Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

It's like they gave Henry Josh's old costume except it doesn't fit.

Josh's costume's usually fit or perhaps the word would be were "fitted".  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Camera One said:

Does she seriously think these new characters will be sustainable beyond a season or even half a season?  Do they think A&E actually have a plan once this new Curse breaks?  That's when they started floundering like Nemo on dry land last time.  What makes this time any different?  

Dungey specifically said that it could go on but only if viewers bother to show up to watch it and everything rests on whether the audience connects with the new characters and if not then they'll start planning to wind the show down this season. Honestly, I think the fact that she said this at a pr event is very telling of how little faith they actually have that this show will do well. And in the same article, it talks about the backlash the show is getting

• Love 2

An attractive woman for sure, but Henry kind of looks like a kid next to her, and I am not sure how that is going to play into the epic nature of their love.

Yeah, Dania is five years older than Andrew and it's pretty obvious. I don't know. I think A&E  keep talking about how epic is this new love story because they have seen the little chemistry the actors have and they are trying to influence the audience in a "if we repeat it enough times people would believe it" kind of way. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

New photos

New identities

They're gonna put Hook and Regina together, I just know it.

I highly suspect this as well.

I've also considered that if Lady Tremaine is the LGBT character, cursed Regina could be her girlfriend. I feel like that would a very small bit of karmic justice for Graham. Very small, since it wouldn't be for 28 years.

They keep saying that these are our characters but with a twist. Yeah, the twist is they're CURSED so they don't know they're our characters. Wow, how novel.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Why do the Cursed personalities matter when that's not them?  Why not change them every episode?  In the second one, Regina is a retired ballerina and Hook is disgraced politician.  You know it's not like any of the 5000 variations of Regina and Hook you've seen before!

• Love 4

http://deadline.com/2017/08/once-upon-a-time-gay-romance-reunion-emma-swan-belle-tca-1202143433/

The Deadline article is written from a perspective that all critics are grasping at straws trying to find some hope that this won't be a giant cluster that they are required to watch and write about all year. Its funny and sad.

Kitis:  Was everything we did perfect? No. But you know, rock ‘n roll is messy, and we move on.

What does that even mean?

Kitis: But, as far as regrets, I mean who remembers?

head desk

Anwar when asked if she wanted to be Cinderella as a child. ....I did not feel my dream was to nail the prince.

I'm terrible, but between the cast exodus, Colin calling out the gas tank, and Anwar I'm kind of hoping there will be less diplomacy in the press when stuff goes sideways. 

• Love 1

“We’re always thinking of the fans.”

Ha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

To be fair, thinking of ways they can "shock" and "surprise" and "upset" the fans is thinking of the fans. So technically correct.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

For all the talk about a "fresh start" and a "total reboot", this season just sounds like a crappie version of season one. Oh joy. 

Yup. What utter nonsense they're spewing! They're claiming in one breath that the Show is totally new, and still the same, but different. They're tripping over themselves to appease all potential criticisms. 

• Love 4

It's like they planned this reboot backwards.  

- So, what epic love story is going to replace Snowing?  Other than Snow White, the only other famous Princess is Cinderella.  Damn, we hate Cinderella.  Oh well.

- What can replace the Mary Margaret-Emma friendship?  Regina is the epitome of a mother's love, so... her and Adult Henry!

- Who's the child with the heart of the truest believer that will replace Season 1 Henry?  Who's the hardened adult that will replace Season 1 Emma?  We will need to be original with this one.  This time, child is female and jaded adult is male.  Henry and his daughter!

- What can replace Storybrooke?  Okay... we did small town.  What about big city?

- Who's the bold and audacious female villainess in this new community?   "The Other Shoe" was popular, so let's do Lady Tremaine again but with someone hotter.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 9

It used to be that this thread used to be my favorite. Now it's the most depressing thread ever. Regina and Hook? What the actual fuck? Nooooooo. This is going to be terrible and I'm going to watch it even though I know it's going to be terrible because I hate myself apparently.

1 minute ago, Watt said:

It used to be that this thread used to be my favorite. Now it's the most depressing thread ever. Regina and Hook? What the actual fuck? Nooooooo. This is going to be terrible and I'm going to watch it even though I know it's going to be terrible because I hate myself apparently.

Even if they don't go down that route completely, you know the writers are going to tease something icky like that.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

New photos

New identities

Ye gods!!! Can you stop and think for just a moment how the extreme crazies in the fandom would react to that! The monumental shit storm that will Adam's twitter...the campaign to have Colin fired...

