Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Tea With A Side Of Squashed Beef

• Start Topic

I was driving in to the grocery store & giving this some thought, Kandi shows such unwavering loyalty to Joyce no matter what comes out that crazy old bitch's mouth but from what I see  I don't know why... Joyce has said numerous times on the show that she is done with Kandi when she don't get her way & yet Kandi continues to be ride or die.  Joyce can call Todd an opportunist & call his dad & mom, a pimp & a ho (BTW who in the hell disrespects ANYONES dead parent??  And one you have never even met no less??? RIP, Mr. Tucker.)  And they just have to eat it? HELLS NO, that stank face bitch would get more than a punch in the mouth from me & her ratchet sisters can be smacked down too!  I have a hard time watching Sharon, a woman who did nothing but have the unfortunate pleasure of having her son fall for Kandi, get treated like shit but I really have a hard time with it now that she has passed as well.

• Love 11

BTW who in the hell disrespects ANYONES dead parent?? And one you have never even met no less??? RIP, Mr. Tucker.)

Word, my ex talked all kinds of shit about his dad, who died before I met him, and while Dad did seem like he didn't do right by him or his mom, (my ex changed his name to his mom's maiden name while his dad was still alive), I never joined in. I didn't know him like that - or at all. It was plain evil for Joyce to speak ill of the dead like that.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 6

My problem with Kenya is all anyone has to do is go to her twitter site and or check out any site where she constantly gives her opinion on the others and nothing has ever changed.  She still talks smack about everyone, she still belittles anyone she feels "came for her" and only her diehard fans don't find her crazy or just vile.

• Love 2

I admit, I haven't been watching so much lately but I thought the last time I watched, Mama Joyce was pitching a fit, and, wasn't she threatening to give the house back ???  Wasn't MJ saying she was not going to accept Kandi's gift of a brand-new house because she was pissed off about "whatever"?  What happened with all that?  No one seemed to touch on this (or did I make it up ?)

• Love 3

I will admit I laughed every time Kenya interjected because it made Nene crazy. The bewildered look on Nene's face and her increased irritation that Kenya didn't sing when she was told to by the Queen Bee, highly amused me.

I enjoyed that too. I still didn't really mind Nene until this episode. The ignorant/offensive "Favelas" shirt combined with her lording it over Cynthia at the liquid lunch was just it for me.

Edited by gatopretoNYC

I admit, I haven't been watching so much lately but I thought the last time I watched, Mama Joyce was pitching a fit, and, wasn't she threatening to give the house back ???  Wasn't MJ saying she was not going to accept Kandi's gift of a brand-new house because she was pissed off about "whatever"?  What happened with all that?  No one seemed to touch on this (or did I make it up ?)

No, you heard it right. It was during Kandi's aunts family party. The party where Kandi's cousins and aunts told her to go make up with MJ. Kandi did nothing wrong and I don't remember why MJ was pissed but the family told Kandi to make amends. So of course she did just that. Kissed MJ's ass. Makes my blood boil every time I think about it. There is not a single ounce of hope for anybody in that family. 

• Love 3

Is it just my HD or does Nene look like she has a little five o clock shadow going on in her mop wig talking heads? Just bad contouring. She needs new hair/wig and makeup people.

It's not just you.  The 5 o'clock shadow is quite obvious.  My coworker's husband dubbed it "hobo clown makeup", lol!  I think she's trying to start a new fashion trend. 

• Love 4

My problem with Kenya is all anyone has to do is go to her twitter site and or check out any site where she constantly gives her opinion on the others and nothing has ever changed.  She still talks smack about everyone, she still belittles anyone she feels "came for her" and only her diehard fans don't find her crazy or just vile.

Speaking as someone who is not a "diehard" fan, I don't find her any more vile than the rest of them.  I just don't see that she has done anything worse than the rest of them.

Save Claudia.  I am really liking her so far.  She seems pretty funny and just the fact that she has such an awesome grandma makes me love her even more.  So far, she seems pretty level headed. I'm sure that will change.

