Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to do just that--meet a baby's shriek in a restaurant with a shriek of my own.  What would people do?

Years and years ago my friend and I took her much younger sisters to Disneyland and they started acting like utter shitheads, whining, tantrums, etc... Well, we're locals and got in free thanks to family who works there so leaving was an option but my friend and I wanted to stay so instead of using the "behave or we'll have to leave" path, I just started mimicking them. Every whine was met with a whine. Every tantrum was met with a [quieter] version and soon they were begging me to stop because I was embarrassing them. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I went to the movies Sunday, at one of those reserve your seats in advance theaters. I get to my seat and someone is in it. He asked if I would mind switching so he could sit by his friends. I should have said no but I didn't want to be in the middle of a couple. I did tell him it was a real dick move to do that, he should have picked different seats and I picked the seat I picked because it was dead center.

I'm with you on this. Depending on how full/not-full the theater was, I would have either made them split up or recommended they scavenge for another seat. For movies I'm really excited about, I'll get my tickets well in advance. I'll even get them on the day they go on sale. No way someone else's last minute trifling is going to preempt my meticulous planning. If I planned ahead by 3 weeks to get the seat I absolutely wanted, then I'm going to sit in that seat. This is especially true if there are other seating options someone could have picked but didn't because they also wanted a premium movie watching experience. If they wanted to sit together, they could have either chosen differently or done a better job of planning ahead. Or, they can try to convince someone else to move so they can sit together, I suppose.

• Love 1

Yeah, if it was so important to sit next to his friends, they should have selected empty seats that would accommodate all of them.  Maybe the others had already booked, and he bought his later, and there wasn't another block available for them to move to and all be together.  But why is it so important, to the extent he'd ask somebody to move out of their reserved seat, for him to sit by his friends to watch a movie?  You're staring at a screen, not socializing (hopefully).

• Love 2

They were quiet and he purchased the seat next to me. I need all the ticket / seat karma I can get for the concert i'm going to. I'm going to have to ask a twosome if they'd be willing to move one seat in the direction of their choosing in exchange for my utter gratitude and some beers. The only seats left on Ticketmaster for retail were between two parties of two so I'm going to hope for the best (and hope free concert beer will seal the deal) but if they don't want to, we'll deal.

The seating goes like this exxmxxmxxexxxxxxx

• Love 3
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to do just that--meet a baby's shriek in a restaurant with a shriek of my own.  What would people do?

I once saw a server in a restaurant to just that! The kid was so startled that she stopped. The server was actually just playing with the kid but it was funny to watch.

• Love 2

My people!  I remember on the old Fametracker forum that I was the bad guy for saying I wouldn't move even if someone asked me nicely because apparently if someone asks you to do something nicely you are obliged to comply with anything they ask for.  Nope.  I always ask, "If they're such good friends, how come they didn't reserve a seat for you when they reserved their own?".

Sometimes I really enjoy giving people crap.

• Love 5

The guy was a dick for asking you to move.  Plan better.  An exception to that would actually be something like a concert where you have to stand, and lets say between purchasing tickets and the night of the event, you end up on crutches in a giant leg brace.  Then I'll gladly move so you have a better view/place to put your crutches/whatever. That actually happened to my friend, and we didn't even have to ask.  The people next to us offered to move.  So that was nice.  

Speaking of concert tickets,  I just paid an extra $99 to upgrade from 5th row to 1st row center, and now I have 2 extra seats to unload, but Ticketmaster won't let me sell them and I have no idea where else to put them up.   

4 minutes ago, janestclair said:

The guy was a dick for asking you to move.  Plan better.  An exception to that would actually be something like a concert where you have to stand, and lets say between purchasing tickets and the night of the event, you end up on crutches in a giant leg brace.  Then I'll gladly move so you have a better view/place to put your crutches/whatever. That actually happened to my friend, and we didn't even have to ask.  The people next to us offered to move.  So that was nice.  