Just NO!!!

• Love 3
On 8/4/2017 at 10:46 PM, scenicbyway said:

Was that the adventure Emma had in the Wish Realm or the one Hook had on the Odyssey?  Because maybe Adam forgot they were separated for those?

You mean the Nautilus, Captain Nemo's ship. "Odyssey" wasn't the name of Odysseus's ship, it literally means a story about Odysseus. His ship was never named.

5 hours ago, Camera One said:

Why do the Cursed personalities matter when that's not them?  Why not change them every episode?  In the second one, Regina is a retired ballerina and Hook is disgraced politician.  You know it's not like any of the 5000 variations of Regina and Hook you've seen before!

You know, I've wanted someone to say "Regina Zelena Josephina Ballerina" for a long time.

4 hours ago, Camera One said:

- So, what epic love story is going to replace Snowing?  Other than Snow White, the only other famous Princess is Cinderella.  Damn, we hate Cinderella.  Oh well.

Or they could give it a twist and use the princess from "The Three Snake Leaves". Snicker.

1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

Even if they don't go down that route completely, you know the writers are going to tease something icky like that.

I feel like they would/should have done that last year with the long haired and more seductive Regina running around but they were weird and saved all that for Rumple so who knows. Maybe they were actually restraining themselves when Emma was in the picture. 

About Henry's potential love interest, I don't mind the age difference. It's nothing close to some of the older male to younger female  age differences on this show. I think it's just more jarring because Henry was wearing his striped scarf and behaving like a 12 year old three episodes ago. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 1

I couldn't tell the actress playing Cinderella was older.  I think she looks much younger than her actual age.  So does Andrew J. West.  I have the same problem as InsertWordHere... I can't look at Adult Henry without thinking of YoungerHenry because we just saw him.  Even though Adult Henry doesn't really look or act like Younger Henry at all, they're supposed to be the same person, and I'm not ready to think of him having a kid.  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Camera One said:

So does Andrew J. West.  I have the same problem as InsertWordHere... I can't look at Adult Henry without thinking of YoungerHenry because we just saw him.  Even though Adult Henry doesn't really look or act like Younger Henry at all, they're supposed to be the same person, and I'm not ready to think of him having a kid.  

I was looking at the new photos and thought maybe they should wait a while to have a fireside scene considering what he was doing fireside in his most knownrole to date.

Edited by ParadoxLost

I missed this tidbit in the EW article.

Executive producer Adam Horowitz confirmed Regina will also get a centric episode, but wouldn’t confirm when it would air.

That needed to be confirmed?  LOL.  At least this show is still delivering the laughs.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Camera One said:

- What can replace the Mary Margaret-Emma friendship?  Regina is the epitome of a mother's love, so... her and Adult Henry!

I don't understand how this relationship is going to work. Regina is an entirely different person who, imo, sounds more like Emma. I think they may have even originally written the role for JMo before she turned them down.  I am guessing even if they don't actually kill Emma off, they'll have Henry think she is dead to act as a reason why he would have a motherly relationship with a woman not ten years older then him? 

Theyre betting a lot on West and Parilla having a strong platonic chemistry, especially given that his love interest is about the same age as his cursed mom. The relationship between Emma and Mary-Margaret worked, in part, because same sex friendships are common and with two straight characters you're unlikely to to have shippy moments. And Ginny and JMo were friends even before the show began..West and Parilla just meet. IMO there is a reason Emma didn't spend too much time around cursed David. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Anna35 said:

Theyre betting a lot on West and Parilla having a strong platonic chemistry, especially given that his love interest is about the same age as his cursed mom. The relationship between Emma and Mary-Margaret worked, in part, because same sex friendships are common and with two straight characters you're unlikely to to have shippy moments. 

*coughSwanQueencough*

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Anna35 said:

I don't understand how this relationship is going to work. Regina is an entirely different person who, imo, sounds more like Emma. I think they may have even originally written the role for JMo before she turned them down. 

That's a really good point, and it would have worked much better with Emma and Adult Henry.  It would still have been weak compared to Emma/Mary Margaret, because Emma and Younger Henry parted on good terms.  Then again, the Writers over-estimate Regina so they could possibly have intended this for Regina all along (or they would have done both Emma and Regina, and now, some of that will go to Hook).

