Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

On 5/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, HunterHunted said:

Ok, but there's no real "joke" in her manning the door. There's a joke in her denying entrance to or charging the owner, Ken. Lisa manning the door instead of who was supposed to be there is literally devoid of humor and shouldn't be classified as a joke without further context. This is not a criticism of you. It's a criticism of LVP's narrative. LVP manning the door instead of a big burly dude because it's a rowdy punk or biker club is a joke. It's not a great joke, but it's definitely humorous. LVP just being at the door of a regular dance club/bar isn't even worthy of a teeheehee.

For example, Billie Lee is supposed to be at the hostess stand and instead it's Logan or one Billie Lee's girlfriends. In walks Ken and Lisa and they see this random there. Hilarity ensues!?!?! British humor.

It's not particularly funny by most measures and it feels like there's a lot of context missing that would make this little prank the least bit amusing. I  know I'm being a weird pedant, but something about it is just described so terribly. The joke isn't that she was manning the door. The joke is that she tried to charge Ken a cover for his own club.

I know I'm being a weird stickler.

It's not that serious.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, druzy said:

Weeks before he is set to walk down the aisle, Vanderpump Rules resident love rat, Jax Taylor

I quoted this b/c I wanted to see "love rat" again. "Ha ha" and "grody"!

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:34 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I have lived in single-family homes in Massachusetts and New Jersey. I have only seen hedges that divide one person’s property from his/her neighbor’s property. I have only read books that reference the use of hedges that way.  Still learning as a middle-aged person!

Yeah, there must be an opening they are blocking the view to, but it doesn't look like it.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:26 PM, bosawks said:

Is it weird that the thing I find surprising about this is that it’s only $80,000.

I was trying to figure out how much Jax made to owe $80K in taxes.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Same.  Because its owed to the State.  I could see how to get there with Federal pretty fast,  But how did he end up owing the state 80K especially if this was before owning a house.  He must be withholding practicallymnothing for multiple years or he makes more than I would have guessed.

• Love 1
On 6/4/2019 at 11:28 PM, ParadoxLost said:

Same.  Because its owed to the State.  I could see how to get there with Federal pretty fast,  But how did he end up owing the state 80K especially if this was before owning a house.  He must be withholding practically nothing for multiple years or he makes more than I would have guessed.

I'm guessing on the stuff he inherited? 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, ivygirl said:

I know this is from last month, but this is the best part of the article -

Kristen Doute agreed. “She can literally come up to you and say, ‘You ran over my cat,’” the 36-year-old explained. “And you’ll be like, ‘Number one, I’m not even in town, and number two, you don’t have a cat.’ And she’s like, ‘Keep telling yourself that.’ And you suddenly are like, ‘Did I run over her cat?’”

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 6/10/2019 at 8:31 AM, DrSparkles said:

You really think he inherited more than he makes on appearances and various other VPR related things?  Basically, the majority of his income is probably 1099'd.  When you get paid like that taxes are usually not taken out and it is your responsibility to file quarterlies and pay.

• Useful 1

Pretty sure that’s not Ariana.

Of course Brittany would hire a homophobic pastor. I’ve always thought her family has those same kind of views. Her mom didn’t care at all that Jax cheated on her and humiliated her but even a rumour of him kissing a guy was horrifying to her.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ariana

I don't know if this link works but Ariana looks really different!  I don't know if she has gained weight or did some work on her face but she looks like Jennie Garth.

It's not Ariana. This is what she wore.

Brittany had a Disney princess themed bridal shower, but a puppy party is stupid.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/inside-brittany-cartwrights-princess-themed-bridal-shower/

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Ok that is really weird, the Daily Mail had that pic with her name under it, but when I go back to the article the picture is gone.  I was fooled.

In that same article, there are pictures of Beau and Stassi and Beau is really loving the spotlight!  I really liked him at first but something is bugging me now.

• Love 2
(edited)

A partial transcript of Faith and Jax. Dum, dum, dummmmmmm.....

They also said they think this is just one part o...

They also said they think this is just one part of maybe three parts, and it’s likely not the entire recording. 