Speaking of concert tickets,  I just paid an extra $99 to upgrade from 5th row to 1st row center, and now I have 2 extra seats to unload, but Ticketmaster won't let me sell them and I have no idea where else to put them up.   

Look for a Facebook event page, Craigslist, StubHub, VividSeats. I was going to buy seats off someone who was dumping their seats on the event page for close to face value but in the end I wasn't comfortable sending money, hoping I got tickets that weren't later reported "lost" to Ticketmaster and rendered invalid.

I don't know if the guy planned poorly or if his group tried to buy enough seats and mine happened to be in the way. In the end I was annoyed about it enough to call him out and bitch about it  here but it was just Fate of the Furious and I was still close enough to center.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Qoass said:

My people!  I remember on the old Fametracker forum that I was the bad guy for saying I wouldn't move even if someone asked me nicely because apparently if someone asks you to do something nicely you are obliged to comply with anything they ask for.  Nope.  I always ask, "If they're such good friends, how come they didn't reserve a seat for you when they reserved their own?".

Sometimes I really enjoy giving people crap.

I also got some grief on Fametracker for the same reason, but I stand by my original position there. If there is no option for advance seating, I show up early enough to pick where I want to sit. If you and your friends wait until the last damn minute to show up, don't expect me to give up my seat just because you didn't plan in advance. Also, what difference does it make if you are not sitting with the rest of your friends in a dark theater for two whole hours while the movie is playing? If your plan is to sit there and talk to each other during the movie, think again. These days I almost always go to a theater that makes you select your seat ahead of time, and kicks out people who talk loudly or use their cell phones after the lights go down. AFAIK, they don't have a specific policy about people asking to switch seats, but in all the times I've gone, that has never happened to me. I do tend to go at times when the movie will not be packed, but in general, I think it's just that people know the management has zero tolerance for rude behavior. 

• Love 2

I have actually never heard of a movie theatre forcing you to choose your seats in advance. Of course, I live in a town of 16k people that has just one eight screen theatre. Usually, my wife and I go during the afternoon and there aren't many people there. At the same time, we don't go to very many movies.

• Love 2

For this particular chain, you can buy your tickets online or at the theater itself. Either way, their ticket system wants you to select your seat. If you wait until you are at the theater, they show you a screen indicating which seats are still available and ask you to select. I generally go at off-peak times anyway, but appreciate being able to see where there might be clusters of seats that have already been taken, so I can adjust my choice accordingly. I've mentioned this over in the movie threads, but I prefer this chain because their founding premise was creating an environment where people can enjoy the movies without being distracted/annoyed by others talking loudly or using their cell phones. They give people one warning, and if there is a repeat offense, then throw them out with no refund. It would be nice if people in general would refrain from those behaviors voluntarily, but this way, you don't have to endure those people who feel compelled to provide running commentary on every aspect of the movie or those who apparently would rather be on their phone instead of actually watching the movie for which they just paid.

@theredhead77, the theater chain I go to is Alamo Drafthouse, but I'm sure there are similar chains as well. They're essentially a refuge for those of us who are tired of dealing with audience members who will not STFU during the movie and/or feel compelled to text their friends during the movie.

Edited by BookWoman56
  • Love 2

I will only go to theaters that let me choose my seat in advance. It comes in handy for movies like Star Wars; no more lining up for hours and hours on end (which I hated). The theaters I patron aren't all reserved seating, some are a crap-shoot but like @BookWoman56's theater, you can show up at the last minute and still get a seat for most movies, the screen shows you what is available. Then again I live in a major city where there are two huge mega-plexes, a couple small chains and an indi theater within 4 miles of each other

@BookWoman56 - that sounds like the ARCLIGHT chain. I love them so much but the closest one is 45 minutes away.

5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I have actually never heard of a movie theatre forcing you to choose your seats in advance.

I think nearly all the theaters near me have pulled out the old "small" seats that were not reserved and installed "larger lean-back" seats, but now require you to select your seat.  There's like half the number of seats in the theater now, but the seats are larger, more comfortable.  Its supposed to be the theater's attempt to compete with you watching movies at home in your barcalounger.  There's still a few "old fashioned' theaters near me. 

