Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

Maybe it’s because I’ve been cooped up inside all day, but dare I say it—even though the article reads like a PR piece, this looks like it was fun:

Vanderpump Rules’ Brittany, Katie Celebrate Birthdays in Vegas: Pics

The part I find the funniest is this:

They celebrated the pair’s birthday with what Cartwright described as a “delicious” meal at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill on Friday, January 18

It sounds skeptical when they put it that way. The so-called “delicious” food at Ramsay’s joint. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Maybe it’s because I’ve been cooped up inside all day, but dare I say it—even though the article reads like a PR piece, this looks like it was fun:

It sounds skeptical when they put it that way. The so-called “delicious” food at Ramsay’s joint. 

According to I G stories, Lala & Myman barely hung out w/the rest of the group.  It seems like they went to bed early Friday & attended an event Saturday. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Which seems to me to be the weirdest and most unexpected pairing. 

It’s not that weird, she has hung out with the cast several times and has horrific taste in men. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 1/19/2019 at 11:39 PM, ivygirl said:

Is Lala in sweat pants? Where are Tom & Boreiana?

• LOL 1

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/jax-taylor-from-vanderpump-rules-drops-snarky-remarks-about-james-kennedy.html/

I'm sick and fucking tired of Katie and Jax' whisper campaign about James being a rapist. It is based on this interview where Lala talks about James having sex with her when she was blackout drunk. For whatever reason, she doesn't consider it rape. Why? I don't know. But rather than talking with their "friend," supporting her, encouraging her to talk to counselors about her feelings, and maybe having other friends who have had similar experiences talk to Lala, these assholes would rather obliquely involve her in their feud. Furthermore when Ariana hooking up with Lala became a topic of conversation, Lala denied until she could talk to Ariana. Wanna bet that Jax and Katie never asked Lala if she was ok with them bringing this up? This is Lala's choice and continuing to bring it up does her no favors.

This entire thing speaks of Katie and Jax' vindictive natures and complete lack of empathy for women and their "friend." I don't know why I'm surprised. Jax continues to use being gay as a pejorative and is planning on having a homophobic preacher officiate his wedding. Stassi has been a racist asshole and misogynistic bigot on her podcast, but none of the Coven has admonished her about it, at least publicly. Kristen and Stassi decided to constantly harass Faith because she fucked Jax. They proceeded to constantly call the police because they thought she resembled a person of interest for a number of crimes in the LA area. Despite police repeatedly telling them to leave Faith alone because she wasn't a person of interest, Kristen and Stassi never stopped. These people are fucking garbage.

James is a piece of shit, but I'm not going to sit here siding with fuckwit assholes just because their target is another fuckwit asshole.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2

This is more of a social media thing but Jax is a still a complete asshole. I follow him on Instagram and he’s constantly insulting ppl in the comments. It’s like he somehow thinks he’s better then ppl now. Not sure why.

Also saw something where Jax was calling out James about how he treats women. Like yes James is a dick but Jax is the last person who should be calling out ppl for their treatment of women. He’s been a changed man for like maybe a year? Come on.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The cast will be going up against the Teigan-Legend clan on Family Feud.

I saw that. It's up in the air about how the Vanderpump Fools will do. Family Feud doesn't require contestants to be especially smart or educated, which is lucky because the Vanderpump Fools aren't. The ones with college degrees are Stassi, Scheana, Ariana, Schwartz, Peter, and Brittany. However, the other key element of the show when they "ask 100 people," is that you're not such a raging narcissist that you can actually anticipate what 100 people who aren't you might think. Most of the chucklefucks might have a hard time with that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I saw that. It's up in the air about how the Vanderpump Fools will do. Family Feud doesn't require contestants to be especially smart or educated, which is lucky because the Vanderpump Fools aren't. The ones with college degrees are Stassi, Scheana, Ariana, Schwartz, Peter, and Brittany. However, the other key element of the show when they "ask 100 people," is that you're not such a raging narcissist that you can actually anticipate what 100 people who aren't you might think. Most of the chucklefucks might have a hard time with that.

Based on the videos she posted if they match Chrissy’s mom up with Jax it’s peobably a fair fight!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I pretty much agree with those poll results. Jax is such a dick.

