSLY Mr. D doesn't give a crap about their rental properties or whatever else Jessica did).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
Ha, Caleb was a total guy when Spencer tried looking for kiln directions online and he just started pushing buttons. Why didn't they soak that knife in bleach to get rid of most of the blood? And wipe off the fingerprints? Think, you guys, THINK! I knew as soon as the kiln was involved that one or both of them would get locked in.

I still don't get them using the kiln -- it's not as if the kiln would get hot enough to melt steel, it might scorch the handle and would just destroy any DNA.  Bleach would have been a much less risky alternative. And where did they put the knife afterwards ?  It's still possible evidence in a crime. Or does A have it now since Caleb/Spencer just left the knife in the kiln for anyone to find ?

I don't think A has anything to do with Aria not getting into the colleges of her choice, I think it's Aria's relationship with Ezra that's the stumbling black.  Mona was getting acceptance letters out the whazo and if A was going to mess with any of the girls, it would be Mona.  I also kind of like seeing Aria not get something she wants--it's petty I know but her relationship with Ezra is all kinds of inappropriate and it truly has hindered her life.  It's about time she understood that.

Conversely, I love that Hanna's been accepted at the colleges she applied to. Having awesome SAT scores helps, but I bet her admissions essays were the tipping point.  

Caleb and Hanna are still my favorites even though they both did make potentially life-ending idiotic moves--they're still adorable together :)

• Love 1

Get it, Mrs. Marin! What a refreshing thing to have a May-December situation in which both characters are over 21. I guess there is a power imbalance here, too, since Jason is her boss, but at least it's not immoral and illegal in every way like our other featured May-Dec romance. (Poor Pastor Ted, I know, but come on. He's dull.)

Also I loved Emily reading Aria's letter.  The letter was everything we have been saying about their relationship for years.  Add in what Jackie told Aria about her relationship with Ezra, and maybe the writers are finally going to have Aria realize how messed up her relationship is.  It's like a season or two too late, but at least I have hope seeing that relationship end.

I wish. I wish I wish I wish. But fandom is way too in love with that awful pairing, I think we're stuck with them and this is just another obstacle to "strengthen" their relationship in the end. You know, like his illegal and disturbingly invasive stalking of her and her friends. 

Also...is she just not considering Hollice? (Sp)...Her father works there..she can go for free..

I want to live in that world! Is that typical? I'm still paying off loans for going to the university where my dad taught.

Also really, if it were A, why would Aria have gotten rejected from all but one school and then gotten wait-listed at that one?

I am kind of dreading everyone on the show freaking out about Ashley/Jason when they all think Aria/Ezra is peachy.

Edited by gesundheit

I'm still laughing that former do-rag juvie Toby is now a member of the Rosewood PD.  It is ironic that he joined the PD to help Spencer and the Liars and now of course he and Spencer are at odds over the knife.

Not sure how I feel about Jason and Ashley.  We've mostly seen older men perving on teenage girls, so part of me is "you go girl" and the other part screams "mommy issues."  Poor Hanna - first she was subjected to the boring tour guide, then A puts dead deer meet in her stuffed animal, and then she sees Jason leaving her house.

I want to live in that world! Is that typical? I'm still paying off loans for going to the university where my dad taught.

I know a lot of state schools offer discounted tuition.  A friend of mine got 50% off since her mom worked for the university, so they only paid about $15,000 in tuition total over her 5 year run.  (This was in the late 90's, when tuition was not yet crazy expensive.)

Alison looked okay in prison orange, but my first thought was that Emily should wear more prison orange, because I bet she would look amazing in it.

Is anyone else wondering what in the hell Caleb would have used that massive knife for at the cabin???  It was a few inches shy of machete size.  

• Love 2
Is anyone else wondering what in the hell Caleb would have used that massive knife for at the cabin???  It was a few inches shy of machete size.

Hacking ?    'Cause he's a hacker of sorts.  </snark>

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

When Caleb was so desperate to get rid of that knife, part of me started thinking he was A. He's the most illogical candidate for many reasons but I was so suspicious. This show is getting to me.

Also, why is Hanna not freaking out over the fact that Holbrook's dad thought she was Alison?

