Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

On 4/20/2019 at 5:29 PM, dahling said:

I don’t make a habit of clicking obvious spam email, but my finger accidentally grazed my iPhone screen, bringing up the following image. When I saw it I was so confused. Dottie? What are you doing here in my junk mail?

Now she’s “Don’s Wife”. 😂

458F05EC-0D5E-4D12-8734-5F323E383BCA.jpeg

I'm always tempted, but avoid.  
I see ad for tumeric curing cancer, vinegar for a lot of cures.

Would someone please explain why so many packages of croutons give the calorie count as two tablespoons = 35 calories?  They aren't liquid.  Can no one at the crouton factory count?   PF tells me 55 goldfish=140 calories.  Now I know neither product is on the Dr. Now approved food list, but I am not on the show.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 4/23/2019 at 9:25 AM, nokat said:

I can't have the parmesan goldies in the house. So good. 

They leap into my grocery cart when I am not looking.  And two packages of Milano chocolate cookies ( mint and sea salt varieties) joined them as they were BOGOs.  

I am doing a girl's night out so I will probably miss the live chat 😢

• Love 1

When the new show description showed up,  all I could think of with a name like Cilla, was Cilla Black, a famous female Brit who started in Beatles' era Liverpool and had a long career in the entertainment world.  I'm curious, like someone above mentioned, the actual pronunciation.

• Love 3

Have none of these poundtestants (that's the term, right?) ever noticed that on their beloved fast food menus there are HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES? I can't think of one burger chain that does not offer some sort of salad. And, guess what else? It is not mandatory to order the biggest burger, or the most heavily decorated burger, or a whole bag full of burgers.

I am shaking my head so hard I just might induce whiplash. And I'll just bet Dr. Now has come close to doing the same, a time or two.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ShortyMac said:

Same, along with Cheez-its, Hot Cheetos, and Wheat Thins. 

It's good that you don't work at my company.  We have all of these available in our snack center.  One of my newer colleagues ate 17 snacks between breakfast and lunch one day.  

• LOL 1
On 4/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, JunkFoodTV said:
On 4/26/2019 at 10:20 PM, mmecorday said:

I call this "My 600-pound Still Life" 😄

My six hundred pound redo.png

Where's the fraaaaad rice?

And the dozen donuts and 2 large pizzas?

• LOL 2
On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 7:20 PM, mmecorday said:

I call this "My 600-pound Still Life" 😄

:D Snacks that are sure to make you gain 30 lbs when you're on Dr. Now's 1200 calorie diet. I just bought grapes, should I be worried?

After reading about PF goldfish, and croutons, I'm seriously considering using parmesan goldfish as a crouton substitute on my salad. Sounds poundicipant worthy, doesn't it? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, nokat said:

😄 Snacks that are sure to make you gain 30 lbs when you're on Dr. Now's 1200 calorie diet. I just bought grapes, should I be worried?

Didn't we decide that the grapes were responsible for a Pounditicipant's gallstones? Can't remember her name. She's the one who described her eating habit as grapes and I think yogurt and saltines. And then had gallstones. 

See? Grapes are dangerous, people. Be careful!

ETA: I hope I'm not remembering this all wrong but somehow grapes and gallstones got linked in my mind in relation to this show.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 2

Grapes are the devil's own fruit.  They cause massive weight gain. They are a gateway fruit.  Next thing you know you are eating entire fruit baskets, raiding the fruit and vegetable aisle at the supermarket, shoving massive amounts of kumquats in your face, attempting to deep throat bananas, eating nectarines so quickly you have to burp up the pits.   It all starts with grapes.  Evil grapes.

When whole fruit no longer provides your fix or isn't available, you switch to sugar free jam.  It starts with a spoonful . . . .

Or so our poundtcipants would have use believe. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It all starts with grapes.  Evil grapes.

