Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

Supposedly the next season starts in January.      No confirmation that I can find, but TLC is pretty close with information.     And the end of last season there were supposed to be two more updates, but they never aired.     I read that Charity?  The one with Charley the daughter, was supposed to have an update, but apparently was moving elsewhere, so that couldn't be finished.

I suspect that there are quite a few where the participants quit, or dropped out, and for whatever reason the filming stopped,, but that's only my guess.    

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

And the end of last season there were supposed to be two more updates, but they never aired.     I read that Charity?  The one with Charley the daughter, was supposed to have an update, but apparently was moving elsewhere, so that couldn't be finished.

I'm still waiting for part 2 of Sean and Dottie's story that they scheduled but never aired! 

They did air the Sean and Dottie update, and it ended very abruptly, but I don't think there was a part II.    There was a lot of suspicion because of the really quick ending, but my guess they either didn't film it, or one or both stopped cooperating, so it was scrapped.   I believe Dottie said something about no more skin surgeries, so that might have been it for her.        I remember at the time everyone was very confused about the ending.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They did air the Sean and Dottie update, and it ended very abruptly, but I don't think there was a part II.    There was a lot of suspicion because of the really quick ending, but my guess they either didn't film it, or one or both stopped cooperating, so it was scrapped. 

They did show part 1, but my DVR schedule showed a Part 2 (complete with episode description) that never aired. Something else aired in that time slot the following week. 

Yes, no part II, and the Charity/Charlie update never aired either.   

I think the production people promise TLC that the episodes will be ready, but it didn't happen with either episode.     I bet Charity (?) quit the show, and moved away,  and I'm betting Sean refused to follow the program any longer, and Dottie probably wasn't going to have more skin surgery, so they wouldn't film her any more either.  

• Love 1

Someone, probably on Sean thread, said his father found him a nursing home(?) or somewhere.
I'm rewatching the fat couple, Rena & Lee(?), and finally got around to wondering why these people don't have groceries, or pick up at the curb, since they hate shopping.
And I remember that if you're car is overheating, turn on the heat!  

• Love 1

This is the only place I can think to put this - do people here watch Amberlynn on YT? I never heard of her before. OMGoodness. Who is the person she hangs with? Her child? Partner? I'm still dipping my toe in with her, but jeez Louise. I hope I don't end up watching her stuff all weekend.

I think she got recommended to me because I've been watching some plus sized (being of that persuasion myself) clothing hauls (who knew plus size girls did that - and with some outrageous clothes, too!) and one of the women is extremely overweight. It pains me to hear her talk about "cute" clothes when nothing she puts on is cute because of her weight (must be hitting 450-500) and its distribution. Most people tried to be halfway civil and tell her she looked OK in something, while still suggesting that she needed to deal with her weight. It was kinda sad. She has a very up personality, but clingy knits are not your friend when you are that big. 

I guess this leads me into saying that I saw the previews for both My 600 lb Life and My Big Fat Fabulous Life. Get yer popcorn ready.

• Love 1

Hello everyone. So excited that we're about to begin a new season of M600PL and I get to co-snark -- yes, that's an honest to goodness real made up word, lol -- with my Pounder Pals.

Question for anyone who sees this: Can we have a Live Chat for the season premiere of Family By The Ton on TLC at 10:00 on EST tonight? It's scheduled to air right after M600PL.

@PrincessPurrsALot are you out there?

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Family by the Ton has it's own forum.  Please discuss that show there. 

Thanks. I know it's too late for tonight, but is it possible to get a Live Chat for future episodes of this show on the show's forum? I remember that we have had live chats for the show One Ton Family on the M600PL forum.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

• Love 1

@DC Gal in VA Family by the Ton only has one thread now.  That is, there aren't separate topics for each episode or for live chat versus show.  It was turned into a "topic" rather than a forum under the ongoing reorganization.  My 600 Lb Life has more episodes and many more posts so it is still a forum with separate threads by episode.  They are very different beasts.  

We do not usually include threads for other shows in one show's forum.  That is, your example regarding One Ton Family was a one off because the full forum wasn't available when the show first started and we knew there were M600LL posters who would be watching and snarking. So we made a temporary exception.  In this case, we can't do that.  FBTT has it's own thread. 

