Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: What Happens in San Diego…

• Start Topic

Could've used more Kristin, but the episode didn't disappoint. Oh, how these idiots entertain me.

I was one of the few willing to defend Peter and his Ray Romano-sounding ass in the past (thanks to whoever pointed that out, making it impossible to unhear now) but he lost me with his club posturing.

That dancing or whatever he was attempting was lame. However, that spin move by FI Tom was everything.

I don't even care if it's true or not, but I need to know what "weird shit" (per Kristin) FI Tom did in Miami.

• Love 2

I think Jax is very unattractive. In my opinion there's nothing good looking about him at all.

The rest of them are ok but I think Jax is ugly.

I agree. Even if you take what you know about him away, he's still sweating looking at all times. His face when he was lying by the pool looked super bloated. There is nothing I like about him at all. The others are ok but nothing to write home about. Peter flat ironing his hair was a huge turn off for me. I don't mind a well groomed man but I don't want to see one with a flat iron in his hand unless he's my hairstylist. 

I don't think Tom is as over Kristen as he pretends to me. They had a love/hate relationship & were co-dependent on each other. If he didn't care about her he would not care so much about James, he would be more likely to be happy that she was his problem now. I feel like he still would jump Kristen if he could. They have that chemistry that I don't see with Ariana. James is nothing more than a rebound, rub it in your face boyfriend for Kristen. I don't see them lasting as she's 31 he's like 23. I feel bad for him to a point too.

I tried to like Ariana but I can't. She not only did hook up with Tom, she lied multiple times to Kristen's face about it, even lied to her BFF Scheana who in turn stood up for her. She now plays the "I'm cooler than you girl". Plus, let's not forget the "I'm prettier than her" comment & the "Tom did you a favor by dating you" comment.

Lastly, Stassi. No one loves Stassi more than Stassi. I would never be friends with someone who constantly put down my job & acted better than me because they moved away for an entire 6 months. Stassi is so mature & above Sur but is so worried about whose friends with who & who like who. Why would you care what your co-workers did if you no longer worked there & are so mature? Her inviting Vaile to her party was odd, it's like she's keeping tabs on her to make sure she's on her side & doesn't sleep with Jax.

One more note...do they get paid for saying the word "bang"? They say it so many times per episode, drives me nuts.

• Love 5

I agree. Even if you take what you know about him away, he's still sweating looking at all times. His face when he was lying by the pool looked super bloated. There is nothing I like about him at all. The others are ok but nothing to write home about. Peter flat ironing his hair was a huge turn off for me. I don't mind a well groomed man but I don't want to see one with a flat iron in his hand unless he's my hairstylist. 

I don't think Tom is as over Kristen as he pretends to me. They had a love/hate relationship & were co-dependent on each other. If he didn't care about her he would not care so much about James, he would be more likely to be happy that she was his problem now. I feel like he still would jump Kristen if he could. They have that chemistry that I don't see with Ariana. James is nothing more than a rebound, rub it in your face boyfriend for Kristen. I don't see them lasting as she's 31 he's like 23. I feel bad for him to a point too.

I tried to like Ariana but I can't. She not only did hook up with Tom, she lied multiple times to Kristen's face about it, even lied to her BFF Scheana who in turn stood up for her. She now plays the "I'm cooler than you girl". Plus, let's not forget the "I'm prettier than her" comment & the "Tom did you a favor by dating you" comment.

Lastly, Stassi. No one loves Stassi more than Stassi. I would never be friends with someone who constantly put down my job & acted better than me because they moved away for an entire 6 months. Stassi is so mature & above Sur but is so worried about whose friends with who & who like who. Why would you care what your co-workers did if you no longer worked there & are so mature? Her inviting Vaile to her party was odd, it's like she's keeping tabs on her to make sure she's on her side & doesn't sleep with Jax.

One more note...do they get paid for saying the word "bang"? They say it so many times per episode, drives me nuts.

So many things about this post I wanted to comment on!

