Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I'm really surprised Robert seems likely to re-sign. Is it because his other planned project fell through? I was expecting him to die at the end of the season, but it seems like Rumpel and Belle get their happy ending with a baby Gideon.

This Snowing/Young Emma story is going to be rage inducing, isn't it? I greatly fear that this show is going to frame this as Snowing's sacrifice and ignore its real effect in that it's Emma's sacrifice. This is especially true because Emma is going to have to "die" to save them all because of their past problems.

Rumple could die and they'd still need Carlyle for flashbacks since Rumple is so woven into the history.

• Love 1

Has anyone figured out how Past!Rumple can even explain to Snowing about not interfering with Young!Emma when Past!Rumple doesn't even know he's Rumple until 28YEAROLD!Emma comes to town? I'm seriously hoping it's just a dream type situation thing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, maryle said:

Here we go again!!

New article from deadline saying that the four (Colin, Jen, Lana and Robert) veterans actors from Once are near reaching a deal for their return in season 7. 

I do believe the  tree firstly but Robert maybe it him who will come back with limited time FB?

Personally I think JMO, Colin, and Lana are back. Bobby is out.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sharky said:

I wouldn't necessarily mind if this was a sideways flash, like Snowing are both in a coma because of the sleeping curse and can go back to get Emma. In that case, they're balancing getting Emma early and not breaking the curse vs. Emma living her life as expected -- for better and worse -- knowing that she will have Henry and Hook in her life later. But if this is some flashback during David's original coma or something and they have this experience during the curse, there's going to need to be lots of extra drama created that won't make me happy.

I'm hoping its the former as well, because if they see Emma as a young child, but decide to abandon her all over again so she can become the savior, that's just too wrong - even for this show. Then again, these are the writers that thought having Hook murder Emma's grandfather was compelling television, so who knows. Prepare your tables for flipping...

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, cappoe said:

Personally I think JMO, Colin, and Lana are back. Bobby is out.

As long as JMO is there to some degree, I don't think an S7 would be a total disaster. I mean, it'll suck because TS,TW, but she is what holds everything together.

I wouldn't necessarily mind if this was a sideways flash, like Snowing are both in a coma because of the sleeping curse and can go back to get Emma. In that case, they're balancing getting Emma early and not breaking the curse vs. Emma living her life as expected -- for better and worse -- knowing that she will have Henry and Hook in her life later.

I wouldn't mind if it were some sort of Sideways!Emma thing, and they get a TLK from her or something. But, the press release doesn't make it sound that way.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Sheesh. All Emma has to do to break the curse is show up in Storybrooke and give someone True Love's Kiss. Same reason the logic why she couldn't have become the Savior if Neal didn't break off his relationship with her was faulty.

I really, really hope Gideon gets reverted back to babyhood. Whether it's Rumple's magic, or Blue's, and/or something possible because time is wonky in the Dark Realm.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I guess Neverland was bigger than we thought. Why was Tiger Lily never mentioned?

Obviously because they just thought of her. lol I don't necessarily mind it. This kind of retcon is not necessarily a bad thing.

7 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

...if they can kick Emma in the guts, besmirch Snowing and try to make us believe Regina casting the Dark Curse was really the best thing for everyone, we know they will and smirk condescendingly while doing it.

Exactly. The writers want to take one last opportunity to crap all over Snowing and sanctify Regina. 

Also, count me in as another person who is only enjoying Hook's side-adventures with guest stars this half-season, even if it's completely irrelevant to the main plot. Smh.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

This kind of retcon is not necessarily a bad thing.

It's not so much that the Tiger Lily retcon is bad, in and of itself. It's just that Neverland should have been more interesting back in 3A. There's so much they could have done with it, but they didn't bother building that world, including Tiger Lily and her people.

With Hook's adventures, we're getting a bigger and better picture of these places than we've had in the whole series. His story actually feels like a fairytale/storybook adventure, unlike anything else that's going on in the series. It also helps that he has a positive goal -- get back to Storybrooke -- and has had a plan. Back in Storybrooke, they're just kind of doing their usual wheel-spinning.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

With Hook's adventures, we're getting a bigger and better picture of these places than we've had in the whole series. His story actually feels like a fairytale/storybook adventure, unlike anything else that's going on in the series. It also helps that he has a positive goal -- get back to Storybrooke -- and has had a plan. Back in Storybrooke, they're just kind of doing their usual wheel-spinning.

