Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Make-ups and Breakdowns

• Start Topic

I still cannot see why Cynthia married Peter. Don't find him attractive, he is a straight up asshole for the shit he says about Cynthia's appearance, try checking yourself out in the mirror delusional old man. He is a pompous ass giving creating drama between Cynthia and the other women. And we all know he has no business sense, kick his ass to the curb quick!

• Love 12

On the one hand, Peter should be more supportive of Cynthia. And Peter is a douche in general. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that Nene is one of those exhausting friends who demands complete loyalty and attention at all times. If Cynthia wants to maintain her friendship with Nene, she needs to be prepared to eject anyone Nene doesn't get along with from her life. And she better remember to kiss Nene's ass, and show up at all Nene's events, and never contradict anything Nene says. I can see where being friends with Nene leaves one with very little time or energy for sex.

And Cynthia's runway days are over. She lacked the finesse and energy of the other models. She just looked very flat and lifeless as she was walking.

Kandi is an abused daughter, who has been in the abusive relationship for so long that she doesn't even see it anymore. That's why she doesn't see the very big deal of being called a whore on national television. Kandi allows mommy to beat up on her, so she thinks everyone else should just allow it too.

None of the marriages on this show have any long term potential.

LOL! I see Cynthia as the needy friend. I see her calling Nene 20 times a day to ask if she should do this or that, to cry to Nene about Peter robbing her blind, about Peter critiquing her appearance all the time....ect. I do agree, Nene demands loyalty, no ifs ands or buts, just absolute loyalty! Nene hates it when someone questions her motives and/or her facts because she believes she is above them all and Cynthia hates it when someone asks for her honest opinion because she is incapable of forming 1 without someone telling her what it should be in the first place. Nene is the proverbial "bull in the china shop", crashing through it to get to the other side and Cynthia is a "people pleaser", afraid of saying/doing the wrong thing or giving the "wrong" impression. LOL

As for Cynthia not having enough sex with Peter to keep him happy, her health problems and their work schedules play the biggest obstacles in that area, not Nene. Cynthia's business operates during the daytime into the early evening most days while Peters business's are ones that operate at night into the early morning hours. Blaming Nene is ridiculous and was done to take the heat off Peters comment last season about the need/desire for him to cheat because of Cynthia's health (fibroids).

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Speaking of Kandi getting all up in arms at the table with Todd and Sharon.... it happens two times. When someone talks smack about Joyce or when someone waves a hand or a finger in Kandi's face. Cynthia waved her hands around once in Kandi's face and she literally went crazy. Crazy eyes, screaming, had to be pulled away (PJ party)

I think there is a reason why, but I'll save that for Kandi's thread.

• Love 6

I use closed captions lots of times, and I happened to have them turned on when I watched the episode.

When Miss Sharon said she would "Sue the *****," the closed captioning read: "Shoot the *****." I was quite shocked.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3

I kind of see the whole Nene-Cynthia-Peter situation being like the Vicki-Tamra-Simon situation in the OC. I can see Cynthia bitching to Nene about Peter and then Nene calling Peter out on the stuff Cynthia has told him, and then Peter gets all offended with Nene. Or Cynthia would bring Nene up in their fights/discussions - "Well, Nene says". I just really think there has to be more to it than the "bitch" comment, because everyone says stuff in the heat of the moment. And we've already seen Cynthia's tendency to use other people to do her dirty work with Mal. But I also do think Peter is very controlling and really doesn't want anyone influencing his wife other than him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I still cannot see why Cynthia married Peter. Don't find him attractive, he is a straight up asshole for the shit he says about Cynthia's appearance, try checking yourself out in the mirror delusional old man. He is a pompous ass giving creating drama between Cynthia and the other women. And we all know he has no business sense, kick his ass to the curb quick!

I find both Cynthia and Peter very attractive, and I also think they have equally unattractive personalities. Cynthia is boring, and Peter is manipulative and dishonest.