Just wanted to add an "outsider's" perspective. As I probably mentioned, I watched this episode with someone who doesn't normally watch the show. I explained the group dynamics, and his take was that FI Tom was mad about Jax sleeping with Bootleg because he had unresolved issues with Jax sleeping with his then-girlfriend Krazy Kristin. I'm not sure if I agree with this. However I do find it odd to be friends with someone who slept with your girlfriend while you were in the next room! Sometimes for whatever reason FI Tom looks at Jax like he hates him, and I think it came to a head* during this episode. I strongly agree with the comment earlier in this thread  that the Toms are only friends with Jax because they're afraid he will reveal their secrets.

Lots of banging in bathrooms going on. It seems that these fools get so drunk that they think they can get away with sexing up a bootleg in the bathroom away from the cameras. Though I do wonder how they would have shown the sex if FI Tom hadn't gone all emo and outed Jax. A camera shot on a closed door and some moaning? Could easily be explained away by Jax. Sadly these guys are not too worried about their girlfriends finding out because they know that their girlfriends are desperate to stay with them/believe them.

Kristin and Tom did look like drug addicts last season. Kristin is looking better this season, IMO. Whether that's from being away from Tom or learning what looks best on camera who knows.

Regarding Scheana's party invite to Katie- why is Scheana mad at Katie? Can anyone refresh my memory? I haven't said enough times how much Scheana's head bopping and vocal acrobatics annoy me. I normally love it when girls wear crazy weird accessories and outfits, but Scheana's don't do it for me. Scheana's head scarf was about on par with Ariana's galaxy print pants as far as crimes against fashion go.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 1

So many things about this post I wanted to comment on!

Just wanted to add an "outsider's" perspective. As I probably mentioned, I watched this episode with someone who doesn't normally watch the show. I explained the group dynamics, and his take was that FI Tom was mad about Jax sleeping with Bootleg because he had unresolved issues with Jax sleeping with his then-girlfriend Krazy Kristin. I'm not sure if I agree with this. However I do find it odd to be friends with someone who slept with your girlfriend while you were in the next room! Sometimes for whatever reason FI Tom looks at Jax like he hates him, and I think it came to a head* during this episode. I strongly agree with the comment earlier in this thread that the Toms are only friends with Jax because they're afraid he will reveal their secrets.

Lots of banging in bathrooms going on. It seems that these fools get so drunk that they think they can get away with sexing up a bootleg in the bathroom away from the cameras. Though I do wonder how they would have shown the sex if FI Tom hadn't gone all emo and outed Jax. A camera shot on a closed door and some moaning? Could easily be explained away by Jax. Sadly these guys are not too worried about their girlfriends finding out because they know that their girlfriends are desperate to stay with them/believe them.

Kristin and Tom did look like drug addicts last season. Kristin is looking better this season, IMO. Whether that's from being away from Tom or learning what looks best on camera who knows.

Regarding Scheana's party invite to Katie- why is Scheana mad at Katie? Can anyone refresh my memory? I haven't said enough times how much Scheana's head bopping and vocal acrobatics annoy me. I normally love it when girls wear crazy weird accessories and outfits, but Scheana's don't do it for me. Scheana's head scarf was about on par with Ariana's galaxy print pants as far as crimes against fashion go.

I have never, not even once, understood what Scheena is mad at someone about. And as I have said before, the crazy part is she has usually been given legitimate reason to dislike someone, but then she'll go off on these nonsensical flights of mean girl fancy about not call her when she was sick or not being happy enough for her engagement. She's like Yo on RHBH in that way. They both choose to pick fights over the most asinine shit and ignore real grievances. I think the real reason she's mad at Katie is that Katie was a raging bitch to her all last season. She says she's mad at Katie because Katie won't stand up to Stassi. What she is supposed to be standing up to Stassi about is unclear.