Ayden is everything. That is all.

• Love 10

I was driving in to the grocery store & giving this some thought, Kandi shows such unwavering loyalty to Joyce no matter what comes out that crazy old bitch's mouth but from what I see  I don't know why... Joyce has said numerous times on the show that she is done with Kandi when she don't get her way & yet Kandi continues to be ride or die.  Joyce can call Todd an opportunist & call his dad & mom, a pimp & a ho (BTW who in the hell disrespects ANYONES dead parent??

LOL, I find myself thinking about this show while driving too.  I am still wondering how the hell "ho and pimp" came to mind.  Who says this about anybody, much less someone's parents!

Is it just my HD or does Nene look like she has a little five o clock shadow going on in her mop wig talking heads? Just bad contouring. She needs new hair/wig and makeup people.

Not just you.  My TV and my parents' TV show the same five o'clock shadow.

• Love 1

I will reiterate what I have been saying all along.  Kandi is stuck in adolescents.  She does not realize it but she has never moved on, grown up in this vile relationship.  I do not see her and Todd going the distance.

I keep trying to articulate what I don't like about Kenya.  She over acts!  Everything is loud and fake.  Every action, every word - fake.

• Love 9

They should have called the episode Ketchup and Champagne Flutes!

Say what you will about Kenya – she was completely aware of how that scene was playing, and how nongracious Porsha would look.  That’s why I can’t totally despise Kenya, because she does not forget the audience, so she could offer a completely insincere apology and hug, counting on the fact that Porsha would handle it poorly. It’s a weird kind of game she plays, where she says and does the right thing in such a way you know she doesn’t mean a word of it, and yet the doofuses she’s dealing with return her phony civility with such blatant incivility it’s amusing to watch. 

I hadn't thought of it this way.  Kenya has pretty much neutralized Porsha with forgiveness and a hug, leaving her fuming and looking foolish.  Clever girl!  Yes, I enjoy Kenya, too.

• Love 6

Not just you.  My TV and my parents' TV show the same five o'clock shadow.

I'm surprised about all of this talk about NeNe "five'clock shadow".  Women (some) get facial hair after a certain age, it has something to do with androgen in the blood cells,estrogen,and  some medications.

Facial hair on  women is not uncommon. There are ways to control it's appearance and growth,medication, shaving, electrolysis.

Problem is, because of the position on the face, it's  not as visible to you as it is to others, looking at you.

It always becomes more visible under bright lights and on photos, etc.

I suspect NeNe spends her time in the mirror admiring her humongous  ass,and not actually looking at her face. Look at the makeup and hair, do you think she really looks at her face in the mirror?

I mean would you?

Edited by coloradoqt

Save Claudia.  I am really liking her so far.  She seems pretty funny and just the fact that she has such an awesome grandma makes me love her even more.  So far, she seems pretty level headed. I'm sure that will change.

Yeah, but I really liked Kandi too at first, for a long time. I have come to believe that no one who is truly likeable and not messed up signs up for this type of reality television. So Claudia is either crazy or a famewhore. Time will tell.

• Love 2

I'm surprised about all of this talk about NeNe "five'clock shadow".  Women (some) get facial hair after a certain age, it has something to do with androgen in the blood cells,estrogen,and  some medications.

Facial hair on  women is not uncommon. There are ways to control it's appearance and growth,medication, shaving, electrolysis.

Problem is, because of the position on the face, it's  not as visible to you as it is to others, looking at you.

It always becomes more visible under bright lights and on photos, etc.

I suspect NeNe spends her time in the mirror admiring her humongous  ass,and not actually looking at her face. Look at the makeup and hair, do you think she really looks at her face in the mirror?

I mean would you?

But it's not facial hair. Her makeup squad has been doing a technique lately where they apply an unnatural highlighter around her whole eye area, like highlighter glasses. The effect of this clown makeup makes her look like Chef Duff Goldman.