As to whether or not people can live post on the FBTT thread, that is up to the posters and the Mod for that thread (I am a helper on that show; not the primary Mod. Note, we often share responsibilities on shows; e.g., there are two leads and one helper for M600LL).  If everyone is okay with live posting, away you go!  I have seen the new episode and this family is a mix of sympathetic, supportable and so very snarktastic that we may wear our fingers to the bone.  Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

One of the family members baths in a trough on the back porch.  Yes, a trough.  Big, metal trough.  T.R.O.U.G.H.  Shades of Nicole and the hosing down only he sits in his trough and demands that his father pour water on his head to rinse him off. And yet this is less disturbing than watching him sit in bed naked while playing video games or throwing french fries at his father whom he blames for all of his weight gain. 

So, for those interested in Family By The Ton, head over to that topic to post about that show.  It should be an interesting season.  I also think they will, at some point, give an update on last season's family. 

Sorry for any confusion.  The change of FBTT from a forum to a topic took place today. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

@DC Gal in VA Family by the Ton only has one thread now.  That is, there aren't separate topics for each episode or for live chat versus show.  It was turned into a "topic" rather than a forum under the ongoing reorganization.  My 600 Lb Life has more episodes and many more posts so it is still a forum with separate threads by episode.  They are very different beasts.  

We do not usually include threads for other shows in one show's forum.  That is, your example regarding One Ton Family was a one off because the full forum wasn't available when the show first started and we knew there were M600LL posters who would be watching and snarking. So we made a temporary exception.  In this case, we can't do that.  FBTT has it's own thread. 

As to whether or not people can live post on the FBTT thread, that is up to the posters and the Mod for that thread (I am a helper on that show; not the primary Mod. Note, we often share responsibilities on shows; e.g., there are two leads and one helper for M600LL).  If everyone is okay with live posting, away you go!  I have seen the new episode and this family is a mix of sympathetic, supportable and so very snarktastic that we may wear our fingers to the bone.  Spoiler alert:

Reveal hidden contents

One of the family members baths in a trough on the back porch.  Yes, a trough.  Big, metal trough.  T.R.O.U.G.H.  Shades of Nicole and the hosing down only he sits in his trough and demands that his father pour water on his head to rinse him off. And yet this is less disturbing than watching him sit in bed naked while playing video games or throwing french fries at his father whom he blames for all of his weight gain. 

So, for those interested in Family By The Ton, head over to that topic to post about that show.  It should be an interesting season.  I also think they will, at some point, give an update on last season's family. 

Sorry for any confusion.  The change of FBTT from a forum to a topic took place today. 

Hello again PrincessPurrsALot and thanks so much for those clarifications. Wow, didn't know it was so involved. I will post any requests for live chats on that show.

As for the bolded part above, tee hee, when you say it like that, there's no way I can't not watch that show.

See you at the M600PL Live Chat tonight!

• Love 1

To continue discussion that started in Robin and Garret's episode, 

I wonder for how many people their dislike of vegetables comes from the mushy texture overcooked vegetables tend to get?   The solution is not to overcook them, but then very few of the people we see on this show know how to cook, let alone cook well.  And some people have weird fears of undercooking their food for food safety reasons so they end up overcooking everything to death.   

My Mom and I were roasting a rabbit for a holiday dinner a couple years ago, and when I said that for a rabbit this weight the recommended roasting time is about an hour and a half, she said "we will put it in for three".  I fought to get it out at two hour mark, and it was really overcooked, except for a couple pieces on the bottom.  My Mom noticed how much better those pieces tasted, but it did not convince her that she did anything wrong. 

• Love 3

One reason the veggies were cooked to mush is that in my grandparents generation, they had bad teeth, and needed something softer to chew.  Everything was mushy, and even the bread they baked was very soft.       They only went to the dentist when they were in severe pain, and then when they reached a certain point of tooth loss, and issues, they usually had everything pulled, and had dentures.     Of course, they usually complained about the fit of the dentures, and since they never went and had then relined, or adjusted they didn't fit well.       