I wonder if the theaters are making enough profit off the concessions, since half the people now see the movies (so half are buying food/drinks).  I presume they raised prices.

22 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

The seating goes like this exxmxxmxxexxxxxxx

So at least one pair purchaser, if not two or all three, purposefully bought seats hoping for a "gap" seat between their party and the next.  Someone's going to be disappointed.  Hopefully you'll get one of the pairs to move over one.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

I wonder if the theaters are making enough profit off the concessions, since half the people now see the movies (so half are buying food/drinks).  I presume they raised prices.

They may not have had to raise the prices. In the past, when my wife and I were more frequent movie-goers, we didn't purchase concessions. Now we see many fewer movies in the theatre (probably two or three a year on average, though 2017 is shaping up to be a banner year in that regard) and we always purchase concessions. Usually, it's popcorn and a soda or popcorn and a couple of Icees, but we treat it more like an event and spend a little more money. So, it could be they're bringing in more people like my wife and I who are less frequent, but bigger spenders.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

So at least one pair purchaser, if not two or all three, purposefully bought seats hoping for a "gap" seat between their party and the next.  Someone's going to be disappointed.  Hopefully you'll get one of the pairs to move over one.

Yea, I'm not sure why Ticketmaster allows that to happen. I'm hoping that the fact I'm traveling from CA to Boston w/ a ride-or-die (till about 9pm) friend I've known since I was 3 who is flying in from PA, and isn't even a fan of the genre but agreed to go so I wouldn't be alone and several beers will be enough for one party to move one seat in the direction of their choice. Would you do it? Any suggestions to sweeten the deal (there isn't hard liquor at this venue)?

4 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

- that sounds like the ARCLIGHT chain. I love them so much but the closest one is 45 minutes away.

You're right to love the Arclight if you want a distraction-free experience--they're the ones that have black boxes for theaters.

The Alamo's no-distraction policy is limited to distractions that the customers create; the waitstaff walks around all during the movie picking up order slips and serving food and drinks, and then before the movie ends, they bring the checks so everybody starts rustling around to read the bill and pay.  Nothing like an Arclight.

38 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The Alamo's no-distraction policy is limited to distractions that the customers create; the waitstaff walks around all during the movie picking up order slips and serving food and drinks, and then before the movie ends, they bring the checks so everybody starts rustling around to read the bill and pay.

Right?? I keep hearing that they're going to change to a POS ordering system where you order and pay on a tablet and the servers just drop off your food which would be better, but there's nothing like the reminder that there's 45 min. left in the film when the team of waitstaff stream into the theater to ask if you need anything else and then drop your check, then come back to pick it up, then come back to return cards/change. I know they try their hardest to be quiet and not get in the way but it's impossible to do. And, because it's the end it's always in the most important parts!! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Yea, I'm not sure why Ticketmaster allows that to happen. I'm hoping that the fact I'm traveling from CA to Boston w/ a ride-or-die (till about 9pm) friend I've known since I was 3 who is flying in from PA, and isn't even a fan of the genre but agreed to go so I wouldn't be alone and several beers will be enough for one party to move one seat in the direction of their choice. Would you do it? Any suggestions to sweeten the deal (there isn't hard liquor at this venue)?

Well considering that two of the groups won't get their 'gap' seat regardless, one will move over for the free beers (or other concession of their choice).

I would move so you could sit with your friend. You wouldn't even have to give me beer (and not just because beer makes me sick, either!). I'd do it because who wants to go to an event and not sit with their friends/family/companions? And who wants to be the asshole who not only ruins other people's enjoyment, but has to sit between the now-fuming attendees? Even if you don't want to do it just because you want to be nice, I wouldn't want to sit between people I'd pissed off by being an unreasonable dick.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

From your little seating diagram, it seems like the people who have the two seats in between yours wouldn't have any reason not to accommodate you -- the seat you'd be asking someone to move to is just as good as the one they have.  If you asked the people to the right of you to switch, one of them would have to give up having an empty seat next to them, so they may need a beer bribe.  But I think you'll be all set with the people in the middle.  If for no other reason than they won't want you two leaning over them if you need to communicate about something, but I think mostly just because it's no big deal if I'm reading the seating chart correctly.