*coughSwanQueencough*

There could always be the unintentional Adult Henry/Hook chemistry.  The point is that it's a hazard when you put people of the same age together and write a indescribable bond.  They're probably working extra hard to remind us that Adult Henry *is* Henry, or else their plans fall apart.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

What is some magic happened to fuse Emma and Regina together? Sort of like Rumple and Neil in Season 3. That might be how the writers get around cursed Regina acting like Emma, not having JMO, and hooking up Hook and Regina, since she's technically Emma as well.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

New photos

New identities

It sure sounds like "Regina's new identity" was written for Emma.  Which would've made a heck of a lot more sense because Hook is in the cursed world too.  They would've had Henry and Emma teaming up at the bar but Emma and Hook would've eventually found each other either because he likes drinking at the bar or there's a brawl or something that he comes to breakup.  If this is true, I do wonder why JMo said "no" to the reboot.  It sounds like a good way to tell Hook and Emma's story and we finally would've gotten a TLK.  Admittedly I'm annoyed with her choice to leave because it really does do in the show, beyond what the writers were doing.

I don't think the actors are as invested in the couples as some of the fans.  The Writers have consistently ignored potential character exploration of Emma, and even I can't see any signs that it would change.   She was constantly replaying the same scenes with mostly Hook and Regina and sometimes Henry.  She also saw how peripheral the writing was for the "happy stable couple".  Moments that might make fans think of as sweet and romantic may not necessarily be very satisfying creatively to play.  I don't see anything in the new setup that would be new enough or challenging enough for her as an actor, if she were looking towards change.

Henry as a character doesn't have much potential for depth, at least not anything they bothered to explore in the last few seasons (despite many good ideas that forummers here have suggested).  Everything that is happening to him seems to be external.  I've always side-eyed shows that do an extreme time jump ahead, and then expect viewers to be curious and wanting to see what turned the characters into the ones in the "current" time frame.  It always feels very manipulative to me, and rarely are the reasons for the personality changes organic or believable.  And then eventually, they're back to the person they were before, and often, all the in-between stuff become a moot point.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

If this is true, I do wonder why JMo said "no" to the reboot.  It sounds like a good way to tell Hook and Emma's story and we finally would've gotten a TLK.  

Why do you think CS would have ever gotten a TLK? There was no guarantee of that. If A&E wanted CS to have a TLK, it would've happened in the finale. They didn't want it.

And there's nothing about the S7 setup that seems creatively challenging to anybody, frankly. Remember, it's still these writers that have consistently sidelined characters and given the actors the same beats to play over and over again, and forced the actors to contort their logic to come up with explanations to explain their characters' actions and words. It seems like the same old, same old again. A&E have shown little interest in Emma for ages -- why would that suddenly change in S7? I 100% understand why Jen decided to leave. The actors aren't stupid -- they can see the same writing flaws that we so often do. Given Dungey's quotes about the show possibly going on for years more, I wouldn't be surprised if ABC wanted Jen to agree to a multi-year contract -- and there's no way THAT was gonna fly.

I don't necessarily think Regina's cursed role was written for Emma. It strikes me as a role that would amuse them for Regina from the get-go. I mean, it's A&E -- clearly they'd conceive of Regina's role before they would Emma's.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Souris said:

I don't necessarily think Regina's cursed role was written for Emma. It strikes me as a role that would amuse them for Regina from the get-go. I mean, it's A&E -- clearly they'd conceive of Regina's role before they would Emma's.

I remain unconvinced that they ever considered JMo would actually sign for S7.  So I lean heavily towards this was always written for Regina.  You could also see this role for Regina as the culmination of her redemption arc when she was accepted by everyone and earned a new life where she is the bartender that everyone leans on for support and advice.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Camera One said:

I don't think the actors are as invested in the couples as some of the fans.  The Writers have consistently ignored potential character exploration of Emma, and even I can't see any signs that it would change.   She was constantly replaying the same scenes with mostly Hook and Regina and sometimes Henry.  She also saw how peripheral the writing was for the "happy stable couple".  Moments that might make fans think of as sweet and romantic may not necessarily be very satisfying creatively to play.  I don't see anything in the new setup that would be new enough or challenging enough for her as an actor, if she were looking towards change.

Yeah. The reboot is seemingly all about Henry. Why on earth would the writers give Emma a satisfying story arc now, when they haven't for six seasons? It seems like a rehash of Season 1 with Emma still playing the same role (she doesn't believe there's a Curse, and Henry/Lucy has to convince her).

4 hours ago, Souris said:

3 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I remain unconvinced that they ever considered JMo would actually sign for S7.  So I lean heavily towards this was always written for Regina.  