When I grew up some neighbors didn't think baby teeth were important, so their kids had all kinds of tooth decay that you could see, and only went to dentists after the adult teeth came in.   It amazes me that a lot of this hasn't improved either.      Even though there is a lot of information about how important child dental care is, and how baby teeth do matter, there still are too many people that don't have proper dental care.   

I'm sure many of the poundticipants, and their relatives have virtually never gone to a dentist.    I still remember the older brother of the Benji and David episode saying his mother put all of her money into pageants, and since the older brother was too big to be cute for pageants she left him at home, and he'd never been to the dentist.   He's the one who went to a special cosmetic and reconstructive dentist, and had those temporary cosmetic denture type teeth to cover his very painful, and deteriorated teeth.    I'm hoping that after the show ended he completed the process, and probably has full dentures by now.    Tooth infections can kill you, and people simply don't realize that.    

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Hellga said:

I wonder for how many people their dislike of vegetables comes from the mushy texture overcooked vegetables tend to get?   The solution is not to overcook them, but then very few of the people we see on this show know how to cook, let alone cook well.  And some people have weird fears of undercooking their food for food safety reasons so they end up overcooking everything to death.   

My Mom and I were roasting a rabbit for a holiday dinner a couple years ago, and when I said that for a rabbit this weight the recommended roasting time is about an hour and a half, she said "we will put it in for three".  I fought to get it out at two hour mark, and it was really overcooked, except for a couple pieces on the bottom.  My Mom noticed how much better those pieces tasted, but it did not convince her that she did anything wrong. 

Oh so much the bolded part of your post Hellga. Currently being around someone who is  just a lousy cook, I was reminded of my personal theory that the vast majority of bad cooks tend to overcook everything from eggs to vegetables to seafood  to meats. I think it's that, since they really don't know what the Hell they are doing, they just keep cooking and cooking and cooking, just to be sure whatever they're cooking is "done." Couldn't possibly do any harm, right ? 😊 BTW, the lousy cook I mentioned will tend to cook scrambled eggs for around ten to fifteen minutes!

• Love 3
On 1/19/2019 at 11:02 PM, Hellga said:

With apologies to my Southern friends.... I call it the Southern diet: greasy fried chicken and overcooked vegetables.  

• Love 1

My mother's people were from the Northeast, and cooked everything to mush.    They all only went to the dentist when they were in severe pain, and eventually all ended up with dentures.    They didn't bother to have the dentures adjusted and relined either, so they always complained about the pain of using them.         Everything they cooked was either stewed, or baked to where it was soft, bread was all soft, vegetables were all cooked to a mushy consistency.     

The one thing they never did was add any seasonings, but salt.   Even adding black pepper was daring.    When my mother made tacos, the taco meat was so underseasoned it was pathetic.    She would take an entire couple of pounds of browning hamburger, and shake a couple of times from the red pepper shaker, and put the lid back on.     Then I'd walk in, take the lid off, pry the shaker top off, and pour enough in so it actually had some heat.      My father grew up with hot sausage patties, tacos, and enchiladas from authentic cooks, and loved some heat and seasonings,  It really frosted her cookies when I seasoned the taco meat, and Dad didn't know I did it, and told my mom she seasoned it just right.        My mother never really learned to season anything, so everything was very bland if someone didn't correct it.    

Mom's people also had cheaper cuts of beef, or old hens to cook, so stewing or Swiss steak was their go to.    It went well with their deteriorating dental conditions, and everything was mushy.   It takes real talent to turn meat to mush.     Their idea of cooking a steak was to put it in a skillet, on low, with a little salt on it, and cooking it on low until it turned into shoe leather.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2019 at 11:55 AM, DC Gal in VA said:

BTW, the lousy cook I mentioned will tend to cook scrambled eggs for around ten to fifteen minutes!

