Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

One big issue with Emma's departure is that she's a big connection point for the other characters. She's Hook's tie to the Charmings and Regina, as well as a lot of the reason they even associate with Rumple now (though they seem to keep forgetting that she's Rumple's grandson's mother -- Rumple doesn't even care). If Emma's out of the picture, there's no reason why Hook would bother hanging out with any of the others who are supposedly left. He'd want to actively avoid Rumple, unless he's working to stop his latest evil scheme. He and Regina don't much like each other, so without Emma and Henry, I don't think they'd bother giving each other the time of day. There's also no reason why Hook would have anything to do with Zelena without Emma to tie him to Regina, and through her to Zelena. He's not friends with any of these people, especially if you remove Emma and Henry from the equation. All of the people Hook has any kind of relationship with are going to be gone, so it's going to take some contrived writing to keep him in the picture. If Emma's somehow missing or in a curse, to explain her absence, then unless these others are helping him find her, there's even less reason for him to be hanging with them instead of moving heaven and earth to get to Emma.

The wish realm really is the only way I can imagine this working with the cast they've mentioned, and even there, what about King Henry? And Robin? I do think they'd de-age Hook really fast, just because the network isn't going to let them keep their resident heartthrob looking old and icky.

• Love 1
(edited)

I expect the new guy to be King Henry. I think he will come across the little girl and befriend her, not knowing who her mother is.

I just can't figure out how fairy godmother Tiger Lily ties in with her, unless in the group's realm hopping they pick up Tiger Lily in Neverland and her outfit automatically changes when she gets to the EF like theirs do. Then somehow she winds up in the Wish realm. There was some talk of the EF being destroyed by the Black Fairy, so perhaps EF residents could take refuge in the Wish realm. (Not sure if the show would bother worrying about the possibility of having two of some people.) Or she's just a Wish Realm version of Tiger.

Robin they'd just kill off or turn into an absent father.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm not sure they'd kill off Robin. Cause I think they want to show he was redeemed through Regina. They clearly had a connection and if the little girl is the savior of the wish realm, then I think Robin may appear in S7.

It would also explain why they wouldn't need Josh, Ginny, or Emilie in S7 cause they're all dead in WR aside from JMO cause Emma was the only one that didn't exist in wish realm.

I wonder if Hook gets trapped in the WR in the premiere and he somehow has to spend next season finding his way home to Emma and maybe they'll do something like Emma's prego so he doesn't want to miss the birth of his child or something.

So it would be a race against time and everything to get back home. Basically a rehash of 6B w/ Hook but throughout the whole season this time.

He's not friends with any of these people, especially if you remove Emma and Henry from the equation. All of the people Hook has any kind of relationship with are going to be gone, so it's going to take some contrived writing to keep him in the picture. If Emma's somehow missing or in a curse, to explain her absence, then unless these others are helping him find her, there's even less reason for him to be hanging with them instead of moving heaven and earth to get to Emma.

If Emma is trapped somewhere or "Dobreved" then I imagine the plot of the season for Hook will be saving her.

Edited by cappoe
4 minutes ago, cappoe said:

If Emma is trapped somewhere or "Dobreved" then I imagine the plot of the season for Hook will be saving her.

They'd never devote a season's plot to somebody who may never appear on the show again. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, Souris said:

They'd never devote a season's plot to somebody who may never appear on the show again. 

They did it with Dobrev and she didn't appear for a season and a half. And if it's the last season I am sure JMO will appear in the series finale along with everyone else.

Edited by cappoe
1 minute ago, cappoe said:

They did it with Dobrev and she didn't appear for a season and a half. And if it's the last season I am sure JMO will appear in the series finale along with everyone else.

There is absolutely no way to be sure of that. Who knows what jobs people will book that could preclude that. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, Souris said:

There is absolutely no way to be sure of that. Who knows what jobs people will book that could preclude that. 

If Melissa Mccarthy can have time to do one scene in the GG Revival when she's a movie star, JMO can find time to come back and shoot a bit for the series finale, much like everyone else. I don't think Emma will just appear in the premiere but that's JMO.

Edited by cappoe

The problem with a "Save Emma" storyline with no guarantee that she'd return, is the possibility of doing an entire storyline with no payoff.  Though that's basically the MO of this show, so maybe.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Camera One said:

The problem with a "Save Emma" storyline with no guarantee that she'd return, is the possibility of doing an entire storyline with no payoff.  Though that's basically the MO of this show, so maybe.

I guess we can see how it's set up in the season premiere. However if it's something to the regard of save Emma or something with her, then that's gonna be a plot of the season. They always set up things to explore in the season premiere.