• Love 4

Zaldamo--That's right. Head to toe.

I'm still hoping that we get a swerve into a mental health and the elderly story line here.  I suspect that most of us, if we were dealing with a Joyce in real life, would have taken her off for some neurological testing.  Has she had a stroke that she's unaware of?  Is there some condition at work beyond her being a nasty nasty bit of nastiness. Stuff like that.  But I'm not holding my breath because Bravo will be Bravo and Kandi likes her paychecks too.  It's so unpleasant to watch though -- my own blood pressure sorts to soar just watching the Joyce and Kandi foolishness -- and of course anytime any of these stories is tinged with a death it's easy to get obsessive about the dynamics.  And it's such a bad look for Kandi.  What happened to that house is just sick.

I can't think of worse advertising for "A Mother's Love" than this spectacle.  It already looked tacky and dated as hell but having her mother on full view acting like an ogre out of Grimms fairy tales probably didn't help with those ticket sales. This mother's love is a poisoned apple chasing you around the busted up castle breathing fire and ready to gobble you up wholesale after putting all your boyfriends to sleep forever. 

On a more important note, back to the food angle!  I will need to watch again to see if we got a shot of the name of the restaurant that takes forever to bring water --   Phaedra was really funny in that little moment -- and offers up stale, plastic-wrapped crackers.  I was thinking, what kind of a joint would allow itself to be filmed that way -- not exactly great for wimin bidness -- and did we catch the name of it?  I wish they'd take us all to a good barbeque joint or back to Savannah for a more in-depth tour.  It would be great to see some Lady Chablis vs Joyce scenes. 

PS, Bravo -- You can lose me with the Todd doesn't wear a wedding ring crap.  I've been married forever and a day.  Never wanted an engagement ring and never wore a wedding ring either.  Never changed my maiden name. Never any confusion about my marital status either.  I hate how they love to stir this crap up with their veiled morality police shenanigans.  We already have to endure way way too much super lame vagina, boobs, and dick talk -- let's not pretend the network is anything other than what it is, 'kay?  It seems that the least of the Burruss-Tucker issues has to do with marriage insignia.   The fact that Todd is still hanging in there with Kandi, after what we've been subjected to on our screens, tells me all I need to know about his commitment, so far, to their vows.

• Love 4

Copa, thanks guh.  The fam might not know what you're talking bout, the post you're referring to was moved  ;).   Talented, I quoted you to ramble, it's in the Kandi's Momma Joyce thread.

It must not read well on screen but like 8 different women, including 2 pretty recognizable ones, find Peter sexy as hell.   He doesn't really bother me as much as he does ya'll, in part because when he says stuff like being reimbursed for sushi or gas money *I think* he's kidding.   The guy we saw react to her fibroids and the thing about cheating if shit didn't get back to normal fast?  I didn't think he was serious about that either, I just think sometimes peoples' fucked up sense of humor doesn't always translate outside their relationship.  She said he was much more compassionate in regards to her illness than what we ever saw.  For her sake I really hope so.  The not so funny part is these business ventures that he won't hesitate to risk her money on but you know what? He can't do it without her.  She's the one who keeps funding his investments so I can't get behind her being seen as the victim for that, if she likes it I love it.   I love Cynthia's heart but I feel a way to see her on screen.  To have lived the life she has, she seems too sheltered (generally) in her views for her (our) age.   It makes me wanna invite her to our PTV mojito BFF job fair. 

I don't even know why I just clicked on that menu.  Now I'm mad.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 1

I use closed captions lots of times, and I happened to have them turned on when I watched the episode.

When Miss Sharon said she would "Sue the *****," the closed captioning read: "Shoot the *****." I was quite shocked.

Yes, I was, too. As I recall, and if I'm wrong, ignore the following. But, I heard her say she was going to sue MJ in the mail but also shoot her with her "help" in her purse. I don't like MJ. But, no matter what about tearing up Kandi's house and her rudeness...