There is some speculation that Emma somehow joins Hook in Neverland and brings him home with her (I think most of this is based on the Leaf Lady's post that included a photo of two female stand-ins - one blonde, one brunette, and JMOs post about traveling a long way to work that same day). I guess I just wish she had been with him the entire time. How fun would it be to see the two of them navigate through these adventures together? Or even if David or someone else had been along for the ride. I just can't figure out why they sent him out on his own. Back when we were getting spoilers that indicated he was on an adventure isolated from the rest of the main cast someone theorized they were testing him out as a solo character for S7. I didn't believe it then, but I'm really starting to wonder if there was some truth to that. Otherwise there's really no reason for it at all (although I am enjoying the heck out of it!).

• Love 5
5 hours ago, snarkastic said:

Has anyone figured out how Past!Rumple can even explain to Snowing about not interfering with Young!Emma when Past!Rumple doesn't even know he's Rumple until 28YEAROLD!Emma comes to town? I'm seriously hoping it's just a dream type situation thing.

If he heard Emma's name he would have known he was Rumple. The question then becomes how on earth someone would turn Rumple back into the Mr. Gold he was in the Pilot. To make things as they were in the Pilot, we would have to have Snow, David, and Rumple lose their memories and David get put back into a coma. It seems way too complicated. That said, I've never been completely sold on Gold not remembering before the Pilot (and yes, I know what the writers have said on the subject), because there's at least one pre-Emma flashback where he seems to be Rumple. Plus, the whole finding Henry for Regina to adopt thing. 

If this is a real event and not a dream, I would think the Black Fairy or Rumple himself would be the only ones who could put everything back as it should be to match the Pilot. Maybe Snow and Charming's memories go into the mobile and that's why Gold seemed to be pointing David to it way back in the first season.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

Maybe Snow and Charming's memories go into the mobile and that's why Gold seemed to be pointing David to it way back in the first season.

That is such a cool idea! The writers definitely won't think of it. Heck, I'm sure they don't even remember that scene. :-p

• Love 3

The last shot of that Hook teaser has me wondering if the makeup people are so detail-oriented that they gave Hook a small red welt on his neck where he got jabbed by a dart, or if that's just Colin's Irish skin showing where he got poked in the neck by a fake dart.

• Love 1

Except, for the question of cs will be reunite in this episode and as some said there good indication it could happen. And everything concerning the marriage (who will propose? How? When?)  This  Rumbelle and ending EQ  arc is so underwhelming it is not funny.

The only funny part is thinking that how A and E. wanted since 5 year ending their original story. That is funny! Or scary?

Honestly, the only new character remodely fascinating is the BF I am now looking for her centric.  I want to know why Emma is her target and what is her past with the Blue Faery?

But, before there a totally filler Zelena centric and if I do like Zelena but really it's centric seem as out of place as the Merida one. 

Edited by maryle
Spelling
  • Love 1

The snowing stuff and little Emma if I can forget the recon and how they will probably make Snowing not care for Emma as a person is definitely something to looking for.

It seems like Rebecca M. As officially made her adieu to playing Zelena in a pic she posted today.

She basically said it was a honor to have been played her on the show.

I will have keep her over Regina anyway. Zelena can be funny and Rebecca is fantastic!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, maryle said:

But, before there a totally filler Zelena centric and if I do like Zelena but really it's centric seem as out of place as the Merida one. 

Basically it's taking the space of the filler episodes that we got in S5 a and b.

I could get on board with s7.if it's CS sailing the realms looking to reunite the little girl with her family. There could finally be CS as the kick arse swashbuckling power couple having outrageously fun  adventures, snarky Regina and shell phone calls home to Snowing and Henry  (who's been shunted off to college). Ariel and Nemo  can help.

Oooh..maybe the little girl is Ariel and Eric's who BOTH got lost this time. Ha!

Let's see...we'll need:

New showrunners

New and competent writers who have actually seen the show and bother to check canon and previous rules

Minimal flashbacks...keep it current, please, except where it really drives the story

Yes, I know...it's called 'hope and fancy'...I fancy it but won't get my hopes up. 

• Love 5

"Any changes that we have to accommodate have been accommodated,” adds co-creator Eddy Kitsis. “We planned this finale from the beginning of the year, so whoever stays and whoever goes… all those questions have already been dealt with. The audience does not have to fear [anything feeling] incomplete.”

Yeah ok, dude. 

I'm scared. 

• Love 5

I don't trust A&E, and I doubt they are going to give a real and proper closure to some characters. 

Hook and Emma's stories are so intertwined that if Colin stays and Jennifer goes, which seems likely at this point, their stories are not going to have a proper ending. 

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

I could get on board with s7.if it's CS sailing the realms looking to reunite the little girl with her family. There could finally be CS as the kick arse swashbuckling power couple having outrageously fun  adventures, snarky Regina and shell phone calls home to Snowing and Henry  (who's been shunted off to college). Ariel and Nemo  can help.

Oooh..maybe the little girl is Ariel and Eric's who BOTH got lost this time. Ha!