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 1

The show has already given up, just like Ali. Before the hiatus, there was some surreal timeline that no one could follow but that had a certain hyperreality temporality flow. But now? It's all jagged. So it's been long enough that Toby graduated and is working full time at Rosewood PD (years? lol), and long enough that Paige left and then long enough that she and Emily lost touch and broke up (all in all months, I guess?), but the Liars haven't graduated yet and Jason is still not ready to deal with the DiLaurentis business without Mrs Marin (even though Jessica died... ages ago at this point) and the police are still looking for evidence in the same places while Ali is still in jail (how long are they keeping her before they talk bail? Or maybe it was denied, but no one mentioned it.) I never had a pressing need to understand the PLL timeline, and I still don't, but now it just bothers me while I'm watching.

Oh, and speaking of bothersome things, the editing, especially during dialogue scenes, made my eyes water.

I can't with the fake Aria drama. Just fuckin' tell Ezra what you did and be done with it. Does she really think A is not on top of all that? The shelf life of secrets (such a great line that was; more Spencer, show) is really low when the Liars are involved and she is just inviting drama by letting A show Ezra the letter. Also, it is still stupid drama, even if Ezra gets the letter, because those are obviously not Aria's real feelings as she is still in a relationship with him. There is no way this storyline holds any real promise. Oh show, why must you always keep the stakes so low with Aria?

• Love 2

It would be hilarious if even Aria's split personality was trying to break up Ezria. I like the reminder that she's at least peripherally aware of the problems with their relationship, even if she's a child and thus not fully equipped to unpack them.

• Love 1

The show has already given up, just like Ali.

Agreed. This was like a bad soap opera. I had no expectations whatsoever and it still managed to disappoint me. No characterization to speak of, completely random nonsensical plots and attrocious dialogue.

No wonder Aria was rejected by so many universities if she uses stupid phrases like "my high school career". Why the hell is Ezra running a bar now? Paige is not answering Emily's emails - what? I am starting to think that some of these writers really hate what other writers come up with, so they end up ruining characters, plots and relationships they don't like. Or, more likely, nobody gives a damn. I mean, couldn't Emily just loan some money from, I don't know, Spencer "Trust Fund" Hastings? I can't believe her mother would be onboard with her incredibly stupid plan to earn some cash either.

Also, Emily's love current troubles follow almost the exact same scenario as back in S1 when Maya left  - girlfriend is forced to leave, doesn't call, Emily has a meltdown in public. Except for the lack of funny drunk Emily, which makes things a lot more boring, in addition to repetitive. Next step will no doubt be Emily hooking up with Talia.

Asley and Jason... On the one hand it is good to know that at least one man young in rosewood appreaciates the awesomeness and hotness that is Ashley. On other other hand it felt so random and contrived. I like Pastor Ted and I don't think Ashley is the kind of person who would cheat on someone, especially not with her boss.

And yes, Toby, your girlfriend and her friends do break the law a lot. Did you realise that just now?

The only scene I enjoyed was Toby telling Alison to go to hell. Typical of Alison to try to play the "you have been there" card without realizing how hollow it would sound from her of all people.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1

So it's Ezra keeping Aria out of college, right? The only school she got into was the one he thought (and stated) she could forget about because of Jackie. Plus, it plays right into that whole creepy " I manipulate you because I have your best interests at heart" schtick that Ezra does, and which the younger viewers eat up like it's romance. You know, like how he had everyone under constant surveillance to...protect them.

• Love 1
Asley and Jason... On the one hand it is good to know that at least one man young in rosewood appreaciates the awesomeness and hotness that is Ashley.

Laura Leighton has been hot since she played Sydney Andrews on 'Melrose Place'.

Does this mean that Hanna is going to take a run at Mr. DiLaurentis in some sort of twisted revenge scheme on Jason for banging her mom ?  Because that actually sounds like something Alison might do.

HOLY MOTHER OF COW THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!

And yes almost every terrible couple in this show crashing and burning might have had a lot to do with that.

Haleb wasn't touched but we got to enjoy the awesomeness that is Caleb and Spencer working together and I never wanted it to end. I ship these two like Fedex! They looked amazing together. Spencer's coat was a thing of beauty and Caleb actually looked sort of beautiful to me during this episode. I really don't know what happened.

Also, I get where Toby is coming from and I even sympathize to some extent given I'm also in the law profession(especially with that last scene) but his whole thing about doing the "right thing" in this instance was completely nonsensical. I loved that both Caleb and Spencer reacted exactly how I felt. 