FI Tom continues to creep me out. He still looks like he's using some sort of recreational substance on the regular. I wouldn't be surprised if proof of hard core drug use is what Jax has on him. I will never get over his behavior last season. Yes Kristen is a nut job, but he and Aireana lied to her face all last season and then tried to make it her fault that they had to. To quote Stassi "You're such a bad person"

• Love 1

Thanks FozzyBear! I was wondering if I had missed something. I have so little memory of last season.  As I recall, Katie, Stassi, and Kristin made snarky comments about Scheana all last season. And if I remember correctly, Scheana made nasty comments about tequila Katie as well. It just doesn't make sense to me that Scheana is fine with Kristin and not fine with Katie. I don't remember Katie saying anything truly irredeemable about Scheana, she just followed Stassi's lead and laughed at Stassi's jokes. Certainly nothing that would warrant inviting her significant other and not her to a wedding. Loved that Tom Schwartz called Tequilla Katie "the bigger person" for accepting the invite and Scheana called herself  "the bigger person" for extending the invite-which Scheana did after she invited Schwartz only, and after Lisa told her that that was not okay, and after Scheana stipulated that Katie would have to behave to get a further invite to her wedding, so that this invite was more like a test. I can't stand this "bigger person" thing. It's okay for someone to call you "the bigger person". IMO It's not okay to call yourself "the bigger person". A truly bigger person would just do the right thing and not have to remind everyone how they were the "bigger person" in the scenario.

FI Tom just doesn't look healthy to me either. There's a glow that's missing from his face. He also looked very thin during the spray tan. I'm sure he's naturally thin, but he may have to work a little bit to stay that thin.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 1

Thanks FozzyBear! I was wondering if I had missed something. I have so little memory of last season. As I recall, Katie, Stassi, and Kristin made snarky comments about Scheana all last season. And if I remember correctly, Scheana made nasty comments about tequila Katie as well. It just doesn't make sense to me that Scheana is fine with Kristin and not fine with Katie. I don't remember Katie saying anything truly irredeemable about Scheana, she just followed Stassi's lead and laughed at Stassi's jokes.

I think it's a situation of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Kristin had NO friends left at SUR. Scheana only had a couple of friends left. But they could both bond over being hurt by Stassi. Then Katie got frozen out just because she remained friends with Stassi, even after she moved to NY. I think it's the same reason why Scheana and Jax are suddenly friends, too. I don't recall them being friends before, but now Scheana is BFFs with the guys, and Jax can't stand Katie either because she's Stassi's puppet, according to Jax. I know Stassi talks a big game about ruling the roost and controlling the cool kids clique. But apparently she truly does if she was still able to have this much of an impact on these lunkheads all the way from the opposite coast.

• Love 1

From what I've read, Scheana is not happy with Stassi because she feels like Stassi was a fake friend to her. My memory is shot, but remember early on when Stassi had a falling out with Katie and Kristen? She all of a sudden buddied up to Scheana and they were hanging out a lot. Scheana may have been very naive, but I do believe she thought they had become genuine friends. After the girls made up and Stassi no longer needed her, she just kind of dropped Scheana. She realized how fake Stassi was and could just never really trust her again. And I guess she just slots Katie into that "you are the company you keep" zone or something. 

I'm not saying Scheana is a total angel or can't be totally petty about stuff, but I think that's what's at the core of it. She knows Stassi is a mean girl who will use you and toss you aside and there's just really no point in trying with her. She'll cut ANYONE.

• Love 2

I saw some of Schwartzies modeling photo's. (you just have to google him). He is a gorgeous model. He's also 6'2, I just love me a tall man! He just needs to keep his mouth shut cause he really is dumb as a box of rocks.

Awwww, I like Schwartzie. To me he has this sort of innocence about him. I hate that he has a "friend" like Jax who would throw him under a bus at a moments notice because he thinks he knows what and who is best for Tom. Jax needs to fix his own miserable, banging anything that breathes his way, life and grow up!

BTW, do any of you think they will find someone to play Stassi's imaginary boyfriend before this season is over?