I'm having a hard time imagining 15-minute scrambled eggs.  I almost never make scrambled (I like mine soft-boiled best, followed by sunny side up), but I had egg wash left over from making puff pastry and needed to use it up, so I tried to time myself.  I think my 2-egg scrambled eggs took at most two minutes to cook, though I think it is closer to one minute.  The only thing acceptable to do with eggs for 10 minutes is drop them into boiling water, turn off the heat and let them sit there for 10-11 minutes to get properly hard boiled.  Anything more than that - just get yourself an ostrich egg and have a ball boiling it for an hour plus!

Edited by Hellga
49 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My mother's people were from the Northeast, and cooked everything to mush.    They all only went to the dentist when they were in severe pain, and eventually all ended up with dentures.    They didn't bother to have the dentures adjusted and relined either, so they always complained about the pain of using them.         Everything they cooked was either stewed, or baked to where it was soft, bread was all soft, vegetables were all cooked to a mushy consistency.     

Thanks so much for posting this CrazyInAlabama since lousy cooks can live or be from anywhere. It's too bad that the completely uninformed and, may I say, condescending stereotype that ALL Southern food is bad always floors me.

My mom was an amazing South Carolina style cook and absolutely hated overcooked food! She especially hated the over cooking of meats and vegetables. While some would cook their cabbage, collards, and even pork to death--especially pork--she taught me how to cook food until it was deliciously tasty; tender and not overcooked when it came to vegetables and juicy and moist when it came to meats. She also taught me about how to purchase and cook "real" food since she grew up on a farm where they raised both animals and produce.

Although I was born and raised in Washington, D.C., I like to call myself "double Southern" in heritage since, as I said previously, mom was from South Carolina and my dad was a farm boy from Virginia.

Would absolutely be honored to cook you and yours a nice, non-greasy batch of Southern fried chicken -- with all the fixins -- anytime! 😊

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Hellga said:

I'm having a hard time imagining 15-minute scrambled eggs.  I almost never make scrambled (I like mine soft-boiled best, followed by sunny side up), but I had egg wash left over from making puff pastry and needed to use it up.  I think my 2-egg scrambled eggs took at most two minutes to cook, though I think it is closer to one minute.  The only thing acceptable to do with eggs for 10 minutes is drop them into boiling water, turn off the heat and let them sit there for 10-11 minutes to get properly hard boiled.  Anything more than that - just get yourself an ostrich egg and have a ball boiling it for an hour plus!

Hahaha Hellga I know this for sure 'cause I currently live with this person! She overcooks everything including eggs (I like mine like yours). I am house sharing right now and will come into the kitchen to prep and/or cook something and she'll be torturing cooking eggs over easy except there ain't nothing "easy" about those eggs. I often want to ask her, "What did those poor eggs ever do to you!?" Anyway, she puts them in the pan and then, about five minutes later (or more), she flips them and then walks away for at least five minutes, sometimes more, and starts looking at her smartphone or reading a book or doing something else. By the time she mercifully removes them from the pan, those bad boys are browner than brown and look really, really hard.

Which brings me to another characteristic of pretty much all lousy cooks, specifically, their complete lack of focus on what they're cooking. I cannot tell you how many times she has burnt up stuff because she forgot about it. One time in particular was the time she decided to make a sweet potato pie using the cookbook The Joy of Cooking which is really a good cookbook EXCEPT when it comes to sweet potato pie. Not only did she not want to take any gently offered advice from someone who can make that pie in her sleep--me!--she promptly put the pie in the oven, went upstairs and forgot about it. I ended up taking it out because I could smell that it was, once again, beyond done. When I called out to her that I had taken it out, she came running downstairs excitedly saying "Oh no, thanks, I completely forgot!" Not even gonna tell you what that pie tasted like. 😅

Edited to add: Not bragging (well, actually I am, lol) my brother calls my sweet potato pie "crack pie!"

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments and typo.
  • Love 2

I have had limited exposure to Southern food - I am almost as northern as they come, with my entire childhood spent north of the 56th parallel - but whenever I travel to Atlanta, I look forward to having good local food, and I have never had any complaints.  Except the tea! 

One time I forgot that the default setting for sugar there seems to be "supersaturated solution"...  the girl who brought me tea was incredibly surprised when I *did not* want a praline with it.  After I had one sip, I bit into Granny Smith apple and I have never been more grateful to see that fruit in my life.  Normally I find them unpleasantly tart to eat, but it was life-saving at the moment!  