Even the irrelevant Untold Stories were set up in the premiere and got focus till they got bored with them.

If it's all abotu Hook getting back to Emma from somewhere then the focus is just on Hook.

Edited by cappoe

If they wanted to do a save Emma story, they could film the final scene while filming the premiere, so they wouldn't have to worry about Jen's availability later. She'd probably be willing to go for something like that since it wouldn't interfere with any future projects she has going. I'm sure they'd have to negotiate payment, but I think that's less of a sticking point for Jen.

In actual spoiler news, there is no news. What's up with that? Shouldn't there be at least a little promotion? No sneak peek of the Black Fairy muhahaha-ing over Emma in the asylum? No sad Hook worried about his new wife, with whom he didn't even get a wedding night? No Woobie!Rumpel worried about Belle being missing because his mother is a freak show and he picked the wrong side again?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

If they wanted to do a save Emma story, they could film the final scene while filming the premiere, so they wouldn't have to worry about Jen's availability later. She'd probably be willing to go for something like that since it wouldn't interfere with any future projects she has going. I'm sure they'd have to negotiate payment, but I think that's less of a sticking point for Jen.

I've always wondered why they don't use that strategy more... in fact, it has never happened in a show I've watched.  When a cast member leaves, why not film some stock footage to use later?  They could have CGI'd all the guest characters from "Once" into Emma's wedding.

28 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I've always wondered why they don't use that strategy more... in fact, it has never happened in a show I've watched.  When a cast member leaves, why not film some stock footage to use later?  They could have CGI'd all the guest characters from "Once" into Emma's wedding.

It probably has to do with contracts and union rules and compensation and getting proper credit for episodes for medical and retirement benefits and other complicated legal stuff that no one wants to touch.

At least for me up until Jens announcement,  I was okay with it going either way, if it was renewed I would watch, if it was cancelled I would understand and be fine with that. 

Once Jen said she was out, I didn't want it renewed anymore cuz I don't trust the writers not to mess up her story & relationship with Hook. I just don't understand what they can do with Hook without Emma there, unless it's all Flashbacks. 

• Love 1
(edited)

In terms of story, it's probably easier to write for a brand new character like a CS son than Grown Up Henry.  Maybe with Emma and Snowing MIA, Regina had to be the mother to that son when he was an infant.  They could use flashbacks to show when he was given up, how he grew up in the foster system and how his WALLS developed.  And now he has to deal with being a Savior and getting along with his long-lost father Hook and his godmother Regina.  He has to deal with learning magic.  Basically, no need for new ideas... he's a Male Emma.

Edited by Camera One

I am leaning towards adult Henry. His coloring seems all wrong to have been cast as Hook and Emma's son. Besides if he's CS son that precludes a happy ending for Emma.

• Love 1
(edited)

I would be okay with a time jump spinoff. Like a "next generation" type thing. I just don't see how you could have Adult!Henry trapped without hope for years... but, then again, A&E did stick the Rumpbelle baby in an underground labor camp for nearly three decades. So any amount of bleakness is possible on this show, I guess. I'd much rather the actor be the CS baby.

Adult Duckling, Pistachio, and Snowflake would be bomb.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, daxx said:

I am leaning towards adult Henry. His coloring seems all wrong to have been cast as Hook and Emma's son. Besides if he's CS son that precludes a happy ending for Emma.

There really isn't a happy ending though.  No Honeymoon, trapped in a mental institution.  Sounds like they ride off into the sunset solving crime in Storybrooke, is that a happy ending?

(edited)
23 minutes ago, maryle said:

Ok, the new guy also filmed another pilot besides Once. I don't know what to think about that!!!

That was in 2015 so immaterial.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

There really isn't a happy ending though.  No Honeymoon, trapped in a mental institution.  Sounds like they ride off into the sunset solving crime in Storybrooke, is that a happy ending?

If, as I suspect, part of the final battle is Storybrooke permanently losing magic and becoming part of the real world, then yes, sheriffing together and driving off into the sunset is living happily ever after.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

I would be okay with a time jump spinoff. Like a "next generation" type thing.

Yeah, there are enough kids right now to make it work.

I've been trying to come up with a storyline that involves Hook, Rumple and Regina, and only them, that it's in present time, that makes sense and that  doesn't mess with the happy endings, and it's impossible. I can come up with ideas for each one of them, but not for all three together.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Yeah, there are enough kids right now to make it work.

I've been trying to come up with a storyline that involves Hook, Rumple and Regina, and only them, that it's in present time, that makes sense and that  doesn't mess with the happy endings, and it's impossible. I can come up with ideas for each one of them, but not for all three together.