Someone calling a person a prostitute doesn't entitle the person to start threatening to SHOOT someone.

I don't recall Joyce threatening to kill anyone. You can bet your bottom that no matter what names my mom called someone, if a person said they were going to shoot her, I'd have seriously considering trying to get a restraining order if I ever again saw them near my mom. And, I don't even like my mom all that much.

Maybe calling someone a prostitue is slanderous depending on the exact circumstances, but threatening aggravated assault or murder, and in my opinion she was pretty damn serious, is a crime. And saying that on film? I understand MS being angry, but she should have taken it up with MJ not put Her daughter in the middle. And, MS lost me completely when she threatened to use a gun.

It's awful she is no longer living. I still cannot support threatening violence or possible death.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 2

On the one hand, Peter should be more supportive of Cynthia. And Peter is a douche in general. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that Nene is one of those exhausting friends who demands complete loyalty and attention at all times. If Cynthia wants to maintain her friendship with Nene, she needs to be prepared to eject anyone Nene doesn't get along with from her life. And she better remember to kiss Nene's ass, and show up at all Nene's events, and never contradict anything Nene says. I can see where being friends with Nene leaves one with very little time or energy for sex.

I can only guess what went on during the course of the Cyn/Nene friendship that caused it to collapse. Disrespect from Nene? Cynthia letting people (mainly Peter) whisper in her ear? Who knows but some of the shit that went down post break-up I myself would find it hard to forgive Nene for. Mainly the suggestion to Andy, on tv, that Cynthia should be fired. That was downright despicable. I wouldn't fault Peter for bringing that up and reminding Cynthia to tread carefully. My issue with Peter in general though is that he is a dictator in his relationship with Cynthia.  That scene had the stink of, don't you dare rekindle a friendship with that woman, 'cause I ain't having it, no way, no how. You just know that shit ain't reciprocal. If Cynthia dared to crack her lips over who she thinks Peter should and shouldn't have as a friend, Peter would go off on her.

• Love 2
Someone calling a person a prostitute doesn't entitle the person to start threatening to SHOOT someone.

Except Sharon didn't say she was going to shoot Joyce.  She said she was going to sue her, and the closed captioning got it wrong and had it as "shoot her."  I was watching it with the captions on also, and I thought it was a pretty funny mistake.  Understandable, though--Sharon wasn't speaking all that clearly by that point.

• Love 7

Except Sharon didn't say she was going to shoot Joyce. She said she was going to sue her, and the closed captioning got it wrong and had it as "shoot her." I was watching it with the captions on also, and I thought it was a pretty funny mistake. Understandable, though--Sharon wasn't speaking all that clearly by that point.

I'm totally open to being wrong, but what then was she talking about in her purse then? I wish I hadn't deleted the episode.

I'm certainly hoping MS didn't say that. It's a shocking discrepancy on the part of CC.

On a more important note, back to the food angle! I will need to watch again to see if we got a shot of the name of the restaurant that takes forever to bring water -- Phaedra was really funny in that little moment -- and offers up stale, plastic-wrapped crackers. I was thinking, what kind of a joint would allow itself to be filmed that way -- not exactly great for wimin bidness -- and did we catch the name of it? I wish they'd take us all to a good barbeque joint or back to Savannah for a more in-depth tour. It would be great to see some Lady Chablis vs Joyce scenes.

I think I read somewhere that the waiter in that scene was very upset at how he and the restaurant were portrayed. He said he tried to bring the cast their food orders, but the show's production staff did not allow him to. He thanked Phaedra for the $4 tip she left him.

• Love 8

Thanks all, for the Einstein info and links.  Don't take one to know that wasn't great advertising for their fabu restaurant--or maybe it was because they put the housewives in the storage room of shame. Looked like the lockdown of forced staff retreats.  I wonder how long the ladies were held there.  It was so funny when one of them -- was it Phaedra? -- said let's get out of here ... and (think is was Kenya:) -- let the ladies resolve their issues.  Those gals were out of there in a heartbeat!  I do love me some Phaedra -- just can't help myself. 