2 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Which brings me to another characteristic of pretty much all lousy cooks, specifically, their complete lack of focus on what they're cooking.

I think that is probably true.  Although that's a bit of a chicken and the egg question, after all, if you don't know what you are supposed to be looking for, what's the point of looking?  So lack of skills/knowledge and lack of focus go hand in hand.  What amazes me most is people who are actually interested in cooking who do a lousy job.  I mean, cooking is not rocket science, anyone who has ever passed any class with a lab component (which should be everyone, I think?  isn't at least one science class required to graduate from high school?) should be capable of cooking a decent plate of food...  Although I would make home ec class mandatory, for both boys and girls.  Too many people lack basic knowledge of simple tasks like cooking, laundry, shopping, balancing their budget - a well-planned, well-taught class could help.  And it even include basic elements of contracts/business law (which I think every major should be required to take in college!  I was not a business major at all, and I didn't care for accounting class which was mandatory for my major, but I found economics and business law helpful just in life in general).

2 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Edited to add: Not bragging (well, actually I am, lol) my brother call my sweet potato pie "crack pie!"

I don't think I have ever had or even seen a sweet potato pie.  I am sure it would be delicious, though, sweet potatoes are yummy just as they are, with a pat of butter and some salt. :) 

• Love 1

Walmart here sells Sweet Potato Pie, not really wonderful, but it's in the bakery around the Pumpkin pies, at least around the fall holidays.   

Am I the only one that when an older thread pops up, like James K, that thinks it's the big announcement that they went to the big buffet in the sky?   Or the all you can eat BBQ down below? 

• Love 5

:::pokes head in:::

Okay, this week sucks and for some reason I've been (wishful) thinking it's Wednesday and I turned on TLC at 7:30 expecting the end of a M6PL life rerun before a new episode and I got Twitney! Gah!!

Why does anyone watch this?! (Says the girl who sets aside an entire evening to snark about 600-pound people...)

Oh, well. Guess I'll catch up on my Youtube Watch Later playlist. My eating habit so far this evening has been a chocolate-covered marshmallow heart (which is supposedly 2 servings...seriously, who is going to cut a chocolate-covered marshmallow heart in half?), in case anyone's wondering. I really need to stay away from seasonal candy aisle at Wegmans.

5 hours ago, Hellga said:

I'm having a hard time imagining 15-minute scrambled eggs.  

I don't like "wet" eggs so I do cook scrambled eggs well-done (but not to the point that they're turning brown...the timing of which I only finally mastered in the last few years)...it still takes less than 5 minutes. I cannot imagine what scrambled eggs would look like after 15. (I do have a bad habit of slightly overdoing hard-cooked eggs and winding up with greenish yolks. But I only use those for egg salad and it's not noticeable once they're all mashed up.)

2 hours ago, Hellga said:

I mean, cooking is not rocket science, anyone who has ever passed any class with a lab component (which should be everyone, I think?  isn't at least one science class required to graduate from high school?) should be capable of cooking a decent plate of food...  Although I would make home ec class mandatory, for both boys and girls.  Too many people lack basic knowledge of simple tasks like cooking, laundry, shopping, balancing their budget - a well-planned, well-taught class could help.

I majored in science, took many lab classes and worked in labs for years and cooking is definitely unrelated. The reason being that everyone has different subjective tastes. I like the food that I make but most other people would find it really bland. My MIL puts a ridiculous amount of salt and oil in everything, to the point that I've had to take stuff she made and rinse it in a colander to be able to eat it. She likes it that way and thinks it's gross if it has little or no salt, whereas I rarely salt my food and frequently I even find restaurant food too salty. My husband puts sauces and gravies on everything (currently he is going through about half a jar of pesto per day) and he prefers Asian food while I only like to have Asian food every once in a while and I don't like most sauces. I don't like pie either by the way!