• Love 3

Yeah, but I really liked Kandi too at first, for a long time. I have come to believe that no one who is truly likeable and not messed up signs up for this type of reality television. So Claudia is either crazy or a famewhore. Time will tell.

To me Claudia came on too strong and desperate - a 40 something woman in a furniture store showing how she sexes on a bed? Yuck.

She seems to have toned it down, though, lately.

• Love 3

But it's not facial hair. Her makeup squad has been doing a technique lately where they apply an unnatural highlighter around her whole eye area, like highlighter glasses. The effect of this clown makeup makes her look like Chef Duff Goldman.

Most actresses have this makeup technique done by very skilled makeup artists. It gives a beautiful glow when done right. Obviously NeNe hired the Walmart version of a cheap makeup artist. Or maybe she does her own makeup. 

She looks better on the show.  It's in the talking heads and WWHL that this is going on.  So either she can do her makeup better for herself in real life than the professionals can, or "they" have it out for her and have made her look as foolish as possible after the season wrapped.  

It's entirely possible she can't see it just by looking in the mirror.  But there's not a doubt that the camera/lighting/makeup people aren't aware and let her go on being filmed that way anyway.  Which means it's completely intentional (on their part).  She's not getting the edit she thinks she is, which makes the contrast between her appearance and her condescending above it all attitude even more striking.  

• Love 4

What is this? Seven seasons of Talking Heads and WWHL and only now her makeup is wrong for the camera? Yeah Nene pissed off the wrong one.

Cynthia in that pepto bismol assemble with a hat and straggly hair looking like a hobo lecturing Claudia on needing a makeover was surreal.

• Love 10

and only her diehard fans don't find her crazy or just vile.

I'm not at all a die-hard fan of Kenya Moore. In fact, I don't like any of the women - finding each to be vile, crazy and downright delusional depending on the situation. However, I still find Kenya more tolerable than most of these women.  She seems to be in on the joke that is her "character".  The others, especially NeNe, take themselves too seriously - believing they actually matter to the average viewer. 

• Love 7

No shade, but is this the first season for the recapper? Because up until this year, Cynthia has been THE most on point fashion and looks-wise across the franchise. In fact, until this year I didn't think it was possible for her to make a misstep, she has been pitch-perfect in every scene on every occasion. Even in South Africa bitch was slaying with retro dashiki-chic and braids. No ma'am, I cannot agree with this assessment of her clothing sense at'all.

Agreed - and I loved that she wasn't label-obsessed like the rest of them. But lately her game has been off. Ever since that red clown wig with blue eye shadow, it's been a mess. I hate the straw-blonde - hate. It does nothing for her beautiful skin tone. If she likes to change up hair, fine, but PLEASE let that blonde go. She looks great with short hair - would love to see her give the wigs and weaves a rest.

I wonder if Cynthia's terrible fashion choices and hair have to do with the weight she's put on. She's by no means heavy, but she may be trying to distract from what she considers to be too much weight. For someone who has spent her life being able to effortlessly wear whatever she wanted and look good, it might be hard for her to figure out her new body.

I in no way think she looks too heavy, but she may think she does.

When they flashed back to Cynthia and Nene looking at art, I almost gasped.  Cynthia was amazingly stunning and her cool laid back style with the short hair put all the other ladies,with their ten pounds of weave and makeup, to shame.  She was one of the most beautiful women in all the franchises and all of it was natural.

Also, I have noticed that Cynthia never bragged about her beauty (she never needed to, it was there for all to behold) and now she seems to be trying to put on the false bravado (which does not suit her the way it suits Nene). I cringe when she talks about how she stepped up her style game wearing that horrible blonde monstrosity. 

Obviously, we all grow older and it is not unusual to gain weight as we do.   However, I do not think it is the weight itself that is the problem.  As the previous poster stated, she is far from fat.  It is that she does not understand her body and whoever is styling her is giving her horrible advice.