From what I saw on Instagram it looked like for family feud it was Lisa, the 2 toms, Ariana and Katie. I like Schwartz but Sandoval is annoying now and I’ve never been a fan of Ariana. Pass on watching that.

• Love 2

That house is gorgeous!  But I really hope they know what they are getting into... they seem to have such major differences in what they want out of life (Tom: wants to get married & have kids; Ariana: doesn't...).

• Love 9

Why would anyone buy a house that big unless they planned on having kids? I’m surprised they got a house in the Valley. Granted, it’s an easier commute to West Hollywood than the costal cities like Marina del Rey but it’s not as trendy as the west side. Although if you were to live in the Valley that is a nice location. It’s close to Sherman Oaks and Studio City, which has good food and shopping, as well as the 101, 405, and 170 freeways, not to mention the canyon roads that take you to the eastern part of the west side. Personally I’d buy a smaller house on the west side because I can’t stand the heat but there definitely are advantages to living in the Valley. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Adira said:

That house is gorgeous!  But I really hope they know what they are getting into... they seem to have such major differences in what they want out of life (Tom: wants to get married & have kids; Ariana: doesn't...).

7 hours ago, glowbug said:

Why would anyone buy a house that big unless they planned on having kids? I’m surprised they got a house in the Valley. Granted, it’s an easier commute to West Hollywood than the costal cities like Marina del Rey but it’s not as trendy as the west side. Although if you were to live in the Valley that is a nice location. It’s close to Sherman Oaks and Studio City, which has good food and shopping, as well as the 101, 405, and 170 freeways, not to mention the canyon roads that take you to the eastern part of the west side. Personally I’d buy a smaller house on the west side because I can’t stand the heat but there definitely are advantages to living in the Valley. 

Yeah, it’s a big house. But I’m like 99% Ariana is never going to have kids. She’s made this clear and even a few weeks ago she made a Twitter or Instagram post about how when she’s doing press with Tom, he’s asked about Tom Tom and other buisness ventures and she’s asked about if she’s changed her stance on marriage and kids. And yes this could also just be statement on questions women are asked but I also think she’s not changing her mind about kids. And that’s fine. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah, it’s a big house. But I’m like 99% Ariana is never going to have kids. She’s made this clear and even a few weeks ago she made a Twitter or Instagram post about how when she’s doing press with Tom, he’s asked about Tom Tom and other buisness ventures and she’s asked about if she’s changed her stance on marriage and kids. And yes this could also just be statement on questions women are asked but I also think she’s not changing her mind about kids. And that’s fine. 

I wasn't suggesting she was changing her mind about marriage and children. I kind of hope she doesn't because there is an under representation of women who don't want either or both of those things on television, especially of women who don't want children. I was merely pointing out the absurdity of having such a big house for only two people and maybe Ariana's brother. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, glowbug said:

I wasn't suggesting she was changing her mind about marriage and children. I kind of hope she doesn't because there is an under representation of women who don't want either or both of those things on television, especially of women who don't want children. I was merely pointing out the absurdity of having such a big house for only two people and maybe Ariana's brother. 

I agree. I think it’s fine she doesn’t want kids and I’m totally happy that she’s up front about it and always has been. And I agree with you on the house being big for three grown adults as well. I was also wondering if Jeremy was moving with them as well? Even so as I said.. it’s a big house for three adults.

I mean it’s great for them that they bought a house, probably better than their apartment where they couldn’t use the microwave and run the ac at the same time so yay but I agree with everyone else it’s a really big house.

• Love 1

Geez, what is this conversation about a house should fit your kids?

Well, my 28 yo daughter never wants kids and I fully support her and her husband’s decision.

Housing is insanely expensive in SoCal... I know, I live in downtown Huntington Beach, which is a few hours away from WeHo, depending on traffic.

Not all of your bedrooms have to be devoted to sleeping or to house weird relatives. They can be an office, an art studio, a music room, or a dungeon. 

Plus, I think they might fare better tax wise by owning rather than renting.

I think they made a good investment whether or not they stay together. 

I say that without even really liking either of them. Ymmv.