It's too late for me. Sigh. I just ate a big bowl of grapes. I love grapes. I also ate a bowl of blueberries.  I'll be making my appointment with Dr. Now soon.

Deep throating bananas, lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Not too good.  My elderly kitty died unexpectedly over the weekend, and I am depressed.  Fortunately, I have only emotionally eaten some PF milano cookies and some lime sherbet.

I need this to be either an inspirational story or a complete train wreck to distract me.

This is from the Live Chat for Mercedes' Story. I am so sorry, Twopper. My partner and I have seven cats and the oldest recently went blind. But she's not letting that slow her down. She has memorized the path from the living room to the food and to the litter boxes. Sending you virtual hugs.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 2
(edited)

Instead of endless parades of people like Lashanta, and Angela, that really don't want to get with Dr. Now's program, maybe the producers could do something like Destinee's story over the year or so of transition surgery, and skin surgery?     Including a stylist to help with work clothing, and casual clothes that look tasteful, but not stodgy.   I would love to see Destinee stay in Houston, and have a great life.   Houston has such a wide array of people, and activities, and is so much better than the small town Destinee was living in.    

I'd also love a one hour follow up on the three family members that Dr. Now treated, and then they were on a compilation shows this season, but no updates. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder why a plastic surgeon doesn't help with the skin removal.  Dr. Now sort of sews them up like a turkey trussed up for baking.

Perhaps, after the numerous other skin surgeries we never see,  a plastic surgeon does the rest.  I know dealing with my brother and his numerous surgeries for his various wounds, a plastic surgeon was used for the few wounds that were visible like on his face, or required a more delicate procedure.   Plastic surgeons are a higher level of care and require a higher level of insurance approval. 

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 3
On 5/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Instead of endless parades of people like Lashanta, and Angela, that really don't want to get with Dr. Now's program, maybe the producers could do something like Destinee's story over the year or so of transition surgery, and skin surgery?     Including a stylist to help with work clothing, and casual clothes that look tasteful, but not stodgy.   I would love to see Destinee stay in Houston, and have a great life.   Houston has such a wide array of people, and activities, and is so much better than the small town Destinee was living in.    

I'd also love a one hour follow up on the three family members that Dr. Now treated, and then they were on a compilation shows this season, but no updates. 

I would like to see more success stories mixed in with the ratings-grabbing train wrecks that we all love to snark at.  I have to admit that Wed nights is the hi-light of my week (and HOW said that!!!!) because of the comments posted.  I had sleeve gastrectomy in 11/2016 and 25 months later I had dumped 295 lbs and lost 26 inches off my waist.  I watch everything I eat and I work out like a madman because I am absolutely paranoid about gaining back any weight.  

JB showed the determination and will of a champion and it was so very sad that he ended his own life.  Up to that point he was the definition of "hard work pays off" that the others are so much the polar opposite of.

• Love 10
On 4/30/2019 at 8:39 PM, nokat said:

It's too late for me. Sigh. I just ate a big bowl of grapes. I love grapes. I also ate a bowl of blueberries.  I'll be making my appointment with Dr. Now soon.

Deep throating bananas, lol.

I just drank a big glass of grape juice. 🍇But it's healthy because it's fermented! 🍷 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, JunkFoodTV said:

I just drank a big glass of grape juice. 🍇But it's healthy because it's fermented! 🍷 

Fermentation doesn't make it healthy.  You need it fried for that!

Oh, and here's something I wonder about, since the recent season of Family by the Ton.  They have to give themselves shots in the stomach, for the rest of their lives, I think.
I've never heard anything about that here.
Anyone?

Edited by auntjess
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2019 at 9:19 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Grapes are the devil's own fruit.  They cause massive weight gain. They are a gateway fruit.  Next thing you know you are eating entire fruit baskets, raiding the fruit and vegetable aisle at the supermarket, shoving massive amounts of kumquats in your face, attempting to deep throat bananas, eating nectarines so quickly you have to burp up the pits.   It all starts with grapes.  Evil grapes.