** Transcript for those who can’t listen.**

**Faith, murmuring:** You felt so good.

**Jax:** I haven’t had sex in, umph, literally it’s going on three months, has to be three months. 

**Faith:** Why aren’t you and Brittany having sex? 

**Jax:** It’s not like that. It’s just I don’t like being with her. I mean I love being with her, we just...uh...but I’m not like sexually into it anymore. And it has nothing to do with her. She’s great! She’s great! She’s wonderful! I’m just like eh. You know? It’s just kind of...ehhh. (Massive Snorting) And it’s not her fault. It’s not her fault. It’s not my fault. Well it’s not my fault. It’s just. That’s what’s gonna happen sometimes. 

**Faith:** Yeahhh. 

**Jax:** It’s not like oh poor you, or you suck. Nobody sucks! It’s just uh...

**Faith:** It’s just like when you sleep with the same person for awhile, it can get like that...or not...it’s just one of those things. 

**Jax:** Yeah, and uh, no...it has become a little bit of an issue. I mean. Like it’s...I was trying to f...

**Faith:** Finagle? 

**Jax:** I was trying. I was trying. (Snort) I mean, I was trying to broaden the horizon. 

**Faith:** Like a threesome? 

**Jax:** Yeah, and like she was down for it! She was down for it! Until like, fucking, she started to talking to Katie and all of those dumbass girls started coming over. 

**Faith:** Why the fuck does Katie even care?

**Jax:** That’s what I said! Why do they even care? I go I go, no, uh, um, well, okay okay. Well Brittany got drunk and they all came over and they all started talking this and that. And I’m like Brittany! Who even cares! Like why do you have to even listen to them! Don't listen to them! Who even gives a shit. 

**Faith:** I can guarantee that if I hung out with Brittany...

**Jax:** I mean, I mean, we’re not like, we’re not curing cancer here folks. It’s just sex. It’s not the end of the world. It’s nothing that’s going to make or break anything. Come on!

**Faith:** Especially if it’s between you two, like you guys decide to do it. 

**Jax:** I know! I know! (Sighs) you know, I’m kind of over it. 

**Faith:** No don’t be over it. It’s so much fun. 

**Jax:** No no! I’m just like, no. I’m not going to get married. Nooooo. No no no. THAT’S not happening. 

**Faith:** What?! You’re not going to get married? Or you’re not going to get married to *her*? 

**Jax:** I’m not getting married period. I’m never getting married. It’s not my thing. 

**Faith:** Yeah right, you will.

**Jax:** No. No. Never. I don’t ever want to get married. Nope nope nope. Not my thing. I never wanna do it. No. But but I have like so much invested right now. My shows. And stuff like that. I can’t do anything right now. Right now, it’s just...my shows. I can’t do anything right now. 

**Faith:** I feel ya. Take your time. 

**Jax:** So I mean, like that’s why it’s like just let’s brighten it up a little bit. Let’s have a little...let’s spice it up. You can go do what you want. Do whatever you want. Whatever, I don’t care! Like if you stayed at a girls house good good. Good for you, go get it! Doesn’t bother me. Doesn’t. I don’t care! 

**Faith:** What? She was down for it or no?

**Jax:** She said, like really? It doesn’t bother you? I, I said that kind of thing! It doesn’t bother me! I don’t have that uh...

**Faith:** So like an open relationship kind of thing?

**Jax:** Yeah, yeah in my head. It doesn’t really mean anything to me. 

**Faith:** Right, right. 

**Jax:** It’s just. You know. Some guys are like oh that’s fucking cheating. Which, yeah yeah I guess it is, I guess it is to some people. But in my head, it just doesn’t register as that. It just doesn’t. I’m like, cool go have fun. You know? whatever. Do your thing. I feel like it just makes a relationship...it would just make us stronger if anything else.

**Faith:** Yeah. 

**Jax:** But like, whatever, to each his own. Obviously the majority of people in the world are like oh no that’s cheating! 

**Faith:** Brittany would have been down with me. I flirted with Brittany. I mean, I flirted with Brittany. 

**Jax:** I know, I know! It will happen. It’s just getting her out of the goddamn picture. I mean it doesn’t help that she lives down the hall either. 

**Faith:** She does? Oh great.  (Laughs) What the fuck were y’all thinking? Omg. You gotta love her. You gotta love her.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2019 at 6:23 PM, snarts said:

Did we know that Sandoval appears in season 1 of The Hills? He's one of the male models at the casting call. 