Edited by AntAnn
Sp
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The exterior is ugly and based on some of the camera angles and staging the bedrooms other than the master are small.

I sort of agree. The room staged as the office seems quite small. The house has some serious space planning issues. There seems to be a significant amount of wasted space on the second floor landings off of the stairs. However, the room staged as the "tv/media" media room is an actual disaster. It has french doors out to the side yard that cut through the space. You can see it off of the kitchen island in picture 10. It looks like it's maybe 7 or 8 feet deep. I can't tell how wide it is. It doesn't appear to have any hardware for a pocket door, so you lose a lot of the advantages of having a separate tv/media room when it's still open to the larger space.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

Whoever built/renovated that house watches a lot of Fixer Upper. You got all the Joanna Gaines’s go-tos. If Ariana and Tom are fans of that show/style, I can see why they fell in love with the house even if it is too big for them. (Plus, I still think Tom is holding out hope that house is step 1, with marriage and kids to follow. But that’s their problem to deal with.) I think that back family room with the 16’ doors that completely open to the outdoor pool area is pretty amazing. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Why would anyone buy a house that big unless they planned on having kids?

People can and should buy whatever type and size of house they can afford.  Choosing to remain childless doesn't relegate you to a one bedroom apartment.  Real estate can be a great investment.  

• Love 22
5 hours ago, snarts said:

People can and should buy whatever type and size of house they can afford.  Choosing to remain childless doesn't relegate you to a one bedroom apartment.  Real estate can be a great investment.  

Just FYI you are quoting me but that quote isn’t from me. I agree they can buy a super big house but my post was just acknowledging what the original poster said that you mistakenly quoted me on was that it was really big.

Again I also said I’m glad they finally got a house where they can cook dinner and run te ac.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, snarts said:

I never said that they should live in a one bedroom apartment or a tiny house. But that is a lot of house and California has a housing shortage. Also a bigger house uses a lot more energy than a smaller house so it's best to live in the smallest house you can while still being comfortable for the sake of our environment. I feel the same way about people who have gigantic mansions. Perhaps they need all that space for some reason other than wanting a big house but otherwise I think they should have gotten a smaller house, and if it were me, as I stated earlier, I would have chosen a smaller house on the west side because I prefer it there. I grew up in Santa Monica and my grandmother lived a couple miles from their new house so I'm familiar with the area.

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, glowbug said:

I never said that they should live in a one bedroom apartment or a tiny house. But that is a lot of house and California has a housing shortage. Also a bigger house uses a lot more energy than a smaller house so it's best to live in the smallest house you can while still being comfortable for the sake of our environment. I feel the same way about people who have gigantic mansions. Perhaps they need all that space for some reason other than wanting a big house but otherwise I think they should have gotten a smaller house, and if it were me, as I stated earlier, I would have chosen a smaller house on the west side because I prefer it there. I grew up in Santa Monica and my grandmother lived a couple miles from their new house so I'm familiar with the area.

I agree with your point too, because I get what you are saying. I also agree that they can buy whatever size house they want. But I still have to say like others it’s a pretty big house for just two people. But whatever. Again to each their own.

Also side note is Kristen possibly buying a house? I only ask because she made an insta story yesterday congratulating Tom and Ariana about their new house(side note, so weird that they all of them are all really close now) and saying something like “we’re all buying houses now!” So I’m assuming she may be buying one soon as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, glowbug said:

There a many way to conserve resources. Telling people what size house they should buy, thus impacting their ability to wisely invest in the real estate market, is a bit much IMHO.

Maybe, if resources are that constrained in California, people should be applauding Ariana's decision to not procreate, rather than using it against her.

4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Just FYI you are quoting me but that quote isn’t from me.

Apologies, I simply copied/pasted, the system assigned the author's name.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I sort of agree. The room staged as the office seems quite small. The house some serious space planning issues. There seems to be a significant amount of wasted space on the second floor landings off of the stairs. However, the room staged as the "tv/media" media room is an actual disaster. It has french doors out to the side yard that cut through the space. You can see it off of the kitchen island in picture 10. It looks like it's maybe 7 or 8 feet deep. I can't tell how wide it is. It doesn't appear to have any hardware for a pocket door, so you lose a lot of the advantages of having a separate tv/media room when it's still open to the larger space.