Belle, Emma, and Henry are imprisoned by the Hope Comission for failing to purify the villains' hearts. The only way they can be saved is if Hook, Rumple, and Regina can prove they are truly heroes by giving all of their living victims happy endings.

• Love 2

This complete radio silence from Adam and no sneak peeks or script teases.....do you think they might be furiously re-editing???

This is the season finale (if not series end)...they should be promoting the hell out of it. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, RadioGirl27 said:

I could kind of maybe sort of make it work if they had a guarantee of at least one additional episode for Emma and the rest of her family, but it seems really dangerous to base a story arc on saving/reuniting with a character when there's no assurance that they will be able to get that actor. As much as I love the character of Hook, there's much more potential story material without busting up a happy ending and ruining Emma's story without him. Let him and Emma sail off to explore the realms on the Jolly Roger in the season premiere (with the implication that the rest of the family is already back in the Enchanted Forest) and then finally do that story about the place where the Evil Queen can get her happy ending that they've always wanted to do, with Regina and Zelena holding down the fort in Storybrooke, occasionally helped and occasionally hindered by Rumple. Handwave away Henry by suggesting that he's splitting his time between his bio mom/stepdad and Regina, and the way this show is paced, with a whole season fitting into a couple of weeks, he's not gone that long and we just never happen to see him when he's visiting Regina. If Hook is around without Emma, that means Emma's happy beginning has been somehow destroyed, and it more or less negates everything that came before. It's like the transition between Aliens and Alien 3 (I mean, if an Alien 3 actually existed, which it doesn't), where they rendered the entire previous movie pointless in the aftermath. I'm not sure I could cope with Hook's Emma-less existence.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I could kind of maybe sort of make it work if they had a guarantee of at least one additional episode for Emma and the rest of her family, but it seems really dangerous to base a story arc on saving/reuniting with a character when there's no assurance that they will be able to get that actor. As much as I love the character of Hook, there's much more potential story material without busting up a happy ending and ruining Emma's story without him. Let him and Emma sail off to explore the realms on the Jolly Roger in the season premiere (with the implication that the rest of the family is already back in the Enchanted Forest) and then finally do that story about the place where the Evil Queen can get her happy ending that they've always wanted to do, with Regina and Zelena holding down the fort in Storybrooke, occasionally helped and occasionally hindered by Rumple. Handwave away Henry by suggesting that he's splitting his time between his bio mom/stepdad and Regina, and the way this show is paced, with a whole season fitting into a couple of weeks, he's not gone that long and we just never happen to see him when he's visiting Regina. If Hook is around without Emma, that means Emma's happy beginning has been somehow destroyed, and it more or less negates everything that came before. It's like the transition between Aliens and Alien 3 (I mean, if an Alien 3 actually existed, which it doesn't), where they rendered the entire previous movie pointless in the aftermath. I'm not sure I could cope with Hook's Emma-less existence.

Piggybacking off your comment about the show being slow paced, which is totally correct, the storyline could be that Hook & Regina have to leave and go rescue Andrew Wests character that is if he's an older Henry? Emma can't go because they have other children, so she sends Hook off with Regina to help, and the season only takes place over the course of a week or two. So it's not like Hook is gone from Emma for a really long time, and they still have their "Happy Beginning" 

Honestly, I will probably find be more interesting a next generation kind of show.  More possibility! We are going to find out soon.

But, first I want to know if there is season 7 or not.  Why are they still editing?

3 hours ago, daxx said:

If, as I suspect, part of the final battle is Storybrooke permanently losing magic and becoming part of the real world, then yes, sheriffing together and driving off into the sunset is living happily ever after.

Except Zelena was seen with Pistachio on the streets of Storybrooke magicking up a stuffed monkey. That doesn't signal no magic in town at the end.

8 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

Except Zelena was seen with Pistachio on the streets of Storybrooke magicking up a stuffed monkey. That doesn't signal no magic in town at the end.

I don't recall that spoiler but Zelena's not a fav of mine and I probably didn't look at those BTS. Perhaps just Emma's savior role is ended. I would think as long as magical villains can come to Storybrooke a HEA is hard to pull off.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

This complete radio silence from Adam and no sneak peeks or script teases.....do you think they might be furiously re-editing???

This is the season finale (if not series end)...they should be promoting the hell out of it. 

No, because they already re-edited and re-shot scenes for the last 5 episodes while they were filming the finale.  They've known she was leaving since at least the first part of March.  So the finale would've been filmed and written knowing this was basically Emma's last episode.

The ratings were poor for the musical, so my guess is they are either cancelled or have decided just to focus on next season since they've been renewed already.