I'm betting that Nene excused herself from the table to insert the eyedrops that actors and actresses use to feign or force crying. Not kidding either. Toss in those drops, girl, and come back ready to cry us a river!

charmed:  For real?  Too much!  Kudos to old Phae Phae for at least leaving behind some soda  pop money.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3

what then was she talking about in her purse then? I wish I hadn't deleted the episode.

I'm certainly hoping MS didn't say that. It's a shocking discrepancy on the part of CC.

I deleted it also, or I'd double-check, but I think she was implying she had some kind of legal document in her bag, ready to mail out--like a lawyer's letter of intent to sue or somesuch.

I totally agree that was a pretty outrageous mistake for the CC to make, but it's far from the only one.  Sometimes I think somebody's listening in one language and typing in another!  (That's actually true--occasionally I'll get a line or two of Spanish in my CC.  Huh???)  I posted about this in another thread.  I think they use language-recognition software to create the captions, so probably there aren't any live people involved to take the rap for any goofs.

• Love 2

Its becoming more apparent to me that Nene knows completely what's up between Cynthia and Peter and has been an ear for Cynthia for the various trifling ish that Peter has done to her through the years. Everytime Nene says "I've been a damn good friend to you" and stares at Cynthia, with Cynthia going silent and putting her hands up in agreement, the more I know that Nene has some deep ish on Cynthia and Peter's relationship. I know everyone is getting mad at Nene for dropping the Anna Mae card, but I can identify. All of us have that friend who stayed keeping us up at night crying about their no-good man and then when they go back to that dude they expect us to act like everything is okay and that they hadn't spent the past few months bashing their dude and making us hate him too. Seeing the difference between how hype Cynthia was about being done with Nene and her complete 180 with a smile this wide after she and Nene "made up", she clearly comes back around to those that she loves and forgives abuses far quicker than most of us would. She just can't (and shouldn't) expect that everyone else will be as flexible as she is.

Edited by ticklemepink
  • Love 7
I'm still hoping that we get a swerve into a mental health and the elderly story line here.  I suspect that most of us, if we were dealing with a Joyce in real life, would have taken her off for some neurological testing.

But didn't someone say that Joyce has been like that for decades?  Just because someone is old and nasty doesn't mean they're mentally ill or had a stroke.  Sometimes nastiness is progressive.

• Love 6

I kind of see the whole Nene-Cynthia-Peter situation being like the Vicki-Tamra-Simon situation in the OC. I can see Cynthia bitching to Nene about Peter and then Nene calling Peter out on the stuff Cynthia has told him, and then Peter gets all offended with Nene. Or Cynthia would bring Nene up in their fights/discussions - "Well, Nene says". I just really think there has to be more to it than the "bitch" comment, because everyone says stuff in the heat of the moment. And we've already seen Cynthia's tendency to use other people to do her dirty work with Mal. But I also do think Peter is very controlling and really doesn't want anyone influencing his wife other than him.

Good points. I definitely see the similarities.

I would love a general housewives thread to talk about and compare all of the franchises but I don't know where it would go...

• Love 3

Thanks all, for the Einstein info and links. Don't take one to know that wasn't great advertising for their fabu restaurant--or maybe it was because they put the housewives in the storage room of shame. Looked like the lockdown of forced staff retreats. I wonder how long the ladies were held there. It was so funny when one of them -- was it Phaedra? -- said let's get out of here ... and (think is was Kenya:) -- let the ladies resolve their issues. Those gals were out of there in a heartbeat! I do love me some Phaedra -- just can't help myself.

I'm betting that Nene excused herself from the table to insert the eyedrops that actors and actresses use to feign or force crying. Not kidding either. Toss in those drops, girl, and come back ready to cry us a river!

charmed: For real? Too much! Kudos to old Phae Phae for at least leaving behind some soda pop money.