Dear colleagues:  When you are participating in a webinar, and the speaker (aka Me) asks that everyone mute their phones so there won't be any background noise, and simply unmute should they want to ask the speaker a question, please co-operate. Yeah, you, we all heard your cellphone ring, and you answer the call, and have a "whispered" conversation that probably involved confidential information that the rest of us should not have heard.   So, you were rude, and probably violating your professional ethics.

• Love 10

Clickbait ads are getting beyond preposterous. This was on this very site. I mean, come ON.Screenshot_20170420-211551_crop_720x624.thumb.png.0e49cc058dff0f64c3d0bcec624fccc2.png

Her "secret" beard doesn't look very hidden. That Photoshop job, good lord.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 7

Websites that are formatted for smart phones.  Newsflash! (tm Liberty Mutual), we are not all shopping from little devices. Some of us are using laptops. Dinosaurs have money, too, you know!

Arrrrgggghhh.

• Love 7
On 4/20/2017 at 3:38 PM, Lisin said:

Right?? I keep hearing that they're going to change to a POS ordering system where you order and pay on a tablet and the servers just drop off your food which would be better, but there's nothing like the reminder that there's 45 min. left in the film when the team of waitstaff stream into the theater to ask if you need anything else and then drop your check, then come back to pick it up, then come back to return cards/change. I know they try their hardest to be quiet and not get in the way but it's impossible to do. And, because it's the end it's always in the most important parts!! 

So if you're ordering more food/drink during the movie you'll use a tablet?  And that's different from texting how?

Ha! I do that "YOU'RE WELCOME!" thing, too. My mother inadvertently taught it to me. Also, if I'm checking out at a store and the cashier is completely silent (no hello, no thanks, nothing), I'll complete our interaction with, "Thank you for shopping at [store]! Please come back soon!" I'm an asshole.

I hate, hate, hate when they don't tell you how much your stuff is--they're just done and then they stand there waiting!

Websites that are formatted for smart phones.  Newsflash! (tm Liberty Mutual), we are not all shopping from little devices. Some of us are using laptops. Dinosaurs have money, too, you know!

Can I add retail websites that sell not only their own stuff but show you stuff from other vendors? I have no idea why this is and it's annoying. I have been looking for a small 3-piece outdoor bistro set for our balcony and tried all the obvious sites. First of all, nothing I look at is in the local store itself, and I would like to see/touch it first! Second, half the shit is not even from the store I'm looking at--the Sears site (which I hate anyway) links to stuff at K-Mart, and Target to outside vendors wanting $1,000 for some damn shit (I like nice things but what the hell? If i have $1,000 to spend, I am not likely starting my search at Target). Same with Home Depot! So I guess forget the supposed convenience of internet browsing; I will have to go old-school and just drive all over the damn place. While I will be happy to find something, I will also be annoyed while wondering, "why did you not have this on your website?!" It's 2017, retailers--let me sort my search by "in store," please finally! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Can I add retail websites that sell not only their own stuff but show you stuff from other vendors?

Oh, I second this one! I occasionally go to Best Buy's site to look at computer hardware and it's maddening. They've got stuff listed from "the marketplace", which - near as I can tell - is just crap posted for sale by a bunch of randos. If I'm willing to look at crap being sold by random weirdos on the Internet, then I'd just go to Ebay or Amazon. If I'm going to Best Buy's site, then I want to see what Best Buy has for sale! Newegg does some of this, too, but I've figured out how to filter there. I think Best Buy has an easy way to filter it out, too, and I even think I've tried it a few times. The problem when you do that is there's either nothing or very little that comes up as available for sale. (And that is not a problem with Newegg.)

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 3

When people list a bunch of complaints &/or critiques about a person then later, the same convo, complain the person is also distant or avoids them. 