20190617_212255.jpg

Something about this photo makes me feel like it was geared towards a specific audience. I wonder if Tom liked the photo? Not that it matters as any exposure is good exposure.

• Love 1
On 6/4/2019 at 10:54 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I was surprised to hear about a home purchase simply because his and Brittany's engagement party was so over the top (with regards to $$). I want to know about his investments because I am clearly not managing my portfolio well... (or not at all, given my latest balance, heh.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2019 at 12:17 AM, HunterHunted said:

A partial transcript of Faith and Jax. Dum, dum, dummmmmmm.....

As we all know, Jax loves to point the finger whenever something in his life doesn't work out. He never looks inward, he just figures those in his life are so jealous, they're trying to break him down. As soon as I read the first couple of comments (between him and Faith) I immediately wondered if Jax (being 40 and quite the former partier) is experiencing the occasional problem of his body not doing as he would like? Instead of looking for holistic ways to help, or seeing a doctor, he puts the problem on to Brittany. Poor Brittany buys into his narrative and is probably beating herself up for not being better in the boudoir. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Something about this photo makes me feel like it was geared towards a specific audience. I wonder if Tom liked the photo? Not that it matters as any exposure is good exposure.

He was auditioning for a bathing suit shoot if memory serves.  The show tried to make it seem like LC was getting hot and bothered... she wasn’t.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2019 at 11:55 PM, MrsWitter said:

*Brittany is immersing herself in the culture by: (1) trying to figure out how to eat escargot (2) trying to figure out to eat fondue (the only cheesy dip she knows is beer cheese) (3) Screaming mispronunciations of the names of French restaurants to mock the language

I don't understand Brittany's purpose since she's gained more facetime on the show. In the beginning she was laid back, sweet and seemed to have her s**t together. But with more exposure, she appears to be dumbing herself down, and embracing the stereotypical backwards Southerner. Why would she do this to herself (and the state she represents)? Her Mom does not come across simpleminded. I liked Brittany the best, initially, but I fear her appearance on show as well as Jax's storyline advice is not doing her any justice. She no longer appears naive or innocent, because when she purposely refuses to acknowledge what's in front of her, she just comes off as stupid.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:31 AM, DrSparkles said:

Or the stuff he's stolen from successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks for over a decade?

35 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I don't understand Brittany's purpose since she's gained more facetime on the show. In the beginning she was laid back, sweet and seemed to have her s**t together. But with more exposure, she appears to be dumbing herself down, and embracing the stereotypical backwards Southerner. Why would she do this to herself (and the state she represents)? Her Mom does not come across simpleminded. I liked Brittany the best, initially, but I fear her appearance on show as well as Jax's storyline advice is not doing her any justice. She no longer appears naive or innocent, because when she purposely refuses to acknowledge what's in front of her, she just comes off as stupid.

I say it's the "Vanderpump curse"; the more time we see people on this show, the worse they turn out to be.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Chalby said:

She also comes across as hateful like when that WWHL caller asked about her pastor and Brittany rolled her eyes before answering. Familiarity has definitely bred contempt. We now know about her bar fighting arrest. We know that she was cheating on her boyfriend when she first hooked up with Jax in Vegas. We know that she invited her bigoted pastors family to her Great Gatsby themed bridal shower in Kentucky.

• Love 5

I wish someone would print out that transcribed conversation in the form of a wedding gift to Brittany.  You know she would come unglued.  There’s no way she is completely over it, and every time it gets brought up again, I am here for it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

I wish someone would print out that transcribed conversation in the form of a wedding gift to Brittany. You know she would come unglued. There’s no way she is completely over it, and every time it gets brought up again, I am here for it. 

In calligraphy! And framed!! It would be amazing!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, ivygirl said:

How sad. It’s been a tough year for Lisa. 

I get postponing stuff with LVP.... But I can’t imagjne that they’d postpone the wedding for this? 

Yes, 2019 has not been a good year for Lisa. I can't imagine them postponing the wedding UNLESS the whole point of getting married was for a storyline. Knowling Jax and Brittany, been 'seen' getting married is more important that actually marrying. I do now understand why she didn't show up for HWLA reunion. She needs to go on a holiday and allow herself to fully grieve.