When whole fruit no longer provides your fix or isn't available, you switch to sugar free jam.  It starts with a spoonful . . . .

Or so our poundtcipants would have use believe. 

Everyone on Earth after eating grapes:

• LOL 2
On 4/25/2019 at 1:46 PM, B in Lee said:

Have none of these poundtestants (that's the term, right?) ever noticed that on their beloved fast food menus there are HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES? I can't think of one burger chain that does not offer some sort of salad. And, guess what else? It is not mandatory to order the biggest burger, or the most heavily decorated burger, or a whole bag full of burgers.

I am shaking my head so hard I just might induce whiplash. And I'll just bet Dr. Now has come close to doing the same, a time or two.

And, guess what? If you go to a place with no healthy options and only large portion sizes, you can also just eat less for the rest of the day or the next day!

• Love 2
On 4/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, nokat said:

After reading about PF goldfish, and croutons, I'm seriously considering using parmesan goldfish as a crouton substitute on my salad. Sounds poundicipant worthy, doesn't it? 

I let the goldfish have a swim in my tomato bisque, and Mr. Twopper has put them on salad because he needs something to crunch.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:21 PM, mmecorday said:

This is from the Live Chat for Mercedes' Story. I am so sorry, Twopper. My partner and I have seven cats and the oldest recently went blind. But she's not letting that slow her down. She has memorized the path from the living room to the food and to the litter boxes. Sending you virtual hugs.

Thank you so much.  We are beginning to feel a little better.  We "inherited" the cat when our daughter left for college.  She (cat, not daughter) had lost most of her hearing.  We probably won't get another cat (at least a young one) as I have had several cats live into their late teens, and we aren't young ourselves.  I am thinking about fostering kittens in the not too distant future.  Our neighbor has 4 fosters at the moment; they are so very cute. Hug your kitties for us. 

On 4/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, nokat said:

Snacks that are sure to make you gain 30 lbs when you're on Dr. Now's 1200 calorie diet. I just bought grapes, should I be worried?

On 5/3/2019 at 7:55 PM, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder why a plastic surgeon doesn't help with the skin removal.  Dr. Now sort of sews them up like a turkey trussed up for baking.

Drat, I messed up the multiquote again.    Yes, you should be worried about the grapes as I just read an article about how often spiders are found mixed in with the grapes.   So be warned.

Ha! his stitching does look sloppy, but eventually the stitches will be removed.  I think it mostly matters how well he lines the two sections of skin up.  Mr Twopper had some skin cancers removed last summer with minimal scarring, and the Dr mentioned something about how hard one of them was hard to match up evenly.

I do think lining up the skin must be very difficult when they remove so much at once--especially on the legs and tummy.  I don't think any of them end up with a completely normal looking body even when they have all the skin surgeries they need.

34 minutes ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Everyone on Earth after eating grapes:

I have no words.   Maybe tomorrow.   Not sure I could do the 51 banana diet.

• Love 1
On 5/3/2019 at 6:55 PM, parrotfeathers said:

On 5/3/2019 at 7:13 PM, fonfereksglen said:

Perhaps, after the numerous other skin surgeries we never see,  a plastic surgeon does the rest.  I know dealing with my brother and his numerous surgeries for his various wounds, a plastic surgeon was used for the few wounds that were visible like on his face, or required a more delicate procedure.   Plastic surgeons are a higher level of care and require a higher level of insurance approval. 

On 5/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, CatherineM said:

I also think he leaves them a bit open due to infection and drainage. 

I'd always wondered about these skin surgeries that Dr. Now performs. We know he's no plastic surgeon and I have seen some of those skin surgeries that looked kind of crude to me.

