Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: What Happens in San Diego…

• Start Topic

Scheana is advised by Lisa to invite Stassi and Katie to a bachelorette bash in Miami, leading to dramas. Meanwhile, the guys journey to a VIP weekend in San Diego, but Jax is accused of going too far during a boozy evening.

Scheana continues to annoy me with how she hands out party invites as if she's wielding great power. Methinks that the wedding has gone to her head. This is probably the first time that she's had friends or attention, so she's turned into a complete asshole about it. Inviting Shwartz and not Katie to her wedding was shady shade, but what got to me the most was how Scheana said that she would invite Katie to the bachelor(ette) party and if she "behaved" she could be invited to the wedding. Yeah, that's an invitation I would decline. As if everyone is just dying to go to Scheana's wedding no matter how much she insults them. Apparently no one was dying to go to the wedding judging by how Scheana had to invite a second string after the RSVP date had passed! Scheana is just little Ms. Manners isn't she? I would like to think that during that scene Lisa V realized that Scheana is not the put-upon victim she pretended to be last season. .

Stassi's birthday party- what a letdown. I was looking forward to something much more exciting. What's wrong Stassi? Did Bravo give your party budget to Scheana's wedding fund? No wonder Stassi is hating all things Scheana this year! I don't believe for a second that Stassi is "growing up". The only way that Stassi is growing up is by continuing to dress like a Golden Girl.

As far as the guy's trip to Miami...well, we all know how that's going to go. Much drinking and cheating that will provide for more storylines in the future. Haven't we been down this road about six times before? At least now we will actually get to see the trip where said cheating occurs. Jax continues to be a pathetic and sorry excuse for a man. I thought the scene with Jax lying about how he tweeted that he had coffee with Vail about summed up his character. At this point I will  judge anybody that continues to be close to him negatively. This means you Schwartz.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 6

Shay does seem like the most normal one on the show. Though if he were given more camera time he might reveal a different side. To think that I liked Shwartz before this season! The only thing I know about Scheana's husband is the tacky music video he made. No idea what he does for a living. Something with music maybe. At least no cheating scandals have been revealed between the two. That's refreshing.

Another cheating scandal about to ensue with Jax. Yawn.

• Love 2

I am pretty sure Shay is a music producer, although I don't think he works for a major label or anything where he'd be a big name in the industry. I have a friend who is and lives in LA, so I have been tempted to ask him....but at the same time I think I'd be embarrassed to admit I want to know because of VPR.

• Love 3

His label is called Superbox music. Seems they do have a few acts besides Scheana, but none of them ring any bells to me or seem like they've had a real big hit anywhere. I also tried to check their actual site (not FB or Twitter) and it's just an intro page with a logo. Lame! Makes me wonder if he doesn't have some regular job on the side that of course we don't see on VPR to keep the 'producer mystique' alive. He is probably a bartender too.

• Love 3

Shay does seem like the most normal one on the show. Though if he were given more camera time he might reveal a different side. To think that I liked Shwartz before this season! The only thing I know about Scheana's husband is the tacky music video he made. No idea what he does for a living. Something with music maybe. At least no cheating scandals have been revealed between the two. That's refreshing.

Another cheating scandal about to ensue with Jax. Yawn.

I think he's getting a "isn't a main cast member" personality bump. Given enough time all Bravolebrities make asses of themselves. Andy knows how to cast. Shay's mostly just there existing without being annoying. I'm sure if he was a main castmember he would bring his best douche with him. The one time I remember him doing anything he picked a fight with Schwartz because Katie and Scheena were fighting and then it turned into a brawl and then he spent the rest of the night sobbing on Scheena's shoulder. Pretty funny stuff, even Scheena was giving him a What The Fuck look over the drunken tears. He was full on girl-drink-drunk crying. At a bar. At his fiancé's 30th birthday party. Over a fight with Schwartz. Because Katie was being mean.

God I love these people and when I remember they're not college students but all hovering somewhere around 30 (or 50 if you're Jax or Kristen) I love them even more.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5

Schemer annoys me, but at this point  she's marrying the only seemingly normal guy on this show.

That's only because we haven't seen him much.

Shay's mostly just there existing without being annoying. I'm sure if he was a main castmember he would bring his best douche with him. The one time I remember him doing anything he picked a fight with Schwartz because Katie and Scheena were fighting and then it turned into a brawl and then he spent the rest of the night sobbing on Scheena's shoulder. Pretty funny stuff, even Scheena was giving him a What The Fuck look over the drunken tears. He was full on girl-drink-drunk crying. At a bar. At his fiancé's 30th birthday party. Over a fight with Schwartz. Because Katie was being mean.