I agree. It seems like this reboot was floated around mid-season. And Jen never gave any positive vibes to the writers about staying-on. And the writers would totally have dreamed up Regina's Cursed personality the first thing before anyone else's. lol 

Its been obvious for quite sometime that the writers don't prioritize Emma, and consider Regina to be the real Hero of the show. I'm REALLY sad that JMo wont be around, and we wont get much Emma, but I cant be mad at her for leaving. She should find a project with writers that appreciate her and her talents.

• Love 7

I convinced they prioritized rumple, regina and hook and after Emma  and mostly cause cs. And, I don't think they were sad when gosh choose to leave by themselves!

But, I shocked by the similarly and the way they even use the parallel as their best promotion tool!

Nothing really give me the impression of fresher and better! And the only storyline had could have like Henry and Cyndi 2  is just men! For, now could change because I will at least watch 1,2 and 4 maybe not entirely but mostly! So, they will have a fair change to grasp me for more than hook scene  on YouTube

19 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I remain unconvinced that they ever considered JMo would actually sign for S7.  So I lean heavily towards this was always written for Regina.  You could also see this role for Regina as the culmination of her redemption arc when she was accepted by everyone and earned a new life where she is the bartender that everyone leans on for support and advice.

So do I. It fits with A&E's vision of Regina. They've pretty much taken everything Emma had and gave it to Regina. Emma had a great friendship with Snow. Snow ends up only ever talking to Regina. Emma had a great relationship with Henry. Henry ends up always siding with Regina ignoring and not carrying about any of Regina's crimes. They treated Regina like she was the Savior before she "officially" took the title in season five. They've replaced Emma with Regina in almost everything. It really doesn't surprise me that they wrote a cursed character that sounds very much like Emma but for Regina.   Even if JM was still here. It never would occur to them to have Emma be that cursed character. I'd be scared what they would come up for a cursed Emma they already made her beg Regina to be her friend and thank her for not letting her grow up with loving parents. 

• Love 4

If Emma were in Season 7, her Cursed role would overlap with Regina's.  They would both be having "heartfelt" talks with the Adult Henry they don't remember.  As others have suggested, Emma and Hook would be replay of Mary Margaret and David, kept apart in some way but drawn towards one another.  What's the opposite of a cop?  Maybe Emma would have been a petty criminal that Hook hauls into jail, and he has an affair with her, cheating on his long-suffering wife Regina.  Or to be really original, Emma is in a coma and Hook is drawn to her, a Jane Doe he found at the side of the road.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Or to be really original, Emma is in a coma and Hook is drawn to her, a Jane Doe he found at the side of the road.

Emma would be a crime victim Hook helps -- maybe with amnesia -- and although he's drawn to her, he can't ethically get involved with her, so being with someone he feels is meant for him would mean violating his honor. And then her "husband" would appear out of the blue. Yeah, they'd do something to make Emma passive and helpless, with everyone else doing stuff around her. In just about every alternate reality situation they've done, they've made Emma helpless and/or passive -- the prisoner in the island tower in the storybook AU, the ditzy and helpless princess of the wishverse, the mental patient in the Black Fairy's curse. She always has to be rescued by someone else.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Emma would be a crime victim Hook helps -- maybe with amnesia -- and although he's drawn to her, he can't ethically get involved with her, so being with someone he feels is meant for him would mean violating his honor. And then her "husband" would appear out of the blue. Yeah, they'd do something to make Emma passive and helpless, with everyone else doing stuff around her. In just about every alternate reality situation they've done, they've made Emma helpless and/or passive -- the prisoner in the island tower in the storybook AU, the ditzy and helpless princess of the wishverse, the mental patient in the Black Fairy's curse. She always has to be rescued by someone else.

Gee, can't imagine why Jen wouldn't jump to sign up for more of THAT.

• Love 4

I was wondering what other elements of the Cinderella story they will be including.  So far, we have Cinderella, Drizella and Lady Tremaine.

I'm assuming the mice Gus-Gus and Jacques were from the "other" Cinderella, so they're out.

Will they cast a Fairy Godmother?  Or will that be the usual (starts with R, ends in zzzzzzzzzzzz).  Will they have Cinderella talk to her mother in a tree, to explore some non-Disney elements?  I'm assuming they will show her father in flashback, if she's actually a regular character they plan to develop.  They don't seem interested in males overall, and Henry is sort of usurping his role, so Prince Charming probably won't get a full backstory or he will be evil instead.