The show is technically on hiatus so for all we know, Adam's on vacation.  It's the network who releases sneak peeks.

Why would he voluntarily be in a Twitter storm when he can't answer anything till we've seen the finale anyway.  Releasing script teases will also draw a storm.

3 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Piggybacking off your comment about the show being slow paced, which is totally correct, the storyline could be that Hook & Regina have to leave and go rescue Andrew Wests character that is if he's an older Henry? Emma can't go because they have other children, so she sends Hook off with Regina to help, and the season only takes place over the course of a week or two. So it's not like Hook is gone from Emma for a really long time, and they still have their "Happy Beginning" 

I don't think they'd ever send Regina and Hook off on a mission together.  It would be a Regina and Emma mission to get Henry back.

23 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I doubt that would be the case, that would mean Zelina got her magic back, and her sacrifice quickly undone and ultimately without much consequences or impact.  We all know from watching this show, that every action has lasting and deep consequences and the ramifications continue to affect their lives for a long time.

• Love 6
(edited)

It's been renewed.  Now the question is how many episodes, and who is or isn't coming back. And I really hope they don't mess up Emma's happy ending. Grr. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

I'll stick it out for Lana and Colin (plus I hate to not see a show in its entirety this close to the end). It would be easier to watch if Mader was coming back, too, but.... If only we could've got rid of Carlyle though.

• Love 2
(edited)

In the Hollywood Reporter article it states that "The ABC Studios drama is poised to feature a big time jump next season" - and talks about the rumor that the new guy is Henry but Older.  

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If only we could've got rid of Carlyle though.

Yes - I am not sure why I feel so strongly about this, but it disappoints me that they think Gold is a crucial character for a reboot.  I now cringe whenever he is on the screen with either his impish giggle as Rumple or his oh so serious whisper talk as Gold.  I do think he is a good actor and I used to really enjoy the character, but he has just been going through the motions for awhile, and it has been a long time since they have shown a new facet to the character.  Everything we have seen this year has already been done at least once with him.

Regina has been over done a bit as well, but I do think her character has shown some evolution and I don't feel as strongly about her staying on the show.  Although if they really want to rejuvenate the show through the reboot, they probably should move on from both of the characters, because they tend to slide into familiar lazy writing, and I suspect in the reboot we will see them go through the same issues again, instead of focusing on the new.

Negativity aside, I am happy for the people involved with the show to keep their jobs for another year, and you never know it might give it the shot of adrenaline it needs.  I will probably give it a try, but have a feeling I won't be watching it as regularly, unless it really pulls me in.  My biggest concern is some characters might be cheated out of their happy endings to have the show go one more year and it continues to circle down the drain rather than get a fresh start.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, CCTC said:

My biggest concern is some characters might be cheated out of their happy endings to have the show go one more year and it continues to circle down the drain rather than get a fresh start.

For sure this.  Characters who are leaving have already been cheated of having a proper final season.  I don't believe the crap A&E are spewing that this finale will satisfactorily conclude their stories.  You can't do that in 2 hours.  

• Love 4

If THR is right and Andrew West from TWD is an older Henry, I will be interested in seeing how that goes.

I don't think all the others will die, but will end up in some curse/realm.

• Love 1

....and still nothing for the finale...!!

Is it still airing on Sunday...cos you'd never know by the lack of promotion...how truly awful is it if they can't find even 1 miserable sneak peek..

39 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

miserable sneak peek

Seems you hit the nail on the head before you even saw it ;). I don't think I can handle 2 hours of Henry trying to convince Emma to believe. Is this really what they came up with for JMo's final episode?? Argh.

• Love 3
(edited)
51 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

....and still nothing for the finale...!!

Is it still airing on Sunday...cos you'd never know by the lack of promotion...how truly awful is it if they can't find even 1 miserable sneak peek..

Seriously. I'm already approaching Sunday's episode like I would a funeral. 

A little sneak peek would be nice to get me feeling some sort of excitement. 

ETA: Oh I see there is a sneak peek.....and it's depressing me even more. Womp Womp. 

Edited by Sarcastica
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kktjones said:

Seems you hit the nail on the head before you even saw it ;). I don't think I can handle 2 hours of Henry trying to convince Emma to believe. Is this really what they came up with for JMo's final episode?? Argh.

Well it will probably be Henry that does convince her vs a TLK from Hook.  Because even her last episode she can't have that with her husband.

• Love 4

Unfortunately we know it isn't a TLK with Hook because she has her memories when Hook & the others return from the EF, so it doesn't look like he plays any role in her believing :(. No TLK, no adventure, no honeymoon, no happiness for Emma & Hook beyond quick reunion and the HEF montage...

• Love 5