• Love 3

From what I've read, Scheana is not happy with Stassi because she feels like Stassi was a fake friend to her. My memory is shot, but remember early on when Stassi had a falling out with Katie and Kristen? She all of a sudden buddied up to Scheana and they were hanging out a lot. Scheana may have been very naive, but I do believe she thought they had become genuine friends. After the girls made up and Stassi no longer needed her, she just kind of dropped Scheana. She realized how fake Stassi was and could just never really trust her again. And I guess she just slots Katie into that "you are the company you keep" zone or something.

I'm not saying Scheana is a total angel or can't be totally petty about stuff, but I think that's what's at the core of it. She knows Stassi is a mean girl who will use you and toss you aside and there's just really no point in trying with her. She'll cut ANYONE.

I'll just start this by saying on some weird visceral level Scheena irritates me and Stassi doesn't. Totally irrational and I am in no way trying to say that I think Stassi is a better person or in the right or anything like that. It's almost a physical reaction like how I love lemon as a flavor but orange makes me gag. Makes no sense and in no way makes lemon a superior citrus, just is what it is. So anywho. I agree with you that Scheena feeling betrayed by Stassi (I snort because these people feel betrayed by so much shit) is probably part of Scheena's issue with Katie and I'm sure Stassi probably cooled on their friendship at some point for pretty selfish reasons. HOWEVER, Scheena seems like an absolutely exhausting friend. For all of her Guys Girl bullshit she always seems to need such a truckload of attention and accolades and gets so butt-hurt when she feels slighted. Her running list of grievances against Stassi is pretty hilariously petty. I think one is that Stassi wasn't excited enough about being a bridesmaid, like she was excited but had not reached a proper "up to 11" level of excited. I'm not sure I could meet Scheena's exacting standards of supportive friendship and I'm not a self centered bitch like Stassi.

The rest of them are ok but I think Jax is ugly.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not comfortable calling anyone outright "ugly". Seems amazingly cruel. But maybe it's just me. Everyone does have feelings -- even Jax, but some seem to forget that, I suppose. Now if you're referring to his personality -- or his looks & personality combined, I'd agree. I just wouldn't say that or post it on here.

So was Scheana wearing a turban? I thought it just looked like a very wide headband -- sorta like the what "mod" gals in the '60's wore. It looked kinda cute to me. Maybe it's a trend Scheana was tryin' to work? Hey, at least she's tryin' to work some trends. Stassi is only 26, but she's dressing like she's 66. There's gotta be a reason for it. Maybe this is an effort to get ghost Patrick to marry her -- if she dresses all tasteful suburban mom.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 3

Was it ever explained how Scheana and Carmen know each other? I know that Jax brought Carmen to Scheana's birthday, but I didn't realize that the two were actually good friends, or at least friendly enough for Scheana to invite Carmen to her shower. (This is surprising to me particularly because Carmen is a college student and so much younger than everyone else on this show, and even more so because Carmen seems so much more put together than any of these clowns).

Edited by AnnieBananie

Was it ever explained how Scheana and Carmen know each other? I know that Jax brought Carmen to Scheana's birthday, but I didn't realize that the two were actually good friends, or at least friendly enough for Scheana to invite Carmen to her shower. (This is surprising to me particularly because Carmen is a college student and so much younger than everyone else on this show, and even more so because Carmen seems so much more put together than any of these clowns).

Carmen is friends with Scheana. They explained that that's how Jax met her, and it was convenient to date someone in the friend group. But I don't know how Carmen and Scheana became friends.

I thought Lisa looked so good in her sweater when she made tea and didn't want to. I think she is gorgeous but I grow weary of always seeing her cleavage. She can rock a white button up like nobody's business and wish she'd dress that way more often.

If Jax girlfriend indeed hooked that weekend up, she's stupid. That's like laying out ten fat lines to a coke user and leaving the room saying "enjoy, but don't snort that". I'm not mitigating Jax behavior at all, but she's trying to be Arianna cool levels if she really did orchestrate that weekend.