Yeah. I kind of feel bad for the guy. I'll post the link in the Friend or Faux episode so as not to derail this one.

But didn't someone say that Joyce has been like that for decades?  Just because someone is old and nasty doesn't mean they're mentally ill or had a stroke.  Sometimes nastiness is progressive.

It is progressive but if it's also an undiagnosed mental illness, it's not normal progression.  It's being made exponentially worse by going untreated.  Real talk, Joyce is a narcissist-sociopath.  I'm not being funny, google the earmarks.

• Love 3

Its becoming more apparent to me that Nene knows completely what's up between Cynthia and Peter and has been an ear for Cynthia for the various trifling ish that Peter has done to her through the years. Everytime Nene says "I've been a damn good friend to you" and stares at Cynthia, with Cynthia going silent and putting her hands up in agreement, the more I know that Nene has some deep ish on Cynthia and Peter's relationship. I know everyone is getting mad at Nene for dropping the Anna Mae card, but I can identify. All of us have that friend who stayed keeping us up at night crying about their no-good man and then when they go back to that dude they expect us to act like everything is okay and that they hadn't spent the past few months bashing their dude and making us hate him too. Seeing the difference between how hype Cynthia was about being done with Nene and her complete 180 with a smile this wide after she and Nene "made up", she clearly comes back around to those that she loves and forgives abuses far quicker than most of us would. She just can't (and shouldn't) expect that everyone else will be as flexible as she is.

This makes a lot of sense.  I'm sure that Cynthia probably also got an earful about Greg when that was going on.  Maybe not because Nene is a lot smarter than Cynthia -- or at least more clever about managing her business.  (As I recall though Nene put Greg on pretty full blast when they were breaking up.  That stuff wasn't pretty.)

I do feel kinda uncomfortable with all the assumptions about Peter being abusive though. We don't really know this -- We see what we see on TV.  He's said some really not great things to Cynthia for sure and it's too bad that he doesn't seem to have a knack for business but ... I dunno.  What Bravo is never going to encourage any of these women to do is get into any kind of real dialogue about how men of a certain age truly behave and how they really treat their womenfolk when the cameras aren't rolling--black, white,  yellow, red, purple or green.  Most men of a certain age just don't get it -- they've got to be constantly in training to not say and do stupid things.

And Peter is an old school Caribbean brother, which is exactly what seemed to turn Nene on back when it was all a big love fest.  I don't think he abuses Cynthia in the ways the convo here seems to be headed sometimes but I do think that he's probably not the most sensitive and aware fellow out there -- in the same way that I imagine Greg probably isn't when he's not playacting for the cameras and making La Leakes so miserable that she divorces his ass.  I know my 65 year old hubcab is in need of pretty consistent retraining, especially now that I'm not the hottie I once was.  Doesn't mean we don't get along or that any kind of abuse is going on -- Does mean we are married and it can feel like a tough gig. 

I think it's crappy for Nene to bring all this innuendo onto Cynthia's head and I do believe she has with her canny suggestiveness and shade.  Nene's been able to market herself with her gift for gab and a fabulous pair of legs.  She owes tons to Andy C, Anderson Cooper, and what's his name of Glee, AHS and all that stuff.  She's been able parlay her stint on this show into something with some steam.  Her friend, on the other hand, is clearly going through the ravages of obvious menopause-- She's bloated, slow, confused and feeling like she's got nowhere to go, I imagine, beyond this show.

What I can't stand about Leakes is that she can't find a way to let go without trying to destroy the other person.  Whether she's being encouraged to do this with the largest of the Bravo salaries or not, I can't tell.  I think she's repugnant.  

Being right don't mean you're not an asshole, as the Big Liebowski told Walter. (Directed at Leakes and not you, ticklemepink!)  Am not putting myself in a massive time out.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 11

I'm totally open to being wrong, but what then was she talking about in her purse then? I wish I hadn't deleted the episode.