I rest my case. ;-)

• Love 4

There is a right way to wear a cozy, oversized sweater and the way Lisa was wearing that dumpy red flag sweater wasn't it.  Never pair a slouchy sweater with too-tight white jeans.

Oh Ray Romano, a flat iron is not supposed to be used on wet hair!  Get a lesson from FI Tom please!

stASSi and bucktooth nutria rat Kristin can get off this show anytime, please!  stASSi claims she has a life, yet all she does is loiter around all the people she left her job to get away from.  "Oh I only want to surround myself with people I value..."  wah wah wah. 

Ariana is far too plain in looks to try to pull of wearing an ethnic print dress.  She just looked dumpy.  Her facial features are really unfortunate, like a cross rodent with a mental development disability.

I've never been on Kristen's side more!  I really want the truth about FI to come out and for her to get her vindication!

On another note, the commercial for Odd Mom Out with a woman sitting on the floor by a toilet eating cake off it made me retch and I hope they don't keep airing it.

• Love 5

I appreciated finally seeing the unraveling of a Jaxxing. First no memory of the incident, then some scant details, but only those that cast him in the best light, and finally a little closer to the truth once he realizes he's going to be busted. I imagine he'll finally admit the truth during the reunion.

You've got to give points to Kristen's krazy logic: outing Jax as a cheater means that Jax will out Tom cheating on Ariana.

I thought Scheana started her sit down with Stassi weak, but ended strong. Her coup about Katie coming to Miami and reducing Stassi's points to the stupid petty childish bullshit that it is was fantastic. Stassi, whose fabulous life has so much going on it that she spends all of her waking time with the losers who work at SUR, had nothing to say.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5

I am trying not to think about Jax and anything having to do with him from this episode...or, you know, ever. I'm worried that I will end up in a morgue with a toe tag that says COD: too much gross. The ultimate Jaxxing. No sir.

Also, even though my imaginary love affair with FI is over, his bandana to keep his hair from getting wet at the pool was too cute. It reminded me of my grandmother. Nana Esther approves, Tom!

Kristen's logic is warped but it looks like she's right -- next week Jax is threatening to spill the beans on Tom.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 9

How is it Easter Island Head has slept with 300 plus girls/women and not fathered any children? I'm sure the ones who sleep with him are not that bright, and clearly don't care much about their health if they're with him. I don't think for a second he would have used protection for even half of thse encounters.

Kristen's logic is warped but it looks like she's right -- next week Jax is threatening to spill the beans on Tom.

I certainly hope so! I can't wait to have the smug wiped off of Ariana's beady eyed face.

• Love 1

How is it Easter Island Head has slept with 300 plus girls/women and not fathered any children? I'm sure the ones who sleep with him are not that bright, and clearly don't care much about their health if they're with him. I don't think for a second he would have used protection for even half of thse encounters.

Didn't he get a stripper pregnant in Vegas and have to help her pay for the abortion in season 1. I'm thinking he's very lucky and has sperm that are just as dumb and inept as he is.

• Love 13

Blarghh. I was one of the few willing to defend Peter and his Ray Romano-sounding ass in the past (thanks to whoever pointed that out, making it impossible to unhear now) but he lost me with his club posturing. What a tool.

• Love 3

How big of a weenie is Tom Schwartz? I understand not being confrontational but I think he just uses that as an excuse to be spineless. Tell off Jax for attacking the woman you're supposedly in love with. Tell this same woman you received a wedding invitation in the mail. It's not that hard. I mean, I think he's cute but now knowing he's this helpless he's lost a lot of his luster.

Oh Flat Iron Tom. You suddenly have this moral repulsion when it comes to Jax? Where was this the bazillions of times he's done something disgusting and you didn't bat a mink eyelash? Give Peter some FI lessons and pipe down.

I honestly think Kristina is in love with Stassi. Katie just follows Stassi around because she's a beta female and needs a strong personality to guide her in life. She just swapped Stassi for Scheana.

• Love 4

Jax can make me stop drinking.  Ever again.  Gladly.  I'd throw out my Chardonney tonight if I didn't have to look at his greasy face and listen about him banging - something - every episode.  He needs a signature drink - "Penicillin Shooter" {it comes in a tall glass}.