I also learned that a wedding invite doesn't imply a plus one or guest.

• Love 2

Carmen is friends with Scheana. They explained that that's how Jax met her, and it was convenient to date someone in the friend group. But I don't know how Carmen and Scheana became friends.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks, JenE4.

Also, I did think it was classy of Scheana (two words I never thought I'd use in one sentence) to try to make amends with Katie and Stassi. Katie, at least, seems worth the effort. Stassi just sucks.

Edited by AnnieBananie

Just was telling a friend of mine about Vail (er, nobody I know watches these chucklefucks, so I gotta explain & lemme tell ya, it's made for great party conversations). Anyhoo, I was telling my friend how sad I thought it must be for poor Vail -- going from featured actress on a soap to working at a hostess stand in some tacky tourist joint in LA.

My friend said that at many high-end joints a hostess gig is well paid & coveted & they actually wield some power. I'm skeptical. Could this be true? It doesn't sound at all like what Vail is going thru. Vail's hostess gig doesn't look glam in da least. So if I went over to SUR tonite, would I be greeted at the hostess stand by Vail? Gosh, I would so want to offer her my sympathies, but of course, I never would. Maybe someone could offer her a muffin basket or maybe one of those soap baskets. Well, she is getting close to Jax, so soap would come in handy.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Definitely the hostess wields power. They can slam you or not seat anyone for you or give you crap customers. I hostessed and remember all the waitresses tipping me well because I didn't do this or that or gave them that fat cat who dropped a few hundred in tip.

• Love 1

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not comfortable calling anyone outright "ugly". Seems amazingly cruel. But maybe it's just me. Everyone does have feelings -- even Jax, but some seem to forget that, I suppose. Now if you're referring to his personality -- or his looks & personality combined, I'd agree. I just wouldn't say that or post it on here.

You are probably right. However, I do find Jax to be so unattractive not only in looks but in personality and being a shitty friend and boyfriend as well. The him that he shows on this reality show is horrid to me. I didn't watch this show from the beginning and I tuned in when Stassi was rejecting him and he went and got her name tattooed on his person and I felt sorry for him (not really knowing what he had done to make her hate him so). I know he would never be a friend of mines and if f1 Tom can forgive him and be friendly with him then why not be friendly to Kristen as well. Both were guilty of betraying him. PS why do u guys call him F1? Although the way Tom is acting because Jax betrayed Tiff, doesn't seem like he really has forgiven Jax. I sense deep resentment. And I have veered completely off the topic so off to take a nap and worry about my own life. LOL

One other thing I noticed bout Stassi's birthday this year is she didn't mention her age. Hmmm, in fact, NOBODY mentioned her age. Well, last year she turned 25, so guess we can assume she's now 26, eh? And when the show started, she went on & on & on bout how Jax was 10 years older than her. So Jax must now be 36. OK then.

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense why FI Tom is still friends with Jax, despite being screwed over by him many times. He still doesn't strike me as especially bright, so maybe that could explain it? I'm sorta surprised that sometimes FI Tom seems articulate. Er, huh? Could they be feeding him lines to recite? Wouldn't surprise me if dat's what's really goin' on.

Btw, he's FI Tom, cuz of his luv for his flat iron. They showed the first ep of the show yesterday & it was pretty hilarious to hear him go on bout his flat iron. He spoke more passionately about his flat iron than I've ever heard him speak of Kristen or Ariana or anyone. Dude is truly in luv with his flat iron.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Just caught up on this series while recovering from pneumonia. How I have developed so many thoughts based off a show based on so few is either genius of LV or my meds are just that good. If you're interested..

While Stassi and Jax seem grossly hateful at times, I find their unwillingness to seek approval and people please refreshing. One may also call it narcissistic irl but it makes for entertaining television. 

Kristen's mental health seems to be heading downward fast. It almost feels wrong to watch. Almost.   