Bitch what?IMG_1297.PNG.1d2698d7f975475b7da48dd0b1650458.PNG

shouldnt that be a GOOD thing then? Or maybe, just maybe, they aren't all close or chatty because you find a lot of faults and issues with them? I got that twice this very week (once by a bitchy coworker) and heard this said by a relative about my mom and it's baffling. 

• Love 4
On 4/22/2017 at 10:31 AM, TattleTeeny said:

First of all, nothing I look at is in the local store itself, and I would like to see/touch it first! Second, half the shit is not even from the store I'm looking at...

I've never seen this, but I would be in heaven if store websites could tell me if items are in stock locally. I can't count the times I've gone to Walmart for groceries only to find they're out of what I want.

(Stock moves fast and I'm not sure it's even realistic to update inventory at each specific store in real time, but that's not my problem when I'm wishing on a star.)

Edited by Lord Donia
17 minutes ago, Lord Donia said:

I've never seen this, but I would be in heaven if store websites could tell me if items are in stock locally. I can't count the times I've gone to Walmart only to find they're out of what I want.

Target and Best Buy do. You can order online and pick it up in the store in an hour or so too. 

• Love 2

I hate Best Buy with the fire...blah blah. I worked there in college, and I'm truly baffled that they are still open. A bunch of poorly trained chimps could run that place better than how it is run.

Anyway! The last time I begrudingly went there, I was going to get an optical audio cable for my sound bar for my TV. Ordered and paid online. Logic dictates they would pull the item and have it ready for my pick up. Well, no.

I get there, and there's no cable to be found. The guys in the A/V department see that the ONE in stock is SOMEWHERE in the store, but not on it's peg. Several exasperating moments of my life go by as they supposedly look for it. I suggest that they just give me the higher-priced cable, because there are several of those in stock. Of course, the CEO of the entire company or God herself has to sign off on this. NEVER AGAIN.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 3
On 4/21/2017 at 10:52 AM, Lord Donia said:

I submitted a user review for a software program at the company's website. I was not altogether happy and gave it three stars. The company never posted it. Chickenshit move.

And the same thing has happened to me with Amazon-- apparently, when you are posting a review there, they don't allow you to mention packaging, even if it's in the sense of the natural packaging of the product (like, for instance, the packaging of a DVD release) and not the packaging for shipping. I submitted a rather long review of the all-in-one release of M Squad (1957-60 NBC police series w/the late Lee Marvin), which was a positive one, BTW (that I loved the show; not only that, but what it was about), and I was bafflingly rejected. Why? Because I happened to describe the packaging of the product (15 discs, and a bonus audio CD, in a rather large digipak); like I said, when Amazon refuses reviews for the mentioning of packaging, they don't differentiate between the packaging of the product and the packaging for shipping-- packaging is a forbidden topic of reviews, for reasons unknown. 

Edited by bmasters9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

I've never seen this, but I would be in heaven if store websites could tell me if items are in stock locally. I can't count the times I've gone to Walmart only to find they're out of what I want.

Target and Best Buy do. You can order online and pick it up in the store in an hour or so too. 

So does Wal-Mart. Better yet, if it's not in stock at your usual store, it will show the closest store where it IS available.

• Love 3

Oh, I know that many places do the order to the store and the reserves and all that. However, my problem is that there is barely anything in the actual stores lately and the stuff that is often is not on the sites. And Walmart's website can suck it--it's the worst.

• Love 1

This is funny because we hit the local Home Depot for a couple of things today. Of course, the items were pretty much at opposite ends of the store, so as we walked the length of the store, three or four employees asked if they could help us find anything. We were shocked, albeit pleasantly, to be honest. 

• Love 4

When I worked in a bookstore, I always asked the people if they needed help, not because I was a great employees but because I didn't want them undoing all the work I had just done!