I also completely loved every single thing about Aria's storyline. From her being the only one of the girls that didn't get accepted in ANY of the colleges she applied to, to her idea of writting that GLORIOUS LETTER, a huge effort to get in her "slam dunk college". This show's precious snow flake got a reality crash. I'm extremelly excited about where we're gonna go from here with her. And I dare hope this is the beginning of the end of Ezria once and for all.

Ashley and Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dared to hope from the first scene together but I truly believed I was gonne be left frustrated with them having some ridiculous mother/son bonding and whatever but then NOT ONLY DID JASON KISSED HER BUT ASHLEY RECIPROCATED AND THEN THEN THENNNNNNNNNNN. Thank you show!!

I also liked Emily's storyline a lot. When she broke down it really hit me how Emily's character is in desperate need for the story to take to some new places, even if that new place is something as common as crying over a girlfriend. It struck me that we rarely get see Shay do more than tense/angry and lovey-dovey. Also, i'll confess I felt a sense of satisfaction when Paige wouldn't return her messages. Now, you're without both your girlfriends. lmao tough luck emily.

Speaking of Paige, I just rewatched 5x14 and her goodbye scene with Emily, right before watching 5x15, and I got a really strong feeling Paige indeed might have been the one who killed Mona. She really didn't give Emily a good reason for going way, especially considering Ali/A had been arrested, but she seemed extremelly determined about going.

Hanna visting Ali!! Her interaction with crazy!Mona in Radley were some of my favorites in the entire show, I hope we get something like that.

Now I think Holbrook isn't actually corrupt at all and he really is simply trying to help Ali because he knows she's innocent and that's it.

The girls' reaction to learning Hanna kissed Holbrook. Absolutely priceless!!

Last but not least, the fashion. Everyone looked gorgeous. Hanna with her ponytail and red lipstick, Spencer and her coat. Caleb. Even Aria was cute in this episode. Well done, show!

This episode as a whole really played with my expectations. I expected Aria and Emily to excell in their endeavors and it would be a cheesefest. I also expected A would show itself in a more obvious way immediately after Ali was arrested. And I also expected at least one of the girls to doubt whether they did they right thing when it comes to Alison. While I'm rooting for Alison I'm also glad none of those things happened.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 3

So it's Ezra keeping Aria out of college, right? The only school she got into was the one he thought (and stated) she could forget about because of Jackie.

That was her "slam dunk" school that she got waitlisted on because of Jackie and then got off the list because of the fake I hate Ezra letter. Ezra's not keeping her out of college, he was telling her to smooze at the party. Someone who worked at Vassar I think.

When Ali said, "They can't keep ignoring me," it reminded me of Fatal Attraction. But typical Ali - first she tries to get Toby to convince the girls to come see her and then she mouths off and tells him that she doesn't have to tell him why she got moved to this other jail. Not a great way to get him on your side!

I thought she was saying "I don't have to tell you" while indicating her bruises, meaning he of all people should understand. She then went on to talk about how "fresh meat" gets treated. Why had Ali's dad not worked on getting her released on bail? That family is a mess.

That kiln would not have melted metal. There was even a metal cart in there holding up other objects! So where's the knife?

• Love 1

I refuse to believe that Spencer Hastings is stupid enough to try to melt a knife in a kiln, especially a kiln containing perfectly intact metal shelving. Haven't any of these people watched TV before? Soak that thing in bleach!

• Love 3

Wow, both of the colleges I attended allowed for the children of all workers to go for free. (I went to one public and one private). I thought it was standard. 

I think someone is keeping Aria out of college. I don't know if it's A or Ezra,  but it's someone. We've been told, almost as much as being told Spencer is intelligent, that Aria is an excellent writer, and that she gets excellent grades. She's got volunteer work as well as extra curriculars. Plus she's gotten in less trouble that the other three. Hell, Emily struggled with grades and she's not having a problem? We never heard anything about a poor SAT score either. It's just Aria's turn. 

And honestly, I think she happened to either beat out A because she emailed that letter without A being able to stop it, and Jackie saw it. Or..A wanted to push her into doing something like that. (I still say it's not stupid, and using him to get into college is the least Ezra could do.)

Or Ezra is just being a controlling dick again. Or he's big A, and used the book as an excuse the last time he got caught. 

Although, I'm with the conspirators over Paige killing Mona.

Also, I have to stick up for Caleb here. He didn't think he was going into the kiln alone. He thought Spencer was right there..but she decided to wonder off. Still..more Spencer/Caleb scenes, show. Please. 

• Love 1