I didn't enjoy the movie "Princess and the Frog".  I wonder whether Tiana is a one-off, since none of her fellow movie characters have been cast.  I think I read she was Cinder's roommate, so I suppose she would have an ongoing supporting role.  Her dream of opening a restaurant could be a good one, if they actually spend time on it (I don't see how because their cast is already bloated).

• Love 2

Are they incorporating animation or the "animated" versions of the characters? There was talk of that around SDCC, but I never saw any sources. I'm a little confused by that. Can anyone provide some clarification? 

Edited by KingOfHearts
17 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Are they incorporating animation or the "animated" versions of the characters? There was talk of that around SDCC, but I never saw any sources. I'm a little confused by that. Can anyone provide some clarification? 

Can't say.  #NoSpoilers  

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

The impression I got from what was said on the panel was that it was more hypothetical, as a way of explaining the multiple versions of the same stories, that we have lots of different takes on Cinderella, so those are apparently reflections of different story worlds -- there's a world out there with the animated version, the Grimm version, the one we've already seen on the show, and now this new version.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

You guys aren't thinking how A & E think..stir up controversy at the same time queer baiting and almost satisfying the shippers out there, but not really. Emma and Regina would be cursed as lesbian lovers...though they would have lesbian bed death so no sex...they just kind of bicker all the time and try to be the alpha..which actually is how the worked best.  Emma is somehow drawn to the pretty cop, while Regina is somehow drawn to her own reflection....(I would throw in their cranky neighbor Zelena and damn, I would watch that show...)

KITSIS: You’ll see a new version of Alice in Wonderland. You’ll see a new version of Cinderella. But we don’t have any plans to have a new version of Snow White or Wicked Witch this year.

This is what happened behind the scenes after the interview.

ADAM: Eddy, it was supposed to be we don't have any plans to have a new version of the Wicked Witch FULL STOP.  Do you KNOW what's happening to my Twitter feed AT THIS VERY MOMENT?????!!!!

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Emma's curtain call..??

It sounds like a send off tbh.

58 minutes ago, Camera One said:

This is what happened behind the scenes after the interview.

ADAM: Eddy, it was supposed to be we don't have any plans to have a new version of the Wicked Witch FULL STOP.  Do you KNOW what's happening to my Twitter feed AT THIS VERY MOMENT?????!!!!

They can't even keep interview answers consistent, it seems.

There was a set photo of Hook and this woman sitting on a bench, and a fan were angry and told A&E to die.  Adam gave a snarky remark but has since deleted the remark.  I'm glad he's not taking such a horrible comment seriously, though it might be better not to respond at all in the first place, and just ban them.  

• Love 1

The woman in the photo is Tiana. People were in a tizz because someone on twitter either speculated or claimed that Killian and Tiana were flirting. Others who were there didn't have that impression. They said Rogers was reading a paper, Tiana came along and sat at the other end of the bench, there was a short convo then Tiana left. It appeared like she was an informant reporting in.

On 7/22/2017 at 2:39 PM, KingOfHearts said:

A&E sure know how to sound condescending. I love how they can make that comment while also dropping the Will/Ana storyline like garbage.

They really do. The Will/Ana storyline was the best part of that show. I loved their love story and Ana truly earned her redemption. 

• Love 3

On Today's episode of "The Pointless and The Misleading", we explore the question... what does "curtain call" actually mean?

Charitini  ?‏ @jmoinspiration  14h14 hours ago

You say It's Emma's goodbye and we.learn how.hook got where he is. You haven't said one good thing about her character and love story

Adam Horowitz‏ @AdamHorowitzLA  14h14 hours ago

When did we say it's Emma's goodbye? #nospoilers

Charitini  ?‏ @jmoinspiration  14h14 hours ago

Isn't "Emma gets her curtain call" kinda a synonym? There were many times, I don't keep track but this is sth recent I remember

Adam Horowitz‏ @AdamHorowitzLA

Replying to @jmoinspiration   There's a lot of imagined quotes floating around. We did say curtain call which means... curtain call

Edited by Camera One

If we look at the baseball definition it might make more sense than the theatrical.

Curtain call:

When a player does something extraordinary, such as hit a milestone homerun, fans may continue to cheer once the player is in the dugout. This means they want to see the player again, and he typically abides by going back up the steps and waving to the fans.

She's returning to acknowledge the fans appreciation. He may be speaking more of jmo's return rather than Emma's fate.

• Love 2