Also what is there to learn about laundry? I've never sorted the laundry by color in my life and I even wash dry clean/hand wash only stuff on the cold cycle and take out before the dryer, and it turns out fine.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Walmart here sells Sweet Potato Pie, not really wonderful, but it's in the bakery around the Pumpkin pies, at least around the fall holidays.   

Am I the only one that when an older thread pops up, like James K, that thinks it's the big announcement that they went to the big buffet in the sky?   Or the all you can eat BBQ down below? 

My answer is, for some bizarre reason, no. I guess it's because it just seems so mind boggling that someone who has literally lived in bed for going on now six years, shoveling in thousands of calories while laying down -- I. Can't. Even. -- and has had enough health scares to kill a dozen people, just keeps chugging along. Maybe he's made a deal with the devil along the lines of Dorian Grey, although why even Satan himself would want his soul is a mystery to me.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Clarification.
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

My answer is, for some bizarre reason, no. I guess it's because it just seems so mind boggling that someone who has literally lived in bed for going on now six years, shoveling in thousands of calories while laying down -- I. Can't. Even. -- and has had enough health scares to kill a dozen people, just keeps chugging along. Maybe he's made a deal with the devil along the lines of Dorian Grey, although why even Satan himself would want his soul is a mystery to me.

He's like the Beck Weathers of super morbidly obese people. They could do a crossover episode with I Shouldn't Be Alive.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Satan is just torturing all of us by letting James K keep on breathing, and shoveling in huge amounts of lousy food, and he's also torturing Lisa who can't wait for him to kick.  

• Love 1
19 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Do the female patients shave? I'm going to assume they can't, but weirdly enough I also don't remember seeing any of them with really obvious leg hair or armpit hair.

When you’re over 600 lbs., your skin is stretched to four times as big, so your hair follicles are much farther apart. I went from needing to shave my legs constantly to not noticing. It’s also hard to reach your legs, especially in the back, to do the job. Your legs are so swelled or tight that if you nick yourself, it bleeds like crazy. My issue now, after losing so much weight, is that loose skin is hard to shave. I have to use detail clippers because the loose skin can get kind of sucked into an electric shaver. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Satan is just torturing all of us by letting James K keep on breathing, and shoveling in huge amounts of lousy food, and he's also torturing Lisa who can't wait for him to kick.  

Heaven doesn't want the burden, and Satan's afraid he'll try to take over. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, CatherineM said:

When you’re over 600 lbs., your skin is stretched to four times as big, so your hair follicles are much farther apart. I went from needing to shave my legs constantly to not noticing. It’s also hard to reach your legs, especially in the back, to do the job. Your legs are so swelled or tight that if you nick yourself, it bleeds like crazy. My issue now, after losing so much weight, is that loose skin is hard to shave. I have to use detail clippers because the loose skin can get kind of sucked into an electric shaver. 

That makes sense and I didn't even think of that! Congratulations on your weight loss!

• Love 1

I have only started watching about a year ago, but I am truly addicted (to the Live Chat too):  today we had snow squalls move through the area in late afternoon, and I was literally worried mainly about making it home in time if they don't stop until 7pm as originally forecasted (thankfully, they stopped by 5:30pm)! 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I have only started watching about a year ago, but I am truly addicted (to the Live Chat too):  today we had snow squalls move through the area in late afternoon, and I was literally worried mainly about making it home in time if they don't stop until 7pm as originally forecasted (thankfully, they stopped by 5:30pm)! 

I heard some people talking about it snowing a little after 3:00. I don't sit near a window, but I can see outside if the woman in the office at the opposite end of the aisle has her door open, so I poked my head out of my cube to look, and it was snowing sideways! So I walked up to the front windows and you couldn't even see the road (and our parking lot is not that big). Then when I left it was mostly clear and pink with the beginnings of sunset. (But still super windy.) 

I'm watching the end of Justin and have the chat thread open in another tab. Just waiting! This one looks like some drama!

On 1/29/2019 at 7:33 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Did Dr. Now scare Lisa off?  I wonder on several of them.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:05 AM, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Do the female patients shave? I'm going to assume they can't, but weirdly enough I also don't remember seeing any of them with really obvious leg hair or armpit hair.