I am quoting myself, and that's weird, but OH, that typo! I am a copy editor, people! Good lord!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, bmasters9 said:

And the same thing has happened to me with Amazon-- apparently, when you are posting a review there, they don't allow you to mention packaging, even if it's in the sense of the natural packaging of the product (like, for instance, the packaging of a DVD release) and not the packaging for shipping. I submitted a rather long review of the all-in-one release of M Squad (1957-60 NBC police series w/the late Lee Marvin), which was a positive one, BTW (that I loved the show; not only that, but what it was about), and I was bafflingly rejected. Why? Because I happened to describe the packaging of the product (15 discs, and a bonus audio CD, in a rather large digipak); like I said, when Amazon refuses reviews for the mentioning of packaging, they don't differentiate between the packaging of the product and the packaging for shipping-- packaging is a forbidden topic of reviews, for reasons unknown. 

I've read many, many reviews of packaging on a bundle of Stargate SG-1 DVDs.  They were alarming enough that I didn't buy them no matter how good the deal was for years.  When I finally broke down and bought them it became clear that the packaging changed from year to year based on whatever the latest release of season disks were and I didn't need to worry about the packaging because it was no longer relevant.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

I've read many, many reviews of packaging on a bundle of Stargate SG-1 DVDs.  They were alarming enough that I didn't buy them no matter how good the deal was for years.  When I finally broke down and bought them it became clear that the packaging changed from year to year based on whatever the latest release of season disks were and I didn't need to worry about the packaging because it was no longer relevant.

Same reason I was super nervous about buying the SG-1 boxed set. I went through it with a fine tooth comb and whatever the situation was had resolved itself by the time I bought it.

Okay here is my pet peeve, been bothering me for years - I have a friend for decades and she has a habit of reaching over and spearing her fork in your food in a restaurant and trying your food.  She did it through high school and college and now we are middle aged and at a high school get together recently she reached over as soon as the waiter put my food down and she speared some of my poutine.  I almost lost it in front of everyone and I held it in but curtly said: why don't I put some on a little plate for you?

It was frikking embarrassing and not to mention she is now a middle aged professional women who should know how to act in public.  She always prefaces the fork stabbing with something like: sharesies!!  and then she pounces.

I hated it back when we were young but thought she had outgrown it years later and I don't know how to react!

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, MrsMoltisanti said:

Okay here is my pet peeve, been bothering me for years - I have a friend for decades and she has a habit of reaching over and spearing her fork in your food in a restaurant and trying your food.  She did it through high school and college and now we are middle aged and at a high school get together recently sheached over as soon as the waiter put my food down and she speared some of my poutine.  I almost lost it in front of everyone and I held it in but curtly said: why don't I put some on a little plate for you?

It was frikking embarrassing and not to mention she is now a middle aged professional women who should know how to act in public.  She always prefaces the fork stabbing with something like: sharesies!!  and then she pounces.

I hated it back when we were young but thought she had outgrown it years later and I don't know how to react!

How annoying! I think I would use my fork to push her fork away, and say, no, I wanted that piece!  And as soon as you go out to eat with her, how about suggesting, "I know how you love to share food, so how about we get an appetizer to share, and then you can leave my meal alone?"

"Sharesies?" What, is she stuck in junior high?

• Love 7
On 4/22/2017 at 10:31 AM, TattleTeeny said:

the Sears site (which I hate anyway) links to stuff at K-Mart,

I can't speak to other vendors, but Sears and K-Mart are owned by the same parent company (or Sears own K-mart).  So in their mind, its all the same (crap, IMO).

• Love 1

I'm sure I've bitched about this before as it's become my yearly spring/summer peeve.  Why is it that its impossible to find a womans flat slide type sandal that isn't the thong style?!  I can't wear the thing type sandals because the part that goes between the toes annoys the hell out of me.  Even as a kid I wouldn't wear them.   My preferred style is the toe loop but they're impossible to find. I found some on the Target website but I hate buying shoes online because every brand is sized differently.   Dont shoe makers understand that not all women like thing sandals?  Thats all I can find.  Any flat slide sandal has the damn strap between the toes. 

• Love 4