• Love 4
On 6/16/2019 at 2:09 PM, Marley said:

Pretty sure that’s not Ariana.

But who is it? It kind of looks like Ariana with some weight gain. Anyway to verify who that is in the pic 

On 6/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, ivygirl said:

How sad. It’s been a tough year for Lisa. 

I get postponing stuff with LVP.... But I can’t imagjne that they’d postpone the wedding for this? 

I think LVP is putting her filming with VPR on hold but I don't think that will affect filming for the other cast members. Definitely, think the wedding will go on and they will make some kind of reference acknowledging LVP's absence.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I think LVP is putting her filming with VPR on hold but I don't think that will affect filming for the other cast members. Definitely, think the wedding will go on and they will make some kind of reference acknowledging LVP's absence.

I’ve been thinking about it (I know, I know) and it will probably be a moment of drama and conflict. “We can’t have this wedding without Lisa!” Jax especially because I can see him looking for an out...

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 6/25/2019 at 10:44 AM, ivygirl said:

I’ve been thinking about it (I know, I know) and it will probably be a moment of drama and conflict. “We can’t have this wedding without Lisa!” Jax especially because I can see him looking for an out...

Lisa VP was at the wedding and Ariana has gained weight.

(edited)

I don't think LVP should have gone to the wedding. It's not necessary that she go and there is no doubt that her mother's death will be built into the next season. A nice gift and a quick chat on FaceTime is all she needed to do.

They sold the wedding access to People; this shit was comped to high heaven. Because he's an asshole, Shep spent the entire wedding spoiling every last bit of it on his Instagram until someone told him to delete his posts. Apparently, the seating chart listed Ken as Ken Vanderpump and Larry Birkhead was at their table.

https://people.com/tv/vanderpump-rules-jax-taylor-brittany-cartwright-married/

Oh Stripperella, you got to go the ball, meet your Prince Charming, marry him, and live happily ever after. Also Lauren from Utah is a hard looking 40.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Easily one of the fugliest wedding dresses I have ever seen, and I thought Scheana’s was the worst. It looks like she’s standing there in her underwear and the real dress is on a hanger somewhere. 

Lala looking more and more like a 00s playboy playmate, or one or Hef’s blonde girlfriends, every day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Easily one of the fugliest wedding dresses I have ever seen, and I thought Scheana’s was the worst. It looks like she’s standing there in her underwear and the real dress is on a hanger somewhere. 

Lala looking more and more like a 00s playboy playmate, or one or Hef’s blonde girlfriends, every day.

Lala looks so old.

• Love 7

Her dress is totally fugly and his tux is a poor fit - no surprise to either.

Surprised that Lisa was there, but as much as I like her, I wouldn't doubt there was some element of a slap in the face to the BH beoytches involved in that, as well as a tacit implication of where Lisa's public priorities are.

2 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Her dress is totally fugly and his tux is a poor fit - no surprise to either.

Surprised that Lisa was there, but as much as I like her, I wouldn't doubt there was some element of a slap in the face to the BH beoytches involved in that, as well as a tacit implication of where Lisa's public priorities are.

That dress is fucking horrible and her boobs look like soccer balls. WTF? And you're right, his tux is a mess. Where was FI Tom when he was being fitted?

What the heck has happened to Lala's face? I was looking at some photos at another site and did not recognize her until I saw her in another photo with Rand the Man. She was so attractive! What on earth was she thinking?!?

I'm okay with Lisa going to the wedding. She's been through a bloody awful lot this past year and probably needed to witness a bit of joy.

• Love 14
(edited)

I was surprised at the ho-hummy-ness of the wedding dress.  I just expected something more...figure flattering, I guess. 

I'm sure it was everything Ms. Brittney ever dreamed of, complete with Prince  Charmeleon.  She would settle for nothing less.  

Geez.  Jax is still mad at his mother???  Oh, well.  Maybe she'll up and die and he can blame her death for his getting a divorce from Brittney. 

Or....

Maybe he can blame his sister for not telling him ma was dying and he can take it out on James when they have another sit-down and James exposes him for the dumb ass he is. 

The ensuing fisticuffs could make for some mighty, stellar headlines.  Get them another 15 minutes on their public walk of shame fame!  

Lala!  What are you doing to yourself?  Please.  Stop.  😧 

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 4