Has anyone ever sat and read CC while listening? They eff the text up ALL THE TIME. Lmao!

• Love 3

Has anyone ever sat and read CC while listening? They eff the text up ALL THE TIME. Lmao!

Yep. Well, not sure why it's funny. This was a serious mistake in my opinion. Lots of people rely on CC; some people don't have an alternative way. Making a mistake about a real person threatening to commit real assault or murder isn't hilarious. I'm, for one, relieved that there are people here who caught the error. That also somewhat makes me reevaluate the scene, although I know my opinion makes no difference to Kandi or Todd. However, it does help clear any rumors getting started about a woman who has passed away. I see the situation as a little more balanced now.

I've known my share of nasty and psycho; for the most part, they mellowed a bit with age.  Can you imagine the life Kandi had if this was true of Joyce?!  Yikes!

• Love 2

Not only that Walnutqueen, but I hate to think what it'll be like for Kandi over the next 10-15 years with Joyce living just down the street from her. That's just asking for trouble. Kandi needs a BRAIN. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have your mom close by as she gets older so you can keep an eye on her, but we are talking about Joyce here. Looking after aging parents is stressful and challenging in itself even if they're in relatively good health and you've got help, but having a parent like Joyce would be beyond stressful.

• Love 5

I have noticed all the Kandi negativity, which includes my reaction, and was thinking maybe we are especially sensitive knowing that Ms. Sharon has passed. 

But nah, Kandi was still foul as hell even if Sharon were among us.  We have all been over the details about her lying and being rude.  I especially hate when people say they are going to be quiet but then pull out al the neck twisting eye rolling and lip crunching.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 6

Kandi has always been one of my favorites, so I was disappointed to see her behavior in New York. Not only did she behave rudely at dinner with Ms. Sharon, but she seemed to be in a bad mood during the entire trip! Kandi's TH after the dinner with Ms. Sharon was quite odd. Kandi said something to the effect of. " There is some tension between Todd and I because of [our mothers]..." It just struck me as odd to have this tension between a husband and wife. Not saying that people can't and don't fight, but are Kandi and Todd on the same team at all? (Don't answer that!) I don't understand how Kandi doesn't see it as disrespectful to herself when her mother insults the people she loves and chooses to be with.

The second thing that stuck with me from the episode was Cynthia's modeling. Cynthia has seemed like a wilted flower this season.I was sad to see Cynthia's nerves and stiffness. She is a beautiful woman who has achieved a lot and she should be proud of herself. It's unfortunate that she doesn't see that.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 3

Sorry Kithe!

I love Kithe. I really do. His voice is so soothing & I think his clothes look pretty good. I'd love to see more of him on the show.

*sighhhhh.....However, I found a link to a photo from Kithe's fashion show. (*fingers crossed. Hope this works)

http://www.jonesmagazine.com/single-image/fid/16748/2341?width=780&height=800&iframe=true

Cynthia looks fabulous of course. But look at the people in the background. Not quite the sartorial elegance I'd expect for front row at a Mercedes-Benz fashion show. How dreadful!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 5

That didn't look like Fashion Week worthy at all.  It looked like he just set up in some building probably during fasion week but not actually part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week programs.

It all looked way too predestrian to me. 

Cynthia definitely looked like she was not fully on board with cessating her friendship with Nene.  I also don't believe she was all that angry with Porsha either.  I see Uncle Ben pulling all the strings.  Lose Nene because she can clue Cynthia in on his antics and since he is going into business with Kordell, Cynthia has to cut the friend strings with Porsha as well.

I don't think any of this is sitting well with Cynthia and it is definitely showing in her face and her demeanor.

• Love 2

I think I read somewhere that the waiter in that scene was very upset at how he and the restaurant were portrayed. He said he tried to bring the cast their food orders, but the show's production staff did not allow him to. He thanked Phaedra for the $4 tip she left him.

Was that thank-you sarcastic?