Let's see...we'll need:

New showrunners

New and competent writers who have actually seen the show and bother to check canon and previous rules

Minimal flashbacks...keep it current, please, except where it really drives the story

Yes, I know...it's called 'hope and fancy'...I fancy it but won't get my hopes up. 

I agree with that list but I want to find out season6b was some sort of dream so Hook, Baelfire and likely in the coming episode Snowing aren't character asssinated to make Regina and Rumple look better.  Second we can get the real CS proposal.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

I don't trust A&E, and I doubt they are going to give a real and proper closure to some characters. 

Hook and Emma's stories are so intertwined that if Colin stays and Jennifer goes, which seems likely at this point, their stories are not going to have a proper ending. 

...Actually it doesn't seem likely at all. It's sounding way more likely that Colin and Jennifer will stay on as series regulars for S7 but while Colin will be in all the episodes JMO will be in fewer than 22. I'm saying realistically anywhere between 15-19 sounds reasonable for her. That's what it means to be part time. You stay on as a regular, you're just not in all 22 episodes of the season.

Then again if the season is only gonna be 13 episodes then I can easily see her just staying for all of them cause it's the final 13.

I think Gosh, Bex, Emilie, and Bobby are out. I think the reason they're not revealing whom is staying is because it would cause spoilers.

Bobby leaving with all those rumors means confirmation Rumple dies. JMO staying means confirmation which we ALL know already that Emma lives through the final battle or whatever. Sure she may "die" but it's not gonna stick. She may be dead for about the same amount of time Charming was.

• Love 1

I am believing the the rumors about Colin,Jen and Lana coming back not because of the paper gossip but because it is the most logical proposition.

But, I believe the new show will be more about the new guy and the little girl with the veterans more as guide and soutien for them.

But, will see more after the final! 

And ,if the new man is not Henry older is Jared coming back?

I just read the quote from Eddy referenced above:

“Any changes that we have to accommodate have been accommodated,” adds co-creator Eddy Kitsis. “We planned this finale from the beginning of the year, so whoever stays and whoever goes… all those questions have already been dealt with. The audience does not have to fear [anything feeling] incomplete.”

How could it NOT feel incomplete?  There are five episodes left, and key characters (probably those being booted) have been mostly MIA for weeks.  

They planned this finale from the beginning of the year?  Yeah right!  Who's the biggest liar of them all, eh?  And IF they actually did plan this finale from the beginning of the year, boy they must really don't care about the fans of the characters who are leaving.  If you're never going to have certain characters as regulars ever again (maybe possibly never appearing), you don't try to do more of the relationships that have been neglected for years?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

They planned this finale from the beginning of the year?  Yeah right!  Who's the biggest liar of them all, eh?  

I think he meant "the year" as in 2017, meaning since January.  Statements from Channing Dungey and other articles corroborate this.

January 2016 is also when they began planning the end of Season 5, including Robin's death.

• Love 1

Is anyone else's cableguide giving a uh odd description for next week's episode?

Mine lists a new episode with OAD 4/23/17 and states "A bailbonds woman comes to Storybrook".  

Are they seriously going to use time travel shennanigans tonight to re-do the pilot next week?

Cleo wasn't really dead. She's coming to Storybrooke after searching for Emma for years. Cleo always gets her man. 

Sadly, even though I'm totally joking, I wouldn't put it past the writers to come up with the above scenario.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Is anyone else's cableguide giving a uh odd description for next week's episode?

Mine lists a new episode with OAD 4/23/17 and states "A bailbonds woman comes to Storybrook".  

I think that's a generic description of the series. That's the kind of thing my cable guide uses until the specific episode description comes out in the news release, usually on Mondays. This show is weird about them not putting out specific episode information until after the previous episode airs.

• Love 1

Whose bright idea was it to put a random Zelena filler in between!?

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't appear she's doing anything productive either. It's the "character decides it's time to defeat the Big Bad NOW but fails" phase of the arc. Do we seriously need to put the "final battle" on hold just to see the Tin Man and Cowardly Lion? Zelena has had nothing to do with 6B until now.

• Love 1

The Zelena centric should have replaced the useless Jasmine centric or the Beowulf episode. These last few episodes should all be cohesive, yet this feels like such a random detour.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Curio said:

The Zelena centric should have replaced the useless Jasmine centric or the Beowulf episode. These last few episodes should all be cohesive, yet this feels like such a random detour.

Most of the last episodes have felt like a checklist of stuff they needed to wrap up.  The EQ storyline.  The Alladin storyline.  Wake up Snowing, etc.  Zelena is clearly on the bucket list.  I don't think they have any coherent arc in this half beyond needing to check off the list.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Most of the last episodes have felt like a checklist of stuff they needed to wrap up.  The EQ storyline.  The Alladin storyline.  Wake up Snowing, etc.  Zelena is clearly on the bucket list.  I don't think they have any coherent arc in this half beyond needing to check off the list.