I think her face is looking off is due more to the botox then the weight gain.  She looked young for her age, so I have no idea why the hell she thought she needed the stuff.  Somebody probably told her she looked tired around the eyes and she probably freaked out. 

I am sorry Cynthia, but tomboy Claudia looked fantastic this episode and nothing in your look was working for you.  You need to burn that blond hair and then seriously do some inventory with you wardrobe. 

• Love 6

When they flashed back to Cynthia and Nene looking at art, I almost gasped. 

I had the same reaction.  It was almost like looking at a completely different person.  For a brief instant, I thought I was seeing some ebony carving of an African goddess in profile, and then I realized it was a few-short-years-ago Cynthia.  That juxtaposition seems kind of cruel to me now, on the part of the editing monkeys.  I mean, I know that she's a victim of her own choices--marrying a male succubus like Peter, befriending a braying egofest like Nene, failing to exploit all the opportunities she's had thanks to the show, and now trying on this very ill-fitting fake persona--but they really threw the contrast between past and present into very harsh relief, and I felt for her.  Till she started talking again, that is.

• Love 3
I will reiterate what I have been saying all along.  Kandi is stuck in adolescents.  She does not realize it but she has never moved on, grown up in this vile relationship.

It's not Kandi's fault. She's just on a different sector of the time scale. 

• Love 9

I'm not at all a die-hard fan of Kenya Moore. In fact, I don't like any of the women - finding each to be vile, crazy and downright delusional depending on the situation. However, I still find Kenya more tolerable than most of these women.  She seems to be in on the joke that is her "character".  The others, especially NeNe, take themselves too seriously - believing they actually matter to the average viewer. 

I think I am in the minority because I love Kenya! I agree that she recognizes her TV persona as a character.  I think in real life, she'd be a blast to hang out with.

None of the women bug me as much as NeNe.  I think NeNe got some fame and now thinks she breathes rarefied air.  There's nothing interesting about her.

• Love 7

I'm so over Khandi. I actually wanted to reach in the tv & shake some sense into her. She must realize without her Mama she doesn't have a story so she has to keep it going. No one in their right mind would tell Mama what Todd's mom said about punching her. She should have told her mother to apologize & move on, not buy her another huge home. I get defending your mother & your sister but I would not defend my mother if she called my mother-in-law a prostitute & her husband a pimp. How would Khandi feel if anyone said that about Joyce? No one puts Joyce in her place & it's becoming redundant & not a good look for Khandi. You should respect & take care of your parents if they respect you.

I agree with Porsha (even though I don't care for her) about not apologizing. If she didn't feel it was real, then why apologize without even talking or working it out. I feel Kenya is trying to do damage control & playing nice after being called a lunatic last season. I don't buy for one second she forgives or is sorry towards Porsha. I also was super annoyed with how rude she was when they were talking. It's like she doesn't really want Cynthia to make up with Porsha, she wants Cynthia all to herself.

Claudia, I don't like her or dislike her. She hasn't had a real chance to show us anything. I do LOVE her grandma. I would like to see more of her & less of the others.

• Love 2

I think Claudia's grandma could whoop Joyce's ass. And then some. She's Moms Mabley's long lost sister.

Loved the upside down Heinz ketchup bottles on the table at this upscale restaurant which NeNe picked to wear her Daisy Dukes and high heels. They must have been there a long time, it was daylight when they arrived and dark when it was over.

NeNe couldn't apologize if her life depended on it. Just nod her head and say "Um hmm" over and over. She initiated the meeting. You'd think the person extending the invitation would be the one most willing to make amends.

And Porsha can't apologize either. She can only allow Kenya to accept responsibility. Lord have mercy, keep these woman away from alcohol.

cooksdelight: this is eerie! I woke up this morning aiming to make those two exact points here today! I'd pay cash money to see Claudia's grandma whup MJ in the smug Prince Valiant face.