• Love 7

Bear with me, as I decided to drink an entire fifth of Gray Goose in honor of this episode.

Loved Vail's dress at Stassi's "birthday party". All the coke-snorting must have done a body good. Runner-up for best outfit of the ep. goes to FI Tom. His San Diego resort wear was on point.

At this point Kristin is like a soap opera villain. "If FI Tom rats on Jax, Jax will expose FI Tom and then the truth will come out, Ariana will dump FI Tom, and Tom and I will spend our lives together forever in misery!" Sounds great. Use some of that power for good Kristin. On second thought, don't. I'm more entertained this way.

I don't understand Jax's parade of girlfriends at all. I mean did anyone think that there was a chance in hell that he wouldn't sleep with someone (anyone?) in San Diego? Seriously. He says he hates monogamy, then why attempt it? Why all these girlfriends? Stay single and bang your brains out! Jax is the real-life Barney Stinson minus the money or any redeeming qualities. Maybe that explains the terrible edit. Everything is being told from the viewpoint of Krazy Kristin and we're getting some kind of warped knockoff - "How I Met FI Tom." 

As far as the sit down between Stassi and Scheana went, I wouldn't mind if both of them walked off the show and never returned. Stassi at this point has nothing new to add except the dreadful Kristina, and Scheana is an intolerable tragedy of fashion. Stassi at least made me laugh with her line mocking Scheana's headband. Scheana only offended me with her "you don't have many friends" comment. Hits too close to home Scheana!

As a bonus this episode gave me the term "bootleg chick" to add to my vocabulary. What's not to love about that?

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 5
Inviting Shwartz and not Katie to her wedding was shady shade, but what got to me the most was how Scheana said that she would invite Katie to the bachelor(ette) party and if she "behaved" she could be invited to the wedding. Yeah, that's an invitation I would decline. As if everyone is just dying to go to Scheana's wedding no matter how much she insults them.

That had to be THE most fuckin' insulting invitation I've ever heard.  Don't get me wrong -- I totally luved it.  But could Tequila/Motorboatin' Katie be any more of a loser for accepting it  . .  and as quickly as she did?  Oh T/M Katie -- girl, sometimes ya really make me chortle.  Maybe I haven't gotten around enough, but I've never actually heard of anyone who'd have the colossal nerve & gall to invite half of a couple to a wedding.  What in the fuckety fuck?  Who would do that?  Well, I guess Scheana.  And it seemed like the only reason she bothered to invite Katie is cuz La Pump pretty much ordered her to.  Sweet.

Did I see Peter using a flat iron, on his WET HAIR?!

I saw it too!  Oh my, was Sandoval nearby?  He'd know for sure that's a definite no-no.  Why'd Peter even bother with a flat iron?  He always ties his hair back in that dopey pony tail.

I don't understand Jax's parade of girlfriends at all.

Me neither.  WTF is with this idiot Tiffany chick?  She pretty much set him up to go chasing after other chicks.  She must be some moron. 

Stassi's birthday party- what a letdown.

Er, what the hell is going on here?  What the what???  She really doesn't want to spend 3 months celebrating her birthday?  In fact, she hardly wants to celebrate it at all.  Er, huh?  OK, I have a few theories.  Given the "suburban mom" way she's dressing this season & now this thing with not caring about her birthday -- I think either ghost Patrick has replaced the real Stassi with a robot -- Stepford Wife-style or Stassi has been replaced by a pod person like in Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.  Gotta be one of those 2.

Oh Flat Iron Tom. You suddenly have this moral repulsion when it comes to Jax?

I got the impression FI has been waiting for the right op to get even with Jax & this was it.  FI seemed pretty gleeful to me in sticking it to Jax.  Me liked it.

Btw, Kristen needs subtitles & her own recap cuz I didn't know wtf she was talkin' bout & I didn't really care.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

At this point Kristin is like a soap opera villain. "If FI Tom rats on Jax, Jax will expose FI Tom and then the truth will come out, Ariana will dump FI Tom, and Tom and I will spend our lives together forever in misery!" Sounds great. Use some of that power for good Kristin. On second thought, don't. I'm more entertained this way.

Kristin is showing a level of long-term thinking that I did not think any of these people were capable; as a rubbernecker driving by these turds I say, "Go Kristin, go!"

• Love 9

Wow, I am shocked. Literally gobsmacked. It was Stassi's birthday and they just went for a simple wine tasting/dinner? She only mentioned it being her birthday like once? What is going on here??? Like Stassi herself pondered, is this a sign she's growing up??? 