I really was hoping the listing link would have a floor plan because the layout seems odd and I am having a hard time visualizing what space is where.  The ground floor is open but, it seems like it has a few weird rooms that are kind of like random entryways that they are trying to make other things.

11 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Whoever built/renovated that house watches a lot of Fixer Upper. You got all the Joanna Gaines’s go-tos. If Ariana and Tom are fans of that show/style, I can see why they fell in love with the house even if it is too big for them. (Plus, I still think Tom is holding out hope that house is step 1, with marriage and kids to follow. But that’s their problem to deal with.) I think that back family room with the 16’ doors that completely open to the outdoor pool area is pretty amazing. 

I do think this house is going to look very period specific in a short amount of time.  It's not like changing out faucets or hardware to update the space when a lot of the walls are shiplap.  That's going to be a look you're living with for a while or investing in to get rid of.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, smores said:

I do think this house is going to look very period specific in a short amount of time.  It's not like changing out faucets or hardware to update the space when a lot of the walls are shiplap.  That's going to be a look you're living with for a while or investing in to get rid of.

I totally agree!! We’re about to do some renovations on our house, and my husband wanted to do some shiplap around the fireplace, but I vetoed exactly for that reason. You copy that farmhouse look, and your house becomes very circa 2015. Our house was built in 1927, so we’re adding classic craftsman touches.

• Love 2

Oh heck, they’ll probably keep living  in that crappy apartment they rent and use this as an air b&b rental or something. Ha ha, kidding....thinking back to “Rob” 🤓

Edited by AntAnn
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, smores said:

I really was hoping the listing link would have a floor plan because the layout seems odd and I am having a hard time visualizing what space is where.  The ground floor is open but, it seems like it has a few weird rooms that are kind of like random entryways that they are trying to make other things.

I really wanted a floor plan too, but I think I've mostly figured out the first floor layout:

• From the front door, you have the open formal living room and dining room,
  • There's a doorway on the right side of the back wall in the formal dining room that opens to the butler's pantry, which is where the walk in pantry is located,
  • In shot 6 facing towards the front door from the formal dining space, you can see two doorways.
  • The doorway that has the little bit of darkness visible is the mudroom that leads to the garage,
  • The other doorway likely leads to the laundry and office,
  • I think the dark door next to the stairs is likely the first floor bathroom, and
  • On the other side of the stairs is the TV/media room.

I can't make much sense of the second floor.

This house is going to be ridiculously period specific in a couple of years. Besides the shiplap (which is a huge marker of this time period), there is the use of encaustic tile outside of a Victorian or traditionally styled home, vertical subway tile, and the use of hex tile on the wall. These are the markers for a house from this time period too.

My childhood homes were a Victorian town house from the 1890s and a Cape Cod from 1915.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 2
On 2/22/2019 at 1:59 PM, glowbug said:

It is nice part of the valley, but yikes it's a rough drive to WeHo.  I teach classes about 4 blocks from their new place and live Picfair Village-ish.  It's a slog.  

10 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I totally agree!! We’re about to do some renovations on our house, and my husband wanted to do some shiplap around the fireplace, but I vetoed exactly for that reason. You copy that farmhouse look, and your house becomes very circa 2015. Our house was built in 1927, so we’re adding classic craftsman touches.

My sister has never seen a wall she didn't want to shiplap.  It's a disease.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Anyone else think those photos and the editing of those photos were kind of odd? 

There pretty standard real estate shots when trying to downplay a houses shortcomings.

I give a lot of latitude to floor plans when a house is remodeled because there is only so much that can be done sometimes without going crazy over budget but the listing says that is a new build from 2018. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, glowbug said:

Also a bigger house uses a lot more energy than a smaller house so it's best to live in the smallest house you can while still being comfortable for the sake of our environment.

21 hours ago, snarts said:

There a many way to conserve resources.

Yep.  Perhaps they feel they are doing their part by not having kids...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lasu said:

Yep.  Perhaps they feel they are doing their part by not having kids...

These people love flying a private jet instead of a two hour drive they don’t give a shit about their carbon footprint.

• Love 6