During some of this show, I felt like I was watching a foreign movie that needed subtitles. Trying to figure out what Kandi's aunts were saying almost gave me an amarism but Fortunately I take pills to keep The pressure down.I have to agree with Aydan when he told Mr. President "the world needs you."

Are there any two tots on TV more precious than Ayden and Mr. President???? They make me smile out loud, if that makes sense! Ayden and Mr. President for president!

It's possible, maybe even probable, that the guy hired to promote the play dropped the ball. But isn't it also possible that ticket sales were soft because no one wants to see an autographical play about Kandi and Mama Joyce called "A Mother's Love?" Just two minutes of these two on screen and I'm ready to change the channel. Joyce and her sisters are horrible, and watching Kandi disrespect Todd and his mother makes me cringe. "A Mother's Manipulation" is more like it. I'll pass on this ticket and wait for the next tour of Dreamgirls, thank you very much.

Or "Even Though I Ply Her with Money, I'll Never Have My Mother's Love."

• Love 2

It was stated by Kandi that the promoter did indeed drop the ball and she had to shut it down. However, she should've checked him out. Just cannot see how she made and retained so much money with what we see of her business practices.

• Love 4

I have no sympathy for Todd. None. He married a woman who was totally okay with her mother spreading nasty rumors about him being a gold digger and even a cheater. Todd knew what he was marrying into. He knew his new mother-in-law was nasty and manipulative and that his new bride accepted it and expected everyone else to put up with it. I feel bad for Sharon that she has such a weak son.  Todd made the common mistake of thinking that things would be better later. Shit never rolls up hill, only down hill. I hope they stay infertile, for the unborn baby's sake.

I also believe now that his original intentions were not so benevolent. After being in the same room only once with the shebeast that is MJ, would you even go on a second date with her daughter, much less MARRY her? And his whole attitude about the pre-nup was a red flag for me last season. I see a nice guy who was probably little more than a glorified gofer (I don't see any business acumen emanating from him, ever) who had dreams of hitting the big time. He's not 21, shouldn't he have been further along in his career at that point? I don't see someone overly intelligent, either. I'm guessing Kandi seemed nice enough, and needy enough. But I have no respect for anyone who lets another person diss his mother in such a horrid way.

• Love 1

The title of this ep reminds me of the Thanksgiving ep of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in which Charlie thought their intention to "squash some beef" was to eat yellow squash and meat.

OK, and Gene's Beefsquatch from Bob's Burgers.

• Love 3

I think Kandi said she was hoping to have half of the tickets sold at that point and they were way below that. So, yeah. Sales sucked. To me that show had nothing appealing about it.

Wasn't MJ totally bitchy to Kaela, too? I think I remember her going on and on about how great Riley looked before the wedding and barely said a word to/about Kaela? Who treats a young woman like that? Particularly a girl in Kaeal's position - new situation, not knowing a lot people, nervous? MJ is just a vile person.

• Love 2

It's entirely possible she can't see it just by looking in the mirror.  But there's not a doubt that the camera/lighting/makeup people aren't aware and let her go on being filmed that way anyway.  Which means it's completely intentional (on their part).

Regarding Nene's makeup fiasco, I just watched Padma Lakshmi on WWHL a few episodes ago and she had the same five o'clock shadow.  Is this a new make-up technique? I remember a while back when celebrities were getting made-up for HD and when they came out in the sunlight, it looked as if they had white powder all over their face. They figured it out and it seems to have gone away.  Hopefully that will happen with NeNe.

Exactly. It's this damn highlighting and contouring technique that everyone-and I mean everyone, just check out youtube and instagram- is doing now. The problem is, it's a drag queen technique and real women don't have to define their features so much because they already have feminine features. Even if Nene did have facial hair, it wouldn't be an all-over 5 o'clock shadow type beard. She looks like she has a 5 o'clock shadow because the highlighted area around the eyes is so severe, the contrast is giving the illusion of a 5 o'clock shadow.

I mentioned this in Cynthia's thread, but I also don't get what's going on with the blue shadow that's applied almost up to her eyebrows.