Also, proper hair growth is dependent on good blood flow. I’m sure the lack of movement, therefore lack of good blood flow impedes hair growth. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have a co-worker who is an open mouth chewer. His desk is feet away from me and he faces me...... ugh! 

@libgirl2 We are in the same position. I also have a new coworker who is an open mouth chewer.  This may be his first tech job.  We get free snacks, and he is really taking advantage.  So far this morning I have watched and heard him smack his way through cereal, avocado toast and tortilla chips. Another colleague and I were joking we need to put barriers between our desks and his.  Someone needs to tell him to close his damn mouth when he chews and stop licking his fingers.   

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

@libgirl2 We are in the same position. I also have a new coworker who is an open mouth chewer.  This may be his first tech job.  We get free snacks, and he is really taking advantage.  So far this morning I have watched and heard him smack his way through cereal, avocado toast and tortilla chips. Another colleague and I were joking we need to put barriers between our desks and his.  Someone needs to tell him to close his damn mouth when he chews and stop licking his fingers.   

Sounds like this guy too. He eats all the time. If we have a snack out on the snack table in our work room, he will be walking by and veer right to it. I have even seen him emptying bags of the last of pretzels or something. And if he isn't eating he is chomping on tic tacs or gum. Nothing like the smell of warm breath and mint wafting towards you. And yes, he also licks his fingers. He eats his lunch in 30 seconds, licks the bowl ..... One day, I am going to lose it. 

Oh and he burps too. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 2
On 1/29/2019 at 5:01 PM, Hellga said:

I don't think I have ever had or even seen a sweet potato pie.  I am sure it would be delicious, though, sweet potatoes are yummy just as they are, with a pat of butter and some salt. :) 

No to the salt, yes to butter and cinnamon.    Sweet potato pie is good, but it is not something I ever have a desire for,

On 1/29/2019 at 1:00 PM, Hellga said:

I'm having a hard time imagining 15-minute scrambled eggs. 

I have never timed any eggs except soft or hard boiled.  I seldom scramble, preferring omelets instead.  Favorite is shrimp and cheese.

On 1/29/2019 at 7:17 PM, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Also what is there to learn about laundry? I've never sorted the laundry by color in my life and I even wash dry clean/hand wash only stuff on the cold cycle and take out before the dryer, and it turns out fine.

I was dark colors separately in woolite for dark clothing or something similar.  It seems to keep the blacks from fading over too many washings.   Also don't dry lint givers with lint receivers.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:46 PM, CatherineM said:

Congratulations on the weight loss.  Would having your legs waxed work better? 

I'm seriously considering going onto one of those "make your own T shirt" sites and designing an "Ow! Mah legs!" shirt. 

I might put #My600lbLife in small print somewhere on the shirt, too.

It would give me giggles throughout the day every time I wore it. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I was dark colors separately in woolite for dark clothing or something similar.  It seems to keep the blacks from fading over too many washings.   Also don't dry lint givers with lint receivers.

I only use detergent without artificial fragrances or dyes, so that wouldn't be an option for me. I haven't heard of lint givers and lint receivers, but I don't notice that my clothes have much of a problem with lint (and if they do, I have a lint brush).

I have some bath towels that I wash with other items, but get dried separately because they put out so much lint.     Nothing like getting dark socks or knit pants out of the dryer, and they look like they've grown fur.  

I'm so glad the big reorganization starts Thursday.     If it started Wednesday I would have been seriously sad at missing the epic snark on here.  This week's preview looks wild.  

• Love 3

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but have you guys noticed how badly edited the narration audio is on this show? I noticed it right away because an old job I had involved editing audio soundbites, but I think anyone can notice what's going on here. They are at times splicing parts of different takes together. At other times I think they are cutting out pauses and natural breaks in the person's speaking to save time or make for a more coherent narration, but it isn't done well at all.  A lot of times the narration is choppy, the last half of a sentence starts rightontheendofthelastwordofthefirsthalfofthesentence, and at other times the timbre or pitch of the person's voice just doesn't match from segment to segment in the same piece of narration.  

I feel like applying to TLC for an audio editing job, lol. 

• Love 5