But somewhere along this series, I learned that Dr. Now is a respected vascular surgeon. I also learned - from a Brit series I watched on Netflix - that in these skin removal surgeries, the tricky bit is handling the veins and bleeding. A Brit surgeon said that when these patients grew to supermorbidly obese weights, their blood vessels also grew much bigger to carry the blood to all that fat and skin. When they lose the weight the blood vessels don't shrink back to normal.

So the surgeon isn't just whacking off slabs of skin and underlying fat, s/he is dealing with countless supersized blood vessels that have to be taken care of to avoid hemorrhaging. In that situation I'd be happy to have a skilled vascular surgeon like Dr. Now on the job. Some scarring is going to be inevitable and mostly it will be covered by clothing. 

BTW I liked the Brit series Botched Up Bodies which right now is on Netflix. It includes some sad cases of tummy tucks and skin removal surgery gone wrong. But the patients get a second chance because good surgeons take their cases and repair the damage. It's something like that US series Botched, but without the nutjob patients and stupid doctor hijinks that caused me to stop watching it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

But somewhere along this series, I learned that Dr. Now is a respected vascular surgeon. I also learned - from a Brit series I watched on Netflix - that in these skin removal surgeries, the tricky bit is handling the veins and bleeding. A Brit surgeon said that when these patients grew to supermorbidly obese weights, their blood vessels also grew much bigger to carry the blood to all that fat and skin. When they lose the weight the blood vessels don't shrink back to normal.

He has on occasion commented about having hundreds of blood vessels he needs to close off, and that it would be a " bad sitchashun"  if he missed even one.  I am sure it is tedious and tiring.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

He has on occasion commented about having hundreds of blood vessels he needs to close off, and that it would be a " bad sitchashun"  if he missed even one.  I am sure it is tedious and tiring.

Also I think he is trying to get "in and out" as fast as possible to avoid more stress to the patient .

• Love 2

I think some have chosen to have a plastic surgeon do their skin removal, but his works for getting rid of the loose and/or hanging bits, and 
not may of these people are going to be wearing bikinis.

As to grapes, they are delicious frozen.   Was and freeze then on the stem, bring them out, and eat.
Just remember, grapes are toxic to dogs, and I assume to cats too.  As are raisins.

• Love 3

I'm watching the weather channel, and Houston has had horrible flooding in the past week, in some areas.   They're also expecting severe thunderstorms too, with a lot of rain.    I wonder how widespread the flooding will be?    All of those first floor apartments for the Poundticipants are not in a good situation.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

A future poundticipant? Big Criminal

From that article:

A joint agreement by the government and the defense filed this week asked Novak to approve the transportation plan to get Hicks from his residence — he lives in a dwelling attached to the rear of a mobile home

Would that be called "a barn?" I mean, what kind of "dwelling" can contain a 900-lb man?Even Half-ton Man Patrick Duell was warehoused in his garage where he could easily smoke his cigarettes and eat himself to death.

17 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

From that article:

Would that be called "a barn?" I mean, what kind of "dwelling" can contain a 900-lb man?Even Half-ton Man Patrick Duell was warehoused in his garage where he could easily smoke his cigarettes and eat himself to death.

Perhaps it's a shack? The world's largest chicken coop? Multiple family sized tents sewn together?  You know life is bad when the family has to add on structure to house you. 

34 minutes ago, newyawk said:

Because this is likely to be of interest to people who watch this show, I am putting this here. USA Network has picked up "The Biggest Loser" and is bringing it back to television.

I think I am in.   I enjoyed it, and I had a friend who tried out for it.   I saw a program once about obesity on the Samoan Islands where they did their own version of Biggest Loser, and the doctor they asked about it remarked that only one percent kept the lost weight off.  Not sure how much better the US version does.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Perhaps it's a shack? The world's largest chicken coop? Multiple family sized tents sewn together?  You know life is bad when the family has to add on structure to house you. 

I've set up a Google alert (I have no life!) for Mr Kenneth T Hicks and will report back if his luxurious living arrangement gets revealed. 🙂