No. It's a sign that since she's no longer a major cast member production wasn't going to pay tons of money to ship everyone to Mexico for her birthday. Here, Stassi, you old hag - you just get a little dinner with your backup set of peons. Carry on. 

The girl really is so pathetic, and she doesn't even see it. She's all concerned about what group/path Vail picks at SUR, saying she should pick HER (Stassi's) path - YOU.DON'T.WORK.AT.SUR!!!! It wouldn't be a big deal if she was still friends with Katie and Christina and therefore appeared with them sometimes, but either haul your ass back to that shithole, or quit trying to act like you're the star of the show. 

I thought it was hilarious that Scheana invited Schwartz to all of her wedding festivities and not Katie. So I was summarily disappointed when she decided to be the bigger person and extend the invite to ol Motorboat Maloney anyhow. Oh well, I guess maybe I can get some fun out of watching Stassi implode as her BFF switches sides? 

Was that a Mini Cooper that all the boys piled into for their trip to San Diego? That car must have STUNK. 

I just don't get that trip. Why on earth would someone's girlfriend arrange for them to go stay at a hotel where a bunch of parties and willing chicks would be? If a guys trip was in order, why not go camping or something? Okay, with this group of dudes it would have to be glamping.....but seriously. That was like the WORST environment for a group with THREE coupled up dudes. Jax can lose me with his whining about how hard, unnatural, unfair monogamy is. Hey, dude, you are under no obligation to BE in a monogamous relationship. If you don't think you're cut out for it, and clearly you're not, just be open and honest and tell girls - because there are still plenty of girls who will want to bang you, because clearly they are deaf and blind and drunk beyond all limits. 

Then the next morning, we have FI Tom pouting on the side of the couch, refusing to even LOOK at Jax, like a petulant five-year-old - hands down, funniest scene of this season! He was all, "Oh no, You're not going to cheat on vacation and get away with it, when you've ratted all the rest of us out!" He wasn't mad that Jax hurt Tiffany and generally acted like a degenerate asshat, he was just pissed at the idea that Jax might get away with it when he and Tom 2.0 both had to pay for their out-of-town sins. 

I loved how Schwartz was very sure to point out that random girl's "puking" noises sounded an awful lot like sex noises. What's the point of feigning drunknesia anyhow, Jax? It's all on camera. I do think Schwartz would have his back, though. It seems like Jax may still have dirt on Schwartz that he hasn't released yet. Because ol cockatoo head looked like he was ready to cry when FI threatened to tell Tiffany. How sad - to have your friendship held together because you don't want one of the others to "tell on" you. 

• Love 12
Didn't he get a stripper pregnant in Vegas and have to help her pay for the abortion in season 1. I'm thinking he's very lucky and has sperm that are just as dumb and inept as he is.

Now I'm picturing a Family Guy-esque cartoon, with Jax's sperm rushing around, bumping into each other, and not being able to find the egg to save their lives. 

• Love 3

Now I'm picturing a Family Guy-esque cartoon, with Jax's sperm rushing around, bumping into each other, and not being able to find the egg to save their lives. 

I thought that's what we were watching?

• Love 1

I enjoyed how Stassi was making fun of Scheana's turban, all while sitting across from her dressed like Barbara Bush. Wearing her favorite color, even, powder blue!

Jax eating is something I never need to see again. Hunched over, arms on the table, eating with his mouth open, and tonguing his food around to get it off his teeth. What a dreamboat!

Oh, Schwartzy, how I loved you. But you are only a very, very, very pretty face on top of a dim, dull, cowardly man. I will miss you always.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 8

The Jax story line is making me think this is so scripted. Not that I didn't think so before--and not that I believe he's not big dumb cheating dope--but it's really sticking out more here. Like, even a 19-year-old frat boy would realize he's been caught before and at least TRY to be sneakier about it (or, god forbid, learn to stick to one-night-stands already). Plus, he's been called out for lies so often already in every season. 

That said, the whole intra-"office" dating and drama reminds me of when I worked at a big bookstore (one of the first gigantic ones with a cafe and all that, open until 11pm), and all of us were young and cute and probably acting the same way, to my embarrassment. 

I just don't get that trip. Why on earth would someone's girlfriend arrange for them to go stay at a hotel where a bunch of parties and willing chicks would be?