Ariana and Tom win the award for most delusional for trying to come of as "above it all" If it's not an act, this is Bravo, where nobody likes a smug bitch. That goes for you too Scheaner. The other Tom is adorable but more so when he doesn't talk. 

Everyone but Kristen, Jax, and Tom could be replaced and it would make no difference to me, although I think this show hit it's peak towards the end of last season. It would really surprise me if most the cast weren't on some hard core drugs.  I have worked as a bartender in upscale bars in much smaller cities for years and it's been the same story every time. Late nights, cocaine, liquor, and infidelity fueled the majority of the staff on and off the clock. 

• Love 4

Ariana and Tom win the award for most delusional for trying to come of as "above it all" If it's not an act, this is Bravo, where nobody likes a smug bitch. That goes for you too Scheaner. The other Tom is adorable but more so when he doesn't talk.

Yess this.

Dear Ari cause I know you're the type to troll yourself while pretending not to care what anyone thinks. The too cool for school vibe does NOT make for good television. It's not entertaining, funny, or something to relate to because your delivery seems forced and disingenuous. Kristen is not a good look, but the wannabe, calm, and collected anti Kristen is much worse.

Edited by OnceSane
fixed quote tags
  • Love 1

Ariana's smugness really bugs.  Plus, I'm not sure I'm buying her support of FI Tom's . . .  er, metro-sexuality.  She seems to luv to watch him tanning & flat ironing & putting makeup on.  Well, but then again, if a gal is gonna be with FI Tom, she does have to luv this stuff, right?  So does Ariana really luv dat bout FI Tom or is she just playing along with the script for the cam?  I haven't a clue.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Um, I don't know much bout wedding invitations, but I thought Scheana's looked cute.  Reminded me of something my sis just made up for my nephew's 8th birthday party.  OK, maybe it was kinda tacky, but so what?  Scheana is tacky.  Hey, more fun for us to snark on.  What's the harm anyway?  Why it such a big sin & a horror to Stassi to not be tasteful? 

VP rules is tacky! Scheaner with her gold lame shorts, wood chipper singles, eyelashes, and tears, FI Tom's spray tans, special FI, forehead waxing, and facial expressions, Katie's desperation to marry Tom 2 with his inability to function as a "gwown up", 46 year old unemployed Stassi pretending she's a princess at her old place of employment all Lilo style, Jax Jaxing, and Kristen Peter Panning around with a vendetta and a baby Muppet that just won't quit. And I love every snarky second of it!  

There's a theme here Ari, and one of these things just doesn't belong here. It's you! Here's the thing,  either you're hanging out with these monkeys cause you wanna be on tv or you're hiding yo cwazy! Now make like Kamikaze Kristin and get tacky or get out!

• Love 1

Just was telling a friend of mine about Vail (er, nobody I know watches these chucklefucks, so I gotta explain & lemme tell ya, it's made for great party conversations). Anyhoo, I was telling my friend how sad I thought it must be for poor Vail -- going from featured actress on a soap to working at a hostess stand in some tacky tourist joint in LA.

My friend said that at many high-end joints a hostess gig is well paid & coveted & they actually wield some power. I'm skeptical. Could this be true? It doesn't sound at all like what Vail is going thru. Vail's hostess gig doesn't look glam in da least. So if I went over to SUR tonite, would I be greeted at the hostess stand by Vail? Gosh, I would so want offer her my sympathies, but of course, I never would. Maybe someone could offer her a muffin basket or maybe one of those soap baskets. Well, she is getting close to Jax, so soap would come in handy.

Ask Sonja on RHoNY.  That's how she snagged Mr. Morgan.

• Love 2

Um, I don't know much bout wedding invitations, but I thought Scheana's looked cute.  Reminded me of something my sis just made up for my nephew's 8th birthday party.  OK, maybe it was kinda tacky, but so what?  Scheana is tacky.  Hey, more fun for us to snark on.  What's the harm anyway?  Why it such a big sin & a horror to Stassi to not be tasteful?

I thought StASSi's reaction was more tacky than the card itself.
  • Love 1