Exactly and I've noted that when we were getting spoilers for 6b, there's no cohesion, it's a checklist to wrap most of the things up.

• Love 1

The line Snow said tonight about Emma not having to face the final battle alone made me a bit sad because it'd be cool if all the characters were involved, but we already know they're stuck watching from the sidelines again. 

• Love 3

That was the second anvil the BF dropped about being part of a family.....

Anyone else getting retread vibes from the Snow Queen casting the Shattered Sight spell to make Emma and Elsa her 'sisters' and BF possibly casting her curse to get her twisted family of Darkness??

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Curio said:

I had successfully blocked out the Beowulf episode from my memory...thanks for the reminder!

The all poweful wand that Tiger Lily had looks like it needs to be joined to something...maybe a piece of True Love sapling...

I know..let it go ... but David noted how powerful Snowing's sapling was. If it is chock full of True Love and Emma is made of True Love and as Killian is her True Love, then a CS True Love sapling would make a pretty powerful handle to that broken all powerful stub. Then put that in the hands of Emma...wow.

But...we know the sapling will never be referenced again...what was it's point????

• Love 2

I think it will be based on the beanstalk spoilers. I'm pretty sure the beanstalk is the Captain Swan truly love sapling. Just not sure how that fits in considering it's in the finale. That seems to be cutting it close. 

10 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

we know the sapling will never be referenced again

42 minutes ago, sharky said:

I think it will be based on the beanstalk spoilers

I have no faith that these writers will actually revisit a random magical object - not when they can just invent a brand new one (or three) every episode. I think in 5x21 or 22 they may go to the beanstalk to see if they can find any leftover magic beans and instead find that it had been cut down. 

• Love 1

Yay, Emma and Killian and Emma and her parents are reunited at least.  I'm guessing in the next episode, Emma and Killian will have a romantic date, and we will also see Emma, Snow and Charming spend some quality time together coming up with a really intelligent and step-by-step plan to defeat The Black Fairy.  As the show plans its reboot with a renewed focus on Emma, Snow and Charming.  This bottle of Delusion Cider is really quite delicious.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 14

Camera One if only. Their won't be anytime for these people to relax. Snowing ain't seen each other in weeks and Emma thought Hook left her. You think they'll give them time to relax? Not this show. Even on Walking Dead gave Michonne and Rick moments to just relax while living in an apocalyptic world.

INTERVIEWER: Talk about Snow and David’s reunion after waking from the sleeping curse. 

GOODWIN: It is like many Once Upon a Time reunions. It is dramatic and brief in elation in our realizing immediately that something else is going on.

LOL, it's hard not to see a little jab in there.  "Brief" and "realizing immediately that something else is going on" aka exit stage left.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, Camera One said:

LOL, it's hard not to see a little jab in there.  "Brief" and "realizing immediately that something else is going on" aka exit stage left.

A&E love killing happy moments with fire.

I love the musical key art. Finally a decent one, after the boring-to-bad ones since S3.

The art is neat. I just wish the title was as generic as "The Once Upon a Time Musical Episode". Why not "Once Upon a Time: The Musical" or just call put down the episode's actual title, "The Song In Your Heart".

Zelena is clearly on the bucket list.  I don't think they have any coherent arc in this half beyond needing to check off the list.

While I love Zelena, she gets really crappy plots the majority of the time. I'm dreading this upcoming episode because it's an excuse to show off half-assed Oz imagery. Her character was lobotomized sometime offscreen in 6B, and I hate it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

While I love Zelena, she gets really crappy plots the majority of the time. I'm dreading this upcoming episode because it's an excuse to show off half-assed Oz imagery. Her character was lobotomized sometime offscreen in 6B, and I hate it.

I think its an excuse to explore why BF kidnaps children to work in mines.

Are infant hearts perfectly heart shaped pink little hearts because I was wondering what that was in the promo.

Are we done with Tiger Lily or is she going to manage to portal to Storybrooke in some contrived way?

Are we done with Tiger Lily or is she going to manage to portal to Storybrooke in some contrived way?

She has filmed alone with the Black Fairy, so I've been thinking they're in cahoots.

Or it could just be a sappy flashback of how Tiger Lily let her star pupil turn into Darth Vader.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

"Awake" was very meta.  A&E are justifying why they are sacrificing some characters on the altar of ABC in order to save the show as a whole.  Just as Snowing made the sacrifice not to reunite with Emma early so the town may be Saved, A&E are sacrificing Snowing (and maybe other characters) so this Show may be Saved.  

• Love 1