I would, if I were in a position that would help them. But my BF--a working musician who sometimes travels--isn't remotely like Jax and would never cheat, but there are willing people everywhere if one is the type to encourage them. There was a time I bristled a little bit at ladies sending him shots and then hovering around the stage, but whatever, man; can't blame a chick for thinking he's cute (and it's not like he gets up there and proclaims his taken-ness into the mic)...and our mortgage doesn't get paid as easily if people don't want to see whichever one of his bands is playing (or, apparently, appearing to need drinks, which, incidentally, are often free for the band anyway).

I saw it too!  Oh my, was Sandoval nearby?  He'd know for sure that's a definite no-no.  Why'd Peter even bother with a flat iron?  He always ties his hair back in that dopey pony tail.

It's not a no-no; I have one that's made for it too. They look the same, of course, and work OK enough--though these people are probably more skilled about it than I am.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

I enjoyed how Stassi was making fun of Scheana's turban, all while sitting across from her dressed like Barbara Bush. Wearing her favorite color, even, powder blue!

Jax eating is something I never need to see again. Hunched over, arms on the table, eating with his mouth open, and tonguing his food around to get it off his teeth. What a dreamboat!

Oh, Schwartzy, how I loved you. But you are only a very, very, very pretty face on top of a dim, dull, cowardly man. I will miss you always.

This! All of it. 

• Love 4

LOL! Stassi's hair and wardrobe have really looked like shit this season. But omg, Schean's Ms. Cleo turban really takes the cake. "Call me nah! I can predict that your hairdressah hates yah!"

I hope Tiffany dumped Jax's cheating ass for good after that phone call. Or, at the very least, after

seeing this episode. He's gross.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5

The girl really is so pathetic, and she doesn't even see it. She's all concerned about what group/path Vail picks at SUR, saying she should pick HER (Stassi's) path - YOU.DON'T.WORK.AT.SUR!!!!

Was it this week StASSi also shamelessly bragged about teaching the new hires how to steal drinks from SUR while working?

It looks like Swartz is kissing up to Jax, cause Jax totally has dirt on him and FI Tom.  Looks like next week Jax blabs.  I LOL when Jax swore up and down that he told Tiffany what happened complete with her responses, yet as soon as he got in the car he called her and covered his ass in case Flat Iron talks.  Ha!!

Stassi's hypocrisy pissed me off a few episodes ago when she was laughing at Jax's nose job.  Well  she did it again when making fun of Scheana's "second tier" wedding guests.  Did Stassi forget she invited a bunch of second tier guests to Vegas for her birthday???  I'll never forget her fighting with her besties (at the time) Kristen and Katie, but alas, drinks were thrown, words were exchanged, she ditched them, and had breakfast with a brand new group of friends.  

I love the Barbara Bush wardrobe comparison.  Seriously, what in the fresh hell is going on with her "style" this year? She always looked so cute in past seasons!  

Was Jax trying to recreate the morning after scene from The Hangover?  I almost expected a baby and a Bengal tiger to be in their hotel room.  Love the editing when he protested, "I didn't have girls over last night!" Cut to him partying with about 6 women. 

• Love 5
Didn't Tom say as much earlier?

Yea, he said something in a TH about Jax still having more he could blab about him. And, like I said before, his eyes looked positively petrified when the other Tom was huffing and puffing about cluing Tiffany in on what happened. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense as to why Schwartz keeps being nice to Jax, despite how nasty the grease bucket has been to his girlfriend. Jax must have some serious dirt on Schwartzy - if whatever he could say would make her even MORE mad than she already is about the Tom-Jax situation.

That or they are smart to realize that revealing Jax to be the father of their child isn't a prize. Jax isn't some billionaire business tycoon or well-known athlete/actor. But then again, they can't be that smart if they slept with Jax.

Edited by Chrissytd

Was Jax trying to recreate the morning after scene from The Hangover?  I almost expected a baby and a Bengal tiger to be in their hotel room.  Love the editing when he protested, "I didn't have girls over last night!" Cut to him partying with about 6 women. 

YES! I was fully expecting him to be missing a tooth for some reason.

I forget what FI Tom called the girl that Jax (supposedly) hooked up with, but for her sake I hope it isn't true that they hooked up.  I would not want to be watching the show and find out that I was the fugliest girl in the room (in FI Tom's opinion, who, let's face it, was with Kristin for years so he isn't the greatest judge of looks).

How come they never show Petah up to any shenanigans?