I mentioned this in Cynthia's thread, but I also don't get what's going on with the blue shadow that's applied almost up to her eyebrows.

I feel like the super dramatic (and rather alarming) eye make-up and/or crazy outfits for the THs are an inside joke that the howives are in on.

I've noticed it across the franchises. Just off the top of my head-- Teresa G and Amber of RHoNJ, and Phaedra of RHoA are the worst offenders. I remember Kim Richards had this gigantic bow on her blouse one season that took up half the screen, and was always askew. The shoulder piece on Kenya's purple dress is bigger than her head. And Cynthia will always have, like, 7 dramatically different TH hairstyles throughout the course of the season.

I'm not at all a die-hard fan of Kenya Moore. In fact, I don't like any of the women - finding each to be vile, crazy and downright delusional depending on the situation. However, I still find Kenya more tolerable than most of these women. She seems to be in on the joke that is her "character". The others, especially NeNe, take themselves too seriously - believing they actually matter to the average viewer.

See, I think Phaedra was in on the joke too and the shit got serious quick for her and she has backed off a bit. It will be interesting to see where she goes now. If she is smart, and I believe she is, she will have a more humble affect in the future.

But it's not facial hair. Her makeup squad has been doing a technique lately where they apply an unnatural highlighter around her whole eye area, like highlighter glasses.

As I've said I haven't watched more than ten minutes total of this season. When I read five o'clock shadow I think hair. Maybe what everyone is seeing is Nene"s personality actually showing . You know ugly personality, etc and then maybe Greg is her make-up squad. He is the only person I know who could  stand that close, look at her face without getting blinded by all of those sparkling whites( he probably wears his dark glasses)and listen  to her mouth  for the 6 hours it takes to paint on her makeup, that lipstick alone probably takes 3 hours. NeNe just looks to me like she has bad B.O. and halitosis big time.All of that bull-shit  that comes out of her mouth has to stank. 

Exactly. It's this damn highlighting and contouring technique that everyone-and I mean everyone, just check out youtube and instagram- is doing now. The problem is, it's a drag queen technique and real women don't have to define their features so much because they already have feminine features. Even if Nene did have facial hair, it wouldn't be an all-over 5 o'clock shadow type beard. She looks like she has a 5 o'clock shadow because the highlighted area around the eyes is so severe, the contrast is giving the illusion of a 5 o'clock shadow.

I'm so tired of the contouring look.  I can't even imagine what that must look like when you actually see someone on the street made up like that.  It looks like they are all rejects from the cast of Cats.  Enough already.

And I'll never understand blue eyeshadow on any woman.  Not even a beautiful woman like Cynthia can pull it off.  I really hate the glittery eyeshadows.  When they don't look good on an 18 year-old, they don't look good on anyone.

• Love 2

NeNe, you idiot, it's a T.A.V.E.R.N not a T.A.V.R.E.N.

TH: "I can't imagine she would have a problem coming to drink at the tavren".

Scene: "So I invited you guys to the Tavren....."

Everything else in this episode just riled me up too much (looking at you Kandi) that I'm just focussing on being pedantic about grammar!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 1

LOL, no, I see that as NeNe-speak. Just as she says "Greggkids, bride maids" and many other words unique only to NeNe. As a North Carolinian, and as someone with plenty of family in the Atlanta area...not one of us pronounces TAVERN as TAVREN.

She could speak correctly if she'd only get serious about taking acting and elocution classes. Otherwise she's limiting the roles she might be asked to play. In this particular episode, it was embarrassing to hear her mangle the English language.

• Love 7

I'm so tired of the contouring look. I can't even imagine what that must look like when you actually see someone on the street made up like that. It looks like they are all rejects from the cast of Cats. Enough already.

I've never seen it look good in person. It can look okay in pictures or for a nightclub look, but all these girls walking around daytime with a pound of banana powder under their eyes and stripes down the sides of their nose look ridiculous.

Edited by Tararayne
  • Love 2