I never saw Sharon as a lot better than Joyce as far as letting her ghetto flag fly. Sorry she's gone but she wasn't coming across all that civilized either.

Her behavior was rude and inappropriate. Cussing, threatening to beat Joyce up and sue her was just adding fuel to the fire. There was really no point in Kandi engaging her when Sharon was three margaritas into her tirade. However the initial comments, shit talking and bad blood all started from Joyce's end, not Sharon's. I think that's why people have more sympathy for Sharon than they do for Joyce.

• Love 3

Maybe calling someone a prostitue is slanderous depending on the exact circumstances, but threatening aggravated assault or murder, and in my opinion she was pretty damn serious, is a crime. And saying that on film? I understand MS being angry, but she should have taken it up with MJ not put Her daughter in the middle. And, MS lost me completely when she threatened to use a gun.

I didn't think Sharon would really shoot Joyce any more than I thought Joyce would really drag Carmon down the street by her hair.  Plus, Sharon was under the influence of Tequila. That whole rant she did about a gun and going after the Old Lady Gang was just her drunkenly blowing off steam.  I'm pretty sure Kandi didn't believe her mother was in danger of being shot either.  Now when Sharon said she would punch Joyce in the mouth...that I believe she would do.

*sighhhhh.....However, I found a link to a photo from Kithe's fashion show. (*fingers crossed. Hope this works)

http://www.jonesmagazine.com/single-image/fid/16748/2341?width=780&height=800&iframe=true

Cynthia looks fabulous of course. But look at the people in the background. Not quite the sartorial elegance I'd expect for front row at a Mercedes-Benz fashion show. How dreadful!

LOL!  That audience looks like mall shoppers standing around a Ginsu knife demonstration.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 4

Watching a rerun right now of the Kandi, Todd, and Sharon dinner ... I want to reach into the screen and smack Kandi. She thinks its so cute that Joyce asked for Sharon's birthdate so she can look up her record. The way she's smirking and smiling that whole time -- even throwing up her hands and laughing when she admits she lied about Joyce talking about Sharon -- what is wrong with her? At the end of the day, Kandi revels in her mother's nasty antics. At this point I'm rooting for Joyce to continue to rip Kandi off. And she can smirk and giggle about 'that's how my mom rolls'. 

• Love 11

LOL!  That audience looks like mall shoppers standing around a Ginsu knife demonstration.

I was thinking more along the lines of a group of people in a Comfort Inn conference room being swindled into buying time shares. I can totally see Ginsu knives though!

• Love 1

I didn't think Sharon would really shoot Joyce any more than I thought Joyce would really drag Carmon down the street by her hair. Plus, Sharon was under the influence of Tequila. That whole rant she did about a gun and going after the Old Lady Gang was just her drunkenly blowing off steam. I'm pretty sure Kandi didn't believe her mother was in danger of being shot either. Now when Sharon said she would punch Joyce in the mouth...that I believe she would do.

I'll leave it be about the gun/shooting since people have said CC messed up, which is how I watched the show. But, I will say that being under the influence of a drug or alcohol is no defense of a crime in US. Most suicides happen when the person is under the influence, and I don't know the statistics about assaults and murders, but I'm sure that factor affects how many people go through with it. I don't think Sharon should be arrested or anything for what she did say or for what I at first thought she said, but I would, personally, take threats of physical violence seriously when a person wasn't saying something clearly joking. She was on tape, yelling at MJ's daughter. I don't consider that just randomly blowing off steam. I see MMV greatly, but to me, being drunk makes it way worse because threats are more likely to be carried through, and law enforcement where I am, anyway, firmly agrees.

I didn't know MS well enough to form an opinion about whether she would or wouldn't assault someone, but my opinion of her would have had absolutly no bearing on what she would have chosen to do.

The second thing that stuck with me from the episode was Cynthia's modeling. Cynthia has seemed like a wilted flower this season.I was sad to see Cynthia's nerves and stiffness. She is a beautiful woman who has achieved a lot and she should be proud of herself. It's unfortunate that she doesn't see that.

From her first appearance of this season, I was surprised at how large her butt was. I thought she might have undergone some procedure until I finally watched that four hour Atlanta marathon I recorded. Seeing the older episodes, the overall weight gain is clear.

Now her friend was very blunt about her weight gain but I thought Cynthia was childish. This is her profession and she knows what is required so why was she pretending not to know how big she gotten. All that fretting made her look weak. Regardless of her back rolls, she should have owned that runway being the veteran she is. He told her to walk fast but she was slow, timid and clumsy She needs to be off this show She's just a shell.

I hope they kick Kenya off pronto. Her behavior in public is worse than Nene's loud barking, and that's saying a lot. Inappropriate food orgasms? Really?

• Love 1

Don't mind me... phone mishap. But, since I'm here anyway...

I'm usually a Kandi apologist, but I think she was getting way too butthurt about those who dare to speak ill of her mother. It almost seems as though she can't grasp the concept that someone would be equally protective of their own mother, or that no one else feels the need to suffer Joyce's bullshit with a smile the way Kandi does.

Also, I don't think Apollo was even in this episode, but I hate him. Can't be said enough.

Edited by Amberosia
  • Love 3

What was it she said when they stopped for pizza? It sounded something like, "This is the ONE thing y'all do right". I agree. She seemed very stuck-up the entire time. Nothing wrong with ATL, but it's not the be all-end all of the United States of America. Damn. I'd hate to see her travelling outside of the US. 

P.S. AgingGoth, I agree 100% with your assessment of Peter and Cynthia. Spot on. 

I took it as two things: she likes to be in control (probably why she picks men who aren't her financial equals), and she is used to being a big fish in small pond (Atlanta is lovely, but it can fit in JFK Airport's parking lot). I can't believe how my opinion of her has tumbled since her first season! I'm so disappointed to find out exactly how low-class she is -- her and her whole ugly family. The sex-toy stuff was disgusting enough (for someone with a child? On national TV?), but her antics with MJ and then her total disrespect for Sharon (and, with it, Todd) make her my most hated HW. And that she says "ex-specially" (when they're in the Bronx) tells me all I need to know about her. Money may be nice, but an education is actually nice as well. The Countess was right!

• Love 4

I think Todd has one foot and most of his luggage out the door at this point.  Why stick around?  Clearly nothing will change.  I know some people think that Todd went after Kandi for her money and Bravolebrity fame, but I don't.  I think he genuinely cared about her.  Kandi will end up alone and will have no one to blame but herself.

Phaedra used to be my favorite and then I saw some ugliness that I couldn't ignore.  I still have a soft spot for her.  It occurred to me while watching the latest episode that she and Todd would have made a better couple than Kandi and Todd. 

• Love 3

I believe the name shown for the stale-cracker-&-water restaurant was Einstein's. I was thinking the same thing - not a very good ad for the place!

Perhaps they only serve patrons who are smart, like the restaurant's namesake. That would leave this group high and dry.

• Love 1

And it's NOT just Sharon that MJ has said nasty shit about. She's had something to say about every single person in Kandi's life. She's abusive, mean, controlling, rude and totally selfish. So I guess I need to understand why it is Kandi would want someone like that in her life. Regardless of whether or not the woman is her mother. Joyce's sacrifices as Kandi grew up do not absolve her of her asshole behavior now. I may not have children but at least I know that sacrifices go along with the territory....you don't get to treat people however you want to because you feel you're owed that.[/quote

Now that we know how Kandi will lie and cover for her mother I'm doubting the "my mom sacrificed everything for me " bullshit. MJ is a mean hateful woman. That isn't something you just wake up one day and become. I'm beginning to believe she was always this way and Kandi just spent her life making excuses for her mother. I see nothing in MJ that makes me think she was some supporting rock in her daughter's life as she was up and coming. She's too awful and Kandi is too good at covering up for her.

• Love 3